• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
“ITF case number: 847529. Sauphira Indira Aurelia. 36 years old. Codename: ‘Swordfish.’ Threat level: S,” Commander Garret Maxxon said, beginning the briefing. What followed was nearly an hour of everything he knew about their target. “I’ll stick to the facts.”

She was born on Khaleshtu, a raft city in northeastern Tymar, a refugee camp made of rusting old ships chained together into a sort of floating ghetto. A lot of them sprang up shortly after the ITF arrived to uplift the Tymari people. Most were raided and destroyed when the ITF realized the rafts were a breeding ground for political dissidents, resulting in forced migrations to the domed cities, where these populations could be closely monitored.

Even from a young age, Sauphira had always been proficient with machines and computers. After her mother was killed, she enlisted in the Tymari Defense Force as a combat engineer, but never saw action. A ‘peace’ treaty dissolved the TDF and made the ITF the sole military presence on Tymar. They scuttled most of Tymar’s military hardware and disbanded the soldiers.

One of Commander Maxxon’s first assignments was to oversee a shipbreaking yard where vessels from the Tymari fleet were being scrapped to build the domed cities. Even back then, any fool could see Tymar would not go peacefully. There were daily protests and the occasional scuffle between his men and the natives. On the surface, it looked as if the ITF had won… but, on Tymar, nothing is ever as it seems.

Meanwhile, Sauphira was on Roan, Tymar’s moon, researching propulsion dynamics and quantum field subversion at a private school. While researching her background, Maxxon had found samples of her schoolwork and pictures of her in her early twenties. She was smart, articulate, and --though it frightened him a little-- attractive. Her features were striking and exotic, but her smile was human. Too human.

‘You created this demon.’ Silmaris’s words echoed in his mind as he sped through this part of the briefing. The rafts. The domed cities. The stealing of their water. The forced labor. The corruption of the seas. If not for the ITF, Sauphira and the millions of bitter Tymari who followed her might still be ‘normal’ people, living normal lives.

But he knew that was a lie. Sauphira’s smile was a fake one. In her heart, she thirsted for destruction and her college days were just a means to that end. The Tymari people had colonized their moon and some nearby planets using conventional, sub-lightspeed travel, but did not possess warp travel or an understanding of gravity drives, the Higgs effect, or kinetic encapsulation, key concepts for interstellar travel. Sauphira didn’t go to school to make friends; she went to arm herself with the knowledge to destroy the enemy.

Vaemire IV was proof of that.

“Let’s take a break here,” Maxxon said, as he set down his datapod. “We’ll take a ten minute recess and then move on to recent history: the formation of the Aurelian Legion, Operation: Blowfish, and… Vaemire IV, of course. Then Fiiros and our plan of attack.”

Most of the twelve men nodded in agreement, except for one. Sergeant Kyle Hughes, a bearded mountain of a man with a scar across his cheek had been looking increasingly agitated as the briefing went on. He didn’t ask any questions or say a word the entire time, but his body language was practically screaming.

As Maxxon moved toward the door, Hughes suddenly stood and blocked him. “Sir,” Sergeant Hughes said, his intense gaze level with the commander’s. “With all due respect, you ain’t told us a word we don’t already know. What is this? Can’t we just get on with the goddamn mission and do what we shoulda done months ago: nail this bitch?”

The room became deathly silent. All eyes were on the two of them. Maxxon knew a lot was riding on what he said next.

“Sergeant Hughes… no, Kyle,” the commander said carefully placing a hand on the man’s shoulder. “I know you're angry. You all are. But... but sometimes, a briefing isn’t about what you know. It’s about what you understand.” He stepped past Sgt. Hughes. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go to my quarters and send out some reports. I’ll be back in a moment.” he paused with one hand on the door. "And... when I return, I hope you all understand. I truly do."

He exited the briefing room and shut the door behind himself. And locked it. The bridge was exactly as he had left it. Every man and woman was seated at their workstations, staring straight ahead, as if he wasn't even there. A cold sweat slowly trickled down his brow to the edge of his chiseled jawline. He stiffly saluted the crew before briskly walking to the elevator, alone. Maxxon felt as if he couldn’t breathe, like his chest was in a vise.

He stepped inside the elevator and mashed the button to take him to his private quarters. The moment the doors closed, he leaned back against the wall and tore open the stifling collar of his ITF uniform. He felt as if the clothing was strangling him. He wanted to tear it all off. “What have I done?” he muttered. “What have I done?”

Ding.

