• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground: Age of Wars

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Austere felt the breeze of the swords on his neck as they danced just behind his head. Sitting there in stunned silence as he pushed aside his grievances to try and comprehend what was happening now.
It wasn't till the gun behind him was fired , flooding his memories with that nightmarish sound, that he moved. The young dragon moved quickly and stiffly upwards with a sharp gasp as he roughly shoved Lily out of harms way. Unknowing of where the bullet was aimed till he felt a sharp sting in his back, just a couple of inches below the shoulder blade. His hide may have been tougher than usual but even at that range the bullet managed to dig itself in painfully deep.
Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe Aridis Aridis

As Rai embraced Vytas she closed her eyes for a moment. It felt right to be there, warm and close to something she'd been lacking for quite some time. She began to relax when the shot rang out through the hallways. Her body tensed and she nearly toppled over in fear.

Immediate thoughts of invasion and attack filled her mind at the sound. That horrid sound coming from down the hall where their eldest brother had been. "Vytas. Vytas! Austere a-and someone maybe or something! W-We need to run! Or find him! Vytas we need to do something!" She yelped in fear as she grabbed his hand. Rai couldn't make the choice of where to go in her panicked mindstate. She wanted to go to their brother, but her pure panic of the noise scattered any bravery that may have formed otherwise. "Austere might be hurt or he could be dead a-and I didn't get to say goodbye and I yelled at him and we have to do something! Vytas we're gonna die!"

"Well if you're going to die, why not do it with your family? Come on little Rai, go to him and see what will happen. Death isn't so bad... You can join me if you do." That little voice was the trigger for her movements. She bolted towards the throne room and towards her brother as quickly as she could without caution. There was barely any time to stop and she practically toppled over upon entering the scene. At least everyone seemed alive, but someone was likely harmed by the gunshot. Based on his expression, Rai guessed her brother was the target. "Austere." She huffed quietly. Now that she had stepped into the room, her nerves abandoned her as she tried to go to her brother. Her legs didn't want to move quickly and fought her advance as she slowly moved forward.
Aridis Aridis Axeykins Axeykins Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Alexis winced, she kept om forgetting that Marius could not see. She felt horrible now,"Oh beloved, it's easy to forget that your blind. I'm sorry." she apologized, getting on her tippy toes and giving him a peck on the lips. "Now that's a good idea, what's your favorite genre?" she asked Marius as her eyes scanned the book stands. Axeykins Axeykins
"Don't worry about it. It's always difficult to tell with how clear my eyes are, or so I'm told. As well as that pesky habit of reading auras as well." He grinned. Bopping the end of her nose with his finger. "Anything but those strange dark romance novels. The kind with all of the Gods, vampires, werecreatures, dark hunters and daimons and etcetera. Psht. They are so overrated." He chuckled and leaned into her kiss. "So pick any but those."
Black Forest MLady Black Forest MLady

His hairs on the back of his neck raised as he heard Una's dark chuckle. But Gareth snorted and gave a nod at what she said. "Let him know being king isn't simply looking the part." he told her. "And who knows, perhaps seeing his brother squirm will have Vytas calming down."

Speaking of the two, he remembered what he had done. His magic holding the two, giving them just a taste of his power, and Rei standing in the doorway. Looking back, he once more felt the guilt of letting his anger get the best of him in that moment. "But perhaps I was a bit to... physical with the two earlier today." He was calming down by this point, and he was thinking more clearly. Though a small part of him would not let Austere's accusation of him leaving his wife to die go.

"Don't worry about it. It's always difficult to tell with how clear my eyes are, or so I'm told. As well as that pesky habit of reading auras as well." He grinned. Bopping the end of her nose with his finger. "Anything but those strange dark romance novels. The kind with all of the Gods, vampires, werecreatures, dark hunters and daimons and etcetera. Psht. They are so overrated." He chuckled and leaned into her kiss. "So pick any but those."

Alexis giggled as he bopped her nose,"You reading auras isn't pesky, it could be quite useful." she said, eyes scanning for an adventure or maybe a classic story of a prince and lowly girl. She picked out a few reading how the titles so Marius knew what they were. "Is that good, love?" she asked. Axeykins Axeykins

"Austere!" The shriek had left her lips before she had even hit the ground. Immediately scrambling to her feet, she dove back into the space that her fiancee had pushed her away from. In the time that it took for a heart to finish a single beat, the Enchantress was back at his side. One arm was wrapped around his front in order to keep him from toppling forward, while her free hand delicately traced around the bullet wound. It wasn't a lethal blow, but if Austere wasn't careful it could be a permanent injury. Once she had established that the prince wasn't in danger of dying on her at that moment, her full attention turned toward the idiot that dared to attack him.

