• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Undying Hunt | OOC & SU

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Pola Wicht || 25 || Watcher || Unemployed

WHO IS SHE?
Pola Wicht has only ever been concerned with one thing, and that is fitting in with herself. She doesn’t care what others think of her...or at least that’s what she tells herself. Her entire life up until she was eighteen was about being a Wicht, and using the family blessing for doing good things. She was supposed to take people’s pain away, to help them be more comfortable. She was supposed to become a doctor in order to take over her family’s medical practise. Her family would’ve been fine with her doing anything regarding the use of the family blessing. Unfortunately for Pola, fate is a capricious bastard, and Pola ended up accidentally finding a loophole within the blessing that grants her the ability to inflict pain during a scary moment in her life. She managed to keep the loophole a secret for a week before accidentally harming her own sister in an argument, and when her family found out, she was immediately disowned and disinherited from the Wicht family.
She made her way to Pirn, feeling the distinct energy that permeates the area, and she’s made a life there. She isn’t a town favorite— only because people aren’t sure what her deal is. She’s a little broody and off-putting, but she works hard...at the things she’s interested in. Pola is secretive, and this is another reason that most folks are wary of her. But there are a few folks in Pirn that know Pola’s intentions are generally good. She’s only human, and she’s doing her best, despite the handicap that’s thrown her life wildly off course.
WRITING PROMPT
The day had gone fine. Had it been perfect? Not necessarily, but it was just….fine. Pola Wicht was more of a night owl, finding solace and comfort in the moon’s gentle caress of the world, just like so many others living in Pirn.

However, there were other kinds of people and creatures that lurked in the night that weren’t so friendly, and the vampire Anatol Nowak was exactly what Pola didn’t want to encounter. She’d met the man on her way to Pirn all those years ago while being stranded on the road with a car issue. He had fixed the issue, but he’d requested payment in the form of blood, and he’d been less than friendly from that moment on throughout the encounter. To pay him back for his incivility, she’d caused him a horrible amount of pain before taking off in her car. She had narrowly escaped being the creepy bastard’s snack.

Evidently, tonight was the night he intended to tie up loose ends.

Pola had been aware of him following her around the moment night fell. Unfortunately for the poor bastard, meeting him had given Pola the best life advice anyone could ever receive— carry a wooden stake and a knife in your pocket or purse. In this case, Pola carried both in a secret pocket she’d sewed into her jean jacket.

She played the part of unaware human well, so that when Anatol jumped at her seemingly out of thin air on the steps of her front porch, he hadn’t expected her to whirl around so readily with her wooden stake, which she jousted forwards. The old vampire skipped backwards a step, with an enraged hiss, and Pola didn’t waste a single second in throwing the knife from her pocket, landing it straight into Anatol’s undead chest, the blade narrowly missing his unbeaten heart. It was a better toss than she’d intended to make, but it shocked the vampire for a few precious seconds.

Pola took those few seconds to leap from the top of her steps with a grunt of effort, and she attempted to drive her wooden stake into her enemy’s unprotected chest. She wasn’t so lucky as she had been with the knife, however, and she was thrown hard into the ground. The wind was ousted from her lungs on impact, and she laid there trying to catch her breath, wheezing and gasping as Anatol stood over her, making sure not to touch her.

“You had a good start, Pola. If only you were fast enough. Alas, you find yourself only a human with a severely fucked up curse.” The predator clicked his tongue in distaste, “I learned from you, last I saw you. You need physical touch to do what you did to me. I’m surprised you didn’t get me just now, now that I think about it.”

By the end of his monologue, Pola had brought herself to her feet, back facing Anatol. She could feel his ego inflating with every word he spoke, and that annoyed every fiber of her being. If there was one thing Pola hated most, it was inflated egos.

“So what are you going to do about it, Anatol?” She asked him. When she turned to look at him, her gruesome blessing had immediately activated itself, and the vampire choked on pain that made him crumple and fold onto the ground like a brittle leaf. Her wide pupils glowed a deep red in the darkness, giving a sinister look to her unreadable expression. Against her better nature, she held the vampire under the power of her blessing, though at this point, she’d considered it a curse for years. Her lips pressed into a thin line, and she approached the vampire swiftly, nudging his tense pain-riddled body so that he lay on his back.

