• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

galaxywxlf

kai -- he/they
As quickly as it had appeared, the portal disappeared with a 'woosh'.

A young girl was tossed onto the ground, the portal having spit her out. The ears atop her head lowered, and her expression began to change from one of shock to one of confusion. Rising to her feet, she dusted off her clothes and took a look around. This place was unfamiliar; a seemingly empty alleyway in a strange city. She took a deep breath, trying her hardest to remember what could've possibly happened here.

That was a year or so ago - give or take some. She wasn't exactly sure of the date, or anything surrounding that incident. Ender still didn't know why or how she had ended up in this world, but she was alright now. Currently, she was sitting behind the counter in a shop. This place was hers. She sold potions here - all sorts of them. They filled up shelves on either wall; bottles and vials of various liquids. Ones to heal you, ones that could change your appearance, and so on. Honestly, she wasn't really sure how she figured out how to make these concoctions. She supposed it maybe just... came to her naturally? She wasn't sure about a lot of things regarding herself. It was strange then, and it still was thinking about it. How could you not know so many important things?

Ender sighed, resting her head on her hand. She glanced out the front window. It was dark, but the city was alive as it always was. Cars passed by, people were out on the street. The usual. She wondered if anyone would come here tonight or if she should close up shop. Maybe she'd wait just a little longer...

Outside the rain hit the streets hard, the sound of it was almost like someone rapidly tapping against the window. The passers-by all carrying their umbrellas rushing to and fro to get home, work, or just to get out of the downpour, the cars splashing up water as they zoomed by, the feeling of the rain weight down on you like a heavy lid. Time always seemed to pass more slowly when it was raining, and it was seemingly one of the few things that made even the city stumble on the beat.

Indiana pushed against the door with his side, consumed by the smartphone in his hand illuminating his face. As he entered the little bell above the door rung, letting the potion seller know someone had walked in, and promptly shut his umbrella, trying to dust off the rain still streaming from his coat. After a moment of fumbling, he tore his eyes off his shopping list and hurriedly walked up to the counter,
"I'm so sorry to bother you so late, I'm out of glamor potions, do you have any still left in stock? I ran around to four other shops and none of them had any left..." he grimaced a little, almost like he was in pain just thinking about something.

Ender looked up, the sound of a bell snapping her out of her thoughts. She wasn't expecting anyone to come this late, but she didn't mind. She was just a little surprised.

"Hm... let me look. I should, but I'll check just to make sure. I don't think there's any out here." She told the person who had just arrived. Clearly it was raining hard out there. She hadn't noticed that somehow. Well, that was going to be annoying. Hopefully it clears up some before I go home, she thought.

Standing up, she opened a door behind her and stepped into the back room. Here, there were more potions, ingredients, and other supplies. She rummaged through a box for a moment before lifting a bottle out - the liquid inside shimmered in the light. Yep, this was it.

Once she had found what she was looking for, Ender walked back out, shutting the door behind her. She placed the bottle on the counter in front of her, looking up at him. "And don't worry, you're not bothering me at all! I just didn't expect anyone to come so late. Guess it's good I decided to hang around a little longer."

Indiana's eyes lit up as he watched Ender appear out of the back with the potion and set it on the counter in front of him. The sight of the shimmering pearlescent liquid made the panic in his shadow-y heart calm for a moment. He quickly pulled out his wallet and grabbed a wad of cash from it, almost double the cost of an already expensive potion, and set it on the counter, without noticing the small black card poking out of it.
He flashed a smile at her,
"A few extra dollars for your trouble." Either he used to much higher-end stores, or he really needed this potion. He grabbed it and slipped the potion into an inner pocket in his coat, relieved that he now had it in his possession. Still, a flash of worry briefly passed over his face as he pressed his deep grey-black hand to his face and pulled out his phone, tapping on the screen, presumably checking off the task on his list. Idly he flicked his hand in a circle, allowing Ender a brief flash of an expensive-looking watch out of the sleeve of his raincoat, and a small creature popped its head through the portal made. He spoke to it in a soft low tone,
"₮Ⱨ₳₦₭₴." Before the creature promptly disappeared back into nothing.
Realizing he was distracted for a moment with his affairs and that he was probably keeping her, he put away his phone and walked towards the door. Trying to open his umbrella with one hand and giving a grateful wave and a smile with the other.
"Thank you again!" He called back as he managed to lift the umbrella over his head and rushed off into the rainy night.

Shadows weren't very common to see in the city, in fact, not much was known about them at all, even their powers were a bit of a mystery. Like their name implies they aren't generally fond of being the center of attention. Unfortunately, their striking dark skin and bright eyes make them easy to spot if they aren't hiding in their namesake, which explains why the young shadow was so eager for the potion. It was rumored that a few key families of shadows were coming to power in the more corporate side of The Twilight, though it was hard to tell if the boy was part of that or not, he seemed really clumsy and too nice for it.

