• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Alice started to head towards Al as well but she stopped when she saw Ezro froze in place and seemed to be in shock staring at something. Alice looked in the same direction.

“Haec....... why.....? How?”

"Haec?....!" Alice's eyes widen realizing who it was Alice looked over to Ezro, who had now fallen to his knees. She watched as the two talked and it became clear that this guy had obviously had his memories altered.

“And now you’ve ruined my chance at revenge, and weaseled your way out of trouble once more. But now, now will be different. Now you will be punished for your crimes, and I will be there to see it. And first, I’m going to start your punishment by killing every last one of these bastards that dared to follow you. Soldiers! Raise your weapons!”

Alice's watched as she and the rest of the crew were being aimed at ready for the order to shoot.

“No! Don’t do this Haec, I beg of you! I’ll go with you. If you let them all go..... I’ll go with you without a fight.”

Alice's eyes widen. "What? No! Ezro!" She started to run to him but she felt soldier grab her and pull her arms behind her. "Hey let go!" Alice yelled as she struggled to get loose.
Siren77 Siren77 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Bard Bard Bard Bard GolemGuy GolemGuy

The snake grinned widely as Ezro submitted to his will, even more so when Alice ran towards him only to get caught by a guard.

“Bah, isn’t it pitiful how you love these criminals more than you love your own blood? Well at this point I dare say that is our only relation, this blood may be shared between us but our familial relationship is all too dead to me.”

Ezro struggled one last time to try and run to Alice, only to be stopped dead in his tracks once more.

“You know what? You’re right! If this is the monster you choose to be, and this is how you choose to falsely remember the past, then my brother Haec is truly dead! This isn’t you! Look at Alice for fucks sakes! She’s living proof that you once had dignity and a strong moral code!”

As Haec stared at the fair woman before him, his eyes glistened for a moment before he cringed and turned away.

“I see nothing more than another criminal, who wasted their life with the likes of you. The past that is truth is the one that I know, and you cannot convince me otherwise.”

Haec strode on the dirt ground in his bare feet toward his brother, stealing a pair of cuffs all the while, and restrained him. Just then, The Titan arrived and touched down to the earth nearby, followed by the ramp and entrance opening up. As Ezro was held strongly by his old friend, he turned his eyes back to Alice.

“I’m sorry Alice. I’m sorry I couldn’t keep you and everyone safe. But altleast this way the rest of you can make it out of this alive. You’re the captain now, Alice. Lead them all, and lead them better than I did..... I’m so sorry, to all of you. Now please, go. Go and don’t turn back.... please.”
animegirl20 animegirl20 Bard Bard Bard Bard AnonyMouse AnonyMouse GolemGuy GolemGuy

"We have to go," Sil said as the soldiers surrounded them. The Titan had landed. The skies above were filled with ITF carriers. They took Al, she thought. The image of him being hauled into a carrier lingered in her mind. It could have been any of them. It could have been all of them. It had to be Ezro.

She didn't know anything about his brother, how he died, why he was turned into... this. And, frankly, Sil didn't give a shit. An enemy is an enemy. If not for all of the soldiers surrounding them, she would have gutted this asshole and strung him up by his entrails.

Sil, tapped her communicator: "Everyone return to the ship. Corr. Kal. Go. I'll get Alice... one way or another." She took a deep breath as her grip on her knife tightened. "I'm not losing two captains in one day. Silmaris, out." She returned the communicator to her pocket.

"Alice," Sil said again as she went to her first mat- umm, captain's side. "Alice, we have to leave, now." She grabbed Alice's hand and began to drag her toward the Titan. "He's not our captain anymore. You are. Memorialize him, mourn him, avenge him, but don't you dare die with him." And then she muttered under her breath. "Only reason i haven't knocked you out and dragged your unconscious body to the ship is because we don't have a first mate yet and the chain of command would go to shit." Yeah, sentimentality wasn't really her strong suit.

Siren77 Siren77 animegirl20 animegirl20 GolemGuy GolemGuy

One week later....

Viribius - Capital City Kiola - 07:00

For centuries the ITF have been preaching their campaign for a so called “War on Terrorism.” Their efforts have continually been aimed toward giving freedom to the people of their system Xevious. Countless planets were liberated in the name of freedom, with the previous forms of government and leadership being overthrown and replaced with those that aligned with the Forces will. Many more were cultivated and introduced to modern technology and behaviors, thus advancing many societies far beyond their years. Terrorists and Extremists that rejected their beneficial ways were hunted down and destroyed to preserve the peace.

As time went on, they industrialized the system, finding wealth in the vast amount of resources to be found amongst the hundreds of thousands of planets within the systems reach. While conserving the life found on the planets was a must, they found the perfect system to harvest their necessary resources without harming any ecosystems or societies. In this process, professions and jobs were created that allowed for the people within Xevious to prosper while at the same time benefiting the system as a whole. In this situation and for the days that would come after, everyone won. That is, as with anything good, until those with evil intent came into the picture.

Pirates, a plague upon this great system. Rogues from every corner of the galaxies, joined together under one ship for the pure intent of stealing wealth and valuable resources and weapons from those who they rightfully belong to. Hundreds upon millions of vessels were commandeered, pillaged, and inevitably destroyed. These bastards of this great system have run rampant and done far more damage than their own miserable lives are worth. So, the ITF forces took it upon themselves to snuff out this plague and remove their numbers entirely from the face of the stars. Many were executed in combat, others were captured and put to death formally, but others managed to slip through the cracks and escape the ITF for far too long.

What’s worse, is just as a rat infestation will continue to grow so long as there’s a source to breed, so too would Pirates influence others to join their lifestyles and create crews of their own. No one was exempt from this shameful example. Not even members of the ITF itself....