Pola inhaled through her nose, and spoke sternly, “I don’t think you can actually do anything, Anatol. Your first mistake was thinking you could come into this town and make me your midnight meal without any consequences. Your second mistake was believing that I only have one way of causing you the most insane pain you’ve ever experienced.” Her eyes intensified and so did the pain she inflicted on Anatol, causing him to jolt and go stiff, “I don’t need to hold the threat of death over you to scare you.” Pola touched the tip of her wooden stake to the vampire’s chest lazily.

“I just need you to never forget what I can put you through.” She spoke coldly. Pola stood up straight, putting her stake in her pocket, and prying her knife out of Anatol’s chest, holding it in her fist, knuckles white with how hard she gripped the hilt.

Okay, that’s enough! I don’t need to prolong this— he gets the point!

Her brows came together in a frustrated expression, and finally after a couple of short minutes fighting with her own ability, Pola was able to release the vampire from it. His body went limp then, his mind trying to comprehend what his body had just been put through. Pola boldly stepped over him, despite the fact that she wasn’t sure if she’d accomplished what she’d wanted to. To her surprise, by the time she’d gotten to her front door and looked over her shoulder to where he would be lying, he was gone. Scared away by one human and her terrifying blessing-turned-curse.

Mission accomplished.

gimme gimme gimme dat full cs!! <3

Name
|| Pola Wicht
Age || 25
Date of Birth || 2 / 20 / 1996

LOOKS || Pola Wicht is tall and lanky, towering over many at five feet and eleven inches. Her complexion is pale, though dappled with warm freckles, and she always seems to have color in her cheeks. Pola’s large eyes are striking, and the color of a pale winter sky, they are her most notable feature. Her hair is black, thin, and is generally kept at shoulder length. She often wears her hair down, or halfway back, and usually keeps a hair tie on her wrist. Pola’s sense of fashion lies with darker colors, either rich or muted. She often wears converse or combat boots, tshirts that are a bit big on her paired with straight leg or skinny jeans. Sweaters and coats are her best friend, and she’s almost never seen without one regardless of the temperature. As far as jewelry goes, Pola prefers to wear daintier silver pieces. Her ears have three piercings each; the helix, daith and lobe. On the outside of her left upper arm, there is a long surgical scar from when she broke her arm as a teenager.

Personality || Creative, Witty, Empathic, Curious, Intuitive, Resourceful, Strong Willed// Pessimistic, Unmotivated, Secretive, Intense, Sentimental, Possessive, Complicated

Drives || Pola wants to discover who she is as a person, and she wants to be better than she believes she is. Essentially, she desperately wants to prove herself as a decent person, for herself and for others.

Fears || Pola fears spiraling downwards into anger and spite and becoming what her family tells her she is; a monster.

Familial Blessing || Pola is descended from a long line of watchers, her great-great-great-great grandmother was the one who was originally blessed with the ability to take away pain, and the strong blessing has been passed down to each of her descendants, including Pola. Pola is an anomaly, though, due to the loophole in the blessing that allows her to inflict pain, as well as take it away.

Power Set || Pola’s blessing originally allowed her to take away pain to any degree, just like the rest of her family. The loophole in the blessing that she discovered by accident grants her the ability to cause/inflict pain with a glance or by touch.
Currently, Pola often hurts people more than she helps them, even though it isn’t her intention to do harm at all. She lacks a super solid control of the Pain Infliction.
Pola can use Pain Reduction on an individual within a 20 foot radius of herself with a glance, or simply by touch. She can also reduce the pain of only a singular area, rather than the entire body. When activated, Pain Reduction causes Pola’s pupils to glow white. She can also use this ability on herself.
Pain Infliction works much the same way as Pain Reduction, but she still has yet to fully accept it and control it. She often causes pain by accident on contact with an individual, and she has activated it in the heat of a moment by merely glancing at someone. When this ability is used on someone, it manifests excruciating pain all over the body. The people who have been on the receiving end have likened it to being on fire, as well as feeling like every nerve is being ripped from their body. When Pain Infliction is activated, Pola’s pupils glow red. She is also able to use this ability on herself. With concentration, acceptance of this ability, and practise, Pola would be able to use this ability with the exact same rules that apply to Pain Reduction, meaning she could cause pain in a single area of the body, as well as the entire body.

