• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best: Hoenn [CLOSED]

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Outside New Mauville | Interaction: Mare/Wally/Wattson ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )| Mentions: N/A |♫ - Just Wondering |

A distraction? Of course, these kind of people would no doubt make a spectacle of things just to get what they were looking for. And what they were looking for was data. Ezra knew that didn't bode well at all, especially for an organisation of Magma and Aqua's apparent calibre. The young man knew the importance of data, since all too often he was the one logging it back at Birch's lab and often encrypting far too much of it on a daily basis. Plus given the way the boy and the older man had been addressing the matter of its theft, the data was no doubt of even greater importance; more so than his ramblings on Pokémon and their surrounding environments.

Ezra felt a nudging at his arm from a rather firm, spherical object. Though, upon inspecting down at it, he noticed it was Hoots's expectant eyes on him. She cocked her head, and waited rather patiently, as if for him to say something. It dawned on him that the others had said their individual pieces on not simply letting a discussion of important data slide by them, with both Mare and Gracia insisting that they almost lost their lives over it, nor Whimsy putting everything on the line to get them away from certain death. Of course, in this time, he hadn't been paying attention - or at least, all of his attention. He retained most of the words said, but his main thoughts were placed upon his own pondering of the data that had been stolen. Which had led to a rather painful silence. Remembering himself, Ezra chuckled softly, albeit, with a nervousness behind it.

"Guess if I didn't agree with you guys, it'd make me look bad..." He attempted some form of a joke, though, with the soberness returning to his expression, realised this wasn't the best of times for it. He cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck before he put his own opinion forward. "With all due respect, sir, they're right. I think we deserve to know what that data is. I mean, we're involved now, right? They're bound to recognise our profiles in future, and our Pokémon too..." The last part caused him to frown, casting a glance to the Noctowl who had been dutifully by his side not only physically in the last hour of mayhem, but almost a decade. To think any trainer and their companions were put into danger or far worse made Ezra's stomach churn.

...which brought things back around to Whimsy's apology. He could only shake his head at Whimsy's words, before responding, "I wouldn't apologise. It was a brilliant idea. And anyway, I'd rather be those things than..." Ezra trailed off, biting his tongue. He couldn't bring himself to say it, never mind think about it. Instead, he put a hand on Hoots's head, scratching underneath her feathers. The Noctowl cooed affectionately, her head contorting at different angles at the sensation. "But anyway, we all got out safe, or, uh, mostly, thanks to some quick thinking." Ezra smiled at her, hoping it would at least make her feel less guilty about everything that had happened.

Wally/Wattson

Both the teal haired boy and the older guy exchanged a stare. Both, judging by the lines creasing on their foreheads and the lines that their lips drew, were hesitant to disclose such information. However, at the sound of a heavy sigh, Wally turned to his mentor, the crease still very much present.

"Sir?"

Wattson simply shook his head before he responded. "I guess you guys are right. Very well, I'll discuss it here with you. But it's for your ears only, got it?" Once he seemed to get confirmation, he stared back at the building leading into New Mauville, as if he needed it to recall something to do with the data. "The data both Team Magma and Aqua grabbed was important, as you may have already gathered. Groundbreaking, rather, or at least, it would have been..." Wattson folded his arms, turning back to the youths before him, his frown thoughtful. "I headed a project some time ago involving the attempted creation of Mega Stones. I figured if we gathered enough resources, we'd be able to reproduce them, use them to advance the evolution process. New Mauville acted as our front for the project."

The old guy sighed again, rubbing the back of his neck as he admitted, "It...ran into problems. They either shattered easily, or the Pokémon we had interact with the stones reacted badly to them." He seemed rather regretful as he continued, yet, somewhat relieved at the same time. "We had to shut the project down. Eventually, we would have completely drained our budget." Wattson glanced to Wally then, before he confirmed, "The data that Team Magma and Aqua stole was our research on the Mega Stones."

It was Wally's turn to frown, not so much at the revelation of the true origin of New Mauville, or the project itself, but more towards the fact two terrorist organisations stole vital information regarding Mega Stones. "You...you think they'd try to use that data to reproduce them?" He asked, though, he shouldn't have bothered asking it, since his bright eyes darkened with a troubled glance at him.

"I'm sure they would. Though, what exactly for I can't be sure..." Wattson mumbled, scratching at his beard in thoughtfulness once more.

( BackSet BackSet , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , BoltBeam BoltBeam )

Gracia Monuta|The Truth of New Mauville
"The data both Team Magma and Aqua grabbed was important, as you may have already gathered. Groundbreaking, rather, or at least, it would have been..." Wattson folded his arms, turning back to the youths before him, his frown thoughtful. "I headed a project some time ago involving the attempted creation of Mega Stones. I figured if we gathered enough resources, we'd be able to reproduce them, use them to advance the evolution process. New Mauville acted as our front for the project."
"It...ran into problems. They either shattered easily, or the Pokémon we had interact with the stones reacted badly to them." He seemed rather regretful as he continued, yet, somewhat relieved at the same time. "We had to shut the project down. Eventually, we would have completely drained our budget." Wattson glanced to Wally then, before he confirmed, "The data that Team Magma and Aqua stole was our research on the Mega Stones."
"You...you think they'd try to use that data to reproduce them?"
"I'm sure they would. Though, what exactly for I can't be sure..."
"Mega Stones...? Isn't Mega Evolution that they grant only temporary, though?" She would ask - confused on that basis alone. To her own knowledge (limited), Mega Stones were only compatible with a few known species, and gave short-term power ups. What she however 'did' know is that the energy inside those darned stones is probably indeed enough to accelerate evolution. So - if this plan actually worked, and the now-joint teams got their hands on this juicy information (and no less the results in order to copy the stones), that would be... oh dear... Gracia then went quiet, gulping instead. Those are bad thoughts. She's not 'too' sure what to do with this information, but... the truth is now out there. She needs to lock it up and throw away the key - given the others of course should be going the same. What the heck would they want with Mega Stones? She doesn't understand...

