• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

Axeykins

Humanoid Typhoon
Welcome to The Underground, land of the Fey folk. Only those who know how to find it (or if you are a human who just so happens to get lucky enough) can enter. It has been the home of these creatures for many years, a sort of haven away from the human's chaotic world or at the very least a safe place to retreat to when in dire need, of course you had better hope you have no enemies there or else that would be a pointless endeavor. Lately, this haven has been put under great strain. A group of humans called The Order has surfaced and is posing an increasing threat to The Underground. Threatening to expose all of the creatures to the humans and either enslave them or wipe them out. This strain has also caused the society of the fae folk's world to begin coming apart at the seams and slowly become nothing more than slums rather than the glorious place that it used to

Underground_City_by_Ultyzarus[1].jpg

57a8c40ca311b_Underground_City_by_Ultyzarus1.jpg.7f12b2b0e4fa9640a399afb5451962dd.jpg

Last edited:
"Terribly sorry hun, but looks like I've got to dine and dash on you." Marius pat the young man's head as he wiped blood off of his mouth. Normally he'd finish them off, but his boss was being impatient and this poor soul was drunk enough that he wouldn't remember a thing. "The boss called and is impatient and well, you know how that is." He shot the poor man a cynical grin before rushing off, leaving him sitting in the scummy old alleyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sisceal, that poor young priest, could only watch weakly as he ran off. He had only been stumbling home from the bar when he was jumped by that lunatic and dragged back into the dark! Lord knows what he did either, but his neck hurt like Hell and he was horribly light headed and dizzy. More than usual whenever he got drunk...ugh..this was going to be a long night.. What was worse was that he had just gotten into town that week too, not exactly the welcome he was hoping for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though he was probably far from any immediate danger, the boy stuck to the shadows closely. If anyone was watching, and could actually keep track of the Wraith, then they would be rewarded with a strange yet intriguing sight.

Atlas would pull out of a shadow as if it were a thick layer of onyx glue. It would cling to him for a bit, seemingly reluctant to let the teenager go out into the lighter areas. However, once he got a certain distance away, it would be forced to release him; and allow him to wander around as he pleased. He would then find another shadow moments later, and disappear through it like a child would in a pool of water. The darkness of the shadow dictated his stealth in these situations.

All Atlas would have to do is walk among the darker areas, and he would seemingly disappear. Or, at least, be camouflaged well enough to not be seen as long as he didn't move. The darker the shadow, the more freedom he had to move around. The lighter, the less he was able to move around before being spotted. That was his ability, and it was by far his most important one. At least to him, anyways. Not being seen while spying on a couple of blood-crazed humans was an ideal thing for him.

His job wasn't mandatory, and hadn't been given to him as a chore. Atlas' little scouting missions were actually more of a very helpful hobby.

Buras' job, however, was very much mandatory. His job was, perhaps, the most important of anyone's in this cave. He was tasked with protecting the Royal Family. More specifically the princess this time around. He stood stock still, stairing stoicly straight ahead. More for show then anything else, he still kelt an ear open for any intruders, and an eye on the shadows.

Far from the home of Buras and Atlas, high above the struggles of Marius and Sisceal, at the top floor office of a skyscraper with the words "TR" affixed to the side, sits a man. Thomas Ronaldson, a businessman, entrepreneur, head of The Order, and sworn enemy of the fey. His cane leaned against his desk, as he typed on his computer. While he wasn't the fastest, he typed at a fast enough pace. Slowly, rhythmically typing out a reply to business emails, most of them superficial. While his fingers typed out messages he barely had to think about, he thought of the fey.

He'd been after them for a long while and had managed to narrow their location to somewhere near his city. But after that, like a puff of smoke the trail ran cold. They still found fey and other creatures often enough, but none of them had talked yet and they were no closer to pinpointing their location. He needed to try something new. Tak. Decisively he finished his email. Superficial, mind numbing work, but necessary to keep the Order funded. Stretching his arms out, he grabbed his cane and stood up, walking around.

Leaning on his cane, he slowly trudged towards a big window that replaced a wall of his office. He relished the chance to stretch his legs and liked to gaze upon the city (how I visualize the city). Looking out at the city, the cars rolling by and the people walking, Thomas smiled. Thomas liked people and he liked watching them. He liked protecting them too, which was why he had joined the army. Now he protects them in a different way.

