• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best (A Pokemon OOC) [CLOSED]

It started off as an absolute meme of a character, then developed to "yeah, just chilling, having a good time" to wow, crappy parent tragic backstory.

How fast some things escalate, no? You take a joke concept and it becomes a pretty good one and a loved one through time and development. I like those ideas so much.

It started off as an absolute meme of a character, then developed to "yeah, just chilling, having a good time" to wow, crappy parent tragic backstory.
That's how Mare developed as well. It went from "comedy nuzlocke fic character" to "offhanded mention that her dad was a jackass" to "here's a little more about her jackass dad" to "oh my god tragic backstory why!"

That's how Mare developed as well. It went from "comedy nuzlocke fic character" to "offhanded mention that her dad was a jackass" to "here's a little more about her jackass dad" to "oh my god tragic backstory why!"

It's interesting though, it just shows how the characters develop and come to life on the page! I love how Mare started as a nuzlocke character haha

I already have a theme for him in mind.
Also, if he were still part of the Greaser-like crew, would it be ok if he kinda acted like a minor antagonist until he eventually reforms or turns a new leaf after either a humiliating loss or after his gang's leader gets defeated?

I already have a theme for him in mind.
Also, if he were still part of the Greaser-like crew, would it be ok if he kinda acted like a minor antagonist until he eventually reforms or turns a new leaf after either a humiliating loss or after his gang's leader gets defeated?

Yeah that's fine.

Actually, question. Where do you think the Hoenn thread should start. I've already got a starting place for Kanto (Vermillion) but I'm not sure about Hoenn.

Hmm, you could mirror it with Vermilion by having it start in Slateport Citiy, since they're both port towns.

Or maybe Mauville City? I know it had a bit of a rehaul in the remake. It really depends on what you're going for and what you're planning on each thread.

Hmm, you could mirror it with Vermilion by having it start in Slateport Citiy, since they're both port towns.

Or maybe Mauville City? I know it had a bit of a rehaul in the remake. It really depends on what you're going for and what you're planning on each thread.
Yeah either one of those are good (and both mean I need to add Mare's contest outfit to her personal items).

Yeah either one of those are good (and both mean I need to add Mare's contest outfit to her personal items).

Mare participating in contests? I love it. But yeah, I don't mind where it starts. Ezra will just appear and...be Ezra, haha.

I wonder how an interaction between Team Rocket or Magma-Aqua and a gang of Punk greasers would go?

Last edited:
Awesome! As for a starting point perhaps Slateport would be best for Hoenn as a starting point. Maybe I can say Whimsy's plane landed at a small airport outside the city. Or she landed in a different city and caught a boat going to Slateport so that she could stay on the move and shake off the tracks of anyone her parents might be sending out to find her.

I got a little too excited and had to post. So now, I'm going to curb that excitement and head to bed. Goodnight!

Hello! I posted a character, if anyone's interested~ The art was done by a friend of mine. Let me know what you guys think if anyone goes and checks it out! It's late where I am, so please excuse the iffy writing for the personality and history sections.

Hello! I posted a character, if anyone's interested~ The art was done by a friend of mine. Let me know what you guys think if anyone goes and checks it out! It's late where I am, so please excuse the iffy writing for the personality and history sections.

He's adorable. I love him. The artwork is super cute too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back