• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best: Hoenn [CLOSED]

Gracia Monuta|Evil Organisation

Gracia would follow Mare and notice the situation she's in. She chuckled, not seeming the slightest bit angry yet - though this could be subject to change. "Hello, hello!" She said innocently to the grunt now cornering her friend, her beloved Hydreigon looming over her. "I'd greatly suggest getting out of the way, but it looks like you don't wanna do that! Hydra! Give that Numel a Tri Attack!" She commanded. The Hydreigon laughed with all 3 heads as balls of fire, ice, and thunder were generated at each individual head and blasted into beams of the same energy at the Numel in question.

Interactions: BackSet BackSet
Mentions: None (I don't think)

Last edited:
Mare Birch
The Roof

latest
Mare was making sure everything was still in order when Gracia burst through the door and attacked the Numel, thoroughly knocking it out.

<Thanks for that but I had already taken care of it.> Mare said. She paused for a moment before realizeing that she was still speaking Kantonese. She quickly switched over to her still terrible Hoenian and cleared her throat. "Er, sorry. I switch to Kantonese when I'm angry and I forgot to switch back. Anyway, thanks for that but I had already taken care of it."

"No you haven't!" Said a voice. The second Magma Grunt that had been chasing Mare charged out of the stairwell and onto the roof behind Gracia. He turned to the grunt on the ground. "Get back up brother! We can't allow anyone to escape! The more hostages we have the less the police can do to us!"

The Grunt on the ground stood up and recalled his Numel. "Right! It's time for battle! You won't get away! Go Camerupt!" He whipped out a Pokeball and released a camerupt. Why hadn't he led with that?

The other grunt also whipped out a pokeball. He threw it in a curve. "Come on out Malemar!" Why did he have a Malamar? They weren't Hoenn Pokemon.

"Can I leave the Malemar to you?" Mare asked Gracia. "Cause I can't fight both and I think I've already got the Camerupt in the bag. Queen?"

Queen metaphorically stepped up to the plate, snarling. "I'll tear you to pieces."

"Just try." The Camerupt said menacingly.

"Alright, Queen you know what to do!"

Queen nodded and ran towards the Camerupt. As she ran she gained spectral wings. "Hidden power!"

Queen leaped and flapped the glowing white wings once, sending a barrage of feathers at the camerupt. The feathers battered the camerupt but didn't do much damage. They did seem to make it look angrier, though.

"Ha! Nice try!" The grunt shouted. "Camerupt, rock slide!"

Out of the volcanoes on the Camerupt's back fired a bombardment of rocks. The rocks arced through the air before coming down on top of Queen. Or so it seemed. Queen nimbly dodged the rocks one by one with all the grace of a trained fighter.

Interactions: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Last edited:
Ezra.jpgEzra Yew

Located: Mauville City - Rooftop| Interaction: Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | Mentions: Sam ( iWriteAboutNothing iWriteAboutNothing ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | ♫ : vs. Aqua/Magma Grunts! |

Even in Hoots's slightly more mature age, she was dodging the Golbat's attacks as much as she was able to. Ezra had been trying to assess his next move, what he could have her do without putting her in the most extreme danger. He was about to give Hoots another command, only, he paused at the shouting of...Kantonese? Hardly anyone spoke that this side of the region, other than tourists from Johto or Kanto, and of course, himself. Though, he blinked, recognising the voice speaking it. Ezra peeled his eyes away from the battle to the stairwell, noticing Magma Grunts grappling with a girl, a red and white ribbon tied around her hair. That ribbon...he had seen it a few times before. Incredibly hard to miss, and its owner...

"M-Mare?!" Ezra couldn't help but exclaim, frozen as he watched her struggle more with the Grunts, before a Poochyena sunk its teeth into one of the Grunt's feet. The two apparently had no problem taking him down, for Mare had delivered a blow to his jaw that signalled a hefty medical bill. Ezra shuddered. Still as intimidating as ever...

"Drac, Confuse Ray!"

Ezra was snapped back to the present moment, and the battle he had almost forgotten about. In a fluster, he shouted, "H-Hoots, dodge it!" Ezra could do nothing as he watched a ray of golden light circle Hoots's head, her beady eyes following it before she swayed, her eyes dimming. "Oh, no...Hoots, come on! Snap out of it!" He cried in desperation, hearing the vicious laughter of the Magma Grunt across from them. He clenched his fists. There was only one other move Hoots could use to really give this Golbat a run for its money...but it was a gamble at best with Hoots now inflicted with Confusion. Ezra grit his teeth, before he commanded, "Hoots, power up your Sky Attack!"

Despite the odds looking dreadfully low for Hoots, she managed to listen to catch Ezra's command, letting out a long hooting. The Noctowl's body was suddenly coated in a brilliant white light, one causing the Golbat and the Grunt, and Ezra, to shield their eyes. By the time the Golbat's eyes had even adjusted to the sudden change of lighting, Hoots had swooped right into the Golbat, sending it spiralling and knocking into the Grunt. The two were knocked to the ground, clearly knocked out cold.

Ezra couldn't help but laugh in pure relief, running over to his still very much dazed Hoots. "You did it! I knew you had it in you, Hoots!" The Noctowl returned the comment with a slurred, "Hooo~..." before she landed on her talons, swaying. Of course, she'd still be under the effects of her confusion.

Ezra's attention shifted to the blonde girl, who had been calling his name. He blinked at her request for information on the strength of her Ghost's psychic ability and Jay's illusion ability. Though, as he was gathering the information he had stored in his brain for some convuluted use in the future, he couldn't help but watch on in horror at the scenes in front of him. Whimsy being smacked to the ground, the violent tussling between the Mightyena and Jay. He would have sent Hoots around to help, but she swayed and chirped in that slurred manner still. Grabbing Hoots's Pokéball from his bag, he reluctantly told her, "Hoots, time out!" Once she was stored safely inside her ball, Ezra rushed over to Whimsy; though, she managed to find her feet again and got back into the swing of the battle, with Jay pulling off the most extraordinary moves. When she glanced over to him worriedly, he just tried to give her a reassured smile. She would have asked if she was okay, but they hadn't time for that. Not with Ezra finding that information stored in the back of his head.

"Alright! Ghost's area of influence is pretty high, meaning her Psychic abilities should reach hundreds of feet! Jay should be able to create illusions of almost anything - to the point it could change landscapes around us or even make it look as if he's using a move! Both of those should be enough to help us book it out of here!" Or, at least, Ezra hoped that would be the case. If not, his other Pokémon would be making an appearance to try and bust them out. He couldn't help but glance over at Sam worriedly, wondering how he was handling things. His eyes even gravitated towards Mare, and another girl, who were both battling other Magma Grunts. Maybe all five of them could get out should Whimsy's Pokémon create a good enough distraction...

Last edited:
Looking up at Ezra as she got to her feet, rubbing the blood away from her nose again. Seeing the boy's smile gave her a feeling of relief, "I'm glad that you don't look like me right now," she chuckled softly. Though as Ezra dived straight into the information she needed Whimsy nodded understandingly. That was just what she was looking for! Snatching her bag from nearby the girl looked around at their surroundings. People battling the grunts and others trying to get away with the help of flying or psychic Pokémon. Glad that people were able to get away, but not so glad as grunts were slowly closing in on the five trainers.

