• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best: Hoenn [CLOSED]

T
Created at
Index progress
Complete

A roleplay set in the World of Pokemon and full of adventure.

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Many Centuries Ago...

Thunder crackled as the legendary Pokemon clashed in battle. The markings on their bodies glowed brightly and each blow caused massive tidal waves. If they didn't stop soon the world would be destroyed by endless volcanoes and tsunamis. It would take a miracle to stop them.

Lucky for the world, a miracle came. Stepping off his lapras and onto one of the few pieces of land left around the fighting behemoths, a man (who would later become the ancestor to one Sir Aaron) stood tall, confident that he could stop the fighting. The man held up two orbs, one red and one blue, and called out to the heavens.

"Rayquaza hear me! I have in my possesion the orbs you asked for! Please, come down and stop this ancient feud!"

For a moment, othing happened. The legendary pokemon continued to clash. But then, the clouds parted a bit and a ray of sunlight shined through a whole as a green blur shot out from above. As the blur sped towards the battle it became encased in a glowing light... and mega Rayquaza floated, ready to end the fight.

Rayquaza opened it's mouth and fired a beam of light that split, hitting each Pokemon. As the beams lf light hit, the markings on Groundon and Kyogre began to fade. Two wispy tendrils, one from each Pokemon, began to flow into the orbs. The red tendril flew into the red orb and the blue tendril flew into the blue orb. Once the tendrils were completely absorbed and the lights of ghe Pokemon grew dim, the Pokemon, including Rayquaza dissapeared in a ray of light.

The clouds cleared... and all was at peace.

Modern Day

Mare Birch
Mauville City Food Court

Mare walked into the Mauville City food court ready for a good lunch. It had taken ages to get to this city from Slateport and she was tired. When was the kast time she slept? She had no idea.

Regardless, Mare soldiered on, the thought of food blocking any other thoughts. Mare ordered a Village Sub Combo for herself and a Mauville Ramen Bowl for her Pokemon to share. She quickly grabbed a seat and released all of her Pokemon.

"Lunch time, guys."

"Oh thank Arceus!" Fiji shouted. "I'm starving! What've you got?"

"Well, I ordered a Village Sub Combo for myself and a huge Ramen Biwl for you guys to share." Mare said, eager to dig into her food.

"Hmph." Hmphed Queen. "I need no food. I am a warrior." Just then, Queen's stomach grumbled. Queen developed an annoyed look.

Fiji giggled. "Betrayed by your own stomach. How embarrassing that must be."

"Fine, maybe a little food then."

Mare placed the bowl on the floor and her Pokemon immediately began to ravenously shovel food into their mouths. Mare herself was about to take a bite of her sub when some random guy came up to her.

"I want that seat! I challenge you to a Pokemon battle for it!" The guy shouted.

"Go away." Mare said.

"No way!" The guy shouted.

"It's pointless. By the time the battle's over the seta'll be taken by someone else anyway. Now go away."

The guy looked dejected. "Fine." He said, and slumled off.

[open for interaction.

Ezra.jpgEzra Yew

Located: Outside Mauville City | Interaction: OPEN | ♫ : A 'Funny' Moment... |

"Ugh...great. There's a hole in my wallet and a couple of hours off the field..."

The Noctowl perching near the water's edge outside the Bike Shop peered at him, cocking her head at him with narrowed lids. Ezra sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, a hole in our wallet," he corrected himself, sighing as he folded his arms, tucking his hands under his armpits. That bike was everything to Ezra, to put it dramatically. Well, apart from his precious Pokémon and research, of course. But the bike took him everywhere, got him faster to places without him having to use up all his energy for such a menial task as walking. He wished to devote most of it to his work, after all, and his bike allowed him to do that.

Embarrassingly, Ezra tried to cycle with a punctured tyre through the grasses of Mauville City, but Hoots wasn't for watching the pitiful event go on any longer. Ezra's cheeks were as flaming red as his hair when he felt Hoots's talons grasp onto his sweater, hoisting him into the air, and dropping him off at the entrance of the conveniently placed Bike Shop outside the City. The next thing he knew, Hoots had dropped Ezra's bike beside him, prompting the highest screech Ezra had managed to let out of him.

Now, here they were, sitting outside the same shop, staring at Wingulls propelling across the water, their wings barely skimming it, and Goldeens launching as high as the Flying Pokémon before they disappeared under the deep, blue surface. Not even reciting or thinking about possible research on them would put Ezra out of the sour mood he had found himself moping in. "Guess we're stuck here for a bit until the bike gets fixed," he mumbled, staring down at the pouted lips of a fiery-haired self. He could hear Hoots chirping beside him, nudging him with her wing. When Ezra glanced around, Hoots had some apologetic look in her eyes. She chirped again.

"It's really my fault for not looking where I was going," Ezra admitted with a sigh, taking off his glasses and rubbing at them with his sleeve. "Maybe if I was paying more attention, I wouldn't have hit that rock." He slid his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose. He watched Hoots nod at his answer, approving of it, and he felt a hearty laugh escape from his chest. "Why do you always make me admit to my faults first?" He reached up and scratched Hoots's head, the bird Pokémon nudging her head further down into his hand. "And anyway, we don't have time to be worrying about the bike. We can just go over the latest results of our recent findings of East and West Sea Shellos!"

