• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Underwater Ruins of Ebris

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
The Country of Ebris has a rich history
naruto-fire-country-hidden-leaf-village-01.jpg

In time, however, Ebris fell like every other civilization over time, and they faded into history.

Amazing culture
War Victories
Magic Relics
Ancient documents
Scrolls
Old Music and Instruments
Diaries
Treasures, including weapons, jewels, cloth, etc.

Excavation campaigns have dug up all these things, along with the bones of currently extinct creatures, armor, pottery, and a lot more. However............

.........Ebris is said to have been extremely secretive, shrouding almost everything in mystery. Encryption codes, Weird security measures that mix up lettering, Rhyme and riddles. Some historians claim that Ebris isn't dead, and with all these secrets covering stuff up, it's fairly logical to believe so

1 constantly mentioned place was a Temple. This highly religious Temple is was mentioned to be a prayer ground that houses their highest Goddess, a ruler known to have an intense love of water.

A group of history buffs aim to take on the grand endeavor of uncovering the secrets of this temple and of Ebris. Maybe they'll discover what caused Ebris's downfall and bring back something to help the whole world

Underwater-Ruins-by-Stephen-Chang-detail.jpg

Overview
  • Time Period is early. Firearms are here, but more like flintlock rather than plasma guns. It's that weird area where guns are a thing, but they don't exactly overtake Bows and Swords
  • Magic is repressed, so the only magic lies in supernatural relics in low amounts. A relic could give you something like the ability to toss fireballs or weak telekinesis, not complete elemental control or teleportation. (Like Minor Superpowers)

More equipment can be acquired

Characters
  • You can make as many characters as you'd like
  • There aren't really any specific roles to fulfill. Just take the role as you please
  • The Goddess is more of a minor role and can either be a nice one or a malevolent one towards the group
  • Magic is allowed amongst citizens of Ebris
  • You're allowed to be a repressed creature like a mermaid, but if you're discovered in public, you'll likely be killed

Villains
  • Villains must have motivations, from personal vendettas to servants of the Goddess of Ebris protecting her (Or killing her if she's benevolent). No demon monsters aiming to destroy the world for no reason.
  • Most citizens of Ebris are hostile to outsiders and won't make an appearance until later
  • Be realistic. If you want to go around killing people GTA style and you're a normal human, expect to die at the hands of cops.

The Story
  • Player Driven
  • Romance is Acceptable
  • I encourage sideplots and other groups trying to go into the temple. Maybe even a rival group or villainous group.
  • 1 Paragraph Minimum. Not much to ask for.
  • Death is a thing
  • There will most definitely be action and fighting scenes. I love a good RP fight, so I actively encourage it as well

Any questions and concerns will be addressed, so feel free to ask. Just be sure to tag me.

Where do we start? You said there are repressed creatures. Can you please tell more about these repressed creatures? How many are there? What are they?

And also, reading this, I get the impression that we are excavating the city of Ebris, and we're looking for this temple, yes?

Where do we start? You said there are repressed creatures. Can you please tell more about these repressed creatures? How many are there? What are they?

And also, reading this, I get the impression that we are excavating the city of Ebris, and we're looking for this temple, yes?
Repressed Creatures. Creatures who are able to hide their true form somehow, like how mermaids who get their fish half when in water (but normal humans when those legs dry), or nekos who are able to hide their cat features by shifting fully into a cat

No limit, but humans will most likely kill them on sight if discovered because they're monsters. They became repressed just like magic was mostly wiped out

And we are looking for the Ruins of Ebris and that temple

Ah, understood. And where will we start? As in, what part will we hang out in?

And if I get this right, there will be clashes with other groups, I suppose? Other groups that were also sent to excavate this historical city? Or are we the only ones? If so, who will we be fighting?

Ah, understood. And where will we start? As in, what part will we hang out in?

And if I get this right, there will be clashes with other groups, I suppose? Other groups that were also sent to excavate this historical city? Or are we the only ones? If so, who will we be fighting?
We'll start in either a HQ or an excavation site. There's gonna be a bit of an introduction before we actually start the Arcs

I can definitely make other rival/villainous groups, but if another player wants to make one, I'd welcome it. I have many ideas for it

Ah, alright. That's all for now!

I hope this picks up! Very interesting plot! :closed eyes open smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back