Interactions: (Wattson, but I have no idea who to mention here. XD)
Nearby: Arcanist Arcanist , BackSet BackSet , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

"Yeah, I'm glad too," Whimsy murmured softly as her cheeks seemed to have gotten rosy from Ezra's compliment. Turning to face Wally and Wattson again she quietly listened to the old man speak, Ghost still in her arms for comfort. But what he had to say hit Whimsy pretty hard as he spoke of his part in creating artificial Mega Stones, and how they affected the Pokémon involved.

The girl bit her tongue to prevent herself from asking Wattson why he'd do such a thing. It simply didn't feel like it was her place to question the man; besides, his city was in ruins and it appeared that he felt guilty of the research that was conducted. She couldn't imagine the pain those Pokémon must have gone through during all those experiments. Though as he sensed his trainer's distress the Espurr looked up at the girl, patting her forearm to gain her attention. Once Whimsy's blue eyes were staring into the lavender ones of her partner she softened up, cracking a smile. It was rather hard to resist Ghost's cuteness. As the Pokémon purred happily Whimsy chuckled quietly, a sign of mood improvement.

Hearing Gracia speak up Whimsy was quick to answer her,
"It is only temporary, usually people use it just for battles. But the trainer can only use it once per battle since a lot of energy is involved in the whole process. Though if those Aqua and Magma guys get the reproduction to turn successful then I think it's obvious what they might do with all that power." Whimsy had a feeling that there was no need to give an explanation on what Team Magma and Team Aqua might do if they managed to succeed the failed project, for the ruins that is Mauville seemed to speak volumes. Glancing over at Wattson Whimsy felt that there was one thing she needed to know about the project. "Mister Wattson," she chimed, "Did your project also involve the reproduction, and, or mass production of Key Stones too?" The teen knew from her home region that Key Stones were the only way that Mega Evolution could happen. Without out them the Mega Stones were no more than just pretty colored stones. Whimsy's school had learned about Mega Evolution from the Mega Evolution guru, Gurkinn, himself when he visited the school once.

There was a small bit of hope in her that the Key Stones weren't part of the process because if the plans those goons had would never go forward due to Key Stones being on the rare side. But the rest of her knew there was a chance of Key Stones getting reproduced unnaturally as well.

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist
Mentions: BoltBeam BoltBeam BackSet BackSet

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Outside New Mauville | Interaction: N/A | Mentions: Mare/Wally/Wattson ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )|

New Mauville, a front, for a mass Mega Stone reproduction process? Between that and the terrorist attack that left Mauville devastated, Ezra wasn't sure his poor brain could take much more conspiracy and catastrophic events in one day. He would have sat down to take it all in, though, he refrained from that, opting to show some sanity in the situation despite the news. Hoots had been doing the same, what with her incessant blinking and the way she tilted her head at each sentence that came from Wattson. Though, naturally, she was a calm creature with a rather calming presence. She learned to stick around Ezra during moments he threatened to implode.

Ezra would have chirped in with his knowledge on Mega Stones and Key Stones given the chance, but his mind was preoccupied on other matters. If Team Magma and Aqua were really wanting to use the data on Mega Stones, they'd want to reproduce them, like Wally and Wattson had hypothesised. And knowing what the Mega Stones were capable of doing combined with the right Key Stones...that would make any other attack on cities much easier with powerful Pokémon, harder to stop, as if their grunts weren't enough trouble this day.

But what kind of Pokémon would they even think of using? Sure, they could pick up any old Pokémon to use for their own diabolical scheming, but there had to be something bigger to the whole plot. He scratched his head in some thought, only remembering the others around him. Still, he remained quiet in his own musings. The prospects of two terrorist groups holding the data to something as important as Mega Stones didn't bode well.

Ezra just hoped they weren't in over their heads in all of this.

All there seemed to be for now was silence as no one spoke up, not even Ezra had any factoids to spew. Leaving Whimsy's question to go unanswered. But there wasn't anything she could really do except wait. Her blue eyes found their attention drawn to Mauville once more, taking in the burning rubbles. This was the start of her journey. This is what her choices led her to, her new life. It all started with a city being burnt to the ground, and world changing information being stole.

Tearing her eyes away Whimsy looked down at the pink ribbon tied around her upper arm. It had darken in color for the most part going from its original hot pink hue to a dark shade of red. "I guess I need to get this cleaned up and all," she mumbled to herself quietly. Thing is that she wasn't too sure on where to go. If she headed back towards Mauville there was a chance of running into Team Aqua and Magma again, even if she didn't Whimsy had no idea where the next town would be from there, let alone how far or long it would be. But if she headed back south, turning her body to face that direction, she knew the private airport was down that way along with another city the pilot had mentioned to her upon arrival. Whimsy knew that she had to get Jay to a Pokémon Center considering his condition was worse than hers. But at the same time she didn't really want just up and leave the group. It was a tough decision to make.

"Ezra," Whimsy looked up at the boy with a saddened expression replacing her cheery one from earlier, "I can't wait for answer from them much longer.. Jay needs medical attention and the ribbon isn't going to last much longer. Besides, it'll be night time in a matter of hours." Looking away from him Whimsy held Ghost in one arm as she picked up her duffle bag from the ground nearby. Tossing it on her shoulder before going back to holding Ghost in both arms. Thankfully she hadn't taken her guitar case off her back so she didn't have to worry about putting it back on. Turning her gaze towards both Wattson and Wally the teen stated, rather sadly, "Mister Wattson I'm sorry about your city, your citizens, and the project. But I don't think I can wait any longer to hear the answer to my question. My Pokémon need to see Nurse Joy and I need to get to a place where I can get wound care supplies. I would love to be able to help, really, but my Pokémon come first." As Whimsy turned her back towards the older gentleman she glanced between Mare, Gracia and Ezra she mouthed them all an I'm sorry before slowly starting to make her departure.