Lillianna's irises flashed with a rich violet light and seemed to glow brightly despite the fully lit environment. Despite the fact that there was no breeze, or wind to speak of the inside of the throne room, her hair and skirt flowed around her wildly as if a full-blown storm had appeared. Her aura had darkened significantly, and pure energy seemed to radiate off of the woman. A pale hand raised itself to her mouth, where she bit into the soft flesh of her thumb. It only took a moment for the dark crimson liquid to start appearing from the wound. All the while, her gaze never left the individual who had shot Austere. In her current state of anger, she hardly noticed the two children who had rejoined them.

"I will give you one chance to keep your life, and one chance only." Though her mouth was moving, Lillianna's voice seemed to come from everywhere at once. The words were cold and her tone was hollow as she spoke. "Leave."

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe Axeykins Axeykins ( Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed )

Vytas was in a state similar to his sister's, but with a little more logic shoved into the mix. He may have been dragged to the throne room, but he wasn't about to let Rai pull them both toward Death; he was already well acquainted with the guy.

He didn't need to see what was happening to know that something horrible was about to happen, he felt it. The moment that they stepped into the room, Lily seemed to change into a completely different person. She was normally soft-spoken, and always stayed in the background even when she was alongside Austere. She seemed like the type of person to cry whenever she came across a wounded animal. However, this was much different. Bloodthirsty couldn't cover the intensity of the murderous intent that he could simply feel radiating off of her. When Rai tried to run to their brother, Vytas was quick to act.

He grabbed her arm and yanked her behind one of the support pillars in the throne room. Once she was close enough, the teenager latched onto her and hugged her close to him. His eyes were wide, and his heart was racing at dangerous speed.

"Rai, don't even think about it!" He hissed. "Don't run blindly into this. If you're not careful... If we're not careful, we could die. We're going to wait for an opening, okay?"

What the hell was going on?

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Somehow, they managed to safely make it to the safehouse. They managed to catch a cab without too many weird glances, and once they got off Atlas bragged that it was because of a cloaking powder that a demon named Marx had given him. It was either that or Marx had been a lying little shit and had just given him glitter, and they had just gotten lucky with a driver that had seen stranger sights before. Just to be safe, the Wraith made them walk the last three miles. But, they eventually made it there in one piece.

Atlas had set Sisceal down on one of the cots and immediately started hunting around for the first aid kit. His first patient was to be Shion, since the idiot had gotten himself shot and was more likely to die from his immediate injuries. Pointing at a spare bed, he stared down the Raijuu. "Sit. Shut up. Look pretty. Nurse Atlas is going to make you look fine and dandy so you can go back to babysitting our next Lord and Savior."

Okay, as much as the raven insulted Austere behind his back, it was all in good fun. The prince was one of the few people that Atlas genuinely respected not out of necessity. He could be a bit irrational and moody at times, but the Wraith knew that he meant well. He just needed a few lessons on how to run a kingdom and how to not let his emotions get in the way of his work, that's all.

Axeykins Axeykins Hoki Hoki

Caius & Noëlle
"Leave...? You want me to leave? Funny. When I asked your kind to leave, y'know what they did? They murdered my parents right in front of me then damn near killed me too," Caius said in response to the rage-induced Lillianna.

"So go ahead. Tell me to leave again. In fact, you don't need to. I'll leave; but I'm taking a few things with me," Caius said as he tossed his pistol up in the air, letting it spin, and spin, and spin... Then, he pulled his hand back down, and a small light flashed. "Noëlle's and the new king's life."

Bang.

The gun Caius tossed fired another bullet at Austere, meanwhile Caius drew out another gun and fired at Noëlle. The act wasn't over with just two bullets though; Caius dropped a bomb, which flooded the entire room in a dark purple, almost black colored smoke.

"Huh...?"

. . .

"Ah..." Noëlle said in realization. "That... hurts..."

At this point, Noëlle had a small sword sticking through her side as well as a bullet in her shoulder.

"I have just one request before I kill you," Caius said calmly from behind Noëlle. "Don't go to hell. That's where I'm going, and I'd prefer to not have to spend an eternity with you."

Pulling the trigger once more, a last gunshot could be heard before the sound of a person falling to the floor. Caius took the same route out that he had taken in, being one of Noëlle's many passages throughout the Underground, all the while Noëlle herself laid face-down on the ground and bleeding out.

Noëlle may have been bleeding out, but she didn't really feel any pain at this point. She'd already felt this same pain before, just worse and on an emotional level as well.

"You got what you wanted," She said quietly to herself as the smoke around the room began to dissipate. Caius had likely gotten out of the palace by now with how quick the passageways were, and the only ones who'd be able to follow him were all on the other side of the Underground and unaware of the situation at hand.

"Well, guess this is it... At least you're satisfied..."

Tags Aridis Aridis Axeykins Axeykins Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

"Lilly. Please don't, you don't know what this one is capable of. We could be putting my siblings and everyone else here at risk." Austere strained as he held his side tightly. Putting his other hand gently on her shoulder. Fury towards whoever this fool thought they were welled up inside of him. Making his eyes burn brightly. He hated seeing his fiancee like this. Using her powers out of anger and pain. She should never have to use them in such a manner in this haven.