“But that is why we are all here today, my brothers and sisters!” General Hinax spoke as he stood before a massive crowd amassed before a lifted pavilion, almost on display for them all. Their cheers and cries fueled the Supreme Commanders pride, so much so that the grin on his face showed all too well the enjoyment he received from this moment. “While our most recent campaign against the criminals of this system has begun to slow, there were still many to be hunted and brought to justice! And today, we have one of those who have plagued us the most! Truly a forgotten soul by both the people, and whatever God watches over us! A murderer, who slaughtered his own blood first in his turn against the organization he once served. Thousands if not millions have fallen due to his reckless actions, and many more would have followed had we not captured him on the rocky shores of Bhalaja!”

Hinax whipped his arm outwards and pointed toward a disheveled looking man hunched over and tied to a tall pole bearing the ITF and Xevious System flags are the top, with a long and untamed mass of red hair, and tattered clothing remaining on his sunken and starved frame that exposed a multitude of bruising and cuts.

“Ezro Strider, a name you have all learned to hate just as I do, is finally home. He once wandered the streets of this great city as a child, misguided and cruel. Not just him of course, but his brother too. Both of them I took pity on and brought them into the midst of this Interstellar Organization. One to become a hero whose name you praise even now, and another to become an even greater if a monster than anyone could’ve predicted. But now I hope to make it up to each and every one of you for the horrors that I unintentionally wrought upon you all. For today, he shall finally witness judgement for every crime he has committed! His face will not be hidden, so the entire system can see this terrorist finally sent to hell!”

Ezro stirred, as if awaking, slowly moving his head and around and feeling out his joints. His head lifted, peering at Hinax through the hair clouding his vision. Groaning in pain, his voice strained for a moment before speaking in a whisper.

“No..... that’s not true.... I’m not...... my name-“

“Silence!” A voice growled from across the pavilion. A tall figure was seen marching up the steps, dressed in a standard ITF uniform similar to the one Ezro usually wore. Except this one was updated to the new standard that soldiers had recently been issued. It was a tad more flash, but the fabric was far more durable than before and it was equipped with light plating to provide protection at all times. They carried a larger rifle, which any military personnel would identify as a Tri Function MGW Z, the newest model of the already rare weapon series. Ezro carefully eyes both the man, and the weapon he carried, his crimson eyes dimming with fear. As the man came closer, the pirates hazy vision came to recognize his face.

“Ah! And the hero returns!” Hinax mused, “Another of the consequences for my own foolish actions so long ago has come undone. People of Xevious, Haec Strider lives again!”
Once more the crowd jeered and cried up a storm as the white haired sibling of Ezro continued walking forward with a rather irritated look. The bright blue hues he harbored glanced from left to right, eyeing the crowd as he paced.

“You...? Wait, hang on.” Ezro postured up on his knees to get a better look at Haec, who now stood a couple paces away. “Aren’t you supposed to be dead?”

Haec grunted and lashed out with his left leg, driving the front of his boot into Ezro’s unprotected stomach. The bewildered pirate felt his organs churn and squish around in his gut, gasping in pain followed by a string of pitiful coughing. Hunched over toward the ground, Ezro sat for a moment until he caught sight of himself in the reflection off of the glossy floor. A mess of red hair against the dark sky above, and a pair of eyes he didn’t seem to recognize anymore.

“What the fuck..? Hang on a moment.” Ezro snapped up to see Haec turning away and moving toward the Supreme Commander. “Hinax! You dirty bastard what have you done to me?!”

Hinax ignored Ezro’s squabbling and faced the crowd once again. “Dearest people, has it not been proven that one reaps what they sow in this life? That no matter how you try to run from your actions, the consequences will always find you?!” More cheering. “Yes! And once more another example will be shown to this entire system! Ezro Strider will serve as a warning to all other pirates that remain in our glorious system! Those who previously followed him will soon die after him, starting with those we captured along his side that fateful day! Let it be known that mercy is gone for terrorists and extremists! The ITF will find you, and when we do,” Haec walked an exact thirty paces from the post and Hinax before turning about and taking a knee, posturing up his weapon and fixing it to Ezro’s skull. “YOU. WILL. DIE!!!”

Ezro’s eyes widened as the barrel of the large weapon was pointed his way, causing him to strain against the restrains despite the pain it brought him. Shortly thereafter he already began to feel himself giving up, as he lacked the strength to fight any longer. Desperation soon gripped his soul.

“Wait! This isn’t right, you people don’t know what’s going on!” Haec charged the weapon, causing Ezro to panic even more. “My name is not Ezro Strider! I never committed these crimes! I’m a simple smuggler, nothing more!”

“Listen to his cowardly cries! Even now he tries to run!” Hinax grinned madly as he stared through to Ezro’s soul. The pirates heart was racing madly while Haec took his sweet time prepping his weapon for a single shot. “There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, no place for fools to live in this system! All will conform to the peace the ITF bestows! Or,” Haec zeroed in, “They will suffer.”

One shot. One single burst of plasma, erupted from the barrel of Haec’s weapon and raced into and through the skull of Ezro. In that moment, hundreds upon thousands of cameras honed in, getting every gruesome detail of the scene. In that moment, billions of life forms looks on, as Ezro Strider perished.
.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.

SIX MONTHS LATER....

After Captain Strider was to perish before the very eyes of his beloved crew, everything seemed to come to a crashing halt. The missions stopped coming in, adventures were not to be had save for at the various refueling stations and planets they all would stop at during resupply trips. Occasionally the idea for a new mission to get the blood flowing was brought up, but no ones hearts seemed to be in it. Especially considering the casualties the crew had already taken from the mission to Bhalaja. Ezro was captured and executed, Al was returned and enslaved on Bhalaja, Corr had been killed during the final struggle against the ITF forces as had Everette. Their whole team was almost gone.

