• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Tragic Nebecian Empire

temporarybliss

derek hale deserved better
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
coded by natasha.
  • — tragedy of Nebecia

It's been nearly thirty years that Emperor Randolph has ruled over the Nebecia Empire. He was beloved by all, even by the five kingdoms that were part of the empire. Randolph kept peace between them with a treaty that they had all signed and if there were ever any sight of war, he'd squash it immediately.

The Nebecia Empire was a place of harmony and camaraderie, at least it was with Emperor Rudolph at the helm. Now, with his illness continuously getting worse, his wife, Empress Harriet has decided their eldest child must prepare themselves for the throne. Leila is the eldest of six children, at just twenty-six they are learning all they can to take over the Nebecia Empire once their father passes on. Of course, there's bound to be jealousy amongst the royal children, and there has been. Harriet has tried to calm her other children down, but some are just too far gone in their envy.

Eventually, the beloved Emperor does pass away, leaving his wife and children behind. The eldest is now up for the crowning and is to throw a week long party banquet in celebration. However, when Leila turns up dead in her bed the first night of the festival, suspicions rise and everyone turns against one another. Who killed the Empress to be? Why did they do it? Everyone is a suspect and no one is innocent.
    coded by natasha.
    about
    lore
    spots
    rules

Last edited:
How are the roles still open? I absolutely love this idea. I've been wanting to be part of a medievalesque rp for a while now, so count me on board for this one :D

Oooh, I'm intrigued! Are we allowed multiple characters, and can we play as the siblings of the deceased Empress?

Specifically I'm imagining a bastard older brother (depending on the gender politics/inheritance laws of the Empire, there could maybe be some political factions that champion him as the true heir to the throne to add a little political intrigue), who's best known for wasting his cleverness and coin on being a messy party boy and ne'er do well. Beneath the frivolity, however, he functions as a bit of a spy, keeping up on the social/political maneuverings of the court and reporting back to his family members (at least the ones he likes or agrees with!) so as to further their own agendas. (He doesn't necessarily need to be a bastard if it doesn't mesh with your vibes for Emperor Rudolph, he could also just be the oldest son or something?)

Oooh, I'm intrigued! Are we allowed multiple characters, and can we play as the siblings of the deceased Empress?

Specifically I'm imagining a bastard older brother (depending on the gender politics/inheritance laws of the Empire, there could maybe be some political factions that champion him as the true heir to the throne to add a little political intrigue), who's best known for wasting his cleverness and coin on being a messy party boy and ne'er do well. Beneath the frivolity, however, he functions as a bit of a spy, keeping up on the social/political maneuverings of the court and reporting back to his family members (at least the ones he likes or agrees with!) so as to further their own agendas. (He doesn't necessarily need to be a bastard if it doesn't mesh with your vibes for Emperor Rudolph, he could also just be the oldest son or something?)
I forgot to add the children of the Emperor as roles, so yes you can play a brother to the passed away would've been empress! However, this isn't a political roleplay really, so I like your ideas for his character, but the spying stuff wouldn't really make sense considering Emperor Rudolph and his wife assumed this to be an all aorund peaceful empire.

If/When this does get started, I’m definitely thinking of playing a Knight from Audirus and the eldest Princess of Stavaria, if that’s okay!

Nebecias Princess please if it's still open, I don't mind picking up a few other characters later on. I just need to get the gist of everyone's posts first :)

I would like to play for Vinem's eldest prince.

I have an idea for my character. An eldest prince who has ambitions that has no limits; forging Vinem's own empire and he sees the chaotic events in Nebecian Empire as an opportunity. Pragmatic and is loyal to Vinem and its people. He is also needed Vinem to evolve in order to survive, and cleanse out any bigotry within Vinem's political realm so that his vision for Vinem will turn out into a reality. Although that's just a gist for this character's idea!

I would like to play for Vinem's eldest prince.

I have an idea for my character. An eldest prince who has ambitions that has no limits; forging Vinem's own empire and he sees the chaotic events in Nebecian Empire as an opportunity. Pragmatic and is loyal to Vinem and its people. He is also needed Vinem to evolve in order to survive, and cleanse out any bigotry within Vinem's political realm so that his vision for Vinem will turn out into a reality. Although that's just a gist for this character's idea!
Okay! Can you explain in a bit more depth about your character? I'd just rather understand him here than have to wait for the cs only to tell you things need to be changed! What bigotry do you want the kingdom to have? What chaotic events are you thinking are going around the Nebecian Empire?

I’m getting GOT and ATLA vibes, and I’m here for it. Definitely interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back