"I have an idea than to get out of here," blue eyes narrowed in determination as she smiled up at Ezra, "Jay can use his illusions just like you said to create a diversion! A large one that will not only strike temporary fear into them, but will be enough to get us out! While he does that Ghost can use his psychic powers to get everyone who doesn't have a flying type, or anything with usable wings, or a psychic type out of here! We just have to get the attention of those two girls. But I think the one with the Hydreigon has her own way out, and you have Hoots if she isn't too badly injured," Whimsy shook her head as she started getting off track, "Not the point! But the point is that they need to know of the plan and get ready to go!"

Jay growled as he watched the Team Magma and Team Aqua grunts slowly getting closer to them. His growls drew Whimsy's attention to the closing distance. "Jay use Flamethrower to slow them down!" The Zoroark opened his mouth, firing a Flamethrower at the ground between them and the grunts. This would keep them at bay and give Jay enough time to prepare a grand illusion.

Whimsy rubbed her nose once more, blood stopped and what was left now dried. Then without saying another word she grabbed Ghost's Poke Ball and released him from it. Holding the psychic kitten in her arms she smiled softly at him,
"Alright Ghost, I need you to be ready to get us out of here as soon as I give a signal. You're a strong little fella, I know you can do it!" The pep talk seemed to have encouraged the Espurr as he purred loudly. Whimsy grinned as she turned her attention towards her Zoroark. He knew what to do, and just how he was going to do it. But for now he waited for the trainers to get together so they could all escape hopefully without serious injuries.

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist
Mentions: iWriteAboutNothing iWriteAboutNothing BackSet BackSet BoltBeam BoltBeam

Gracia Monuta|The Squid

"Can I leave the Malemar to you?"
Gracia chuckled. "You bet! Time out, Hydra!" Gracia returned her Hydreigon to her Pokeball for a more favourable match up in it's place. "Ignis! You're in!" Gracia opened a different Pokeball to release her Pokemon of choice this time - a Larvesta. Bug types will eat Malamar for breakfast! Gracia knew this. "Ignis! Hard and fast, buddy! Flame Charge!" The Larvesta set itself ablaze and began charging at the Malamar, coated in flames.

Interactions: BackSet BackSet
Mentions: None

(Still not used to this dice thing... Let's just go with that 4, shall we... My bad...)

Mare Birch
Battling

latest
Mare was a bit shocked to hear someone with a vaguely familiar voice shouting her name. Having the advantage of her Pokemon not needing direction, she took the time to look over at who was yelling and why their voice sounded familiar. Sure enough Mare recognized the speaker... barely. Ezra Yew, her Uncle's protege and yet another Pokemon Researcher with a tree based surname. She had met him a few times when she was younger (not that much younger but still) and remembered that he had a habit of rambling about his research or whatever. That was... about it really.

Behind her, Mare heard a howl and then something hit her leg. She looked down. Apparently Queen had been knocked away by the Camerupt. And she wasn't looking to good. Queen stood shakily, breathing heavily.

"I'll... take you... down." She said, barely able to fit words between breaths.

Mare disapproved. "Oh no you won't." She said sternly. "You are in no condition to fight. Return." Mare whipped out Queen's pokeball and sucked her back in before she could protest. Mare then proceeded to mentally try to figure out her next move.

Okay, Queen's too weak to fight anymore and there's no use using Fiji or P. They'll just get knocked out by whatever fire attack that Camerupt uses. That just leaves... Yu. But... she won't really be much use... except... she doesn't have very many weaknesses. At the very least she can buy me time to escape. Ugh. I wish I had gone with the Malamar.

Mare unhooked Yu's Pokeball from her belt. "Alright Yu, help me out!" She shouted, releasing the Raccoon Pokemon from her ball.

"What are we up against?" Yu asked the moment she was out of her ball.

Mare pointed at the Camerupt. "Er... that."

Yu's hair stood on end and she turned to look at Mare like she was crazy. "Are you insane! Are you trying to get us killed!"

"Look, I know this isn't the best of situations but I just need you to buy me time."

Yu looked incredulous. "Buy you time! For what!"

Mare rubbed the back of her head. "I'm working on it."

"Stop with your tea party little girl!" The Grunt jeered. "Fight me with your pathetic Pokemon. I can't believe I'm fighting a Zigzagoon."

"This Zigzagoon is going to kick your Camerupt's <ass!> Mare shouted. I hope. She added on in her head.

Yu sighed. "Alright. Let's do this." She ran towards the Camerupt in the familiar zigzag style of all Zigzagoons, jumped into the air, and landed right in front of it. "Double Team!" She shouted.

A little over a dozen copies of Yu suddenly surrounded the Camerupt. "Let's go! Run!" The copies began running circles around the Camerupt, literally. In according to normal logic, this made the Camerupt very dizzy as it tried to follow the original. "Fire Pin Missile!" All of the clones suddenly skidded to a stop and turned to face their opponent, their tails forming into thousands of tiny pins whoch fired off. All of them went through the Camerupt.

"What the- where's the original!" The Camerupt shouted in confusion as the clones dissipated into mist.

"Right here!" Yu shouted, soaring through the air. While the Camerupt was confused (the mental state not the status condition), Yu had seperated herself from the clones and ran to Mare who she then proceeded to use as a spring board.

"Tackle!" Yu did a flip in midair and aimed her head straight at the Camerupt's. Direct hit. It sent the Camerupt staggering back. It made Yu a bit dizzy too, given that she had literally used her head. As she staggers back she began glowing. Mare really hoped that was what she thought it was and not some ability the Camerupt had.

It appeared that is was as Yu's form seemed to change and elongate. The glowing faded and Yu stood there as a completely different Pokemon.

"Alright you evolved!" Mare shouted, fist pumping. She whipped out her Pokedex. "And you learned a new move. Headbutt, eh?"

"Who cares!" The Magma Grunt shouted. "It's still com mon cannon fodder!"

Man this guy was irritating.

Mentioned: Arcanist Arcanist
Kicking the butt of: an unnamed Magma Grunt

Last edited:
Gracia Monuta|Against The Malamar

Gracia and her Larvesta (Ignis) stared down at this beastly Malamar. How the heck a Magma Grunt got their hands on this is beyond her, but oh well! It's a hurdle to overcome, and overcome it she shall! She had already ordered her Larvesta to use Flame Charge. The grunt on the other hand shouted out the following command. "Malamar, use Peck!" He had called out. Who's Malamar uses or even remembers Peck?! Who, what, and why?! Well, aparrently the Grunts of a criminal organisation!

The Malamar was fast enough to use Peck on the Larvesta before it would go into Flame Charge, somehow landing a hit on it and thus speeding up. It wasn't quite fast enough to surpass the Malamar in the speed department, so a subsequent command of the same words.
"Malamar, use Peck! Again!" The grunt commanded. Gracia groaned. "Ignis! Flame Charge again!" She commanded, her Larvesta coating itself in fire again as it tanked another Peck from the Malamar, the heat spreading.