Ender nodded, taking the cash that was set down. She looked a bit surprised at this as well; potions here were somewhat less expensive than in other stores, but here he was, paying her just as much as you would for potions in a shop that sold them at their usual price. She smiled slightly, thankful for that. It wasn't a big deal or anything, but she still appreciated the gesture. "No problem, and thank you too!"

She watched Indiana walk out of the store and figured now would be when she finally closed everything up. As she went to put some things away including the money she was just given, she noticed something peeking out from the wad of bills. A card of some sort. Did the boy she just talked to forget something? Or did he mean to put that there? She wasn't sure what it was, but she also wasn't sure where Indiana went. It was a little too late to try and find him to give it back, so she put it away with the rest of her things. Maybe he'd come back. Who knows.

"Fane," an annoyed voice called to him from outside the closed door. The young Kuthea ignored it, knowing it was probably not the greatest of ideas to do so, but the voice's owner could wait. As he continued to finish washing his hands at the sink without an answer, the person on the other side called out again, this time with an irritated tone. "Nylvrii. Hurry up. Now."

"You're so impatient, Kallis, relax. I had to wash my hands, don't you know that's important?" Faneirus attempted to tease the Ring as he stepped out of the bathroom, taking the single carry-out bowl of soup that was shoved into his hands by the older male.

"You know I hate these little shops," the high Kuthea growled, his dark crimson eyes glaring at the few other patrons still waiting patiently for their orders in the small lobby area. A few children were pulled quickly out of the man's way by nervous parents as Kallisthenis walked past them. He pushed through the shop's door with a large carryout bag full of food for his family, Fane strolling out just behind him.

Fane opened up the lid to his soup as the two of them walked under the overhangs of the shops down the street, protected partly from the rain and lit up in the dark by streetlight, as they waited for their personal ride to come back around the block to pick them up. "They're not that bad," he replied, taking a small sip of the hot liquid with a pleased smile and looking up to meet the glare that was now turned onto him. "What? Do you want to try mine?" Holding up the container to offer to him, "It's really good. And Charlie loves these little shops, you know. Oh! I should've gotten him some of those tiny crackers he loves for- Hey! We just bought that!"

Kallis gave him a deadly look that silenced the younger Kuthea after he'd ripped the bowl from Fane's hands and threw it without a glance at the store behind Fane after a shadowy figure exited and began to rush by them with an umbrella. It looked to be a potion shop that still had some light on inside, but he didn't care as Fane's soup splattered across the shop's windows and its cup dropped onto the pooling sidewalk. The pure Ring looked down at him darkly, the sharp, long red horns curved atop his head serving to put emphasis on his pointed words.

"Hear what I tell you now, Faneirus Nylvrii, because I will not repeat myself to you again. I don't give a shit that my brother likes you, or that my mothers pretend you are welcome in our home, or that they all act like you can actually be one of us, as if any of us have any real respect for you," he growled out, crimson eyes glowing with disdain as he looked at the short blue horns on Fane's head, making the younger Kuthea straighten up at the obvious threat in Kallis' gaze. "And I sure as hell don't care that you've been given the title of a Ring. I'll tolerate you around them. I'll play nice because I don't want to upset Charlie. But when he's not around? You're just a Rag, Nylvrii. You're my brother's pet. Less than a human. So don't you dare ever talk to me again like we're equals."

Crossing his arms, Kallis sneered down at him, his tone of voice full of scorn and demanding a certain, very particular response from him. "Do I make myself clear?"

Fane clenched his jaw, but lowered his now glowing blue eyes to stare at the ground. He knew his place among his kind. One look from any Kuthea, or any others of Twilight City, and they'd know him to be a Rag in an instant without proof that he was otherwise. Less than the Sawtooths and Churls, below even humans. The Vozruls were quite a well-known, powerful family in the city, so he wasn't too surprised when people of other species knew what he was, knew of his people's customs, and called out insults just for the fun of it. He'd been gifted the title of Ring from them a couple years ago, when Charlinaldus had proposed to him, but it wouldn't mean a thing if the family who'd so reluctantly given it to him were to ever disown him. Not that they would, being that he was in Charlie's favor. They respected their son's choices, even if they didn't respect Fane even a smidge. And that was fine. He couldn't ever change it, so he just dealt with it like he'd always done.

"Of course, Kallisthenis," Fane spoke his full name properly, taking on his feigned respectfully polite tone. "Crystal." And it was only after Kallis had stepped away from him, climbing inside the back of the grand car that had pulled up for them a moment before, did Fane lift his gaze off the ground. Watching as the Ring ordered the Churl driver to leave without him, a reserved bitterness filled his blue eyes at the car as it drove off, leaving him standing there in the rain in front of the potion shop.

