• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tudor Lestrange Institute of Villainy and Henchmanship - Main (Reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Persephone Skinner

RealBillClinton RealBillClinton

When the warden informed her of the upcoming cannon fire, she covered her ears. As she watched a few of the previously unconscious students scramble to their feet, she smiled.
"You sure know what to do, don'tcha warden?

Stephaenie Rain

Mitheral Mitheral RealBillClinton RealBillClinton (Mentions the cannon fire)

Stephanie had paced the halls which connected the classrooms. She'd gotten in trouble for spreading the word about the Martyr of TLI to new students, and now was nervous about being anywhere near the dorms, or any of the usual drop-off spots for kidnapped students. Her hopes of organizing her fellow students were usually under the most attack at the beginning of the school year, the time of year in which her rebellion plans seemed like they would be most likely to work if not for the extra efforts taken by the staff. Come on, Steph, you shouldn't give up that easily. She thought to herself in an attempt to increase her courage, This place will never be shut down if you don't make an effort. With that, she found herself in the common area, now being stared down by Mrs. Skinner. There was something of a ruckus in the nearby corridor, someone shouting about the school being co-ed.
"Oh boy...." She signed, though she hadn't been listening to what Ian was saying too closely, she was worried she'd be partly blamed for whatever trouble this student would cause. Thus, she approached the source of the noise.
"I wouldn't shout like that if I were you." She warned, "It'll be more trouble here than at a normal school."
Just when she finished that last sentence, she heard the cannon go off. Her head turned momentarily to the source of the noise.

Jolene Wildwood

Mitheral Mitheral

Jolene looked around the room and peered into the tent as best as she could from the spot she stood in, hoping to catch a glimpse of Dude. He wasn't in sight at the moment, and Jolene knew that even when they could understand what she was saying, animals were often shy. Placing the banjo on the newly built hammock, she decided to just unpack for now, removing some dresses and whatnot from her backpack and hanging then in an empty closet.

Warden

Interactions: StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus (Persephone Skinner)

With that bit of praise Warden puffed his skeletal chest in pride and gave a salute to Mrs. Skinner. “I am always at service to this fine institution and it’s faculty ma’am, there’s no job I’d rather have in fact! It would bring tears to my eyes if I failed any one of you, well, if my tear ducts still worked that is.” He gave a cursory glance at the new batch. “I sure hope we have a few ruffians and scoundrels among this group, else what would I do all day?”

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus Burberry Preserves Burberry Preserves

At Evilman's denial Pincushion simply raises an eyebrow while staring rather intently at their roommate's halo. The cogs turn slowly as they muse what the causality would be in forcing him to talk.

This grim train of thought was broken by Finbar's tentative, ""I... I don't even know what here is, to be perfectly honest." Whipping his head to in turn scrutinize Finbar it dawns on Pin why they was placed with two, for lack of a kinder term, amateurs. Pin sighs as their shoulders decompress, for a moment the underlying exhaustion lurking within their eyes surfaces before dissolving in emotionless amber irises.

Standing suddenly they slip past Evilman to shut the door, tugging him to stand next to Finbar. Quickly moving around the room Pin peaks in every cabinet, drawer, and crevice with almost automated efficiency. Running the shower and sink Pin then joins the huddle and says in a low tone, "Don't inquire about the Institute if you're keen about surviving the year. I know more than most but still even I can't say exactly what we're here for or why you were taken." At this their piercing red pupils meet Finbar's, "But it has to be for a reason. It doesn't matter if you applied or just showed up but the rules remain the same: we can't leave." Shifting to focus on the angel Pin continues, "Evilman was it? The blood is for a statement. This is how things function, the weak collapse under the strong."

A devilish grin paints itself on Pincushion's face as they complete the speech with a warning, "You both are no exception. I have a plan in motion. One which is too important to derail on behalf of anyone so I implore you: stay out of my way. I really hate cleaning up blood."

Gunther Die Stille - Crevan Priest (Via Phone-call) StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus
Decibel Die Stille - Interactions open

And Here we are!
1657832334650.png 1657832412146.png
-------------------------------------

Gunther
{--------------}
'Oh Golly, I oughta miss those places.. But At least I didn't spend it all alone!' Those were the very first thoughts that came across Gunther Die Stille's mind as he, and his newly created Robotic child, Decibel, made their ways to the exit of the Airport terminal. Stopping for a moment to stretch from the long flight, the librarian looked over to Decibel, who simply followed right behind with their arms at their sides.

"How's ya feelin kiddo? Excited for school?"

Decibel was, to say the least, calm. Well, depending on how normally calm you think robots are, they were basically seeing this as an average day. So far in their first few weeks of sentience, they came to discover how this world works, the man who created them, whom was now technically their parent figure, and of course, see and attend the school in which he works at.