"He is-" The young king inhaled sharply as yet another bullet pierced his flesh. This time digging itself into his hip and thoroughly knocking the air out of him. He tried screaming for the guards but as soon as he opened his mouth the smoke bomb was set off by the mysterious man. Making him cough sharply and gasp for air until it finally dissipated. Still sputtering for a full breath of air he clung tight to her shoulder. "C-call the guards in and attendants. We....we need. Medical assistance immediately. Forget about whoever that was, please my dearest? I shall call for the soldiers and guards to do a thorough sweep and increase defenses."
Aridis Aridis Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed ( Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Hoki Hoki )

At long last. A bed, not much of one but far more than he'd ever been given while detained by the Order. As soon as he was set down in it the man closed his eyes and sunk in with a sigh. Slowly but surely letting his sore, damaged limbs stretch out as fully as they would go without making anything worse.
"sleep well young one. your injuries will be healed soon. the lady knows of your imminent arrival and condition and is preparing as we speak." A fairy who had been tailing them whispered into his ear as he drifted off. The small creature then hid itself away carefully to safely keep a close eye on him as the wraith tended the badger man.
Aridis Aridis Hoki Hoki

"Oh how well and quickly the young jester shall learn that." She smirked. He demeanor quickly changing to the far sweeter one as the younger prince and princess were brought up. "Perhaps, but Vytas is a different story entirely. That boy is less the rebel and more adventurous to a fault from what I've observed. He lets his curiosity get the best of him which...I will not go into details on that matter. There's no reason to." She smiled softly at the King. "Don't beat yourself up over it too much Gareth dear. You know what is best for them and there is always a chance for reparations if need be. Correct?"
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

"Just you wait. They will be far more irritating than you think~" He teased. Leaning over to steal another kiss from her. "As for those stories? I think they sound amazing love. I can't wait to hear them from you." He was about to go on when his phone chimed in his pocket. "Ah, just a moment." He flipped it open and walked to a small, more secluded alleyway to avoid prying ears. He was there for quite some time before returning to his lover's side.

A glitter covered Sisceal didn't attract attention - it really wasn't fake, Atlas, don't worry - but after they were seated in the cab for a while, the smell of blood that came from both demon and human was enough to make their driver grimace. Shion agreed with that reaction, and now that everything really was slowing down he wasn't feeling any better. He was trained for everything that life experience didn't cover. Well, for the most part. He was still new to the whole guard thing and life never allowed a break to adapt. That being said, his wound was hurting so much more than he wished to admit. It wouldn't begin to heal the tiniest bit faster until the blood stopped or finally scabbed over. At this rate, he figured it wouldn't be for a while.

The safehouse was-- He couldn't really tell what it was, lingering by the door as Atlas took care of Sisceal. There were walls, of course, a few beds or means of sleep, undoubtedly a bathroom and a smaller kitchen that was probably stocked with stuff capable of surviving nuclear fallout. As the Wraith laid Sisceal down, Shion took a small breath, closing his eyes and lowering his head with a sort of gentle smile. His senses were highly refined now, so he could practically smell the wave of security that rolled through the priest. The breathing, though hitched and heavy, evened out after a short moment.

All of those broken parts in his body... If everything was still in their appropriate places, Shion figured he'd heal well. Maybe some scarring from the force of damage, but scars were usually tolerable. He was relieved, letting out the breath he had taken in the form of a sigh. That was when Atlas turned his attention on him.

Yeah, Shion tried to tell his friend that he would be fine on his own - if you ignored the hand still tightly clasped over the wound - but naturally he wasn't having it. The demon had no other choice but to obey, walking quietly to the bed as Atlas' scolding stare prodded into his back. He laughed a short, rather breathy laugh at the mention of Austere. Naturally he pushed down the rising guilt and shame for leaving his prince's side for something like this, and focused on the present. What really kept him smiling and his expression soft was the start of the command: "Look pretty."

Three years ago when they first met, Atlas had said the same thing as he carried him to the castle. Back then, it was kind of amazing that this friendship of theirs came from their short battle with the few Order members; Vytas had been killed and Shion was on a rampage for the first time, but once the crazy settled he and Atlas escaped together. It marked a big change for him, for everyone really. One of these days, the Raijuu would really have to return that jacket - though it probably didn't fit anymore.

He sat on the edge of the bed, the shifting causing a sharp intake of breath to pass through his teeth. Now was no time to be all tough, so he didn't really resist the small reactions he gave to the pain. Shion began to pull off his gloves first, dropping them down in a small pile by his foot. His gaze had wandered over Atlas, then to Sisceal who was asleep now that he was rescued. After a brief pause, his brow furrowed slightly. "So.." he started, his voice a little rough, "Who is he?"

