• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best: Hoenn [CLOSED]

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Room 612 | Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ) | Mentions: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) |

"D-Dino! Please, if you'd just stop biting things for just a minute..."

The Giblet had an odd fixation for sinking his teeth into a varying amount of things. Today, it was the bottom of Ezra's shoulder bag, which he tended to struggle to hold onto. Despite landing back onto the ground several times, Dino still persevered to hang off the shoulder bag by chomping into it. Ezra sighed as he gave up with trying to scold him. He wanted to keep this bag in good condition after Dino severed the last two. And of course, he left the chew toy he had purchased for him some time ago back at Birch's lab. He supposed he'd have to buy him a new one in Slateport.

Honestly speaking, Ezra was glad they were getting a breather today, what with the events at Mauville the day previously. He appreciated being able to let the events sink in, especially when he had been up and down during the night. Though, he was curious as to what Wattson had in mind for him and the others, if not slightly anxious about the prospects. Though, he figured they could worry about that tomorrow, when Wattson wished to speak to all of them again.

From there, they all went their seperate ways to explore Slateport. Ezra had caught wind of a festival being held in the city; an all-day affair. Given his fond memories of festivals his parents took him to when he was younger, he thought he'd try and relive the experience, maybe walk around some of the stalls they would have set up too. Of course, most stalls were littered with overpriced Poké plushes and merchandise; hats, t-shirts, hell, they had a Machomp bottle opener of all things. It seemed everyone and their grandmothers heard of the festival since herds of people had shown up to watch and participate in events. After about an hour or so of meandering around the market, Ezra opted to escape from the crowds to grab some air.

As he wandered by with Dino still swinging from his bag, he noticed a crowd gathered around the entrance of a building, yelling about a 'Lisia'. Ezra paused as his gaze wandered over the crowd, wondering just what was the big deal. His eyes landed on the familiar ribbon of Mare's, and not really knowing what was good for him, wandered over beside her.

"What's the commotion about?" Ezra asked, looking to her with his brows raised. Though, he couldn't help but notice an unpleasant reaction lingering on Mare's face. Whatever it was, she didn't seem so enthusastic about it like everyone else was.

When morning came around Whimsy headed down to the lobby of the hotel, still in pajamas, with Jay to get some breakfast. On their way back up Whimsy heard that Wattson had left a note for the group explaining that what he had to say would be postponed until the next day; and that today would be one of relaxation. The idea of being able to actually explore a city without a big commotion. It was good news for Whimsy because she didn't want to be cooped up for an extended period of time anyways. At least she'd get to stretch her legs today before meeting with Wattson tomorrow.

Making it back up to the girls room Whimsy snagged her clothes and quickly sped out of the room again. Heading down the hall she managed to find the laundry room and bee-lined straight for it. Tossing her clothes in an empty washing machine then following the directions on the wall, since some guests don't really know what they're doing, as to know how everything was suppose to go. Once the correct amount of detergent was added Whimsy shut the lid to the machine, set the cycle and hit the start button.

It took a little over an hour for the entire clothes washing and drying process to finish, but once it was over Whimsy was beaming. Her clothes were fresh and stainless! "I did it!" This was the first time the somewhat sheltered teen had done something on her own that usally someone else did for her. So it was hard for the girl to hide all her pride. Picking her clothes up out of the dryer the pajama clad teen happily skipped back to her room. Once she made it inside, and the door closed, Whimsy locked herself in the bathroom to get ready for the day. "Hair brushed, teeth brushed, clothes on.. Do I smell alright," looking at herself in the mirror with a raised brow, but her expression quickly changed to a grin, "Yeah I do! Showered and got perfume on!" Feeling satisfied with herself Whimsy unlocked the bathroom door and walked out. "Are you finally ready?" Turning her attention to Jay the girl's blue eyes widened in surprise at seeing an unfamiliar figure standing in the hotel room. But it didn't take her long to figure out who it was, snickering she asked, "New look?" Jay shrugged his shoulders as he let out a snort, "Yeah well after yesterday I can't use that one anymore in case someone from the incident recognizes me," greenish eyes a bit narrowed as he folded his arms and pouted. Whimsy couldn't but to keep snickering, "Don't worry," she reassured, "I like it."

The two of them walked out of the hotel, but by this time the others had gone off to do things on their own. It bummed the blonde girl out a bit because she was hoping to spend some time with them a bit more. But it couldn't be helped, they all do have their own separate lives and interests. As they walked out around the city Whimsy noticed a huge crowd gathered around the outside of a building. They were all shouting excitements over someone who she couldn't really see.
Though whatever it was didn't seem too interesting to the musician and her partner as they continued on their trek. During their walk Whimsy managed to hear from a couple of locals that there was a festival going on, and that there was also a beach. Despite not having the proper attire to go swimming Whimsy still liked the idea of just going and hanging out by the water. Plus she had never been to the beach before so something new was exciting.

Upon arriving at the beach Whimsy kicked off her shoes and socks, then ran straight for the ocean.
"Whimsy! Slow the heck down!" Jay shouted as he chased after his trainer. Catching up to her at the shore line Whimsy couldn't help but to laugh and blush nervously, "I'm sorry! But I've never been to a beach, and the water feel so nice on my feet!" The "boy" sighed as his illusion lost its shoes and socks to stand ankle deep in the water with her. "No swimming and no taking off you bandage. The salty air won't help it," he told her sternly. With a nod of her head the teen stood there, shoes in hand as the sea lapped at her feet. "Now this is relaxing."

bcf5920b7466931fe446daa42e87dc69--cool-anime-guys-sexy-anime-guy.jpg

Mentions: BackSet BackSet Arcanist Arcanist BoltBeam BoltBeam

Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2011
Time: 9: 23 AM
Music Box: Encounter!A New Chapter Begins 🎵

latest

Mare jumped when Ezra spoke. She had been too busy ruminating in her own negative thoughts to notice his approach. Still irritated and in the presence of someone who knew Kantonese, Mare decided to forgo Hoennian.

