• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Starts on a Saturday in Spring. Sunny weather. Heretics took over the Salvatore house, but I'm going to adjust things a little bit and say they aren't that bad yet and everyone was still able to stay in the town. I'm gonna say that the brothers gave up their house in a deal so that the Heretics wouldn't destroy the town. Elena is still alive. Julian was just brought back to life. Madilyn is still snoozing as she has been for 150 years.

Lillian was glad to have Julian back with her. She missed him terribly. In her eyes he was the perfect man, he treated her well and could do no harm. She walked into the kitchen to find Julian making breakfast and she gave him a small smile. She made herself a plate and sat down to eat. She wanted to make amends with her sons now. She missed really acting as a true family with them. She knew Damon would be the toughest one to get close to again out of the two. She sent him a text, 'Can we talk?'

Julian loved having all of Lillian's attention again. He made her breakfast to enforce the idea of him being the perfect man in her head. He knew of her sons, but he hadn't met them yet and didn't really care to. He didn't want anyone coming in to ruin their lives, that's why he got rid of Madilyn.

Madilyn laid asleep in a coffin in an abandoned house deep in the woods of Mystic Falls. That is where Julian kept her, figuring no one would find her there. The coffin was open and sat in an upstairs bedroom of the ancient house, built in 1840. So far no wandering groups of teens had come across the house, but if they ever had they would be in for quite the surprise.

Damon

Damon Salvatore now resided in a two-story farmhouse with white chipped paneling and blue shutters. It was spacious and welcoming, but greatly lacked the elegance that his original home perfected. Inside, Damon leaned on the granite countertop and sipped his aged bourbon as the light pouring in from the kitchen window engulfed him.

His bitterness grew at the continuing thought of his delusional mother perched in his regal home with her sadistic groupies; his inner monologue was interrupted when his phone vibrated. He glanced at his new text, hoping to get a proposal from Elena to have some much desired alone time.. He would've even settled for a text from Stefan or Caroline so he could interrogate them on why the hell they had agreed to make a deal with Lillian and her band of sociopaths.

But low and behold, it's mother dearest. He wondered what on earth she could've wanted from him now. She took the house and the damn town, what else could he give? He rolled his eyes and decided he might as well meet with her. After all, he may even get a chance to vent his frustration, perhaps with a decapitation? A ripping of a heart out of their chest? He wasn't picky. Delighted by those ideas, he wasted no time.

Driving up to his house triggered a knot in his stomach that only increased his bitterness. He knocked on the front door and leaned on the side of the doorframe as he waited for an answer. When Lillian opened the door, Damon gave her a sarcastic grin paired with a dagger in his eyes. "Hello, mother. I saw you requested some mother-son bonding time."

Last edited:
Lillian gave a small smile, it was half forced but half genuine as she did want her family back together. "Hello son, this is Julian, he was with us before the prison world and he treats me and the others so nicely." She paused, glancing at Julian and then back to Damon, "Maybe you could learn something from him." She didn't invite Damon in yet, still being careful as she knew the boy was bitter. She continued the introduction, "I really love Julian and I wanted you to meet him".

Julian gave a fake smile to the boy as he stood beside Lillian in the doorway. "Hello Damon, I've heard a lot about you", he spoke. He stepped out of the door slightly and stuck his hand out to shake Damon's hand.

Damon

Damon carelessly shifted his gaze to the man beside his mother and chuckled at her passive aggression. He raised an eyebrow at the outstretched hand as if it was diseased. Ignoring Julian entirely, he glared at Lillian once again. "Uh huh.." He mumbled before dramatically yawning. "And I left a perfectly good bottle of bourbon for this because.." He questioned.

Last edited:
"Well, I want us to be a family again", Lillian smiled. "I know you're going to be tougher on me than Stefan will be but please Damon, I love you, and I want to have a relationship with you and your brother again. If you give this a try, I may give you your house back", Lillian spoke. That was how she parented back in the day, she took things away when her boys were bad and rewarded them when they were good. "Please Damon", she spoke again, "Give me and Julian a chance, I want to be a family again." But she hid one secret, she would never really have all of her children together as a family because in her eyes Madilyn was dead, but Lillian wouldn't even speak to the boys of her existence.

