• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best EX - Hoenn [CLOSED]

T
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A Pokemon RP with two concurrent storylines, one taking place in Kanto and one taking place in Hoenn.

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Mare Birch
Date: Friday March 25th, 2011
Time: 11:00 AM
Music Box: Mauville Food Court Theme

Mauville City had once been a small town with nothing of real interest aside from its gym. In fact, if it weren't for its gym then most trainers would pass the town by on their journey without a second thought. But in recent times, that's changed. The city has been industrialized and essentially been turned into a city-size mall, with shops on the lower levels and apartments on the upper levels.

There is a long and detailed description of the intricacies of Mauville's design and history that can be gotten into but sadly, it shall not be elaborated on as Mare does not care about it one bit. All she cares about, at the moment, is Mauville's Food Court. It had been a long and tedious journey from Slateport to Mauville and she was hungry.

After ordering food for her and her Pokemon, Mare went and sat down. She released her three Pokemon and carefully set their food on the floor. Fiji and Queen devoured theirs eagerly while Yu was more leisurely in her consumption.

Before Mare herself could dig in, she was interrupted by a rather pompous looking young man. "You there! I want that seat!"

"What?" Mare asked, baffled.

"I want that seat!" The pompous young man shouted. "As I am of higher status then you I insist that you move!"

Mare rubbed her chin. "Hmm... you Hoennians have an expression for situations like these but I can't seem to recall it." After a second or two she slammed her fist into her hand. "Aha! I remember now." Her voice turned bitter and angry. "Get lost!"

"How dare you!" The pompous young man shouted. "I shall battle you if I must!"

"You want a battle, huh?" Mare asked, balling her fist. "Fine, I'll give you a battle." Without another word her fist went flying and she hit him with an uppercut, knocking him to the floor. He quickly scrambled upwards, rubbing his jaw. It didn't seem to be broken (maybe next time) but it definitely hurt him.

"How dare you strike me!" He shouted.

Mare glared at him and held up her fist. She growled.

"Fine you can have the seat!" The pompous young man shouted, trying to put on a brave face. "I don't even care anyways." He bolted away as fast as he could.

The entire cafeteria was now staring at Mare. She shot as many people as she could a glare and a growl before sitting back down and beginning to eat.

Absollover77 Absollover77 , GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205 , MouseDuke MouseDuke

Time: 11:00 A.M.
Character: Jay Felix

Jay hummed as he looked at the map in his hands. He was slightly confused, as the map in his hands was about five years old if not more. A tug on his pantleg caused him to look down around the map. Slushy his faithful Glaceon companion was trying to get his attention. She made a few noises and looked at the food court. "Oh? Are you hungry Slushy? Okay..." The Glaceon made a happy cry and jumped around his legs before heading off toward the smell of food. While Jay stood there a moment longer before folding up the old map and putting it in his hoodie pocket and following after his icy friend inside.

Of course the moment he steps inside he sees a argument take place between a odd girl and some well dressed individual. He only caught the tail end of the conversation but it ended rather quickly with the girl glaring at everyone before starting to eat. It would probably be in his best interest to avoid her... And Slushy is heading right for her.

Jay sighed and walked over to where the odd girl was reaching down and picking up Slushy. "Slushy I told you I'll get you something to eat. Dont bother people who are eating." The Glaceon gave a pout like face but nuzzled into his arms getting comfortable. Only getting a sigh from the glasses wearing trainer. "So that was your game huh? You want to be picked up so you try to make trouble."

He looked to the girl who was eating and gave a smile. "Sorry if we disturbed you. I hope you enjoy your meal."​

Cori Labelle

Time: 11am
Interactions: Mare
Tags: BackSet BackSet
If there was anything Cori knew about traveling, it was that you always visit the big cities. They were the ones with the most tourists attractions, the shops and resturants to visit and of course, the most drama. Cori had been looking forward to that part. Not that he was planning to pick fights. Simply watching them would be just as fun. After all, what was life without a bit of chaos?

