• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

Star

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

In Paradise

Moments We Live For

Star squeaked in alarm as Brandon finally arrived, looking up at him with wide eyes. “Bran!” Her heart rate—which was already racing because of today’s events and Care’s elaborate plan—kicked up a notch, and she tried to breathe deeply to assuage the panic. Gods. She closed her eyes and put a hand to her chest, trying to calm down.

To her surprise, when she opened her eyes, her best friend was holding out a flower for her. For a moment, she simply could not process why this was happening and stared at him in confusion. There was that, and what did forgiving him have to do with the Cupid Shuffle? The gears slowly turned in her brain, and by the time she realized what exactly the context was, she scoffed and took the flower. “Of course I forgive you. But I’m not doing the Cupid Shuffle with you right now. There are more important things going on? And you’re injured last I checked.”

It was a good thing she said so, because just then the Roman twins arrived. Star swallowed. Why wasn’t Care with them? Her eyebrows furrowed as she frowned and listened to the prophecy. While the rhyming was pretty, she wasn’t terribly sure what all of it meant. All she really gathered was that there were to be multiple quests going out, and they had to do something to help the gods. Vaguely, she wondered if her mother was one of those in trouble, not that she’d ever met the goddess of rainbows.

“Rainbow’s aid…”

Star’s eyes widened as she stared up at the twins, and then down at her own hands as she started glowing violet. She was chosen for a quest? But why? Quests involved fighting and monsters, and Star hated all that. She was just the pegasus girl. Now she was expected to go to the Underworld? It was enough to start up another panic in her chest.

When the prophecy was done, Star glanced up fearfully at Brandon. He was also glowing, and so was Nia. They were all chosen to go on quests. Unlike her, they both seemed to be taking all this in stride, and Star’s head whipped back and forth between them as they set to look for the rest of their groups. Her mouth opened as if to say something, but no sound came out. Something was clogging her throat, inhibiting her vocal cords. Fear.

The last person she’d seen off on a quest hadn’t come back. And now there were four of them.

With shaky steps, Star directed her attention to the two campers with similar violet glows to hers that she could see. E…something. Not Eleanor… Elijah! And Felicity, of course. But as she got closer, she realized that Felicity was unconscious, exhausted from her work putting on the distraction. Though Star could see that Adrian had it well in hand, she’d seen too many injured people today. “Oh, gods, is she okay?” She rushed over and gently placed her hand on Felicity’s forehead. No fever… at least, she thought so. It wasn’t like she was an expert. But geez, what a way to start a quest. At least two groups had pre-injured members. What was the Oracle thinking?

Her attention diverted, realizing she was in the middle of… well, she couldn’t describe it exactly. But she’d definitely interrupted something. The three around her she’d seen spending time together before, but they all wore dark clothing and seemed to prefer the nighttime. Star was their polar opposite, a child of rainbows, the most colorful thing in the sky. Awkward.

“So, um.” She looked to Elijah, who was the son of Hades and therefore had a little more stake in this quest than she did. “I hope I’m not the only one who’s completely unsure what we’re supposed to do, am I?”

At least she knew when she didn’t know something.

♡coded by uxie♡

Willow

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Lucy Spraggan

Lucky Stars

“Whataya mean… of course I’m… having fun…” Willow had the immense urge to put her hand to her forehead. Suddenly, her brain felt like cotton, and there was a weird heaviness in her mouth. If this was what being drunk felt like, she was never trying alcohol. Just as she tried to tend to the weird non-headache, she realized she’d lost control of her arms. They hung limply at her sides helplessly. Darn.

Caleb made to steer her away, and she giggled. “Wheeee.” She would have lifted her arms as if she was on a roller coaster ride had it not been for the aforementioned loss of faculties. Then they stopped again, and she started to look up to ask why he’d stopped the fun ride.

Even intoxicated, Willow could tell something was going down on the stage. Her vision came into focus and drifted out of it as something was… sung? Recited? The words filling the air slowly became more and more decipherable as the effects of Fee’s charmspeak finally, finally started to weaken. She squinted as a sudden glow filled her vision, and then her eyes widened again as she realized the glow was coming from her. What the hell?

Her attention shifted back to the stage, and she realized that the words being thrown around were a prophecy. A prophecy that called for multiple quests. Not only that, but she was expected to go on one of them. An immense sobering filled her body at the thought. How was she expected to help out on a quest when she could barely stay awake? Sure, she knew how to fight, but barely. She spent most of her days sleeping, for gods’ sake!

Willow frowned and stared the ground, worrying about how she was supposed to survive and not get her teammates killed. Then she was snapped out of her fog by Caleb muttering in her ear. She yelped, nearly falling to the ground, were it not for the fact that he had a tight hold on her shoulders. Peering up at him, she realized he was glowing the same color she was. Thank the gods. At least someone would be able to wake her up if she fell asleep standing up.

“I should have listened to you, but I think this would have happened anyway.” Normally, she didn’t like inflating his ego by telling him he was right, but in this case, she very much wished she was still in bed. Plus, the headache.

Rubbing her temple, she groaned. “Did you really call them Sparky and the Witch? What is this, a high school rock band?” Laughter was not coming easily to her at the moment, though it probably wasn’t hard to tell why. Dangerous quest, yada yada, prophecy, fate of the world on their shoulders, no pressure.

With a sigh, Willow maneuvered away from his grasp and took his hand. “C’mon, let’s go see what else we can learn. I need a nap again.” A regular line from her, but it was especially true today, after everything that had just happened to her. Did charmspeak cause a hangover? That would be a great way to start a quest.