The elevator doors opened and there she was. “The Lord’s work,” Sauphira said as she stepped inside.

Kal had to agree with Al; she was not alright with the Alphas coming into such close proximity to the Titan and her crew. That a group that enforces the grip of the ITF was so close to them, a crew of Pirates, was bad enough, that at the very moment they were planning to kill their helmsman made it all the worse. She had taken on a more defensive pose, her hand on a gun holstered under her coat.

Little Child's threat towards Alejandras made her feel... she wasn't quite sure really, but she knew she'd be damned if she ever let that happen to him! and even though it was a mere example without intent (so she certainly hoped), she nonetheless was angry over it, and perhaps felt a tad bit protective of Al? Regardless, she did her best to conceal it behind a neutral mask, though how successfully she did not know. She tightened her grip around the gun.

GolemGuy GolemGuy Jagson Jagson AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Jacen stood up having been struck repeatedly by the man before him. Blood dripped from his mouth.
"Why did you run away?" He asked hitting Jacen's face. It felt like a hover craft slammed into him
"I didn't want to be involved any..." He was cut off as the man kicked his chest. Jacen fell to the ground riding in pain.
The man dropped a can of med spray in front of Jacen. "Don't lie." He said as he crouched down. "You ran because you were hurt and scared." He said calmly. "You were trying to run away from your sins." He picked up the spray and sprayed it on his wounds. "Only a fool runs away from his sins. You have to atone for them." He handed Jacen a card. "I'm putting together a small resistance force. I want you to be apart of it Jaden. If your in contact Watch Tower." He said before walking away."
Little child looked at the Lizard. "Go ahead shoot me." They said with a big shit eating grin on their face.
Bard Bard Bard Bard (last part)

"Don't," Sil said, calmly warning Kal. Although she doubted she needed to tell the Delrothi that. Kal was level headed and composed at all times. Sil had never seen her lose her cool and doubted the little lizard would now.

"If we harm him, it's open season," she said, still preparing dinner as if none of this really mattered. "We are out in the open, vulnerable, and have no idea where the rest of the team is. They could all be staring at us through the scopes of sniper rifles right now, waiting. Not a good way to start a war."

She looked to the shapeshifter as she put the first slice of shark fillet on the grill and it began to sizzle.

"How would you like yours prepared?" she asked him.

Bard Bard Bard Bard GolemGuy GolemGuy Jagson Jagson

"Chef's choice." They said. He picked up their personal blaster and fired it at therselves. The blast left their face nearly blown off as they fell to the ground.
Within seconds they stood up nearly unharmed. "That never gets easy." He said looking at the the fish and lizard.

Jacen limped near the crew. He saw the stranger. "Who the hell are you?" He asked

“So that’s how it’s gonna be huh?”

Alice stuck out her tongue at him playfully and then suddenly he tackled her and she pushed back into the water. He then raised her up over his head. "Ezro don't you dare!" He the chucked her further out into the water.

“Don’t mess with a mans ponytail!”
She resurfaced and tried to look annoyed but she couldn't help but laugh. "Whatever I like it better without the ponytail!." Alice looked towards the beach to see where everyone was. "Hmmm What's going on over there?"
Siren77 Siren77

“Huh?” Ezro followed Alice’s gaze to the beach where the others could be seen next to a strange individual who just blew his fucking head off only to stand up again. “I dunno, but to me it certainly looks like trouble. Come one, let’s go make sure everything’s okay. There’ll be plenty more time for me to throw you in the water alter.”

The Captain then quickly swam back to shore before pacing over to the group. As he crept up from behind, he saw a rather worse for wear Jacen questioning who the individual was. So he didn’t even know them huh? Probably a new recruit for the Alpha’s, or just some mad bastard looking to cause trouble.

“Y’know,” Ezro firmly planted his hand around the back of the individuals neck. “I was just about to ask them the same thing.” His grip tightened down so that they wouldn’t get away from him, and that they’d feel just a tad bit uncomfortable. “Care to enlighten us stranger?”
animegirl20 animegirl20 Jagson Jagson AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Bard Bard Bard Bard GolemGuy GolemGuy

They smiled as they looked at the captain. " Little cousin at your service." They said bowing to the ginger captain. " I'm just here to be friendly before the judgment day comes." They said as they sat down. They looked over at Jacen. " Thanks for the information pal." They said using the voice they had when they tricked Jacen. " My boss was pleased with the inventory."

