• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The underbelly of Ohnee:: rp page

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
images.jpeg-25.jpg
Here in Ohnee danger lurks behind every corner. Be it monsters able to pass the walls to the Conurbation's farmland or the scum lurking the city. Danger wasn't on Lalo's mind as he entered the Reedi district and turned left into what's known as "Game street." As the sun sets Lalo discreetly adjusted the merchandise on him and proceeded towards the Flaming Wolf, a tea-house that served more booze and food then tea. Lalo always did his Tallo business in or near the Wolf because he enjoyed the menu and the Coooz Elves don't usually visit the Reedi district. This business was for himself but its actually a job set by Whyro Salvat, not many know this man is a legendary Alchemist.
But a mugging attempt by Lalo was swiftly foiled by Whyro, it's a story Lalo doesnt like telling but it ended with the two strangers forming a alliance... to work together in taking over Ohnee.

Regardless of that encounter the first steps would be taken tonight but Lalo wouldn't be walking the path alone. Lalo nodded towards the staff in the Wolf and took to his table with his back facing the wall whilst having a clear view of the entrance and the street via a window. He ordered his usual and waited for his acquaintances to arrive...

Deàmin Saurcut, a fellow tallo enthusiast and a reliable merc. Has been buying off Lalo now for at least a year. Whenever he owes Lalo gold Saurcut helps his dealer on dangerous jobs. As far as extra muscle goes Saurcut is solid.
Apollo Banks, a man who grew up with Lalo as a street rat years back. Knowing Banks works any dirty job available and is still alive to this day is enough to convince Lalo he is worth running jobs with.

Folk come an go down the streets lost in their own world, street rats throng about the closing food carts for scraps and a chance target. The Joonah clan loiter about protected buildings keeping watch for unwanted sorts. Lalo's drink and food arrives quickly thanks to a bit of preferential treatment so he sips his beer before chomping into a piece of fried duck. Their work is certainly cut out for them...

The first thing that can happen in lots of ways is to raise money. Whyro needs a place to do alchemy and a damn lot of equipment to do it right. As a illegal brewer this place needs to be hidden aswell as up to the Alchemist's standards. A expensive endeavour...

The second thing to start is planting seeds, spreading the word. Selling off the glow Whyro has bottled will make some money but more importantly it brings attention to the Glowing product that everyone will want an clamour for. When everyone realises only a select few people sell the glow, that only one person is capable of it. Those seeds grow into customers who will pay any price for the authentic glow.

Number three on the list is the trickiest to handle, survive and thrive. Alot of people would kill Whyro just to be done with glowing potions forever, others would kidnap or torture the man in a effort to acquire his knowledge. For Whyro to takeover and change Ohnee alot of factions need to perish or fall in line. Not to mention the royal knights under order of King Hartwell to eradicate any source of illegal brewing.

The task now being raise money, Lalo wasn't going to risk big game in Joonah territory without backup.
Saurcut knows this is the meeting spot, Banks arriving is still up in the air. If the street rats did find him and give him the message, the man may be to busy to turn up.

In a different district of Ohnee was Whyro Salvat who had a different agenda for the evening, enjoying a drink by himself watching people again as inconspicuous as he could. His clothes certainly looked better then most in the tavern, his aged face sporting a unusual confidence... Half a bottle of wine was gone before Whyro found someone who may be worth recruiting.
==============================
Zambi Zambi Bambiholic Bambiholic Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Peanut145 Peanut145
Make a first post when your able to. Lalo is waiting on the boys to explain the situation a tad...
Whyro is searching for useful allies...
Both stories start at different points but the group will meet soon after the first night.
Follow the rules of rpn, don't be a dick OOC.
Post order is "1, 2, than you" as in after you post let two others post before you go again. I may break this rule to post as whyro or npcs/enemies. The requirement is once or twice a week, if you can't post because of life that's fair enough but if you end up not wanting to play say something so no one waits.

If you have questions im happy to answer them, either way have fun y'all

Last edited:
IMG_0151.jpegAlice tidied up her small room. It was much smaller than the room she grew up in. The entire bar was practically the size of her house. Despite the fact her room was much smaller she liked it much better than her room she had at her old home. This room felt like her’s even if the bar keep decided to let her live in the attic of the bar only because that meant he could slice her pay in half.

She folded her single ripped blanket and set down nettle on the mattress she called a bed. She fixed the few books she had kept from her old life and dusted them off a bit. She pulled her wild curly hair back into a ponytail with a yellow ribbon she had bought with her first paycheck.

She opened the door to the trap door to the attic and jumped down stairs in to a small room behind the bar. Her knees slightly buckled causing her to have a moment of panic before she righted herself. She took in a deep breath and moved to behind the bar.

