• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Trial - Dance with the Devil [a horror, death game roleplay]

erembore

Creature
IC||CS||OOC||SETTINGS

WW9WEP-uxTgtg2pvZ4HSVKRMtPBr25LtDAKVHcg4mJWyRf4AMtkhNRi82C2ZQumYG4skoSjn6PsM-FiWGnP61WP2ekzyz-K6QSiLhJOyrtvKbvQGS_30rde5mfZHF4tdehxyltVc

h5MjzmcBotfw8UboiMc2fz47FtRYLglYYpYq45iTZBNRQwztJa_MoSsu-xnMoFV3SuJ1f1RUzNGvWkeOvFi51V6E8jhguAfbwatcZonO8U4s77WxsBBFGwYHxfCb0EMgrsb6oX55
7qOd6w8iqfraLnNff_bxi4-9eqzq1V7glFyoT4ZAnAyEjHKh7XhPZDlBxGsioI1liKr8umFVcN01PX8hifzUPb4o5in9I_SU_Ftm7Gyqb5L9ZdG_PmD5Fg_VYay5I0p93YYliiqp
There is an urban legend going around online on shady forums, speaking of an abandoned mansion deep within the woods, past a long-forgotten church cemetery in the middle of nowhere. It is said that this is the Devil's abode.

People have been gathering there for who knows how long - odd people, poor souls with no luck, who you should stay away from at all costs. They come here for the annual October Ball, wearing queer masks akin to demons themselves. Once 13 have assembled and the clock strikes midnight on the 1st of October, they enter the seemingly haunted house - it appears deserted throughout the entire year except for during this accursed month, as its windows light up like jack-o-lanterns and the hellish celebration begins.

iteWgTZ227U_XehaKKQU4GEu_xu9uCzveqMlnkcS4PsivwAdcZlQoKnBsFo9pp11I9P-_rREdUWJbZVhH1TQOyErD9S8BsN4G5dN4INPf56_zgDaE5okYvYdiNjVo5AG4tSvB_ln
In reality, the "masquerade" is anything but a dance. After all, these individuals discarded by the world have arrived for a wholly different reason - the Trial. Anyone who is able to survive it is invited to the true end ball on Halloween night and is granted a special reward - anything they could ever wish for, made true by the Devil himself.

However, the stakes are high and most pay with their lives as soon as they go past the threshold of this crooked domain. Are you really ready to take a chance? And, even if you somehow make it, are you ready for a deal with the Devil?

Ladies and Gentleman, May I Have Your Attention...
This roleplay will involve some heavy and potentially triggering topics surrounding death. If you are fine with that, then proceed.

This roleplay idea belongs to rambler rambler , but they abandoned it back in 2016. I intend to revive it, which they have expressed being fully okay with.

This roleplay is heavily inspired by the manga "Life is Money", which I found to be lacking, but still possessing an intriguing concept that I decided could be worked on through cooperation with some fine, literate roleplayers. Anyway, now that credit has been given where it is due, onto the actual summery - a group of 13 people decide to take participation in a game of life and death for the chance to be granted their wish by a supposed Devil running the whole ordeal. In order to succeed, they have to survive a month of being stuck in an isolated manor, going through various challenges set up by the Devil himself for his own personal entertainment. The toughest obstacle they will have to overcome is ending the lives of their fellow participants, since only 6 individuals may be left alive at the end of the month. If this number is exceeded, then everyone will be killed off. There is one condition that the murdering abides by - you may off a person solely through frightening them to an extent that the Devil deems enough. All forms of physical violence are prohibited, yet only if they are noticed by the Devil or recorded. Needless to say, as any satanic creature he is willing to close his eyes on certain occasions if he sees fit.

Once 6 people remain and make it to the end of the set deadline there follows a celebration, a ball, during which their masks are at last taken off and whatever they had hoped for is given to them - money, fame, love, confidence, luck, etc. All is possible - even bringing a long lost relative or friend back from the dead. No tricks! This is the real deal. However, is the reward really worth it? Was it worth the psychological torture that everyone endured? Was is it worth the deaths of 7 people? Well, it doesn't matter... Once you make a pact with the Devil there's no going back...