Flame Body had activated, burning the Malamar and also sapping half of it's physical power, along with a slither of stamina every few seconds. The Larvesta would take this opportunity to Flame Charge the Malamar right then and there - landing a hit and now faster than the Malamar from hence forth. This was going just about as expected! ...Except was it? Her Larvesta seemed to be wavering, being a fragile species. Gracia sighed. It was all or nothing! This Malamar had been hitting fairly strong, but with the burn on it, it may just be possible to beat it. Her Larvesta, thanks to the Flame Charges, is now faster than it, but has already taken major damage.

Now, the Malamar withers from the burn that it had just taken. Perks of being faster, Gracia strikes first.
"Bug Bite!" She commands, her Larvesta scuttling along at an alarmingly fast speed across the ground and tries to crunch on the Malamar's dozens of tentacles near the ground. "Dodge it, and then use Psycho Cut!" The grunt commanded their Malamar, the Malamar simply leaping into the air and turning upside-down to dodge the numerous bites and then slash the Larvesta from above with a crescent pink-purple energy wave. Dust was kicked up upon impact, Gracia's energetic look turning into a look of 'oh dear' as the smoke eventually cleared, revealing a downed Larvesta, defeated. "I-Ignis!" She said, sounding surprised. The Malamar took the burn damage in the mean time as Gracia sighed and recalled her defeated Larvesta, unsure how to react to this. She thought she had it. That probably would have done it. Alas, the Larvesta was too fragile. Maybe she should have thought about that...

Nearby: BackSet BackSet

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Mauville City - Rooftop | Interaction: Whimsy, ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Gracia/Grunt ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ), Mare ( BackSet BackSet ) | Mentions: Sam ( iWriteAboutNothing iWriteAboutNothing ) | ♫ : vs. Pokemon Researcher Ezra! |

Ezra fell silent as Whimsy explained her plan, of how to get out of here. He hummed to himself, pondering over the nuances of the plan. It could be tricky, especially with grabbing the others' attention and using such raw power for so many people...but then again, they weren't presented with a plethora of choices to pick from. Hoots would no doubt still be recovering, but by the time they would put this plan into action, Ezra hoped she would be up for at least flying him the hell out of here, and any others should it be needed. Regardless of his humming and pondering over such things, he gave a firm nod. "Keep doing what you're doing. Leave the other two to me!" He insisted, before Whimsy's attention was diverted to the snarling Mightyenas approaching her and Jay. He took the opportunity to back off, turn his attention to the fierce battling going on between Mare, Gracia, and the grunts.

The girl with the Larvesta seemed to find herself in a bind with the...Malamar? Certainly not native to Hoenn, but he had no time to think of Malamar trivia in such a time. He had to shield his eyes from the bright energy wave from the Pokémon's Psycho Cut, and once he had managed to get a good view on the battle once again, he noticed the Larvesta had fallen, completely wiped out from the move. The girl had frozen, clearly concerned and unable to think of what to do next. Ezra's fist clenched, a strong compulsion to jump in and take over rushing through his body.

Malamar's a Psychic/Dark type...so its weaknesses should be Fairy and Bug... Ezra's lips pursed in some thought. He didn't have a Fairy type...but he did have a reliable Bug type he could rely on. Reaching into his bag once again, he pulled out another Pokéball, thrusting his arm forward and launching it in front of him, before a Yanma appeared from the bright flash. He debated using his Bug Bite, but he had to stop that Malamar and the Grunt from causing any more damage. Ezra pointed towards the Malamar and shouted, "Tick, use your Quick Attack on that Malamar!"

It seemed Tick wasn't even about to question his trainer's orders, and so he flew forward towards the Malamar, his wings glowing a luminous white, building up its speed. Tick seemed to pass by Mare, Yu, and Gracia in a flash of white light, and torpedoed right into the Malamar at high velocity. Ezra couldn't help but fist pump at that, as if this was a normal trainer battle and they weren't trying to run for their lives from grunts. Which reminded him...

"You two! You gotta get out of there and over to Whimsy and Sam!" He pointed to the other two trainers battling it out with the Aqua Grunts, and Whimsy preparing to put her plan into action.

Last edited:
Gracia Monuta|A Change in Matters

The Malamar would be surprised by that Quick Attack from the Yanma, yet stay standing. The Grunt on the other hand did not seem to take it so lightly. "Psycho Cut!" They commanded the Malamar, of which slashed forward normally and a pink crescent of energy would fly towards the Yanma who challenged it. Thanks to the burn, it won't hurt as much, but...

"You two! You gotta get out of there and over to Whimsy and Sam!" He pointed to the other two trainers battling it out with the Aqua Grunts, and Whimsy preparing to put her plan into action.
Gracia would be confused. "Are you insane? I like the sacrifice, but what are you planning to do?!" Gracia couldn't understand. The way Ezra is making it sound is that they want to beat both the Camerupt and the Malamar alone. That sounds insane! She shook her head. "I'll go, but you two keep those two busy!" She said, referring to Ezra and Mare to keep the Magma Grunts down. She would shortly run on over to the Aqua Grunt side of things and prepare to at least do 'something' in this mess! For now, she stayed back and just watched all of this. What a mess! So much for shopping season.

Interactions: BackSet BackSet , Arcanist Arcanist
Nearby: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , iWriteAboutNothing iWriteAboutNothing

Whimsy watched Ezra as he ran towards Mare and Gracia, not knowing who either were, to get them to move over quickly. Turning her blue orbs towards her dark type the girl saw him expand the wall of fire that kept them and the grunts separated. When he looked back at her he limped over, growing exhausted the more he fought. Saddened by his condition Whimsy placed a hand on his cheek, "I know you're tired Jay, but I need you to pull off one of a big illusion," she muttered softly, "Without it they might get us.. We're all growing weak while their advances keep coming.. Please." The Zoroark looked his trainer in the eye, and smiled softly. He nodded his head in understanding, it was up to him to help get them out of here. Especially his trainer. Whimsy smiled softly as she dropped her tone to a whisper, "Awesome. Now, I have just the illusion we should use." Pointing up to the sky the girl recalled the legends of her region, the influence behind their grand scheme, "I want to make it seem as if Yveltal, the life thief itself, has come to steal the life of those around here. That should be enough to draw the attention away from us so we can escape. But the question is: Are you up for the task?" Jay grinned mischievously towards his trainer, "Ark!" It was a go.

"Ghost! Use Psychic to pick Sam up from over there and bring him closer to me!" The Espurr mewed as his eyes glowed blue, soon a blue light appeared around Sam's body. As it did the boy was lifted up of the ground by psychokinetic powers and brought closer to Whimsy where he was promptly set on the ground, gently of course. When she looked back at Ezra she could see that Gracia was withdrawing, but that the red haired boy and the girl with the ribbon were still duking it out with grunts from Team Magma. One of them had a Pokémon from her home region much to her surprise. How did he obtain a Malamar? No time for questions Whimsy! Only action, she thought to herself. Biting her lip embarrassed she glanced down at Ghost, "Could you get their attention buddy," the teen asked softly despite the Mightyena growls coming from the other side of the tall inferno wall. None were brave enough to jump through the fire, yet. But the Espurr nodded his head and used his Psychic to give a psychokinetic tug to both their shirts.