Cori walked over to a table, carrying a tray of food. Flurry had walked ahead of him, carefully taking a seat at one of the tables. Trix was helping Cori bring the food over and having way too much fun pretending to be him. He just hoped she didn't try to give anyone heart attacks. Zorua were rare enough in Kalos and Cori didn't know how Hoennians would react to a human turning into a pokemon right in front of their eyes. Finally, Kit was staying close to Cori's feet as she eyed each and every trainer in the room with suspicion.

The four of them had just started to dig into their food, when Cori heard a shout from across the food court. His gaze flew around the food court looking for the soucre. There, some guy was harassing a girl because he wanted to take her seat. Absolutely horrible, he hoped she crushed the guy. Cori leaned forward in his chair, waiting for the guy to bring out a pokemon and-- The girl punched him. That was quite the shock, leaving Cori sitting in his seat confused for a moment. Then his expression shifted from shock, to annoyance.

He stood up from his seat and yelled across the court. "Really? You punched him? He was asking for a pokemon battle, idiot!"

15755242174810384-png.946009
Finn Alder

Time: 11 am
Interactions: Cori, Mare
Tags: GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205 BackSet BackSet

The ranger made a tired sigh as he approached Mauville City, drenched in sweat Finn took a second to catch his breath close behind him a similarly tired-looking Gabite. "Out of all of the places they could have sent me, they send me to this humid island," Finn mumbled as he pushed his way out of the edges of the forest and into the high-tech interior of Mauville.

Finn didn't care too much for Mauville, he was a country boy and preferred the outdoors to bustling cities, but his stomach had other plans and the food court sounded much more appealing than whatever he could scavenge.

The food court seemed like any other, though Finn had heard rumors about people battling for seats which sounded like a huge pain in the ass, hopefully, Finn could wave off any battles by saying he wasn't a trainer.

While getting a plate of food for him and his Pokemon Finn heard a commotion behind him, turning around he only saw the tail end of it where a girl had punched another guy in the face. Not knowing the context or why the girl punched him Finn didn't pay much attention to it, food was far more important on his mind.

While making his way towards an empty spot he heard a voice call out from across the room, "Really? You punched him? He was asking for a pokemon battle, idiot!"

Now understanding what happened Finn let out a sigh and looked over to the girl, by chance he was passing by her while looking for a seat, "Y'know you could have told the guy no? It's not like he was going to rip you out of that seat".

Mare Birch
Time: 11:00 AM

Mare felt something brush up against her. She looked down to see a Glaceon at her feet.

"What do you want?" She asked gruffly.

A man ran, presumably the Glaceon's trainer, over and began chastising the Glaceon. It seemed that the Glaceon had simply wanted to be picked up by her trainer. Mare wasn't sure how bothering her was meant to accomplish that but it seemed to have worked because the man had indeed picked up his Pokemon.

"Sorry if we disturbed you." The Man said. "I hope you enjoy your meal."

Mare just grunted and returned to her meal. She didn't even get to take another bite before she heard someone shout at her.

"Really? You punched him? He was asking for a Pokemon battle, idiot!"

Mare growled and looked up to see who was shouting at her. It was a man dressed in a rather... exciting outfit. Definitely a bit too much if you asked Mare. Then again, what did she know about fashion.

For a moment, Mare considered responding. Maybe even throwing in a gesture. But she decided she simply did not feel like getting into an argument that required her to shout across the room. Maybe if the man was closer, then she might respond, but he was just too far away. Instead, she simply threw a glare his way and returned to her sandwich.

At least, she would have returned to her sandwich were she not interrupted again by a different man. What was it with people today and not letting her eat in peace. Surely they had better things to do.

"Y'know you could have told the guy no." The man asked. "It's not like he was going to rip you out of that seat."

That was actually a fairly good point but Mare wasn't about to admit it.

"Yeah, well, he was annoying me." She said. "Just like you are."

