• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Trials And Tribulations Of General Heroism (As Written By Alexis Lykan And Tokunaga Reiki)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

SpeedHunters73

"I Also...Have Something I Wish to Protect."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"Ugh. This is boring. When are these guys supposed to come anyway?" A blonde man starts to complain as he sits in his seat in boredom, occasionally checking his watch as the time for whatever they have planned slowly goes down.
"how impatient are you? They still have an hour before they're required to attend the exam. Also, that's a no go on the beret." A rather short and young looking green haired woman reminds him before removing the hat from his head. While she looks like a teenager, appearances can be very deceiving.
"You're one to talk. You look like you're attending the school, not working in it." He sneers at her before taking his hat back and shoving it in his pocket.
"Whatever, Hitomi." The sound of his name that he despises so much immediately wipes the smile from his face as he shifts from sarcastic to angry. "Don't...call me Hitomi."
" Hitomi Kemuri? How dreadful." Another voice says from behind them, chuckling at the rather feminine name he was cursed with.
This causes the one called Kemuri to turn around in annoyance and shout. "Shut up, Kuro, we, whatever the hell your last name is!" Truth be told, nobody knows what Kuro's last name was. Some of the staff even question if he himself actually knows his surname. He's never put it on any of his documents or told it to anyone.
Kuro mearly shakes his head at his rather childish outburst. For a pro Hero to respond in such a childish manner... "Wow. You're like a child stuck in an adult's body."
Now infuriated, Kemuri stands up and starts to approach the fellow staff member. "Now listen here you little sh-" Only to be stopped by the woman's hand gripping his wrist, stopping his actions. "Calm down you two. The fighting should stay between the actual students, not the staff. By the way, Is everything ready?" She looks over at Kuro, who's doing the final inspections on everything.
"Yep. Everything is ready for transfer. All we need is the actual students to arrive." He looks down at the pixilated black box surrounding him before hiding it back inside of him.
"Which someone stupidly decided to push back an hour." Kemuri starts to complain again on Seiai's Exam schedule.
The woman turns back to him with a annoyed look. "You know, all you do is complain, you know that?"
Noticing that she genuine seems pissed off, he sighs before starting to explain. "I'm sorry, it's just that when you have this amazing of a roster of students with these amazing quirks, you can't help but get, you know, hyped. These...girls are gonna be like us...heroes. It's already annoying enough that we're the last school to have our entrance exam, and the wait is unbearable at this point." He checks his watch again, becoming more and more impatient as the time seemingly winds down at a snail's pace.
While in agreement with some of his points, his current behavior was still rather unacceptable regardless. "Doesn't give you permission to be an a-hole about it though."
He sighs again, before telling her "Right. Right. I guess I can wait a little bit more time..." Attempting to calm himself down, he sits down with the others and continues to wait as the time for the exam slowly goes down.

Now around the time that the students that qualified start to show up, the 3 stand on the other side of the gate and wait for them to show up. Now very excited and even more impatient, Kemuri paces back and forth "It's around time someone showed up, don't ya think?"
"Huh." A rather tall blonde girl with unique natural highlights says from behind them, chilling on a nearby bench.
"Well I guess I'm not so early after all..."
The sudden appearance of a girl that somehow managed to slip past him unnoticed surprises Nemuri, but he's met his fair share of speedsters before. At first, he assumes she's hostile, but considering she made her presence so obvious, that's probably not the case. "When did you...nevermind. You one of ours?" He asks her, having read about a speedster girl in the files.
"Is this Seiai?" She asks in return, answering Kemuri's thoughts on her. "Yeah. What's your name?" She seems hesitant to tell him his name, but in the end, she tells him her name. "Alexis, mate." Stating her name confirms his suspicions. This was in fact the speedster girl that he expressed interest in, as well as a few others that hadn't shown up yet. "Ah, so you're Miss Lykan? I guess that explains things." He looks at her with a rather intimidating look on his face, making her slightly uncomfortable, before telling her. "You made it here, but that's only a part of making it to Seiai." The woman, Murasa, nods her head before finishing what he was going to say next.
"You want a spot, you're gonna have to earn it, like everyone else who's good enough to qualify here." The two, now in unison, ask her the question.
"Now, are you ready…"
"To show your worth?"