The moment she went to take the first step, however, her legs nearly fell out from under her. “Oof.” Right, being intoxicated didn’t make the body work well. Glancing up sheepishly at Caleb, she said, “I don’t suppose you’d mind carrying me, would you?”

At least she wasn’t still intoxicated when she asked. How embarrassing would that be? She’d never live it down.

♡coded by uxie♡

Noah

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Hollywood Ending

You

For a few blissful moments, Noah was having the time of his life. Marissa almost immediately joined him in the Cupid Shuffle, and he laughed. “Hey, you’re not doing too bad for your first rodeo! Maybe soon you’ll be the master,” he said, whatever remaining blush on his face warming happily.

Then the music cut off, and he very nearly bumped into Marissa as he turned to see what was going on. His mouth fell open as the Roman twins climbed onto the stage and got everyone’s attention. Shit. This was what Fee and Damon were waiting for, wasn’t it? He caught Marissa looking up at him, but he could only stare back. If only he knew what was going on and could reassure her, but he had no clue what was going on.

As soon as the twins started relaying the prophecy, Noah’s jaw tightened. Four keys? It seemed like there were multiple quests needed and—why the hell was he glowing?

Briefly, Noah had a flashback to the day he’d been claimed by his father, the camp director himself. He was glowing purple, which was fitting, considering his dad. Looking around, he noticed the sons of Zeus and Hades were also glowing, as well as the Artemis girl. Shit. Did that mean he was supposed to lead one of these quests?

Bile rose in his throat as he waited for some clarification. Of course, his supposed quest was the last to be revealed, and while he was quite sure about the competence of his team—which included the last son of the Big Three, of all campers—he was completely unprepared to lead them all. Why would the gods rely on him so much? Yeah, Mr. D was his father, but that didn’t necessarily qualify him to go on this quest to free him. Dammit.

His only relief was that it seemed like Marissa wasn’t going on any of the quests. At least he wouldn’t be distracted worrying about her. Her hand brushed his, finally holding it, and he gripped her hand tightly in return, trying in vain to seek comfort from the contact. Gods, what horrible timing this was. He would never be able to tell her how he felt now, especially if he died on this quest.

“I don’t know,” he answered truthfully. “Would it be okay—can you stay here for a second? I don’t know what the other three are expecting, but… I’m going to disappoint them. Majorly.” Noah squeezed her hand, just in case she didn’t want to stay with him. That would be fine. He would need to prepare for a time when he wouldn’t be able to look forward to seeing her every day.

He tried to relax as Brandon and Meredith made their way toward him, but he was tense as hell. “I’m not much of a leader, so I’m sorry in advance,” he said, keeping his eyes fixed to the ground so he wouldn’t have to see their faces. “This symbol above my head says we’re going north, though, so at least that’s something.” Letting out a deep breath, he lifted his eyes to Brandon’s. “I’m going to need your help.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Violet

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Jordan St. Cyr

Weary Traveler

Maybe it was the lack of sleep, or maybe it was everything she had dealt with this morning, but Violet was not really up for watching a dance party. As she rubbed her eyes, she was very close to just turning around and going back to room in her cabin. It was quiet there. No best friends disregarding her healer advice.

She had just about convinced herself to try and get some sleep when the Morello twins got up on stage. Violet raised her eyebrows, her eyebrows furrowing as she took in Amber’s expression. Something serious was going on.

As she listened to the prophecy, her healer brain kicked into overdrive. Four quests? The camp rarely sent out more than one, so four was really something. She’d have to gather so many supplies. Violet knew one thing for sure: she wasn’t getting any sleep tonight. Again. Oh boy.

Many of the campers in the quad started glowing, and she was no exception. Unlike most of them, however, her glow was to signify that she would be invaluable to protecting the camp from some sort of army. That was fine, she supposed, since she was a healer rather than a fighter. But something was bothering her, and it wasn’t just the fact that both Victor and Brandon were part of quests and they were still weren’t fully healed. What was it?

Violet looked out over the crowd, seeing that Kyle was also supposed to stay behind in camp. At least there was that. She wouldn’t have to worry about everyone she cared about. Well. She would still worry, since that was her job. But anyway. Who was it the prophecy had mentioned? The son of… music?

With a gasp, Violet took off towards the woods. No no no. If Violet was prone to cursing, she would spouting every expletive she knew. This couldn’t be happening. It should be me instead. Her lungs burned as she put on an extra boost of speed, entering the forest moments later. It didn’t take her long to hear the strains of guitar music. Following it, much more slowly so as to catch her breath, she finally found her half-brother.

Just as she’d feared, he was glowing. Oh, no.

“Jasper,” she nearly sobbed, falling to her knees and wheezing from all the running, and the stress. Tears filled her eyes for the second time in the past thirty minutes, and she buried her face in her hands. “I don’t want you to go. Not you, too. I can’t lose all of you.”

It was so hard. She’d have to send them off with a smile while knowing the odds of success on these quests. Nobody here was the Camp Half-Blood in the time of… oh, whatever his name was. Heck, getting to Camp Half-Blood wasn’t always a guarantee. She’d seen that firsthand. Kevin, what do I do? she wondered, knowing very well he couldn’t hear her. Gods, what was she supposed to do.

Lowering her hands, she tried to breathe deeply and met her brother’s eyes. “Th-There’s a prophecy. Four quests. Y-you’re supposed to go one.” Violet sniffled and wiped her eyes. “I-I would be lying if I said I’m okay with you going, but… I’m so scared, Jasper. Please come back, okay?”

Gods, Violet really needed a hug.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back