Aridis Aridis ( Axeykins Axeykins )

The moment that the attacker disappeared, more specifically when Austere was shot a second time, she allowed herself to obey her fiancee's words. Every fiber of her being screamed at her to follow, and to track down the stranger in order to make his last days on earth a living hell, but there were more pressing matters at hand.

Lillianna turned toward the Prince and clung to him in order to make sure that he wouldn't suddenly collapse. Her intense aura and appearance very quickly disappeared. In a matter of seconds, she was back to the quiet and proper appearance that she usually harbored. Very carefully, and with more strength than it appeared she could have, the Enchantress lowered Austere to the ground. She was quick to destroy the skirt of her gown, bundling up the fabric and tearing off strips in order to create temporary bandages. "You aren't going to do anything. You're going to sit here until help can come, and we'll be doing all that needs to be done." Lillianna glanced back to the pillar where both of the younger siblings had hidden behind and raised her voice so that they could hear her. "Vytas, please go get help! get your father too. He needs to know what has happened as soon as possible. Rai, can you please come here? I need help, we need to treat these two as much as we can while we wait for help to arrive."

Turning her attention back to Austere, she grabbed his hands and placed them on the two injuries; more specifically on top of the bundled cloth that she had placed over them. The Enchantress muttered a few words under her breath and kissed his forehead. Partially because she was worried about him, and partially because she needed to place a spell on him in order to ease the pain. It wasn't anything too strong or dangerous, all it would do was desensitize his nerves and make the area around his wounds feel numb. "Keep pressure on those, okay? I want to do more, but neither bullet made it all the way through you. Plus...."

Plus there was someone who was bleeding out much faster than Austere. Unlike him, however, the bullet that had entered the second stranger's body had passed all the way through.

Lillianna further destroyed her dress and tore out a larger quantity of bandages. She targetted the bullet wound first, and wrapped it tightly. It would be easy to heal, but the injury created by the sword was much more severe. "Rai, can you keep pressure on her shoulder? I need to treat the bigger injury first!"

Axeykins Axeykins Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

She didn't even need to ask. Vytas was all too willing to get out of their and to get help.

He darted out of the throne room, yelling as he went. Every servant, every guard that he came across he ordered to get medical assistance to the throne room, and to tell him if they knew where the King was As for the guards, he demanded that they search the castle and the land around it for a male with long silver hair and several piercings. Vytas did this for a good couple of minutes before eventually finding where his father had disappeared to. But by the time he had found Gareth and the Fairy Queen, he was out of breath and on the verge of collapsing from both anxiety and exhaustion. The kid had just sprinted at full speed around the entire castle, after all.

"Dad!" Vytas shouted. He skidded to a stop behind the two royal rulers, his breath so labored and shaky that it was difficult to form words. "Austere... h-he was shot. S-someone attacked... S-stabbed someone...someone else. H-help!"

Axeykins Axeykins Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Well, like a few years before, it appeared that Shion would have to come out of the experience missing some clothing.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Atlas literally had to cut off some of the Raijuu's shirt in order to get a good look at the wound. The cloth was heavy and wet with fresh blood and had begun to get a bit hard and crusty from some that had started to dry. It wasn't really a shirt anymore. It was more of a glorified bloody handkerchief at this point. The Wraith did his best to ignore the faint scars and the more prominent hints of scars that stayed mostly hidden under the remaining parts of the shirt. He stayed busy and kept his attention on the current injury.

He made sure that there were no bone fragments or bullets that were lodged beneath the skin before he started patching it up; first starting with cleaning the bloodied hole and then moving on to his favorite part, sewing.

"Sisceal is a friend," Atlas admitted. "We met when he had accidentally wandered into the Underground. He had been attacked by a vamp, and was drunk off his ass too. I was given the job of escorting him back upstairs without giving away that he had found a sanctuary of fae... And everything just kind of went downhill from there. We were picked up by Order members. They barely touched him because he was human, so I got all the special treatment. You know those two guys who we just faced off with? They were there, along with this sadistic chick. The kid who shot you... he was in charge of torture. It wasn't fun..." His knee and hand ached just thinking about it. Thanks to the drill he had a permanent limp now, and his right hand was slightly warped--but still fully functional-- because of their escape. It made Atlas want to throw up to think about what Sisceal had gone through after several years.

"Long story short, we escaped. But I turned my back for two seconds and left him alone in order to give a report to the King and... when I came back he was gone. The apartment was a mess and... Now we're here."

Hoki Hoki ( Axeykins Axeykins )

Removing his jacket had been the easy part after the gloves, albeit with some difficulty, and then the dark, ash gray button shirt. The buttons had been infuriating to deal with - why did they have to be so tiny?! In the end, he kept it as well as the under shirt on. As Atlas snipped into the shoulder, he only had to hope that he had clean clothes in his room back in the Underground. Otherwise he needed to get them washed-- Irrelevant. Truly irrelevant.