<I'm not completely sure about what but I'll tell you who. Region-wide Contest Star Lisia aka the most annoying person I've ever had the displeasure to meet.> Mare grit her teeth. <People go crazy for her. Girls want to be here, guys want to be with her. That kind of stuff. And last time she came to Slateport she->

The crowd quieted, causing Mare to cut off her rant. A voice rang out.

"Hello Slateport City!" Ugh. Mare knew that voice. Slowly, Lisia, clad in her contest costume (was she ever not?), rose above the crowd on her Altaria. "It's so lovely to see you all!💖" Blech. There she went again with the verbalizing of sparkles. How does she do that! "Do you all know what day it is?"

As if they were one hivemind, the crowd shouted, "Contest day!!!"

"That's right! ✨" Lisia said, striking a pose. "And this is a very special contest day!✨💖 One of you will get to participate!"

As one the crowd gasped and began whispering among themselves. Lisia appeared to be scanning the crowd. Then she herself gasped.

"Is that who I think it is!?" She shouted. Was she looking at... Mare. Crap. She was. No doubt she had spotted her the same way Ezra had. By her ribbon. She had her Altaria fly down towards Mare and drop her off. "Mare! You're here!" Did she just say her name in a different color? "And you have a friend with you! 💞"

"Hey! Leave him out of this!" Mare shouted.

"You should participate in the contest!" Lisia said, striking a pose. "After all, you didn't get to do it last time."

<Absolutely not.> Mare said, slipping back into Kantonese.

"Is that a yes?" Lisia asked.

<No! It is not a yes!" Mare shouted.

"Oh my Arceus you said yes!:bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesr:" Lisia turned to the crowd. "She said yes everybody! Come on! Let's go get ready!"

She grabbed Mare by the arm and began dragging her towards the Contest Hall, away from both Ezra and her pokemon. Mare protesting every step of the way.

<Let go of me! For the love of Arceus I swear I'll get back at you! Let me the hell go! Help! I'm being kidnapped!>

Interacting with: Ezra ( Arcanist Arcanist )

Last edited:
Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Slateport City - Contest Hall (Ext.) | Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ) | Mentions: N/A |

Ezra cocked his head as he listened to Mare explain in Kantonese about who was probably at the centre of all of this attention. It took him a moment, what with being so used to speaking Hoennian and listening to it, but he fell into hearing Kantonese again rather naturally. "Huh..." He rubbed his chin, until Dino dropped from his bag and demanded with an assortment of "Gib!" noises to be lifted up again. Ezra sighed, picking up the Giblet who thrashed excitedly in his hands. He was about to answer Mare and her clear irritation with this Lisia girl, until he could hear some high pitched voice up above them.

Ezra watched as a young woman practically sailed above the crowd on an Altaria. Even the Giblet had paused to watch the spectacle above them. Ezra cringed. He could understand what Mare meant. Contests and their assorted celebrities had little effect on Ezra. They could have walked up to him on the street and he wouldn't have known who they were...then again, he spent his time with Pokémon, not humans. Nor did he dabble in most conventional things humans actually enjoyed.

In that time, Lisia had spotted Mare and him, apparently, and just had to come down to see her. He watched the exchange, baffled with what was happening in front of his eyes. By the time he was coming to concerns with it, and the mixture of Hoennian and Kantonese being thrown this direction and that, Mare was being dragged away to compete in the...contest? Though, Mare seemed to protest as she was being dragged away, and Ezra could only stand and stare, with Dino doing the same.

"...what just happened?" Ezra glanced down at the Giblet, who started wriggling and waving his arms in the direction of Mare.

"Giblet, giblet!" He cried, seeming eager to follow.

Ezra sighed. "Guess it'd be a good idea to try and help her." He resolved, and awkwardly holding out Dino in front of him so he wouldn't start nibbling on his sweater, tried to advance through the crowds closing in on the hall. "E-excuse me! C-coming through! Avoid the gnashing Giblet! I think he's still teething..." He mumbled more to himself. It would explain his fixation of wanting to chew on everything. Regardless, getting through the crowd proved some difficulty. Did people really love celebrities this much?

Time: 9:24 AM
Music Box:
Encounter!A New Chapter Begins🎵
latest
Lisia was deceptively strong. No matter how hard she tried, Mare (who was relatively strong herself) could not break free of her iron grip. She had no choice but to let herself be dragged all the way to the Contest Hall's dressing room where Lisia finally let go of her. Mare rubbed her arm.

"This is so exciting!" Lisia shouted. Did she ever lower her voice? "I can't wait to see you compete! I'm sure you'll do great!❤️"

Mare opened her mouth to protest but Lisia interrupted her before she could even say anything.

"Wait! I feel something!" Lisia gasped. "A new chapter of your life is beginning! I call it, A New Competition! Friends and Rivals!✨" She struck a pose.

Mare was pretty sure a new chapter of her life had begun when she almost dyed in a terrorist attack. "Woah, woah! Hold on!" She shouted. "First of all, I never said yes! Learn to speak Kantonese! Second of all, I don't have a rival!"

"Oh? Don't worry! You'll have one soon enough! I'm sure whoever gets second place will become your rival!"

Mare stared at her. "You seriously think I'm gonna get first place? Why?"

"Because I scouted you, of course!🌟" Lisia shouted. She struck another pose.

"Any chance I can back out?" Mare asked.

"Nope!🎶" Lisia said with the most aggravating smile. "Now let's get your costume on!" She reached for Mare's bag and Mare yanked it away.

"Not happening!" Mare said. "I'll put my costume on myself, thank you very much."

Interacting With: Lisia ( BackSet BackSet )

Gracia Monuta|Natural Problems

Gracia would find herself waking up a biit later than the others had got up and left, groaning and scrambling for anything in arm's reach. Hardly anything. Dust and morning goodies. Fun. Gracia wiped her eyes and began to sort herself out - getting out of bed, clothed (all of which is fresh and ready to be used), etc., but then she felt this awful sensation rolling up her chest, then to her throat, and finally takes root at her nose with a sneeze. Gracia covered her mouth as to muffle the sneeze - though it was barely audible still - Gracia groaning while she yet covered her mouth. "You have 'got' to be kidding me..." She complained while muffling herself, sneezing once more and making her way to out of the hotel gradually - or at least that was the plan. Before she dared to step outdoors, her Hydreigon erupted from it's Pokeball before her, warning her to not go out there like it is trying to say 'Do not go, your condition will worsen to more than what it currently is'.