Without saying another word Whimsy looked at her Zoroark with an intensely determined face. Go time. Jay's eyes started to glow red as he started channeling his ability. This type illusion was going to be different than the kind he usually created.

In the clouds above them came an incredibly loud screech as a Y shaped shadow was casted down from the heavens high above the city and the airships. The figure flew across the sky, releasing a violet beam that scraped across the earth nearby. Everything the beam touched seemed to have the life sucked out of it and turned into stone. A screech once again ripping through the sky as the figure lowered itself into view. Flying before everyone was the Pokémon know for stealing the life energy of everything it comes into contact with, Yveltal. Or that was what they believed they were seeing. The "Yveltal" looked down at the city below it as if it had found new prey, brimming with life that it oh so desired. Opening its beak the Pokémon created an electrifying blue orb that shot out the violet beam once again. The beam dragged along the Earth once again, turning nature into stone, and even "hitting" an unoccupied corner of the city that was obliterated on impact. With one more screech it ascended back up above the airships and attacked the surrounding area around the city.

Whimsy couldn't help but smile on the inside as she watched her plan be put into motion. To everyone it looked as if one of the legendary trio of the Kalos region were here to feast upon the opportunity to gather life energy to renew itself and regain its powers. But Whimsy knew the truth. She knew that this was all a hoax, and no one would be none the wiser until they were long gone. "Alright Ghost! Your turn!" Ghost's eye glowed blue once again as he started using his psychic powers on Whimsy, Sam, Jay (who is too focused on keeping the illusion going to move on his own), and anyone else who was not prepared to flee in that moment. Picking them all up off the ground the group start floating (or flying with the help of their own Pokémon) towards the edge of Mauville's rooftop opposite of where the grunts were located.

With what seemed to be going on now around them was more than perfect to try and escape. They would be far too busy dealing with "Yveltal" that they wouldn't be able to keep up with the group and the threat of being turned into stone.

Interaction (& mentions) : Arcanist Arcanist BackSet BackSet BoltBeam BoltBeam iWriteAboutNothing iWriteAboutNothing

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Mauville City - Rooftop | Interaction: Gracia/Grunt ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | Mentions: Sam ( iWriteAboutNothing iWriteAboutNothing ), Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ) | ♫ : Get Moving! |

The Yanma barely dodged the attack - one wing had been caught by the cut and Tick was sent flying backwards. Though, it had managed to regain its balance, shaking itself as he buzzed rather irritably. Ezra breathed a silent sigh. He didn't need another companion of his suffering from battle.

Ezra's attention eventually turned to Gracia, who was confused by his sudden orders. Of course, Gracia, at first, had to protest to his insistence to get to Whimsy's side. He groaned. Just listen to me! He wanted to shout at her, but it wasn't the time for it, nor did they even have the time for him to explain it. He was about to painstakingly take her through the plan, only for her to finally agree with him - only, it was only her rushing off. Instead, that left Ezra in her place, alongside Mare in the process. So much for a smooth sailing out of here. He could only place the rest of his trust in Whimsy, Jay, and Ghost to carry out this plan. For now, he had to keep the Grunts distracted, ready Hoots once again to take flight and to get them out of here.

"Alright, Tick, show him your Double Team!" Ezra urged, rummaging in his back for Hoots's Pokéball to release her once again. The brief rest should have cleared her head, he hoped...

Tick zipped to one side, before two more Yanmas appeared. Then to the other side, as another two appeared. His zip from one side, to the other, up and down, to free space caused two more Yanmas to appear and cause mass confusion as to where the real Tick even was. It would buy them all time, at least until the plan was put into place.

Ezra soon realised Hoots from her ball, who raised her wings as if to protest to the Trainer for putting her away earlier, but he shook his head frantically. "Change of plan! I need you to fly us out of here when Jay over there starts his illusion!" She peered at him curiously for a moment, causing him to insist once again. "Just trust me on this!"

In the meantime, the Malamar and the Grunt were most likely having a frustrating time trying to pick out the right Yanma. That was, until their attentions would be diverted towards to 'Yveltal' having descended from the clouds and making its imprint on the roof - both by its shadow, and the shooting of its beam into some nearby structures. Ezra had to rub his eyes to take in the catastrophes happening in front of him. It looked...too real. Was that really the extent of a Zoroark's illusionary abilities? He'd have to look more into it later...

Yes, later! For Hoots was screeching at him to have Tick return to his ball and for the both of them to get moving. Ezra blinked before he gave an audible, "Oh!" and he thrust Tick's Pokéball towards the Yanma. "Return!" With a red flash and a click of his Pokéball, Tick was safely tucked away, and Ezra was straight over to Hoots, and onto her back. He knew his trusty companion would be able to lead him to safety - but being able to carry anyone else would prove to be a problem. Ezra struggled to focus on anything amongst the explosions and the shrieking of the 'Yveltal' bouncing in his head, but he eventually looked to Mare with some worry, wondering how she would get to safety if she was steal dealing with the Grunts. Though, it didn't seem to be long until several figures were surrounded by a purple wavering, floating up into the air and towards the roof. Ezra patted Hoots's back, yelling, "That's our cue! Let's go!"

Without hesitation, the Noctowl launched herself into the air, with Ezra gripping onto her feathers tightly, before following the others who were floating to safety. It was from his height they could see the apparent 'damage' that was being caused to Mauville, the panicking Grunts and figures below them fleeing or running around like headless Torchics. Imagine the devastation if this had been a real occurrence...

Mare Birch
Escape (hopefully)

latest
<Holy shit.> Mare whispered as she saw the illusionary legendary descend from the sky. That was scary. She really hoped it wasn't real.

"HOLY SHIT!!!" The magma grunt with the Cameruot yelled, recalling his Pokemon. He immediately absconded, running back down the stairs. Mare, meanwhile, bolted towards the girl with the Zoroark as Ezra had instructed, recalling her own Pokemon. In the middle lf this mad dash she found herself floating.

Please tell me this is the girl's doing. She thought. She didn't know who else could do it but still...

BOOM!!!

Oh no. The airships were firing on the Yveltal instead of the city now. Which meant that they were still technically firing on the city if they missed. Sure the grunts were running away but they weren't out of the woods yet.

MEANWHILE...

"AAAAAHH!!! FIRE ALL WEAPONS!!! FIRE ALL WEAPONS!!!" Archie shouted, causing Maxie to flinch. The appearence of the Legendary Bird Yveltal had shaken them both. But Maxie was more confused than scared. Yveltal? Here? Why?

"Hmmm..." Maxie hmm'd. Maxie pressed a button on his glasses that could apparently do anything and zoomed in on the Yveltal. It seemed to be very real but it also had all the telltale signs of "An illusion." Maxie said aloud. "Stop firing you idiot it's just an illusion!"