Last edited:
1685048568018.png
Apollo Banks

Somewhere on the other side of the run down town, around about the market area, there was a commotion as customoers and merchants alike were complaining about being robbed/pick pocketed to the local guard. The guards mostly ignored their complaints as there was 'nothing they could do', blaming the common occurrence on the rampant street rats running around and carrying out their plans of theft. One of the so called 'rats', a young boy dressed in rags with short blond hair and a clear confidence in his eyes from the success of his last mission, was running down a nearby ally way, on his way to deliver a message and lost in thought. As he turned the corner, however, the boy bumped into a much larger figure, falling backwards onto his ass and looking up. His face almost looked deathly cold when he met eyes with the person he accidentally semi-tackled, a tall man with half of his body obscured by the allyway shadows, only his red eyes passing through the seemingly never ending darkness. A letter was clutched in the boys right hand, a little crumpled but the contents still readable. Remembering the description of the person he was supposed to be delivering to, the boy stood up stumbled over his words to explain. "S-sir, I b-believe this letter I-I have here is for y-you.

The man looked like he had murder in his eyes due to their color, but his stare showed more of curiosity than anger. He took the letter and read the first few words, his eyes widening a little before returning to their normal emotionless hue. "Watch where you're going, kid." were his only words, leaving the boy to gather his things and take off again. Apollo Banks was his name, and he was a blunt and sly bastard that does anything to get the job done, no matter how dirty or morally lacking the method is. Usually cool and collected, his face screamed otherwise as he read the contents on the note, a look of slight uneasiness planted on there as his eyes scrolled over the letter. 'Lalo..' he thought, before putting the paper in his right pocket, sighing to himself. 'It's been seven long years since we last made contact. What do you want this time?'

He was suspicious. This could easily be some sort of trap set up by his former rival to take the competition off the streets, but at the same time could also be Apollo's paranoia showing as he pondered on what his next move was. 'The Flaming Fox, huh?' Banks thought, his head turning in the direction towards the supposed "Tea Shop". After about ten to fifteen minutes of walking, the meeting spot was in sight, which didn't exactly settle his nerves. The smell of booze and different kinds of food hit his nose before he could even enter the shop, making him wonder if this place really even sold any sort of actual "tea".

Without any more hesitation, but with his guard kept all the way up in case he was about to get ambushed, Apollo entered the store, his wavy black hair blowing in the breeze of the open door as his blood red eyes scanned the bar for his.. 'aquaintence' shall we say. And when the male found them, he wasted no time in making his way over, ignorning all of the other patrons. "Yo.. Lalo.. It's been a while since you've required my services. What exactly have you called me here for this time?" he'd ask, his voice gravelly and deep. Apollo didn't bother to sit down at table with Lalo, instead standing and waiting for a response whilst he leant on his cane, his eyes fixated on the man.

NeonFlow NeonFlow

Last edited:
"Apollo Banks you tall pale slab of muscle... don't be so cold, your old friend Lalo has called you out for a drink and potential job. So Sit, eat and order a drink. Fried duck is great and everyone at the flaming wolf loves me, so even you can get ale half price."
Lalo's smile is a genuine one, having survived the streets together as homeless children brings a sense of solidarity. (To Lalo anyway)
Even without seeing each other for years Lalo felt like he could pick up right were they left off. Of course years apart goes differently for each involved and he had no clue on how Apollo actually felt. Lalo chuckled to himself before saying
"honestly I expected him to show up before you, glad you still think fondly of me. We're waiting on a buyer of mine who helps me on jobs when gold is tight. Reliable sort by the name of Saurcut, can't see anyone hiring you to kill him but on the off chance that actually happens im asking you personally please don't. Deàmin Saurcut is something of a friend of mine. Same way I like you I like him so it'll kill me inside if friends of mine come to blows. I hate unnecessary trouble."
Lalo motions to Apollo to sit and join him, as stated the food was great and drinks for Lalo and friends of his got half price.
============================================================
Whyro was about to pour another glass of wine when a incredible sight entered his field of vision. As if she was lit up by the heavens above, it was a short girl (or young woman) brown skin black hair and tremendous mana.
Not only does she radiate magical strength, this girl has transparent mana.
Invisibility magic. Something Whyro needed...

Whyro felt nervous, he wasn't sure how to approach or what to say.
why is someone so talented working at a shitty bar? Is she inherently gifted? no... she probably has no knowledge of her potential... she's most likely a unfortunate soul to end up working here, she has potential she isn't aware of... I imagine the thieves guild would want this barmaid, but I need her as a ally.
in reality all that probably needs to be said is...
"i will pay you good money for your assistantance and time"
but to be honest Whyro isn't one of the charismatic sorts in Ohnee.
He's spending his time thinking up a way to better convey the message
'i need your blood to make Invisibility potions which will help me become a kingpin of the criminal underworld'
Whyro drinks another glass stoically playing scenarios over in his head.
The easiest way to succeed is most likely promising money, but how to convey that honestly without sounding like a creep or a necromancer is beyond mr Salvat at this time.