Gracia didn't even notice her usually beloved Hydreigon, just walking straaaight past it. The Hydreigon let out three separate and irritated grunts before flying after Gracia and throwing her onto its back before flying up with her, Gracia holding on tightly. "Whoa! Hey! Let me down!" She commanded, sounding annoyed. The Hydreigon shook its head and remained airborne above the outside of the hotel - ignoring Gracia's words, to which she didn't seem too happy about and pretty much flailed around on her beloved beast (to which at this point does not care). Two heads turned around and seemed to try to converse with her. 'You wanted to go outside? I granted your wish. Either get this or go back inside and to sleep.' Needless to say, the Hydreigon wasn't too happy either, Gracia just flailing around angrily on the flying dragon's back, having caught a grave cold and just wanting to spend her life how she wants. If this flying dragon scares the public by just the fact it was flying around, guess who you can blame? The owner of it!

Gracia eventually gave up and decided to stay outside with her Hydreigon, having worn herself out of her tantrum and just resting drowsily and poorly on it's back. "Eugh... That's a great thing to wake up to for my first day in Hoenn in so long..." She complained as her dragon was presently and slowly flying over towards Slateport City at the moment, over the route that separates it from Mauville at a slow pace (but a noticeable one), and shaking all three of its heads in disappointment. It was 'not' happy with this surprising start to the day.

Interactions: None (apart from self), open
Pokemon status: Hydra (Hydreigon) is out of its Poke Ball and carrying Gracia on its back
Gracia status: Has a cold, tired

"Well that was fun!" A grin on the girl's face as she and Jay wandered back onto the paved sidewalk of Slateport, stopping so Whimsy could put her shoes on. Once they were snug on her feet Whimsy looked up at Jay. "What are we going to do now," he questioned with a raised brow unsure of what his trainer wanted to do. But instead of giving an actual answer the blue eyed teen shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know to be honest.. I'd like to go to the festival, but it won't be nearly as fun as if the others were with us," a small pout on her face as she wondered where they all had gone. Though Jay's sigh broke her out of her thought, "Then let's just go wander around the city for a bit and then we'll just go chill out in the hotel lobby and wait for them all to come back." His idea wasn't a bad one, plus it would prolong the anxious Whimsy from being cooped up in the hotel all day long. So with a nod of her head Whimsy and Jay headed back into the city.

After what felt like an hour and a half, full of humming and singing tunes, the duo were near Route 110. Whimsy's humming had stopped as she looked out at the route and recalling the events of the day prior.
I wonder how the citizens and mister Wattson are doing, she asked herself. Jay looked over at his trainer and noticed the expression on her face. So placing a hand on her shoulder, which caused her to look up, he gave her a reassuring smile, "We did our best. I'm sure a lot of those people were able to get out with your idea for using the two of us as bait!" Whimsy chuckled as she elbowed him gently in his ribs. Appreciating his efforts to cheer her up. As they started walking again an idea crept to mind, the idea of catching a new Pokémon. It seemed like a really good idea since there was a chance that they'd run into Team Aqua or Team Magma again on their journeys. But before she could express that desire to Jay he stopped her from walking any further.

"What's up? Why are we stopping?" Confusion riddle on her face as she looked up at Jay. The "boy" pointed up towards the sky and mumbled, "Does that Pokémon look familiar to you at all?" Raising a pale brow Whimsy looked over in the direction of the sky that Jay was pointing at, then her eye got wide. Up in the sky flying towards the was Hydregion, and not just anyone's Hydregion. It was Gracia's. Sure enough Gracia was riding on the dragon's back, but she didn't look too well. "Gracia!?" Whimsy called out as she and Jay ran over to meet them half way in their tracks. When they were a couple of feet from the two of them they slowed their pace down to a walk, Jay stopping in front of Hydregion, Whimsy walked around to the dragon's side to look up at the young girl. "She doesn't looked too good," Whimsy commented worriedly to Jay, who in turn looked at the Hydregion when he spoke, "Is she sick? Would you like us to help out?" He had a feeling that there might not be much that they could do to help, but it didn't hurt to lend a hand.

Interaction: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta|Sick And Tired

"Gracia!?" Whimsy called out as she and Jay ran over to meet them half way in their tracks. When they were a couple of feet from the two of them they slowed their pace down to a walk, Jay stopping in front of Hydregion, Whimsy walked around to the dragon's side to look up at the young girl. "She doesn't looked too good," Whimsy commented worriedly to Jay, who in turn looked at the Hydregion when he spoke, "Is she sick? Would you like us to help out?" He had a feeling that there might not be much that they could do to help, but it didn't hurt to lend a hand.
The Hydreigon landed before Jay and Whimsy, beginning to communicate to the Zoroark. To Whimsy, it sounded like Hydreigon talk, but to Jay, it sounded like the following words. "I tried to warn her, but she insisted on going out despite the fact her condition would worsen... And now look at her. She woke up with it just this morning, though how she got it and 'why' she wants to go out I don't know." He stated to the Zoroark. Gracia groaned and rolled over, looking over the Hydreigon's back and seeing Whimsy. She managed to wave. "Hi..." She said in a poorly tone - sounding just as bad as she looked. The Hydreigon groaned at Gracia before going back to communicating with Jay. "Help would be appreciated, very much so. My only question is 'how'?" It asked, all three heads looking to each other in confusion while Gracia practically seemed to nap on the dragon's back. "I woke up and you all weren't there... And now I'm saddled with this... Great start to the morning...!" She quipped, sneezing yet thankfully muffling it out.