Gathering up her things, Ender began to walk towards the door of the shop. Even if she wasn’t about to leave, she would’ve anyways. She heard some sort of commotion outside, but she didn’t think too much of it. Just wanted to go check and make sure everything was ok. She hoped it was, as she wasn’t the type to argue or fight.

Stepping outside, she slipped on her coat that she had previously been carrying and put on the hood. The rain was still coming down. Normally she’d walk home, as it wasn’t too far, but she was thinking it might be a better idea to get a ride. She’d rather not walk in the rain.

She took her phone out of her pocket before looking around. Someone was standing near the front of the shop; she hadn’t noticed him until now.

“Oh, hello! Were you looking to buy something from here? I was just leaving, so if you were, I wouldn’t mind getting you something quick. Wouldn’t take long. I don’t really have much else to be doing anyways…”

When Ender's hand passed over the card to pack up, it felt almost plush and soft, velvety. Whatever the card was, it certainly wasn't like a credit card any bank had issued, nor any ID the city would of either. It was high-quality material, thicker like card stock, and peaking out in the corner, a bit of embossed detailing shimmered when the light struck it, turning from a black nearly the same color as the paper to bright gold.

Indiana barreled out of the store he checked his watch, Nearly late, shit!
As he rushed past two gentlemen, he noted the commotion and briefly turned around mid dash to make sure everything was okay, when suddenly his stomach threatened to jump out of his throat.

Kuthea, Vozrul Kuthea at that. He quickly decided that it was time to get out of there, just in case his presence gave the Kuthea something to be even angrier about.
After rushing a safe distance he shadow-stepped to a nearby alleyway just to make sure he didn't draw any attention and cloaked himself in his natural element, watching as the two yelled from a distance. As soon as the older-looking angrier of the two got into the car and drove off he peeked his head out, glancing around to make sure the coast was clear. That's when he saw Ender walk up to the one left in the rain, his breath hitched, and he bit his lip. His sheltered life didn't lend him too much knowledge of the inner workings of other races but even he knew that whatever this Kuthea was, he was very low in their class structure. He might take out his frustration on the young potion seller. He slipped back into his cozy shadow and stepped one closer, making sure not to be detected by either party, just in case. He cursed himself, that shadows weren't to get involved but he couldn't help it.

"No, I don't-" Fane began to respond to the new voice, his tone expressing that bitterness he was feeling until his eyes fell onto the form of the young shopkeeper. She looked to be a very young adult and he was surprised, considering she seemed to be the one in charge of the shop she'd just come from. How had she gone about being able to do that? Was she rich? Or powerful? He wasn't sure what species she was, but he didn't want to disrespect her regardless of who she was or what she could do. Now was not the time to be making anymore trouble for himself.

Letting out a soft sigh, he shook his head and collected himself. "No, I'm alright, but thank you, Miss," the young Kuthea replied genuinely politely before noticing the plastic container on the ground behind her and tensed. Worried she might get angry about Kallis having thrown his food at her shop's windows who'd left him to deal with the consequences, he quickly dipped his head low to her as he stared down, "I- I am so sorry about the mess, I'll clean it up right away." Stepping quickly around her, he bent down to pick up the wet trash from the sidewalk. As he rose back up, he waved his free hand in the air in a wide sweeping motion, bringing up a small wave of water that rinsed off any debris from the windows effectively. Dropping his hand back to his side, the water gave a small splash as it fell back onto the sidewalk more naturally than it had risen up just a moment ago.

Turning back to the shopkeep, Fane held the empty container in his hand and dipped his head to her again. "Again, I am so sorry for the disturbance to you. If there is anything that I can do for you, Miss...?" He raised his soft blue eyes back up from the wet ground to look up at her kindly, yet apprehensively.

“No no, it’s okay! Don’t worry about it, seriously.” She watched him pick up something off the ground. It looked as if someone had thrown something at the window - that must’ve been the noise she heard from inside.

Looking at him again, she wasn’t sure what species or race he was either. While she had learned quite a lot in her time here, she still wasn’t quite sure of some things. Besides, there were way too many different species in this city to keep track of. Sure, there were ones that were more common to be seen than others, but that only made up some of them. She felt as if she had seen this person around, or someone who resembled him but she couldn’t put a finger on where.

Even if most people would treat Fane badly or see him as someone below them, Ender didn’t. Partly because she just wasn’t that type of person, and partly because she still wasn’t quite used to the rules and social norms of this world.

“It’s alright, really,” She told Fane, glancing back down at him.

