• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best: Hoenn [CLOSED]

Whimsy smiled as she heard the younger girl comment on what she wanted to watch. So naturally the older teen put the show on for the two of them to watch. Almost instantly Whimsy chuckled at the interaction between the different 'family members' on the show. But hearing, and seeing, Gracia laugh made her feel a little more joy. I'm glad that this is making her smile! She looked so bummed out earlier, she thought to herself happily.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile a distance outside the storefront Jay had his arms crossed in front of his chest, glancing at the few cameras that hung outside. He knew that when either him or Whimsy were to use any of the credit cards in the wallet that her parents would be able to track down just where they were by the location of the purchase. Not only that, but they'd have video evidence. He had to come up with a plan to throw off any potential trail that would lead Whimsy's parents to her. That's when he got an idea.
"I am going to hate myself after this.."

Taking a deep breath the Zoroark changed his current illusion to that of a pastel haired woman. Checking himself over a bit before deciding that it was a good enough disguise. So feeling confident in his abilities, Jay strutted inside of the supermarket where he was going to get food for the girls. After the automatic doors opened he slipped inside and snagged a basket that was by the door. Making his way down an isle Jay stopped in front of the ramen selection to figure out just what kind Whimsy would eat. Finally he decided to grab one that was mildly spicy, according to the label, and had garlic as an ingredient in the broth. "Alright, now for Gracia," he said to himself rather quietly as his voices sounded more feminine to match his illusion. Walking out of the isle he made his way over to where their seafood was being sold.

At the counter Jay noticed the sushi display off to the right of it and began skimming through the different packaged sushi. That was until he finally came upon the one Gracia had told him she wanted. Smiling he picked it up, placing it in the basket before snagging a pair of disposable chopsticks that they had in a container next to the sushi. But he wasn't done yet. Jay detoured to the deli, which was also by the bakery, where he grabbed an egg salad sandwich in case the spicy of the ramen was too much for his trainer. Swinging by the bakery he picked up a single sugar cookie to give to Gracia as a treat. Now that he had everything he needed

Jay got in the express line to checkout and head back to the hotel.
When the total was rung up he payed with the sapphire card, putting it back in the wallet and dropping it into a bag once everything was payed. After the bag boy tried hitting on him Jay groaned and walked out of the store. Once he was far enough away from the security cameras he went back to his prior illusion while he continued walked back to the Wingull Hotel.

a562481248908eed0299d2ce30dae18c--bright-hair-punk-girls.jpg

Interaction: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Contest Hall - Int.| Interaction: N/A | Mentions: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ) |
Honestly, Ezra didn't get the craze when it came to competitions like this. Most of them just seemed to be the same people acting over-the-top with terribly flashy acts. Though, he supposed that was the point when it came to acts in Contest Halls such as these. He had wondered a few times how sneaky he could be in trying to get out of the hall; though, knowing his luck, he'd trip over something, or worse yet, he'd bump into a pillar and bring him more attention than what was already needed. And besides, leaving before seeing Mare would defeat the whole purpose of him being there. And, well, Dino for once, had opted to sleep instead of thrash about in his usual manner.

It was when whispers rose from the audience that Ezra's attention turned to the stage once again, noticing Mare had taken it - albeit, in the least confident way. He tried to project some sort of support for her mentally, but then he realised that it was a pretty poor way of showing his support. He could only sit there, just willing for something to go right for Mare and that she could think of something.

Thankfully, she and her Pokémon had something up their sleeves. And it was a resounding success. Compared to all the other performances, her swordsmanship and her Pokémon working in tandem held Ezra's attention much better. Even Dino, who had awoken by this stage, was caught in a stunned silence - until her act really started to pick up and he thrashed with as much enthusiasm as he was prone to.

By the end of the act, when Mare quickly shifted offstage, the audience seemed to be in high spirits, cheering, and almost gunning for more. Needless to say, Ezra was impressed by the show she put on. He never pinned her to place her efforts into coordinating, but, not unusually, he was proven wrong. He'd have to see her after once the rest of the competititon continued and this was over with. Hopefully he'd be congratulating her on more than just competing...
[/QUOTE]

Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2011
Time: 10:55 AM
Music Box: Weirdly Joyous ~ Rejoice Theme

Mare stood backstage and waited for them to announce the results. She was antsy. She wanted nothing more than to lose. A weird thing to want to a normal person but to Mare this was perfectly reasonable.

"And now!" The Announcer shouted. "The moment you've all been waiting for! The winner is... Chaz!"

Cheers went up from the crowd and Mare herself did a little happy dance.

"Haha! Yes! Yes! Woooo!" She shouted.

Still giddy she ran over behind the folding screen and changed as quickly as she could. Then she made to leave but Lisia blocked her path.

"Where are you going?✨"She asked.

"Away from here!" Mare souted, pushing past Lisia. Not even the contest star could stop her now! She was home free (well, not really. She was wrapped up in this whole Team Magma/Aqua thing or whatever. But she was still home free. She burst out of the contest hall and into the streets.