Julian glared slightly at the boy for a moment, but tried to cover it up with a smile again quickly so it would go unnoticed. 'Just like his sister, a disrespectful brat', he thought to himself.

• 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7149323144766c7a2d47662d4d773d3d2d3632393632383838392e3135353330633234666437366338346436323034343339383135352e676966
    Elena was scrolling through her phone secretly hoping that Damon would text her. She wanted to see him but she didn't want to bother him too much. The whole his mother is alive thing had him irritated. She let out a long sigh as she looked around Mystic Falls, the town used to be so different. Seeing it so empty and lifeless gave her chills. She slowly walked down the road remembering all the good times she had when she was human, a sadness washed over her and she gripped her phone. Her white blouse rustled in the wind as she contemplated calling Damon. She couldn't take not seeing him so she clicked her phone on, scrolled through her contacts, and pressed on Damons. She just hoped he was free. She held the phone to her ear and waited as it rang.

Damon

"Love? Is that what you're calling it?" Damon couldn't help but laugh. Stefan might be inclined to fall for this motherly act, but he wasn't Stefan - far from him. "Sorry mother, those games won't work anymore." Damon paused to reach for the phone in his pocket that was vibrating and glanced at the caller ID. When he saw Elena's name he smirked and decided he had much better things to attend to. He made his was down the stairs and turned to face Lillian once more. For once, his sarcastic grin faded and if he hadn't known any better, he was sure he was letting her see the pain and resentment in his eyes. "You has your chance to have Stefan and I as your family..you made your choice." He then spun on his heels and headed back to his Camaro. "Thanks for the heart to heart, I'll be sure to send flowers and a teddy bear for Mother's Day." Damon then turned the key in his ignition and sped off. With one hand on the steering wheel, Damon whipped out his cell once again and dialed Elena. He smiled when he heard her voice, "Hey, sorry I missed your call..I was with the Wicked Witch. If you're not busy I could meet you at the grill in 20?"

Niklaus

When Niklaus pulled into Mystic Falls, it was almost as if he never left. He could distinctly remember all the horrendous acts he committed during his last stay. He cut off his engine in the dirt road driveway of his new manor that he'd bought for himself.

Surely, he didn't anticipate a warm welcome after how he terrorized the townsfolk of Mystic Falls. There was even less likelihood that they'd even consider that his daughter would have made him a much more tolerant and even likeable person. He picked up the Polaroid of his daughter, Hayley, and the rest of the Mikaelsons joined together with vibrant smiles in the heart of their New Orleans compound. He desperately yearned to be near them as he did before, especially Hope..whom Hayley would now be forced to raise alone now that a dangerous enchantment forced them to part ways for Hope's safety.

Nevertheless, he couldn't allow himself to dwindle on the unchangeable circumstances. He desired a new start, and while he could've used his accumulated fortune to send him to any corner of the world; there was one thing stopping him from going anywhere but here: Caroline Forbes.

• 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7149323144766c7a2d47662d4d773d3d2d3632393632383838392e3135353330633234666437366338346436323034343339383135352e676966
    Elena frowns when the phone went to voice mail. Is he busy? She wondered but shrugged it off, Damon would call her when he got time. She continued to walk through the streets of mystic falls reminiscing about the old times. While in thought her phone began to ring and a smile formed on her lips when she saw it was Damon. "Damon!" She exclaims. "Oh, that makes sense. Of course, see you then." She didn't bother with the pleasantries. She hung up and made her way to the grill. She was much closer to it and it only took her about ten minutes to get there. She sat at the bar and just waited for him, her signature smile plastered to her face. Oh, how she wanted to see him.

Julian went to go check on Madilyn's body making sure it stayed where he had left her. He made his way up to the room and noticed things looked slightly misplaced, it looked as though someone had discovered the body and he needed to move it to ensure he wouldn't be exposed. Julian had worked on this secret for 150 years, making sure Lillian and the others never found out and would realize the type of person he really is. If anyone exposed him they would surely face his wrath. He had to act fast and he knew that. He lifted Madilyn's body out of the casket and threw her carelessly over his shoulders and took off into the woods, looking for a new place to hide her.