Last edited:
Reiki made it her mission to avoid her mother's gaze, to ignore the small talk between Umino Kaze-san and Aikawa Hanako-chan.

It wasn't worth getting invested in anyway, Umino-san was on his way to Ketsubetsu Orientation, Aikawa to her second week at Yuuei, she was lucky enough that her own mother had spared enough time to actually drive her to the Seiai entrance exams.

To encourage her with half-meant platitudes and general excitement.

Reiki just kept her gaze on the passing buildings, the streets, the people.

Anything but the lies her mother was trying to keep up in front of their company.

"Aren't you excited Rei-chan?" Her mother asked, voice uncharacteristically bright, eyes on the road.

She made a noncomitted sound in the back of her throat.

Her mother tried to pout at her, tried, instead it was more of a disappointed scowl, "At Least Try! I know U.A. was a bust, and that Shinketsu refused you on travel fees and such, but still!"

Reiki tried not to flinch at the reminder.

Seiai Academy was her last shot, well, unless she decided Shinketsu's General Studies program was for her, (at the very least, their general course uniforms weren't hellishly expensive), but they were notorious for keeping their courses completely separate, so any chance of trying to climb through the ranks would be completely squashed.

(She mentally cursed Awata Kaoruko in the back of her head. That girl was far to cheerful and it had costed six others their place in the sitting test.)

Still, she had a month to go before she would end up in Seiai's dorms if she got in, so better play along.

Tokunaga Kanna had a habit of keeping food just out of reach of her daughter if the teen 'embarrassed' her in front if company.

So, she sallowed her pride, "Maybe a little, more queasy than anything."

Kanna's half scowl morphed into a smile.

"Ah, here we are Seiai!"
------------------------------------------
Seiai wasn't as big as Shinketsu or U.A., neither was it as cozy and welcoming as Ketsubetsu, nor as cleanly as Iwaizumi, but it was a nice middle ground.

It was three separate buildings in all, painted in soft varying shades of white, black, and blue, clean and orderly, with dozens of teenage girls, and she thinks she saw the top of the dorms peak out somewhere farther behind the main building, already milling about on the other side of the gates.

Reiki bit her bottom lip, and closed the door to her mother's car, offering the woman a small smile, and left her with a later time to pick her up.

Looking at the small, ornate, gates that decorated the entrance to the Hero(ine) Academy, Reiki took a deep breath, smoothed out her uniform skirt, she was here from Haruno-Kiseki Junior High For Talented Young Girls, pink skirt, white Fuku ribbon, black shirt, at the very least, it made her calm down a little.

She was okay, she wasn't here because of her mother, she was here because she wanted to be, because this was her choice.

Releasing a deep sigh, she shouldered her book-bag and walked forward.

"Hero career here I come..." She mumbled to herself.