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist (& whoever is in charge of Wattson and Wally currently) BackSet BackSet BoltBeam BoltBeam

Wally Crane
Outside Old Mauville

Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png
Wattson stood up with a groan. "Ah, yes, sorry. I was... lost in thought."

Wally could only imagine. This was some heavy stuff.

"Slateport City isn't far from here." Wattson said. "You can visit the Pokemon Center and, since I'm assuming you need a place to sleep, I'll book you all rooms at the finest hotel I know there. Usually I'd offer you all rooms in Mauville Hills but..." Wattson gestured at the column of smoke still rising over the treetops.

Thank goodness. Wally thought. This was a tiring day and he needed some rest. He couldn't even remember when he'd last slept on a real bed. Had he really only been doing this for a few months? It felt like years. This day alone had felt like it had taken weeks to finish.

"Right, let's get going." Wattson said.

One Time Skip Later...

Mare Birch
Wingull Hotel, Room 612

latest
Much later after some healing of Pokemon and the tending of Whimsy's wound, the four teens found themselves sitting in a hotel room. There were only two available rooms for some reason so the three girls, (Mare, Gracia, and Whimsy) would be sleeping in the same room together and the two guys (Wally and Ezra) would be doing the same. But, since a lot of them (well, Mare at least) still had adrenaline crossing through their veins they had all (sans Wally who was somewhere else) gathered in one room.

"Alright," Mare said. "Now that we're finally not about to die I think some introductions are in order. My name's Mare Birch and the Linoone beside me is Yu."

"Noon." Yu said tiredly, though to Mare it sounded like "Hiya."

Gracia Monuta|Rest Is In Order

The conversation with Wattson went... just about as well as one could hope it would go, really. Gracia listened as best she could to the words (heavy words at that) being said and explained - though she didn't seem to really pay too much attention, sadly.
"You can visit the Pokemon Center and, since I'm assuming you need a place to sleep, I'll book you all rooms at the finest hotel I know there. Usually I'd offer you all rooms in Mauville Hills but..." Wattson gestured at the column of smoke still rising over the treetops.
'Great', Gracia thought to herself, 'it seems we're stuck on 'this' side of the city. No problem, though, means more to see.' She would of course accept the offer of the rooms, and within an untold amount of time, she found herself in the same room with Mare and Whimsy in the safety (hopefully) of the Wingull Hotel - all the girls in the same room, and all the boys in the other (all 2 of the boys). Gracia just tried to settle herself on into the room, still majorly anxious and panicked over what she had yet to recover from, but soon turned to face the other two when Mare spoke up.
"Alright," Mare said. "Now that we're finally not about to die I think some introductions are in order. My name's Mare Birch and the Linoone beside me is Yu."
Gracia scoffed. 'Finally not about to die indeed', Gracia thought to herself - a blessing worth milking dry as much as one can. "Welp. Guess it's my turn. My name is Gracia Monuta! It's nice to 'finally' be in a safe environment to even settle down and rest..." Gracia said with all the energy she could muster, though the attack seems to have taken a heavy toll on her enthusiasm as she was shortly seen falling face first (on purpose) on one of the vacant beds in the room, only to give a thumbs up after she landed as if to say 'I'm OK, just tired'.

Interactions: BackSet BackSet , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

It seemed that Whimsy's talk of leaving seemed to spark the older man as he started to speak, stopping her in her tracks. When he said that he'd pay for them all to sleep in a hotel for the night in the next city over the teen felt a wave of gratitude and relief at Wattson's kind gesture. With that said, they where of to Slateport.

Upon arriving Whimsy immediately went off to the Pokémon Center so that her team could get healed and checked over to make sure they were in the best condition. In the mean time Whimsy herself was being taken care of by Nurse Joy's Chansey, per Joy's request. But it was long before she could hear Jay feeling better as he argued with Joy in the back of the Center. When the little red sign stopped glowing Whimsy beamed happily at the sight of the nurse returning her three Poke Balls to her, and Jay standing right beside her. The Zoroark casted his human illusion on himself just as his trainer embraced him in a warm hug. It wasn't hard to tell that the two were happy to see each other in good health, well, almost. When everyone else had gotten their Pokémon returned to them they started heading out the door towards the hotel so that they may retire from today's events. Which Whimsy was quick to catch her partner up on. Upon entering the hotel and getting checked in the blonde girl realized that they'd all be split between two rooms, a girls room and a boys room. She really didn't mind though, the idea of spending the night alone after what happened this afternoon actually spooked the girl a bit. So she headed off with Mare and Gracia to their room, Jay in tow.

Once the door was opened up Whimsy walked inside, set her stuff down on the floor and plopped down in a comfy chair. Thankfully to be able to sit and relax for moment. Though she knew better to than to get too relaxed. She did need to take a shower and wash her clothes, along with Mare's ribbon, in the laundry room down the hall before she went to bed. That might prove to be a challenge though.

As Mare spoke up Whimsy looked over at her, so this was going to be a meet and greet session? It seemed appropriate though since the three of them were going to be stuck with one another for the night. So she's Mare Birch, her blue eyes shifted down towards the Linoone in the room, Yu, her gaze then settled on the younger girl who was now face down in a bed, And Gracia Monuta. Right! That shouldn't be hard to remember! But now it was time for Whimsy to give up her own name, though she wasn't sure if she should give up her surname just yet. Perhaps if she gave a nickname they wouldn't even be curious enough to ask about it. "I guess it's my turn then," the teen chuckled softly, "Well my name is Whimsy, but you may call me Whim if you'd like. And this right here is Jay," gesturing to the "boy" who was sitting on the arm of her chair. Jay gave a small wave to the girls, but didn't say anything. He was still on edge from earlier and not sure of who could be trusted just yet.

