• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best: Hoenn [CLOSED]

Ezra Yew
Located: Sea Mauville | Interaction: Salandit ( BackSet BackSet ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | Mentions: -

After the Sky Attack connected, and the Grunt was for sure knocked out, Ezra couldn't help but punch the air in glee and cheer. "Alright, Hoots! You and Evergreen sure showed him!" Though he was glad of that success, he had as much concern for the Noctowl as did the Kirlia. Though, not one to worry her trainer or anyone else for that matter, seemed to shoulder that exhaustion with elegance, seeming to 'shake it off'. The less than straight and proud stature of her was a giveaway to her condition, though. Ezra turned to Gracia, upon her asking if Hoots would be okay, and he nodded. "She'll need time to rest, but I'll give her the time to do that." With that, he took out Hoot's Pokéball, and though she looked like she would protest to being sent to rest, Ezra told her, "I'll pull you out as soon as this is all over. Rest up for now." Begrudingly, the Noctowl accepted his terms, and returned to her Pokéball.

Still, the problem of the Salandit and the Poochyena remained, and Hoots was out for the time being. Ezra thought of the two remaining Pokémon he had that could help out in this fight, and as much as he didn't want to bring him out, Dino was looking like a firm option. Grabbing his Pokéball from his bag, and he announced, "Guess you're up!" Dino appeared, already riled up and ready to go, and he was hopping from one foot to the other. Though all that could be heard was his normal 'Gible' sounds, it could be roughly translated to something like, "Lemme at 'em, lemme at 'em!" Before Ezra could even think of instructing him on what to do, Dino had already lunged forward, right into the Salandit with a Takedown. Dino, forgetting what this move actually did to him too, and he let out a cry, but he was still raring to go even after the attack connected.

The Salandit, however, wasn't going down without a fight either. With what looked at first to be a measly cough, turned out to be more vicious, as the embers of a flame were coughed in Dino's direction. Dino wasn't in any position to avoid it, and so took the brunt of the flames, spending its time trying to fan itself out.

"D-Dino!" Ezra shouted, hoping to get some affirmation that he was okay. The Gible seemed to be still putting out the flames even when the Salandit went in for another attack. However, Dino seemed to do a U-Turn at the last moment, kicking some sand straight into the Salandit's eyes (where did the sand come from? One of life's greatest questions). The Salandit backed off, rubbing at its own eyes with its grubby little paws in an attempt to regain some vision. Ezra couldn't help but laugh and shout, "Alright, Dino!" and was just about to give him some instructions.

Only, he watched a light envelope him, his shape contort and twist, until grew much taller, and evolved into...

Gabite!

"Dino, you evolved!" Ezra couldn't help but point out the obvious in his excitement. He hadn't been this pumped since seeing Hoots evolved, and that was some time ago. "Alright, show the Salandit what you got with that Dragon Rage!" On cue, Dino pried his jaws open, and out came a flaming, purple ball of energy directed straight towards the Salandit. It hit, knocking it off its feet and backwards, until it lost all strength to get back up. Dino give his own cheer of victory, as did his trainer who praised him with, "Nice job, Dino!"

Last edited:
Whimsy narrowed her eyes as a monotone hum came from her closed lips. "I'm no doctor Mare," she stated as Ghost moved to his trainer's shoulder, "But I don't think that's how it works when you've got a banged up shoulder." Turning her attention to her partner Pokémon, Whimsy nudged her head back, "Let's get her on her feet at least. Once she's standing we'll worry about her stubbornness later," glancing at Mare the girl shot her a playful wink before moving her arm around her friend's waist. Sighing heavily Jay stood up and moved to Mare's other side, wrapping an arm around her in the same manner his trainer had. "On three we're going to get you standing Mare. Ready? One, two, three!" Working in sync Whimsy and her Zoroark pulled their friend up to her feet by her waist on the last count. Once Mare was standing the two of them let her go, but not before Jay commented, Support your arm and stay close. We'll make sure none of these morons get so close a second time.

With everything that unfolded around them during the short time they were assisting Mare it seemed that a lot had happened. All the goons were out cold, along with their Pokémon, and standing by Ezra was a Gabite. "Whoa Dino!! Looking sharp," Whimsy exclaimed excitedly as she stared at the dragon type. Jay groaned as he leaned over and popped his trainer on her head gently, pulling her attention away from Dino onto him, rubbing her head slightly. Before she could say anything though Jay gave her a look that she could only translate to, "Seriously? Now's not the time, let's go!" "Alright I get it, I get it!"

