• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

• Giovanni Farina
    Date: Monday April 1st, 1996
    Music Box: Attack on Viridian Gym

Giovanni held a Radio in his hand, clenching it hard. "Boss! He's just tearing through us!" A Grunt said over the Radio.

"What! That's impossible! He's just a kid!" Giovanni shouted.

"It's true! Oh god! He's com- augh!" The Radio fell silent. Giovanni clenched so hard he crushed the device. This couldn't be happening. One kid was tearing through his entire organization. It was impossible. And yet, he could hear the sounds of carnage outside. The Kid, whoever he was, was getting closer.

Suddenly, a bright flash of red and yellow erupted and his door exploded into flames. Giovanni instinctively held out his right arm in front of him for protection. Nothing was left of his door but smoke. And as the smoke cleared Giovanni could see a figure in the doorway. A stoic looking boy in a red hat with a Charizard standing menacingly behind him and a Pikachu on his shoulder.

The boy raised a finger and wordlessly pointed at Giovanni. And then, the Charizard attacked.

In the year 1996, a young trainer named Red defeated Team Rocket, won the Pokemon League, and subsequently disappeared seemingly off the face of the earth. Now, 15 years later, new threats have begun to arise. A group claiming to be the new Team Rocket has surfaced and they've been terrorizing the Kanto and Johto regions. Though they are disorganized due to the seeming lack of a proper leader, they are no less dangerous. Meanwhile, in the Hoenn region, two splinter groups of the old Team Rocket calling themselves Team Magma and Team Aqua have begun to enact their own evil plans.

If left unchecked, these threats could potentially spell doom for their regions or maybe even the world. Luckily, this world is not without heroes. Intentional or not, these young (and maybe old) trainers will have to rise to the task to take down these evil teams.

GM Notes

Hi there friends. My name is BackSet and welcome to a reboot of a reboot of a reboot of a reboot of a reboot of a reboot of a Pokemon RP. There may actually be even more reboots than that but I've lost count. I'm sure some of you might have expected me to give up by now. Well, too bad because I'm a Taurus and Taurus are stubborn. Not that I believe that Zodiac stuff.

Anyways, like all the other versions of this RP, this RP will have two threads, one for Hoenn where you'll be fighting Team Magma and Aqua and one for Kanto where you'll be fighting Neo Team Rocket. Like the most recent reboot, I'm giving you a little more freedom with characters. Go wild with crazy or strange powers and/or origins as long as they have a good explanation and you aren't omnipotent and/or god level. Of course we do still have to have some rules so here they are:

-At least a paragraph. And no, a line and a sentence of dialogue don't count as a paragraph.
-No Legendaries on your team. This goes without saying but some people simply don't know when to quit.
-No overpowered Pokemon teams. I'd suggest limiting yourself to just one fully evolved Pokemon to curb any possible overpoweredness.
-Battles will be cinematic akin to anime battles. As such, all pvp battles will be decided ahead of time by a die roll.
-This roleplay takes cues from multiple sources (the games, the anime, and the Pokemon Adventures manga) feel free to mix and match at your leisure.
-No taking over other people's characters.
-You are allowed to have a maximum of two characters, one per thread. This is to prevent anybody having their characters purely interact with just each other (of course, there's always the possibility of the two plot threads converging via wacky hijinks. If that happens this all becomes moot but even then I'm still enforcing only two characters, one per thread).
-If you have special powers of any sort, you must have some reason for them. I cannot emphasize this enough.
-There are a few rules that are not here that might end up here later after I remember them. Don't be surprised if I suddenly realize a rule that isn't here. Sorry.
-Don't be an ass. Just because your character's a cynical meanie doesn't mean you have to be.
-Original characters only please and thank you.
-Have fun and stay awesome!

I'm bored, so I'm going to try this again in hopes of that it may keep me busy.

Cool. My idea is that my guy is like a third or fourth generation Clown. With his dad being a world-famous celebrity clown, think Krusty meets Bozo. My guy would be trying to reach the same heights his Father did, with the help of his pokemon, who he trained to be part of the routine

I'm just going to bump this and hope it actually accomplishes something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back