She quickly made her way back to the hotel. Just as she got to the door of their room she realized that she should probably calm down. Bursting into a room unanounced, singing in joy had the potential to be embarrassing. She quickly regained her composure before opening the door.

"Hello? Anybody in here? The door was unlocked so I assume at least one if you is in here."

Interacting: Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 )

Gracia Monuta|Regroup, Regroup!

"Hello? Anybody in here? The door was unlocked so I assume at least one if you is in here."
Gracia heard, noticed and smiled. "Yep, I'm here! Whimsy is here, too!" She said calmly, without any care in the world. "Nice to see you're back doing... whatever you 'were' doing, Mare! Come on, come in!" She added, laughing a little and with this positive attitude to her. She was feeling great, needless to say. What happened? Nothing much more apart from what said said to happen.

Interactions: BackSet BackSet
Mentions: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Upon hearing a familiar voice, and the door opening, Whimsy looked around Gracia only to beam at the girl in the door way. "Mare! It's nice to see you again!" The blonde giggled as she remained in her spot on the other girl's bed while the show continued to play in the background. Not a moment later though the was another familiar body in the doorway behind Mare, "I guess it's a party now," Jay chuckled in a somewhat gruff manner. Grocery bag in hand as he looked past the brunette in front of him. Seeing Jay had come back Whimsy gasped, "Oh my gosh! Mare, if I had known you'd be back soon I would've had Jay pick you up something to eat! I'm so so sorry!" The disguised Zoroark laughed as he reached into the bag, pulling out an egg salad sandwich. "I got this just in case, also," putting the packaged sandwich back in the bag Jay pulled out the small bakery bag and held it up, "I got you a cookie Gracia. Just in case you were still mad about being sick." Whimsy smiled softly at her partner before letting out a snicker. He was a bit of a softy when he wanted to be. "Hey, where's Ezra by the way?"

Interaction: BoltBeam BoltBeam BackSet BackSet
Mentions: Arcanist Arcanist

Gracia Monuta|Don't Starve

The disguised Zoroark laughed as he reached into the bag, pulling out an egg salad sandwich. "I got this just in case, also," putting the packaged sandwich back in the bag Jay pulled out the small bakery bag and held it up, "I got you a cookie Gracia. Just in case you were still mad about being sick."
Gracia gladly took it, seeming happy. She seemed very thankful, laughing. "Oooh, cookie!" She immediately chimed upon looking into said bag, clawing said cookie out with this eerily infectious and optimistic smile on her face. How can you not? "This is going to be niiice! Thank you!" She said before she gave it a bite, savouring the taste that which she tried of the cookie, seems to be just as good as it looks.
"Hey, where's Ezra by the way?"
Gracia stopped upon remembering. Oh yeah, Ezra. "Didn't Ezra go with Mare?" She asked aloud after she finished the bite of her cookie. "...You forgot, didn't you." She said in a slightly more softer yet creepier tone as if to scare Mare and/or force the answer out.

Interactions: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , BackSet BackSet

Time: 10:56 AM
Music Box:
Encounter!Pokemon Trainer Mare

Mare began to sit down but stopped the moment the two other girls mentioned Ezra. There was a pause and then Mare slapped her head with her palm and left it there for a few seconds before letting it drop.

<Crap.> She said. "I was so excited about losing that I forgot about him! That socially awkward dork is going to get himself killed!"

Mare sighed. He'd probably be fine. After all, he had Hoots with him. She'd make sure he wasn't killed or maimed.

It occured to Mare that despite having rarely talked to him while she was growing up she was really worried about Ezra. Despite him being about a year older than her she saw him as a sort of little brother. Maybe that was just compensation for her bratty cousin Brendan, who was much closer to a little brother if simply due to blood relations.

"Excited about losing!?" Whimsy couldn't help but to giggle as Jay walked over, handing her the ramen cup she had asked for, "Now I know I haven't known you longer than a few days Mare, but being excited about loosing? That doesn't seem like your character. Unless I'm missing something here." Smiling at the group the blue eyed teen stood up and made her way over to the coffee maker located on the counter. Setting the cup down she started working on filling the pot with water from the sink. But as Mare exclaimed how she had lost Ezra, Whimsy pouted slightly, "Lost? Well I'm sure he'll find his way back," but the pout soon faded as a smile replaced it, "Plus that 'dork' is pretty smart, even if he's not a big talker. Besides, Hoots is with him. She'll keep him in line in case he causes a problem." As the water started heating up in the reservoir Whimsy turned her back to the slowly filling pot.

While she was doing that Jay stood in front of Gracia, digging through the bag. Tossing Whimsy's wallet at her, which she caught, before grabbing the sushi the younger girl had asked for.
"Here Gracia, I even got you chopsticks." He stated while setting the container and eat utensils down on the bed next to her. At this point Jay decided to drop his illusion, he needed a break as well. Moving over to his trainer the Zoroark pulled out a second pair of chopsticks which he handed to her. "Thanks Jay!" Whimsy beamed as she started preparing her lunch now that the water was hot.