Interactions: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50
Pokemon status: Hydra (Hydreigon) is out of its Poke Ball and carrying Gracia on its back

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Slateport City - Contest Hall (Ext. to Int.) | Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ) | Mentions: N/A |

Ezra had been progressively moving through the crowd, bit-by-bit, though, paused, as he remembered he was left behind with Mare's Pokémon. He glanced behind him, frantically searching for them, worried that he would leave them so far behind and compeltely forget about them - only, well, to see them not so far from him. He breathed a sigh of relief. Still holding out Dino, he motioned with his head for them to follow him as he continued to make his way through the crowd at a snail's pace.

The young man finally managed to get inside, with Dino crying out in victory and flailing his little arms around, and found Mare and Lisia inside, having some sort of conversation. Probably about the contest that Mare was being shoved into, no doubt. He smiled a little and he cleared his throat, looking between the two of them before settling on looking at Mare.

"So, um...I think you need these guys to compete, right?" Ezra chuckled, gesturing to Mare's Pokémon (which he had hoped had followed behind him). Admittedly, he knew very little about contests such as these, but he did know you needed your Pokémon to compete with you. He brought Dino closer to his chest, to which he protested against by wriggling, but Ezra had ignored him in favour of continuing to speak to the up-and-coming coordinator. He thought, at least. Honestly, Ezra wasn't sure if that was her goal in life, but if she had competed in contests before...

"If you're still competing, I'll be in the audience, supporting you all the way," Ezra smiled, readjusting his bag with one hand by pulling the strap more over on his shoulder. "I'll not keep you back...so, uh...good luck!" His smile didn't falter, before he gave a wave - with Dino imitating him in a more erratic manner - and went to find some way to get in the audience and wait for the contest to start. It'd be a new experience for him, at least?

Jay listened to Hydregion carefully as he spoke, nodding along and mumbling, "She's sick," to his trainer while shooting her a glance from the corner of his eye. As the duel dark and dragon type Pokémon went on to ask how they'd be able to help the red head smirked. "We'll all go back to the hotel together, Whimsy can watch over her while I make a quick run to a drug store to get some medicine and anything else." It was probably best that Jay were the one to go out and get the medicine since he wasn't too good at making anyone happy aside from his trainer. Plus he was the faster of out of the two.

While Jay spoke with Hydregion, Whimsy frowned at Gracia's words, and Jay's translation. "I'm so sorry for leaving, Gracia. If I had known that you weren't feeling well I would've stayed with you in the room," her voice softened with her apology. But the teen smiled softly at the ailing girl, "I'm here now at least. Let's get back to the hotel so you can rest and break any fever you might have." Whimsy turned her head a bit to look at Jay as he told Hydregion that he'd go get the medicine while they head back to the hotel, "Jay is pretty quick. I'm sure he'll make it back to the hotel just as we get in our room," she told both Gracia and Hydregion while grabbing her wallet out of her pocket and handing it off to Jay, "Plus we did walk around the entire city, almost, so he is bound to have noticed at least one store!" Jay shrugged his shoulders a bit, "I try." Holding the wallet tight in one hand the "boy" took a few steps back, then gave the three of them a wave, "I'll see you guys back at the hotel," he told them. Turning his back towards them Jay started making his way back into Slateport.

Whimsy smiled as she waved good-bye to Jay, calling out,
"See ya later!" With Jay now gone Whimsy looked at Gracia, still smiling, as she stood beside Hydregion, "Don't worry, you'll feel better by tomorrow," smile turning into a grin, "I promise!" Tilting her head to the side a bit Whimsy's blue eyes landed on the profile of Hydregion's main head, "Why don't we all head back and wait for Jay in the room? I'm sure you'll be a bit more relaxed once she's back in bed."

Interaction: @BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta|Healing What Ails One

"We'll all go back to the hotel together, Whimsy can watch over her while I make a quick run to a drug store to get some medicine and anything else."
The Hydreigon nodded all three heads in agreement, not feeling the need to comment on that, but that is very much a good idea. Not to mention the most natural and simple thing to do in a situation like this to begin with.
While Jay spoke with Hydregion, Whimsy frowned at Gracia's words, and Jay's translation. "I'm so sorry for leaving, Gracia. If I had known that you weren't feeling well I would've stayed with you in the room," her voice softened with her apology. But the teen smiled softly at the ailing girl, "I'm here now at least. Let's get back to the hotel so you can rest and break any fever you might have." Whimsy turned her head a bit to look at Jay as he told Hydregion that he'd go get the medicine while they head back to the hotel, "Jay is pretty quick. I'm sure he'll make it back to the hotel just as we get in our room," she told both Gracia and Hydregion while grabbing her wallet out of her pocket and handing it off to Jay, "Plus we did walk around the entire city, almost, so he is bound to have noticed at least one store!"
Gracia chuckled a bit through her cold, sniffing a bit. "Heh, well, at least he will probably find it if you've been everywhere..." She commented simply, frowning. "I honestly didn't feel too bad before this, how this all came about is anyone's guess... Maybe it's just a long delay after the travel to here... Eugh..." Gracia pouted, seeming fairly clueless as to 'why' she had caught the cold to begin with. The Hydreigon nodded to Whimsy's suggestion and seemed pretty darn on board with this, all three heads nodding in agreement once more.
"Don't worry, you'll feel better by tomorrow," smile turning into a grin, "I promise!" Tilting her head to the side a bit Whimsy's blue eyes landed on the profile of Hydregion's main head, "Why don't we all head back and wait for Jay in the room? I'm sure you'll be a bit more relaxed once she's back in bed."
Gracia nodded and smiled, hoping she darn well 'does' recover from this mess by tomorrow morning and seeming to like Whimsy's suggestion. "Yeah, let's-" Gracia was cut off by a sneeze. "Yeah, let's do that... Sorry..." She giggled a bit. The Hydreigon sighed and shook all three heads in disappointment, though it couldn't be helped. The Hydreigon would begin to get moving towards the hotel, though made sure it was at a pace that was both moderately quick, yet Whimsy could still keep up with, all the while having Gracia on its back.