All in all, they were good.
"Emotional status remains at a neutral state, Father. Physical condition post-flight: Optimal."

"That's all good, Decibel." Gunther smiled, before taking out his phone.

"Just a moment, gotta make a call." Hitting up the call app, he went into his contacts and selected 'The cool Priest' (Crevan); He had contacts from the other staff before he left for vacay, so that he could give video calls and show them the scenery. Signaling for Decibel to continue following, he pressed to call Crevan.

And when he answered, Gunther spoke as he and Decibel were loading his suitcase into the back of his ride; A 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. These things were actually pretty popular with Elves for some reason, must've been their resemblance to an insect and their relation to nature.
1657835115600.png

"Hiya Crevie! How's the new batch of youngins lookin?"

X (Original)

Interactions: None

It was not as X plummeted through the wonders and horrors of all beyond him that he broke. Nor was when hard impact gave way the the freezing cold waters of the lake. Rather, it was when he dragged himself out to find himself alone. He looked around himself, clad in drenched and torn clothes, bloodstains faded from the water. His hair had grown more than he intended, but hence what happens when those you trusted betrayed that trust. But not Fenris! No, Fenris could have never betrayed him. But where were they? He called out, once… twice… and then over and over. But he received no answer. Where was the only person to have not betrayed him, the only person he could trust, the only one he really cared. His curiosity turned to panic, then to rage, then, he simply… broke. Sobs and laughter echoed on the shore from a whole orchestra of mouths. He sat like this for about 8 minutes or so before regaining composure. He was pathetic. Whimpering like a sad dog instead of seeing this new land as opportunity. He would find Fenris, he would ensure that, but what mattered now was shelter, a place to hide. Looking around once more he could see that the lake was within the woods, surrounded by dilapidated buildings, coated in moss and rotting away at corners. A few shattered rowboats lay on the shore, larger boats covered by moth-eaten tarps lay at the farthest end away from X. Closer inspection of the nearest building revealed a short brick wall with a copper plaque embedded. It read GUNTERMAN L-KE. He briefly noted the odd convenience of the one letter missing being from the most obvious word. Then he noticed the faded logo of the Tudor-Lestrange institute below that. His head pulsed, and he stumbled away, past the graffiti of bean-like spacemen and the seemingly universal constant humor of large phallic shapes, past foul-looking pools- empty of water, but not of waste, past the various trees of the forest and its mystery inhabitant skittering away at his sudden presence, until X was on the rear lawn unaware of how he had crossed the fence. The Institute loomed in front of him, a great titan of past memories and past wounds. He faintly lifted his hand to the scar at his collarbone, from when Arlo had shot him. He had been talking about preventing the apocalypse then, as if he couldn’t see the world around them, already ruined. X couldn’t help it, he began to laugh, laughed as he crossed over to the garden, slowly making his way around the walls. Arlo’s had been one of the most painful betrayals and yet here X was- perhaps about to follow in his footsteps and work at preventing doomsday. His laugh stopped as he remembered who inhabited this school. His face twisted into a snarl, it would end the same way as last time, there would be no doubt. Not if he won the battle before the war began. But first… he needed to get in. He adjusted his tattered suit, still slightly damp, to hide the runes permanently scarred in his skin. He had to pull the collar up on his shirt to hide the ones on his neck, it looked unprofessional, but it limited the visible runes to the one on his throat, but that could be hidden by keeping his head down. Spotting Mrs. Skinner (and not seeing Warden) X began to move towards her, sticking on the fringes of the groups of excited students.

Last edited:
Finbar Cody

Burberry Preserves Burberry Preserves wowie wowie

Finbar tired to seem nonchalant when Pincushion checked the room for bugs, and his eyes scanned the others' faces, looking for cues as Pincushion spoke, and he intently absorbed the words he heard. At first, he was beginning to wonder if he had been placed in some type of mental hospital, what with this place being called an institute. But who would put him in a place like that? His so-called father, maybe? The guy who was a jerk to his mother, who wouldn't accept that Fin no longer wanted him in his life, and for that matter wouldn't accept a lot of things about Fin. He pondered if it was something that the rat bastard would even do, but but his pondering was particularly punctuated by the next statements. Nobody is allowed to leave? The weak collapse? Stay out of their way? These could of course, be thoughts influenced by mental illness (or so Fin speculated) but whether or not they were wouldn't matter if Fin was on this person's bad side. And of course, it wouldn't explain why one minute he'd been riding his horse, the next someplace else, without so much as a briefing on the situation from a staff member. Oh no. What about Ember? What happened to her? And mom? Does she even know where I am? She must be worried out of her mind!
"Right. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. But I can't help but ask: Do you s'pose it would be safe to inquire about.... something.... that happened before I got here? Or anybody who isn't here?" It seemed too good to be true, but he couldn't help but ask.