"What do you mean it's an illusion!" Archie shouted. "It's very real! It's a giant destruction bird!"

"No, it's not." Maxie said, exasperated. "It's just an illusion. I'll prove it."

Maxie set his all purpose glasses (they even make milkshakes) to infared vision and used that to track the illusion to it's source. There were only a few Pokemon with the power to make illusions. And even less who could produce an illusion of this magnitude. And, with everyone in Mauville running away from the scary monster pokemon, it was easy to pinpoint the place where it came from. That and also scientific gadgets (look, I'm too tired for expospeak okay).

Maxie pointed to a specific location. "Fire gatling gun there!"

The gatling gun then fired at our protagonists,

Last edited:
With the girls, and Jay, in Ghost's care the Espurr managed to get them off the roof and on the ground thanks to his psychic ability. Once their feet were firmly planted on the ground the psychic type's eyes went back to their normal lavender hue. Leaving the girls to no longer be engulfed in a blue light. Jay, on the other hand, collapsed to the ground as soon as he touched it. The Yveltal now faded into midair just as if it had appeared, even the mass amount of damage that the bringer of death seemed to have brought. Despite the ships having fired at the creature Jay had down his best to keep his illusion in areas that were much less populated so that they were firing at nothing. "Thank you," Whimsy murmured as she returned her Zoroark to his Poke Ball so that he may rest while they try to find a Pokémon Center away from this catastrophe.

But the group wasn't out of the woods yet it seemed. A sharp pain went through Whimsy's upper arm as a bullet grazed her.
"Light Screen!" Ghost gave a loud hiss as protective pink domes quickly formed over the girls and one around Ezra and Hoots. How did they figure out were we went!? She thought to herself, angry and confused as she quickly attached Jay's Poke Ball to her belt using the hand of her uninjured arm. In the moment Whimsy was more concerned for Ghost's safety and for the safety of those around her.

"We need to keep going," she stated rather loudly to them, "Keep running and don't look back!" Whimsy's blue orbs glanced down at the psychic kitten in her arms worriedly, scared that something would happen to him. "Could you possibly divert the bullets in some manner," Whimsy asked. It was a large stretch for sure, but they didn't seem to have many options. Especially with the threat of the grunts making it down to them. The Espurr looked up at his trainer, giving a sharp "Espurr," and nod of his head in response. While Ghost kept the Light Screen up, patching it with each crack it gained, he let some of his power move into Psychic once again. This time instead of making them float, he made the bullets fly off to the ground near them.

"Come on! Lets go!" With that Whimsy took off down the route (not sure which yet) away from Mauville, hoping the two girls were in tow along with Ezra, while Ghost kept doing what he was doing. The Light Screen was getting chipped away by the bullets as they kept hitting it here and there. But as they fled Whimsy allowed her Espurr to see just enough over her shoulder to let him aim his Psychic powers on that. Bullets hitting the ground next to them rather than piercing their bodies thanks to him.

When Whimsy felt that they had made it a good distance away, and out of sight of the airships, she let go of Ghost before doubling over. Her duffle bag hitting the ground as well while her guitar was still on her back in its case. Whimsy was panting, exhausted, over all out of breath, and in pain as the wound on her arm bled and stung from sweat. As the teen continued to stand there in the same position her Espurr looked up at her worried. Despite it all though Whimsy smiled,
"Hey.... I'm ok...…. Thank you, by the way... for getting us.. out of there," she panted. Though the psychic type was not thoroughly convinced by his trainer's words, and he was more than willing to do the opposite in that moment. Around him and Whimsy came another pink force field, Light Screen. All she could do was chuckle exhaustedly at his actions. If I don't look out he'll be Jay's second in command, she thought. The idea of Ghost evolving and acting more like Jay was a funny thing to think of.

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist BoltBeam BoltBeam BackSet BackSet

Gracia Monuta|Away From Here

Gracia looked to the group in visible bewilderment, first an illusion of whatever the heck that thing was (Yveltal, she thinks it's real - duh), a GATLING GUN, and now they need to run? No problem! ...Except it sort of is. At the moment though, she seemed a bit panic struck, not saying a word. She had of course ran off with the team, only to collapse when they stopped. "Eeeeugh... That'll be with me tomorrow, I tell you that now..." She said in a scared and groaning tone, managing to at least roll over onto her back and just look at the others then to the place they left - Mauville City, now over-ran by teams Aqua and Magma, and with a gatling gun on top! Yes, she's terrified. Who can blame her.

Interactions: BackSet BackSet , Arcanist Arcanist , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Outside Mauville City | Interaction: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Mare ( BackSet BackSet ) | Mentions: Sam ( iWriteAboutNothing iWriteAboutNothing ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ) | ♫ : Get Moving! / Goofball |

Mauville City was in absolute chaos. By the time Ezra and Hoots had gotten into the air, the airships had started firing at the 'Yvetal' tearing the city apart. Of course, the Noctowl had to do some amount of swerving here and there to avoid any incoming bullets, to which Ezra squeaked and only gripped on tighter to her feathers. "N-not so fast!" He pleaded with her; though, there wasn't a lot of choice with the cards that they had been dealt here. With Ezra's sense of direction and piloting skills, Hoots eventually landed gracefully onto the grass below beside Whimsy and the others, relieved to have gotten herself and her trainer out of that mess.

"Good job, Ho--" Though, Ezra never got to finish his sentence as he could hear the quick swoosh of bullets flying past them, or rather, at them. Miraculously, neither Hoots or Ezra were hit by the bullets before Ghost's handy Light Screen went up, shielding them. Ezra had a hard time discerning where the airships were and how they were managing to fire at them, but he hadn't much time to consider, with Whimsy urging each of them to run and keep running. Arceus, so much for waiting around quietly for his bike to get fixed. Great, he had to abandon his bike, now of all things. Really, the most minor thing he should be worried about.

Ezra wasn't entirely sure how long they were running for. The next thing he knew, when he no longer heard the firing of a Gatling gun and pumping off his blood against his ears, he landed on his knees, attempting to catch his breath too. "A-Arceus...I really...r-really...need to...get into...into shape..." He panted, a hand on his chest in an attempt to recover himself. Hoots landed beside him, and though she had rolled her eyes at his general state of unfitness, she seemed relieved that there was nothing much else wrong with him. Eventually, Ezra got back onto his feet, trying to get his head around the situation. "Who were those guys? Terrorists or something?" He asked, a pretty open question with a pretty obvious answer. His eyes trailed over everyone they had gathered, and he asked another question. "Is everyone okay?" Though, in looking over each of them, he noticed not all of them were exactly okay.

"Crap..." Ezra murmured, approaching Whimsy when he saw the graze on her arm, most likely from one of the bullets fired at them. It was bleeding, naturally, but Ezra hadn't a clue what to do in that moment, causing him to get somewhat flustered. "U-uh, it's fine! We'll fix that up! No problem!" He turned to the others and he looked at them helplessly. "Anyone know first aid? Wait, no, I think I do. No, I do, I just..." Ezra trailed off, digging himself a bigger hole than a Diglett could. He tapped his chin for a few moments, spinning on the spot, trying to find something that could help stop the bleeding. He glanced to Mare - who admittedly he should have said greeted and asked how she was doing, though, this hadn't been the time for it. His eyes widened, and he snapped his fingers, pointing to the fabric delicately tied around Mare's head.

