• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

fin

"all i do is finesse, man."

TITANS
"robin is the future of batman. but there doesn't only have to be a future me, clark."

OVERVIEW

Bruce Wayne is one of the most intelligent men on Earth, and perhaps in the universe. Nobody quite understands how a mortal mind is capable of enduring, and focusing such powerful intellect, but Wayne has somehow managed. In finding various ways to protect the city of Gotham, assembling the Justice League, training his own next-in line heroes who all don, or have donned the moniker of Robin, and even a contingency plan for the entire Justice League. Wayne has developed a new course of action, an idea modeled to protect the future.

The Titans Initiative.

A group of teen heroes, and who better to birth this idea than the hero with the iconic sidekick?

Having followed, and documented on the world's most capable teenage crime-fighters, whether they fight solo, or in a group. Battle on the front lines, or have strong mental capabilities. Not much goes under the radar of the Batman. The Titans Initiative is imagined to be a team of Earth's teenage heroes that show the most potential, hone their skills to work side by side with other heroes at a young age. So if and when the world needs another, more powerful and coordinated Justice League, these heroes will take up the moniker with ease.

PLOT

Hey, my name is Finesse and this is my introduction to a Titans rp I've been contemplating for some time. This rp is inspired by various teenage super hero stories and comics, and more significantly, DC's 2018 Titans television series. I love the idea of the teen titans comics not only focuses on the fighting, and super power aspect of the DC universe, but specifically on the growth, and relationships between a team of teenagers, and young adults. With our roleplay, I hope to find some middle ground between super powers, along with relationship-building, which tends to be tricky but when executed correctly, makes for some amazing roleplay.

This rp takes place in a world without the Teen Titans, Young Justice, Academy of Justice, etc. It will focus on the fact that our characters are the next generation of heroes, and whether you want to take up the moniker of Robin, or create an entirely new sidekick for another hero is all up for grabs!

The premise of the rp is going to be that our teens have, are, or have done something extraordinary to be recognized by the Batman, and Justice League. The members of the Titans don't have to be former sidekicks, but perhaps teen vigilantes, and heroes. Each teen receives some sort of letter, or email, depending on their situation (if a sidekick, then your hero just informs you). Each mail is described the same. It speaks on the fact that the Justice League is aware of their existence, and whether that is a threat or a warning is up to you. It also details your address, and personal information only accessable by the government, and now somehow the Justice League. Lastly, it details an invitation to the Titans base on a small island in East River, New York. Any effort to out the information will result in the league's immediate intervention. Each teen must arrive at Titans Tower with their hero suit adorned (if possible), and a suitcase of clothing for the summer. Depending on the situation, a viable excuse (eg. internship) will be made, and credentials will be legitimately given out by Wayne Tech.

There's nowhere to sign, or agree to the letter's conditions, but the recipients must assume that it's of utmost importance.

GM's Note: Once again, welcome to the Titans rp. Yes, our teens will all be bunking together in Titans Tower for the two months of summer, and anything after that is up in the air! The required age for this rp is 17+ because I hope to go a darker, more serious route with this rp. There will be missions, and team-bonding exercises, and although it sounds a prison, the Titans are free to venture into the city whenever they wish. They just will be living in the Tower for the summer.

TITANS TOWER

Titans Tower is a eight-story glass and steel structure that serves as the headquarters for the Teen Titans. The tower was designed and constructed by Silas Stone, a professor and strong ally of the Justice League, as well as the man who discovered the Mother Box. This father-box technology is what powers, and programs Titans tower and all the technology it has to offer. On the outside, Titans tower is a giant 'T' but isn't seen unless allowed, via a giant hologram that cloaks it from the rest of the world. It isn't listed on any location databases, even in the government due to the Mother Box technology, and it's location is a mystery unless purposefully revealed. If somehow, someway an intruder or stranger were able to locate Titans Tower, the building has various defense mechanisms to put down any potential threats. From electrifying the entire exterior of the compound, honing missiles, laser beams, and various cameras to keep track, it's defenses are on par with that of the Hall of Justice. The only way to safely enter Titans tower would be with the membership key card, and once the tower locates the member, they are safely allowed into the building.

The first floor of Titans Tower is nothing but a foyer, with an elevator that guides the passenger to their locations.