Some new recruits came and went, but with the lack of purpose and excitement on the ship they didn’t stay for long. The crew itself was on a standstill. Now, no one pointed fingers or complained about this, especially not against the new captain. Captain Alice was doing all she could to keep The Titan up and running, but like everyone else, the emotionally stagnation after that finally mission made things difficult.

Yet another cold morning is coming and passing. New people have stepped up to replace those lost, and the yearning for actions is building.... So what now?

animegirl20 animegirl20 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Jagson Jagson GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard

Alice watched every gruesome detail of the scene watching wide-eyed. She didn't respond to it at first. She just stared at the screen as the other crewmates who were also watching started talking to one another. What exactly they were saying she didn't know she couldn't hear anything or pay attention to anything. Her mind was running and she couldn't help but find something strange about the whole thing. But Alice couldn't think straight enough to entertain the thought. She thought she felt someone next to her speaking but she wasn't sure who it was but she felt a hand on her shoulder and say Ezro's name. Suddenly Alice snapped back into reality and felt her legs give out beneath her and fell to the floor on all fours and burst into tears. "EZRO!"

The first week of Ezro's death Alice tried to run the ship. She was Captain now but her head clearly wasn't in it and she very spaced out more than usual. Finally, she stopped coming out of her room. Hardly eating her siblings tried getting in contact with her multiple times but she never answered. She didn't want to talk about Ezro's death. Plus she was afraid to speak to them. The ITF had taken two important people from her. She didn't want anything happening to them because they were associating with pirates. That would have killed her. After a month went by Alice suddenly seem to be coming out of her depression. She had finally left her room and headed into Ezro's. She hadn't stepped foot in there since he died. As she looked around the room she saw one of his jackets laying on the bed. She slowly picked it up and hugged it and looked around the room with eyes watery. She knew she could stay like this. She had to snap out of it. "Jeez, I'm a pathetic excuse for a Captain. I wasn't even that good of a first mate. My fighting skills are nothing compared to everyone else." She smiled sadly to herself. "I know I got to move on but....sometimes I feel like your not really gone." That strange thought came into her head again the same thought she had when she saw him die. She shook her head thinking it was just delusional thinking. Finally, with the jacket still in her arms, she left Ezro's room and headed back into hers. She sat his jacket on a chair and went into the bathroom and got a good look at herself. Boy did she look a mess and she also noticed her hair had grown some. As she looked at herself in the mirror she suddenly became determined. It was time for her to clean herself up, in fact, it was time for a new look with a new attitude. Not only that but she was going to improve on her sword-fighting skills. To point that no one would be ever to tough her. If she was going to be captain she had to fight like one right?" Alice cleaned herself up and cut her hair shorter then it was originally though she didn't bother to cut her bangs. After she cleaned up she left her room and headed to the cafeteria and the crew were quite surprised to see her. Whether they were happy or not they had to admit she looked better.
5cf0fb9541483329189a2bac0d697be0.jpg
Alice started training. She determined to better herself. Any enemy, mostly the ITF, that crossed her path would regret it. She trained herself for hours day and night and of course, took care of captain things but her mind was focused on bettering herself. People were careful to not mention Ezro around her. Afraid it would return her back into her depression but luckily it didn't seem like Alice was going to be brought back to that as easy as they thought. Alice had been training herself to fight blindfolded. She wanted to try heightening her senses. Soon enough Alice could almost take anyone down easily. She had become a ruthless fighter and was never a hesitation with her moves. Alice's personality had returned to normal but there was something definitely different about it. Even when fighting some of the crew members were afraid to train with her cause of how threatening she could be. Sil seems to have no problem with it though.
fe591a7941364115c6b3e8926c5fbbff--neir-automata-wallpaper-nier-automata.jpg
During this time while she was training she decided to stop by the planet her siblings were on and see them in person one last time. She didn't want them to get hurt because their sister was a pirate and told them she wouldn't see them for a long time. She left at night after spending the day with them. While heading to the ship she stopped to look up at the stars and it took her few mins to realize she had been crying. She closed her eyes and sighed one last good cry cause after that there wouldn't be any more tears in those eyes.
fba358df39e536bc24f95dbebf32361d.jpg
The crew hadn't really done a whole lot of missions and the ones they did do were small ones. The reason why was because it was thought it would be best to stay out hidden and not bring to much attention to themselves. Alice wanted to build a strong crew and train them to their peak she wanted to make a crew who was to be feared she wanted people to think twice when they heard their name and she wanted them to think twice when they saw her.
C3TZR1g81UNcexr7CN6oLFxdYPTk9EAY9hdGJZM5wxLb8Jbjf8UczwEQ5p42jCYibpuhFShDVymLubMnaVHgACza9hTnco...jpg
Present Time​
Alice had just come out of the shower and threw on a bathrobe and relaxed on her bed as she looked at her datapod. It had been a while since she had cleaned out her datapod and she was sure she had old messages she needed to delete. As she was doing that she noticed old unread messages from 6 months ago from her siblings. She opened them expecting it to be messages of them trying to console her though to her surprise it wasn't. They had sent her a link to Ezro's execution telling her to watch it that they thought something was off about it. Yeah right like she really needed to see that again. Though this hadn't been the first time she thought this. reluctantly she watched it. "Wait....." Way Ezro was acting the words that were coming out of his mouth. It was strange.....Ezro wouldn't act or go down like that...... She avoided seeing the end of the video where he got shot and focused on the other parts. She had actually noticed these things in the beginning but at the time she couldn't think straight and she really believed that it was him.....She shook her head and sat the datapod down. It was just wishful thinking there was no way he was alive right?
(open for conversation)
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Jagson Jagson GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard Siren77 Siren77

Gouki paced the halls of The Titan rather lazily, his eyes glancing from side to side as he looked upon the rows of identical doors that bore no distinct marks or identities save for the numbers overhead and the nameplates attached off to the side on the wall. As per the recent usual, it had been a slow morning. No important places to be or missions to carry out, just the simple day to day actions of the crew rising and bustling about taking care of their own jobs.