Interaction: BackSet BackSet BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Outside New Mauville/Room 612| Interaction: Mare/Wally/Wattson ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | Mentions: N/A |

Ezra had jerked out of his thoughts by Whimsy, who had told him plainly she couldn't stick around for much longer, given her own injury and Jay's situation. A quick glance to the discolouring ribbon reminded him of the injury, and really, how urgently it needed treated. He frowned slightly at her words. Sure, it was urgent, and sticking around for much longer probably wasn't the best idea in the long run, but he was sorry to see her split from everyone so soon.

Well, that was, until Wattson had offered them all accomodation at a hotel in Slateport. He would have declined it politely, as people usually insisted on the start, but the exhaustion was beginning to creep up on him and Hoots. Plus the avian Pokémon eyed him in her special way of urging him to take the offer. Ezra slowly nodded in understanding to Wattson's words. "Thank you," he murmured quietly, rubbing at one eye tiredly. Though, upon feeling a peculiar vibration inside his bag, he fished inside for it, amongst his papers and rather empty wallet from earlier, and pulled it out, with a picture of a less traumatised looking Ezra, and his team of Pokémon on his lockscreen. Or, so it should have been, if it wasn't littered with countless notifications.

Some included breaking news coverage on the Mauville incident. Others were pointless subscription emails, something from Professor Birch about reviewing data on something they had been looking at a week back. There were at least thirty-two missed calls. Three from the man previously stated.

The other twenty-nine from his mother.

Ezra hadn't been allowed time alone with his thoughts on the Mauville incident, since his mother had been shrieking down the phone in Kantonese at him, interrogating him as to where he was, who he was with, the usual things a mother questioned her son over. Though, that was usually the routine of a weekly checkup she had insisted on; this was over the coverage of the terror attack on Mauville. Naturally, like any such news, it had reached Johto in no time at all, and knowing that her son was doing Arceus knew what in Hoenn, she had been trying to contact him since then. Ezra had beat around the bush around the subject; he insisted he and his Pokémon were without a scratch, but that was because he hadn't been caught up in Mauville and was busy conducting research in the wild grass nearby.

Of course, Hoots's confused cooing and Ezra's fumbling over his information was enough to garner an earful from his mother on the other end for lying to her about his whereabouts. Even by the time they got to Slateport City and to the nearest Pokémon Center, his mother was still yapping in his ear, telling him how beside herself she was during those twenty-nine missed calls, demented even, and there her own son was, lying to her about almost dying in some organised attack. Ezra had insisted he was in no such danger whilst handing over Hoots's and Tick's Pokéballs to the Nurse Joy stationed there, an apologetic smile on his face. Though, the gravity of potentially losing a lot more was beginning to sink in. The latter of the conversation had turned to hums and affirmations, and managed to finally get her off the phone by the time they were getting to the hotel. He appreciated the anxiety from her, but not the phone bill she had assisted in racking up for them both.

Now, Ezra sat in what had been unofficially dubbed as 'the girls' room', TV remote in his hand, as he listened to the various reports covering the attack on Mauville. It wasn't as if he was paying much attention to them anyway; his eyes were heavy, and the way his chin momentarily slid from his palm was indicative of his slow descent into a deep slumber.

Thankfully, the introductions of those present in the room were enough to keep him semi-conscious. The only person he hadn't been acquainted with was Gracia, to whom he was glad to at least be on name terms with now. Then, after the girls had introduced themselves, he held up his free hand, using it to gesture with some sort of pathetic wave. "Ezra," he began, though, he figured if they were going on full name terms, he added, "Yew. I guess you can call me Ez if Ezra's a mouthful." He was thoughtful for a few moments, before he turned to mention to Gracia how the Noctowl, who had taken to resting in her Pokéball for the time being, was named Hoots, though, found her facedown on the bed. Ezra cocked his head. Must be exhausted... He knew how she felt. Nonetheless, he continued, rather, addressing everyone generally.

"Hoots, as most of you probably know, is the Noctowl. Some of you might have seen my Yanma, Tick, earlier." He fell quiet after that, but mostly because he wondered if any of them had any other Pokémon that hadn't been introduced. He felt bad for not introducing the other four he had tucked away inside his bag, but he supposed there would be a more appropriate time to introduce them.

Mare Birch
Wingull Hotel, Room 612
latest
Mare chuckled a bit on the inside. Of course Ezra's last name was Yew. Why wouldn't it be? Mare didn't think there was a single Pokemon Researcher who wasn't named sfter a tree.

"So..." Mare said. "In the interest of having something to talk about so there's no awkward silence, I can talk to Pokemon."

Yu looked at Mare Incredulously. "Did you seriously just say that?"

"We just learned a out a conspiracy of Mass Producing Mega Stones." Mare said. "I think they can handle this."

At least, she hoped they could. Probably the worst possible outcome was them not believing her. It wasn't like her dad who... she couldn't quite remember. She had locked those memories in a part of her brain so deep she had trouble recalling them. The feelings were still there, though. Mare struggled to keep a neutral expression.

Gracia Monuta|Pokemon Whisperer?

"I'm not saying I don't believe you, it sounds a bit wonky." She said upon hearing this, rolling over. "It's curious, though... Not something that happens every day..." She added, yawning and wiping sleep from her eyes. I mean, it's obviously possible. The Linoone Mare had did seem to be talking back to her, though to others apart from Mare, it sounded like one's typical Linoone noises. Because of course they did.

BackSet BackSet , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , Arcanist Arcanist

Whimsy looked over at Ezra a bit surprised, she didn't think he had a nickname, "But? You're name isn't a mouthful," she said a bit confused. But hearing his last name for the first time caught her interest since only Pokémon professors and tree related surnames. Maybe with a name like that his future was already laid out for him? It didn't matter though, Ezra could be whatever he wanted.