Though he does very much look like a target for those wanting to rob others in some way.
===========================
Zambi Zambi Apollo and lalo's story picks up once Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna gets a chance to make a first post.
Peanut145 Peanut145 Alice's story picks up once Sena Bambiholic Bambiholic arrives to ask Alice for potential targets or just arrives to target Whyro.

Either way no one should feel pressure to respond immediately, life comes before fiction and hobbies. Let two others post before you post again.

Last edited:
IMG_0151.jpegAlice looked up and felt eyes on her. It wasn’t usually an odd feeling to have while working but it was a slow night. She looked around and spotted a man around her father’s age. He was balding if not bald and wore glasses. There was someone mysterious about the man but she wasn’t sure what made her feel that. She tried to ignore the man and keep cleaning cups, but she kept running through nightmare scenarios in her head. What if he wanted to fight? What if he wasn’t happy with his wine and yelled at her? What if he was some kind of kidnapper?

What ifs kept swirling around her mind as she cleaned. She was slightly shaky the entire time and kept looking back over at the man. This of course was her reaction to everyone who stared at her for a little bit too long in her opinion. Since being kicked from her home Alice became somewhat paranoid which wasn’t helped by the fact that for the first weeks of being on the streets her paranoia was often right.

Last edited:

Picsart_23-05-20_07-09-29-575.jpg

Senna ,, Yoshimoto ❜ ─ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 sneak thief ─ ❛
mentions: alice, whyro ; location: the flaming wolf
tldr: entering the flaming wolf and approaching alice

Senna approached the supposed tea-house slowly, stopping and taking a long look at the building before sighing under her breath. Business these days had been going far too slow for her liking. She feared The Flaming Wolf's local patrons were soon going to get wise to her tricks, with the sheer amount of jobs she'd had to do recently. Too many of her last victims, despite happily spending large amounts of gold on getting shit-faced up until the early hours of the morning, didn't have much to their name back at home, and so she hadn't managed to pick up anything of real value for some time. She planned on asking the bartender, Alice, for any useful leads - afterall, there was no way she wouldn't have noticed that Senna had been up to something by now. If not, she probably thought Senna was just very very lonely.

After a moment of plotting how the conversation should go in her head, Senna took her straw hat off and hung it on her back before entering the tea-house. Upon entering, the young woman's dark eyes darted around the room, scanning as many faces as she could while walking in the direction of the bar so as to not draw any attention to herself while she was looking. As well as the usual regulars, there appeared to be one or two new faces she'd never seen before. Perhaps she could ask about them at the bar. Before she thought of how to word her question without giving too many exact details away, Senna had arrived, and so she took a seat on one of the stools. The first thing she noticed was the slightly panicked expression on the bartenders face. "Alice, is it?", Senna asked softly, not wanting to intimidate the woman. She couldn't help but notice an older-looking man with a vibe she couldn't quite make out. He surprisingly didn't appear to be all that drunk, so that ruled him off her list. It wasn't as if she couldn't pickpocket sober people, but it was far less risky and more fulfilling taking advantage of sleazy drunkards who deserved it.

coded by archangel_

Last edited:
1685156834593.png
Apollo Banks

"Apollo Banks you tall pale slab of muscle... don't be so cold, your old friend Lalo has called you out for a drink and potential job. So Sit, eat and order a drink. Fried duck is great and everyone at the flaming wolf loves me, so even you can get ale half price." Was Lalo's reply to Apollo's question of what he was doing here, which didn't change his expression of unamusement in the slightest as he continued to stare down at the man for a few seconds.. Before ultimately sighing and pulling out a chair to sit down, placing his sword-cane so that it was standing upright on the wall beside them. "What is that supposed to mean? I can get a free meal here if I wanted. My methods may be a little bit more.. underhanded than yours though." he replied, now looking more bored than anything else as he waited for a waiter to serve him. "It seems like the years haven't changed you all that much, Lalo. You still look like the same old fake Shrouda to me." Banks spoke aloud, just before the male could get his next sentance through about his friend who'd be joining them shortly, which only made Apollo sigh and complain more.

"
How many people are going to be on this Job? You know working with others isn't exactly my speciality.. And in regards to the assassination of your man.. As long as he doesn't incessantly try to annoy me, there should be no problem." he'd reply, the waiter finally being free from their other customers just as he finished his sentance. The well-mannored tea and food server scurried over to take Apollo's order, clearly sweating from running around the resturant attending the customers wants and needs. "What do you wish to order, sir?" the overworked male asked, waiting for a response as Banks looked the man up and down for a moment, before ordering. "One herbal tea and a serving of today's special." "Will that be all, sir?" "Yes, now leave us."

The waiter swiftly left the table, mumbling under his breath how rude some people are. Apollo heard the comment, but didn't care enough to retort. With his elbow on the table, Banks leant his head against the palm of his hand, his senses picking up a wide variety of signals. The sound of people talking, dogs barking in the distance. The smell of the food cooking in the kitchen and different kinds of tea's and alcohol being served. And the sight of everyone in the tea shop, enjoying their meals and conversations. It indeed was a nice and fun enviroment, but Apollo just looked utterly out of it, almost lost in thought, even with all these sensations threatening to bring him back to reality.

