• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ☂️ The Umbrella Academy ☂️ - Interest Check (CLOSED)

Sophrosyne

Anxious child
Interest Check | Main | Character Sheet | OOC

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY

88dc14fcb501f050174c6995cada6726.jpg

On the twelfth hour of the first day of October 1999,

43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

He was successful; raising them from childhood to manage the powers that manifested in each and using them to form a superhero team publicly known as ‘The Umbrella Academy’.

Sir Hargreeves numbered the children, rather than name them. As they grew older they were given names by their robot mother, Grace.

Together, the children would go on to fight crime and take down wrongdoers.

That is, until the day Number 6 died.

Quickly, bonds that held the siblings together fell apart. With tensions rising in the home, many of the children left as soon as they turned eighteen, some earlier than that.

With the numbers noticeably diminishing from the team, a new force begins to rise. Others like The Umbrella kids.

Six years later, Reginald fakes his death to once again reunite The Umbrella Academy in an attempt to stop a threat they never considered.

Last edited:
Ok would this be following more along the TV timeline or the Comics? Im unsure what characters players would be taking on ie Would it be the Cannon characters?, OC's from the 36 children? Also given the setting i would assume all characters are the same age so what would the the age of characters?

PlusUltra PlusUltra
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to the comics yet, so I'm following the TV series. I was thinking of this more-so being an AU, where we would create OCs from the 36 children. I'm not too sure what age Ben died, I was estimating 15/16? But, the timeline takes place roughly six years later. So the characters are about 22 in this setting.

Yeah the comics are a bit more fantastical/super than the more toned down TV show, there are also elements revealed that change your understanding of the world.
Like Reginald being an Alien instead of a time traveler who created the 43 babies with the magic fireflies
But would still be interested in playing.
Would there be a Discord for this game? And any restrictions in particular?.

More on the lore, will character be taken in my a different eccentric millionaire? Given the babies were scattered across the world what would be the thing that brings them together?

PlusUltra PlusUltra
That's interesting! I don't think we'll be following that particular timeline, but hey, anything's possible!

If enough people are interested, there will be a discord created for this and as of now, there aren't any restrictions since this is just the interest check. I'll add those when the character sheet goes up.

I was thinking of following the show for that. The only Number that will remain the same is Ben, considering he passed away, unless someone is wanting to have a dead oc sibling. OC will make up the other siblings

Speaking of timelines, is the Consortium a thing? or will we ignore them without a Time travel character to worry about stuff with (since time travel in a RP is hard to do/prone to issues)

PlusUltra PlusUltra
Considering it could cause a lot of issues, time travel won't be involved. Though, I'm always down to incorporate it somewhere down the road. Could make an interesting plot twist

As long as its not in the players hands. Also it doesnt negate several pages of RP suddenly like in the show where a ton of events never happened.

For the most part even the main cast dont know about most of the world details until later in the show. All you need to know is the world is like ours, but there was an event when 43 Women became suddenly pregnant without a partner and gave birth within moments on the same day. Those individuals were scattered all around the world and manifested some strange ability through training.

Example Powers:
1-Super Strength/Durability (Simple)
2-Thrown Weapon redirection (Curving shots)
3-Mind Control through spoken command (Spoken statement has person follow the action if within their ability)
4-Speak and manifest the Dead (Summon Ghosts/Talk to Ghosts)
5-Summon Eldritch Tentacle from chest portal
6-Teleportation (Jumping through space/time)

Sophrosyne Sophrosyne hey i have a couple questions! is there gonna be an ooc thread for this? and also, is this first come first served, or application based? c:

low fidelity low fidelity
The OOC thread just went up! You can find it here. You'll also find the Discord link there.
It's first come first served for the powers and numbers

PlusUltra PlusUltra
Identity Within Group refers to their superhero persona in The Umbrella Academy, or basically their superhero name

Done for the most part, Ill expand parts as the other characters get done or more info comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back