What Makes Pola Stand Out || Despite being purely human, Pola is tough. Aside from her Watcher-given abilities, and her Family Blessing, Pola knows how to survive on her own. Since Moving to Pirn, she’s taken it upon herself to learn how to get good in a physical fight, and so she’s as adequately prepared to handle herself as she needs to be. Her selling point, though, is actually her Blessing. She can use it to drop enemies like flies, or to help her allies get to a point where they can succeed. Essentially, Pola can literally make or break you— not to mention the fact that she secretly carries a knife and a wooden stake in her jacket or boot at all times.

Hobbies || Pola plays the piano, and loves to plunk around on the keys. She also loves to wait until late at night to watch movies with a massive bowl of popcorn. Pola is a simple girl, and she also enjoys just sitting on her small porch listening to and feeling the energy in the air of Pirn, like a form of meditation. She also enjoys feeding stray animals, and has a serious following of stray cats every night on her back porch at 6:30pm sharp. She has a lot of time to spare, so one could catch her in the Library reading a stack of books fairly often, or just relaxing around town taking in the scenery and fresh air.

Occupation || Unemployed

Relations || Anatol Nowak(Enemy, not a resident of Pirn), Anna & Erik Wicht (Mother & Father, non residents), Daria Wicht (Sister, non resident), Edith Miller (Landlady)

listener listener Just letting you know I'm half done with my CS and will be able to get it up within 24 hours from this post!

Senor_Fluffy Senor_Fluffy And also letting you know I'm still interested in having my character being one of your Guide's charges. After you've seen her profile and think her suitable of course :D

listener listener I was wondering, what sort of things does Pirn's protections/The Veil do for Unveiled?

The inherent protections within Pirn essentially gives a "mortal appearance" to any Unveiled that comes through the area. It also settles the innate "sixth sense", if you will, of mortals who find themselves in close and constant contact with the Unveiled who live within Pirn. There are other things to be revealed IC, but these are the basic protections everyone knows!

listener listener Just letting you know I'm half done with my CS and will be able to get it up within 24 hours from this post!

Sounds good to me! Wednesday night/Thursday morning I will release another bulletin message with acceptances!

Senor_Fluffy Senor_Fluffy And also letting you know I'm still interested in having my character being one of your Guide's charges. After you've seen her profile and think her suitable of course :D
Totally! James can have a couple charges, so once we get accepted for sure we can discuss more!

Watcher
    colette
    full name
    Colette Clarissa Delafaux
    faceclaim
    Danielle Rose Russell
    Physical Desc.
    Prussian blue irises. Long auburn wavy hair, ends below her shoulder blades, usually tied in a ponytail or french bun when working. 5 feet 4 tall. Average, petite, fit urbanite body.

Distinguishing Features
    Two dimples beside her lips when she smiles. Two elongated diagonal scars across her lower back, stretched thin as if formed from her earlier years. No piercings other than for earrings. She usually dresses simply: standard ensemble includes cardigan over a blouse, tights and comfy ankle boots or flats.
    "Is there ever free-will if we can be bound to an idea?"
    Watcher.
    Blessed, though there is reason to believe that she came from a lineage of Watchers. Colette has been blessed by a benevolent entity of Light which she refers to as Saint Celeste. The entity seems to bring a small measure of fortune to Colette whenever she attempts something noble, such as baking pastries for the homeless and finding that she had more ingredients than expected; though this 'fortune' is not always consistent. Saint Celeste also seems to possess strong feelings of enmity against unveiled of evil-intent, constantly nudging Colette to confront the unveiled directly.

Power set.
    Colette’s blessing grants her the pure Light of Saint Celeste, a righteous power that manifests itself with various hues of the sun; from the heartening warmth of noon-light to the simmering embers of sunset.

The ‘Light of Celeste’ will scorch, burn and even disintegrate any unveiled derived of darkness, though its burning effects, for now, are greatly diminished against all other unveiled. This Light also provides some measure of protection for Colette, capable of being that difference between a fatal and a severe injury. It also allows Colette to recover from injuries as quickly as a human in peak physical condition and each recovery is always completed perfect (i.e. there will be no permanent scars or lasting ailments).