Hoots rolled her eyes - though, maybe her eyes were doing it themselves; Ezra always managed to find the right spot to scratch.

Whimsy smiled as she departed the plane that had flown in on. It was a rather small, almost undetectable airport between Slateport and Mauville City. But it seemed to be the only one since there were no major airports in the whole region, just the port located in the city south of her location. After she thanked the pilot Whimsy picked up her small duffle bag and guitar case before leaving. Now she was on route 110. The girl smiled as she smelt the slight tinge of salt water in the air, "It's lovely," Whimsy sighed rather happily.

Looking down at the three Poke Balls sitting in their holders on her belt, Whimsy plucked the first one off. Clicking the button caused it to grow to normal size. Then with a smile she tossed it up in the air. The Poke Ball burst open, and in a bright white light appeared in front of the girl. As it started to fade a familiar Pokémon stood in front of her, Jay.
"Are you happy to be out?" The Zoroark nodded his head, then in a bright flash of light the Pokémon changed his form. Using his illusionary powers to make himself appear as a young man about his trainer's age, "Yes. You know how much I hate being cooped up in that thing. Especially with how things are going to change now," he grubbed softly, "I have a feeling your parents are going to hunt us down." Whimsy gave a small smile as she stared at Jay, "Probably... But we'll just have to keep moving so that they can't find us so easily," then a grin spread across her face, "Beside, I have you! I also have Ghost and Sparks so we should be able to get out of any trouble we might come across. More importantly your illusions are top notch!" The boy, Pokémon, blush a bit at his trainer's praise and smiled a bit. Taking Jay's hand, Whimsy smiled and pointed north, "Come on! I believe there's a city not too far from here if I remember the pilot's directions correctly!" Without saying another word she started walking while tugging Jay along a bit.

After around half an hour of walking Whimsy gasped,
"Is this Mauville City!?" Taken aback by the large building that appeared to almost be like a giant shopping mall. Jay moved away from his trainer to read a small sign planted by, what they assumed to be, the front door of the city. Nodding his head Jay looked over at his trainer, "Yeah, this is it alright. But I've never seen such a weird city before." Jay felt a bit on edge, this wasn't Kalos, nor was this a normal city layout. And honestly a bit embarrassed that his trainer's childish reaction was probably witnessed by a boy nearby with his Noctowl. But Whimsy just smiled and went on not noticing them, walking towards the entrance. Stopping to look over and smile at her partner, "Come on Jay. This might prove to be interesting." With that she walked inside, Jay sighing and hurrying after her.

When the two walked in they were equally amazed at what they saw. It was totally different than the rustic towns and cities that she had managed to visit in the year she trained to escape home.
"It's almost like Lumiose… but without the huge tower gym, or the fancy shops... Though, the atmosphere seems lighter." Jay looked over at the girl as she smiled to herself. He knew a small part of her missed her old city, but they both knew this would be a better way of life for her. Whimsy's blue orbs scanned the surrounding area to see if the could spot a directory that would tell her where everything was, especially the exits. Upon spotting it the girl quickly walked over to it, reading all the bullet points. "Jay, are you hungry?" She asked as her gaze turned to the illusion with a smile on her face, "There's a food court just over there," pointing her finger towards the Mauville food court, "There's also a café around here that serves coffee and a daily dose of music." "Actually I am pretty hungry," the Zoroark replied with a small smile, causing Whimsy's smile to turn into a full blown grin, "Then the food court it is!"

Strolling into the food court both Whimsy and Jay sniffed the air. The different aromas that made up the food served there was heavenly. "What do you want Jay," the girl asked as she and the "boy" walked up to see what each stall sold, "I think I want one of those Village Sub Combos. They smell pretty good." Whimsy nodded her head as she grinned, "Alright, I'll get one too! I'll even share it with Ghost and Sparks!" So the girl stood in line with Jay, placing their order when it was their turn. The two waited off to the side for their food to cook. Once it was done they thanked the person behind the counter and started looking for an empty seat. It took the a few minutes to find a small empty table, but the had done it. Though as they sat down to eat, and Whimsy let her Emolga and Espurr out of their Poke Balls, they were quickly approached by two trainers.

"Would you mind moving? We need those seats," one blonde girl said in a somewhat sweet voice, "I'm sorry, but I'm already sitting here. Can't you go find your own?" The blonde girl's expression changed to one of anger, her raven haired friend's expression changed to match. "Look, in this food court you have to battle in order to keep your. So if you both battle us and we win you have to give up you seats." "In other words you eat on the floor!" Whimsy looked at them rather confused, "But that's stupid," she commented, "You'd ruin everyone's lunch and the food would get cold," she then smiled at the girls, "I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline. Me and my friends are getting hungry." Both girls moved to try and remove Whimsy, but Jay jumped to his feet growling. His hair standing on ends now, "Leave. Or I make you leave," his voice a bit hostile as he readied himself to frighten them with an illusion. But his verbal threat seemed to be enough to get them to run. As he sat back down the "boy" became rather calm; then, without a word, started eating his lunch happily. Whimsy smiled as she split her meal into three equal portions before Sparks, Ghost, and herself started eating. All four of them enjoying their meals in good spirit.

tumblr_nvaocteQH21sjvlnko1_500.png

Mentions: Arcanist Arcanist

//Whoops, seems like I'm sorta late! Oh well~!