The Celarian normally would’ve opted to go to the gym and complete one of the workouts he’d seen Ezro do in the past. But he lacked the motivation today. It seemed that was a major thing a lot of the crew seemed to be missing nowadays, was motivation and drive. He couldn’t blame them though, with nothing to do what was there to push them forward. Granted, the ship itself had plenty of tasks to take care of daily, but those could easily be done later on. Gouki himself was procrastinating an array of requests put on him for weapons upgrades, cleanings, and maintenance. One would figure he’d be keen to take care of it, given it was his sole purpose in this ship anymore, but for the first time in his life tinkering with weapons didn’t seem like fun.

Things were definitely ass backwards now.

But it couldn’t be helped. There was a lot of development to be had with everyone during this adjustment period before they could begin functioning like they used to. The Captain especially had gone through a lot of changes in the past few months. She was certainly more assertive and commanding, which was.... intimidating to say the least. Such a 180 from her normally passive presence was much needed though, as without a strong leader, the crew would fall apart faster than a weapon without bolts. That is to say, really quickly.

Gouki too had been focusing on physical advancements, lifting and running constantly and consistently to grow in strength and speed. But it would be a long time before he’d ever be on the same level Ezro once was on. How did he match against the new Captain though?

The thought made the Celarian stop in his tracks and look about once more. Conveniently he was right outside both Ezro’s old room (which was still kept as though the man was still there) and the Captains room. Alice hadn’t come out yet, maybe there was still time to catch her before she got focused on anything else.

Stepping forward to the door, Gouki knocked a couple times before taking a step backwards.

“Hey, Alice? I’m, uh, really bored. Any chance you’d like to go down and train a little before breakfast?”

.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.
animegirl20 animegirl20

Kal

Ezro was dead, she’d watched his execution with her own eyes. Corr was dead, his life and blood left to stain the crags of Bhalaja along with Everette. Kal Rezd did not mourn them, she did not shed tears; they were dead, and that was that. Alice was captain and Sil was first mate while Kal remained quartermaster. The Titan would live on, as would the crew. In spite of the tragedy, in the scheme of things, nothing would change.

Except… things were different. For all of her steadfast pragmatism, Kal missed Al in ways she never expected. Unlike Ezro, Corr and Eve, Al was still alive, she was certain of that. Research and contacts confirmed her suspicions that he had been re-enslaved on Bhalaja. The crew had to rescue him--She had to rescue him.

So… what now? The same thing as ever; plan his rescue. She’d studied maps of the Bhalajan facilities he was stationed at, she’d studied the ITF defenses--she’d even studied the planet’s weather system--all to pinpoint weaknesses they could exploit to break him out. Kal had a dozen plans, likely more. They were all possible and likely to succeed, yet Captain Alice judged each one too risky or costly to enact. She couldn’t blame the Captain; after the loss of Ezro, she was trying her damn hardest to prevent any more losses. Nonetheless, Alejandras would be rescued, with or without the Titan.

...With, she hoped.

Yelsis

“...Fuck.” Yelsis Fosk peeled open her eyes, and rubbed her head--it felt as if a starship had struck her!

The first thing Yelsis noticed was that she wasn’t in her bed, nor anyone elses. Hard, cold metal kissed her face, the worn, rusting surface harsh against her smooth scales. She pushed herself up, almost stumbling back over, frantically waving her lazy tail to stabilize herself.

The engineering bay, that’s where she was. Specifically, her corner of the bay, with a desktop with shortcuts to questionable websites and an unlocked cabinet.

Weird. That cabinet has not one, not two, but three locks on it. How could it be unlocked? Unless…

...Of course, that made sense. She’d drunk herself shitless last night--the almost empty bottle of gin attested to that. She hoped it hadn’t been full yesterday…

Hobbling over to the cabinet, she rubbed the cramp in her neck. She ought to get Kal Rezd Akreen to put a mattress, or at least a blanket, in the engineering bay, given how often she passed out here; her face was almost more acquainted with the bay’s floor than it was her pillow.

Fucking hell, the cramp was nasty. Luckily, Yelsis knew a cure to neck cramps. Most effective, it worked perfectly every time, minus every time. What was this cure? Gin. She knew it was a bad idea, but… fuck it. She poured herself a shot and downed it.

As Alice was sitting there thinking she hadn't noticed that someone was at her door until she heard them speak. "Huh?" Alice got up still in her bathrobe and opened the door to see Gouki. "Oh hey, wanna train huh? Yeah alright, I could use a distraction, let me get dressed." She closed the door and threw on some work out clothes then came back out. She also made sure to grab her blindfold just in case she decided to use it. As they headed to the training room Alice started cracking her knuckles and then glanced over at Gouki. "I'm guessing your not the only feeling restless? Are there others getting bored as well?"
Siren77 Siren77

Kiismarhyn trotted around the ship, becoming familiar with her surroundings. She studied the formations of the hallways, and certain landmarks. She ran her ungloved hand across the walls, as customary for her when entering a new place, but for sure more than alien for others. Didn't help she didn't fully understand the language. A new foreigner speaking a foreign language didn't exactly come off the best. Was a wonder how she got accepted into the crew. Probably due to her expertise in the medical field. Seems like her years of slaving away to help the desperate have payed off. Kiismarhyn didn't mind this outlook. Everyone is out for something. So happens her background has become useful for once.