NeonFlow NeonFlow

IMG_0151.jpeg
Alice flinched a little, she hadn’t noticed the pale dark eyed woman walk in. She always felt bad for the woman, she seemed so lonely. Alice gave her a smile before responding to her question. Her voice was soft “Yep that’s me… I like your hair, do you cut it yourself?“ She gave the woman a smile. Maybe she could befriend her it would recently make the woman look less lonely. Alice pondered how to befriend someone who know next to nothing about or how to befriend someone in general for that matter. She continued cleaning cups carefully.

Alice had been warned that there was someone stealing from the patrons. She was supposed to be trying to figure out who it was but Alice was exactly the best at spotting those thing. All she knew about the thief was that they picked on drunk men and that was scaring away customers. The barkeep was enraged but Alice was slightly proud that sleazy folks were finally getting their just punishment.

09311e47dbce16d5d4286754d0c6565cf51aaab9_2000x2000.webp

The average height man sauntered down the street, thumbs hooked into the weapons belt strapped to his waist. A pipe casually clenched between his teeth as he took a poof of the bittersweet Tallo. Looking up he saw the sign for the Flaming Wolf, he knew he was a little late, but not so late as to cause concern for his friendly acquaintance and current employer. Pushing through the door, noticing the gathering of local gang muscle as he entered, keeping his head down in a non-threatening manner, but pulling his long coat back just enough to show he was armed and carried himself in a manner as to not come off as an easy mark.

Once through the door, he looked around the tea room, as of looking for someone, and he was looking for Lalo, but he was also sizing up the space for threats and means or eggress. As always his first priority was to secure the safety of his employer, otherwise he didn't get paid.

He spotted Lalo soon enough, giving a friendly chin nod and smirk, he waved to the bartender with two fingers and then pointed to the area Lalo was seated, ensuring that his double strong spirit would make it's way to the table and hopefully be added to the tables tab.

"Hey boss, sorry about the time." Giving a friendly smile to Lalo as he pulled the pipe from his mouth, turning a chair around and sitting in it backwards, as well as sending a friendly note towards Apollo. "Had to finish up some other work first." Straddling the backwards chair in a comfortably confident manner, even though his back was to the entrance. He knew he was blocking any straight assault or shot at his employer, and if someone wanted to get close to Lalo they would have to literally come through him.

Subtly was not something Deámin was known for. Reliably, dependability, and loyalty, were however. He was getting paid, even if it wasn't in coin.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Zambi Zambi

Lalo finished his drink and kept with the small talk. "you really don't see much difference ey? Suppose that's a good thing though."
Eating more duck and finishing it as his buyer arrived.
"Saurcut, glad you came. Guy beside you is a old friend of mine, goes by Apollo. "
Lalo pointed at Banks before continuing.
"I brought you both here to discuss something important..."
He reached into his knapsack and placed a vial on the table which emitted a blue glow equal in brightness to the candle on the table despite being such a small amount of liquid.
"... ever seen a glowing potion with your own eyes? I've met the brewer who makes it, the alchemy he makes is more than incredible. His words exactly is i can make anything possible if i have the right ingredients and equipment. Thing is he knows very little of all else. He has no clue what a small vial of glow like that should be priced as. This man wants to be a invisible partner to those who could change this city. This man believes i am one of those people. With his alchemy I probably am.
with his alchemy, we all are."

Lalo takes the vial back to his bag as he keeps talking
"so I want to cut you two into the deal, help me set up my new friend, with his alchemy we could accomplish anything. Rule this city from the shadows. I won't lie this will be difficult, but the rewards are ludacris... that vial of blue i showed you? I have fifteen more and they temporarily allow its drinker to use water mana. I can make my weapon in it's ghostly form as usual, but at this moment I can shoot water with such pressure and force I can cut a man in half..."
To demonstrate this he held a fork from the table to make a ghostly copy, with his left hand on the table he conjures a ball of water to rotate and swish in his hand before splashing onto the table as his ghost fork disappeared. To any who saw it was hard to deny that this man could use two types of mana
"Not that i'll murder someone to prove something but to my immediate point, i want us to finance this brewer who in turn will support us in taking over Ohnee and shaping it as we see fit."
Lalo looks at the two with a huge grin, awaiting their answers he uses his dry hand to eat more duck.

Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Zambi Zambi
==========================
Whyro is still drinking, but his eyes are caught on two ladies with the same mana. Unsure how to approach he finished the bottle of wine and waited for the short woman to approach whilst waiting tables.