Gracia Monuta - It's Spending Season!

A seasoned trainer was also wandering around Mauville City - though how it is now, it might as well be called Mallville City. They wandered down the hallways and past the gym, walking down said hall as she minded her own business. As she went on down, she was accompanied by a Pokemon known as a Dusclops, a durable Ghost-type Pokemon, though it seems to have trouble keeping up with it's master. She frequently stopped and waited for it, which was OK, as it gave her time to sink the surroundings into her memory. It had been quite some time since she came to Mauville City, and had hoped to see the sights and burn some excess Pokedollars she has. Only problem, she can't find anything of value in some of these halls, as they were either full, nothing was in them, or it was just... nothing of use in general. What a fun time! She had been in Mauville since her return from Unova.

This girl - the trainer in question - was Gracia Monuta, a short girl for sure, yet she seemed experienced. She seemed to re-adjust her hoodie a bit as it was falling off before she'd stop in around where the closed Game Corner was. It had been closed for quite some time, after the original awakening and passing of the legendary Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza, the trio of legendary Pokemon known as the 'weather trio'. Gracia smiled and watched as her Dusclops finally reached her. She chuckled a bit and smiled.
"Well, this is a bit of a bother, it seems our object of attention is closed and we can't find anything else, Hades..." She said to the Dusclops, which promptly 'collapsed' its body into itself (think of it like falling down, a cloak or something). Gracia sighed to her Pokemon and motioned like 'pull yourself back together', to which the Dusclops did so with both of its hands and looked confused with its one red eye.

Gracia would shortly recall her Dusclops to the Pokeball corresponding to it and eventually wrapped back around, deciding to try and get a bit someplace - the Mauville Food Court. She went on in, found a seat and sat down but before even doing anything...
"I challenge you to a battle for that seat!" One guy said as he just randomly approached her. She groaned. "Yeah, well maybe if you wait until I'm done, you'll have the seat 'after' I'm done, and I won't need to humiliate you." She said, not sounding pleased at all. This guy continued to insist. "I'm not going anywhere!" He barked. Gracia rolled, her eyes. "OK, OK, I'll give you what you want..." She opened a Pokeball on her belt, releasing the beast of a Pokemon known as a Hydreigon, the pseudo-legendary Dragon-type Pokemon from the Unova region. The beast proceeded to stare down the challenger with all 3 of its heads and the guy's confident look shifted into whimpering and fear before he ran off like 'I changed my mind'.

Gracia laughed at this happening.
"Ha ha, that'll never get old. Good boy, Hydra." She said affectionately to her Pokemon, giving each head a poke between the eyes should she reach (to which the beast seemed to like), and then returned it to her Pokeball. So not only does she have somewhere to sit and eat in peace for a while, she humiliated the fool who challenged her to the point of running off, and hopefully it'll stay that way given the fearsome power of what a Hydreigon had once done. Tales of Unova had probably reached Hoenn by now and the raw power of it had made it quite the scary beast by reputation alone, but to be face to face with this power is another story. But Gracia didn't seem scared of it, in fact, quite fond of it. She must be very close to that dragon.

(Open~!)

tumblr_ohkvsd8FZh1viqggso1_500.png
Lucas Cole
was ready to admit it. He was probably way out of his league, going on an adventure of this size... He opened his wallet and cringed as he pulled out 200 pokedollars, inserting it into the vending machine on the roof of Mauville City and getting a fresh water. He came here hoping to possibly earn his first badge, but the Gym here was run by the Electric-Type Gym Leader -- which, having only a water-type Pokemon at his side, wouldn't be very wise to challenge. He pondered his next move as he located and sat down on a bench, his Mudkip which was following at his side hopping up to sit next to him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, Mudkip." He spoke calmly to the Pokemon, patting its smooth back before cracking open the water bottle he just bought, twisting off the lid. "You thirsty?" He asked it. "Mud!" It happily responded. Lucas poured some of the water into its mouth, afterwards taking a drink himself. He sighed afterwards and looked up at the sky, the sun's rays beating down on his skin. He wondered if there were any trainers nearby he could challenge for a quick wallet refill...

Mare Birch
Mauville Coty Food Court
latest
As she finished her sandwich Mare saw a few other trainers be accosted by people. Jeez. What was it with people and wanting to battle for spots. What the hell were they expecting. The fact that they honestly expected a battle was laughable. What was keeping Mare from socking them in the jaw.

The other two trainers dealt with being accosted differently. The first had a very scary, suspiciously Pokemon-like friend. The other used a huge Hydriegon to scare the guy off. Good thing the roof was high.

Wih everyone finished up, Mare decided that she'd talk to one of these trainers. She was bored and the only people she had to talk to since she had left her new home had been her Pokemon (though she should probably call Wally up at some point) and she needed someone new to talk to. She recalled all her Pokemon except Fiji and headed over to the trainer who had a Hydriegon.