Resting deep in the shadows Indiana's anxious expression softened, maybe not all Kuthea were so bad? The Kuthea bowing his head to the small figure and stammering sent a pang of sympathy through him. Still he had done enough to get himself in to trouble by sticking around so long to make sure the potion seller was okay.
His family would kill him if they found out why he was late, but he couldn't help his curiosity get the better of himself. Drawing that same circle he again summoned a small shadow creature, instead this time letting it gently fall into his cupped hands. Leaning over and holding it up to him he whispered to it, before placing it gently outside the shadow and watching it scamper off.

The small thing, panting like mad scurried and dashed around like a small pup, dancing unnoticed at people's bustling feet, before finally reaching his target, and leaping comfortably into the Kuthea's shadow.

Satisfied at his little spy, Indiana again shadow stepped away from the scene before crawling out of his cloak of darkness. With another flick of his hand he was being fed the conversation via the eyes and ears of his little spy before carrying on his way. He would watch for a bit to see this Kuthea for himself but he couldn't keep up this connection for long, especially with him walking away from the target. He just hoped the Kuthea couldn't sense the shadowhound nearby, he really didn't know the extent of their powers. Sticking to a reasonable pace on the sidewalk to home, he keenly listened and watched, water splashing at his trousers as cars and people passed him by.

Last edited:
Faneirus nodded to her response slowly, straightening himself up as he stood before her properly, as he would stand proper before any stranger before he knew their position or power. Though... she didn't seem to look at him the way even the friendly people of the city did. No disgust and yet no pity, either. She didn't ignore or insult him, didn't even yell about the mess made on her shop. 'Does she not know, what I am?' He wondered if she were new to the city, perhaps, or still trying to learn the many races and their politics that mingled together in this strange, large city.

Looking her over with a curious expression, he tilted his head as he asked cautiously, "You don't... you don't know what I am, do you?" He didn't want to assume she didn't, but it was the way she looked at him so differently than most people that he couldn't help but to ask. There was something... off about her. But she seemed friendly enough. So far, at least. You could never be too sure.

Then something dark flickered past in the shadows towards him and he blinked, looking down and then behind himself, but he didn't see anything moving. Blinking again, he figured it must've just been bugs flittering around the streetlamp lighting up the area, or the rain falling around them.

"I, um, I suppose I should introduce myself properly," The young Kuthea spoke again, wiping the rainwater from his eyes before gesturing across his chest with a hand, dispersing the water from himself as nearly all of the liquid floated from his form before it splashed lightly to the ground. Now, he almost looked dry, as if he hadn't been standing in the rain for a few minutes. Keeping up his focus on the water itself now, it appeared as if the rain fell just around him now, not quite touching his body anymore to get him wet. Lowering his torso into a small bow, he smiled politely at the shopkeep. "My name is Faneirus Nylvrii. I'm of the Kuthea race." Hoping that now she knew what he was, she wouldn't turn cruel, he offered a hand out to her to offer his ability to disperse and keep the water from her form as well. "If I may?"

Ender thought she saw something out of the corner of her eye, but turned back to Fane. It obviously wasn't anything; she didn't see anything or anyone else when she looked around.

"I... No, I'm afraid not. I hope that isn't a bad thing?" She asked, watching him use some sort of ability to dispel water off of himself. This was one of the times where she got a bit worried. Was she doing something wrong? Did she mess something up? Normally she wouldn't think of those things, but other times those thoughts kept nagging at her. As mentioned before, some things she still wasn't familiar with in this city.

She listens and sees him extend his hand. She nods and smiles back at him - it'd be nice to get out of the rain like that. Even after he told her what he was, she still wasn't sure. It did seem familliar, but she couldn't put a finger on it. Oh well.

"My name's Ender. I'm... uh, well I don't know if my race has a specific name. I'm just a hybrid. A wolf with wings, to be specific. Kinda weird, but I've seen weirder," she tells him, laughing a little to herself. It seemed to be more from nervousness rather than because she said something funny. "But it's nice to meet you."

The tiny little Shadowhound glanced around at the rain effortlessly sliding off thin air. Even Indiana was a little bit awestruck a the sight, the city lights shining through each drop as if you captured it trapped it within. The light from windows, the people passing by, all frozen in a moment of time, before hitting the ground and dissipating into the larger pool of rain running down into the street, the shimmering surface swept away into the drain, out of sight.
He was distracted by the sights and sound of the rain hitting the barrier when half of his vision went black... Stopping in his tracks he grumbled to himself and tapped the side of his head, managing to get a little bit of the picture back before it went dark again. With a flick of his wrist, he disconnected the direct feed. The shadow hound would brief him of anything that happened when he summoned him back.