Last edited:
Albeit having a lot more questions for the young speedster, the appearance of several more young women ready for the entrance exam forced Hitomi to save them for another day. For now, he settled on something more basic. "I see you aren't following dress code, Miss Lykan." Eyeing her down, she appears to completely disregard Seiai's dress code in favor of putting on something a lot more comfortable and boyish. "Well, since this is the entrance exam, I'll let it slide. There's always a chance you don't make it."
"Dress code?" Looking around, Alexis noticed that nearly all the girls were wearing similar outfits. They all looked pretty and girl like, something the tomboy despised. "There ain't anything in this world that can force me into those... things." Hitomi chuckles at her statement before telling her "Well, in the slight chance that you make it, I'll see what we can do about your special request, but for now..." He motions his hand to Murasa, who is gathering all the girls around her for an announcement. "Give her a listen." Following his orders, Alexis joins the crowd with the other girls to hear what Murasa has to say. Clearing her throat, she takes a breath before starting:
"Hello there and welcome to Seiai! I'm Kino-sensei and as you all know, here we only accept the best of the best girls from around the country to enter in our hero academy. Every single one of you here in one way or another have our interest, but now it's time that you actually earn your spot in this school."
"That's right, and unlike other hero schools that are most likely screwing around a city block by now, our entrance exam is a bit different." Hitomi walks up next to Murasa, continuing her speech. "'How different?' you ask? Well, you're about to find out...in a bit, but for now, I'm Kemuri-sensei and for now, talk amongst yourselves as we prep the final touches of our surprise." With that, but Hitomi and Murasa walk away and enter a building out of sight, leaving the girls to do whatever they want for a bit of time.
"Wow. That's it? Kinda expected more..." Alexis thinks outloud as the 2 abruptly leave the area to do whatever teachers do to set up entrance exams. Also, I figured a hero school would have everything for an entrance exam ready as soon as possible. I guess I was wrong. Regardless of whatever shenanigans those 2 were up to and Alexis's own worries of what could go wrong during the exam, the others didn't really seem to care, immediately breaking into conversation or whatever interested them at the time as they left. Too awkward and shy to talk to another girls, she decided to swiftly head to the back of the crowd and not stand out, like she always does, while simultaneously praying that one of the girls doesn't attempt to talk to her and checking them out, also a thing she does rather often, albeit much more secretive than normal. She's rather not botch her first impressions by rather creepily eyeing down other girls, so she tries to make herself unnoticeable, a skill she was quite unintentionally good at. The important thing is that with her head filling up with thoughts of quenching her loneliness, she had something to do, and things were alright for her for now.​

Last edited:
"Tokunaga? What are you doing here?"

Reiki jerked at her last name being called.

The wind down from Kino-sensei and Hitomi-sensei's introduction left a lot to be desired, and, for the record, Nakahara Haruka was probably the last person Reiki wanted to converse with. Ever.

The girl was cocky, overconfident, rude, and all because she had a supremely powerful Telekinetic Emitter Quirk.

She made it known in spades as one of Haruno-Kiseki's serial tormentors.

Reiki bit her lip, almost hard enough to draw blood, and tried to steel herself, "Applying."

Her answer garnered a laugh, loud and obnoxious.

Haruka gave her hair a small flip, smirking, "Really? With your Quirk? Please, a dog has more of a chance of getting in than you."

She shrugged, "Won't know if I don't try, besides, I thought you got accepted into U.A.?"

"Technically, my admission is all but confirmed, I scored the highest in our block after all." She replied, with another haughty hair flip.

Reiki made an 'ah' sound, and Haruka began to to help praises on herself for such a thing.

Seeing her way out after Haruka called over one of the other Haruno-Kiseki girls attending, Reiki slipped back into the crowd at large.