"I see you've been accosted to." She said when she arrived at the trainer's table. "What is it with people around here."

Interacting with: BoltBeam BoltBeam
Mentioned in narration: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

As the group ate their lunch in peace Whimsy managed to overhear a commotion going on a couple tables away. There was a younger girl sitting down and what appeared to be an almost grown man standing off to the side. Hearing him yell and demand a battle from her caused the platinum blonde girl to slam her hands on the table and rise to her feet without thinking. Blue orbs narrowed in annoyance. But before she could do anything, the young trainer stood and released her own Pokémon, a Hydreigon. By the looks of it the mere sight of such a dragon was enough to send the man running. "Whimsy." Hearing Jay's voice snapped her out of her minor daze and caused her to look at the "boy". "Sorry. That guy just rubbed me the wrong way," she mumbled while sitting back down in her seat.
Ghost and Sparks looked up at their trainer with frowns on their faces. Looking down at them Whimsy smiled, scooping them both up in her arms,
"I'm sorry you guys. I didn't mean to ruin your lunches," hugging them close. Then an idea came to mind, "How about once we finish eating we go exploring a bit. See if there's anything we need to get, or want to check out, before we head out. Maybe I'll play a little something too. Does that sound fun?" The Espurr purred delightfully while the Emolga cheered. Whimsy turned her gaze towards Jay as she wanted to hear his agreement or opinion on the matter. Sighing he rubbed his eyes, "Alright, alright! We'll go on an adventure," he teased with a rather mischievous smile.

So once they all had finished their food Jay offered to go throw the trash away and put the trays where they needed to go. Allowing Whimsy to grab her bags then get her other two Pokémon situated. Ghost opted to be carried in his trainer's arms, Sparks on the other hand felt like riding on the girl's left shoulder. "Have any room for me to hitch a ride too?" Whimsy snickered as she looked in Jay's direction while he made his way back over. "Oh no, you're too big for that now. Plus I thought you liked walking like a big Pokémon," the girl teased as her partner rolled his eyes and smirked, but shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah, you're right," he chuckled.

Making their way out of the food court Whimsy looked around to see what was around, or what direction to head in. Her blue eyes soon noticed a boy, red hair and glasses, near the edge of the city.
"He's still there?" Jay questioned as he scratched the back of his head with his hand, dark brow raised in confusion. Hearing this Whimsy looked at him, equally confused, "What do you mean still there," she asked, "Was he there when we arrived?" Nodding his head the Zoroark in disguise said, "Yeah. I overheard him mumbling about a hole in their wallet... I guess he shares his money with the Noctowl on his shoulder." Whimsy let out a long "oh" as she looked back towards the red head with a small frown. The girl wished she could help, but not sure what exactly to do. Pulling out her wallet out of her pocket Whimsy opened it and peered inside. There was a lot of cash in there, but only because she stole all the available money she could on the night she fled home. Even a credit card or two. Glancing at Sparks, who was still on her shoulder, Whimsy got an idea. Taking out a couple Poke Dollars she handed them to Sparks while whispering instructions in the Emolga's ear. "Emol!" Without anything else being said Sparks glided over to Ezra, Poke Dollars clenched between her teeth. As she approached the boy the Emolga smiled through her closed mouth. Gliding over his head she released the money to flutter down to him, then quickly changed direction and flew back to her trainer.

Whimsy grinned as Sparks landed on her trainers head, leaning down to look the girl in the eye.
"Thanks Sparks! Now let's get going!" With that the four of them headed deeper into the city. After making it to the middle of the city Whimsy was stunned at seeing the replica Prism Tower. "Wow.." she gasped softly. As the teen stared at the replica that reminded her home, she wasn't quick to notice Sparks move. The Emolga had noticed the gaping square hole above them that lead as a short cut to the second story private apartments and public rooftop. "Emol," head tilted before she got excited and took off. Though Jay was also staring at the replica, he saw something out the corner of his eye. When he saw Sparks flying up toward the rooftop he shouted, "Sparks! Where are you going!?" Jay's shouts caused Whimsy to bring attention to the lack of weight on her shoulder, then look up with her partner, "Sparks! You naughty girl!"

Sparks sat on a rail located on the rooftop, and looked down at her trainer. The Emolga snickered and grinned as she looked down at the girl, "Emol," she called teasingly. "She said come get me," Jay muttered as he interpreted for his trainer. Whimsy sighed softly to herself. Every now and then Sparks like to pull stunts like this, so this wasn't new. "Let's go find get her," she said with a smile. Now looking around for a means to get up to the roof.

Minor interaction: Arcanist Arcanist
Mentions: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Last edited:
Gracia Monuta|Post-Accosted

Gracia chuckled a bit. "Yeah, the heck is with this place? I'm here to eat, not to be turned into an easy battle sandwich!" She remarked, mildly upset about that. She sighed a little and shrugged. "You'd think people would stop doing this kinda stuff indoors as is, but apparently not!" Gracia shortly rose from her seat, trying to relax after eating what she had. Hoenn was a wildly different place before whatever the heck happened to change it. What even happened? "Yuck... Can't even sit down and just chill without someone trying to fight you, can you..."