On the second floor of Titans Tower is the training sector, in which dummies, weapons, and mats are set up to spar.

The third floor houses the weight room, with state of the art machinery and exercises, and various exercise programs to be played on flat-screen televisions.

The fourth floor of Titans Tower is the computer lab. With excellent machinery, and gadgets to engineer new technology, or refurnish the old. This is mostly where suits get upgraded, or fixed following their destruction or damage.

The fifth floor of Titans Tower is just a giant Olympic pool, with showers once exiting the elevator, and returning to them. Along with the pool are six hot tubs surrounding the Olympic pool. In a specialized feature, the room is able to mimic the effects of the depths of the ocean, and Atlantis, including water pressure and low oxygenation.

The sixth floor of the tower is the med-bay for Titans to go to when in need of medical care following injuries or sickness. There are A-grade medical equipment and medications set up. Use with caution.

The seventh floor of Titans Tower is the bedroom. Each is able to under-go technological programming to change the appearance of the room via key pads set up by the door knobs. Once a room is claimed by a Titan, the controls are set for that sole Titan, of which include locking and unlocking the doors, dimming the lights, and more. There's a hall that goes straight from exiting the elevator, and on each side of the hall are 6 rooms prepped to be claimed. Cleaning, and caring for the rooms are done by Wayne Tech. robots when the Titans are out of the rooms.

The eighth floor of Titans tower is the living quarters, and is the "-----" of the 'T.' It holds the kitchen area, dining area, along with the living room that houses a 4k flatscreen television, and videogames for the Titans. The seventh, and eighth floors all have large, windowed walls to see out into the world, and provide magnificent view over Manhattan, New York that's directly before them.

Food is flown in by Wayne Tech every several weeks, and the Titans are tasked with taking them into the Tower themselves.

Along with the food, Titans tower boasts an A.I. dubbed Gideon, a gift from S.T.A.R. Labs. Gideon is capable of complex internet inter-face and bypassing, and is able to roam freely throughout the tower's technology. Gideon is programmed with the voice of a female Brit, similar to Apple's Siri. She has access to all of the Tower's commands, access codes, and failsafes.

Lastly, and nonexistent on the blueprint, are the sub-levels of Titans tower. There includes 3 meta-human containment chambers, a briefing room with holographic tablets and tables, and a large command-monitor that rivals even the capabilities of the one in the Bat-Cave. Various vehicles, from army vehicles, to sports cars, are housed in the sub-level garages, and can be driven out into New York via sub-tunnels installed (similar to how Batman drives out of the Batcave).

More things can be added, or fleshed out in future.

RULES

1. All RpN rules apply. Any breaching of this will result in expulsion from the roleplay.

2. Must be 18+!

3. This rp is not first come, first serve, and applications can be subject to editing and modification if things need to be toned down.

4. This is a a real-world take on the Titans, and so all face claims are to be realistic, as in real people. Descriptions are allowed, though an image definitely helps picture your character. Character ages are 17-24, though justified exceptions are welcome.

5. This is a super-hero roleplay, but that tends to go to people's head who want to make OP characters without flaws. That's just not realistic. No mary or gary sue's. Try and add some legitimate weaknesses, and limitations to encourage character growth. Spend more time to flesh out personalities>powers.

6. Knowledge on the DC universe is needed to join this rp. You don't need to be a comic book super-nerd, but things like being aware of who's in the Justice League, popular locations like Metropolis and Gotham City, and how the popular races work are important. If you're willing to learn, you're also welcome. But I won't sugar coat it and say if you don't know DC, you'll understand everything.

7. Try to be active, please! If something comes up in real life, let people know so we can come to an understanding, but disappearing will not be taken lightly. I expect 2-4 replies per week. Don't hold back whoever you're rping with's fun by just ditching them mid-rp.

On that note, I'll be having a Discord for this as well, and hope that you all try and be active on that as well when it's up and running.

8. Literacy. In writing, quality>quantity, but I still do expect multi-paragraph replies. 2 minimum. I know things can slow down, but I expect consistent replies with something for a partner to go off of.

9. If your character is the direct side-kick of a hero, you will be allowed to rp as said hero unless there's some sort of plot that requires them to do otherwise.