Turquoise eyes landed on Mare as she Pokémon offered the girl what was left in the bag, an egg salad sandwich. He didn't want to be rude and let her go without while the others ate in front of her. But if she didn't want it he'd simply toss it in the mini fridge.

Interaction: BackSet BackSet BoltBeam BoltBeam

Mention: Arcanist Arcanist

Gracia Monuta|Right and/or Reason

While she was doing that Jay stood in front of Gracia, digging through the bag. Tossing Whimsy's wallet at her, which she caught, before grabbing the sushi the younger girl had asked for. "Here Gracia, I even got you chopsticks." He stated while setting the container and eat utensils down on the bed next to her.
Gracia looked at the sushi and then the chopsticks, letting out a little squeal of excitement - barely able to calm herself so she doesn't eat it so fast. Indigestion is one big son of a-
"I was so excited about losing that I forgot about him! That socially awkward dork is going to get himself killed!"
Gracia scoffed before laughing a little bit. "Seriously?" She said after laughing in the same tone from earlier. "I don't think that's a good idea..." She said honestly as she would continue to savour her food - with intent to finish the cookie first. "Considering what happened before and we were decently spread out then?" She reiterated - that still leaving a 'huge' impression on her.

Interactions: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , BackSet BackSet

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Contest Hall - Int. -> Room 612 | Interaction: N/A | Mentions: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy/Jay ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) |

Ezra was on his way out of the Contest Hall once the competition had ended (which had a rather disappointing end, in his honest opinion, but he couldn't argue with the judges's final verdict), but found himself stuck in the rather crowded interior and spent the time spent tapping his foot waiting to get out. That was cut short, however, with Dino's escapade. He quite literally lept out of Ezra's arms when his attention had been diverted, and with his small stature, managing to weave his way through the gaps in the crowd and out of the Contest Hall entirely, leaving his trainer squashed in between dozens of civilians. Ezra had found himself caught in a panic, soon resorting to shoving past couples, families, to try and keep up with the Gible.

Unfortunately, Ezra had lost sight of him. The only Pokémon he saw were airborne, or on the shoulders of other Trainers. Much where Dino should have been with Ezra. Instead of heading back to the hotel, where he assumed Mare and her own Pokémon must have ran off too, he had spent a good hour tracing his steps around Slateport, looking down rather suspicious alleyways, and awkwardly approaching people with questions of where a rather sharp-toothed Gible had wobbled off to. He even enlisted the help of Hoots to look for him, but even she came up with nothing.

Eventually, the frazzled researcher had little left to do other than head back to the hotel. He figured if he found his new-found friends there, maybe they could help him with finding the Pokémon. As he walked through the lobby, rather downtrodden that his search for Dino had been fruitless, he had noticed an array of confused and rather amused looking stares. He hadn't thought much on them, since he rarely gave much attention to the looks he got most of the time anyway, and stepped into the nearest elevator to head to the floor the girls were staying on. Oddly enough, Hoots had been acting rather odd too. She kept trying to get Ezra's attention and kept nudging her head all sorts of directions, but Ezra hadn't gave her much notice either.

Once Ezra had arrived at the room, he knocked and waited, all the while, his head filled with the worst 'what-ifs' that could come to mind. Maybe somebody abducted Dino. Perhaps he was still roaming the city, confused to where his trainer had gone off to in search of him. Even worse, Dino could have fallen into the port, and been swooped up in the gaping gullet of a Pelipper, for all he knew. The troubled look on his face remained once the door had opened.

"We have a problem..." Ezra began, his frown growing deeper and more fraught with anxiety, with a shifting Noctowl by his side. "I can't find Dino anywhere...he ran off after we got stuck inside the Contest Hall. I mean, he's got sharp teeth as most Gibles do, so he could defend himself if anything were to happen, but I'm worried that he'll get himself into a pickle that he won't be able to get out of..." He let his worries pour out in a flood, the distress clear in his bright eyes. Hoots, beside him, simply shook her head again in an exasperated manner, before she started inching towards the bag over his shoulder.

Unbeknownst to the trainer, a grey Pokémon had nestled itself inside its bag, only poking its head out of it to look at whoever had answered the door with a toothy grin. Arceus only knew how long Dino had been hiding inside that bag for, without alerting Ezra.

Time: 11:23 AM - 11:31 AM
Music Box: Encounter!Pokemon Trainer Mare

Mare chuckled. "It's a long story." She said.

She took the bag from Jay with a polite thank you and sat down. She released Fiji from his ball and handed him the egg salad sandwich.

"Oh sweet!" He said, biting into it. "I'm starving."

"Hey, don't forget to thank Jay." Mare told him. "And don't talk with your mouth full. You'll just get crumbs everywhere."

Fiji swallowed and rolled his eyes. "Yes, 'mom.'" He turned to Jay. "Thanks."

Mare lay back on the couch. She was just about ready to pass out. And the day was barely half finished. She was just gonna sit there for a few minutes. Then there was a knock on the door.

"I've got it." Mare said, jumping up to grab the door. She opened it to find a very frazzled looking Ezra.