Fane waited for her to give permission and, at her nod and smile to him, then waved his hand in the air in front of her. The water dispersed from her from before giving a light splash as it settled to the sidewalk at their feet, leaving the girl dry. Extending his focus, he kept the water falling just around her, no longer getting her soaked anymore either.

He let out a little laugh as well, nodding to her words in agreement, lowering his stiff demeanor a bit. "There certainly are a lot of us here, strange people mixed all together into this city. Our city. It's definitely weird sometimes..." Looking up at the ever darkening night sky and then out across the rainy street, they were lit up only by dim lights from streetlamps and headlights as a few cars passed by. He saw a few figures hurrying home under coats and umbrellas, and saw a few more lurking about around the area, making him wonder if the young shopkeep had to walk home in the dark rain like this by herself or if she had a ride. "...and scary at other times." His expression turned to a worried frown. He should probably find a ride for himself, too, but, even if he knew it would upset Charlie, after the threatening look in Kallis' eyes, he wasn't quite sure he wanted to go back to the Vozrul home right now. Well, mansion was probably the more correct term. No, he was better off not going back there tonight.

Dropping his eyes back down, he stepped over to a trashcan just a few feet behind him to toss the empty container away before straightening himself as he faced the hybrid once more. "It's very nice to meet you, Miss Ender," smiling kindly again and deciding to offer her what he could. He didn't exactly want to be walking alone himself this late without Charlie or Kallis around him, and he knew it wouldn't be kind of him if he didn't at least offer so that she wasn't walking alone in the dark city either. "If you'd like, I can walk with you until you're home. I don't have anywhere to be tonight and it's the least I can do for you after Kallis threw-" Quickly stopping himself, knowing it was in his best interest not to just drop Kallisthenis' name around, or blame him for anything. Whether it was his fault or not. Clearing his throat, he continued a bit more tense, "I- I mean, after I tossed my soup. Again, I am truly sorry about that." Stepping to the side, he waved for her to lead the way if she chose to allow him to accompany her, then clasping his hands properly behind his back as he kept to the side out of her way. "At least, to keep the rain off of you on your walk?" Ever polite. Ever proper. Well-behaved. Just as the Vozruls had drilled deep into his head.

Last edited:
Ender seemed to be a bit more relaxed now. She looked over at Fane, nodding once again.

"I mean, if you want to. You don't have to, but it's nice of you to offer - I appreciate it. And really, the thing from earlier, it's not a big deal. I could've gotten it, there's no need to worry," She said. She wasn't quite sure what he was going to say before that, but she figured it'd be better not to ask about it. So she just pretended as if she hadn't heard him slip up.

Seeing him motion for her to go ahead, she did. She walked on down the sidewalk in silence for a minute or two, not really sure what to say now. She tried to think of something to talk about, but she drew a blank. Well, her apartment wasn't far away. Now she wondered why she didn't call Kei to come and pick her up, but she figured he probably wouldn't want to anyways. Oh well. She just hoped she wasn't making things too awkward, that was all.

Indiana grumbled as the chill of the rain pierced into his bones, before instinctively wrapping the rain coat around himself tighter. As he walked his eyes glanced off the others on the street, some giving him weird looks, others did their best to not look at him at all. The piercing gazes made him long for home, but the diverted eyes made him wince. After a few agonizing minutes, a sigh of relief escaped him as his building came into view.

The high-rise was a few stories bigger than the surrounding skyscrapers, with it's odd curved shape coming to a slanted point at the west end of the penthouse Indiana, and his family called home. He walked up the steps to the entrance, it was lit with a warm yet artificial glow leaking from inside. The clear cut lines of the building casting deep shadows into the landscaping below, he quickened his pace as he passed by a central tree in the landing sidewalk, bisecting the flow of traffic around it. Something about the steel and glass of buildings of the upper district gave Indiana much more comfort that the brick and mortar of old town. Pushing on the long handle and stepping through the large glass front door he felt the familiar rush of warm air, and his eyes were greeted with friendly surroundings.

Most would describe it as stark, the dark marbled floors contrasted with the bright greyish steel accents running across the walls. There were a few well kept potted plants dotted around the place, just for a splash of color, though his mother was always pushing for more. As Indiana recalled, his mother originally wanted one of those living walls, Father managed to talk her down to a simple water feature behind the desk. Which made the entire back wall appear to be shimmering and caught the light of the chandelier nicely.

Nobody was in the lobby at this time of night, save for the doorman. He gave a small wave to him as he passed and stepped into the elevator,

"Flores residence." Indiana commanded aloud as pulled out his phone again, becoming preoccupied with it once more. It took only a moment for the elevator to recognize his voice, and the door to close, before it began it's ascent upwards to the penthouse. As he read over some dense document his eyes started to glaze over and his mind wandered. Every inch of him wanted to take a warm bath and relax for the rest of the night, snuggling up in his plush bed playing some video games to pass the time, but there was business to attend to soon. He reached up and felt the breast pocket of his rain coat, where he had placed his potion, and calmed his fried nerves again with the weight of it's presence against his chest. Glancing up at the lights above the door displaying the floor number his mind snapped back to reality. Only a few more seconds until I'm home, he thought, and probably only a few more seconds until I'm yelled at for dawdling outside for so long.