The wound became more exposed to the air around them, stinging the still sensitive flesh and making him flinch at the sensation. It was like needles prickling through his skin, each little twinge radiating throughout his upper body. Perhaps he was just being a big baby. The scars in question, however, that Atlas was so nobly ignoring - scars that Shion had briefly forgotten about until he felt the tear in the clothing shift too close to his joint - were a fleshy, faded yet bruised kind of red; deep, like mauve.

They were only slightly visible with the current state of the opening, branching in a gentle, wide and fluttering feather-like pattern. The soft nettles of a fern could possibly be the best way to describe it. Shion was quick to become uneasy, all sorts of emotions churning in his stomach; he had completely forgotten about the fractal patterning on his skin, as scarce as it appeared in the moment. They were just the "excess" of what lay further down on his torso - that's what he liked to believe - so it was easy to move on once Atlas answered his earlier question.

It was an interesting story. Admittedly, neither of the young men knew everything about each other, so each new thing came as a little bit of a surprise to Shion. He had seen the old damage to his friend's hand, he had noticed the limp (could practically smell it), but never knew the details of how it happened. Speaking of... When they had first met - ever since they first met - Atlas always had a sort of limp. It must have been before Vytas was killed, so Sisceal had been in a world of hurt after... After what? The report? Deep in his gut, Shion feared that the report mentioned had been the one the Wraith delivered after wasting time carrying him back to the Underground.

He hoped not.

Before the guard made to respond, his ears tuned to a shouting voice. It was frantic and concerned, but... He couldn't make sense of it. The tone shifted in his head between one he knew and one he didn't. Whatever the case may have been, it had him scowling at his lap, bringing up his right hand and rubbing his face.

In any case, his wound was now as clean as it could've been thanks to Nurse Atlas. He wasn't a big fan of stitches or anything, but as the Wraith prepared to make the patchwork Shion decided to suck it up. "You would've been in big trouble if I hadn't followed you," he teased softly. His gaze shifted over, lips curled in a slight playful-slightly worn smile. "It's good, though.. Good that he's alive, that you have him back again."
Now knowing the situation, it was more or less understandable as to why Atlas had been in such a haste.

Aridis Aridis

Last edited:
Rai was quickly across the throne room and to Lilliana's side. She didn't want to help with this person she didn't know, she wanted to go to her brother right away. Resentment bubbled up in her stomach and she pressed far harder on the wound than she needed to. At the moment she hated Lilliana. She hated that Austere loved her, that his bride couldn't protect him, and that Lilliana was giving her orders.

The moment a servant entered the room, Rai stood up and ran to Austere. She couldn't care about the unknown body she left to a servant. She didn't care that their blood was on her hands. Rai simply ran to her brother and got on the floor with him immediately.

"Austere, please don't die! Please don't! You're not allowed to! You have to stay here! You can't leave!" She reached for his arm as hot tears decided to pour down her face. "I don't care if you hate us! Y-You just can't leave! Stay alive! You're not allowed to die! I-If you die I'll kill you! No. Um, I'll kill you again! I'll resurrect you and kill you and then resurrect you again! Don't you dare leave us!"
Axeykins Axeykins Aridis Aridis Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

There weren't many things to do around the house, despite Marx's best efforts. Years before they had access to the internet, but that was quickly shut down throughout the Underground as a precaution; which also meant that they lost cable. There was a television, but Caly had already seen every DVD and VCR tape a million and one times by now. In fact, there were no VCR tapes anymore because they were worn down to extinction. The same went for all of the books. Occasionally Marx would bring a new one, but for the most part, every single page had been read over several times. Sure there were board games and a few video games to play, but she either needed someone to play with or had continued the tradition of playing them one too many times.

It kind of sucked.

Today the girl was occupying herself with cooking. It was one skill that she had picked up throughout the years, with the aid of a lot of trial and error. It had gotten to the point where she could make something absolutely delicious out of just about anything. Hell, Caly could make brussel sprouts taste heaven. Her chosen dish for today? Beef stroganoff with a bunch of magical bull replacing organic mundane ingredients.

Just like every other day, she was waiting for Marx to come back and to hopefully give her the okay to go outside. It had been forever since the brunette had the chance to leave the house. All she could really do was stare out the windows and wait until something interesting passed the building. Caly had even started writing about everything that she saw just to make things more interesting. Already, she had filled up three notebooks.

( Hoki Hoki and/or anyone who might want to break into the house)

"Perhaps, perhaps." Gareth told Una as Vytas ran up to them. What had gone wrong? Had his fool of a son already screwed something up? No, impossible, he had barely been king for a minute, it could not be possible. The throne room, was it? Well, looked like he had another place to be. "Come, Una, your assistance might be appreciated." he calmly told her as he briskly walked down the hall back towards the throne room. He did not know that his eldest had been shot, twice, and his Master of Shadows was sprawled out on the floor dying.