Time: 9:25 AM
Music Box: Encounter!Pokemon Researcher Ezra

latest

Mare went behind the folding screen and reached into her bag for her costume and saw something that made her smile internally. This might be her out. In her bag were four empty pokeballs. She had left her Pokemon behind. While she was a little worried about them she was sure they could take care of themselves.

Mare poked her hesd out from behind the screen. "Oh no, Lisia. There seems to be a problem!" She shouted, rather convincingly if she did say so herself. "My Pokemon seem to be missing! Guess I can't preform. Darn."

"Oh no!" Lisia shouted, "That is a problem!💔 Don't worry! I'll help you look for them!"

"No, that's fine." Mare said, holding her hands out in front of her, palms facing forward. "I can-"

Before Mare could finish her sentence the door slammed open and in came a certain red haired Pokemon researcher. And he had her Pokemon with him. Of all possible times for him to show up it had to be now.

"Hey! There they are! Those are your Pokemon right! 💖" Lisia shouted, overjoyed.

Mare, meanwhile, could only stutter.

<Ezra! What the->

But once again, Mare couldn't finish her sentence as Ezra was gone in a flash after saying a bunch of stuff that Mare didn't catch.

<Wait! What- augh>

Ezra was almost definitely out of hearing range. Mare growled. This was the worst.

"You have such a nice friend! ✨" Lisia said.

Mare grit her teeth. "Yeah... real nice." She ducked back behind the folding screen and looked down at her Pokemon with a sigh and whispered to them. "This is the worst possible time!"

"Is that really how you're gonna greet us?" Fiji said, his arms crossed. "No, "are you okay?" No "sorry for leaving you guys behind like that?"

"Look, I'm sorry." Mare said. "But I didn't exactly have much of a choice. That girl is strong."

As if on cue, "that girl" poked her head around the screen, startling Mare. "Ooh! Are you talking to your pokemon! That's so adorable!💗"

"What the <hell!> Mare shouted. "I could have been naked!"

"Thank Arceus for all of us that you weren't." Fiji muttered. Mare gave him a small kick. Not hard enough to seriously hurt him, but hard enough to get the message across that he should shut up.

"But you aren't!✨" Lisia said. "Now come on, you've gotta change! The contest is going to start in half an hour!"

Annoyed with: Lisia ( BackSet BackSet ), Ezra ( Arcanist Arcanist )

Whimsy chuckled softly as she walked beside Hydregion while Gracia apologized for her sneezes, along with questioning her sudden illness. "Sometimes when we go to new places that usually happens. But I think after yesterday your body still might be too tired to fight of all the germs and stuff," she told the younger girl, keeping her voice to a lower decibel just in case Gracia had a headache. Whimsy had learned from experience that loud noises made her headaches worse, especially when sick.

As the trio meandered back into Slateport, Whimsy hummed softly to the tune of Jet City Woman before she looked towards Hydregion. From what Jay translated for her earlier the teen had an inkling that Gracia's partner was similar in personality to her own partner Pokémon. But Jay was a lot more stern when it came to keeping her out of trouble and mischievous in nature, plus he could actually talk back in the form of an illusion. It took Whimsy a moment before she realized that she had been staring at Hydregion for quite a bit by this point.
"Sorry," she chuckled nervously, "I was just thinking about how you and Jay are pretty similar." Rubbing the back of her neck Whimsy turned her gaze away from the dragon type. Instead she kept her gaze in front of her as they walked through Slateport, glancing around at the different buildings.

Glancing back at Gracia to check on her the teen smiled softly,
"Hey, Gracia? If you feel better tonight I'll take you to the festival that's going on near the beach." Smiling at the girl Whimsy pointed her finger at Gracia, "But only if you're feeling better, and if Hydregion lets you," letting her hand fall back to her side she added, "I just want you to be able to have a little fun today before we leave tomorrow." Whimsy glanced over at the dragon type next to her, waiting for a sign of approval or disapproval as the three of them got to the front of the hotel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MEANWHILE

"Finally, I found it," Jay mumbled as he looked up at the sign of the drug store. Tilting his head back down the red head pushed the door open, then made his way in. Once inside the shop Jay glanced around trying to figure out where exactly the medicine was that he needed. Green eyes settled upon the clerk at the register, and he decided it'd be best to ask for a bit of help. "Excuse me?" Hearing the rather loud the voice the clerk flinched before his eyes landed on Jay, who was still standing by the door, "Y-yes!?" "Can you point me to the cold medicine, those cold gel sheets you stick on your forehead and hygiene masks," the "boy" asked rather gruffly. The clerk was quick to point out the isles he'd be able to find what he's looking for.

It took about 10 minutes to get everything he was needing before he ever got to the front register. Once all the items got purchased Jay slipped Whimsy's wallet into the back, then headed out of the store.
"Alright, now to get back to the hotel." Clutching the bag in his left hand the disguised Zoroark started making his way back towards the Wingull Hotel, all while mumbling, "I hope Gracia doesn't hate these masks.... The designs should help keep her mind off being sick, and not spread germs..."

Gracia Monuta|Ill Conditions Proceed

"Sometimes when we go to new places that usually happens. But I think after yesterday your body still might be too tired to fight of all the germs and stuff,"
Gracia nodded in understanding and sighed. "Yeah... I guess that makes sense." She said. What a lovely turn of events that was! The day before had made her oh so vulnerable for one's common cold due to exhaustion...
From what Jay translated for her earlier the teen had an inkling that Gracia's partner was similar in personality to her own partner Pokémon. But Jay was a lot more stern when it came to keeping her out of trouble and mischievous in nature, plus he could actually talk back in the form of an illusion. It took Whimsy a moment before she realized that she had been staring at Hydregion for quite a bit by this point. "Sorry," she chuckled nervously, "I was just thinking about how you and Jay are pretty similar."
The Hydreigon sighed and shook all 3 heads in confusion, but rolled with it. Is big dragon thing. Doesn't really care for much. Especially not people it'll probably not remember, but still need to cope with... It's. A damn. Hydreigon. It destroys things on a daily basis, what do you expect.
"Hey, Gracia? If you feel better tonight I'll take you to the festival that's going on near the beach." Smiling at the girl Whimsy pointed her finger at Gracia, "But only if you're feeling better, and if Hydregion lets you," letting her hand fall back to her side she added, "I just want you to be able to have a little fun today before we leave tomorrow."
Gracia heard the offer and piqued up, squeaking eagerly, then realised that her Hydreigon decides, not her, much to her dismay. All three heads seemed to 'talk' to each other before finally giving three roars of agreement. Gracia laughed. "He said yes." She said calmly, patting all 3 heads of her beloved beast one at a time - twice each (to which it seemed to like). Upon arrival to the hotel, Gracia carefully slid off of her Hydreigon which retreated into it's own Pokeball by itself, smiles on each head as it went. Gracia spent a moment holding it close to her before re-attaching it to her Pokeball belt. "Alright... Now we wait..."