Interactions: BackSet BackSet
Mentions: None

Mare Birch
Mauville City Food Court

latest
Mare laughed. "I just deck him. People always forget that they have fists." Mare made fake punching motions, making sure to steer clear of anyone who might get caught in her swing. She grabbed a chair frokmthe nearest table and pulled it up to sit down.

"My name's Mare." She said. She pointed to her Treecko. "And this little guy is Fiji."

Fiji waved. "Hiya." He said but to the rest of the world who wasn't Mare it just sounded like "Treee."

Interacting with: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta|Introductions

Gracia smiled, of course unable to understand the Treecko's attempt, seeming calm though. "It's nice to meet you; I'm Gracia!" She bowed as in a joyful greeting nature, re-adjusting a bow in her hair. She smiled solemnly, not seeming bothered at all - if anything, it's a breath of fresh air compared to non stop challengers who always run off as soon as Hydra the Hydreigon pops out of his Pokeball lair. She's still thinking on it and it seems she's chuckling; giggling, maybe.

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Outside Mauville City | Interaction: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: N/A | ♫ : Mauville City Theme |

"...so due to living in the sea, and often living on the east side of the mountain range, that's why the East Sea Shellos differs widely in appearance in comparison to its sister species. Or, brother species. Maybe sibling species is a better word for it..." Ezra mumbled, scribbling out two of the aforementioned words in his leather notebook, and writing a personal note to come back to that later. "Though, I wonder why we saw both West and East Sea Shellos in the same area...what do you think Hoots?" He asked, his nose stuck inside the page as he continued writing. Silence. When he received no answer, he glanced up, only to find Hoots preening her feathers instead of paying attention. Ezra sighed, asking hesitantly, "I went off on a tangent again, didn't I?" Hoots leaned forward, parting her beak as if to get an answer, but Ezra butted in, "It was rhetorical! You don't need to--!"

Ezra cut off as a few strands of paper drift in the air, and in a panic, grabbed them before they could make their way into the waters of Route 110. Inspecting the papers in his hand, he recognised the number sitting in its corner, and the puffed, red spotted cheeks of a Pikachu. Pokédollars? When he glanced up in the direction that they fell from, he blinked at an Emolga, smiling at him. "An...Emolga?" Ezra murmured, with Hoots tilting her head in the same curious fashion as her trainer. He wasn't sure that Emolgas were native to this part of Hoenn. Before he could attempt to study it more, it spread its arms and had flown away from him. Ezra glanced down at the Pokédollars. Did...did an Emolga really just drop some money into his hands?

Ezra turned his body to search for the Emolga once more, finding it landing atop a young woman's blonde head of hair, and travelling alongside what seemed to be another trainer and an Espurr teetering alongside them. He blinked again, connecting the dots. Did that girl...give him this money? One of the trainers must have overheard his woes he had shared with Hoots. Not that he noticed; he was probably too busy despairing or burying his head in research. He glanced down at the Pokédollars he gripped in his palm with a thoughtful frown. As much as he liked have a few extra Pokédollars to get him by, and the Butterfree feelings he got in his stomach at such a gesture, he couldn't just take the money off her.

Still gripping the money tightly for fear of losing it, Ezra rose to his feet, with Hoots glancing to him curiously. "We need to go return this money," Ezra told her, to which she took to the air, with an affirmative hooting as her answer. The young man chuckled. "I'm glad you agree." With that, they followed in the direction he saw the two trainers and their Pokémon walk off in.

After losing them in the flocks of shoppers and civilians of Mauville, Hoots eventually spotted the small group deeper in the midst of the city, and was quick to notify her trainer. With that, Ezra practically rushed towards the girl and the guy, calling after them to get their attention and hopefully stop them from disappearing on them again. "H-hey, wait up a minute!" Eventually, he halted in front of them, doubled over as he began sucking in large gulps of air. "You're...you're the one...with...with that Emolga...right?" He wheezed, still gripping onto the Pokédollars in his hand. Hoots landed beside Ezra, rolling her eyes at her trainer's lack of physical fitness. He took a moment before he straightened up. "Listen, the thought was kind, but I don't think I could just take money off of someone. It's hardly fair to you..."

Mare Birch
Mauville City Food Court

latest
"Nice to meet you." Mare said in return. "So where are you from? I assume you're not from around here, unless Hydriegons have started migrating to Hoenn. Arceus forbid this place has enough problems already."

Hydriegons showing up around Hoenn would probably be terrible. According to something her uncle had said once they would probably wreck the environment and also be a nuisance to the local Pokemon and humans. Add that onto the Salamance that already hung around and the recent gang activity and Hoenn would be a nightmare.

