• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Vampire Chronicles [Be my Lestat?]

useless

✰ 愚か者
iWPsy9E.gif

Hello!

It’s good to meet you, stranger! First off, let me start with a big thanks for taking the time to stop by my thread! It isn’t a new thread, not by any means, really. Nor is the content really new, I think ‘refurbished’ is a better suited word to describe this search! Problem is, I’m pretty bad at writing search threads, so I tend to make them rather misleading, I think. Or maybe just severely lacking in information? Mostly, I feel I constantly fail to really convey what it is that I want. Because isn’t that what it all boils down to? I make a thread in service to my own dark, gritty, greedy little desires, as others do all the time. I won’t deny that I am very selfish and impulsive, and that I have much to learn, and that my writing is probably very lackluster, and so on and so forth. But I love to write, even if my writing stinks, and for a long while now, I’ve had a deep obsession with Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles - specifically, the blond little brat prince himself, Lestat.

Before I continue, I feel like I should lay out my knowledge of the Vampire Chronicles, without dropping any spoilers just in case you are reading the series or plan to read in in the future. I have read Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, and The Tale of the Body Thief, Memnoch the Devil, The Vampire Armand, and am working on The Vampire Vittorio. If you have only ever seen the Interview with the Vampire movie, we can certainly try and work with that alone, though I do advise you read the books if you enjoyed the movie. Point being, knowledge of the books isn’t completely required. I have heard horror stories about the Queen of the Damned movie, though, so I will not role play based off of that thing at all.

Now, here is where things get really selfish - I can’t claim to be very interested in doubling. Now, playing as the background characters, no problem at all. Armand, Marius, Louis, Gabrielle, Pandora, and the others, they are all important! However, I am primarily looking to play as an original character against Lestat, and am seeking a partner to play as Lestat for that original character. However, this doesn’t mean I am totally closed off to the idea of doubling. I love Lestat, and thus, it would be fun to try and write as him. However, he is the only character I would feel comfortable writing as, and seeing as how I am also looking for someone else to play as him for me, well, it seems redundant? But again, I’m not against it. I actually would love to play as Lestat, this just means we would either both be playing as Lestat, OR I'd ask you to play as someone else for me.

So then, about my character! I am willing to write as both a male and female, as Lestat is known to swing both ways. It boils down to your own preference, and the type of plot we want to form, because no, I can’t claim to have any solid ideas in mind. I do have some basic ideas that need brainstorming and fleshing out, but nothing concrete, as I prefer to discuss the fine details with my partner.

If you’re interested in this, please message me! If not, I completely understand, and appreciate your time all the same.

Last edited:
I have a vampire rp I've been itching to do too! Maybe we could combine them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back