She paced around what she assumed to be the living quarters, she didn't understand what seemed to her to be hieroglyphical writing. Many of the rooms were vacant, despite the early hours. Her designated quarters were reasonably small, but it didn't matter. The ceiling was riddled with intricate piping and wiring, a portion of which sectioned off a corner of the room, where she kept most of her belongings. Her bed was perpendicular to this section, many papers scattered across the surface, and sheets gone astray.

She eventually came across the Weapons Technician and the Captain. They seemed to be chatting, however she scarce understood what they were saying. She decided it impolite to not introduce herself to her new Yūhte. She approached with an uncommon silence, and began to speak, not taking account of speaking order. "Zui! Ēi Kiismarhyn k—" She caught herself mid sentence, and quickly referred to her previous knowledge and pamphlet. After a quick and brief moment, she spoke again. "Hello! I am named Kiismarhyn." Her usual respirator had been removed, and underneath was a small and proper mouth, with nigh pearly white teeth. She smiled, and held out her hand, a common greeting she had seen.

For the brief moment that Alice’s door was open, Gouki’s wandering eyes briefly caught sight of her data pod resting on her bed. He didn’t see much, but there was the ever recognizable falling red hair of their previous captain. It was enough to give him an idea as to what she was up to, but the only thing left to wonder was why? What use did she see in watching that horrific visage of the Captain being blown straight to hell so many months ago? Was it something morbid? Or perhaps she was simply analyzing the footage, but if so then to what end? So many questions, and so little right to ask for the young teenager. It was none of his business, so he found it best not to pry. Better safe than getting shot out the garbage ejection.

After the short period of Alice getting dressed, Gouki was excited to see she was up for a sparring match this morning. The Captains question drew a laugh from the Celarian.

“Most definitely not. I almost didn’t go to the workout room today, but stopping by your room I got the impression to ask you for a quick match. I figured it’d be beneficial to the both of us. As for the rest of the crew though...” He grinned, “There’s a scary amount of them looking rather fat and bored. Well, those that aren’t still stuck in an emotional rut like the rest of us anyway.”

While Ezro had been seen as a good leader amongst every member of this crew, to say everyone had a personal relationship with him would be a lie. So it made sense that not everyone was as shell shocked over his death.

Just as the two were reaching the end of the hall to enter the lift, Gouki stopped in his tracks at the sound of footsteps behind them. Executing an about face, the Celarian came almost face to face with the Jukoli that he recognized as Kiismarhyn one of the newer recruits. Despite his previous knowledge of her, the woman still introduced herself once more, though it was likely intended for Alice.

“Oh, erm, hello Kii. My names Gouki, you remember me right? I was there when we were transferring you onto the ship.”

Well, this was awkward.
.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.
animegirl20 animegirl20 GolemGuy GolemGuy

“Most definitely not. I almost didn’t go to the workout room today, but stopping by your room I got the impression to ask you for a quick match. I figured it’d be beneficial to the both of us. As for the rest of the crew though...” He grinned, “There’s a scary amount of them looking rather fat and bored. Well, those that aren’t still stuck in an emotional rut like the rest of us anyway.”

"Guess I'll I'm going to have to light some fire under their asses," Alice said laughing......she didn't mean actual fire....right? Well, whatever she meant she was going to make sure the crew members got off their butts. Just as they were about to reach the lift a voice from behind them made them stop in their tracks. Alice turns around to see a woman she did not recognize or understand. Was she speaking another language?

"Hello! I am named Kiismarhyn."

"Kiismarhyn?" Must have been one of the newer ones that got here recently though why she had crewmate who hardly understood the language they spoke she did not know. Whatever her job was she had better be good at it.

“Oh, erm, hello Kii. My names Gouki, you remember me right? I was there when we were transferring you onto the ship.”

Alice glances Gouki then back at Kiismarhyn. She smiled at her, "Nice to meet you, I'm Captain Alice though you probably know that." Why did this feel so awkward....suddenly Alice remembered someone actually did mention Kiismarhyn once to her. "Oh! Wait you're the new field medic right?"
GolemGuy GolemGuy
Siren77 Siren77

Mark looked out at the stars and smiled. Space really was beautiful once you get past the whole frozen vacuum part. He started his routine as usual. He got up took a shower then proceeded to get dressed he would then get his nephew out of bed. He would then help get his nephew out of bed and fed. This really wasn't the best place to raise a kid but it was the best he could do.

After he finished his morning ritual he would then head to the bridge and start his shift at the helm.

He looked out at the star lines as he checked the plotted course. Apparently he just missed the captain. He put the picture of the Flying Aces crew on the helm as he started to focus on the task at hand.

Kiismarhyn took a moment to look at her pamphlet before speaking once more. "I am trying to get to know the crew of The Titan more, and the best option seemed to go to the source of it all, the Captain." She said in a straight forward manner, she had no intention is mislead of seem like she was trying something she was not.

"If you do not mind me asking, what are you doing this..." She checked her pamphlet, one last time. "...morning?"

Molatc
An elderly man was working on a garden. The garden itself spanned nearly fifty yards with flowers and plants nearly as tall as a human.
The man had grey cropped hair and a big bushy mustache. Though he was over eighty he didn't look more than fifty.
He loved this garden. Since he retired from service nearly twenty years prior he had been working on it. "I was wondering when you would show up." He said as he turned his head and saw Charles Stone formerly known as Uncle standing over him.