"Mare! Your ribbon! Maybe we can use it to wrap around Whimsy's arm to stop the bleeding! Or maybe you have another ribbon we can use!" Ezra grinned, looking rather proud that he had come up with that idea on the spot. Though, Hoots wavered, shaking her head and chirping to herself. Asking Mare for her ribbon could be difficult, considering her love for them. Or, from what Hoots could remember anyway. She retained a lot more knowledge of people whilst Ezra was an encyclopedia for Pokémon. A weird partnership, and equally weird she had to point the boy in the right direction socially.

Mare Birch
Jesus Freaking Christ (or whatever the Pokemon equivalent is)

latest
When Mare hit the ground she hit it running. They were being shot at! They were being shot at! Why were they being shot at? Was this because of the Yveltal that had just dissapeared from above Mauville.

Miraculously, Mare wasn't hit. It might be because they appeared to be aiming at the girl with the Zoroark, who did get grazed by a bullet. Ouch. That has gotta sting.

Eventually, Mare collapsed from exhaustion. Thankfully, that was around the time everyone else collapsed from exhaustion so Mare wasn't left behind. Also thankfully the noise of the Mauville Terrorist Attack was much quieter meaning they were probably a safe distance away from it. Despite this, smoke could still be seen rising over the trees.

After a few minutes Ezra began asking questions inquiring as to who the people attacking Mauville were and if everyone was okay. Mare was about to answer that when Ezra noticed that the girl with the Zoroark, who Mare gathered was named Whimsy, was bleeding and promptly began panicing and looking for something to bind the wound. It did look pretty bad. But of course it did. It was a bullet wound, after all.

Eventually, after fretting about for a few moments, Ezra settled his eyes on Mare's ribbon. Mare knew what he was about to say before it even came out of his mouth and a slight glint of anger flared up in her eyes. The glint dissapeared as quickly as it had appeared, however, because this was for someone who was hurt. Even so she wasn't using her ribbon. At least, not the one she wore. Mare quickly digged into her bag and found her old contest costume. Without taking it out of the bag (no need to let people see it) she grabbed one of the extra pink ribbons from it and handed it to Ezra.

Handing a ribbon to: Arcanist Arcanist
Mentioned: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

"Please drop the Light Screen Ghost.. I'll be ok," the teen mumbled softly to her partner who reluctantly did as he was asked. Then without another word Whimsy withdrew his Poke Ball from her belt, pointed the capsule at him and recalled the Espurr, who vanished inside through a red beam. Once the Poke Ball was back on her belt Whimsy wanted to drop to her knees, but fought with herself to stay standing, even if she remained hunched over. Lifting her head up the blonde's blue eyes gazed over at Mare, Gracia, and Ezra, "Oh good," though tired her voice gaze away some relief, "None of you were hurt.... I'm glad," a grin on her face as she looked at them all.

Though as she saw Ezra start to panic she couldn't help but to raise a brow, surely it wasn't that bad. Glancing down at her arm Whimsy's eyes went wide in shock at actually seeing the damage that was done to her upper arm. Located around the middle of her bicep was a fleshy red indent from where the bullet had grazed her, but never truly entered her arm. The crimson tinted blood had, and still was, running out of the wound, dripping down her arm towards her finger tips due to gravity. Thus leaving her somewhat pale skin stained a bit with red streaks.
"Well that'll leave a nice scar once it heals," Whimsy murmured to herself. If the were to be honest with herself though, what had happened today was probably the most thrilling thing to have happened to her in her entire life! The feeling that their scenario was almost straight out of an action moving was quite riveting! All it needed was some killer music to make it an actually movie, and fake weapons of course, and well.. cameras.

Ezra's voice pulled her out of her thoughts as he started asking about first-aid, then Mare for her ribbon. Biting her lip Whimsy glanced between the two of them,
"Ezra, I don't know how I feel about taking Mare's accessories," she whispered loudly. Even though the two had just met, not formally of course, she could sense that the ribbon the girl adorned on her head was a prized possession. To her surprise, however, Whimsy watched as Mare pulled a pink ribbon out of her bag, handing it to Ezra so that he may tie it around her wound. Smiling softly towards the brunette Whimsy politely told her, "Thank you for this. I'll be sure to return the favor the next time you find a ribbon that catches your fancy." With that she stood up straight and moved over to Ezra so that he didn't have to come to her once the ribbon was in his hand.

As the group stood there Whimsy recalled a question Ezra had brought up, but hadn't gotten the answer for.
"Something tells me those guys are the Team Rocket of Hoenn, but not Team Rocket. They're two separate groups because not all of them wore the same uniform," she pointed out, "I'm not sure who they are, or what their purpose was or is. I just know that a bunch of people in matching costumes are always up to something. Why else would they voluntarily dress in such a ridiculous manner," a huff escaping her when she finished speaking. Whimsy looked towards the direction of Mauville with a frown as columns of smoke rose above the tree line, What a disaster, she thought to herself painfully. Looking around something in the distance caught her attention, "Hey? Do you guys know what that is," she asked while pointing towards what appeared to be a building the size of a small house. Their was no doors that lead inside, just a large gaping square entrance that faced the sea nearby.

Interaction: Arcanist Arcanist BackSet BackSet
Mentions: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Outside Mauville City | Interaction: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Mare ( BackSet BackSet ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )| Mentions: N/A |♫ - Route 110|

Ezra had learned of his mistake much later than his Noctowl when he could see the anger flash by in Mare's eyes. He had forgotten how...how would he have put it? Tetchy...angry...downright intimidating Mare actually could be? He would have backtracked and found something else to tend to Whimsy's wound with, though, he breathed a silent sigh of relief when Mare relented and handed him a pink ribbon. Rather harsh on the eye, what with its brightness, but it was better than letting the air attack any wounds.

He gave her a rather thankful - if not relieved - smile. He seemed to nod alongside Whimsy in agreement, before Ezra had attempted his best Nurse Joy imitation in wrapping up the wound. He was a Researcher, certainly no Nurse with qualified medical experience, but he at least made sure to learn basic first aid to patch up any cuts of his or his Pokémon's own. Though, this was much bigger than a Swailow scratch, but besides the point.

Ezra started wrapping the ribbon tentatively around the grazing. All the while, he fought back the urge to heave at the sight of blood trickling down her arm and the flesh that had been revealed. Definitely not a Nurse Joy. He finally replied, just to focus on something that wasn't Whimsy's war wound. "That's troubling. The last thing that Hoenn - or any other region needs, I suppose - is another Team Something-Or-Other." He had heard plenty of stories about Team Rocket as a child - when the terrorist organisation fell to an eleven year old, he was barely mastering the manoeuvring of his tricycle. Ezra had to chuckle at Whimsy's next comment though, lifting his spirit somewhat. "Something ridiculous about standing out, no doubt. Even though those airships and explosions certainly did that job for them..." Though, his mood had soured slightly again. He hoped no one else was injured during all of that, and that most of them could get out safely. Part of him felt awful for getting out of there, but he hadn't much of a choice. Anyone would have done the same, right?