Bringing up his phone, he dialed the number of one of his favorite agents. A lovely lass by the name of Penelope, she had yet to show anything but the best she had to give, and Thomas liked that in his employees. Waiting for her to pick up, he tapped his fingers rhythmically against his cane.

@rosamortelle

Taking a stroll down one of the many streets in The Underground, you would eventually come to a building that say in a bit towards the back with black alleys on either side. The building was not very impressive, but it was a building with four walls and roof none the less. The glass pain window on next to the door was where you could look inside and see all the trinkets and books that were available for purchase in the windows. Above those, in large Gothic style print, was the name of the shop "Lefluer's" the stretched the length of the window from left to right. The other side of the glass was a bit more interesting. Book shelves lined the outer walls of the shop, while hand made shelves made up the majority of the places for nick-knacks and trinkets to sit on. Jewelry made of different bones and stones, little rucksack dolls with no eyes, a large string of shrunken heads, small wooden totems of various shapes and sizes, jars full of preserved plants, and several very strange creatures that seemed to be preserved almost perfectly made the decor of the shop seem more and more dark.

At the moment, the sign in the window was flipped to closed. However, the inside of the building was far from empty were one to peek inside. The shadows seemed to shift and move like the ocean as smoke covered the floor. This was a normal occurrence whenever the doctor was home and spending some time in his back room. Towards the back left corner of the store was a single door that lead to a part of the store where customers did not go. The smoke billowed out from underneath the door with an ere green glow. Should one press his ear to the door, they would here the dark and twisted sound of chanting, followed by what seemed to be the voice of a man having a conversation.

After an hour or so of the smoke and the chanting, the green light would fade and the smoke would stop as footsteps could be heard coming towards the door. With a gasping noise and a woosh of smoke, a tall thin figure exits the room with the soft clack of nice shoes on hardwood surfaces. The young man runs a slender hand through the top of his long black hair which falls over both sides of his shoulders. His devilish smile etched into his face as he rolls up the whit button ups shirts sleeves and re buttons the top button of his shirt. A cane held in the crook of his arm bounces up and down as he makes his way over to desk settled near the door. The man takes his cane in hand and points the three skulled pommel towards the front door. There is a clicking noise, and the lights flip on in the shop, and finally the sign in the window flips around from closed to open.

Belladonna wanted to get away from the guards, when she was finally able to get away, she smiled with joy. She didn't like that they followed her every step, and she thinks she's old enough to walk around alone. She walked around, looking for anyone to talk to, she looked around the buildings. She made sure that she was hidden from the guards. "Yay! Me day" she said in a whisper, as she looked around the beautiful Underground.

In front of the huge gates that served as the main entrance to the city, a statue stands n front of it. It was a large statue, towering over 18 ft tall and was carved out of stone. It had a glowing gem on its chest and it pulses every now and then, simulating a hear beat. It was no statue however, though he looked and acted like one, he is the gate keeper, Diethelm. He just stands there, watching out for anyone who wishes to enter, or harm, the city. It was a thankless, not to mention lonely, job but Diethelm is literally built for it, so he had no qualms about his positions. He gets bored and lonely though, especially today. He wished he had someone, or something, to talk to, even just to say hi to. But nevertheless, he stays on his post, not willing to leave it.

Ruby was feeling alone, she walked to a huge building with huge gates,There was a gate keeper, he looked alone. Ruby thought she could talk to the gate keeper maybe he was feeling alone to.

"um..hi.gate keeper..i'm ruby"

He sat in one of the underground's many bars. But he didn't drink, of course he never drank. He needed a clear mind and conscious for his type of work. You could always find Cole in one of the many 'fine' establishments littered about. He had a schedule rather surprisingly, a different bar on certain days. Those who wanted his services would know where to look. He was quite well renowned for his skills; A reputation of death, mystery and overall well paid for protection hung around him.

Cole leaned back in his seat, flicking a coin nonchalantly between his knuckles. His piercing gaze lazily observing the scene around him. He both hated and loved it. Sitting alone, as he watched the world pass by. The hopeless, ruined and the few interesting denizen of the Underground would chatter quietly, mope or burst with raucous laughter. Shadows thrown about to create a masterpiece of the drunk and disorderly, with nothing but bitter alcohol to fuel their intoxicated haze.