Before Whimsy had the chance to say anything else, as Hydregion retreated back to its Poke Ball, she heard the shouts of a person in the distance. "I told you I'd be quick!" A smug grin plastered on Jay's face as he was spotted a good handful of feet from them, bag in hand. When he approached them the "boy" was quick to snatch his trainer's wallet out and hand it back to her before he lead the two of them inside. Whimsy slipped her wallet back into her pocket, but made sure to walk in with Gracia so that she didn't feel left behind. As the group approached the elevator Jay hit the button to go up. It took about two minutes for the elevator to finally arrive to the main floor. Stepping aside he allowed the girls to be first on, walking in just as Whimsy was hitting the button for their floor.

After the doors closed Jay dug in the bag, "Gracia," he said with a small grunt, "I've got the medicine in here for you, along with cold sheets to put on your forehead if you feel hot... but I also got you these so that you don't get anyone else sick," pulling out a pack of hygiene masks and handing them to her. But they weren't the normal boring ones that Nurse Joy and actual doctors wore. These had silly designs on them: one looked a Seel mouth with its tongue sticking out, other had Jynx lips on them that, etc. "I thought these would be better than the other ones they had."

The elevator bell dinged as it stopped and opened the doors, letting them know that they had made it to their floor. Stepping of the elevator Jay took the lead again, leaving Whimsy to walk with Gracia. Snickering softly the blonde teen pointed at the masks in Gracia's hand, "Those are adorable! I think he wanted to try and cheer you up a bit without really showing it. He tends to do that with people he wants to warm up to, but don't let him know that," she whispered to the girl before standing up straight.

When they made it to the room door Whimsy pulled the key card out of her other pocket and put it in the slot. Once the light started blinking green she opened the door and flipped the lights on. However, instead of going in immediately, Whimsy stood off the side and held the door opened for Gracia. Jay walked in only after Gracia had, allowing Whimsy to shut the door.
"Here ya go," Jay said as he placed the bag on the younger girl's bed, "The directions for how much you need to take is on the back. If you need help with anything tell Whimsy. But if you need something that we don't have tell me and I'll go get it."

With that Jay dropped his illusion and wandered over to the pull out couch, laying on the mattress to relax for a bit. Whimsy on the other hand snagged the TV remote from where Ezra had left it the night before. Moving over to Gracia's bed and handing it to her while she sat on the edge of the mattress. "Here, put on whatever you'd like. Though if you wish for a song feel free to make any request," the blonde told Gracia with a playful wink. Doing the best she could to keep the girl in good spirits. But it seemed her promise of the festival was going to be enough of a motivator for the younger girl to do what she needs in order to get better.

Gracia Monuta|Slowly, Surely

"Those are adorable! I think he wanted to try and cheer you up a bit without really showing it. He tends to do that with people he wants to warm up to, but don't let him know that,"
Gracia chuckled a little, sounding nervous - truth be told, she didn't exactly think they were adorable, in fact they were kinda scary to her (especially the Jynx). She heard the rest of the comment and nodded. "Pfft. I'll forget about it before I even tell him, so rest assured that's not gonna see the light of day." She said surely, seeming confident and proud. Truth be told, she could understand the cautions with the mask, but... Ouch?
"Here ya go," Jay said as he placed the bag on the younger girl's bed, "The directions for how much you need to take is on the back. If you need help with anything tell Whimsy. But if you need something that we don't have tell me and I'll go get it."
Gracia would nod in understanding and immediately took a look at the required amount on the back after she dropped herself onto the bed, reading it slowly and surely so she made damn sure she was reading it the way it was intended and before she did anything else.
"Here, put on whatever you'd like. Though if you wish for a song feel free to make any request," the blonde told Gracia with a playful wink. Doing the best she could to keep the girl in good spirits.
Gracia heard and smiled, giving the thumbs up, chuckling a bit and seeming to like the playful attitudes. So far, it was working pretty well! Gracia would keep a Seel mask with her just in case the cold may spread, willing to put it on whenever she feels it could be a biit dangerous. After she finished reading the instructions, she would make damn sure she would do it herself and correctly, independent. That way, if she gets it wrong, she could only blame herself for it, and not others. And when 'that' was done, she sighed and just put the bag aside, rolling over on the bed like 'I'm bored'.

Time: 10:30 AM
Music Box: Encounter!Contest Star Mare

"Come on Mare you've gotta get ready!" Lisia shouted. "The contest starts in 5 minutes! ✨"

"Don't rush me." Mare snapped back. She had done everything in her power to get out of this but she had failed miserably. Now she was going to have to participate in the contest. She had no choice in the matter.

Mare walked out in the contest costume she had bought just a day ago (even though it felt like a week ago) and put her hands on her hips. "Well, how do I look?" Mare asked in an unenthusiastic way.

"Amazing!💖" Lisia shouted, striking a pose. Then she stopped and put her hands into a thinking position. "Hey wait a minute, that's not the costume I gave you.❓"

"Yeah, I got myself a different one." Mare replied.

"But why! The costume I got you was so cute!✨" Lisia shouted. Did she ever say anything quietly?

"Well I didn't think so. So I went and got myself a new one." Mare said.