When Mare spoke again, this time about how she can talk to Pokémon, the teen was more stunned than just a moment ago.
"Wait! You can talk to Pokémon?" Jay looked down towards Yu as she questioned her trainer's actions, since he was the only other one in the room able to understand both of them. "I believe her," the "boy" shrugged, "Only because I know what Yu is saying too." Turning her blue eyes up to her Zoroark's illusion Whimsy puffed her cheeks in mock anger, "You know exactly why you're able to understand her." Whimsy's response caused Jay to laugh, which in turn caused her to giggle herself. Jay then looked at the group before letting his illusion drop for a moment, revealing his true form, then casting it again. "Jay likes to masquerade as a human so that he's able to talk to everyone, and to keep an eye out on everything. Ezra learned this earlier today," Whimsy snickered as a smile settled on her face, "But I believe Mare too. Anything is possible."

Blue eyes shifted to now look over at Gracia, who was still lying in her bed. By the way she was rubbing her eyes it wasn't too hard to tell that the younger girl was tired. Whimsy couldn't blame her though. Today was incredibly eventful and they all basically had to run a marathon; or, maybe it was more like a race. Either way, everyone was tired. No doubt about that.

"Well uh," Whimsy was now looking at Mare, "I'm a musician. I can sing and play guitar, but my dancing skills suck." Ezra already knew of her talent when she played for him earlier today. Though by the looks of it half the group seemed too tired to really engage in the conversation. Besides with Ezra having turned on the news the breaking story, which they talked about almost every ten minutes it seemed, of Mauville echoed in the room. Glancing at Ezra from the corner of her eye she recalled him being on the phone earlier with a screeching woman, perhaps it was his mother from the bits she had heard, about what went on. The news had spread very quickly to Johto if his mom knew. I wonder where else the story has reached, Whimsy thought instinctively gripping the armrest, and Jay's leg, out of fear that it might reach Kalos; and the possibility that she might be on camera if it ever reaches there.

Feeling his trainer's grip on his thigh Jay's turquoise eyes glanced down at her. It took him a moment before he realized what was wrong with her. Jay placed her hand over Whimsy's, squeezing it gently to draw her attention to him. Once she was looking him in the eye Jay gave her a reassuring smile to let Whimsy know that everything would be ok.
"Ezra," Jay looked over at the red head as he pointed at the TV, "Could you maybe turn that off? I think we've had enough of what happened today to last a lifetime before we need any remembrance."

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist BackSet BackSet
Mentions: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Room 612| Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | Mentions: N/A |

Ezra's nose crinkled at Whimsy's comment. Come to think of it, she had a point. But it was better than saying 'it's what my parents call me' out loud to people he had only just been acquainted with. He didn't need to come up with an answer to that, however, as Mare had released some information that was too bizarre to simply pass over. He had turned his head and stared at her, the remote unmoving in his hand. After a few moments of incredulous blinking, he murmured, "Like...you can properly talk to them? As in you know what they're saying?" He questioned, his eyebrows rising as if he was trying to think whether or not it was Mare's idea of a joke. Soon enough, he shook his head, wiping the confusion off his expression. This day keeps getting more interesting by the minute... Ezra wasn't sure how much more he could take this day.

His gaze gravitated back towards the so-called 'latest reports'. They had been showing images of Mauville surrounded by firefighters and several Poliwrath trying to put out the fires that had kindled inside the city. Ezra frowned in thought as he watched the cameras pan from one angle of the fiery building to another. He hated to think of the damage that could have been caused by Team Magma and Team Aqua. He hated to think of anyone being severly injured in the process even more. His thoughts turned to Wattson, the founder. He wondered how he would be able to handle all of this...

Ezra turned his head in the direction of Jay's voice, who had politely asked if he could turn the TV off, seeing as they already had most of the information in their hands, and a reminder of the day wouldn't help any of them. He took a moment to actually register his question, before he raised the remote to the TV, and the screen flickered for a moment, before showing a blank screen. "Sorry," Ezra apologised, lifting his glasses so they rested atop his head, and his fingers caressed his heavy eyes. "I thought that maybe they would have had more information that we don't..." He had hoped, though, his hopes had been dashed by the same images dancing along the screen and the 'conspiracy' crap other news channels enjoyed exploiting.

With a sigh, he set the remote on a nearby table, and he rose to his feet. Ezra felt the need to do something; anything to take his mind off Mauville and that Mega Stones project. But even when he recounted several stories to himself about the Pokémon companions he had acquired over the years - something he often did to distract and comfort himself - but even then, it wasn't enough to stop his mind from whirling back around to Mauville. He glanced up between everyone in the room, and he couldn't help but ask.

"So...where do we go from here?" It was a large question to ask, especially with all of them being exhausted. "I mean..." For once, Ezra was struggling with forming a coherent sentence. Or at least, making it sound like a philisophical question. "Do we just...move on from what happened or...?"

Mare Birch
Wingull Hotel, Room 612

latest
Well, at least they didn't laugh at her. Though Ezra's curiosity on a normal day would have almost been worse. This was, however, not a normal day. Mare looked at Ezra.

"That's exactly what I mean." She said. "Weirdly, it's helped me learn Hoennian, which is why I'm not as terrible at the language as I could be."

Mare sat and listened to everyone else talk. Huh. So the boy that looked a lot like a Zoroark was actually a Zoroark. Go figure. Mare remembered briefly catching a glimpse of him in the Food Court due to how distinctive he looked and thinking how he looked a bit Pokemon-Like.

Ezra turning the TV off was certainly a relief. She was tired of hearing about the attack. If she had to listen to one more channel question the motives of the terrorists in an overdramatic way for more views she'd scream.

And then Ezra asked what's next. As if on cue, the door opened and in stepped Wattson.

"What's next, you ask?" He said, seeming more jovial than he previously was.