Last edited:

yoshimoto.jpg

mentions: alice ; location: the flaming wolf
tldr: trying to get info on a potential new target

Senna's expression changed slightly upon hearing the woman's compliment. She didn't have much experience with being complimented by someone who didn't have a hidden ulterior motive, but Alice's soft tone and warm smile told Senna that it might have actually been coming from a place of genuinity this time. 'Strange', she thought to herself. "Only when it's in need of cutting," she responded truthfully - she would only cut her hair when she was a wanted woman and could no longer risk showing her face in an area. When that time would come, she'd also always flee and start working in a different sub-district of the city; different taverns, different men, different authorities on duty - less attention. "I think I'll be due for another one soon." she added, this time more quietly as if it was only a passing thought meant for herself.

Senna was about to gather her thoughts and change the subject after being distracted by the woman's compliment, but she seemed to recall these interactions being less one-sided, and didn't want to come across as rude - at least not to someone who might be able to get her more work, anyway. "Ah, right.." she thought awkwardly aloud, looking directly at Alice and scanning her features to think of a compliment in response. Luckily for Senna, Alice's features were effortlessly pretty so she didn't have to think long. "Your hair is far more remarkable than mine, and your eyes are reminiscent of gold." she said with a polite smile, "You must get a lot of trouble from the patrons here after dark" she added, her smile soon fading as her thoughts returned to business. "Say.. are there any patrons in particular that come to mind?"

coded by archangel_

Last edited:
IMG_0151.jpegAlice blushed slightly scratched the back of her neck. She never really knew how to handle compliments. Some hair had fallen into her face and she fought against the urge to brush it out of her face. “You yourself are a sight to behold.. you always look very strong which I find an admirable trait to gaze at.“ She moved as she walked and started cleaning a few tables. She moved toward the older man who had been staring at her before, she felt less unnerved by him the closer she got.

Alice squinted at her question, she was slightly confused how why she might asked her such a question “
Well… I’ve never really been good at knowing when people are flirting at me or honestly being rude to me but there was this one guy who was annoying. He kept going over to one of our other patrons and going Oh I love little red haired girls like you.
Which isn’t really unusual but he would it give up and kept knocking her wine over.
“ She sighed it had been hard to deal with that night and so she had just waited for the man to leave and gave the girl her drinks half off. Alice kept cleaning tables and eventually got to the older man’s table washing it was her browning cloth and giving the man a smile.

Whyro waited until the young woman who caught his attention was close enough to speak to without shouting, as luck would have it she was soon taking his empty bottle and wiping the table over for good measure.
"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why is someone with as much magical talent as youself working in a bar instead of being a magic teacher or a... thief?"
The last part said much more quietly, though before a answer could come Whyro continued "I hope it isn't rude of me to ask but I would like a moment of your time, aswell as another bottle of wine along with a second and third glass."
Placing a gold coin on the table, more then enough money for a bottle so it could be interpreted as this man buying her time.
"I can promise you I have no ill intentions, infact I possibly have a lucrative offer for you and your sneaky friend."
The way he smiled implied no bad vibe but it was obvious he knew Alice's 'friend' was a criminal of some sort.

Peanut145 Peanut145 Bambiholic Bambiholic

Last edited:

yoshimoto.jpg

mentions: alice, whyro ; location: the flaming wolf
tldr: watching alice and whyro's conversation

After hearing Alice's initial remark, Senna's eyes widened slightly. Sat two stools down at the bar had been a drunken middle-aged lady whose friends had seemingly left her to snooze the booze away. In one swift movement, Senna reached for the unconscious stranger's half-empty tankard and chugged the rest of it in a matter of seconds. She knew she was strong - that much was obvious - but never once did she think of herself as admirable, nor had she ever been praised for attributes that didn't involve her physical appearance.

Thankfully for Senna (or at least for the maintenance of her cool composure), the worker then moved on to answer what she had came to find out in the first place. Alice hadn't provided much details about the target, but the details she did provide were more than enough for Senna to plot her next move. She was to return to the Flaming Wolf each evening until this young, red-haired patron returned and acquire more details about the man who had been bothering her. If the man was as stupid as he sounded, Senna might only have to observe and wait for him to repeat his antics, putting him right in Senna's crosshair. Sometimes it was as easy as that. "I see. Thank you, Alice. You've been a great help to me." she said, not wanting to distract the woman from her work for any longer than she needed to.

Just as Senna was about to get up and leave the bar, her eyes caught a glimpse of gold that happened to be leaving the hand of the older man she had seen earlier. 'How interesting..', she thought to herself. It wasn't entirely uncommon for business deals to take place between wealthier patrons in tea houses, but to hand a gold coin to a barmaid probably meant that there was more 'business' going on than what meets the eye. It was rather difficult for Senna to make out what the man was saying to Alice with the sound of mixed chatter filling the room, but for a split second, she could've sworn she heard the word "sneaky" leave his mouth.

The first thing that came to her mind was that the mysterious man could be working undercover on behalf of the authorities, in which case the gold would've been him bribing Alice for information on local criminals. It was a stretch, but its better to be overly suspicious than completely oblivious when crime is what keeps a roof over your head. Senna decided that it was high time she left, but if she got up at that very moment it might appear suspicious. She wasn't in the mood for a chase, so she sat a little longer to see how the interaction would play out.

coded by archangel_

Last edited:
IMG_0151.jpeg

Alice grinned at her and said “No problem, I’m happy to help.” She gave into the urge to brush the curls out of her face. She waved at her and sighed slightly to herself. She didn’t quite know how to keep a conversation going.