"Eh? What kinda half assed introduction was that?" One of the girls asked out loud as the teachers leave the area.
"Is this a joke?" Another one asks both clearly confused on Kino-sensei and Hitomi-sensei's rather ambiguous message.
"There has to be more to that surprise than many think. I know it." One of the girls near Alexis quietly whispers. Knowing what some of the other schools do for entrance exams, Alexis agrees. There's no way a rather big school like Seiai would wait until the last minute to make preparations like this. They had to had something up their sleeve. Or maybe the 2 were overthinking things. Regardless, Alexis had to at least try to open up to someone, something she really wasn't used to, especially to someone this cute.
"Em..." She starts to speak up, startling the other girl.
"What, am I speaking too loud? Oh my God, I'm so sorry..." She starts to stutter and bite her tongue at the sound of Alexis addressing her. This makes Alexis even more embarrassed for scaring her. "No, it's not that!" She tells her in an attempt to calm her down.
"Eh, then what is it?"
"Uh..." She thinks of the best way to start the conversation after such an awkward introduction. "You said that you think that they're up to something. So what do you think?"
"Oh that!" She clears her throat and takes a deep breath before starting. "Well I think-"
"Think this is all good fun?" A familiar voice calls out to the examinees, interrupting the girl's thoughts on the situation.
"Huh?" The other girl turns around in the direction of the voice, which appears to be coming from Kemuri. He points to the ground before saying "Well, not anymore!" Everyone is then seemingly consumed by a dark black box and are met with darkness for a few moments before emerging in a street in what appears to be the city.
"Ow...what is this place?" The girl gets up and triesto process what just happened, whilst rubbing her butt due to the sore landing.
Looking around, she recognizes some of the streets around her. She had driven down some of these streets before in the street racing scene. "It looks like the city. Did we get teleported to a city block?"
"You seriously think we have the budget for that?" Kemuri speaks out to Alexis, emerging from the top of a small building before plopping down onto the street with his students. "This is Kuro-sensei's quirk."
"Kuro...sensei?" The white haired girl asks Kemuri, clearly confused on the mention of a new name.
"Oh right. I forgot to introduce you guys to him." Kemuri starts to explain the whole situation to the class. "Anyways, while this may look like a city block, it's actually a replica of a city block created by his quirk, a lot easier on the school's budget. Anyway, this is where the exam will be taking place." He motions his hands to the vast area surrounding the lot of them.
"So much for being different than the other schools..." The girl says rather dejectedly, expressing disappointment to the lack of originality in their exam compared to others.
"Oh, about that. That'll come later, but for now, clear as many obstacles and save as many people you can as you head to the other side of the city. We'll monitor your progress as you go. Anyways, good luck!" Kemuri turns around and starts to leave. The white hair girl starts to chase after him, still having loads of questions for him and none of them answered. "Wait...!" However, he is covered by black pixels and suddenly disappears from the enclosure. The other girl stops in her tracks as Kemuri makes his swift exit. She sighs loudly before turning back to Alexis. "So I guess we have to do this, right?"
Alexis has her own emotions on this, but settles on a simple "Aye," and nodding.
Noticing that she had (somewhat) successfuly opened up to another girl, the other girl takes the opportunity to try to make a friend."By the way, the name's Shirayuki Ricka. What about you?"
While a bit hesitant to respond at first, she felt a bit more comfortable talking to a girl than with Hitomi-sensei earlier. "Lykan Alexis, mate."
"Lykan...what a odd name. I like it. Now, you willing to team up?" She extends her hand to the girl hoping for a temporary truce for the length of the exam.
Alexis stares at Ricka's hand for a few seconds before shaking it with her own hand. "Not like I have a choice. Let's do this."

Reiki swallowed roughly, fingers curling into the fabric of her skirt, her heartbeat beginning to pick up, of course the the practical was going to be something like this..

'What if I fail again?', she thought to herself, frantic, sure, Kaoruko likely hadn't gotten accepted or anything, but still, it wasn't Kauroko that made her fail the U.A. practical, oh God, if she failed her mother would-

"You need to breathe."

A hand coming to rest on her shoulder damn near made her jump a foot into the air, so, she whirled on the voice.

Ink black hair, bright grey eyes, pale skin and a figure most girls would kill for.

"Can you breathe with me?" She asked, placing her other hand on Reiki's collarbone as she made a show of inhaling, and exhaling, slowly.

Reiki made a noise in the back of her throat, trying to follow the other girls pattern, soft, deep, and slow.

Soft, deep, and slow.

Soft, deep, and slow.

Soft.

Deep.

Slow.

Finally, she had a handle on, swallowing the lump in her throat, Reiki gave her a sharp nod, "Thank you."

The other girl smiled, tilted her head, and gently removed her hands from Reiki's person, "Anything to help, Muramasa Ryoba."

"Tokunaga Reiki," she offered in return, "any idea about how this gonna go?"

Muramasa-san simply shrugged, "Not really, the only other Practical I took was Iwaizumi, and they just flung us off a cliff."

"A cliff?"

"They specialize in Support and Rescue heroes," Muramasa explained.

Reiki made an 'ah' sound, "Right."

Muramasa smiled, shaking her head slightly, amused at Reiki's loss of words.