Interacted with: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Whimsy huffed as she looked around through the crowd of people for a way to get up to the rooftop. Sparks wasn't going to come down on her own any time soon since the Pokémon was amused by such shenanigans. If she could just return the Emolga to her Poke Ball Whimsy would, but Sparks was too far out of range. Letting out a sigh the girl saw an older lady standing nearby, "Excuse me! Ma'am," she called out to the elderly woman. Gaining her attention the old woman gazed at the girl with a curious expression. Noticing that she had the woman's attention the girl smiled and asked, "Do you by chance know how to get to the roof from here?" Her question was answered with a nod and a simple, "Just take the stairs," from the woman. "Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!" Quickly scanning the area Whimsy spotted the closets area that led to the west side of Mauville. Grinning she picked Ghost up and held him close, feeling him purr against her chest, "Come on Jay! Lets go," turning on the balls of her feet.

As she went to head to the stairs the girl was stopped by hearing shouts.
"What the heck?" Jay looked around before spotting the kid from outside running towards them, "Whimsy!" He shouted to his trainer, causing her to stop moving before she collided with Ezra. "Whoa!" "Espurr!" Whimsy stopped on her toes as the boy doubled down in front of her and started wheezing. "Yes, Sparks is my Pokémon. Is there-" As he stood up straight the girl stood flat on her feet, looking up at him a bit since she happened to be on the shorter side. Hearing him tell her that he couldn't take the money, and wanted to give it back, Whimsy smiled softly at his while shaking her head, "I'm sorry, but I won't take it back on any circumstance. You need it more than I do. Plus I have more than enough to get by, and can make more during my journey."

"And don't go giving it to me. I don't need it and she's as stubborn as a Mudsdale sometimes. I mean seriously!" "Jay!" Whimsy huffed while jabbing him in the arm. For a split moment when she elbowed the "boy" Jay's illusion wavered, exposing a small portion of his true form. When he noticed the Zoroark in disguise narrowed his eyes a bit. But let out a sigh, "It can't be helped." The girl raised a confused brow as she didn't notice the momentary waver. Suddenly her mission at the moment popped right back into her head, "Sparks!"

Looking up towards the rooftop she saw her Emolga was still sitting on the rail above, looking down at everyone. Biting her lip her blue eyes once again gazed up at Ezra, "Would you maybe help me," she asked while pointing up towards the waiting Sparks, "She's gotten a bit mischievous right now and I can't get her to come down. Nor do I really have the time to chase her around the city to satisfy her antics." Then before she could let the poor boy answer she came up with an idea, "You can keep the money as a thank you for your help! I'll even treat you to some relaxing tunes or something to eat. I'm just in a bit of bind." Jay looked at his trainer a bit surprised at her plea for help from a complete stranger. But he knew that she was aware to ask for help when she needed it. Glancing over to the side of the kid he could easily guess why Whimsy was so quick to ask him for help. He had a Noctowl. She'd easily be able to travel after the Pokémon in question unlike himself and Ghost. "Espurr," Ghost mewed as he looked up at Ezra from his trainer's arms, large lilac eyes fixated on the redhead. "Please?"

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist

Gracia Monuta|Region of Origin

"So where are you from? I assume you're not from around here, unless Hydriegons have started migrating to Hoenn. Arceus forbid this place has enough problems already."
Gracia smiled. "Oh, I come from the Unova region! It was actually a lot calmer before some people came and messed it up like twice... I mean, at least the second time more species were found in hiding... Eh heh..." Gracia chuckled, shrugging. Those 'some people' she speaks of are both iterations of Team Plasma - who had wanted to relinquish Pokemon from their trainers. Gracia didn't want to dwell on it though, the past is the past, and things are certainly better now, that's for sure. The last news coming from Unova was something about a radar of some kind and that was it.

Mare Birch
Mauville City Food Court

latest
"Should have guessed. You've certainly got the accent." Mare said.

"And a really scary Pokemon." Fiji said. "Just like the rest of those Unovans."

Mare looked at her Pokemon. "Oh hush you that's just a stereotype." She turned back to Gracia. "I'm not from around here either. I'm from Johto, which is why my Hoenian is a bit off. You ever try learning a new language in the space of a few months. It's hard. Anyway, what brings you here?"

Mare's Hoenian was indeed a bit off. Not only did she slur over a lot of words and mispronounce others but she occasionally lapsed back into Kantonese before catching herself. Such is the price of only having a few months to learn a new language. She had been criticized on it by native speakers quite a few times.

Discussing Origins With: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta|What Brings Me Here

Anyway, what brings you here?
Gracia shrugged. "Honestly, not much. I just like going from region to region - wandering and taking battles as I go while also popping in to the breeding centres or whatever to check up on 'em! If I recall, this region's is not too far from here, I just wanted to take a quick pit stop here before I go there, though." She said, sighing. "Aaand I'm pretty sure you know the rest." She then said, chuckling. Of course, she couldn't understand the Treecko at all, but didn't really seem to bothered - accents are just accents! They don't sell people short! Like Mare said, it's stereotyping - and it hurts to those who are under it's incriminating, verbal and physical claws.

Mentions: Nope

Mare Birch
Mauville City Food Court
latest
"cool." Mare said. "I'm just here because my mom remarried and we had to move here. Thankfully, my uncle gave me a Pokemon so I could make like a tree and get out of there."

"That's not even remotely how the saying goes." Fiji said indignantly. "As a grass type I should know."