"Oh! Ezra! We were just wondering where you were." He looked like he'd been running all over town for an hour which, judging by his ramblings, he had. As Ezra rambled Mare couldn't help but notice a grayhead poking out of Ezra's bag. "I think I found your missing pokemon." Mare said, pointing to Ezra's bag. She kneeled down. "Hey there. I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Mare. What's your name?"

Talking to: Ezra and Dino ( Arcanist Arcanist )

Jay gave a nod to Fiji after the Treecko thanked him for the sandwich. But when Gracia spoke up both the Zoroark and his trainer couldn't help but to nod in agreement. Turning her attention to Mare, Whimsy watched her giggle while commenting that it was a long story. "I guess that loss then wasn't what any of us thought it was. If it was something serious I have a feeling it wouldn't be as funny," she snickered. Next thing they knew, however, there was a knock on the door.
Now, Whimsy was in the middle of stirring her noodles so that she could eat them, so when Mare offered to get the door the teen smiled.

While blowing on the food contained in the cup she was currently holding Whimsy turned to watch her new found friend open the door. Once the door was opened the mystery door knocker was revealed to be none other than Ezra. From the sounds of it he had lost Dino, more than likely one of his Pokémon, and looked a bit rough. Just as she was about to swallow her food and offer her help Mare had found the Pokémon. Seemed that it thought it'd be fun to hid on Ezra's person without his knowledge. Whimsy couldn't help but to snicker through a closed mouth all while trying to not joke on the food she was trying desperately to swallow. Thankfully it had gone down the right pipe, allowing her to finish her snickering safely.
"Guess he didn't go too far?"

She wanted to go over and help reassure the red head, but the doorway was just a bit too crowded. Instead she looked around Mare's shoulder only to spot Hoots standing beside the boy. "Hey Hoots," Whimsy beamed, "I bet you're feeling rather relieved now too. Did you know Dino was in there?" Tilting her head a bit as she asked the question; and, picking up some noodles between her chopsticks in the process.

Interaction: BackSet BackSet Arcanist Arcanist
Mentions: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Contest Hall - Int. -> Room 612 | Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy/Jay ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: N/A |

Ezra would have continued rambling on in misery - had Mare not stopped him from going any further by pointing towards his bag, and revealing that she had found the missing Gible. He paused, before he gazed down into the partially open bag at his waist, and he almost felt his soul exit his body. In fact, he felt his entire face light up as bright as his hair, and he exclaimed, "D-D-Dino?! Where have you--how long have you been--?!" The young researcher's words tumbled out in amongst his relief and annoyance. No wonder those people in the lobby were giving him weird looks. Maybe that's why Hoots had demanded his attention all the way up to the room...?

The Gible - who had promptly ignored its trainer's quickfire questions and clear concern for the Pokémon - didn't shy away from Mare as she knelt down and introduce herself. What would have come out as a series of over-excitable 'gibles' to the others was simply a stream of excitable sentences from the small Pokémon. "Mare! You were the girl performing onstage! So cool!~" Dino's arms emerged from the bag as he waved them with enthusiasm - or perhaps a weak imitation of Mare's arm movements with her swords. "I'm Dino! D-E-E-E-I-M...uh, I can't really spell it. Ezra can though! But people always say it wrong." Whether you were fluent in the language of Pokémon or not; it was clear to anyone's ears that Dino was a hyperactive chatterbox.

And it was something Ezra frequently felt the need to apologise for. "Sorry. He never keeps still. He'll either run around making noise or he'll find something to sink his teeth into...which explains the state of the outside of my bag..." He mumbled, looking rather disappointedly at some of the fabric having fallen victim to Dino's razor-sharp teeth.

"Oh, that's nothing!"
Dino butted in, a sheen running across his toothy grin. "I bit onto his sweater and held onto it the whole way back to a hotel once! I've been chewing on his things ever since!"

Dino's chattering was enough to cause the cool-headed Hoots a headache, so, she was relieved when Whimsy had embroiled her in a conversation. Of course, she nodded in affirmative to being relieved - a minute longer without the Pokémon and she was sure Ezra would have stopped functioning for the rest of the day. Though, it was clear by her eye-rolling and her own irritated hooting as she eyed the bag that she was annoyed her attempts at pointing out Dino's whereabouts had been for naught. She wondered how long they would have been looking for had Mare not pointed out where the pointy headed Pokémon had gone off to.

Time: 11:31 AM
Music Box: Encounter!Blissful People

If Mare had been talking to anyone else, person or pokemon, she would have resonded with snark, sarcasm, or both. But this Pokemon, well, she couldn't exactly bring herself to snark at him. He was just so young and cute and naive. So instead of her usual deadpan expression she smiled.

"Aww. Thanks." She said. She chuckled a bit as the gibble went on and on talking about whatever. Eventually, she stood up. "He's certainly something." She said to Ezra.