Lisia continued the almost pensive thinking position. "Hmm... well, I guess that's fine." Lisia said. Instantaneously she jumped into another pose. "The new costume you got is super cool too!💞" She then switched gears. "So, What's your act going to be?"

"My... act?" Mare asked.

"Yeah!" Lisia said. "Your act! Your routine! Your stage show! What you'll do durng the contest!🌟"

Mare rubbed the back of her head. "Er... I don't have one." (Yes! Maybe this is my chance to escape!)

"Oh! Well, no worries! I'm sure you'll improvise something!✨" Lisia shouted.

(Dammit!) Mare thought.

Lisia went back to her thinking position. "Hmmm... you just need a good prop first..." She jumped in the air. "I've got it!" She ran over to a nearby prop box and pulled out a pair of swords in a back sheath and threw them to Mare. She caught them just in time to keep them from clattering to the floor. "Use these in your act." Lisia said. "I'm sure you'll do great!❤"

Last edited:
Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Slateport City - Contest Hall (Int.) | Interaction: - | Mentions: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ) |

Ezra couldn't help but think that Mare was a little peeved off with him for bringing her Pokémon back to her. Though, to be fair, it wasn't entirely his fault. They followed him through the crowd and inside completely of their own accord, so really, Ezra couldn't be held accountable for that happening. He decided not to think much on it as he got inside the place where the main event took place.

Finding a vacant seat, he got himself comfortable, whilst making sure the same could be said for Dino. He had calmed down (surprisingly) since their departure from Mare and Lisia, and was currently snoozing in his arms. Ezra wondered how long it would be before he awakened and sought to cause trouble again, though, he tried not to jinx himself with that. Doing so would probably make that hypothesis a reality.

All the while, he tried to predict just what Mare would come out with. Meaning no offence to her, but she didn't seem like the kind of person to come out and perform with roses and rainbows, at least, not in comparison to that Lisia girl anyway.

Gracia Monuta|Slowly, Surely

Gracia chuckled a little, sounding nervous - truth be told, she didn't exactly think they were adorable, in fact they were kinda scary to her (especially the Jynx). She heard the rest of the comment and nodded. "Pfft. I'll forget about it before I even tell him, so rest assured that's not gonna see the light of day." She said surely, seeming confident and proud. Truth be told, she could understand the cautions with the mask, but... Ouch?

Gracia would nod in understanding and immediately took a look at the required amount on the back after she dropped herself onto the bed, reading it slowly and surely so she made damn sure she was reading it the way it was intended and before she did anything else.

Gracia heard and smiled, giving the thumbs up, chuckling a bit and seeming to like the playful attitudes. So far, it was working pretty well! Gracia would keep a Seel mask with her just in case the cold may spread, willing to put it on whenever she feels it could be a biit dangerous. After she finished reading the instructions, she would make damn sure she would do it herself and correctly, independent. That way, if she gets it wrong, she could only blame herself for it, and not others. And when 'that' was done, she sighed and just put the bag aside, rolling over on the bed like 'I'm bored'.

Whimsy glanced over at Gracia, noticing the girl's bored expression she huffed softly. Picking up the remote she turned the television on, and quickly changed it from the news station to one that was playing a comedy show. "Want to see if we could try finding a movie to watch?" Waving the remote a bit as a smile formed on Whimsy's face. Maybe something like that would entertain the girl; or, maybe even a mini concert would. But Whimsy wasn't going to try pushing for that especially since she didn't know if Gracia would appreciate it. She just wanted to give it her best shot in making her feel better.

Jay on the other hand sat on the mattress of the pull out bed, back propped against the couch. Turquoise eyes now fixated on the show play. Every now and then he let out a type of chuckle because of the jokes that were made between the characters. Glancing out of the corner of his eye he noticed Gracia had taken out one of the masks. That brought him a bit of relief since it meant he hadn't totally screwed up. Though just as his attention was just starting to being fully fixated on the show his stomach growled hungrily.

Feeling hot under his fur, and eyes now a bit wide, Jay put up his illusion again so that he was able to communicate with the girls.
"Hey, uh, do you guys need anything to eat or snack on," he asked while rubbing the back of his next, "I was thinking of running by a shop or something to get something to eat." While he awaited for a response Whimsy couldn't help but giggle to herself. Jay's stomach growl wasn't very quiet. When it growled for a second time Whimsy's giggling got a little louder, covering her mouth to muffle it a bit. "Yeah," she managed to get out through muffled giggles, "I am a bit hungry."

Gracia Monuta|Forms of Entertainment

"Want to see if we could try finding a movie to watch?"
Gracia nodded to that, chuckling and hoping they did indeed find something good. They had found a comedy show, it looked pretty funny; and sounding it too - sometimes causing Gracia to stifle a laugh or a giggle similarly to Jay; it was pretty amusing. How she understood most of or even all of the jokes is anyone's guess (probably most of), but hey. It's working!
"Hey, uh, do you guys need anything to eat or snack on," he asked while rubbing the back of his next, "I was thinking of running by a shop or something to get something to eat." While he awaited for a response Whimsy couldn't help but giggle to herself. Jay's stomach growl wasn't very quiet. When it growled for a second time Whimsy's giggling got a little louder, covering her mouth to muffle it a bit. "Yeah," she managed to get out through muffled giggles, "I am a bit hungry."
"I don't see why not." Gracia said calmly, hardly able to stop herself from giggling/laughing as well. What the heck has this become? Gracia kept the mask on hand juust in case (you know, cold), but tried her best to just enjoy herself with Whimsy and Jay as company.

As Whimsy opened up the channel guide on the TV she heard Gracia's chuckling coming from right beside her. When she turned her head a bit to look at the girl Whimsy couldn't help but to grin happily. Gracia was laughing, and smiling! Feeling a joyful warmth inside the teen turned her attention back on to the television screen. "Let me know if any of the show or movie titles catch your eye so that way I can change the station," she told Gracia before humming to herself while skimming through the list of programs playing. Happily awaiting her request as she rocked a bit to her own humming.