Ezra just shook his head, trying to rid himself of such thoughts. Focusing on his shoddy handiwork managed to do that for him. Eventually, he straightened his back, tilting his head at the ribbon he had tied into a little bow...or was it multiple knots? "I think that's it," Ezra concluded, pouting as he continued to stare at the ribbon. Before he could pout even more at the knotty ribbon, his attention was drawn towards what was on the other end of Whimsy's pointing. He blinked as he stared at the building. It was a little weathered by harsh sea winds, but nothing to indicate that it was a decrepit building. Upon staring, he seemed to recognise the building.

"That's New Mauville," Ezra stated, folding his arms as he stared at the entrance. "It was meant to be an underground city with sixty-nine floors, apparently. The founder got the go-ahead for the project, though, once they realised the environment attracted multiple Magnemite and Voltorb, they abandoned it." He had paused after that. Though, there was this...realisation in his eyes as if he had just remembered something important.

Hoots recognised the look. And clearly, by the way she stared between Whimsy, Mare, and Gracia with a painstaking pleading in her sharp eyes, it wasn't a good look. But it seemed she was too late to give the warning, as Ezra already started spitting some information on the Pokémon, like the encyclopedia he loved to be.

"The not-so-funny thing about Magnemite and Voltorb is that they're attracted to electrical fields. Voltorb tend not to be a big problem if you avoid them - Magnemite are a little more tricky, since they'll try and eat up anything that has an electrical current, plus are extremely attracted to it. I can imagine they clash a lot with Voltorb, which makes for an interesting scenario, seeing as a Voltorb don't have the best of tempers I can imagine it's stressful sharing an environment...

Hoots cooed softly, covering her head with one wing and shaking it underneath it. The young man was completely oblivious. Ezra had gone off into a spiel about, how really, they needed more abandoned environments like this to lower the rate of Magnemite attacks on power plants. All whilst staring at the abandoned building.

Wally Crane (NPC)
*Heavy Breathing*

latest

"Come on! Come on!"

Wally was running out of breath. He was sure they had lost their pursuers a while back but he didn't want to take chances. He had to get to safety. Just a little bit longer. He could see the doors at the end. He ran straight into them. The doors didn't open. Wally tried again. Still nothing but he was pretty sure he would be feeling that in the morning.

"It won't budge!" Wally shouted.

Wattson, the electric type gym leader of Mauville City, stepped forward. "Of course it won't." He said. "It's made of solid steel. To open it you need my fingerprint and iris scan."

"Well, whatever you need to do, sir, do it quickly." Wally said. "They could catch up any minute."

"I doubt that." Wattson said jovially. "If the security system doesn't take care of them the magnemite will. Wahaha."

The cheerful electrifying man walked up to the scanner next to the door and finger print to it. This opened up a small camera that he put his eye close to so that the camera could scan it.

"Recognized: Wattson. Access: Granted." Said a computerized voice. The doors opened up.

Mare Birch
Still Alive

latest
Mare sat and listened as Whimsy answered Ezra's earlier question with some educated guesses. She sighed internally. Hoenn did not need it's own Team Rocket. She was lucky enough to be too young to remember the original back in Johto (too close to Kanto for comfort for some) she didn't need to experience it first hand.

When Whimsy got to the end of her answer everyone sat quietly for a few moments before Whimsy seemed to notice something a little ways off to the left. She pointed it out to everyone, inquiring as to what it was. Thankfully for nobody, Ezra appeared to have an answer. The result of his answer was a long tangent about... something. Mare lost interest about 10 seconds in. She turned to Ezra's Noctowl.

"Is he always like this?" She asked the owl pokemon.

Just then, a loud screeching sound rang out, causing Mare to jump.

"The hell was that!" She shouted. She looked towards the source of the noise, it seemed to come from New Mauville. Mare's hands went instinctively to her belt, ready to grab a Pokeball at a moments notice. But all that came out of the entrance was a familiar face.

"Wally?" Mare asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same of you." Said the green haired boy.

"What's this?" A man who Mare recognized from the signs as Wattson, Mauville's gym leader. "Are there people here? Are they Magma and Aqua? Do they want to fight?"

Gracia Monuta|The Situation

"Are there people here? Are they Magma and Aqua? Do they want to fight?"
Gracia sighed, rolling over to face them. "Yep, yep, maybe." She said, unsure what to make of it and still a fair bit shaken from the attack. She herself is being quiet about this whole mess - not wanting to force an escalation, maybe? For whatever reason it is, she's keeping her words to a minimal. She eventually sits up and looks up around her. So, these are two figures of some degree from Hoenn? Gracia hadn't met them until now, so she's not sure what to do or say - at all. She sighed. "Well, whatever they want, it seems they came for this place first... Not sure why, though..."She said after a mildly long period of silence, wanting to at least say what she 'does' know on this whole situation.

Interactions: BackSet BackSet (Wally, Wattson)
Nearby: Arcanist Arcanist (Ezra), Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 (Whimsy), BackSet BackSet (Mare)

While Ezra worked on her wound Whimsy decided to watch him work, wincing every now and then out of pain. Once she was patched up the teen looked up at the red head with a smile, "Thank you, that feels a bit better." Though as Ezra answered her question about the building near by Whimsy slowly nodded as she took in the information. An underground city? That seemed like it was a bit much, especially if it was supposed to have as many floors as the red head said. When he had paused in his speech the girl noticed movement out of the corner of her eye, turning her head to see Hoots. The owl Pokémon, who was just about the same height as Whimsy, seemed to be pleading with her and the other two girls, causing the blonde to raise a brow in confusion.

Just as she managed to figure out what Hoots was wanting them to prevent it was too late. Ezra was off to the races with his knowledge on the Pokémon that called New Mauville their home. From what he was saying there was no doubt that the relationship between the Magnemite and Voltorb would be so strained, it was almost sad that they couldn't live together peacefully. When her blue orbs landed on Hoots again Whimsy couldn't help but to giggle, leaning towards the avian a bit, "I have a feeling that his quirk annoys you a bit. But you've got to admit that it's rather cute to see him all happy in his element," her voice had dropped to a whisper as she gave the Noctowl a playful wink.

Though as she stood up straight there was a loud screeching sound that caused Whimsy to jump fearfully, soon clinging to Ezra's arm. After the events of today is was obvious the girl was still a bit jumpy, and with Jay still unable to battle she was left at a disadvantage strength wise. Following Mare's gaze she too looked towards New Mauville as the source of the noise. When it stopped the girl watched as a boy, near or around their age, walked out with an old man in tow.
"You know who this boy is?" Blue eyes now on Mare as she slowly started to let go of Ezra's arm since it seemed these two might be more friend than foe. But at Wattson's comment she quickly shook her head, "No no no! I don't think any of us are in the best shape to fight," her eyes quickly glanced towards Gracia after she made the comment of maybe fighting. It made Whimsy question the younger girl considering she was still laying on the ground, though she had at least rolled over onto her back, that way she wasn't face down in the dirty anymore.