Absollover77 Absollover77 , GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205 , MouseDuke MouseDuke

Jay was getting slightly uncomfortable with all the people crowding around to comment on the mess that happened a few moments ago. Instead of sticking around and becoming part of the 'I got my clock cleaned by a girl club' he made his exit. His Glaceon seemed to snicker at his retreat and found an empty table to which set Slushy down in a seat. He set his bag in the other. "Okay Slushy I'm going to get the food now." He moved rather quickly ordering what looked good and returning to his seat with it. He tried his best not to watch what would unfold at the odd girl's table but he couldn't help but be curious on what she would do next. To distract himself he filled a bowl from his bag with some food and placed it in front of Slushy who made a happy cry and started eating first.

If things could have been peaceful it would have been a blessing. However, this ended up not being the case for Jay. The pompus guy from earlier decided to come back with a vengence. "Give up your seat foreigner! I am going to sit there!"

Jay looked up just as he was about to put his chopsticks into his noodles. "Didn't you learn the first time that trying to take others food is bad for your face?" Shaking his head he looked to Slushy, "Slush... You wanna deal with him or eat?" The Glaceon looked up from her food only to gaze at the guy and stick up her nose before going back to eating. "Welp you heard her, she's not interested."

"I am not asking for a battle with your Glaceon. Surely you must have other Pokémon, battle with those." The annoying person said clearly heckling Jay. Not that Jay would pay him any more attention, and just ignored him starting to eat instead. The pompus person sighed and after muttering a few harsh words he left Jay alone to his meal.

Cori Labelle

Time: 11am
"Tch."

Cori looked down at his plate. Was it worth it to leave his seat and start a fight? Well... it wasn't like the food was going to go anywhere. (And if it did, someone was going to be very sorry.) Cori got out of his seat and walked over to the girl. The glower he sent her contrasting against the smug smirk on his face.

"So you're just going to punch all the annoying people you meet?" Cori punctuated the words with a laugh.

Realizing that his trainer is going to get into trouble, Kit runs over to Cori. The cat pokemon growled pre-emptively glaring daggers at bow wearing girl. Trix on the other hand, followed just to see the chaos unfold. She dropped the illusion, several gasps sounding from nearby tables. Then Trix scampered over to Cori with a snicker. Which left the ice type alone at the table. Not that she cared, unlike the other two she actually wanted to eat her lunch.

"Hate to break it to you kid, but that's not going to get you very far," Cori said mockingly.

Mare Birch
Time: 11:05 AM

Mare gritted her teeth and growled. She'd had it up to here with these random people who just would not let her eat her lunch in peace. She clenched her fist.

<Wanna test that theory.> She growled, slipping back into her native Kantonese in her anger.

Suddenly, there was a tug at her leg. She looked down to see Yu trying to get her attention. The Zigzagoon gave her a calm and measured look.

"Mare." She said slowly. "Don't do it."

"Why not?" Mare asked. "This guy's an <asshole.>

To any onlooker, Mare looked crazy. While it wasn't unusual for people to talk to their Pokemon, most people didn't have what appeared to be full conversations. After all, nobody can understand Pokemon, right? Well, except for Mare, obviously.

"Yes he's a... whatever that word you said is." Yu replied. Pokemon translations were weird when it came to languages. Her Pokemon understood Hoennian just fine but could only understand the basics of Kantonese while she could understand any Pokemon from any region. "But he's also right. You can't punch everything that annoys you."

"Well I'm not about to tell him that." Mare protested.

"Then don't, but don't punch him either." Yu said.

Mare clenched her fist even harder before releasing it. She sighed. "Ugh, fine." She turned back to her antagonizer and bared her fangs. "Look, I'll tell you what I told the other guy: get lost!"

Yu sighed. If she could rub her temples she most certainly would.

GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205

Jay sighed slightly when the annoying guy left his sight and he picked at his food with disinterest now. He looked to Slushy who had stopped eating only about a fourth of her food eaten. "Yeah he ruined the mood of lunch didn't he?" Jay said pointing his spoon at Slushy. The ice Pokémon responded with a huff and laid down on the chair next to her trainer.

"To think just one snobby person is enough to ruin a meal... Oh well..." He looked at the girl from earlier who seemed to have no short of issues with the people crowding her with judgements. Jay couldn't help but feel bad for attributing to her frustrations. He'd pay for her meal as a way to apologize for it but, he wasn't sure how the hot headed girl would take it.