Lillian frowned as her son left. She had lost all of her children. She walked to her bedroom, not really noticing Julian had even left as she was a bit distracted. She sat on her bed and pulled out the few pictures she had of her children. She had one of Stefan when he was young, one of Damon, one of the boys together, a picture of young Madilyn when she was 4 around the time she ran into her brothers, and a picture of her older as a teen. She let out a heavy sigh in frustration, she felt many emotions such as sadness and anger. She huffed and threw the pictures outside, not being able to look at them any longer. Lillian knew she would go and grab them later but she let herself act out her emotions for a minute.

Damon

Damon was a tad thrown off by Elena's happy mood - not that he was complaining. In times like this, she's usually stressed out. He was also a bit curious as to why she hadn't even bothered to question what he was doing with his mother, which he expected her to ask right away. Nevertheless, he didn't bother to dwell on it. He was probably just strung out himself, which considering the circumstances was most likely inevitable. He sat at a booth near the window with his arm outstretched over the seat. His face lit up when Elena arrived, but his eyes were plagued with exhaustion. He kissed her gently on the forehead before returning to his seat across from her. Hidden next to him was an old bottle of scotch that he plunked onto the table, along with two glasses carried by his two fingers. He gently poured each a quarter of the glass and slouched into his seat before sipping his drink. "You know, my mother invited me over today to recruit me and Stefan into that cult of hers. I don't know if she's got the balls of a bull or if she's really just that crazy." He circled the rim of his glass with his finger before chugging it down and pouring another. "Not to mention she introduced me to one of her boy toys, as if I'd care. There's something off with him - like more off than the rest of them..if that's even possible."

Lillian knew she had to try again with her son. She felt bad for leaving the boys, but she was afraid she wouldn't be able to control her new vampire urges around them and that she would have hurt them when she had turned. Then after that she was just afraid to come into their lives again because it would make her feel guilty. Elena was always really good at getting Damon to open up to the idea of things such as forgiveness, Lillian questioned in her mind if maybe she get Elena's help and that would make Damon more open to the idea of a family with Lily in it again. Lily smiled slightly, that might work. She sent Damon a message, 'Things didn't go the way I wanted them to earlier. Would you and Elena be willing to coming over for a dinner tonight? I am sorry for what I have done, and I will explain it all.' Lily hoped that her inviting them in for the dinner would show Damon that she had some trust for him and that he would return that trust back.

Last edited:
Niklaus

Klaus was snapped back to reality when he heard the voice. He lowered his family portrait and grinned when his gaze landed on the familiar face. "Caroline." He uttered in his thick British accent. Klaus was overwhelmed by the way the sunlight highlighted her sea glass eyes and majestic blonde hair that fell perfectly just a few inches past her shoulders. She was far more stunning than he remembered. He folded his photo in half and tucked it safely away in his inner breast pocket before slamming his car door shut. He stood there admiring her for another moment or two before he read the shock on her face. He timidly smacked his tongue off the roof of his mouth, "yes, I envisaged that my presence wouldn't exactly be met with a particularly warm welcome." More often than not, he wouldn't bother indulging the reason of his stay, but this was Caroline. He couldn't help but feel compelled to tell her the truth, even if it wouldn't change her attitude towards his presence. Besides, deep down he had to admit that he needed someone to share it with. He and Caroline were hardly friends, a justifiable act in Caroline's case..but she was the closest thing he had to one anymore. Still, he struggled to make himself vulnerable, and therefore he avoided her eyes as he spoke. "It's my daughter, Hope. She overcame a great darkness, but on the condition that to keep her safe, the rest of the family and I must stay away from each other and her." He finally met her eyes to show his sincerity, "I have no intention of harm, I simply want to make a fresh start." He then pushed his key into the trunk's lock and watched it spring up before unloading his luggage and proceeding to carry it inside. Before he reached the front porch, he paused and turned towards her. "You're always welcome in my home, Caroline. And perhaps one day you'd be so kind as to give me the grand tour of this town that I wasn't able to explore before."

Elena felt giddy inside at the sight of Damon, she couldn't explain why she was so happy. Her mood however quickly changed at the sight of his state, he was exhausted. She smiles gently when he kissed her forehead and placed a hand on his left cheek before taking her seat. Elena honestly figured lily wanted to as Damon puts it recruit them. She was big on family and no matter how much Damon hated it she was his mother. Elena could understand that though, "Damon, she's neither. She honestly just wants her family back. She's definitely not a mother anymore but her actions now are not hostile. She let us stay here. I know that she'd clueless about your feelings but she's not just going to give up." Elena hated the fact that Damon was so hostile with Lily, it just makes things worse. Lily wasn't very emotionally stable from what she's heard from Damon, Stefan, and Caroline. She took the glass and took a sip from it, she still didn't like bourbon very much. "I agree," Elena said thinking about the odd feeling she got by just thinking about him.