Arcanist Arcanist

Whimsy smiled sympathetically to the owl Pokémon who was rolling her eyes so hard that one might be able to hear them if it was possible. "I know it's hard to not be heard when the matter is important, but you can't be completely mad at him. He was extremely worried and not entirely focused on what was going on around him." Blue eyes taking a glance at Mare upon hearing her chuckle caused Whimsy to chuckle as well, "Must be a nice conversation you both are having." Though as Ezra began to mourn slightly over his damaged bag an idea came to mind. Perhaps she could pay to replace the ruined bag with a new one suited to Ezra's taste. But the girl quickly shook her head, causing the idea to move to the far corner of her mind. Something inside of Whimsy was telling her that it might be a bad idea to offer to pay for more of the boy's expenses. Just yesterday she had given him a good sum of money after overhearing the problems he was having with his bike. The same one that got abandoned when the group fled the city. Heck, it might not even be in one piece anymore for all they know. Maybe I should just wait for it all to come up on its own instead of buying things that might not be needed, or wanted.

As Whimsy started eating her cup of ramen Jay moved away from his trainer and further into the hotel room. The doorway had become too crowded for his taste, and there was no way he was going to stand closer to the bathroom than he needed. Walking past the pull out couch and Mare's bed before stopping at Gracia's bed where she was still sitting. Without saying anything, or putting up his illusion, the Zoroark moved over to the side of the girl's bed then sat down beside her. Reaching out to her Jay placed a paw on Gracia's forehead, then his other paw on his own forehead, to gauge the girl's fever to see if it was still high.

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist BoltBeam BoltBeam BackSet BackSet

Gracia Monuta
As Whimsy started eating her cup of ramen Jay moved away from his trainer and further into the hotel room. The doorway had become too crowded for his taste, and there was no way he was going to stand closer to the bathroom than he needed. Walking past the pull out couch and Mare's bed before stopping at Gracia's bed where she was still sitting. Without saying anything, or putting up his illusion, the Zoroark moved over to the side of the girl's bed then sat down beside her. Reaching out to her Jay placed a paw on Gracia's forehead, then his other paw on his own forehead, to gauge the girl's fever to see if it was still high.
Gracia was a bit confused until the Zoroark did so after they approached, but understood pretty much as soon as the contact was 'formed' between them, so to speak. Gracia managed to keep a smile as the Zoroark would find it was going away, but it's still there. One would hope it's not as strong anymore if it is just metaphorically leaving, so all things considered, a little longer and Gracia is free to do as she pleases once again. She stayed silent until the Zoroark would retract his paw to himself, not seeing the need to speak up while he's doing this, nor is she sure what to say.

Interactions: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Room 612 | Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy/Jay ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | Mentions: N/A |

Ezra glanced between Dino and Mare, wondering just what Gible was blabbering on about, or what he was saying about him. He always did wonder what his own Pokémon thought of him, whether they enjoyed his company or found it tedious like several others had in the past. If that was the case, he supposed he would let them go rather than force them to stay with him. That's what other people did after all if they didn't enjoy one's company. Eventually, Ezra looked up to Mare again, blinking. "In a good way...?" He ventured precariously, before he managed a smile and responded. "He's not all bad. Dino has a big heart...and a big mouth..." He chuckled a little, holding Dino closer to him despite his wriggling.

"I do! He's right, you know! I could fit my mouth around someone's hand!" The Gible declared with a fist - fin? - pump in the air. Not something to be proud of, perhaps, but he was proud of it nonetheless.

"Anyway..." Ezra sighed, walking further into the room as he sat down on the bed. "I'm beat..." He didn't protest to Dino wriggling out of arms and exploring the room, still full of boundless energy compared to his trainer.

Hoots gave something of a shrug back to Whimsy, in a way she supposed she was right. She gave Ezra the benefit of the doubt most of the time, due to his nature and their relationship. As the Gible pattered over to her, she flung her wing at him. "Shoo! I spent an hour playing hide and seek with you as it is!" Her hooted in an irratible manner, before she watched Dino patter off towards Gracia and Jay to bother them instead.

Music Box: Encounter!Blissful People

Mare herself, returned to the couch. She was just getting comfortable when a familiar loud voice announced it's owners presence.

"Ahoy! I've returned!" Yes, it was Wattson, returned from PR Cleanup duty. "I brought lunch for those who haven't had it! And some important information!"

And so, those who were hingry had lunch. That, of course, included Mare who had handed the egg salad sandwich Jay had given her off to Fiji. So instead she had an Isshu Cheesesteak. It tasted pretty good. Wally had also joined them for lunch

"Alright," Wattson said between bites of his Pizza. "So, remember that mission I had for you. It turns out it's more urgent than it originally was. Team Aqua and Team Magma are making their move later today, as it turns out. So you're going to have to head out immediately. Don't worry, if you're quick enough you shouldn't have to deal with them." He paused then continued. "Now, the details of your mission. Who here knows about Sea Mauville."

Mare had most definitely not heard of Sea Mauville. Though she had lived there a little while now, she was still unfamiliar with Hoenn's landmarks and locations. Since she knew nothing about it, she naturally decided to look at Ezra, aka the smartest guy in the room, and wait and see if he could explain.