"What do you both want?" Jay's voice piping up as he shifted towards his trainer, hand out as he waited for her wallet. "Hmm?" His voice brought Whimsy out of her thoughts, and stopped her from scrolling through the available channels, but this was only temporary. Digging her wallet out of her pocket the smile on her face turned into a huge grin, blue eyes now sparkling as she asked, "Could you get me one of those ramen cup things!?" This was news to Jay as he raised a brow "Are you sure," he questioned, "I mean I'll get you a sandwich or something a little better." But Whimsy shook her head, "Nope! I really want to try one of them! The packaging makes them look so good," thus making her partner sigh and shake his head a bit. Sure, head get her the ramen cup. But he'd also be sure to snag her a sandwich just in case she either didn't like it, or was still hungry.

Taking the wallet from Whimsy he opened it and took out a sapphire credit card, tossing the wallet back at the girl. Noticing just what Jay had grabbed Whimsy looked at him, expression dropping as she stared at the card rather worriedly.
"Don't worry," he mumbled to his trainer, having seen the look in her eyes, "I've got it." As he went to slip the card in his hair, he realized that might not be the best decision if he were to keep a low profile in the store. So with a groan her snagged the wallet back from Whimsy, put the card in there, and held it tight. Turning his attention over to Gracia he gave a soft type of smile, "What do you want? Anything special," his voice was a bit softer too. Perhaps trying to keep suspicions down as best he could. If Whimsy had to explain the card then her past would be revealed and there was no telling if Gracia, or any of the group, would give away where she is to her parents for reward money.

Gracia Monuta|Taste Sensation

"Let me know if any of the show or movie titles catch your eye so that way I can change the station,"
Gracia nodded and kept looking for something she may be interested in; that'll keep her busy a while. Even if she doesn't find one, at least there's still the chance to try em out anyway!
Taking the wallet from Whimsy he opened it and took out a sapphire credit card, tossing the wallet back at the girl. Noticing just what Jay had grabbed Whimsy looked at him, expression dropping as she stared at the card rather worriedly. "Don't worry," he mumbled to his trainer, having seen the look in her eyes, "I've got it." As he went to slip the card in his hair, he realized that might not be the best decision if he were to keep a low profile in the store. So with a groan her snagged the wallet back from Whimsy, put the card in there, and held it tight. Turning his attention over to Gracia he gave a soft type of smile, "What do you want? Anything special," his voice was a bit softer too. Perhaps trying to keep suspicions down as best he could. If Whimsy had to explain the card then her past would be revealed and there was no telling if Gracia, or any of the group, would give away where she is to her parents for reward money.
Gracia had seen the card, having identified it was a big problem and/or was important, but she didn't see it too well to really find the will to bother. It's none of her business, so she wanted to keep it down. She then heard Jay and took a look at what there was. "Ooh, let's see... this looks pretty good... no, no, that... urgh... fine, this one!" Gracia had settled on a small selection of what seemed to be sushi or something like that. It 'did' look pretty good, though there wasn't much. That was the point.

Jay snickered as he watched Gracia scrabbled to figure out what she wanted from a nearby menu. "You got it kid." After waving to the two girls he left the room and headed down, and out of, the building. Once he made it outside he headed straight to the store. While he was out Whimsy glanced back over at Gracia, "See anything you want to watch yet," she asked as she continued to flip through the guide after Jay had left the room. Sure she was still worried about her parents finding out where she is by the credit card purchase, but she also knew that Jay could handle it. He could either cast his illusion on himself to look different than his new look, or use it to trick the cameras into thinking something else happened at the store. Maybe both! Who knew? Though she knew that Jay would tell her later on once he returned.

Gracia Monuta|Something To See
Jay snickered as he watched Gracia scrabbled to figure out what she wanted from a nearby menu. "You got it kid." After waving to the two girls he left the room and headed down, and out of, the building. Once he made it outside he headed straight to the store. While he was out Whimsy glanced back over at Gracia, "See anything you want to watch yet," she asked as she continued to flip through the guide after Jay had left the room.
Gracia took a look. "Hmm... Oooh, this one!" She pointed to one of them that had caught her eye - it's a comedy, go figure. What's it about? Well it's basically a Pokemon version of one of those usual dysfunctional family shows. As a series (not too sure what to call it though). Gracia chuckled a bit, she can't help it. Laughter is great medicine, after all! She just hopes this is all no problem.

Time: 10:50 AM
Music Box: Battle!Contest Star Mare

There were 4 acts before Mare's and with each one Mare got more and more nervous. She had pretty much given up trying to escape and now she was going to have to go on stage. What was she going to do? If she didn't think of something fast she'd make a complete fool of herself on live TV!

"And now, the final act! Hand selected by Lisia herself! Mare Birch!"

Mare said some swear words in Kantonese that I'm not allowed to write down. She had run out of time. All she had was a cool costume and some prop swords. Maybe she could play charades? Or just run away?

Fiji tugged on her leg. "I think I have an idea." He said. He climbed up to Mare's shoulder and whispered in her ear.

◓◓◓◓◓
Mare stepped out on stage, not at all confidently. She could hear the crowd whispering, probably about how stupid it was that she'd gotten scouted instead of one of them.

(Trust me.) Mare thought. (I'd trade with you in a heartbeat.)

She highly doubted there were any mind readers in the crowd but it still warranted thinking. It didn't matter anyway. She was on stage already and there was no way off other than preforming. Not unless she wanted to make a big scene. Stupid social obligations.

With a small, undetectable sigh, Mare released Fiji from his Pokeball and drew her swords.

"Alright! Let's do this!" She shouted.

"You got it boss!" Fiji shouted, though it was just normal Pokemon speka to everyone in the audiance.

Fiji fired off three energy ball. Mare cleaved the right one in two with her right sword, dodged the left one and used both swords to cleave the center one into fourths. That got a small cheer from the crowd. Fiji then proceeded to fire off several more energy balls that Mare spin attacked. The crowd was really cheering now. Next up Mare chopped up a bunch of bullet seeds and Fiji caught them in a bowl, offering them to someone in the front row for a snack.

Mare took a bow and then swiftly got the hell off the stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back