Julian carried the girls body to an an old empty shed near the Salvatore house that no one had been to in years. He saw a glimpse of someone on his way but the boy darted too fast for him to really get a good look. He needed to find a witch that could do a cloaking spell on her quickly, this secret was becoming dangerously close to being exposed. Julian threw Madilyn's body down on the shed floor, then headed out. He had many thing he had to take care of now, finding a trustable witch, figuring out who saw him and destroying them, and keeping Lily in the dark. Julian was a master manipulator and a very old and powerful vampire, he still had a sense of confidence that he would get away with this.

Julian ran in the direction he saw Alex go in after he spotted him. He caught up to Alex and grabbed him arm, spinning him around. "Who are you, and what did you see?" Julian demanded.

8578e6eb5d351869b26ce27bce23af81.gif
Alex had ripped off his plaid shirt and now wore just his graphic tee. He let the man catch him to get a look at his face. "... Uh, mister. I think you got the wrong person..." He looks at him with wide eyes. "I came from that direction." He pointed towards the grill. "You can go ask the people in there if you want." His eyes narrow. "What do you mean, what did I see? Was there something I wasn't supposed too? I just wanna go home man. This is sketchy and I don't know who you are.. So could you not before I start shouting?" They were definitely close enough for Lily and the others to hear his scream. He'd try to expose this weirdo if he tried anything.

"I wouldn't shout if I were you", Julian said in a menacing low voice, "Not if you want to keep you and your loved ones safe." Julian analyzed the boys face a little more, "Wait a minute... you're Caroline's little brother right? It would be such a shame if she was to get hurt. I know you saw and you ran, you better keep what you saw to yourself if you want Caroline to stay alive." Julian was afraid of his perfect image being tarnished by this secret, but he also wasn't going to let some teenage boy try to talk down to him, his ego was too large for that.

Lillian sighed as she waited for a response back from Damon, she was going to try not to mess this one up. She was hopeful that getting Elena more on her side would also get Damon more on her side. She was also considering telling the brothers of their sister, part of her thought they were better off not knowing since the sister was dead anyway, but part of her thought maybe if she told them they'd understand more why she was scared of putting them in danger and explain her ripper faze.

Damon

Damon couldn't help but feel something was off with Elena; he just couldn't put his finger on what. "Nevermind," he thought to himself, concluding that he was simply being paranoid. Pushing the thought aside, he sighed and thoroughly thought over what Elena had to say. He supposed she was right. After all, above all Lillian values family - even if her perception is a bit warped. Still, he wasn't going to just let her bulldoze over everything she's done. And no matter what happened between him and Lillian, he would never view the Heretics as even tolerable, let alone family. He glanced back at Elena and sighed in defeat. "Fine, I'll try to give her a chance. But this is for you - not her." Damon smiled and then winked at her. Damon felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and glanced at the incoming text. He raised an eyebrow, "well, it looks like we're going to get our chance sooner than later. Lillian invited us both over to dinner at her house. Well, my house." Damon thought it over, being around Lillian and the Heretics himself was one thing..but bringing Elena was another. Damon didn't want to risk anything happening to her, but he knew that he would never let her come into harm's way. He begrudgingly responded back, "We'll be there at 6."

Lillian smiled at the text, maybe she would have her chance to have her family back together after all. She got busy setting up for dinner. She wanted it to be a nice fancy evening. She began cooking, setting the table when she got the chance. She was making steaks and mashed potatoes along with some salad. She went outside, picking up the pictures of her children she had thrown out the window earlier, she felt better now. She glanced at the photo of Madi and gave a small smile. She texted Damon, "Splendid. When you arrive I have something I need to tell you, I hope it explains some things for you". She was going to tell Damon today. She wondered where Julian was and sent him a heads up that the kids would be over tonight.

(I'm just gonna go ahead and make Stefan. I'll play him while I'm waiting to tho, cause eventually I'm killing off Lily and Julian anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back