• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Union: A Superhero Roleplay

Batmang

There's no such thing as a painless lesson.

imageedit_2_2769729103.png

Story: A vigilante embarks on a mission to put together a group of individuals with special abilities to stop a powerful threat that could put the entire world in jeopardy.

Information: This Universe isn't tied in to DC or Marvel, although it obviously does take inspiration from them. Every character will be original with their own unique backstory & abilities. The idea is similar to The Avengers and The Justice League.

About This Universe: The public is aware of the existence of these "superheroes" and there is a great divide on how the world views them. It doesn't help that some of these individuals use their powers for their own selfish gain and as a result have created a spark of fear. Triggering government agencies to take security measures in an event a situation goes south. While their numbers have been estimated to be significantly smaller than those of ordinary humans, they are still considered dangerous.

In the midst of all this, some government agencies have used the existence of these special beings for their own gain. During the Cold War, a private organization funded by the American Military conducted experiments by studying the cells of these beings. By collecting data and various blood samples, they created serums to emulate their powers. Many subjects were tested on, but very few survived. And those who survived, had a will of their own. The project was disbanded and no such information was revealed to the public.

There are also rumors of there being advanced alien species living among the stars. Some are said to be even more powerful than these evolved humans and have the power to destroy Earth.

Other Information: You can be as creative as you like with your characters, but please try to make their abilities reasonable and not overpowering. You can make multiple characters, but I would prefer you only make them if you're going to at least use them every now and then. Romantic relationships between characters are more than welcome, but please be sure to follow the site's rules. Keep it PG-13.

This will be a detailed RP, so I would like to see at least two paragraphs minimum. Nothing excessive, because not everyone has time to do that. I would like this to be a long term thing, so hopefully you'll all stay with me until the end. I understand people can lose interest or certain things get in the way. In a case like that, if you could let me know you're dropping out that would be greatly appreciated.

I would like at least five or six members for this RP and would prefer a balance of both of male & female characters. If you're interested, please comment below and I'll mark you down. Once we have enough members, I will message you all the link to the actual thread. If you have any questions about this roleplay, please ask away.

And yeah, that symbol at the top of the thread is the team logo. Looks lame, but it was the best I got and I needed a logo!

Interested. Does the existence of those aliens mean we could play as aliens if we wanted to?

I know you have a lot of interest already, but it's been too long since I've done something like this. If you feel as though you have too many already that's fine.

Thank you for the retag.

I was barely familiar with the old website, so I'm definitely confused now. I posted my character a few hours before the site went down for the updates. Do I need to re-post the character somewhere else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the retag.

I was barely familiar with the old website, so I'm definitely confused now. I posted my character a few hours before the site went down for the updates. Do I need to re-post the character somewhere else?

You're welcome :)

If you can find the previous thread you posted it on and it looks normal I'd say you're good. Although there's a high chance that if used bbcodes it would have gotten entirely messed up (not enough a little copy, pasting, and editing wouldn't fix though).  

If you don't know how to look for your previous posts before the update just go to your profile >> See My Activity >> (left side bar) Forums >> Posts there you should be able to find all the individual ones you wrote. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back