10. The Justice League, and other DC teams are able to be included in your character's history within reason. Don't make your kid friends with everybody. Relationships will also be plotted, and so not every Titan needs to be a stranger when they meet another at Titans Tower to start the rp.

LINKS

code by yousmelldead

Last edited:
Ah ok, Ive seen some people prep it all ahead of time but that makes sense. I do have a few ideas for characters depending on if we need to use Cannon ones or OC's. Also how long the adult heroes have been operating in this/how long Justice league has been a thing.

For example OC wise i did have a kid of a Child and Former Villian (based of a pairing from the ending of the JL Unlimited Cartoon) FlashxGiganta (yeah a bit weird), A Poison Ivy seedling of sorts or something else based off another franchise (Gwenpool esc)
Cannon Wise, Crush is one ive used before but am open to see what's needed

The Links at the bottom dont appear to be functioning.
I just think that's because it isn't off the ground yet.
Oooo, I'm interested
Ah ok, Ive seen some people prep it all ahead of time but that makes sense. I do have a few ideas for characters depending on if we need to use Cannon ones or OC's. Also how long the adult heroes have been operating in this/how long Justice league has been a thing.

For example OC wise i did have a kid of a Child and Former Villian (based of a pairing from the ending of the JL Unlimited Cartoon) FlashxGiganta (yeah a bit weird), A Poison Ivy seedling of sorts or something else based off another franchise (Gwenpool esc)
Cannon Wise, Crush is one ive used before but am open to see what's needed
Hope you're all interested!

As for the links section, like Crenando Crenando said it's just because I wanted to get some interest in this first before actually posting them. But so far this is pretty good encouragement!

PlusUltra PlusUltra I'd like to go with heroes and villains having been present 10 years or so, with modifications or alterations present whenever needed. Sidekicks, and teen heroes wouldn't be the norm, asides from Robin since that character inspires Bruce Wayne's idea to form the team. Characters like Kid Flash, Aqualad, etc. wouldn't exist, nor does Aqualad.

For those pairings, I think that the Flash x Giganta one would need to be put on hold. Sticking to the JL's originals pairings, with Flash and Iris West-Allen. The seedling idea would be neat though.

I should've actually mentioned that, but if you do want to pick up someone canon, you can do it with the same sheet. Just wouldn't necessarily have the same relations as in the comics.

Does that all make sense?

Think of it all as DC Rebirth, DCAMU or DC New 52 did. Creating or modifying the universe for new stories.

This one would just be live-action.

Mostly yeah, So it would come down to Crush, Seedling or Panel (May alter names if i think of better ones for the last 2, and depending what we end up with would be which i used.)

Would something like Project Cadmus still be around? (Without the Superman clone)
Mostly yeah, So it would come down to Crush, Seedling or Panel (May alter names if i think of better ones for the last 2, and depending what we end up with would be which i used.)
FireMaiden FireMaiden Yes, it'd exist, with currently no clone, but if you come up with one... Haha.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Sorry for the confusion, but glad you understand. I know of Crush, and the other two sound like ideas that could work. All up to you!

FireMaiden FireMaiden Yes, it'd exist, with currently no clone, but if you come up with one... Haha.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Sorry for the confusion, but glad you understand. I know of Crush, and the other two sound like ideas that could work. All up to you!
Oh no, no clone lol
Just more along the lines of typical child experimentation. Probably gonna make up a little sub-branch or something
Or maybe a precursor to the cloning

Oh no, no clone lol
Just more along the lines of typical child experimentation. Probably gonna make up a little sub-branch or something
Or maybe a precursor to the cloning
For sure! I plan on having the character sheets up today, but take your time in fleshing out your details.

I look forward to it! (I may or may not be taking just a bit of inspiration from Marvel for her superpower...but that's pretty standard isn't it?)

Yeah ill likely be able to post a sheet sometime tomorrow Afternoon, though ill jump on the Discord when that gets set up

I look forward to it! (I may or may not be taking just a bit of inspiration from Marvel for her superpower...but that's pretty standard isn't it?)
Yeah ill likely be able to post a sheet sometime tomorrow Afternoon, though ill jump on the Discord when that gets set up
It's all good, inspiration can come from anywhere FireMaiden FireMaiden .

Also, I don't know how you did it PlusUltra PlusUltra but I was just about to post the Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back