"Well I was in the neighborhood." Stone said as he lifted a board. "I thought you might want to play a game of chess " The elderly man known by most as Gilad Vitrex stood up feeling his eighty years. "I'll get us some tea. You can set it up at the usual place." He said before walking away. "Just remember I might look old but my brain isn't rusted yet.

Stone got the table ready. It was at a small patio like area overlooking the plants. "I think your garden doubled in size since the last time I saw it." He said as Vitrex walked back out. He placed a plate down. On the plate was their cups of tea.
"Well you should come by more often." Vitrex said. "So what's new." He said as he made the first move.

"Well your finally going to be a great grandfather... From Siri anyway." Uncle said countering the move.
Vitrex laughed. "That's good to hear. Who is the farther?" He said taking uncle's pawn. He saw a slight frown on Stone's face.
"A former Alpha named Wanabu. He's no longer around." Vitrex nodded in understanding.
"So why are you really here." Vitrex said wanting to cut to the chase.

"I need the location of the lost fleet." Uncle said. Vitrex looked at him as everything went silent.

Yelsis rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She sipped her tea, burning her mouth. Gulping it down, she mulled over its taste. With a cuss, she realized she had forgotten the sugar.

In the time it had taken her to make the tea, she had taken the opportunity to straighten her collar and stuff her pockets back in, though she was yet to change her shirt to an unstained one. At least she looked semi presentable as she groggily wandered the corridors.

Yelsis became aware that, at some point in the last few seconds, she'd approached three crewmates. "Ah, mornin' Cap'n, Gouki, an'... hol' up, it'll come to me in a minute." This third one was a new face for sure. Yelsis could not recognise her species either, though she sure was pretty.

"So, whatcha three up to?" She asked, hand on hip, tail curled the other way. She smirked at Alice. Suddenly, she exclaimed, turning to Kiismarhyn: "You're Kiss-marine, right? A Celarian?" She had been certain of it, but now she doubted those facts.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Siren77 Siren77 GolemGuy GolemGuy

Last edited:
Kiismarhyn, as almost on a dime, turned.
"You're Kiss-marine, right? A Celarian?"
"Close. My name is Kiismarhyn. K-i-i-s-m-a-r-h-y-n, and I am a Jukōli. I take it you are Yelsis, the ship's engineer!" Kiismarhyn squatted to meet eye level and stuck out her hand for a shake with a unique enthusiasm. "Pleasure to meet you, I am the new medic of the ship."

Mentions
Bard Bard Bard Bard

"I and Gouki are about to go train," Alice said responding to Kiismarhyn. Just as Alice was about to speak again another person greeted them. "Morning Yelsis. We're about to go train, come Gouki." She turned to leave but stopped. "Oh, by the way, spread the word to the rest of the crew. After breakfast, we're going to have a meeting about how things are going to work around here for now on. Cause apparently they can just slack off well not anymore." And with that, she continued on her way expecting Gouki to follow right behind her.
GolemGuy GolemGuy
Siren77 Siren77
Bard Bard Bard Bard

Yel
“Ahh, I was close!” Yelsis beamed, shaking her hand. “I am indeed Yelsis, the ship’s engineer! Pleased to make your acquaintance.” She had stopped really playing attention to Alice, in favour of devoting herself toward this wonderful Jukōli she had discovered. She did hear something about slacking off though, and how the captain was going to bring an end to it. She turned, frills dramatically drooping as she called after the departing captain. “Aww! I hate exercise.”

The frills bounced back up, flush full of colour as she turned back to Kiismarhyn. “I do eat my five a day though, though I may have to replace apples with something else if it keeps the doctor away.” Flirt modules go! Yelsis knew full well she was a master of the art of flirting, just as she knew this Kiismarhyn was both a beautiful and most fascinating person. “You know, I’m something of a doctor too--one of science rather than medicine, but a doctor nonetheless. Please! Follow me! Let’s talk!” She led the way, tail swaying happily behind her.

Kal
Kal Rezd was in the gym. She went to the gym often these days. If she was to rescue Alejandras, she had to be in good form, didn’t she? While she could never be strong, for Delrothi are not, and although the limp in her leg had never fully healed, she couldn’t let that get in her way.

Marksmanship.

Marksmanship was an area her race and injuries couldn’t inhibit her in. Acrobatics was another area of talent, her light form and natural Delrothi instincts providing her with exceptional agility, even if she couldn’t run without a limp.

The Delrothi perched upon the basketball hoop, sniper rifle in claws. She let out a burst of shots at a target across the room. She slung the rifle back over her shoulder and hopped down, launching herself into a run before being forced down to a more modest speed by her leg.

Kal let her hand glide over the targets. Two bullseyes, with one off to the side by an inch. Not bad, but not good enough. More training was needed.

She laughed quietly. A year ago, pragmatism and logic was everything. Now look at her, the dedication she had to rescue her friend. For what? Love? She might have thought that preposterous, if not for Al. Kal knew not if he loved her too, or if he was even alive, but her heart told her the answer to both was “yes.”

She shook her head. No time for these thoughts! First, she had skills to hone.

animegirl20 animegirl20 GolemGuy GolemGuy

Silmaris stood at the end of the hall, with her arms folded, simply watching. That's what she often did. Watched. Like a hawk. Ever since Ezro's death, she felt everyone on this ship was her responsibility. She had to protect them. To protect them, she had to know them. To know them, she had to observe them. Their behaviors. Their diets. Their daily habits. She needed to know what they did, who they did it with, what they ate, and when they excreted it.

For a long time, the ship had no captain. Alice had the title, but Ezro's death hit her hard. Sil stepped up and took charge, but her approach to leadership was... cold, to put it lightly. She wasn't what a crew in mourning needed. She drove them hard, forced them to look forward, instead of dwelling on those they had lost. There was no doubt in Sil's mind that many of those who left did so because of her. However, she also firmly believed that the Titan would have fallen apart entirely had she not been so hard on them in those dire times.