Mare ignored him. She'd have to remember to to show him Back to the Future at some point. That was one of the few actually good things from her childhood. Her dad had forced her to watch his favorite old movies. Man, such a positive connotation sounded super weird when used in relation to such a bastard.

Interacting With: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta|Family?

Gracia smiled a little at the mention of family then froze a little before responding. "Here's hoping it goes well..." She said meekly, much in contrast to just a moment ago. She then noticed and just tried to cheer up, striking a clueless smile and giving the thumbs up. "I mean - it 'can' only get better, right? Surely it can!" She said, seemingly clueless - when in actual fact, she wasn't - she just didn't want to draw attention to it. Gracia finally paid attention to the Treecko like 'I don't know what you're saying, but it's kind of annoying'.

Mare Birch
Mauville City Food Court

latest
Mare looked down sadly when Gracia mentioned it only being able to get better. "Yeah, I guess." She said. She definitely didn't want to talk about it. Sp she changed the subject.

"Wanna hang out after you're finished eating? I've got basically infinite time to kill and my only company at the moment is my Pokemon. They're all great but their bickering can get annoying."

"Hey!" Fiji protested.

"It's true." Mare said to him.

"Is not!"

Mare stuck her tounge out at him. Sure it was childish but sometimes you have to embrace your inner child. Then Mare remembered that she was in the presence of another person. She rubbed her hand behind her head.

"Er, sorry. I must look super weird right now."

Asking to Hang Out With: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Mounuta|Hanging Out

Gracia nodded. "OK, so, right now, then?" She asked, chuckling. She had finished, why else would she be standing up? "It's OK, don't worry! Where we headed to? Got plenty of time to burn myself!" She said brightly, seeming very much relieved the topic was changed. 'Very', very relieved indeed. She sighed a little and stretched, making darn sure she had everything before going - yes and yes! So it's time to get a move on! She would be hanging out with Mare shortly, but where do the two head to?

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Mauville City | Interaction: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: N/A | ♫ : Ezra's Theme |

Ezra blinked down at the girl - given the height difference between them - and he sighed, clearly about to protest to the gesture. So they did overhear his bike woes. He really needed to stop opening his mouth and letting things like that slip out. He couldn't have people throwing Pokédollars at him left, right, and centre. Not that it did ever happen too often, mind you. He had turned to the other trainer, intent on handing the money back to him instead. Though, Hoots began cooing softly beside him, her head tilting from left to right as she eyed the young man curiously. Finally, her head seemed to tilt upside down, honing in on the man more curiously. Odd. Hoots only ever did that if something was troubling the avian Pokémon. He wondered what it was...until he noticed a rippling effect on the boy's body, like a stone hitting the water.

Hoots's cooing raised slightly in volume, ceasing her tilting and flapping her wings before she leaned closer to inspect. It was a moment, but Ezra recognised something underneath the rippling illusion. A hand - no, a claw with three sharp, crimson talons - and a furry grey arm. All of a sudden, Ezra beamed, almost crying out in delight and wonder. A Zoroark! That's what was bothering Hoots! He had never seen a Zoroark in person, and had only ever read about them or saw them on documentaries or competitions airing on TV. Who knew he'd be able to see one in the flesh! Just when Ezra was about to faun over the illusion-creating Pokémon and proceed to ask as many questions as he could, the unconcerned girl cried her Emolga's name in a moment of realisation, causing Ezra's attention to shift to Whimsy.

Ezra blinked as Whimsy explained her situation, turning his head when she had pointed at the rail above them where the Emolga perched. He couldn't help but feel his cheeks heat up at that fact; he hadn't even noticed Sparks was sitting up there the whole time. Turning back to Whimsy again, he gave her a keen ear, listening to her proposal. The corner of his lips curved upwards and he nodded. "I'd feel so much better if I earned it rather than just taking it from you. Sure, I'll help you out," he reassured her. Spending time with another trainer - especially with one who had interesting Pokémon and seemed friendly enough herself - may have done him and Hoots the world of good. Professor Birch had gave him the lecture often enough that if he wanted to be a Professor, he'd actually have to go out and have a face-to-face conversation with people. Though, more often than not, those conversations spiralled into Ezra's own musings and research topics, and soon enough, he found he was avoided, lest he go into those subjects again.

Ezra turned to Hoots beside him and smiled. "What do you say, Hoots? Want to stretch those wings and help these guys out?" Hoots spread her wings, pushing herself into the air, giving an affirmative nod. "Alright! That's my girl." He praised her before Ezra watched the Noctowl hover higher into the air, before she started to fly up to the higher level to approach Sparks. Ezra turned to Whimsy, smiling. "Hoots should be fast enough to follow after Sparks should she try and make chase again. Speaking of, Noctowls are known as 'emperors of the night' for a reason. They have pretty keen eyes, so they can see much better in the dark and can hone in on the faintest possible light. Plus, the shape of their wings means in flight, they can be totally silent and sneak up on prey. So, even if Sparks manages to get away, Hoots would be able to sneak up on her, and find her from a good distance. Though, maybe not with these bright lights, they might mess with Hoots's vision just a little bit..." He mused, tapping his chin as he glanced to the fluorescent lights above and around them.

