• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Triumph of Death

Shireling

A Servant of King and Country
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The Triumph of Death

1571544017380.png
The Triumph of Death is a narrative roleplay for between 3 and 8 participants that centers on a small unit of National Guardsmen/women as they struggle to survive a series of supernatural phenomena that utterly destroy the modern world. This is my first attempt at a narrative RP following a long hiatus and I am also making time for it despite a fairly full schedule for the upcoming semester. That being the case, the requirements in terms of post frequency will be fairly lenient if (and I should say only if) a lack of frequency is compensated for by superior quality.

The narrative will share many aspects of typical zombie apocalypse stories, with the added caveat that the forces at work are clearly of a supernatural origin (thus the Fantasy tag). The setting assumes a quasi-Christian cosmology, but this is never explicit. As you may have noticed, the story takes a lot of inspiration from the painting of the same name by Bruegel and the paintings of Heirnoymus Bosch. The goal is, broadly, for the small unit of Guardsmen/women to become a group of battle-tested, rugged survivors of the Apocalypse, confronting evil and making moral decisions along the way as they interact with their decaying command structure, civilians, and the undead who are clearly malevolent and clearly intelligent. If you have any other questions or express interest, feel free to comment below.

Attachments

• 1571543632447.png
    1571543632447.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 3
Sure, I'm interested. My posts won't be super high quality because I don't have the passion I used to for RP, but maybe this'll revive it. My semester is also busy, so there's that.

Sure, I'm interested. My posts won't be super high quality because I don't have the passion I used to for RP, but maybe this'll revive it. My semester is also busy, so there's that.
Same problems, but I can make some time. Alright that's two people. Don't need a huge group, so I would probably be willing to start with four or so.

I'll post a sample character to give you guys sonething to work off.

Alright so, made a character here for you to go off of. I can make the threads later on tonight, but I have some work I need to do first.
followingnorth followingnorth Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob RipEverything RipEverything
Background Information Relevant to All Characters:

The characters in The Triumph of Death all live in and around the metropolitan area of Montgomery, Alabama during the time period the story is set in which is October 2020. The National Guard post that they report to for their routine training is Alabama National Guard Post 301 in Montgomery proper. They must be of a relatively decent level of physical fitness (as per the job requirement), and all but the GM character will be of a rank no higher than Private First Class, but otherwise there are no restrictions on characters. Attempt to make characters believable and realistic, and have some depth to their personality.

Character Name, Age: Sebastian Swiller, 24
Character Profession (other than National Guardsman/woman): Laboratory Chemist
Character History:

Sebastian grew up in Oxford, Mississippi, the flower of late Southern aristocracy. Bookish by nature, he excelled in school, assisted a great deal by his parents who were both professors at Ole Miss University. Sebastian was, however, interested in physical activity as a youth. While he never liked sports, his zeal for military history prompted him to join the ROTC in high school which he stuck with through all four years of college at the University of Alabama pursuing a degree in laboratory chemistry.

While he was prepared to go into the Army, his eyesight began to degenerate in late 2016 as a result of a laboratory accident involving acid. While he could still see with the aid of glasses, his eyesight was poor enough that the Army would not take him as a non-commissioned officer. Sebastian floated from Tuscaloosa to Montgomery where he received a position in a chemical lab that made additives for two-stroke engine oil. He has worked there for the past three years, attempting to save up enough money to move while looking for a more lucrative job elsewhere. He joined the Alabama National Guard upon finalizing his residency in the state for the extra pay and opportunity to remain in good physical shape.

Character Personality Traits:

Sebastian is melancholic by disposition, slow to anger but not necessarily rich in compassion either. His overriding tendency with other people is to judge them harshly according to a rigorous set of standards and, while not making such judgement known to others, treat people according to the measure he measures out for them. While being judgemental, he is often aloof and assumes superiority of intelligence with most of his interlocuters.

If there could be any saving grace for Sebastian, it would be his unwavering commitment to his honor as a soldier and an intense sense of loyalty and bravery, perhaps stemming from his conception of himself as an aristocratic Southern gentleman, the last of a courtly class. He is also, one might add, rather intelligent (although not as much so as he thinks) and a natural-born problem solver with an analytic mindset.

Character Disadvantages (i.e. things that make it harder for them to survive): Generally does not work well with others, wears glasses, is a smoker
Character Hobbies: Reading, Playing mandolin, Singing, Jogging, Smoking
Appearance (description and portrait): Sebastian is about average height and thin, being primarily lean muscle. He stands roughly 5-and-a-half feet tall with pale skin, reddish brown hair, and green eyes.
faceclaim1.PNG

There's a site I found that allowed me to make the faceclaim that is kind of neat if you guys wanted to use it. You can play around with their somewhat limited character portrait thingamabob and it will give you something presentable but you can't just save the image you have to screenshot it. DMHeroes

Huh, well screw me for thinking this was set in some fantasy world in a medieval period.
Lol, I might have clarified why the fantasy tag. I waffled on whether it would count as modern/realistic or fantasy, but given that I want it to be heavily supernatural in theme I felt it would be best categorized as urban fantasy. Ergo fantasy.

I can't believe you'd go and make rps without telling me. Smh. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back