• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building The Torn Banner: OOC

Basically look at America 1920's, and besides the guided missles, we have all that.
I mean, it might me a good idea to post a tech info section on my cs
Let me get this straight. You have a command economy and a notable portion of your population serving in the armed forces, yet your economy is strong and innovative. Isn't that contradictory?

A command economy is simply inefficient because a government official is often unable to truly ascertain how many, of what kind, and at what price people would be willing to buy for a certain product. The people are often much more efficient at doing that themselves, making a more optimal economic system. Not to mention it provides no real incentive for the majority to work hard, crushing innovation. Even if industrious individuals do try to do something in a better way, they're often punished.

Let me get this straight. You have a command economy and a notable portion of your population serving in the armed forces, yet your economy is strong and innovative. Isn't that contradictory?

A command economy is simply inefficient because a government official is often unable to truly ascertain how many, of what kind, and at what price people would be willing to buy for a certain product. The people are often much more efficient at doing that themselves, making a more optimal economic system. Not to mention it provides no real incentive for the majority to work hard, crushing innovation. Even if industrious individuals do try to do something in a better way, they're often punished.
A notable number of the populace might be military, but that doesn't mean the rest of them are dumb shits. The economy is mostly command yes, but is also watched over by the higher council, who can allow private industry to an extent, as long as it doesn't go against the will of the emperor. Production factories are owned by the government no matter what, and there are a number of government owned farms, but for one to invent something and to get it patened, getting it to the market is actually made easier, because the government can allow said inventor access to a number of factories, so he can produce them with a workforce that gets paid by the government. Once a product is out on the market, the inventor can sell it across Hikann as he or she pleases, as long as they stay within government guidelines. It's also importat to consider the fact, that if the Hikann Empire is wanting to industrialize and be innovative, they can fund certain inventors or groups way before they finish their invention or research, if it shows promise of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back