Jacen's eyes widened. " Son of a bitch." Jacen said. He ran towards the man. Little Child lifted their hand as their fingers turned into five bland that pressed against Jacen. " Now... now there is no no need for attacking. I was just doing my job. By the way you should probably not have used your family's cigar company for a cover." They gave them a toothy grin.

"Anyways captain it's a pleasure to meet you."

Ezro let loose his grip on the person, a displeased and certainly pissy look on his face.

“Forgive me if my sentiments are not the same as yours. I don’t take too kindly to Individuals trying to be friendly when I know what their motives are and that they intend harm on those I care about. I’ll give you one thing, you have a lot of nerve to stick around. Then again I suppose your confidence is warranted, given if I blast your bastard ass straight to hell it’ll only bring your superiors in us sooner.”

The Captain then strode over to Al and Kal and took a seat next to them. Looking over at Alice for a moment, he motioned for her to come sit by the rest of them so she wouldn’t be on her own. He wanted to keep an eye on everyone so there wouldn’t be any surprises and stupid shit pulled.

“So if you stay, I suggest you not taunt Mr. Corr here. As if I don’t break the bullshit peace you offered us, he certainly will should you stoke his anger. You’d be a good practice dummy don’t get me wrong, but he needs to focus on someone who’s a real challenge.”

Slight digs and taunts of his own were bluntly put in his wording, just because if he couldn’t hurt them physically he may as well take a few jabs as their ego. Maybe it would cause them to make the first move, then retaliation would be warranted. Ezro would love it if that happened.
Jagson Jagson GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard animegirl20 animegirl20 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

They smiled. "Please you all think you meant bags can defeat me in combat." They said annoyed by the captains dings. "Why big sister gave you meat bags...."
His voice was interupted as the man who recently beat up Jacen walked up to the group.
"You're little child right?" He asked as he puffed on his cigar. "I think it's time for you to leave." He looked at the crew. "Captain sir please forgive my intrusion. I figured you would want him out of here." He said.

"Who the hell are you to speak to me meat..."
Their voice was cut off as the older man slammed his fist into their stomach. They flew into the water. "Once again sorry for the intrusion." He said. He looked at Jacen. "Good luck in the duel Jaden. When it ends make sure to contact Watch Tower." He looked at Ezro. "He'll fill you in." He said walking away still smoking his cigar.

“I......Who....?” Ezro turned to Jacen with a bewildered look. “Corr what the fuck was that? I swear how many more people from your past are gonna show up today?” With an annoyed groan, he rubbed his forehead and leaned over onto his knees. “I’m gonna need a god damn Aspirin after this.”
Jagson Jagson

Last edited:
"That was Chr.... Uncle." He said. "He retired a year before I became an Alpha. He became somewhat of a mentor to me." He said. He pulled out a cigar that uncle gave him and lit it. "Hopefully he was the last." He said. "And I'm pretty sure he's on my side." He said. He groaned in pain as he felt pain surge threw his body. "Even if he believes in tough love."

“Alright well regardless, I still don’t have much trust for him and apparently neither do you considering you aren’t even sure if he’s on your side. I don’t know what the odds are of all of these people being here at the same time, but it’s starting to get in my nerves. Part of me just wants to blow them all up and get the problem over with, even thought that’ll never work.”

“What’s more is the assholes HAD to choose to follow us and disrupt our plans right when I choose to actually give us a vacation! It’s pure evil I say! Pure evil!”

Ezro gave a mock whine before looking over at Sil.

“Oi, when’s the food gonna be finished? I’m hangrier than this fucking shark you killed was.”
Jagson Jagson GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard AnonyMouse AnonyMouse animegirl20 animegirl20

"Idiots," Sil muttered under her breath after the shapeshifter got swatted away by the newcomer, some kind of buff grandpa who'd used Jacen as a punching bag. She wasn't sure why that bothered her so much. Maybe it was because everyone but her was getting free swings at Jacen today or maybe it was because people kept appearing on this fucking beach. And then Ezro had to open his mouth.

"You can eat it raw, captain. A little sushi won't kill you," she said. "It would have been done sooner if you had lit the bonfire, like you were told, instead of splashing around with your girlfriend." Yup, she used the 'g' word. She had three shark steaks on the grill and turned one over, sprinkling some salt and spices on it.

"If you're really hungry, I think Al's dish is nearly done," she said, with a gesture to the bubbling pot of greenish slop. "Looks delicious, right?"

Siren77 Siren77 GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard Jagson Jagson animegirl20 animegirl20

A sharp eye roll extended from the left to the right at Sil’s comment.