(World's longest time between replies, I know lol)

"Alright, Whatever. I'm getting out of here. See ya scrawny gals on the other side, peace!" As soon as Kemuri had finished talking, the more aggressive, and clearly more impatient blonde had already charged right into the fight, kicking the ground with a surprising amount of force, and pushed ahead, using the broken off piece of tarmac as a sort of makeshift hoverboard with what was presumably her quirk. The golden aura surrounding it was extremely noticable, even as she left the area. Soon afterwards, a pink haired student ran out after her with a decent pace in her step, just ahead of a small crowd hanging out behind her. Alexis, still attempting to process the lack of information given to her by her sensei, failed to notice everyone else jumping the gun, awakening from her confused trance by a light shove from behind, from the white haired female and probably her friend now, Ricka. "Easily distracted much? Don't fall behind now! Let's regroup at the center. See ya!" Not wanting to fall behind herself, Ricka decided to follow everyone else, conjuring a path of Ice to easily skate down, courtesy of her hybrid shoes. With everyone else already taking the liberty of going on ahead of her, Alexis did a small little jig in her place, bouncing up in down in place, prepping the mode she was going into first, then after a bit of self motivation, and some small amount of rage built inside of her: "Speed Mode: Hi No Kaze (火の風)!" Sending all of that fiery energy into the lower half of her body, she launched from her position, and proceeded to zoom forward, making sure to look out for whatever this special surprise the teachers had supposedly prepared for them.

"...Blast away!" And surely enough, action had soon found them, the rather rude blonde from earlier sending quite a few rocks into the direction of what appeared to be...wait, what?

"No way, the surprise is... famous villains of the past?" Even this possibility never even occurred to her. And judging from the still shocked look on the blonde's face, she wasn't either.

"Surprised, are you? Yes, our surprise is, as you all have realized, Kuro's own manifestation of older, infamous villains, along with their quirks." Suddenly, a more familiar voice, Kemuri, boomed through the entire arena, a reminder that this was all still just an test, a recruitment exam for the best of the best. "You know, we could have just used boring old mechs, but I figured this would be more fun, more interesting. And before you all panic, I specifically requested that they be dialed down in terms of power, some more than others. The more you incapacitate, and arrest, the higher you scale on our ranks. So then...good luck."

"That stupid...what kind of reckless, inconsiderate teachers makes this the entrance exam?!" The same blonde haired student from earlier, clearly irate at the developments the exam hand suddenly taken, and hiding behind a shield of concrete, was struggling, presumably having not prepared for an exam of this high difficulty. The news shocked Alexis as well, slowing down on a nearby road to collect her thoughts. "Well, guess things just got a lot more complicated." Walking in place, she thought: "He did say arrest and/or incapacitate. And well...Hi No Kaze is best for quick finishes...so perhaps...yeah, that's the plan." Getting back into position, she got ready to launch again, fueling her anger this time in the horribly made exam system her superiors had pieced together. "Time to get back into the acti-"

Suddenly, before the speed could travel to her lower half, a hard blow had suddenly landed on her side, sending her flying sideways. Luckily for her, she has resilience, so getting up from an almost debilitating hit like that was easy. Though, like any other normal human would, she got up cursing. "What the-" the next few attempted hits were easily dodged, the wannabe hero having had some experience in fighting, but not much. It was manly her enhanced reflexes that Hi No Kaze granted her doing the work. "Tch. Won't give me space, won't ya?" Despite the more cocky tone that she had adopted, she was still nervous. After all, it was the famous villain Smasher standing right in front of her, in the flesh and blood... probably. Who knows how Kuro's quirk actually worked. Anyway, she had to get her way around Smasher somehow. Question is: how?

"Still sure this was a good idea? Most of the students are struggling." A concerned Murasa peered over at Kemuri, observing with the many cameras in the arena.
"Eh, they'll be fine. Even if they lose, I requested that Kuro make his fake villians only trap them. Not kill or inflict serious injury. Don't want any parents bothering us in the next few weeks. Besides, this is a real test of strength, a small fragment of what it's like to be on the battlefield. Get what I mean? Genius, am I right?" An unamused Kuro and Murasa stare at Kemuri with a blank expression, not impressed by his shenanigans. Brushing the clear criticism aside, the blonde teacher put his attention back on the screen, sipping coffee and enjoying the view. "Anyway, this should be interesting..."

Smasher

A villian who is most recognized as the one who eliminated the infamous Edgerunner vigilante.

Quirk: Cyberpsychosis

By forcibly manipulating the flow of electricity in his body, he can amplify his speed and striking damage, at the cost of his humanity and sanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back