She turned to the older man and stared at him. She rolled what he said to her around in her mind. She set down the cloth and ran over to get another bottle of wine and the cups the man requested. She sat down and took a moment before she spoke “
Well, working here wasn’t exactly the plan…. I wanted to be a scholar that studied magic but that didn’t quite work out.” She took a breath and bit her lip. She didn’t know what to say after that but kept rambling “I wouldn’t say I’m the most magically talented, I feel I could still improve… I certainly wouldn’t make a good teacher of any sort. I definitely couldn’t be a thief, that sounds much too stressful for me.” She poured the wine before she kept going slightly frustrated at the fact she forgot to do before her rant.

She looked back at where the girl might bed. Alice cracked her knuckles and tried to feel the man’s magic if he had any, it was strong and it was at least some sort of water magic. She stared at him and responded “
I mean I wouldn’t mind a lucrative offer, as long as it isn’t anything too illegal. She isn’t really my friend, I want her be if she wants be, she doesn’t have to though, if that’s what she wants…“ at the end of her ramble her voice started to trail off.

1685509758579.png
Apollo Banks

Apollo was about to reply with his own hint of sarcasm, before another male joined them at the table abrubtly. He was going to speak up about the sudden invader of privacy, but stopped once Lalo had greeted them as.. "Saurcut, glad you came. Guy beside you is a old friend of mine, goes by Apollo."

Banks eyes narrowed a little as Lalo introduced him, his gaze scanning over the mans weapons and equipment, checking if this guy could be dependable on a mission. With the way he sat in front of his employer to protect him from danger, the red eyed male assumed that they were at least decently trained. And as much as he hated to admit it, he did trust Lalo's judgement of character, since he spoke with a lot of people on the daily to pry information. After Apollo was finished with his analysis, his shoulders came up in a small shrug. "Well, he looks reliable at the very least."

Finally though, the time had come for the male to learn why he was here in the first place. And let me tell you, the deal was very interesting, at least to Apollo. But, even though Lalo had demonstrated the power that these 'glow bottles' emit, Banks still wasn't convinced enough that this Alchemist could help them rule this city from the shadows. To do that, it would be highly dangerous and would require a full proof plan to pull it off.

"I'm sorry, this all sounds fine and dandy and all, but has this Alchemist of yours actually got a plan? I'm not going to put my full trust in something that could end up getting me killed." He'd say truthfully, he hadn't come this far just to put his trust in some senile old man and get killed because of poor planning. Apollo also had trust issues, but we're not going to talk more on that just yet.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Lalo kept his grin despite Apollo seeing all but the negative "you don't trust anything" Was the retort with a dismissive wave of his arm. The smile faded and Lalo spoke with less of the casual tone.
"Besides that isn't the point. You saying you don't see the benefit of helping the pinnacle of Alchemical genius set up shop in your corner?"
Lalo asked a question he already knew the answer to
"Ruling the city is a dream everyone has at some point but for us it would come later. With support from the Alchemist who makes anything possible we can achieve more then we comprehend..."

It's a hard task to sell one on what seems impossible or to good to be true. Alas it was a chance meeting if ever. "you don't understand what this guy can do. I seen him drink a vial and then he could see the mana inside of people. Could look at you an know it's dark magic, look at old guy and know it's fire. Man makes alchemical Aima moshu, he... I can't explain half of what I've seen him do..."
a bit of frustration came from literally being unable to explain what he witnessed that fateful night.

Lalo sighed and continued with a controlled voice.
"the man is amazing, thing is though if the man had a plan he wouldn't need me. This guy could be the kings personal doctor tomorrow if he wanted to, head of magical studies in the knomage college, but he doesn't. For whatever reason he wants to work with lowlifes like us..."
Lalo shrugs but goes on
"you'd to see to believe but to get that chance I have to get to work, work i can't do alone."
finishing it off by addressing Apollo's concerns of death.
"people get killed in Ohnee all the time, if im dying in this shithole its gonna be in a better place then the street or gutters that's for sure. It's up to you if your in or not, but you won't get this offer again."

Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Zambi Zambi
=========================
At a different establishment...