Jay just scratched the back of his head and watched as she ranted to her Zigzagoon. He wasn't sure what exactly was going on but maybe she had a type of connection like he shared with Slushy only more in tune? He wasn't too sure. Maybe she could just understand them to a higher degree? "Maybe it's something I can learn?" He whispered to himself picking up Slushy and holding her in his lap reaching into his bag for a rather expensive looking brush. It was Slushy's personal brush, something he got for her back home. Taking extra care to brush her was good for her physical and mental health. As well as being a stress releaver for himself as well. "Time to make your fur all nice and neat." Slushy seemed to pur happily as she was brushed.

Slushy while getting brushed seemed to be able to be heard by any Pokémon or anyone who could understand Pokémon. 'Ahhhh this is sure the life... Watching a drama while being brushed... It's just like at home only live action.'

Cori Labelle

Time: 11:05
Cori narrowed his eyes at the girl. Was she... talking to the zigzagoon? Well, talking to your pokemon wasn't exactly uncommon, but the pauses made it seem like an actual conversation. Weird, but Cori could care less. He was ready to make another snippy remark when he stopped. His brain had skipped over it, but that girl had definitely insulted him. He didn't know kantonese, but Cori could tell when he was being insulted. He clenched his fists.

"What did you call me you--" Cori was cut off as Kit tugged at the leg of his jeans. He looked down at the cat pokemon, who looked absolutely furious, glaring at his trainer. Cori grit his teeth. "Y'know what? Fine, I will get lost."

Cori turned around with a flick of his hair and walked back to his table. He got back over to it just in time to see the jerk from earlier push Cori's plates to the edge of the table as Flurry yipped angrily at him. Cori walked over and slammed his hands on the table.

"Excuse me, but that's my seat," Cori said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, my apologies. It didn't seem like anyone was sitting here," The pompous jerk smirked. "But if you want it back, you're going to have to battle me for it." He looked down at the three pokemon next to Cori. "But I doubt your team could do much against mine."

At that remark Cori's eyes seemed to light up. "Oh, really? How about we test that theory."

Mare Birch
Time: 11:06 AM

As the man and his Pokemon departed, Yu mouthed a silent thank you to the Skitty for his help in diffusing the situation. That all could have gone a lot worse, possibly ending in arrests for all of them. Well, for Mare and the man at least. Pokemon couldn't really be arrested. Could they?

"Aw man. I wanted to see a fight." Queen pouted. Yu sighed.

Mare went to take another bite of her sandwich but because life isn't fair, the whole room suddenly rumbled, causing dust to drift down from the ceiling. There were whispers among the crowd. Was it an earthquake?

Then, a loud boom sounded. Most of the people in the Food Court had never heard an explosion before but they were pretty sure that's what it was. Another boom sounded. And then another. And then... rubble began to fall. Pieces of the ceiling fell. Whispers turned to panic as people ran screaming to the exits. But they never made it. A platoon of strangely dressed characters with vicious looking Pokemon stormed into the court.

Music Box: Team Aqua Appears!

"Listen up!" Said one of the people, a muscular man without a shirt. "This City is now under the control of Team Aqua and Team Magma! All of you will be staying right where you are!" They Mightyena next to him let out a loud roar which didn't actually translate to anything. "Our demands are simple: bring us Wattson and we will leave! Is that understood!"

Jay did his best not to freak out in the situation that he now found himself in. After listening he didn't much understand what they wanted. Why would they want some random person for? If the person was so important wouldn't they just go straight to them instead of messing with a bunch of people at random? It seems they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Jay scooted his chair a bit and leaned back a bit getting comfortable. He was going to be here a while or at least until the authorities arrive. Him and Slushy had no reason to be involved. He did however hold Slushy close to him and snag his bag from the chair next to him. Putting his arm through the straps so it wasn't exactly easy to take from him. He wouldn't put it past these property damage offenders to steal things from people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back