The gate keep wasn't saying anything so she left and went to the bar. she walked in and there was a man he looked alone so she sat beside him.

"hi,i'm ruby" she said to the handsome stranger

Hunter was walking in the streets, doing his usual I WAS BORN THIS WAY! greetings. The creatures here were a little weird. He thought at first it would be nice to be social with people. All that was in his mind though, his body acted different. He wanted to 'help' people. He went straight for a bar to get drunk and have the people get blamed for all the murder. Oh, what a nice life Hunter lived in. He entered and saw a girl with blond hair and some wings sitting next to another person. He went to sit by her, hoping for a nice... "HI! My name is Hunter, how are you doing? I like my axe and so should you. Its a handy weapon and think you should look at it." He slammed it down on the floor. "Isn't it beautiful?"

Deep in the city where the glow shined the most bright, a small apartment home's window blinds blocked out the harsh lights. Inside the eerie apartment, all rooms were dark except for the living room. Dimmed lamps brought a sense of warmth to the room. In the center was a black love seat, which bared the weight of Penelope currently sitting dressed in a red nightgown. The color was as deep as the color of her false eye as the candles reflected off it. In her hands, Penelope delicately held a photo of a young man.

"Happy anniversary my darling Finnick," Penelope muttered as she held the photo closer to her chest.

"I promise you my love, this will be the year we finally rid the world of those nasty parasites."

Just then, Penelope heard her phone ringing from the kitchen. Setting the picture down her coffee table infront of the couch, Penelope made her way to the kitchen and looked at the number before answering.

"Hello? Chief?"

@Meowfyre

Diethelm was startled when a girl greeted him. It was strange for someone to be here, especially someone from the city. Most of the people who pass by are those who wants to enter, not to exit. Still, he thought it was a refreshing change from the usual silence, but as much as he wants company, his main priority is the safety of the citizens, and this place isn't the safest place. So he remained silent, hoping whoever it is would think he was just a statue. After a while, the girl left. It was sad, but it was for her sake.