But he was soon cured of his ignorance as he entered the throne room. He was quick to act. Clapping his hands together, a magic circle formed around him, to further focus his already great magical powers. "Austere, you really must transform from time to time. It really helps in these situations. It takes the edge off." Even while his son was shot, Gareth was condescending to him. But that was simply because he was in no immediate danger. His Master of Shadows, however, was experiencing the rapid loss of a large amount of blood. "Lilliana, dear, you''ve done well. Attend to your moronic fiance."

Now standing over his Master of Shadows, he bends down and places on hand on her. "Una, you are far more experienced in this sort of magic. Do you mind leading? I will assist you with my power if you need it." A cursory probing of the damage via magic showed that the cut was far worse than it would appear, not surprising really since she had fallen face first. And though he could not safely heal her, he could at least keep her from drowning in her blood. So he gingerly lifted the Master of Shadow's head off the ground and cradled it in his hands.
(( Axeykins Axeykins Aridis Aridis Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe ))

By the time the King arrived, she had already made significant progress. Lilliana had not yet mastered any spells to prevent blood loss or to replenish blood, but she knew enough to get a good amount of work done. She had ended up reaching into the wound after pulling out the sword, and healing organ by organ as she slowly made her way to the outside. The blade had gone in deep, and she had to be careful not to accidentally merge two organs together. However, by the time help had arrived, all that was left was the bullet wound to attend to, as well as the skin and the fact of severe blood loss.

When she heard Gareth's order, the Enchantress silently bowed her head and moved away from the body of the strange female. Her forearm was coated in blood, which she ended up wiping off with the skirt of her now tattered dress. As instructed, she traversed over to her fiance, who was slowly losing blood.

Her hands went to the bullet wound at his hip. The bullet had made contact with the bone, and she could feel fragments of it shifting around when she applied pressure. Austere wasn't nearly as close to death as the stranger, though it would be wise to act quickly. Had he been human, things would have been a lot worse. But thanks to his naturally tough skin, it would be a good while before Lilliana had to worry about death. Permanent disfigurement, however, was a completely different matter. "Rai..." She spoke softly. "I doubt that your father or anyone else here would dare allow him to die."

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Axeykins Axeykins Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Atlas nodded softly and finished the last of the stitches. He wrapped the wound with a bandage and very quickly grabbed a sponge and a bowl of soapy water. There was a lot of blood still on the other's skin, and it needed to go. Once the Wraith had cleaned all of the exposed flesh of the crusty reddish-brown substance, he ended up with the scissors back in his hands. "Come on, we need to get you into something semi-appropriate. I'm guessing that your bosses would rather have you in mundane attire than half-naked and bloody. I'll try to keep to the front, I promise."

As curious as he was about Shion's scars, or at least about the bit of one that he could see, he knew better than to ask. For some, their scars were painful reminders that were better off forgotten; or at the very least they were embarrassing to talk about.

Starting at the shoulder, Atlas began to cut down the fabric. It was already completely ruined by the blood and his previous work, so he doubted that it would be too bad if he just chopped up the rest.

Hoki Hoki

"Your assistance will be much appreciated Gareth dear." Una was right at his heels as they entered upon the scene in the throne room. "My magic are powerful but some extra power is always welcome for these situations" With a snap of her fingers the room was filled with a soothing aura. Light spores fell softly from the ceiling as her potent healing magics filled the room. "This should help to stabilize them both so they can be healed properly. After such we still do need to get them to the infirmary area. As it is not wise to spend much of my magic when not needed."

"I'll be f-fine...I'm far tougher than you think." Austere spoke through clenched teeth. Holding his side and hip tightly as blood oozed between his fingers. Using Lily as means of support as the room spun. More from pain than blood loss. Hating every moment of his father demeaning him yet again today. Only this time he hadn't done anything, which lead to it stinging worse than usual.
"Do NOT call me moronic...no-one expected the assassin and....I couldn't have transformed. I can't..." He stated bluntly as he looked away in shame. "All of those reports from tutors, servants and guards. Lies." Austere's breathing eased as Lady Una's magics dulled the pain. "Nothing but lies hidden right under your nose."
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Aridis Aridis Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Last edited:
Liana
"So... I suppose I'm no longer untouchable by the denizens of the Underground, am I...?" Liana said slowly and calmly, despite her body balancing between life and death. "At least nobody else was killed, and he is happy," She added on before closing her eyes, letting herself rest against the cold ground.

"Well... I suppose I don't need to say it, but I won't be able to be your Master of Shadows any longer..."

With that, Liana spoke her last words before her consciousness faded, leaving her life to the hands of those around her. Their efforts to heal her did help, though she wouldn't live from just patching up of wounds; there was no telling how she would end up with how she currently was.