Last edited:
"Of course," Fane replied softly, pausing for a second as he smiled again, a bit relieved at how she spoke to him. "And thank you." She really didn't seem to mind at all, did she? She truly did seem a kind person compared to many others. He felt his tensed muscles relax some as he moved forward to keep after her when she began to walk, the hybrid keeping silent as they went on. Staying a couple steps to the side and behind her to give her her space and, keeping his focus up on the water, the young Kuthea eyed her curiously.

He hadn't heard about winged wolves growing up and guessed she must be telling the truth about not exactly having a name for her race. He'd heard of the wolf tribes, of vampires, dragon folk, witches, demons, harpies, the shadows, skinwalkers, and many others that he'd seen or wasn't exactly wasn't sure of what they were. And humans, of course, but he didn't see many of those around in the city as most humans weren't very fond of the many species residing in The Twilight, and often vise versa. With so many different kinds of people, there were also many hybrids throughout the city. But he'd never heard of a hybrid wolf like her. And it made him wonder where she'd come from. What she could do.

After a few more minutes of silence, Fane cleared his throat to get her attention. It was never his place to speak out of turn or to ask personal questions with any Kuthea higher than him, and especially not with the Vozruls, but he felt that Ender seemed friendly enough for him to risk it. And his curiosity was getting the better of him. "So, um, if I might ask, Miss Ender, and- and you don't have to answer, of course, but I was wondering, how did you come about having a potion shop? Is it something you love to do?"

Last edited:
Ender looked over, Fane speaking up and breaking the silence, which she was actually glad he did.

"Oh, no I don't mind telling you. Well.. it's a bit of a long story, but I have time." She started. She'd have to start at the very beginning. "But yes, I do really like it even if my shop isn't the most popular in the city."

She then went on to tell him a bit about how she got here. How she doesn't really remember anything, besides somehow being brought here through some weird portal, and that she used to be able to make portals like that too! For some odd reason though, now that ability is gone.

"Ok, moving on, I know that's not what you asked about but we're getting there," She told him and laughed.

When she first got to the city, she really had no clue what to do. She ended up running into Kei, who she now lives with. Though he was a bit stubborn at first, they ended up becoming friends and helping her get settled down in the city. He was also the one who suggested she ran a potion shop - he knew there were a few others in the city, but it wouldn't hurt to have another. Potions were something that a lot of people in the city bought. She thought that was a good idea too.

"You might be wondering how I'm running a shop when I'm so young too - I don't really know myself. I guess here, it doesn't really matter. I've seen others that were kind of young doing similar things, so I guess it's not all that uncommon." Looking ahead, she saw the apartment building her and Kei resided in currently. "Oh, there's our place. Guess I gotta go. It was nice to meet you though!"

As the elevator doors opened Indiana immediately heard screaming.
Ah home.
He recognized the little gremlin's voice anywhere, it was his littlest sister who dashed by the elevator as he exited, giggling.
"¡Manita!" He called after her, as one of his other sisters gave chase. As his back was turned to make sure one of the two didn't crash into a wall he felt a massive thunk on the back of his head of a large pillow being thrown.
"Sorry!" Came another voice dashing by, he briefly caught a glimpse of his tweenage brother wooshing by, another pillow in hand.
"Hey! You guys be careful! If you break that vase again Mom is going to kill you!"
In the distance he heard another thunk.
"PUTA!"

He chuckled as he walked down the hallway in the opposite direction of the chaos, his various other older siblings milling about in the living room and in their own rooms. The pristine white L couch made the other shadow sitting on it stand out that much more. His oldest brother piped up as he passed by,
"Ey! Where you been? You're lucky Dad an't here yet!"
"Hush it, I was getting my prep done." Indiana flashed the bottle out from his coat pocket. "Plus this is a me job, don't worry your empty ass head about it."
"Hey!" The older shadow pointed his finger lazily in Indiana's direction as he played some Mario knock off on his phone. "I resent that you know."
Indiana make a shrugging gesture before grabbing a cheese stick from the fridge and sticking it his mouth, eating it whilst checking his phone again briefly.
"Hey you forgot your glamour necklace on your way out, Jeanne said to give it to you." Ren tossed the necklace over to him.
Indiana caught it, albeit fumblingly. "Ah thanks, I wondered where that got to. Let me guess, Jeanne stole it again?"
"Yeah."
"Why does she always do that..." He grumbled, "It only makes you look like me..."
"She doesn't use it, she just hides it from you because you know it makes you squirm."
"Ah jeeze, how thankful I am I have a loving family."
"Cheese me!"
Indiana sighed and rolled his eyes, exaggerating his annoyance before reaching back into the fridge and tossing Ren a cheese stick acting like he was shooting a basket ball hoop to amuse himself.
"Ey I'm gonna be in my room." He said before walking back into the hallway, putting on his glamour necklace. The old familiar vaguely human form bleed over him, his skin and hair a more light brown, his eyes a forest green. He looked at his hand as the process happened, it was as almost if an artist look their brush and painted him into the real world. He never really got tired of seeing the transition.