Marius was on his way, until he got distracted by a quaint little human bar. His boss could wait a while right? That guy he fed off of left a bitter taste in his mouth...and what better way to get rid of that than a few cold ones? Without a second thought he moseyed right on into the place and took a seat at the counter.

~~~~~~~~

After a few minutes of laying on the cold, hard ground Sisceal got up. He was shaking terribly, light headed and nauseous and had to hold a hand over the still bleeding wounds on his neck. Everything was a blur around him as he stumbled forward, towards the nearest subway entrance he could find. Or at least what he assumed was one...he blacked out for only a moment and it seemed to have disappeared behind him and was replaced with...with. He had no idea...had he been drugged? Sure he was new in town, but this place didn't look anything like any places he'd ever seen there or even heard of. Weird looking ...people? and shops everywhere. It all looked like he was somewhere in the slums, but surely he hadn't wandered that far. He decided that it was best he ask for directions as soon as possible...at least he was right in front of one of those freaky looking shops...It really saved him a walk to anywhere else.

@zCrookedz

Business was slow to say the least for Lucas today. After he had sold a few of his voodoo dolls, a couple of tomes, and even a love potion, Lucas slammed a book closed and looked over the empty shop over the top of his propped up feet. He looked up towards the corner that his desk was sitting in, where a single shrunken head hung from a rope tied up high. He grabbed his cane and jabbed the head with the bottom end of it. "Oy, Jimbo, wake up ya lazy bone head." The head rocked back and forth a bit on the string, and most people would be quite concerned with the sanity of a man talking to a dead, shrunken, head. But withing a few seconds the skull wast stretching its lower jaw in an awkward yawn. "Aaaaaah, what ya got to be waken meh up fer boy? Can't ya see I was a sleepin?" The skulls thick Cajun accent was a bit mottled as the things jaw moved stiffly. Lucas simply smiled "Aujourd'hui a été lente. I was going to head out and get a drink, think you can watch the shop for me?" The head simply yawned again and did what Lucas new to be his version of a nod, "Ya boy'o, bring me back somethin tasty for my troubles." Lucas simply raised a hand to the skull as he pushed himself up from his counter and made his way across the shop. As he reached the door, he grabbed his hat off the rack next to the door and placed it on his head. Opening the door, he was about to make his way outside when he looked down with a bit of a confused look to see a man who seemed to be bleeding more than normal people should. Lucas leaned against the frame of the door and looked down at the man "Merde. Monsieur, you seem to be bleeding all over the stairs to my shop."

@Axel1313

Sisceal wobbled a bit when the door was open, like the sheer force of it was causing the earth to shake. When mentioned, he looked down at the blood dripping from his neck and then up at the man with hazy, confused eyes. "I...I'm a little lost..." He paused, trying to remember what he was even going to say for a moment. "Do you know how ta get to the west side of town? I need to....um...I need ta sleep this off...somebody must have put something in my drink.." He struggled to get the proper words out coherently.

@zCrookedz

Nothing new...Great.

Well, that wasn't necessarily true. Atlas had managed to gather a few little bits of information. After talking with a few people, and eavesdropping on a couple more, the boy only had enough data in order to piece together a very vague picture of what was going on. It seemed like his number of contacts were dropping by the day; everyone was either falling into hiding or having an unfortunate meeting with Death. His fellow "freaks" were getting too paranoid about the whole Order thing. No one wanted to be caught in the crossfire of the dispute that was taking place.

Atlas remembered a time when gathering information on their pursuers was a simple task. Well... simpler than it was now. Almost everyone was willing to help out. Accurate rumors were spread quicker than a fire in a field of cheatgrass; and the inaccurate ones were a bit easier to pick out as false. Not that it was as much fun back then, but the teenager did enjoy the satisfaction of figuring out enough to help his fellow refugees.

But now, information was scarce. Which meant that his little trips lasted longer; with less results.

He cautiously made his way away from one of the smaller, less important, branches of the Order. The Wraith had spent hours lurking around the building; listening to every bit of information that he could get his hands on. He would've entered it, but deemed the act too dangerous to manage alone; even with his Shadow abilities. The entire compound was no doubt lit up brightly, and was most likely lacking in the dark silhouettes that he desperately needed. Luckily, there had been a small handful of blabbering idiots wandering around; believing that just because they were close to their area of occupation, that they were free to speak about whatever. Unluckily, they didn't say much that was of use to him or the Underground. But, there was little piece that was seemingly repeated over and over again.

Non-humans needed to be extremely careful.

Smiling when he answered the call, in a happy tone he said, "Ah, Penelope! Hello, hello. Hope you're having a good day." Jonathan always prefers to do a little small talk before getting down to business. His happy tone sombers a little as he continues, "Before we get down to business, happy anniversary. I know this is a tough time for you, so if you're not feeling up to my little job for you, just say the word and you have the day off." Jonathan inwardly sighed. He would bet his entire company on her taking the job anyways.

Clearing his throat up, Jonathan's tone drops to a serious one, "We've managed to narrow the location of the fey bastards to somewhere nearby the city, but for the last month the trails been cold. None of the captures are telling anything and there's now pattern we can discern to the appearances. If you're up to it, I need you to capture a fey.We need to interrogate them to get the trail hot again." Smiling to himself as his tone turns back to a happy one, Jonathan continues, "Perhaps after that we can have a drink, live a little on your anniversary, eh?