On the other side of the throne room, the same direction Liana's head resided in comparison to her body, a bullet rested within the wall. It had a slight hue of green to it, as did all other bullets Caius had fired previously. The bullet in the wall was different though, in that it had a single drop of a greenish-clear liquid trailing down the wall from it.

Unbeknownst to those in the throne room, every bullet Caius had fired had been coated in an anti-magic poison, which was slowly draining the life out of Liana and, should Austere not be treated for it soon, would cause irreversible damage to his body.

Tags
Caius
"Damn, whole city's after me. Gonna make leaving here harder than hell," Caius said to himself as he peered out of his hiding place within the city, watching guards running around to try and catch him. "Given the circumstances, I'd assume the other assassins are after me too... Guess that rules out the tunnels..."

Drawing his guns, Caius proceeded slowly through the city's passages and alleyways, avoiding any path that a fellow assassin would use for travel. He opted for any secret path that he had both discovered prior to becoming an assassin as well as had not been informed of as an assassin, which managed get him about half-way through the city before hitting a major problem.

"Dammit...! Guess I'm gonna have to just book it,"

Caius said as he aimed his gun at a guard whom had just spotted him, shooting them in the head then sprinting off. "Gate isn't safe, secret passage is a no-go... Guess I'm gonna have to go up the same way I fell down...!" He said to himself in thought, running through the city and shooting at any guard he finds chasing him. By this time, the whole city knew where he was, and it was one hell of a problem for him.

"Why do these filthy creatures have to exist!?"

Tags
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Axeykins Axeykins Aridis Aridis Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Hoki Hoki
(And anyone else in the Underground, because commotion and gunshots everywhere)​

There Atlas was, being mindful and courteous to whatever the demon had going on underneath the security of his clothing. His right hand lifted, gingerly running fingers over the bandaging and now cleaned skin. He spoke softly to himself, though not so much so that he went unheard, “It’s fine.. It’s not— I don’t...mind.” Shion allowed his head to hang a little as Atlas got to work with the scissors.

Truth be told, it was kind of amazing how little there was to be known about his time before the Underground. He served the Royal Family and even they didn’t know all of the details; they trusted him enough to do the job and didn’t concern themselves with his origins. If they wanted to, it wouldn’t take much to kill him off. But Vytas had known he wasn’t a usual citizen of the Underground almost instantly upon meeting, and Shion knew a great deal more about the human world than expected of typical fae.

Granted, not all fae had to live in the sanctities scattered across the globe. If you could pass for human no problem then you were as set as you could’ve been - it was just never recommended considering the circumstances. Despite that, Shion had tried going to a human school (a failure) and, against the unyielding facts that surrounded all of them each and every day, he couldn’t hate the humans like others did.

The scissors snipped through the fabric and his newfound anxiety had the scars that marred his left side prickling with tiny electric needles. Atlas was being careful - god bless him for being careful - but if these layers were ultimately going to be trashed because of their stains and tears, then there was no real avoiding it, was there? His chest was spared from the mauve fractal patterns save for the space just under his arm, however those scars weren’t his biggest concern. The Wraith would stick to the front but those simpler scars AND the tail ends of two of the main ones did trail just sligtly down the abdomen.

Three years ago, they had been faded and pale. It was because of the resurge, of the Raijuu’s awakening that they even had the color that they did, now more prominent with the electricity that coursed— that re-coursed through it like circuitry. These “Lichtenberg figures” were fascinating in his eyes.

His hand briefly caught onto the Wraith’s own, stopping him from cutting any further as his gaze shifted over in an almost desperate way. He trusted Atlas enough to not mind showing off these scars - especially when, deep in his mind, he knew that it didn’t matter much these days - however that didn’t stop him from wanting some kind of security. “Look, Atlas..” the Raijuu tried, “I really- It’s fine, it really is, but I think that they’re kind of...off putting.”
Yes, Shion was worried about the appearance of it. At the same time, could you really blame him? When you see scars sometimes it changes how you see another person; you’re always wondering how, why, when, and what, all at once in an expression you don’t know you’re showing.

These ones didn’t hurt anymore, the memory was almost the same way, but Shion was growing increasingly aware of the jagged grooves.

Aridis Aridis

He wasn’t a soldier.

Within the Underground, just a small level below the lone, rising paths that reached the ceiling were a few “nests”. Some hung from the paths like sacks, others like stiff stalactites. Buried or protruding from far walls were homes. All of them had a view of an empty void below and the thriving society above. That’s where Marx belonged; in a small little place he called home that protruded slightly over the abyss and saw everything through its rectangular window.