"Were you standing out there listening to us?" Mare asked. It was a really weird coincidence for him to enter the room the moment Ezra asked what's next.

"I was not." Wattson replied. "I just have impeccable timing. Now, I think I have an answer to the question of what's next. I have a task for you, should you choose to accept it. However, I don't think I should explain it now. You're all much to tired for that. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. You should get some sleep. Ezra, you should head over to the boy's room. Wally's already asleep in there. Good night." With that he left and closed the door

He didn't have to tell Mare twice. She was already half asleep lying on the bed as it was. She stretched and yawned.

"I'll be in the bathroom if you need me."

"Sorry Ezra," the blonde haired teen murmured softly, "That was kinda my fault with the TV. But I don't think the news knows nearly as much as we do, not yet at least." She felt bad that part of the reason Jay asked him to turn the television off was because of her, though it did little to ease her woes. When he asked what they were suppose to do Whimsy didn't really know what to say. Part of her wanted to do something to help the people of Mauville and those that might become affected by Team Magma and Aqua; but what could she do? What could any of them do? They were all just teenagers more or less starting out on their own solo journeys into a world that they deemed safe. Now here they all were, in a hotel room with no idea how they got in their current position.

Before anyone could audible answer Ezra, Wattson strutted through the door of the girls room, paraphrasing the red head's question on what to do. As Mare questioned the older gentleman on lurking outside their room he quickly put suspicions aside tell the four of them of a task he wanted to discuss. Though the discussion didn't really take flight since Wattson decided to ground it until morning. It was probably a good idea though to wait since it was more than clear that they were all worn out, in need of a good sleep.

Just as quickly as he came, Wattson was gone again, but not before telling Ezra to head off to the boys room. Mare was quick to jump on the idea of going to bed, stating that she'd be in the bathroom.
Guess I'll go shower once Mare's done in there. I'll just make sure to wake up early enough to go use the laundry room so that I'm not keeping them from going to bed. Whimsy watched Mare as she disappeared into the bathroom, then her eyes shifted to Ezra, "I guess this is goodnight. Unless you want someone to walk you to your room, I'm sure Jay would love t-" she was cut off by a flick to her forehead curtesy of Jay which also caused her to wince. "You can walk him if you want, I'm going to get the pull out bed ready for you to go to bed." With that Jay stood up with a grunt, dropping his illusion as he went over to the couch to make up the pull out bed.

Whimsy couldn't help but to chuckle nervously, hand covering her forehead for a moment. He hadn't flicked her hard so it didn't hurt too much. "Are you going to be alright for the night though," she asked Ezra as she stood up from her seat and moved towards the door to let him out.

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist BackSet BackSet
Mentions: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta|Sleep The Problems Away
Now, I think I have an answer to the question of what's next. I have a task for you, should you choose to accept it. However, I don't think I should explain it now. You're all much to tired for that. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. You should get some sleep. Ezra, you should head over to the boy's room. Wally's already asleep in there. Good night.
Gracia yawned and once again wiped her eyes and sighed. 'Today has been a long day,' she thought to herself, 'hopefully tomorrow won't be as strenuous.' She added to her thoughts - intending to go straight to sleep, but she figured she'd might as well sort her own clothes out and get into something a bit more comfortable to sleep in. Given a period of time, she had done just that, her clothes she had been wearing all fresh and ready for tomorrow and Gracia herself had coated herself in something a 'lot' more comfortable to nap within (yet she kept her 'horn' within her hair, personal item and personal reasons), before finally going face-first into the same bed, again, and then sliding on into it. Right to sleep she goes, no questions asked. 'OK Gracia, other things are going to happen tomorrow, you just need to wait for them and what they are.' She thought to herself before she nodded off within minutes, seconds even. Fast asleep. Here's hoping it takes her mind off of the incident she and the others were caught in the midst of... What a mess indeed.

Nearby: BackSet BackSet , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , Arcanist Arcanist

Last edited:
Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Room 612| Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) |

Ezra, still being that tad bit jerky after the attack, flinched at the sound of the door suddenly opening, though, was relieved to see it was just Wattson and not some goon from earlier. He was thinking along the same lines as Mare's question, though, didn't think to expand with his own concerns, seeing as Wattson had hastily moved onto a proposal for all of them. Though, he had dangled it in front of them as if it was a poffin to lure them in, before he retracted it, and said he'd explain more in the morning. At Wattson's suggestion, he nodded, rubbing at the back of his neck. Ezra had probably overstayed his time here for long enough. Once Wattson left the room, he rose to his feet, bringing his arm to his mouth as he yawned. He'd be thankful once his head hit a pillow.

When Whimsy had turned to him, at first assuming it was a goodnight between all of them, and then suggesting if he needed someone to walk him down to his room, Jay would be happy to do it. Until Jay flicked her forehead, which looked as if it would have stung for a moment, and told her it would be her to do that, seeing as he would be busy with the pull-out bed. Ezra was about to refuse the offer outright, though, he remembered he had flinched at a door opening of all things. He smiled a little as he slung his back over his shoulder. "A bit of company going there wouldn't go amiss. If you don't mind, that is," he added.

Ezra then made his way to the door too - though, not without a quick goodnight to Jay, and to Gracia. Mind you, he realised when she made no reply, she was out like a sleeping Ampharos's orb. He would have said goodnight to Mare too, but she had made it to the bathroom before he could think of doing it. He wasn't too eager to disturb her time alone in there.

Ezra turned back to Whimsy and he gave her a nod. "Yeah, I should be fine. Wally's there, so, I'm not stuck in the room on my own at least." It was a bit of a comfort, even if Wally were to sleep the entire way through the night and not make conversation with Ezra. Staying alone in a hotel room with those people still out there unsettled him greatly. But he tried his best to mask that. "The room's on the next floor below. 50...7, I think." He finalised, waiting on Whimsy to step out into the hallway too, before they both set off towards what had been appropriately dubbed 'the boys' room'.