Interactions: Ezra ( Arcanist Arcanist ) Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 )

ezra-jpg.636283
Ezra Yew
Located: Room 612 | Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | Mentions: N/A |

Just as Ezra believed he would get a moment's rest, Wattson appeared with his booming voice, making Ezra flinch at his sudden appearance. Thankfully, all was forgiven when Wattson had mentioned he brought food along - a wide spread of it, it seemed - and he took to simply taking a sandwich as he sat and listened to Wattson get down to business.

Ezra frowned at the thought of possibly running into those dastardly Teams Magma and Aqua. They caused more trouble than it was worth, and he still hadn't forgave them for interrupting his day of research, and forcing him to leave that bike behind. It was awfully expensive, the best bike Hoenn could buy, and no doubt by the time he'd go back and get it, he'd have a huge bill waiting for him. Or else, it'd be carted off to the nearest bidder. There goes his money, at least. Maybe he could contact his mother and ask for a loan...

Regardless, he was brought back to the current situation when Wattson asked them all if they knew what Sea Mauville was. Naturally, Ezra piqued up first. "Sea Mauville? I know about it." He seemed to begin...but didn't continue, oddly. He sat there in silence afterwards, expecting others to answer Wattson. Though, as he glanced around, he found Mare staring at him as if waiting for something. He stared at her blankly for a few moments before his eyes widened with realisation. "Oh! That's my cue, isn't it?" He asked her, going red in the cheeks. It was odd for him not to go on a tangent about something he knew, and now it seemed everyone was entirely used to his encyclopedic knowledge that they almost expected him to rhyme off things. Give the people what they want, right?

Ezra cleared his throat a little, before he started to explain to Mare - and those who didn't know of it - what Sea Mauville actually was. "It used to be an old research facility set up to gather the sea's natural resources. Though, unfortunately, it had to close down like New Mauville after some time. However, before they thought of demolishing it, they found Pokémon like Wingulls, Walimers, Tentacools, and more had gathered there because of its unique habitat, so they left it be. It's now basically a ruined platform that's difficult to get to unless you have the right diving equipment or machinery, or at least, a Pokémon that can dive that deep." He finished. Ezra smiled at Mare, as if to garner something of approval. Though, a question popped into his mind, and he turned back to Wattson.

"So...why do we need to go there anyway?"

Gracia Monuta
"Ahoy! I've returned!" Yes, it was Wattson, returned from PR Cleanup duty. "I brought lunch for those who haven't had it! And some important information!"

And so, those who were hingry had lunch. That, of course, included Mare who had handed the egg salad sandwich Jay had given her off to Fiji. So instead she had an Isshu Cheesesteak. It tasted pretty good. Wally had also joined them for lunch

"Alright," Wattson said between bites of his Pizza. "So, remember that mission I had for you. It turns out it's more urgent than it originally was. Team Aqua and Team Magma are making their move later today, as it turns out. So you're going to have to head out immediately. Don't worry, if you're quick enough you shouldn't have to deal with them." He paused then continued. "Now, the details of your mission. Who here knows about Sea Mauville."
Gracia gulped. 'Sea Mauville?' She thought to herself at the mention of it, all noticeably worried at the mention of both Team Aqua and Team Magma once again; it seems they're doing so much and so soon. Before she could say she 'didn't' know anything on it, Ezra had began to explain what he knew of it - the purpose of it, and what it did, as well as a question at the end Gracia herself is interested in knowing.
"It used to be an old research facility set up to gather the sea's natural resources. Though, unfortunately, it had to close down like New Mauville after some time. However, before they thought of demolishing it, they found Pokémon like Wingulls, Walimers, Tentacools, and more had gathered there because of its unique habitat, so they left it be. It's now basically a ruined platform that's difficult to get to unless you have the right diving equipment or machinery, or at least, a Pokémon that can dive that deep." He finished. Ezra smiled at Mare, as if to garner something of approval. Though, a question popped into his mind, and he turned back to Wattson.

"So...why do we need to go there anyway?"
Gracia shrugged. "If I had to hazard a guess, these two 'teams' want something to do with its contents. After all, it's usually the abandoned places or hidden places that have something of great value, right?" She thought aloud, sounding both confused and curious. A short silence at her unknowing later, she just slumped back down and groaned. "I'm only guessing - it's probably not right, but that's the first thing that's come into my head." She said honestly with what little energy she had at that time - she is recovering, just lacking her energy fix.

Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist , BackSet BackSet , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Music Box: Reminiscence ~ Alpha/Omega

"You're right, actually." Wattson said to Gracia, suddenly glum. "We believe they're after another batch of research notes, this time on a project called Project Omega." Wattson sighed. "While Project Alpha, the project where we tried to reproduce Mega Stones, was definitely a dark time, Project Omega was almost downright evil. It was headed by me and a partner and my partner somehow managed to completely take over everything from me and turn the entire place into a living nightmare for both the Pokemon test subjects and the human employees. The project itself was dedicated to the research of evolution stones. We had a similar goal to Project Alpha, to furthur the evolution process. But, of course, that all had to be abandoned after... the incident. I'm not allowed to say much more, I'm afraid but the long story short of it is that Team Aqua and Team Magma want that data and you need to stop them."