Her powers often appear as wisps of warm light which she can fling like projectiles or a massive blast emanating from her core (see: 1. 2.) Colette’s mastery over her powers are very rudimentary and it often fluctuates. She suspects that Saint Celeste often temporarily takes over control to get her out of dangerous situations.

Living on the edge.

For the most part, Colette has always played a game of avoidance, steering herself as far away as possible from any signs of danger as a sort of denial or protest against her calling. This same denial probably plays a major factor into her lack of control of her powers. Nonetheless, the offensive capabilities of her blessing is undeniable, especially against the evil-spawned unveiled.

left

Last edited:

outfit :
mentions :
reveriee reveriee

interactions :
reveriee reveriee
CHO.
-- seulgi
[ - BASICS - ]​

nicknames.
// open.

date of birth.
// march 11th, 1726.

date of creation.
// september 3rd, 1749.

perceived age.
// twenty-three years old.

actual age.
// late two hundreds.

[ - PHYSICAL APPEARANCE - ]​

hair.
// thick strands that are coated in a maroon red dye. her hair tends to fall in waves around her face, typically crafted by overnight rollers she puts in her hair each evening. it always carries the smell of the almond oil she brushes through her hair after each wash, making her red curls soft to the touch.

eyes.
// a dark brown color framed by thick lashes.

height.
// 160 cm (5’3″)

build.
// a lanky figure that shows signs of neglect.

body modifications (piercings, tattoos, etc.)
// a tongue piercing and a steady line of earrings that curve along the length of her ears.

scars.
// nothing of note.

general fashion & accessories.
// an abundance of golden rings tend to adorn her fingers—alongside the earrings and piercings she wears. her clothes are often dark, focusing on maroons, greys and black tones. Her thin legs tend to be swarmed in knee-length boots that have a thick sole that is easily able of announcing her presence to a room.

[ - PERSONA - ]​

positive traits.
// calm, capable, captivating, disciplined, elegant, forthright, intuitive, passionate, resourceful.

negative traits.
// aloof, blunt, calculating, insincere, morbid, off-hand, pharisaical, regretful, sardonic.

drives.
// to continue existing despite how much she dislikes it.

fears.
// being alone, constantly doubting herself, large bodies of water, a slow death.

hobbies.
// sewing, gardening, collecting trinkets from the 1700s, woodworking, singing, flower rearranging.

occupation and any relating lore.
// works at the library, is aware of the unveiled section and the underground tunnels that connect the town.

[ - RELATIONS - ]​

Miri Yelane Rozel.
// a colleague and a fellow unveiled. although the pair hardly work the same shift, they often pass each other work notes in a hidden alcove along the unveiled section.

James Smith.
// tbd.

Babetté Ambroisine Eloi.
// tbd.

Pihu Amin.
// tbd.

[ - QUESTIONS - ]​

i. how did your character die as a human? what were the circumstances of their rebirth?
Becoming a vampire wasn't accidental. It was a choice, planned out in meticulous detail. A husband, who loved his wife too dearly to let her go, changed his bride to spend eternity together.​

ii. how long ago was it? did they know they'd be transformed into a vampire when it happened? what happened when they awoke?
Seulgi was transformed in 1749. She was very aware of what being a vampire entailed. Her husband had been kind enough to inform her of the struggles she would undergo. When she awoke, she was incredibly disorientated; but due to Mortimer's presence, she very quickly adapted to avoiding the sunlight, consuming blood, etc.​

iii. every vampire has a dominant physical trait, which is your character's?
Her canines. although it is not unusual for a vampire's fangs to be significant, her teeth are extraordinarily long and tapered at the ends. It makes it easier for her to use her fangs to either feed or attack. Another dominant trait is her hearing. She has a very keen sense of hearing that often pulls her from the present because she'll be focusing on a conversation several yards away.​

iv. what are your characters strengths and weaknesses, outside of what's already been written?
Being able to persevere. There have been many moments where she's lost the strength she's needed to continue on; but, one way or another, she always manages to find a reason to continue existing. A weakness, one that she feels the most shame over, is how dependent she can be on someone once she lets her guard down around someone.​