@rosamortelle

Lucas looked down at the man with a an even more curious expression as the man looked down at the puddle of blood. Lucas could see the tell tale sign of puncture marks on the mans neck. Lucas chuckled a bit "Monsieur, you've been visited by a Vampire tonight. It's very likely he's drained you down close to death." He wasn't incredibly ginger with his next motions as Lucas pointed his staff at the man. The shadows underneath him seemed to almost solidify as the reached up from the ground and lifted the man off his feet. They floated backwards a bit sitting him up so that it was almost like he was sitting in a chair made of shadows. Apart of the shadow even wrapped itself around the wound on the mans neck to stop the bleeding a bit. Lucas stepped down a few steps twirling his cane around in his fingers before reaching the bottom of the steps and leaning on his cane. "Now then Monsieur, the bad news, your not gonna make it to the west side of town before you bleed out and find yourself dead in the gutter. The good news is I myself am a Docteur. I can help you out there, but its gonna cost ya." By now Lucas's face was sporting his usual devilish smile as he eyed the man before him.

@Axel1313

"What?That is impossible..vampires aren't real...or at least the bishop says so..." His eyes threatened to close as he spoke. He was so out of it he barely flinched when the man's shadows sprang to life and he was floated back onto them. At least he was able to catch the words 'docteur' and 'cost'. It was unfortunate that he didn't see the debvelish smile. "Cost? Sure...sure. I'll pay anything. I just want ta get home."

@xCrookedzx

(@zCrookedz. Sorry, spelled your username wrong in the tag. I should really wear glasses when typing lol.)

What a sorry place to be. Coleman leaned his head back and stifled a yawn, closing his eyes a moment. Being an assassin was all well and good, till someone waltzed up and expected you to kill off the entire population of nobility. Oh it was quite the turn of fate, when someone bought his services to kill off an old employer. Some look at nobles like saints. But when they're on the floor, grovelling for their lives that illusion becomes shattered immediately. He never liked them anyway. He didn't 'like' anyone for that fact. All had secrets, and all would sell you out when they saw a flash of gold. Backstabbers, liars and thieves. A woman stealing his heart would be good as dead. Then again his heart had never been stolen. So, he didn't really give much thought to what he'd do.

His hand traced the knife handle, which was sheathed to his hip. He really did have no morals, nor manners to speak of. Children, elderly, husbands and wives. But he would never kill a dog, maybe in self defense yet, he liked the loyalty and respect of such an animal. They would never turn on you, never hurt you. A silent companionship between man and beast. He would've bought a hound, if it wasn't for his job.

And here i am, rambling on to myself about dogs. You need to go out more Cole.

The girl wasn't responding so he got the axe, got up, and left the bar. He headed toward to the castle, to see if anyone was going to talk to him. "Today is a new day for us, the guards are not aware of my whereabouts and I can start a new life." He looks at a goblin running by. "Right?" He punched it across the face and continued walking.

(Now is the time to socialize with him.)

Lucas's smile only widened when the man agreed. He grabbed his cane and thrust the end of it towards the door of the shop. The shadow carrying the man floated by silently into the room, with Lucas following close behind. As they entered the shop, Lucas continued to direct the shadow with his cane as he pulled the door shut. The shadow stretched out underneath the man so he was lying flat on his back now on a black cloudy tabled of shadow. The shrunken head hanging on the wall quivered a bit and blinked its sunken eye sockets as Lucas walked over beside the man. "Eh boyo, wherez that drink you promised meh?"

Lucas shrugged off the head as he hovered over the man before him. Now that he was in the light he could make him out a bit better. Lucas recognized the mans clothing almost instantly.
"Now then Prêtre, I collect payment.....up front...." Lucas waved his hand in the air a bit, and a small glass vial was produced out of then air. Lucas pulled the stopper on the bottle and placed the open mouth of the vial next to the mans wound. The shadow parted and the blood filled the vial in a heart beat. Lucas removed the vial and stoppered it once more, then with another wave of his hand the vial vanished in a poof of black smoke.

With a smile Lucas once again looked down at the priest.
"Now that THAT is out of the way.......lets see about that vampire bite.....shall we?" He began to chuckle to himself as he waved a hand over the man, the shadows underneath wisping away like clouds to reveal a table with runes carved into it now underneath the man. Lucas held his hand over them man's neck for a second as the shadows disappeared and he placed a hand over his throat, his thumb lying on the vampire bite. Lucas closed his eyes and then reopened them, now completely black.

The air in the shop grew still and the hushed whispers of something, or someone, where the only noise as the runes on the table began to glow with a fiery red glow. Lucas began to mumble something to himself as the vampire bite underneath his finger began to heat up with the same fiery glow the table had. It would be painful, depending on how high the priests pain tolerance was, but it would close the wound and hopefully seal any vampiric curse that might follow with the bite.

@Axel1313

"Take whatever you need out of my wallet...." He replied sleepily. His eyes were half closed as he was moved into the shop and laid down by the shadows. "I just want to get home as soon as possible and sleep..." He was completely unfazed when the doctor collected some of his blood in a bottle and when he put his hand around his neck. What really got to him was the sudden burning sensation he felt on his neck. His eyes widened and he tried to wiggle away from the docteur's grip, but he wasn't strong enough after losing so much blood from the bite.

@zCrookedz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back