Mare wasn't sure what to think of Wattson's infodump. On the one hand, she was happy to find out what the mission was. On the other hand, she didn't want to die. And on the third hand, this was all really heavy. Dark things lurked under Hoenn, it seemed.

Arcanist Arcanist Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 BoltBeam BoltBeam

Feeling that Gracia had no real fever left the Pokémon gave a sigh of relief as he removed his paw from her forehead. Thus giving him the opportunity to relax while everyone got comfortable and ate.

Whimsy though couldn't help but to chuckle to herself as she watched Ezra sat down on Mare's bed, "Poor Ez," the teen mumbled softly, "What a day." Unknown to Whim however, this wasn't even half of it. As she started to eat another mouthful of ramen noodles the door swung open next to her followed by a loud, familiar voice that caused her to choke. After a minor coughing fit and some deep breathing she was able to look over and see just who it was that had scared the daylights out of her. Low and behold it was good ole Wattson with Wally in tow. And I'm going to take that as my time to stop eating, Whimsy thought to herself before tossing the last bit of remaining noodles in the trash. A smile spread across her face though as she watched everyone happily eating and enjoying themselves. Though it didn't seem to last too long when Wattson started to tell them about the mission he had previously mentioned.

Sea Mauville wasn't something that she hadn't really heard of before today. There was a chance it was something she learned in history class back home, but that chance was rather slim to none. Thankfully Ezra's vast amount of knowledge came in handy for this one. Listening intently, Whimsy hung on just about every word that came out of the boy's mouth regarding the facility in question as she continued to stand near the door. In her mind it seemed like a very exciting place in all honesty, even if it was where those crazy people from yesterday were heading to. But as she looked around at her newly made friends the atmosphere felt heavy.

By the way they spoke, and by the looks on their faces, they didn't seem too sure about this whole thing. When her eyes turned to Jay she was met with the stern glare of a parent about to tell their child no. Whimsy and her partner looked at each other from across the room in a stare off, an unspoken battle. Though after a couple of minutes the blonde haired girl tore her attention away from the Zoroark as she took a shaky breath. One step after another Whimsy found herself at the bed Ezra was sitting on, then sat down a foot away from him on the bed's edge.

"M-Mister Wattson," her voice a bit shaken as she thought of the words to say. Whimsy took another breath, this time to calm herself down a bit. Looking over at the older gentleman Whimsy gripped the hem of her shorts, "I think it's safe for me to say that after yesterday we are all scared of these people and what they might be capable of. We're just a bunch of teenagers who managed to get lucky. I'm not sure this is something that we can do, or even want to do. But I'm not going to speak for everyone on that part. Mare, Ezra, and Gracia need to decide what they want to do on their own." Whimsy paused for a moment to let her words sink in a bit before she spoke again. "Personally I don't have any fancy diving gear, or submarine, or even a water type Pokémon that could get me over to Sea Mauville. But if you have any idea of how I can get there or point me in the direction of a water Pokémon to catch then I'll go," blue eyes narrowed in determination all while her partner glared rather disapprovingly, but he knew there wasn't much that would change her mind, "You said that there was a good chance of getting there before Aqua and Magma. I'm willing to take that bet to get the information you want."

"Stubborn fool," Jay mumbled quietly after casting his human illusion despite wanting to have a break from it. Sporting his infamous smirk the "man" looked over at Whimsy before casting glances at everyone else in the room. Waiting to hear what they had to say about the matter.

Interaction: BackSet BackSet BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta
"You're right, actually." Wattson said to Gracia, suddenly glum. "We believe they're after another batch of research notes, this time on a project called Project Omega." Wattson sighed. "While Project Alpha, the project where we tried to reproduce Mega Stones, was definitely a dark time, Project Omega was almost downright evil. It was headed by me and a partner and my partner somehow managed to completely take over everything from me and turn the entire place into a living nightmare for both the Pokemon test subjects and the human employees. The project itself was dedicated to the research of evolution stones. We had a similar goal to Project Alpha, to further the evolution process. But, of course, that all had to be abandoned after... the incident. I'm not allowed to say much more, I'm afraid but the long story short of it is that Team Aqua and Team Magma want that data and you need to stop them."
Well heck, it seems like she's right. Gracia thought about it. Mega Stones again, and they're after research notes... So the aim sounds like they need to get there hopefully before they do and swipe the notes right out from under their noses. Of course, you gotta get there first... Gracia has either one or two ways depending how you look at it, but that's not the problem, the problem was what the cost of failing would be. It would be then that Whimsy spoke up.
"I think it's safe for me to say that after yesterday we are all scared of these people and what they might be capable of. We're just a bunch of teenagers who managed to get lucky. I'm not sure this is something that we can do, or even want to do. But I'm not going to speak for everyone on that part. Mare, Ezra, and Gracia need to decide what they want to do on their own."
"Personally I don't have any fancy diving gear, or submarine, or even a water type Pokémon that could get me over to Sea Mauville. But if you have any idea of how I can get there or point me in the direction of a water Pokémon to catch then I'll go," blue eyes narrowed in determination all while her partner glared rather disapprovingly, but he knew there wasn't much that would change her mind, "You said that there was a good chance of getting there before Aqua and Magma. I'm willing to take that bet to get the information you want."
Gracia just sat there in silence, unsure how to respond. She would proceed to look down to her belt of Pokeballs and picked one of them out - seeing as this was a water-type department, this may be useful. She looked to Whimsy in worry at the thought of what to do. Gracia shuddered. "Well... There do seem to be a lot of Tentacool out in the waters near here." Gracia said to her. "I dunno if that'll be strong enough, but... what else is there... Wailmer, maybe? I dunno..." She sounded confused and conflicted - the sole purpose of these suggestions sounded like nothing more than transport, and Gracia isn't sure how to feel about it, considering her own Water-type can't easily transport her at all - and it hadn't even been seen by everyone yet! The only Pokemon Gracia is known to have are Hydreigon, Kirlia and Larvesta - or at least the ones seen by others. The rest is a mystery; Gracia looking down to the Pokeball in her hands with worry - very intensive worry for what could go wrong.

Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist , BackSet BackSet , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Music Box: Reminiscence ~ Alpha/Omega

"Look, I'm as apprehensive to send a bunch of kids on a mission like this as you should be apprehensive to go on this mission," Wattson said. "But I can't jus let you walk away knowing what you do." Wattson stood up and walked over to a trash can to throw out his paper plate. "You can, of course, keep on living your normal lives, just under constant surveillance to make sure noone tries to pull any information you have out of you."

Mare swallowed the piece of food she had in her mouth and pointed her fork at Wattson. "No way. I'm not living in a personal dystopia." She rubbed her temples and sighed. "Much as I hate to admit it, and I really hate to admit it, I'm pretty scared of these guys too. But nothing scares me worse than what's in my past so I am going on this mission."

Mare gave her best game face. Given that this was Mare, it was actually pretty good. There was nothing and nobody who could stop Mare. Not when she was determined. And she was right now, motivated by the idea of not being constantly watched by big brother.

"Ah, yes, transportation." Wattson said, when it was brought up. Due to the power of retcon it was only brought up after Mare said her bit (which, in itself, came after Whimsy's bit) (sorry about retconning things, needed my post to make sense). "I actually have that arranged. And rest assured there's no diving involved. The computers underwater no longer work, after all. All you need to do is get in, find a computer, type in the password which I will relay to you over a com device, download the information onto this drive." Wattson held up a flashdrive with his symbol and badge, the Dynamo Badge, branded onto it. "And initiate a system wide deletion of all of said information. Very sinple, in and out. You shouldn't even have to worry about running into either Team Aqua or Team Magma."

Wattson was, of course, oblivious to his tempting of fate.

BoltBeam BoltBeam Arcanist Arcanist Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew
Located: Room 612 | Interaction: Mare/Wattson ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | Mentions: N/A |
Ezra was troubled. Deeply troubled, and for once he couldn't put it down to his own frustrations over findings, or uncorrelated data. What Wattson had been speaking of was real, dangerous events, and real, very incredibly dangerous individuals after some top-secret information. It most definitely didn't play out like those major spy movies (as he already knew), but the reality of the situation was heavy enough. The expressions on the surrounding group's faces were enough to tell anyone that. Ezra loathed to think of any Pokémon, or any human, that had to suffer under such projects. Though, he tried to keep such loathing to a minimum. It wasn't the time for it, after all.

He looked to Whimsy when she spoke, having sat on the edge of the bed as well, though, with enough distance between the two. He listened to her words, finding himself nodding subconsciously in agreement with her. The prospect of getting involved in a fight against terrorists, where people and even their own Pokémon could get hurt, frightened him to no end. He found himself thoughtfully staring into space as Gracia spoke, apparently weighing up her actions, and then eventually brought his full attention back to Wattson.

Ezra shared the same sentiment as Mare when Wattson gave his piece. He didn't fancy being watched or monitored 24/7. He liked to be solitary some of the time and just be left alone to do his work, and he couldn't do it with some...FBI man in the bushes watching him, or tapped into his phone so he could hear his every word. And how else would his ideas be his own if somebody else knew them and could steal them to use them? As much as he hated the idea of putting himself in harm's way...perhaps it was a necessary evil.

Ezra was thoughtful on his decision, moreso when Wattson explained they needed to do a system wide deletion of information which was still hidden on some of the computers there. He glanced around the group before he opened his mouth, "Maybe...maybe it'd be a good idea if I went. I'm not sure how good the rest of people here are with that kind of thing..." He hadn't realised how insulting it would have been to the other's intelligence, but they could use Ezra to speed things along and get them out prompto.

Regardless, he tried to reassure the others, knowing that he - like himself - were frightened of the dangers that were involved. "And anyway, we have our Pokémon with us, right? It adds more numbers to our group if we encounter any trouble."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back