Looking around the room Whimsy took quick notes of who all on their side was in the room, most specifically the Pokémon, "Ok, I think I have a plan." Once she had everyone's attention Whimsy began to divulge her plan to the group, "I'm not sure how many of them there are left roaming the boat, so aside from doing the obvious in radioing Josh to tell us how many he saw, we need to book it. Mare, I want Queen at the lead with Jay. If she can smell a drunk sailor or any of those other guys she can relay it to you so we know what we might be dealing with trying to get out. As for who will cover our backs that's where you come in Ezra, with Hoots and Dino of course," pausing in her plan Whimsy turned to Gracia before speaking again, "Gracia, can you and Evergreen help Ghost create a strong enough Light Screen to protect us in case things turn out like when we last escaped?" As the silence settled in Whimsy waited patiently for any agreements or oppositions.

Interactions: BackSet BackSet Arcanist Arcanist BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta

After the Sky Attack connected, and the Grunt was for sure knocked out, Ezra couldn't help but punch the air in glee and cheer. "Alright, Hoots! You and Evergreen sure showed him!" Though he was glad of that success, he had as much concern for the Noctowl as did the Kirlia. Though, not one to worry her trainer or anyone else for that matter, seemed to shoulder that exhaustion with elegance, seeming to 'shake it off'. The less than straight and proud stature of her was a giveaway to her condition, though. Ezra turned to Gracia, upon her asking if Hoots would be okay, and he nodded. "She'll need time to rest, but I'll give her the time to do that." With that, he took out Hoot's Pokéball, and though she looked like she would protest to being sent to rest, Ezra told her, "I'll pull you out as soon as this is all over. Rest up for now." Begrudingly, the Noctowl accepted his terms, and returned to her Pokéball.
Gracia watched and listened, clapping as the plan that was briefly hatched worked - Evergreen, now on the ground and ceasing her aid, bowing as Gracia listened to Ezra and then nodded. "That's fair enough! I'm fairly certain we've got this under contr-" Gracia would be cut off with Ezra's Gible seeming to struggle, and before Evergreen could dare get closer to help, the Gible was shining blue and undertook a growth - an evolution. Gracia and Evergreen watched in awe as their ally evolved - Dino the Gible was no more, but Dino the Gabite stood in its place! Gracia clapped once more. "Heyy, you go get 'em!" She would say eagerly, trying to invigorate the newly evolved Pokemon with some more confidence. Not too long after, Gracia would hear Whimsy call out to her and the others that she had a plan, and Gracia listened carefully.
"Gracia, can you and Evergreen help Ghost create a strong enough Light Screen to protect us in case things turn out like when we last escaped?" As the silence settled in Whimsy waited patiently for any agreements or oppositions.
Gracia looked to Evergreen - one problem, Evergreen doesn't know how to use Light Screen, but surely Evergreen has enough power in her - psychic-type power in her - to at least make an attempt! "Evergreen, counting on you here!" Gracia would say as the Kirlia swiftly nodded and darted to Ghost's side, preparing herself for the given task. Gracia looked on as the Kirlia would just try to focus the power she has, and hopefully in time with Ghost's Light Screen, and to hopefully make it stronger to protect the group behind them - the stronger the barrier, and the longer it'll last, the better!

Arcanist Arcanist , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2011
Time: Who Cares
Music box: Battle!Team Aqua/Team Magma

Mare nodded at what Jay said and grabbed her right arm, holding it tightly to her stomach. She winced in pain. Why did a dislocated shoulder have to hurt so much. Freaking ow.

Doimg her best to ignore the pain, Mare looked at Queen and then nodded at Whimsy. "You heard her. You're up front with Jay. Sniff out any of these bastards who get too close."

"Right, I'm on it!" Queen said. "Hey, if I fight more of these guys do you think I'll evolve like that Gabite over there."

"Now's not really the time!" Mare shouted at her.

"Sheesh, I was just asking." Queen grumbled before bounding over to Jay.

BoltBeam BoltBeam Arcanist Arcanist Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Ezra Yew
Located: Sea Mauville | Interaction: Everyone ( BackSet BackSet , BoltBeam BoltBeam Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ) Evergreen( BoltBeam BoltBeam ), Jay ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 )

Dino could help but sway with pride at the encouragement and the compliments he was earning from both Gracia and Whimsy on his new evolution, though, that quickly came to an end what with Jay insisting that there were more important matters to attend to in a look to his trainer. It wasn't long before both he and his trainer, Ezra, paused and listened to the plan that Whimsy divluged to them. Once Ezra and Dino knew the part in the plan, the trainer couldn't help but look to him and with a grin, "Then we'll give it our all, right, Dino?" To which the Gabite happily responded.

