The trans cometh...

WHY IS THIS ON THE INTRODUCTIONS PAGE TF IN THE RDTFGVYHBJNKMJNHBGFCDXSTRYTCUYVIUBHINJ

Hello.
That
I'll read that when my eyes aren't tired-

Welcome :)

This is probably better put in the creativity forum, character feedback is where you post a cs for feedback on it (though some just use it to store characters rather than using the private workshop.

I didn't read all of it, it's quite difficult as some of the paragraphs are far too long creating walls of text. I'd also say be wary of dragging out your scenes, such as where they get pizza, that could have been a couple of sentances.

As for the transgender part, there's no issue about it as long as it doesn't become the only thing that defines your character, its a major part sure, but readers are likely more interested in their personality.

tenor.gif

I'm not sure if you're looking for character feedback or feedback on a fanfiction. I'm also not sure if "blog tales" is the same as rping like we do here? You mention scenes and "don't add characters to our scenes without permission" and stuff but I'm not sure I get what you mean. In rp, you come up with a plot (example: aliens kidnapped four teens for experimentation and now the teens must find a way to escape) and others join it with whatever character fits the setting. There aren't really "scenes" here. It seems like instead of that you want people to play as characters in a book you've written which... Is subtlety different? I dunno, it's confusing.

Right away I notice that you use a LOT of ellipses. It's not necessary to use so many. It's not only annoying to read but it makes it seem as though the characters are pausing for dramatic tension every two seconds in their dialogue. Ellipses don't function the same way as a comma or period.

Joanna and some of the other characters don't really speak like real people. I don't know if that is just a quirk of Joanna's character though.

Like someone else mentioned, some scenes go on way longer than is needed. The point can come across in just a few sentences. I think this problem also stems from the characters not speaking like real people. The characters, especially Joanna, seem to go on forever in this sort of melodramatic monologue at times when a real person would just say, "what do you want?"

At the end of the day, I'm just clueless on what feedback you're looking for here or what this crossover thing even is.

Edit: Forgot to mention something else that jumped out at me. You switch from third person past tense to first person here and there at the start of the introduction. You also mentioned something about Joanna building a motorcycle by themselves when they were 6 years old. WHAT? That's not possible. There are other details that don't make sense but I'll pause here for now.

Last edited:
if you personally are not trans, there's a whole culture and community with lingo and things to avoid, I only say this because.... "she's a transgender" is kind of offensive, transgender isn't a noun. Don't want to be *that* guy, but just so you know.

I'm pretty sure the title should be "Transgender boy"...

Just saying. Because "trans man" describes someone who was assigned female as birth and then later transitioned to male.

You know what? You don't like how i do my characters... fine. But don't tell me how i should write it out. I don't go telling you how to do yours. I'm not out hurting anyone. I am just here to have fun. So stop trying to bust my chops. I really don't appreciate it.

You know what? You don't like how i do my characters... fine. But don't tell me how i should write it out. I don't go telling you how to do yours. I'm not out hurting anyone. I am just here to have fun. So stop trying to bust my chops. I really don't appreciate it.
I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come across as.. well, mean. I'm just trying to help you write a more realistic transgender character. You're right, write your character how you want to, it's just a slightly inaccurate depiction of a transgender person is all

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come across as.. well, mean. I'm just trying to help you write a more realistic transgender character. You're right, write your character how you want to, it's just a slightly inaccurate depiction of a transgender person is all

Maybe so. But next time... read it all more thoroughly. You'll see the whole story and will understand.

Maybe so. But next time... read it all more thoroughly. You'll see the whole story and will understand.
Yeah sure, my bad, and I really am sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Its just that I'm transgender so naturally it bothered me that some of the stuff here was inaccurate. I apologise for any offence caused, I really do

You know this is character feedback right? People here were just trying to help you write a believable character and/or improve your writing so people would be more willing to read it. Stop being rude.

this got cringy really quickly rip thread as soon as a mod comes through

????

Hold on, why were you angry at people for respectfully criticising your work, this is the character feedback section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back