A smile formed on the girl's face as Ezra mentioned not minding the company. So without saying another word she snatched a room key from the counter by the door and slipped out with him. But not before whispering loudly, "I'll be back in a few minutes," into the room before the door closed. With the room key now in her back pocket Whimsy smiled up towards the red head, "So room 507 you say? Let's get a move on so that you don't walk in on a sleeping Wally." With that Whimsy started head down the hall towards the elevator, a bounce in each step she took.

"I'm going to be honest with you, I'm glad to be away from Jay for a moment," she snickered, "You probably didn't hear him yelling at the Pokémon Center. But after today he's going to be a lot more clingy than he normally is. At least he's letting out of his sight for even five minutes." As the two of them approached the elevator Whimsy glanced up towards Ezra. "How's Hoots and Tick doing?" She had been worried about his Pokémon since they got to safety, but never had the chance to ask him since being here if they're feeling better.

Mentions: BackSet BackSet BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Room 612| Interaction: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: ( BackSet BackSet ), ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) |

Ezra couldn't help but chuckle at that, sticking both his hands into his trouser pockets. "He means well. It's kinda nice to see how much he cares for you, even if it does come off as clingy sometimes," he smiled, knowing that their bond to one another must have been strong. It made him wonder how long the two had been travelling together for - though, he didn't think to pry into such personal details.

The young Researcher glanced to Whimsy as he pushed a button for the elevator, waiting for it to arrive. "Oh, yeah, they're a lot better now." He smiled, some relief behind his eyes as he said it. "Hoots took the fight harder than Tick did. She doesn't battle too often anymore, not since she evolved. I think she only acquired a taste for it when she was my only Pokémon." He chuckled a little, thinking back to their earlier days of when Ezra actually managed to travel further afield from his home.

Once the elevator arrived, he stepped inside, pressing the button to take him to the floor just below, before the doors finally closed. He was silent for a few moments as the elevator began taking them down, though, eventually turned to Whimsy to ask after her. "Does your arm still hurt as much? I know it got patched up in the Center, but I wouldn't be surprised if it still stings."

Whimsy couldn't help but to chuckle at Ezra's comment. He wasn't wrong, despite only being together a year the two were very close to one another. She had actually found Jay in one of Kalos' many alleyways when she was a bit younger and when he was a Zorua. Between going to school, heading to the music shop, and home she'd stop by to check on him. Usually spending a few minutes each day to talk to him, even though he didn't really talk, and give him snacks from her lunch box. When she managed to become a "beginning trainer" of sorts he was the first Pokémon that came to mind as a partner. He had heard all of Whimsy's woes when her dreams were crushed, and even got to witness her home life after he was captured. It was hard for Jay to not feel bad for the girl. So he made it his own personal vow to make sure she got to do what made her happy. Even if that meant they ran away from home. I love him though, clingy and all.

Stopping in front of the elevator Whimsy turned her gaze up to the boy as he pushed the button to go down. Listening to him speak of how his Pokémon were feeling now. "I'm glad they're both doing alright," she said with a slight sigh of relief. When he spoke of Hoots not being much of a fighter Whimsy nodded her head slowly in response. Then a thought came to mind, "You know what," soon she couldn't contain her snickering, "Your relationship with Hoots is kinda like a sibling relationship. She loves you and will protect you when she has to, but at the same time you bug her like a little brother." Whimsy's snickering went on for a few more seconds before she settled down, smiling as she rubbed the back of her head. "Sorry, just a hunch."

A high pitched bell sound emanated from the elevator as it arrived on their floors. After the doors opened up she followed Ezra inside. By now she hadn't settled down and stood beside him. Right hand on her left arm, just below her bandages. The silence was broken a few seconds later as Ezra asked how her arm is. "Oh this?" Letting her right hand drop back to her side Whimsy lifted her left arm up a bit for him to see, "It feels better than earlier, but yeah, it does sting a bit. At least I know it won't get infected."

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Room 612| Interaction: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: N/A |

Ezra had thought on Whimsy's comment of his relationship to Hoots being like that of two siblings, and he couldn't help but laugh to himself about it. That much was true - Hoots was something of a sibling that Ezra never had. As a Hoothoot, Ezra was the older sibling and mentor, though, once she evolved into a Noctowl, she changed to that of a no-nonsense Pokémon who tried to keep Ezra from sticking his foot in it most of the time. But he was grateful for it, to at least feel as if someone was looking out for him. "No, I'd say you're right about that kind of dynamic," Ezra admitted, sticking his hands in his pockets. "Someone has to keep me from going off topic sometimes."

As they stepped out from the elevators and into the hallway, he listened to Whimsy explain how her arm actually felt much better than before it got treated. Ezra smiled and he nodded. "That's good. I guess that Chansey patched you up well." He could feel literally every fact he had about Chanceys on the tip of his tongue, just waiting to be released on this poor girl, and he tried his hardest not to spew something, but it ended up coming out anyway. He just tried to fit it as best as he could into the conversation so it didn't seem like such an assortment of random facts. "I mean, Chanseys are incredibly kindhearted. Probably why a lot of Centers have them there. One of them tried to share its egg with my Swoobat once when I took him to a center once. Apparently they do that quite a lot..." Ezra managed to stop himself there, looking to Whimsy sheepishly. "But, uh...yeah. I'm glad that wound isn't giving you major trouble anyway."

They had walked further down the hall, until Ezra found a door with the numbers five, zero, and seven on it. "Guess this is the room..." He pointed out the obvious, before the red-haired youth turned to Whimsy, smiling. "Thanks for walking me down. And for getting us out of the mall today..." He paused for a moment, thinking he had forgotten something. "Oh! And for the money too. You really didn't have to do that," Ezra smiled, and he chuckled a little. "I kind of owe you a big deal. I'll give back somehow."

