• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hugs, Not Drugs...

Skylar was walking home from the library. Her computer broke, and she had to start searching for houses. She was done living with her parents, they wanted her to stay. They were scared that she would screw up again, she would end up killing herself again. Which she wouldnt, well at least she hoped she wouldnt. It was late, the night sky made the fall day become even more chilly. She also knew that rain was coming soon. She wore her white jeans, with her grey top that hung off her shoulders. She had her black combat boots on, and a white scarf. She left her jacket at home, she didnt know she was going to be out this late, and it wasnt cold when she left the house early this morning. It had been 8 months of her being sober, which was great. Yes somethings she would freak out, have a panic attack, or a nervous breakdown, but she had her family who helped her through. Some people dont have that family, which broke her heart. She was currently working on a group home idea, where she would be there for people like her family was for her.

The night sky was full of dark grey clouds. It was actually a bit scary, she continued walking the sound of crunching leaves where the only thing she heard. That and her breathing. She was about three blocks away from her home, which wasnt that far, but she didnt want to walk out here at night. She was by a apartment complex, she saw a girl, and boy. Who seemed young on the swings, they probably siblings, or it seemed like it. The little boy was pushing the little girl, then there mother called for them. Which then they glumly walked inside, she smiled looking down at her phone.

(Sorry for the really short starter! Like I said I suck at starting! xD I was thinking maybe they could run into each other here!)

[No! This is perfect! Must better than what I was putting out. Thank you~]

Tucker was on a four day bender. Alcohol, women and cocaine, his drug of choice. Nothing made sense to him and better yet, nothing felt real. He was lost in his own little paradise. Loud music and dim lightly only added to his experienced. Mindless dancing with strange women, followed by a round or two of shots, more dancing, a little hit to keep him higher than a kite, repeat. This was the life of Tucker John Wayne and he absolutely loved it, or so he thought.

Not even the chilly wind that assaulted him or the uneven pavement that he encountered as he was kicked out of the club at closing could pull him from his euphoria. This shell of a human clad in dark jeans, black converse and a black suit jacket was happily making his way down the street to his car though walking was not his strong suit at the moment. He passed a girl who looked like she was coming from the library. Smirking at her, he winked.

Finally, he made it to his car, his baby as he called her. TJ's hand fished in his pocket for a moment before coming up empty. Grumbling, he peered into the car. "Shit." He'd locked himself out. "Dammit!" His paradise melted around him as a string of expletives flowed from his mouth.

Well she was walking she saw a guy, who seemed extraordinarily happy. He smiled, and winked at her. She rolled her eyes, and smiled politely at the guy. She wasnt flirting back, she just didnt want to be rude. She continued walking when she tripped on a rock. Not surprising she was completely clumsy when it came to doing...well anything. She flew forward, and all her papers, and books flew everywhere. She prayed know one saw how stupid that probably looked. She sighed laying on the floor for a couple of seconds,

She slowly got up, and quickly gathered her paper. Only a couple blew away in the breeze. She picked up her books, and stood up. She for sure sprained her ankles, she sighed. This was going to be a horrible walk home. She cussed, and limped after her other paper. She then ran back into the guy, she grabbed the paper. She smiled at the guy again, before turning back around and walking away.

This was just a terrible way to end a great night. His was righteously pissed off. Had he not loved his car as if it where his child, TJ most likely would have beat at the window or door. He grumbled and cussed, pulling at his hair before letting his hands fall to his face. "Mother-..." However, he trailed off as the girl he'd smirked at came his way. Usually, he would have flirted with her again but he was simply not in the mood.

"Hey. You know anyone who can unlock a car? Locked myself out." As he spoke, he fished through his pockets and pulled out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Tucker took a cigarette into his mouth, lit it and took a long drag. While he attempted to exhale away from her, he was too inebriated to fully do so and she got half a face full of smoke.

She grabbed the rest of her papers that had flown everywhere. She then stood up off of the ground. She sighed, as smoke hit her face. She turned away, deep down there was a serious urge to grab that from him, and take a drag. She looked away coughing the smoke out of her lungs. The smell rushed through her nose, she then realized he had asked her something. "W-Well you should call the firemen...They probably would help. That or the car company..." She got out her phone, and scrolled through getting the number. She dialed it into her phone, then handed the phone to him.

She wanted to help him out, he didnt seem to be causing anyone trouble. She didnt want this guy just chilling on the side of the road all night. She sighed hoping he wouldnt run away with her phone. She looked up at the starry sky, waiting for the guy to get off her phone so she can go home. She needed to get home so her family would be to worried

A look of horror and disgust flashed across Tucker's face when she mentioned the fire department. They surely wouldn't be kind to his baby and he just couldn't have that. The car company sounded like a much better idea. He gently took the phone from her as he took another drag, managing to blow it away from her this time. The ringing was shrill to him, it make his skin crawl and poked at an angry sleeping bear somewhere inside him but he managed to keep it together, at least until he heard that they wouldn't be open again until nine the next morning.

Resisting every urge to throw the phone, he offered it back to her. "They won't be open until the morning," he grumbled. TJ was quick to finish his cigarette and throw it to the ground, expelling a small bit of anger as he stomped it out. "Thanks anyway."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dont you have anywhere to stay?" She asked. She wanted to be nice, and what if he didn't have a place to stay. Her mind was screaming 'No he could be crazy, and steal your stuff, or kill you in your sleep.' but she wanted to help him out, because she felt kinda bad for him, but that's only if he didnt have a place to stay. She smiled at the guy. She could tell he was pissed off, so she didnt say anything but put her phone back into her pocket. "Ummm my name is Skylar...Can I ask your name?" She smiled holding her hand out to be shaken. She thought she would be nice, he seemed like a nice person, but he smelt like weed and just drugs in general. Alcohol also was on the hint of his breath.

Tucker shook his head at her. He had no where to go without his car and honestly, even if he wasn't locked out, he probably would have slept in it. Tonight was one of those nights that he just didn't want to deal with his mother. "Nah... My ma's house is a good two hours out, I don't have a house key on me and she's probably asleep."

When she held out her hand, he eyed her for a short moment before shaking it in a surprisingly gentlemanly fashion. "Nice to meet you Skylar. I'm Tucker or TJ, whichever you prefer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back