Ezra blinked a little, before he glanced between both Whimsy and the Zoroark - Jay - with a sheepish look in his eyes and a nervous chuckle. He shrugged. "S-sorry, I guess I went on a tangent..." He hoped neither of them zoned out during that. Or, at least, thought about taking the money back and running off from him. And then he realised what he had titled Sparks as unintentionally, and another apology flew out his mouth. "O-oh, and I meant nothing by Sparks being prey! Hoots won't peck at her unless I told her to. Which I wouldn't, of course," he managed a chuckle in his state of flustering before he quickly turned the subject back to Sparks, in the hopes they would forget about this whole embarrassing affair. "Anyway, we should be ready to follow them should Sparks fly off!"

Last edited:
Mare Birch
Mauville City Food Court
latest
Mare tapped her finger to her chin. "Well, I was planning on stopping by a ribbon shop that I saw earlier but I doubt you'd be interested in that. There's also a cafe nearby. The game corner's closed, sadly enough so we can't go there. Maybe there's a clothing store nearby where I can get an actually sensible contest outfit. You won't believe the one I got. It should be illegal. What about you? Any place in particular you'd like to visit?"

Mare took a breath. That was a rather long sentence. It took the wind right out of her.

Interacting With: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta|Where To?

Gracia stopped and thought about it. "Hmmm... the clothing store would be nice to actually look around - never know what's gonna be in there, and you might just find something you like!" She said brightly, with a smile to match. "Shall we head there? I'm not gonna force you to go 'again', seeing as you have presumably already gone there, at least from your words..." She said calmly, not really minding - but she is interested on going on in to the clothing shop and seeing what there is of interest in there - if anything at all.

Mare Birch
Mauville City Food Court -> Some Generic Clothing Store

latest
Mare chuckled. "I actually haven't been there yet. I got my outfit from some weird chick who spoke in anime titles and somehow verbalized sparkles. I'm not even joking. I think her name was Lisia or something like that. Famous contest star or something. Now, if we're going to the clothing store we better get moving. Come on." Mare made a 'come on' gesture

Half an hour later...

"No. No. No. Ugh." Mare was sorting through contest costumes and all of them either didn't fit her or were terrible. Why was there loterally nothing good. It was all so sparkly and gaudy. Wasn't there any sensible contest outfit. Mare sighed.

Sorting Through: A Bunch of Costumes
Interacting With: At the moment, noone but I assume Gracia's there doing whatever since they agreed to hang out there

"Oh thank you! Thank you so much!" A beaming grin now on her face, happy to hear that he'd be willing to help her. When Hoots agreed to help as well Whimsy's grin somehow grew bigger. Watching the large owl Pokémon take flight caused the girl to watch in awe. Though as Ezra started to speak of Noctowl as a species, Whimsy glanced over at him from the corner of her eye. "Emperors of the night," Whimsy mused, "My my, your partner sure sounds incredible." Hearing this Jay crossed his arms and huffed, "I'm incredible too ya know," jealousy riddled in his voice. But Whimsy simply chuckled, "I know you are Jay. But let me be impressed by others for once." Her response wound up with the "boy" sticking his tongue out, causing the girl to roll her eyes. She still smiled though.

As Ezra spoke again Whimsy nodded her head,
"I believe you. You don't seem to be the type to cause unnecessary harm. But you're right, we should get moving to the rooftop," pointing towards the west side of the city she added, "An older woman told me that there are stairs leading up there. I think there might be some this way, but I'm not sure. I've never been in Mauville before today." Being in a new city that she was completely unfamiliar with had the girl's spirits lowered a bit; however, going without Sparks was not an option. Whimsy knew though that being down wasn't going to help her any, Come on Whimsy! None of that feeling like you can't do it stuff, she thought to herself with a brisk head shake. Now looking back up Ezra her blue eyes showed her determination, "Alright! Lets go get Sparks!" Though before she could start walking Jay popped Whimsy on the shoulder, "First off before we go anywhere. Where are your manners," he asked a bit gruffly. "Oops!" She chuckled nervously while extending her hand out to Ezra for a handshake, "I completely forgot, sorry. My name is Whimsy," she stated as she continued to hold Ghost in one arm, "You already met Sparks, but I would like to introduce these two. Ghost is this cutie pie in my arms, and the shaggy guy there is Jay." "Espurr!" "Sup."

While the trainers shook hands, Jay started moving towards the outer part of the city. His teal orbs glanced around to see if he could spot anything through the crowd. Though with the amount of people bustling about it was easier said than done. But after a few minutes he spotted a stairwell in the northwestern corner of the city. "Hey! I found the stairs that old lady was talking about," he shouted over his shoulder.

Meanwhile Sparks was sitting on the railing still, staring at the sky due to pure boredom.
Is Whimsy here yet? It's been ten minutes, the Emolga groaned to herself. Sighing she stood on the rail deciding it would be better to return to her trainer so that they weren't stuck in Mauville longer than they should. It just got boring sometimes being in her Poke Ball for long. Especially after that incredibly long flight. Eh. Five more minutes won't hurt, she thought to herself. Getting on all fours Sparks started walking on the rail thinking that by the time she got back to where she started her trainer would've made it up there.

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back