Whyro took his glass but poured two glasses of wine as a invitation. Taking a sip as he listened to his new drinking friend. "I feel your being to modest, your transparent mana is abundant and honed. I can't imagine anyone spotting you should you live a stressful life."
Despite bringing up correct details he shouldn't possibly know, the man didn't seem to be saying this in a antagonistic way. The one thing Alice knows at this point is it is strange for one to determine another's mana or magical skill from appearances alone. To do so requires very specific magic.
"Allow me to introduce myself. you may call me Mr Anigans, I don't mean to brag but I am a man of many talents that most would call incredible, sadly... To utilise these talents i need assistance from a few strangers, help from others and overall to put it bluntly i require employees to support me in my upcoming venture. I would like to hire you immediately to be honest but frankly I am getting ahead of myself. May I ask your name and if you are currently happy with your career at present moment?"
Peanut145 Peanut145 Bambiholic Bambiholic

Last edited:
09311e47dbce16d5d4286754d0c6565cf51aaab9_2000x2000.webp

Deámin turned and gave Apollo a curt nod, looking him over to size him up. Since he was a friend of Lalo that put him in a neutral category at least.

Turning his attention back to his boss as he spoke, explaining and then demonstrating the quality of the Glow. This really drew his attention, not that the potion could give him additional mana, but if it could do that it could very likely fully heal someone, maybe even restore or prevent a lost limb. He had seen a single bottle of Glow a few seasons back, some prize their Captain had gotten. Now he has used, on others, the lessor options with limited positive results.

As his drink arrived, the mercenary medic pulled out his pipe and began filling the thumb sized bowl with a small pinch of Tallo. Nodding slowly as the he bit down on the tip of the pipe. "So... You want me to do..." Lifting the candle to edge of the pipe as he puffed to light the Tallo, letting out a few small puffs of smoke. "Sell this?" He gave a small shake of his head. "Not a good plan boss, I'd be better at keeping it safe moving to and from a sale." Lifting his drink and taking a sip, enjoying the warmth as it traveled down his throat and spread through his chest. "But I'm in."

IMG_0151.jpeg
Alice smiled blushing slightly. Once again Alice wasn’t exactly great at taking compliments let alone down right flattery. Her ponytail had completely slipped down and her curls ran wild. She pursed her lips and spoke “Nice to meet your Mr. Anigans, my name is Alice Conji Estio Drago Graystorm the third. “ she shook his hand. She hoped that sharing her family name wasn’t a mistake, she’d heard of nobles getting kidnapped for ransom. She knew that if she were to be kidnapped her family certainly wouldn’t pay to get her back.

She thought to herself, what do I want in life? She didn’t really know growing up it was to gain her families love and after that it was to be a scholar. She wasn’t sure what she wanted know, she spoke before figuring out how she really felt “
Well, I don’t really enjoy working here for the most part but the barkeep here, Alec, I owe a great debt. He helped me get off of the street. Have you hired anyone else yet, how much would you be willing to pain, and could I get a place to stay in the meantime?“ She bit down on her lip, worrying if she was being too demanding.

She stared at the wine, she disliked the taste of alcohol nor did she enjoy being drunk. She push the wine glass toward Senna, Alice had a feeling that she wouldn’t want to drink much either. She hoped she did enjoy drinking though.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Bambiholic Bambiholic

1685585075126.png
Apollo Banks

Banks thought about the deal as the male was speaking, Lalo making a lot of sense in his coming words as he explained just how important this mission could be. One might think of Apollo as cowardly for not outright accepting this mission and instead questioning it, but cowardice and information gathering such as this was important to surviving in this city, at least for a wanted criminal such as himself. He has never lived the lavish life of a noble, but he was starting to think that this oppertunity could be his chance to make it into those golden gates of so called 'paradise on earth'. Even he had to admit that he was sick and tired of his current circumstances and the hint of taking over the city that once dragged him down only fueled his desire for power more.

"I think I've heard enough. I'm in. But I want to meet this Alchemist myself before anything concrete happens."

Apollo replied, the chance too good to pass up on as he thought more about the rewards he could reap from it later. Lalo definitely had a way with words, you could say. Finally though, the thing he had been waiting for had arrived, his herbal tea. It seemed the duck wasn't fully ready yet to be served, so his drink came first. The waiter left the table almost as soon as he placed the cup down, steam rising from the yellowy green mixture, the smell hitting Apollo's notstrils in a pleasant aroma as he went to pick it up. He made sure to clasp it with both of his hands, taking a small sip with his eyes closed, a sigh leaving his lips as he placed the glass back on the oak tables surface.

'I must return to this tea house. They know how to brew a damn good tea.'

Banks secretly thought to himself as he once again went to speak up.

"I'm more concerned about the fact he wants to work with criminals such as us. He could just be luring us all into one big trap, I'd say the coin on our head has increased in the past seven years or so.."

He put the thought out there, though this wouldn't mean he would go back on his word and be out. He was generally interested in the proposal, but still had his own concerns that he needed to address.