Mr. Crevan Priest

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Crevan had been putting some last minute finishing touches on his classroom when he got the phone call from Gunther. Quickly hooking one end of the banner that he was hanging from the vine that grew on his ceiling, he unpocketed his phone and answered.
"Hey, Gont, how was that vacation?"

Mrs. Persephone Skinner & Knott Lazarus

RealBillClinton RealBillClinton

"Well, it's certainly the right place for ruffians," She said with a smile, giving a nod back to some students who said "hi" as they passed. "You look like a suspicious character," She teased to one of the students who passed by, who happened to be Knott Lazarus. Knott stopped in their tracks nearby, too busy looking at the fascimile of a familiar face. It was X alright, but why did he look so disheveled? Knott wasn't sure they wanted to know, but still couldn't help but stare.

The Alphabet Twins (X and Y)

Interactions: Mrs Skinner and Knott ( StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus )

The Alphabet Twins. What was to be said? Well, many things of course- that tends to be how an introduction works. To put it simply, they knew everyone, and I do mean everyone. They dabbled in keeping themselves at the top by doing the work for those at rock bottom, they pulled favors and stunts for those that offered something in return, and a token of friendship was a token for anything and everything. Tick them off and they would leak all those embarrassing videos you made on your Nintendo 3DS when you were twelve, (what, you thought people couldn’t get a hold of it because it wasn’t on the internet?) or worse. They were also inseparable, this was incredibly evident as they exited the back of a black limousine, a briefcase in the hand farthest from their sibling as they strode side by side. Cliché? Perhaps, but they could afford to be cliché at times. At this point in time they were headed immediately for the library, it appears the librarian would be bringing his child, and what better way to appear friendly than to welcome them to the school once they arrived? The pair threw around casual greetings as they walked, including those in front of the doors. “Good morning Mrs. Skinner, you look lovely today” said Y in a cheerful sort of way. Not exactly like a fun moment, but like someone reciting a commercial for financial obligation- not unsettling, but still somewhat… strange. “Hello Knott, good to see you again” X similarly greeted, before passing through the large doors and disappearing into the halls.

Mr. Crevan Priest

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Crevan had been putting some last minute finishing touches on his classroom when he got the phone call from Gunther. Quickly hooking one end of the banner that he was hanging from the vine that grew on his ceiling, he unpocketed his phone and answered.
"Hey, Gont, how was that vacation?"
1657951029882.png1657951319525.png
Gunther & Decibel Die Stille - Mr Crevan Priest StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus
---------------
Smiling as he made a right turn, he replied.

"Went as mighty fine as an aced exam buddy! And like I promised, I got those Dinwhether Beetles for ya. Can ya believe how big o' a jar they sold me at for such a low price? A mighty catch I'll tell ya!." He happily explained with a hearty tone.

"Other than that, I completed my Brass Band Classes, got to see many locations, and you know what I'm about to speak of next, Sonny."

Making another turn, he switched the call to a video call, where Crevan could see that the phone was held on a dashboard holder, where it was seen that Gunther was just about near the school.

"Say hello to Decibel aye?"

Decibel, who had been idly watching out the window as other cars passed by, turned to face the phone and gave a small wave.
"Salutations. Crevan Priest."

India Bones

Interactions: None

The silver bulk of the Junk Flier dropped out of the clouds towards the dirt runway of the Tudor-Lestrange Institute at alarming speed. India felt the plane shudder, and heard a crash and squack from Geronimo as a sarcophagus she had swiped tipped over. Looking down at the damaged controls, she worked as much as she could to keep the plane in the air. A plate of the fuselage ripped free as the landing gear deployed and touched down on the dirt. She could always fix that later, what mattered now was that she was here, and she needed to distribute gifts among her fellow faculty. The realization that she had to have someone watch Geronimo to prevent another incident with Cretan popped into her head. Frowning, she lowered the ramp to the cargo hold and walked out to stretch. Gunther wouldn’t be here yet, he had taken vacation, Warden was probably out front, and to be quite honest- she didn’t trust Ebeneezer or Dee with Geronimo. Thinking over it a second or two- the most reliable to handle Geronimo was probably Corey, and knowing that she needed Warden to help her lug off this cargo, well she could just ask Corey to watch Geronimo on the way there. With that, she grabbed the bag full of artefacts she planned to give out, and set on her way to the front of the school.

Burberry Preserves Burberry Preserves StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

'So he has loved ones? I can work this.'

Running with the angle Pin, ever a fan of the macabre, says deadpan "Not if unless you want to lose more than your head." Cocking their head to the room's clock they elaborate, "It's almost time for orientation. We can find out more about who's safe to ask. But I wouldn’t advise running loose with such a loaded question, wouldn't want to arouse suspicion." Standing straight they offer a hand to the dulahan, "I'm not one for sentimentality but I would prefer to have a compatriot. Shall we go?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back