• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tudor Lestrange Institute of Villainy and Henchmanship ((Trying Again!)) Roleplayer's Lair

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Maybe stigma from male villains? Or perhaps she is nearly killed by something and it changes her viewpoint
Funny you should mention the stigma from male villains, because part of why I'm indulging this urge is 'cause I noticed my student cast is overwhelmingly male and transmasculine.

Do you have an idea of what could nearly kill her? My first thought was the animals she talks to, but I honestly don't want her to become a mini Mrs. Skinner. I've also considered making her something of a militant vegan type, but it doesn't quite click.

What about Artem? It connects with the civil war arc that is building up and fits with both characters
Hmm.... Would it be a pre or post enrollment incident, though? I could manage either, but if you have something in mind I'll go with it. I'm considering that maybe she was once an expendable after all, and that maybe the expendables Artem recently killed were her friends. But once again, I feel like it might not go with the vibe.

True. Hmm, what if she had like… split personalities? Like one was aware of the event and the other is an innocent Disney princess

Several ideas, sorry if it’s too much lol— maybe she was raised by/had her life otherwise influenced by a villain, except instead of disliking/hating the villain like normal, the villain was actually good at raising stolen children or cool with the princesses they kidnapped or whatever, and then a hero/good guy decided to save her from said villain and almost killed her in the process? With her possibly having her life saved by said villain for an extra effect lol
intrudes casually—

True. Hmm, what if she had like… split personalities? Like one was aware of the event and the other is an innocent Disney princess
I'm not keen on using that trope within a mile of this roleplay. It'd be one thing for a different character in a different setting, but I'm aware that the trope of "Person with multiple personalities is harboring someone evil (or at least violent) in their headspace" is a product and exacerbator of the stigma surrounding mental health issues and neurodivergency. I don't feel very prepared to write a Multiple at all, but even if I were then I'd rather not use that particular trope for them.
Several ideas, sorry if it’s too much lol— maybe she was raised by/had her life otherwise influenced by a villain, except instead of disliking/hating the villain like normal, the villain was actually good at raising stolen children or cool with the princesses they kidnapped or whatever, and then a hero/good guy decided to save her from said villain and almost killed her in the process? With her possibly having her life saved by said villain for an extra effect lol
intrudes casually—
I like this idea. Maybe it could even be demon, witch, or sidhe creature in the business of kidnapping firstborns.

I'm not keen on using that trope within a mile of this roleplay. It'd be one thing for a different character in a different setting, but I'm aware that the trope of "Person with multiple personalities is harboring someone evil (or at least violent) in their headspace" is a product and exacerbator of the stigma surrounding mental health issues and neurodivergency. I don't feel very prepared to write a Multiple at all, but even if I were then I'd rather not use that particular trope for them.

I like this idea. Maybe it could even be demon, witch, or sidhe creature in the business of kidnapping firstborns.
That’s true, I was worried that’s what its come off as. That wasn’t my intention, it was more… I don’t really know how to explain it, just not that

RealBillClinton RealBillClinton

Looks like we've finally got a character for Ren to room with. I was wondering if perhaps the two of them might agree to de-room Marina? I was thinking Marina could have heard about what happened with Jolene and mentions it, which upsets Jolene and Jolene suggests her de-rooming.

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus , by the way, I wanted to run an idea by you real quick. As you most likely well know, I like to make large arcs that involve numerous characters- the two in particular I’m working on being X and Fenris’s developing relationship and a Civil War style conflict between two opposing factions- led by X and Artem respectively- that threatens to embroil the whole school. As part of this idea, I was considering that since Artem is less threat to X as he is to the expendables, what would you think of X masterminding a revolution of sorts?

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus , by the way, I wanted to run an idea by you real quick. As you most likely well know, I like to make large arcs that involve numerous characters- the two in particular I’m working on being X and Fenris’s developing relationship and a Civil War style conflict between two opposing factions- led by X and Artem respectively- that threatens to embroil the whole school. As part of this idea, I was considering that since Artem is less threat to X as he is to the expendables, what would you think of X masterminding a revolution of sorts?
I was actually planning for the expendables to rebel one way or another. This definitely works.

Any thoughts about me bumping the interest check, or posting a new one? It feels a bit strange with it being just the few of us, especially since it didn't start out that way, and I've got more characters than I currently know what to do with.

Last edited:
Any thoughts about me bumping the interest check, or posting a new one? It feels a bit strange with it being just the few of us, especially since it didn't start out that way, and I've got more characters than I currently know what to do with.
Go ahead, it makes sense. And it should make the story we’ve got brewing more interesting

Worst enemies sounds like it could be fun— also the whole cat-vs-dog thing would be very amusing to have Colamo rant how he hates Scratchwick for other reasons about if anyone mentions it, which someone probably would

Hey I wanted to get an opinion on a character I’ve been considering. So essentially, they are either a humanoid bat race or some more bestial vampire, I haven’t fully decided, bit I was thinking they could be blind and use echolocation to function as a gunslinger of sorts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back