Still, it was nice to see Alice come back. Silmaris knew she wasn't the captain this ship needed. Frankly, she wasn't even sure if Alice was what they needed, either, but it was a change. And change was definitely something they all needed. So, the steely-eyed Tymari slave-driver backed down and let Alice take the reigns.

And look where that has gotten us, Silmaris thought, scowling as she watched Gouki and the captain head off toward the recreation area while Yelsis and the new doctor headed off to do... whatever the hell it is they were about to do. Laziness. Idleness. Listlessness. none of these things should be tolerated. This is fucking pirate ship, not a playground.

She would deal with Alice later, in private, but for now...

Sil marched up to Yelsis and Kiismarhyn and presented herself before them. Straight-backed, chin up, prim and proper as can be, she stared down her nose at them both. "Good morning, " she said, her tone pleasant and civil... which is usually an indication that she has no intention of being either. "i hope everything is well in the engineering sector," she said to the Delrothi. "I expect your daily checklist in my inbox before breakfast, Dr. Neviir. It is imperative that this ship be in top condition at the start of each and every day, Yelsis.... regardless of your sobriety. And you-" her attention abruptly turned to the Jukoli woman. "How are you settling into your new role, doctor?"

animegirl20 animegirl20
Siren77 Siren77
Bard Bard Bard Bard
GolemGuy GolemGuy

Yel
Fuck, it was fish girl. Yelsis had wondered what the ponderous thumps she heard were. As it turned out, they were the footsteps of a giant! Silmaris was actually quiet as can be, but Yelsis could play it up in her head. She peered up at the… Tie-martini? but the ceiling lights blared in her eyes. She took several steps back so she could look the first mate in the eyes.

“Daily checklist? Oh yes, that.” She daintily sipped the tea, trying her hardest to look professional and failing. “Yeah, you’ll have that one your desk before breakfast...whenever that is? That’s ‘bout twenty minutes away, yeah?” She gulped down more of the tea.

Abruptly, she started coughing, dropping the mug. Shite, she’d forgotten to remove the teabag. Yelsis fell onto four limbs, thumping her chest and expelling the item onto the giant’s boot. Craning her head up, she smiled nervously, brushing the teabag aside and pulling out a handkerchief and polishing the shoe of the first mate.

“There… good as new.” She said, straightening up. She looked between the two aliens. There was silence. “Yeah, see ya both at breakfast, yeah?” Nothing. “...‘Ight, see ya!” She turned and scurried off with uncharacteristic haste, disappearing down the end of the hallway in less than ten seconds.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse GolemGuy GolemGuy

Mark watched the star lines as they traveled threw subspace. He triple checked the route they were on to make sure no celistial bodies or worse a black hole was in their way. He leaned back putting his hands behind his head. One thing he liked about not being in command he had less stress to deal with.

He heard the door open and saw little Christopher walk in. The boy looked like he would resemble his farther's face and blonde hair while having his mother's olive skin and brown eyes. "Hey champ whatcha doing?"
"I... I'm so bored many of the crew just ignore me." He whined.
Mark nodded before pulling out a chair. "Want to co pilot?" He asked. The five year olds eyes widened before shaking his head vigorously. He ran and sat his bottom onto the seat. And smiled widley showing the gap in his teeth. He really liked that little shit.
He smiled as he started to teach the kid basic navigation.

Justina Station, Algol System.

A handshake sealed the deal. The human had his slaves, and the Delrothi his credits. With scarcely a word more, Joulaki parted ways with the man, glad to leave his presence.

Justina Station was once a jewel of the ITF. By the gods, it had fallen. Rusted pipes leaked noxious fumes from beneath unsure floor plating, copper-tinted lights flicked above, and a metallic taste lingered in the air. It was hardly a place deserving of a business man of his wealth, and even less so for a being so eloquent as he. Nonetheless, his trade demanded he go to these places.

What was his trade? The orange Delrothi was a slave trader--The Slave Master, as some called him. Personally he’d rather the title “Slave Master Extraordinaire,” but one must be humble. He tugged the vibrant sash he wore; dandelion yellow with a fiery trim. It was large, but so was he in soul. Baggy trousers a pure cream in hue fell around his digitigrade legs like a shroud, a sheath draped over his tail like a veil and a tight fitting scarlet shirt pressed against his torso. Gems and gold adorned his extremities on rings and chains, and black eyeliner gave drew emphasis to his oceanic azure eyes.

Joulaki presumed it to be near enough mid afternoon. For having to endure this sorry station, he figured he deserved a good serving of good food. Perhaps one of the only positives of this place, besides its business, was a diner. The Black Eel, named after a species of eel from a nearby planet. A fine delicacy, the flavour of one was worth twenty-three souls--indeed, precisely the price he had paid on the numerous occasions he had graced himself with its uniquely bitter taste. It was such a shame, thought Joulaki, that it was now extinct along with all other life from that now desolate world. Even without its namesake delicacy, this family business--he loved family businesses--still produced appetising food that almost made Justina not utter shite.

He pulled open the doors. After a few moments, they slowly crept open. Why humans needed such heavy doors he would never know; this was a workout for his diminutive kind! At last he could enter, heaving breaths restricted by his hard leather shirt. The woman at the counter took half a minute to notice him. She peered down through one eye at him.

“Egg salad, uncooked and seasoned for a king.” Said he. “Wine of the Taasilk System, too.” The woman--El-something, he knew--shouted his words towards a door behind her. Someone else shouted an unintelligible, accented reply back.