There will obviously be character death so better take heed of this when choosing to participate. Killing a particular character will be decided through discussions among the characters themselves or even just by the whim of one person alone - there will be no vote-based elimination system. The purpose of this game is to dig into the players' minds as they consciously choose who to get rid off through finding "justifiable reasons" to carry through with this inhumane act and persuading others of their views.

For the RP I will need 13 fellow roleplayers (though I am totally willing to lower the number if there is little interest), with a good grasp on grammar and the ability to write one and/or over one paragraph per post. Also, obviously, character limit per roleplayer is merely one.

A lot more detail will be revealed once the official thread is up

Last edited:
I'm interested, and maybe to speed it up, maybe have 6 roleplayers with 2 characters each, one that is killed off by another roleplayer, and the other that survives. It's hard to get 13 roleplayers, and it solves the problem of having someone just not being able to RP anymore once their character dies.

I'm interested, and maybe to speed it up, maybe have 6 roleplayers with 2 characters each, one that is killed off by another roleplayer, and the other that survives. It's hard to get 13 roleplayers, and it solves the problem of having someone just not being able to RP anymore once their character dies.
Thank you for expressing interest and, yes, I totally see where you are coming from. Still, my initial intention was to make the roleplay have higher stakes - once someone dies, that's it. I wanted this to be... a more serious, actually "horror" experience. However, I have toyed around with the idea you brought up and will probably implement it if there are truly fewer people interested. Thank you for bringing this up!

Thank you for expressing interest and, yes, I totally see where you are coming from. Still, my initial intention was to make the roleplay have higher stakes - once someone dies, that's it. I wanted this to be... a more serious, actually "horror" experience. However, I have toyed around with the idea you brought up and will probably implement it if there are truly fewer people interested. Thank you for bringing this up!

I understand that it lowers the risk, but my main focus is managing six roleplayers instead of thirteen, If you can do that more power to you. Also, I think horror should come from reading the text, rather than the mechanics in placed, but if that's what you wish to implement, then don't let my idea influence you, unless of course we don't have as many people interested.

I understand that it lowers the risk, but my main focus is managing six roleplayers instead of thirteen, If you can do that more power to you. Also, I think horror should come from reading the text, rather than the mechanics in placed, but if that's what you wish to implement, then don't let my idea influence you, unless of course we don't have as many people interested.
Again, I totally see where you are coming from and I agree with you to a certain extent. I suppose we have different ideas when it comes down to horror and how it can be best portrayed, but, at the end of the day, what matters is everyone's enjoyment. And that can be achieved only through compromise. I think the best thing to do is to wait and see how many people actually submit characters (and not only express interest), and, if not all roles are filled, give some roleplayers that are willing to play more than one character the ability to make a second personage, cause some rpers just don't want to/can't handle that.

Either way, welcome on board! I'm going to link the IC, CS and all that good stuff in the first post here so that everyone can see them.

Again, I totally see where you are coming from and I agree with you to a certain extent. I suppose we have different ideas when it comes down to horror and how it can be best portrayed, but, at the end of the day, what matters is everyone's enjoyment. And that can be achieved only through compromise. I think the best thing to do is to wait and see how many people actually submit characters (and not only express interest), and, if not all roles are filled, give some roleplayers that are willing to play more than one character the ability to make a second personage, cause some rpers just don't want to/can't handle that.

Either way, welcome on board! I'm going to link the IC, CS and all that good stuff in the first post here so that everyone can see them.

I guess the other alternative could be lowering the amount of characters from 13 to 7, and have only 3 survive to the next round, if you're worried about people not wanting to make multiple characters, as well as still going with the RP idea even with a low amount of roleplayers.

I guess the other alternative could be lowering the amount of characters from 13 to 7, and have only 3 survive to the next round, if you're worried about people not wanting to make multiple characters, as well as still going with the RP idea even with a low amount of roleplayers.
Fair enough, fair enough. Thank you for proposing this! Still, for now I'm just going to wait and see how many people submit characters and then I'll ask everyone what they think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back