Despite the feeling of some relief that Mare knew this boy, who she figure was Wally, she still didn't know who the older gentleman was. So she chose to stick next to Ezra and Hoots with a hand on her Emolga's Poke Ball in case she'd have to fight again.

Mentions:
BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ezra.jpg
Ezra Yew

Located: Outside New Mauville | Interaction: Whimsy ( Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 ), Mare, Wattson ( BackSet BackSet ), Gracia ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )| Mentions: N/A |♫ - Route 110 |

Hoots chirruped once more, shaking her head as a sign of irritation. Though, to Mare, it would definitely be heard as some form of a complaint. "All the time." She couldn't help but roll her eyes at Whimsy's comment - though, begrudgingly, as if she would admit that it was nice to see him so interested in his favourite past time. The Noctowl did wish he didn't have to recite it to her and to anyone with a pulse every day. She had always taken to a Roost quickly before he could start on her.

Though, any further thoughts to add to the conversation were brought to a halt when that ear-piercing screeching sounded out of nowhere. It sounds like steel assaulting steel from the Noctowl's keen ears. Though, it was just as loud for the others, most importantly Ezra who finally came out of his mini lecture. They all turned to the source - which came from the inside of New Mauville itself. Hoots seemed to rise into a much straighter stance, preparing herself for attacking if required.

Of course, Ezra had flinched at the sudden screeching himself, brought back to reality as he realised the sounds were coming from the building of New Mauville itself. Of course, his hand had began gravitating towards his bag to grab another one of his pals should things get a little hairy, but he felt something clamp onto his arm. Naturally, he jumped at the sudden hands-on action on his arm, believing it to have been one of those Faux-Rocket grunts that had managed to follow them, but he calmed somewhat at Whimsy gripping onto his arm instead. Somewhat, being the operative word, considering they had no idea what was coming out of New Mauville. He never questioned Whimsy's sudden latching on, probably because he was much more focused on who appeared.

Ezra didn't recognise the figure with greenish hair - who seemed acquainted with Mare in some manner - but who he did recognise was the normally jovial Wattson who had joined them. Upon his enquiries as to whether the grunts from earlier had been here with them, Ezra paused for a moment, his eyes gravitating towards his hair. He couldn't help pulling at the longer of his slicked up strands of hair, pondering whether the rather bright red had sparked such a thought. Though, he shook his head at that. He'd have to see a stream of blue somewhere to think that. Come to think of it, it was a silly thought all the same.

"Magma and Aqua? So, that's what those terrorists go by..." Ezra mumbled, rubbing his jaw as he changed his thought and returned to the present moment. "If you think we're with them, sir, you can breathe easy. A few us were stranded on different floors of the mall when they arrived," he explained. He was surprised it hadn't really hit him yet, what with how frightening it really was. Building on Gracia's remarks, he then commented, "If they're anything like Team Rocket or any other organisation, they were probably looking to steal supplies of some sort, or Pokémon..." Or worse, he wanted to add, though, he hesitated to. They did have a rather lucky escape after all.

Mare Birch
Outside New Mauville

latest
"Ah, it's just some youngsters." Wattson said. "Good, good. My Pokemon aren't in any shape for battling."

Wattson found the nearest rock and sat down. He looked glum, an unusual look on him since all the pictures in books and advertisements had him flashing a huge smile. When he heard Ezra's theory he sighed.

"I'm afraid it's worse than that. They were after something important... and they got it. The attack was just a distraction."

"What kind of distraction involves attacking a city full of innocent people!?" Mare shouted.

"The kind from Team Aqua and Team Magma." Wattson said grimly. "This is a mess. Mauville is my city. I built it with my own two hands."

Wally poked Wattson on the shoulder. "Sir, I don't mean to interrupt but you still haven't told me what the data they got is."

Mare looked at the two inquisitively. Data? The two groups had been after data?

Wattson stood up.
"Ah yes. The data. I did promise I'd tell you about that. But I'm not sure now is the time." He gestured at the group.

Wally nodded. "I see." He turned and walked up to the group of protagonists. "Hello. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Wally Crane. I am a pokemon trainer and student of Wattson Ampere. I have important, secret things to discuss with Mr. Crane. It would be kind of you to please move far enough away that you can't hear."

"Now hold on!" Mare said. "I don't plan on going anywhere! I want to know why I, and others, almost died in a terrorist attack!"

Gracia Monuta|Not Going Anywhere

Gracia heard what Mare said - and while mildly surprised, she nodded. "Yeah! What she said!" She said ferociously, not seeming in the mood for any shenanigans. "It wasn't so bad when it was just the grunts... Then they used a freaking gatling gun on us!" She added in the same tone, hoping she got the message across. She's not going anywhere - she and the others just got into safety out of harm's reach! Don't be ridiculous!

Interactions: BackSet BackSet (Mare, Wally, Wattson)
Nearby: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 (Whimsy), Arcanist Arcanist (Ezra)

"I'm sorry," Whimsy whispered to the boy beside her when she felt him jump. But by now she was no longer hanging onto his arm, though she stuck close to him just in case. As Wattson started to speaking the musician felt a pain in her heart as the man told them about why exactly the attack happened, and his saddening tale of the city he built being blasted into rubble. She couldn't but feel bad for him, for everyone really. Today's events would surely show up on national news. Perhaps it would also be shown on news stations in other regions. Whimsy gulped at the thought, no way was she going to let her parents know where she was or where she was going.

Wally's voice broke her out of her thoughts, along with Mare and Gracia's. It seemed that the boy wanted them to leave so he could be one of only two people to know the reasoning behind Mauville's destruction. Turning her gaze over towards Wally she narrowed her eyes some,
"I agree with the girls," the blonde chimed in, "I didn't risk my neck to protect them," gesturing to Ezra, Mare, and Gracia, "And buy time for a number of other people to be told by a little boy that he's going to be the only person to know why the city was attacked. I think WE deserve to know what's going on and why we risked our lives and freedom. And I will not be taking no, go away, or anything else along those lines as an answer." Whimsy crossed her arms when she finished her statement, which she hadn't really raised her voice to say, and just looked at both Wally and Wattson. Everyone else had stuck their necks out to get themselves out, and she could hear in their voices that Mare and Gracia were not going to take no for an answer either.

When things grew a bit quiet Whimsy glanced between Mare, Gracia, and Ezra, a small from forming on her face, "I want to apologize for the shooting though. If I hadn't thought up that 'brilliant' idea maybe you guys wouldn't be as shaken up and worn out as you all are." She felt bad for them getting caught in the cross-fire that was meant for her because they had nothing to do with it. Glancing towards her belt the teen plucked a Poke Ball from it, pressing the button before Ghost was out and about once again. But this time Whimsy just held him close, just as if she were a little kid holding a stuffed animal, smiling softly as the Espurr purred against the girl's chest. Lavender eyes looking around at the group.

Mentions: BoltBeam BoltBeam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back