“Be with you in a few.” She flatly said. She reached under the counter and withdrew a bottle of deep crimson wine, handed it to him with a glass. He took them, turned and made for a booth. Sure, he was alone, but his ass deserved the cushions, even if they were plastic. He set the items down on the table, then jumped onto the settee and shuffled himself into a good place. He took a sip of the wine. It was not the best Taasilk wine he’d ever tasted, but it was satisfactory at least. He shut his eyes and tried to pretend he was in a throne room befitting of him, and not some shithole at the end of the galaxy. He smiled, the fictitious gold warming his scales.

The peace did not last long. Feet shuffled by, then he heard someone sit down opposite him. He crept open an eye, and sighted a bald, round-headed man. Mstislav Ostrowski, an officer of the ITF, though just barely. Joulaki sighed, then opened his other eye. They stared silently an eachover for a long moment.

“Yes?” Joulaki said pointedly. The last thing he wanted was to deal with more people--he’d much rather deal with property instead. He’d talked to some people today, exchanged property for currency, and was now trying to enjoy a well deserved break.

“I bring news from the ITF.” Mstislav said. He glanced around the establishment, at the maroon paint that flaked from the wall and at the inoperable ceiling fan. “Lovely place.”

“Do get on with it, Ostrow.” He bared a few fangs in annoyance. Whitened and sharpened, they almost sparkled. At that moment, a man--barely more than a boy, the Delrothi guessed--with a malnourished look to him slid a plate across the table, colliding with the glass and spilling its contents as it shattered. Joulaki sucked in a hiss. He mumbled an apology and scampered off to retrieve a napkin.

Mstislav raised an eyebrow, but continued speaking at Joulaki’s glare. “To put it simply, the ITF is cutting ties with as many criminals and other shady folks.” He folded his hands together and rested his chin on them.

He ran a hand over his stubby male frill with disinterest. “So I hear.” He picked up one of the onyx, inch-sized eggs from the jade and royal purple nest of leaves. Flakes of mahogany tinted spice fell off it like snow. “I take it I’m next?” He placed the orb on the tip of his tongue, then snapped it up. Oh yes, The Black Eel’s egg salads never disappointed. Ever. The shell crunched in his mouth, the spice a tingle on his tongue.

Mstislav nodded. “Yes.”

“Then I take it you’re doing something to stop it.” Joulaki speared some of the salad with a fork and began to chew it. “Names? Who’s cutting me loose?”

The man took a breath. “Witold Mencher, Áki Hilmar and Perig Armel.” He shut his eyes, knowing he’d just killed three of his superiors.

“Ah, those fuckers.” Joulaki licked the herbs from his lips. He eyed the man, tilted his head to the side. “Why so glum? It’s not like they’re the only ones you’ve killed.” He grinned. “Mencher, Hilmar and Armel deserve what’s coming at them.” He scooped up another egg and devoured it. “Want one?” He offered to Mstislav.

“I’m fine.” He said. “I owe you too much already.”

Joulaki coughed a laugh. “There are some who I own outright, I’m sure they’d disagree with you.”

Mstislav forced a smile. “I’m sure they would.”

The waiter finally arrived with the napkin. The delrothi snatched it from him and began mopping up the wine. It had been so long that most of it had dried on the table already.

“You know what to do.” Said Joulaki to Ostrowski. “You forget this conversation, and I keep on forgetting what I saw. Got it?” The man nodded; the reptile smiled. “Good. You can go now. Ta-ta.” Mstislav wasted no time in leaving the place, and soon the front door slammed shut behind him.

Joulaki looked to the waiter, and handed him the napkin. “You forgot something.” He eyed the human, expecting him to get the hint. When he looked clueless as ever, Joulaki pinched his snout and shook his head. “The glass, boy! Fetch me a new glass!” he closed his eyes and took a breath. He pictured that golden throne again, the warm sun tickling his scales, his wealth and splendour plain to all. He smiled, and continued his meal.

"Yes yes, I am settling in well. Last night I had some... 'emergency' treatments to a large portion of the onboard crew regarding a certain part of their bodies, of which shall not be named." Kiismarhyn laughed a small bit, and appeared upon her cheeks was a flustered pink.

She quickly reasserted herself and turned for the sight to see a most unruly Yelsis on all fours. She took a confused and rather ungainly expression at the whole sight, and coughed, as to dissociate from the situation.

"It is a pleasure to meet the first mate of the crew!" Kiismarhyn extended out a hand towards Silmaris.

Mentions
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
@bardbard

"The pleasure is all mine," Silmaris said as she took the doctor's hand. But, after a brief handshake, which should have ended in mere seconds, she did not let go. "However..." she leaned in closer to the Jukoli woman, closely scrutinizing her features for any signs of deception. Silmaris was not familiar with this species and wasn't sure how to read her mannerisms, but she would learn.

"In the future, please notify me if 'large portions' of the crew require 'emergency' medical procedures, please. That sounds a little too much like an epidemic for my liking," the first mate said as she released Kiismarhyn's hand. "But, other than that, excellent work, doctor. Well done... I think... I hope."

GolemGuy GolemGuy

Mark watched as the little shit worked at the helm. He was surprised the five year old had potential. "Your like your uncle Collin." He said referring to a different honorary uncle.
"Uncle Co use to look aftre me. While Ma was away. He flew me in his rapor." He said. "Uncle Mar where is my Ma at? I mis her."
He frowned. The mysterious Watchtower showed the aftermath of the attack. "She's with your daddy." He said. "They love you deeply. Unfortunately they can't see you just yet." He said as he put his arm around him. When we can I'll take you to Nimeria and meet your grandmother." He said. The boy smiled and shook his head.

Mark smiled and wondered what the rest of this crew was doing as well as wondering where his family was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back