The elevator came to a stop after Whimsy had show her arm to Ezra to take a glimpse at the bandages. A high pitched ding, similar to when the elevator arrived on the floor above them, was an indicator that they had arrived on the floor where Ezra would be staying for the night. When they stepped out Whimsy nodded her head in agreement about how well Chansey had patched her up. Probably after working in the Center for so long she picked up on how to do first aid. But as they wondered down the hall there was a bit of silence; however, that was until she caught the professor in training on the verge of a knowledge rant. Though as he released a bit of information that couldn't be held back Whimsy couldn't help but to smile, and snicker. She found his little tangents so far to be rather amusing. Probably because the only people she had met that were this smart were teachers. How Ezra went about it though was not really much of a "forcing the information down ones throat" like a teacher as it was "Hey did you know!?" type of thing kids did when they got excited about something they knew. "I'm glad too," she replied after hearing him shyly mentioning how he was glad her arm was ok.

After the two approached the door of Ezra's hotel room Whimsy smiled,
"I guess it is." When Ezra started thanking her for what she had done today, from getting them all out of the mall to giving him money, Whimsy's cheeks started to get red in embarrassment. "It's no big deal Ezra, really. I'm just glad you, Mare and Gracia are all ok; and that you won't be afraid of going hungry for a while," her voice having grown sheepish now since she wasn't use to being thanked by a person so much. Hearing him talk about how he owes her for what she's done caused the girl to shake her head in protest. "You don't owe me anything Ezra. Promise."

Before he had the chance to say anything else, Whimsy placed her hand on his left shoulder and smiled, cheeks still a visual proof of her embarrassment. "Goodnight Ezra. I'll see you in the morning, alright." She gave Ezra's shoulder a gentle pat before pulling her hand away from him. With that she turned and walked back in the direction of the elevator.

Pressing the button to go up the blue eyed teen waited only a handful of seconds before the elevator arrived, doors hissing open to allow her entry. Stepping inside Whimsy turned around and hit the button for her floor and the one that closed the doors. The elevator jerked a bit before progressively becoming smoother as it was pulled up to the next floor. Once it stopped and the doors had opened Whimsy quietly made her way down the hall until coming upon her room. Unlocking the door with her room key before slinking into the room, making sure to close the door as quietly as possible. With the door now shut the girl tiptoed over towards the pull out couch where her bags were laying at the perimeter. After a bit of digging Whimsy found clean articles of clothing to wear for tonight, an oversized yellow sweatshirt, along with her toiletries, slipping into the bathroom with them now in hand.

Fifteen minutes went by before Whimsy emerged from the bathroom, trying her best to not wake the others, and made her way to where she'd be sleeping. Jay was sitting up in bed having chosen to wait for his trainer to return before he himself went to sleep. While she had walked Ezra down he had found extra pillows and blankets in the tiny closet near the bathroom and used them to make up the bed. Whimsy crawled in beside the Zoroark, pulling her covers up almost over both of their heads, and burying her face in his mane. Only then was she finally able to fall asleep.

Mentions: BackSet BackSet BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Room 612| Interaction: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: N/A |

Ezra smiled softly when she was simply glad that they all made it out in mostly one peace. And even though he nodded and acknowledged her insistence he didn't owe her a thing, he still felt that deep down, he'd at least pay her back in some small way. It didn't feel right to him if he didn't. Though, judging by how red her face had gotten, maybe he had thanked her just a little too much. He'd know not to do that as much in future. Mind you, he said that about his encyclopedia lectures, and look where that often got him. Before he could think of saying anything else, Whimsy clamped a hand on his shoulder, which he hadn't seen coming.

Nonetheless, he smiled as Whimsy pat his shoulder and wished him a goodnight. He stood there for a few moments as Whimsy pulled away and turned, before calling the same after her. "Goodnight. Hope you sleep okay." Though, he wondered if that was even the right thing to say, given the difficulty people might have sleeping on this night. He shook his head as he reached into his pockets for his keycard. He was probably just overthinking it.

Once he found the keycard, Ezra slotted it into the lock of the door, which flashed an illumonous emerald before an unlocking mechanism was heard. He opened the door with caution, knowing that Wally was probably already inside getting some rest. He closed the door just as carefully, before he ventured tentatively into the room. Finding the far bed was unoccupied, he dropped his bag onto the bed as he fished through it for some pyjamas, inadvertently pulling out that Slowpoke plush he always had on hand.

Once he was sorted for bed, Ezra crawled under the covers, attempting to get comfortable. And, for the first time in quite awhile, he brought that weathered plush to bed with him, gripping it as he stared at the dark walls until he finally fell asleep.

Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2011
Time: 9: 21 AM
Music Box: Slateport City

*yawwwn*

Mare stretched and yawned as she walked down the street, away from the Wingull Hotel. When Mare woke up she, along with the others, had found a note from Wattson taped to the door telling them that he was on PR damage control over at Mauville and that he'd call them when he could. The note had then gone on to say that the group should take a day to have fun in the city after yesterday's ordeal. Mare was kind of upset at this because she wanted to know what Wattson's mission for them was but she also definitely needed some time to relax so she couldn't complain.

Mare didn't actually know where she was going. She was really just on a walk. Just hanging out and taking in the sights. Maybe she'd stop by the market and see if they had any foods she'd never tried. And speaking of food, or rather, Pokemon who liked food, Mare realized that she should probably release her Pokemon and let them stretch their legs.

The moment he was out of his ball Fiji exclaimed, "Wow Yu! You evolved! Amazing!"

"Lucky." Queen muttered.

P just nodded.

As Mare listened to her Pokemon banter she noticed a crowd gather around a familiar red and gold building. All of them were shouting about someone named Lisia. It was all terribly familiar. And by terribly familiar, she meant "literally just happened a few weeks ago."

<Crap.>

Mentions: Arcanist Arcanist BoltBeam BoltBeam Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back