"Hey! Mijo what have I said about glamours in the house?"
He heard the elevator and his mother's voice from behind him, he called back at her as he made his way into his room,
"Mama...! I was just making sure it was still working! They're expensive! I'll take it off..." She must of just gotten home as well. That ment Dad wasn't far behind. Well... Might as well start getting ready...

Ave was at her tattoo shop. She was humming softly to the radio as she was cleaning up. She loved the sound of the rain outside. Having already finished the last tattoo for the day she went about trying to clean everything up before she closed the shop down. She knew she was still open for about an hour but since no one had been booked she figured cleaning the shop up now was easier for her in the long run.

Her shop was made to look darker than it actually was. Once you walked in you would realize it was a welcoming place. She had black spider webs for decoration all year round and sold sage if that was something people liked. She would always dress as her natural self, because no one questioned it in her tattoo shop since she made it known that her theme was supernatural. She smiled as she was cleaning her tattoo gun.

Indiana walked into his room, flicking on the lights, it was a middling size for the house, but it had the best view in his opinion. The 3 large windows facing the east let him watch the sun set everyday, right now the city lights were mid performance, the dazzling lights lit up the night sky, even brighter than the stars. He glanced over longingly to his bathroom, and sighed.
After everything. Bath.
He took the potion and necklace from his coat and set them on his bedside table before he took the coat off and walked into his closet, hanging it up diligently. He picked up the outfit he set aside for himself earlier, tossing it onto his bed as he unbuttoned his dress shirt. The room was a little messy right now he noted, he'd pick a bit up after he was done, as you entered on the right the large round bed with it's black and white sheets and pillows dominated the room, with his walk in closet and his bathroom on the left. His favorite bit though was the conversation pit right at the base of the windows, it was really old school but he loved being able to just come home and sit down anywhere, floor included, and just relax. The fluffy blankets and pillows made it the best spot for napping in the house.

He sighed as he adjusted his shirt and pants, grabbing his old loafers and putting them on, before walking into the bathroom and looking at himself in the mirror, with the unbuttoned collar and cuffs, the blue and white pin striped shirt, he certainly looked the part. Save for his skin and hair. The potion would do the rest.

Faneirus listened to Ender's story quietly as they walked, his expression surprised as she told him a bit about what happened. Portals? She could really create portals for traveling? Or, she could, but not anymore. So she said. But, if she were able to regain or relearn that ability, this girl could be powerful. Useful. And he knew the Vozruls would want to hear about it. They always had an eye out for others with power in the city, whether it be powerful money or powerful abilities. The high Kuthea were usually so kind as to offer a friendly hand out to these powerful others first, as potential allies, but when their offer is refused...

Well. He'd seen how they made their point firsthand. And those confrontations were not a pretty sight.

They put people in their place. Ran them out of the city. Ruined reputations, businesses, lives. There were not many who openly chose to make them an enemy or get in their way if they knew who they were talking to, as city life went on normally as long as you didn't bother them. Respect was very important to them, so as long as you stepped aside and looked the other way, you were fine. Of course, they were not the only ones vying for major control of territory, money, and the like, but they certainly thought themselves the bigger power at play. The Vozrul Family did not plan to lose the good bit of control they had in the city, reigning strong over the Kuthea people that resided here and reaching out more and more over the years to take what little they could from the many peoples in the city. Sticking their hands in places they don't belong, stealing and manipulating. They kept the pockets full of those they needed to sway on occasion and kept many others doing their bidding with threats. Money and power was never a problem for them. They were not to be trifled with. Their city was not to be bothered. And to those who know of their presence, that was made very clear.

Slowing to a stop just before her as she noted their arrival at her apartment building, the young Kuthea smiled at her and dipped his head again to her. "It was nice to meet you as well, thank you, Miss Ender. I wish you a good rest of your night," he replied politely as he took a step back away from the entrance, keeping up his focus on the water falling just around her until she was to get out of the rain's reach.