Lalo shook his head at Deàmin's idea of selling Tallo "would need to steal alot to much to make the money we need... I couldn't sell that amount quick enough even if we did steal it."
His usual smile returned as Apollo gave his word on joining, along with the obvious question of why would someone so accomplished work with criminals?
"nah, if he wanted to trap or harm me he could of done it by now. As for meeting the man that comes later... he's a skittish sort, doesn't do anything remotely dangerous unless he's prepared and ready. Which brings us to the first order of business. Money for a set up."
Lalo patted his knapsack saying
"while i have a decent stock of glow to sell...There's more aggressive things three dangerous men can do for quick coin. That said we would be making enemies every step of the way if we go fishing for dealers to rob and places to loot"
=========================

Whyro glanced about before saying "are you staying here? That doesn't seem like it would require a great debt owed. I imagine that gold coin i used to pay for one bottle of wine would easily solve that debt. As for others I've hired, I am in the process of recruitment and only have one man under my payroll. At present moment payment is not something I can give a accurate number on as it wouldn't be a set salary to start. I can guarantee you a place to stay that is as good as your current arrangements or better. Any work done for me would not be done freely, I fairly compensate all."

IMG_0151.jpeg
Alice sighed and leaned back in her chair. She ruffed up her hair even further. She felt conflicted, stay were she was and feel secure or take a risk that could cost her. She chose risk “I don’t owe Alec a debt of coin, I owe him an emotional debt. I will accept your offer though, I just hope he understands.“ she wasn’t sure if she was making the right choice but it was her choice.

She put her hand out to shake Mr. Angina’s hand. Her stomach turned slightly. Her hand shook and she looked deeply worried, she usually did though. She plastered a fake smile on her and tried her best to make eye contact.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Bambiholic Bambiholic

Deámin nodded and puffed gently on the pipe while Lalo continued to talk and elaborate on the vague idea of a plan.

Though the comments about meeting this Alchemist, it being a trap, and bounties, definitely raised one of his eyebrows. Taking a slow drink he gave Apollo a sidelong look. 'How much coin is on your head?' He thought, returning his attention back to his current employer.

"Aggressive things is why I'm here. Being a mercenary has it's advantages, not to mention a working knowledge of various anatomies can make things a bit less dangerous for us." Tapping the tabletop with his knuckles, as if warding off ill fortune. "And we have a supply of unexpected advantage in our possession, should things get out of hand." The medic's tone was casual and confident, which matched his posture. Sticking the tip of the pipe back between his teeth taking a slow drag and breathing in the wonderful smoke.

Apollo Banks

Apollo took note of the sideways glance from Deámin, taking a minute to give one of his own, before returning to the topic at hand. "nah, if he wanted to trap or harm me he could of done it by now. As for meeting the man that comes later... he's a skittish sort, doesn't do anything remotely dangerous unless he's prepared and ready. Which brings us to the first order of business. Money for a set up." Lalo replied to him, which calmed Apollo's nerves a little of the whole operation. It seemed like whoever this was, they needed man power from criminals rather than the 'good guys' or noblemen. But what could he gain from us that he couldn't from them? Hopefully his question would be answered in due time. Maybe it was because of the dirty work involved, maybe it was because they trusted Lalo. Banks wouldn't know unless he met the guy and heard his resolve for himself.

"...enemies every step of the way if we go fishing for dealers to rob and places to loot" Banks would hear as he took another sip from the hot glass of tea, taking a second to think on it before replying. "Making enemies isn't the problem. It's which kind of enemies we make." He would say with a hint of concern, but not all that much. Apollo didn't want to mess with a drug dealer that was under some sort of mob boss or noble. They could stop at nothing to hunt them down with the amount of resources and people they probably have scattered over the city. "I highly suggest we pick our targets carefully, lest you want some high class assholes breathing down our neck on day one."

yoshimoto.jpg

mentions: alice, whyro ; location: the.. place
tldr: interrupting alice and whyro's conversation

Senna acknowledged the glass of wine that Alice had pushed her way a few moments ago, nodding her head slightly as a thanks without looking too much in their direction. She usually would've considered trying some right then and there since it was free, because all thieves know that anything free automatically tastes good. Most of the time. In this case, however, Senna felt as though she wasn't in a position to let her guard down just yet. Not until she figured out the motive of the mysterious man that seemed to be making some sort of deal with the kind barmaiden.

Thankfully, she hadn't seen the man glance in her direction nor had she heard any other words that suggested he might be working with the authorities. She still felt like she couldn't just leave without getting to the bottom of what was going on - she might be cautious, but her curiosity sometimes got the better of her. Especially when there was gold involved. "I hope I'm not going to regret this.." Senna muttered under her breath before grabbing the wine glass and getting up off her stool. She approached the two who were mid-conversation with a few confident strides, putting her free hand on her waste and raising an eyebrow when she stopped in front of them. "I hate to interrupt, but what's a woman gotta do to get in on whatever this is?" She asked, gesturing over to Alice's hand that was outstretched towards the man. "Hope I'm not being too forward." she added, smiling.

She feared that if she had let her suspicion show in any way it might have scared the man away, but if there was any chance of making more money then she really did want in on.. whatever it was they'd exchanged coin over. If it had been something sleazy, on the other hand, then she at least hoped that her approaching them so brashly would free Alice from an uncomfortable situation.

coded by archangel_

Users who are viewing this thread

Back