v. do they have a particularly hard time resisting the urge to feed? if so, how do they overcome this? do they have trouble tolerating the sight of blood, the smell?
Some would accuse Seulgi of being masochistic due her inability to care of her vampiric needs. It isn't that she denies herself; but, she has enough self-control to avoid drinking blood until absolutely necessary. She wasn't always so in control though. When she was first changed, she had to be bound to avoid running off and attacking people. Now, she's able to suppress her urges in most cases.​

vi. of the mental abilities listed, which is your character more intune with? what are their strengths and weaknesses?
She does well influencing thoughts. It's how she's been able to keep veiled people, or mortals, from questioning her continued presence around the town. Although she can work with the mind, she has a very rudimentary understanding of telepathy. She's able to send images or vague feelings to another person within five feet of her. Altering behaviors or memories are difficult on her because she dislikes taking away someone's independence. She only uses her compulsion over thoughts in dire circumstances.​

vii. what do they find easy to do? difficult to attempt?
She finds it easy to use the powers that help her avoid others. Her compulsion over thoughts, her speed, her hearing—all tend to be used to avoid interaction. Her other abilities, like her healing factor or telepathy, are not utilized halfway due to how little she consumes blood. It also has to do with her disinterest in being around, on earth, anymore after her husband disappeared.​
coded by reveriee.

Sorry this is late!
basic info
personality
abilities
Echo
changeling
    FULL NAME
    Echo Sylvaine
    occupation
    various
    birthday
    June 24, 1847
    real age
    perceived age
    "Every Fae child knows this, but you mortals never seem to see. We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be."
    APPEARANCE
    BASICS
    HEIGHT
    6’1” | 183cm
    build
    slim/ectomorph
    eye color
    Hazel
    HAIR
    Dark brown, shoulder length, wavy, usually loose
    body modifications
    Multiple piercings in both ears, nose piercing. No tattoos.
    MISCELLANEOUS
    Echo's fashion sense is androgynous, leaning towards masculine. They favor saturated jewel tones, and though their outfits may be colorful, they're still put together with an eye to looking good. They have a habit of wearing more formal clothes in informal ways - e.g. a dress shirt unbuttoned halfway, or a blazer hung over their shoulders. They tend to accessorize with gold jewellery, preferring multiple minimalist items rather than one flashy centerpiece.
code by Nano
-->

the undying hunt
bulletin board

i've got some exciting news to share!! the cast has been chosen and is as follows:

Senor_Fluffy Senor_Fluffy | james smith
eyyliner eyyliner | cho seulgi
@le reveur | babette eloi
Wandering Owl Wandering Owl | echo sylvaine
Lekiel Lekiel | colette delafaux
hesper hesper | pola wicht

thank you to everyone who showed interest <3

a message containing the discord invite will be sent out shortly, but i have a few more things i want to touch on:

1. once i finish the main npcs, i'll post a character thread for full sheets to be easily accessible!

2. for the next couple of days we'll be hashing out character relations with one another in the discord and once complete, i'll begin working on the gm post!

3. for those who have created places within pirn (the eloi gardens, sylvaine's nightclub, etc.) i ask that you grab a few reference pics and write up a brief description so i can add it to the pirn lore i'm in the process of compiling.

other than that, i'm super excited to get this thing started!!

hey yall! it's me again!

since i was a bit late on releasing the extra lore i promised and we're a bit shy on the number of characters I need, ima go ahead and set a final, hard deadline on character entries. wednesday, august 25th will be the final day i will accept character sheets for the undying hunt!

depending on how many characters we get in and how many make it thru the process, i may need to tweak areas of the narrative, but that's ok! i'm excited to get things going! expect an invite to the discord sometime late wednesday/early thursday, and from there we'll spend a few days hammering out prior relationships before i get us going!

ideally, i'd like to post the introduction by next saturday!

if you have any questions, concerns, or you just don't quite know where to begin, shoot me a pm or ask here!! (:

hey everyone!! i’m loving the cs’ that have come in so far, you guys are giving me so much to work with! i love it!!!

to keep things rolling, i’m going to go ahead and set a soft deadline for saturday, august 21st, for character entries. (as long as a full sheet is turned in before i wake up sunday, i’ll go over it!) the selection process will happen sunday afternoon, and a discord invite will be sent out via pm.

some extra lore will be posted sometime tomorrow evening!! i'm hoping it'll help set the stage for the world i'm envisioning and round out prerequisite knowledge of what's happening in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back