Ender really did seem kind. Whoever she was before she came here through her portal must not be much different than who she is now, right? So, even if she were to regain her powers, would her personality change? Or would she still be this smiling, friendly face? Would she learn other powers of hers or be able to return to wherever she was from? And was this Kei person she spoke of being friends with like her, or did he have different abilities? Could he be-

No. No, he didn't want to know. While it was his duty to report anything or anyone that might possibly be of interest to Charlie's family, he really didn't want to say anything about Ender or her friend to them. She had been much more than kind to him in the brief time since they'd met and he didn't want to disturb her peaceful life. He had no right to bother her anymore and he was sure he could make something up later when asked where he was.

Ah, right. He wasn't going back to Charlie's now anyway, Kallisthenis having made his point that he was not welcome to go back tonight. He'd have to find somewhere else to sleep for the night.

Giving a small wave to Ender, the young Kuthea smiled at her and took another step back, turning around and... standing there, looking out into the rain. Where would he go that he was welcome? He'd left his wallet in the car that drove off without him, so a hotel room wasn't exactly an option. Looking down at the puddle on the wet pavement pooling around at his feet, he sighed. The downpour of rain was definitely matching his mood for the night.

"You too," Ender told him before opening the door to the building and heading upstairs. She was sure Kei was still awake, even though it was late. It wasn't unusual for him to be up until the very late hours of the night or even early morning. As she reached the top of the stairs, she unlocked the door to their place and walked in.

"I'm back, Kei!" She called, setting some of her things down before going to look for him. He was sitting out in the living room, looking at his phone.

"Oh. What took so long? Not that I mind, you're just usually here earlier than this." He looked up at her, setting his phone down on the couch.

"Well, I figured I'd keep the shop open for a little longer - good thing I did, I ended up meeting a couple new people! Though I'm not sure if I'll see them again." Ender told him. Though, that just reminded her... "Well, actually... I might have to."

"Hm?" Kei wasn't sure what she meant.

She pulled a card out of her pocket, the one Indiana had left behind, telling Kei about what happened. She still wasn't sure what exactly it was for, but she didn't have any use for it currently. If it was something important though, she figured he'd probably come back to the shop to get it. If he didn't... oh well. She had no clue where he lived or anything about him really. Now that she thought about it, it might be a good idea to try and find him again anyways. She recalled how he had made some sort of portal - maybe he had powers like the ones she used to? It was worth a shot to ask him about it.

That was, if he came back. Or if she saw him somewhere else. Otherwise, she'd probably be out of luck.

"Come on! I heard she's a vampire, too, so we can trust her." Rubith exclaimed, tugging on her sleeve to try to pull her forward. When she didn't budge, the older of the two crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at her lightheartedly. "You trust me, at least, don't you?"

"Of course, I do, Rubith, it's just..." Rali gave the door to the tattoo shop an unsure look. She really did not want to be here. Glancing around them as they stood on the wet sidewalk by the street, looking for anything to get her out of this but failing, just as she had on the way here. The young woman sighed, adjusting her grip on the large umbrella in her hand that she held over the two of them for protection. Rain pattered across the top of it loudly, yet it was calming. Much more calm than she was feeling right now.

"Just what?" Rubith asked. When Rali didn't give her a response, the snow-haired young woman gripped both of her friend's shoulders and looked her in the eye seriously. "I promise, Ames, you'll be fine. I won't let her do any spooky voodoo to you." That comment earned her an eye-roll from Rali. "Besides, I've heard nothing but good reviews from her previous clients. And I heard she's pretty cute, too, so you know. Maybe I'll get a tattoo from her soon and you'll get a better girlfriend out of this?"

She looked at her friend with a somewhat hurt expression at that comment. "Rubi, I- I really don't think-"

"Okay, okay, too far, I know. I'm sorry." She shook her head at her own mistake, smiling gently at her as she went on. "You don't have to say anything, I promise, you're not getting another tattoo. I just didn't want to go in alone to make an appointment for me. It'll be quick. Plus, Cronan and Elise are going to be finished with their shifts any minute now and we have to beat them getting home, so I won't take too long," Rubith reached for the door to the tattoo shop and opened it, stepping inside and holding it open for her to follow.

Rali let out a slow breath and closed the umbrella, shaking a bit of the water off before following her friend inside reluctantly. She knew Rubith was doing this to try and help her, but right now she just felt stressed. When the door closed behind them, she kept right beside it, looking around the shop quickly for movement only to spot one person inside cleaning a tattoo gun.

"Hey! Your name's Ave, right?" She watched carefully as Rubith went over to approach the other woman to ask her questions. "You're not closed up yet, are you? I got recommended to you by a couple people who got tattoos from you, I was hoping I could make an appointment to get one in the next week maybe, if you have time?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back