• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Vagabond

Nap

pumpkins
Vote and chat here!​

ONE
When Winfrey was a child, she didn't speak much. Trying to start a conversation with her was like trying to ask a rock how its day was. The only thing that ever caught her attention was when people discussed something related to a book she's read while other times were marked by her nose being stuck between the pages of a new fantasy. It was clear she was obsessed but there was nothing that could be done. The girl was passionate and no one truly wants to destroy a dreamer.

Nonetheless, her passion turned obsession was beginning to get out of hand. You see Winfrey came from a wealthy family and as she aged, she would use that wealth to travel the world in search of some kind of "magical" gate. She's read online somewhere that there was a gate located in one of the oldest places in Europe and so each passing year meant spending thousands of dollars so she could see them. It wasn't until her college professor during her senior year informed her of something he'd heard.

"Someone told me," he began, "that one of the fountains in Rome, I don't know what fountain but I know it is one,
is other worldly." This peeked her interest like no other and like a hungry child grabbing a delicious meal, she urged her professor forward with delight.

"Well, I don't know what they mean by other worldly because you know young people these days over exaggerate, but they said an old man that hangs around there speaks of tales of how he has been to a different world. Through that very fountain!"

It wasn't long before the twenty-two year old woman was off to Rome during her spring break, where she met an elderly man who indeed raved on about his adventures. He told her slowly and endearingly, "If you are a true believer, the water will accept you. If you are not, you will remain here with me." Those words range in her ears like a lullaby and it was as if they were exactly what she was waiting for. Winfrey Elizabeth Grey would no longer be the strange girl with the weird kinks. She will be the girl who believed and followed her dreams and whether or not anyone will believe what she has accomplished, that will be for them to decide and Winfrey to marvel and laugh.

Now it was time for her to make the journey to the other world. At exactly midnight, she should return and immediately jump into the fountain without hesitating and although she did those two things, her eyes could still see the bright lights of an active city. Again and again, she tried. Again and again, she failed. When Winfrey believed all was lost, however, a pain struck the back of her head and everything went black.

Time passed, the amount unknown. Winfrey woke up with an ache in the back of her head and her murky brown eyes were forced to squint as warm light streamed onto her face. Her clothes were her clothes but they weren't wet from the fountain, nor was she anywhere near it. Near a city for that matter. Instead, she sat dazed in a forest where she was suddenly shocked to the present.

"Who goes there?" came a stern male voice. When Winfrey turned, she saw a man with straight, purely white hair that fell a few inches below the collar bone. His eyes were a crystal blue and he wore armor from no LARP group she'd ever seen. Was she dreaming? It was possible, but for now she should at least answer considering he was holding a shimmering blade to her throat.

A) "M-my name is Winfrey... I don't know where I am."
B) "I think as the lady, I have the right to know who you are first."
C) "Where am I?"
D) Don't answer
E) [write in]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back