He knew every detail. The bathroom with the single sink, clawed bathtub and neat looking oval mirror he had acquired. Floors were tiled with a black and white checkered pattern; the ones in the pathway of the door as it swung inward were scraped down in texture and color alike.
The living space was a beautiful mess with a dull green couch facing a TV that was parked right up against the wall. No doubt was the floor still littered with scratched CDs he had to replace, DVDs and ancient VHS tapes that still needed to be rewound back to the beginning - god bless Pokémon 2000. Then the amount of books that spilled from wall mounted shelves and an additional bookcase (which stored everything he had entertainment wise) rivaled the number of discs. He wasn’t a big book guy, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t know that Philip Roth is a great writer or that A Wrinkle in Time is his favorite book.

The kitchen was attached and mediocre at best with just the essentials. A few counter tops, the tiniest granite island, two bar stools are different colors and styles, and cabinets overhead were mere additives. He didn’t care much for the gas stove or the tall, mint fridge, but god damn did he love his plug-in black microwave and the top ramen in the cupboard.

And tucked in a slightly sunken in space, open and connected to the rest of the house, was the bedroom. The bunk bed with matching, universe patterned comforters and pillow cases and the walls that slowly became more and more decorated as time went on. He was a bottom bunk, the bigger bed of the set and directed with the head against the wall and the feet towards the living room. Crossed over the top with its side against the wall was the top bunk, much more neatly arranged than the bottom.

Marx Noe was never intended to be a solider, so someone needed to explain to him why he was in pursuit of a running prick. Okay, he didn’t know the guy, and he was summoned there as a favor in the first place; apparently this person, that a friend of his in the Royal Guard was so hellbent on chasing, had just wounded the eldest prince. Great.
He wanted to go home.

Then, there was the sharp ringing of a gunshot, and in the briefest moment Marx saw a guard go falling to the earth. Fear rippled like monstrous tidal waves throughout the immediate area - a satisfying sensation, surprisingly, though he wouldn’t admit it after someone just got murdered - and went with the others as they hunted him down. A bullet just barely whizzed past his face as he came a little too close. Whatever vibe he was getting really set off alarms in his head; and very little set off those alarms!

The teen had to fall back. Look, it wasn’t his job to chase this guy, it wasn’t his job to get caught up in this. Now that Marx registered the threat of death he knew he couldn’t be involved - try again four years ago, universe. He broke away from the pack, leather wings snapping up to lift him from the ground and carry him to a temporary stone perch.

Unfortunate or not, the Little Devil had a reason to stay alive. He settled for watching the chase continue and the shops be fired, all the way until the armed male was getting lost in the bustle. His hand rose, drifting against the skin of his cheek that almost - almost - got grazed by a lucky shot. There was no doubt in his mind that this marksman was INCREDIBLY dangerous. But a member of the Order? Down here? Already?
Impossibl— Okay, maybe not impossible, but he didn’t like the look of things. Usually though, he didn’t care.

( Aridis Aridis Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe )

Just you wait. They will be far more irritating than you think~" He teased. Leaning over to steal another kiss from her. "As for those stories? I think they sound amazing love. I can't wait to hear them from you." He was about to go on when his phone chimed in his pocket. "Ah, just a moment." He flipped it open and walked to a small, more secluded alleyway to avoid prying ears. He was there for quite some time before returning to his lover's side.

"Oh how well and quickly the young jester shall learn that." She smirked. He demeanor quickly changing to the far sweeter one as the younger prince and princess were brought up. "Perhaps, but Vytas is a different story entirely. That boy is less the rebel and more adventurous to a fault from what I've observed. He lets his curiosity get the best of him which...I will not go into details on that matter. There's no reason to." She smiled softly at the King. "Don't beat yourself up over it too much Gareth dear. You know what is best for them and there is always a chance for reparations if need be. Correct?"
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

"Just you wait. They will be far more irritating than you think~" He teased. Leaning over to steal another kiss from her. "As for those stories? I think they sound amazing love. I can't wait to hear them from you." He was about to go on when his phone chimed in his pocket. "Ah, just a moment." He flipped it open and walked to a small, more secluded alleyway to avoid prying ears. He was there for quite some time before returning to his lover's side.

Alexis blushed as Marius stole a kiss from her, before going on about his senses on auras would indeed become annoying and how he couldn't wait to hear her read them to him. Though just as he was to continue, his phone chimed in his pocket. She watched him walk over into a small, secluded alleyway. She knew from past experience that the phone calls that he gets usually are from his demon master. He was gone for a good 20 minutes or so before he returned to her side. She was still at the book stand looking over books. She looked up to him when he returned,"I'll take you must be off, then?" she asked, she was a bit sadden, but knew he had to do what he must. Axeykins Axeykins [Also does his master know Alexis is human? xD]

Gareth was fairly calm, considering his son had just told him that he hadn't been transforming. "Can't, or won't." he said calmly. As he allowed Una to use his magic, he felt something strange. Something resisted him. And more often than not, their magic would unravel completely. "Oh dear, that's not good." he muttered before looking up to Una. "Can we delay it?" he asked her. His son must also have that poison in him, but again, he seemed to be in much better shape than his Master of Shadows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back