Once Mare was on her feet, and everyone including Gracia and Evergreen knew what the game plan was, they were ready to go. "I'll watch your guys' backs, as promised. Now let's get going. I don't think I fancy staying aboard this ship for much longer..." He said, nodding to the door with a clear eagerness to get moving.

Whimsy Larson

A determined grin spread across the teen's face as her friends gave their approval on her plan and their individual roles. "Alright," Whimsy boasted as she turned back to face the door, as well as Jay and Queen, "Let's make like a sundae and split! Ghost, Light Screen!" With a purr and a nod the Espurr lifted his paws in front of him as eyes glowed brightly. Soon the group of teens were cloaked in a yellow-green light along with their Pokémon before Jay started leading them out of the room they had been stuck in for the past.. Arceus only knows how long they had been in that room, felt like an hour at least.

As the crew made their way down the hallway the sound of faint footsteps could be heard echoing through the empty ship. Jay sniffed the air before quietly mumbling,
They managed to get above us, smells like there are others behind us. Thankfully they seem to be a far ways away. We should get out of here quicker if we follow our original scent trail that got left behind from earlier. Glancing down at Queen he asked, What do you think? While Jay conversed with Queen, Whimsy glanced around at her surroundings. When her gaze caught sight of Mare the girl put her hand on the middle of her friend's back, "How are you doing Mare?"

Interaction: BackSet BackSet
Mentions: Arcanist Arcanist BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta

Dino could help but sway with pride at the encouragement and the compliments he was earning from both Gracia and Whimsy on his new evolution, though, that quickly came to an end what with Jay insisting that there were more important matters to attend to in a look to his trainer. It wasn't long before both he and his trainer, Ezra, paused and listened to the plan that Whimsy divluged to them. Once Ezra and Dino knew the part in the plan, the trainer couldn't help but look to him and with a grin, "Then we'll give it our all, right, Dino?" To which the Gabite happily responded.

Once Mare was on her feet, and everyone including Gracia and Evergreen knew what the game plan was, they were ready to go. "I'll watch your guys' backs, as promised. Now let's get going. I don't think I fancy staying aboard this ship for much longer..." He said, nodding to the door with a clear eagerness to get moving.
Gracia nodded adamantly. "I'm with you on that, let's finish up and get out of here!" She said with energy and volume in her tone, only seconded by Evergreen - her Kirlia, spinning on the spot and also nodding after the spin stopped to find the Pokemon on one leg, somehow keeping her balance. A short laugh from the young girl later, Gracia would quickly defer her attention to everyone who was moving - it's time to get to work!
A determined grin spread across the teen's face as her friends gave their approval on her plan and their individual roles. "Alright," Whimsy boasted as she turned back to face the door, as well as Jay and Queen, "Let's make like a sundae and split! Ghost, Light Screen!" With a purr and a nod the Espurr lifted his paws in front of him as eyes glowed brightly. Soon the group of teens were cloaked in a yellow-green light along with their Pokémon before Jay started leading them out of the room they had been stuck in for the past.. Arceus only knows how long they had been in that room, felt like an hour at least.

As the crew made their way down the hallway the sound of faint footsteps could be heard echoing through the empty ship.
"OK! Evergreen, counting on you here! Use Psychic to hold the Light Screen together!" Gracia commanded, to which the Kirlia raised her hands from her sides and up to the air, a psychokinetic force being issued and locking 'onto' the light screen, forcibly holding it together. It would move as normal, fortunately, apart from the holding that isn't going to let it break as easily as it 'would have' broke! Now, they just need to hope this plan works - otherwise, well, this could get messy...! Gracia stayed with Evergreen, keeping the active Pokemon in her hands as the said Kirlia keeps focusing to maintain such power. One look at Gracia through all of this mess, and you'd be finding her confidence ain't going anywhere.

Arcanist Arcanist , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , BackSet BackSet

Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2011
Time: I've pretty much given up on keeping track
Music box: Battle!Team Aqua/Team Magma

Mare flinched when Whimsy placed a hand on her shoulder. Under normal circumstances, she probably would have lashed out. But these were not normal circumstances. For one, her shoulder was dislocated and for another, she was too busy running from potential pursuers.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied. "You know, my shoulder's dislocated, but that's a fixable, right?"

Meanwhile, Queen and Jay were dealing with what probably counted as more important business. I.e. getting the group the hell out of here.

"Sounds about right." Queen said. "Our path's a bit muddled with the smell of these Aqua and Magma twits but it can't be that hard to follow it."

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 BoltBeam BoltBeam Arcanist Arcanist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back