“Well excuse me that I am in fact your Captain, and that I can do as I damn well please. I don’t need to be ordered around by some bitch of a cook who chose to go on a hunting trip instead of preparing a basic meal. You’re lucky at the very least that I actually prepared the wood for you. If you really wanted someone to be obedient to you and actually fulfill your desires, you should’ve asked your boyfriend instead of me.”

If she wanted to play it like this, Ezro was more than happy to snap right back.

“See the funny thing is, Al actually managed to have something simple cooked. Granted I want nothing to do with it, as it’s intended for your beloved Mr. Corr. But maybe some other time, if never at all.”

Perhaps arguing with the cook wasn’t the best idea, considering she was the one handling his food day in and day out. There’s no telling what sort of stunt she might pull with it. But, in his defense she’s the one who decides to be a sassy little piece of shit instead of answering a simple question.
Jagson Jagson GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard AnonyMouse AnonyMouse animegirl20 animegirl20

While he talked, Sil turned away from the grill for a moment and whispered something to one of the spider droids and it ran away inside the ship. Meanwhile, she took one of the raw shark steaks and began to slice it into very thin strips, using a much smaller knife than the one she had been using before. The cuts were precise, yet quick, as if she was putting on a show for him, even as he continued ranting.

When the spider droid returned, it was carrying some leafy green vegetable and a small bowl of chilled rice. She didn't have any seaweed, but this spinach would have to do. The rice had been prepared in advance, because of course it had. Sil never showed up to a meal unprepared. Even though she wasn't sure what she would catch today, she knew it was going to be some kind of sea creature; sushi had always been on the menu.

"I should remind you, your 'cook' is on vacation, and so is her captain," Sil said as she rolled the diced shark bits in rice and wrapped it in seaweed. "I didn't have to cook anything, you asshole." Despite her angry tone, her movements were still very controlled and precise as she plated the sushi roll, cut it up into perfect slices, and sprinkled some sea salt on top as a garnish before shoving the plate at him.

"Now shut the fuck up and eat it. Or..." she lowered her voice to a whisper, "would you rather your girlfriend feed it to you?" She smiled. "At least the helmsman had the balls to say how he feels. Coward."

Siren77 Siren77

Last edited:
Jacen let out a breath. "You guys can still enjoy your vacation." He said. "We have two and a half days left." He let out a breath as he let out a puff of smoke. "I suggest you guys enjoy your time." He said smiling as he stood up. "Take care guys. You probably won't be seeing me during that time frame." He said as he started to walk away

Ezro showed no hesitation in willingly accepting the plate of sushi from the woman before scooping up and eating the shark based meal.

“Unfortunately you did. Vacation or not, you still have your responsibilities and duty to this crew to fulfill. All jokes aside, you know we appreciate what you do, no matter how pissy you can be about it sometimes. Let’s just calm down and enjoy each other’s company, I’m sorry I riled you up.”

With that, the Captain pleasantly continued eating though Sil made one final comment that singed at his nerves. Not a while sentence per say, but a singular word. One that rang in his head like the echo of a gunshot. It repeated over and over again in his head, with a myriad of voices repeating it over and over again. His hands tensed on the plate, coloring his knuckles and palms white. While he shut his eyes to avoid looking at Sil, he took some deep breaths to try and relax his mind. Though, he couldn’t hold back his tongue for long.

“I am a great many things Roschanna Silmaris, but a coward is not one of them. You would be wise not to address me as such again. Should there be any such instances of emotions to that same degree, then it would kinda make me coward wouldn’t it? But there isn’t, nothing even close to the kind. Now, if you’d be so kind as to shut the fuck up, I’d like to enjoy my meal now.”

Bold, to say such things when the other individual involved in was right close to him. But, Alice knew where he stood and how he felt, so what he said shouldn’t be any sort of surprise or irritation to her. Though that’s just his assumptions, if she developed any sort of attachment then that’s of no other fault than her own.

Right when he was about to eat in silence, he saw Jacen stand to leave while speaking some bullshit about them not seeing him. This prompted an irritated grunt from Ezro as he set his plate aside and march right behind Jacen to harshly grab him by the shoulder.

“I don’t think so, Corr. You aren’t going anywhere except for back to that bonfire to enjoy this vacation with your crew mates. I don’t give a shit how many Alphas are on this island, you aren’t going off on your own and letting this situation get out of hand. So sit your ass down before I have to force you.”

What was meant to be endearing came across as more agitated and annoyed, which was unintentional and Ezro recognized his tone was out of line. He’d need to apologize once Jacen decided to sit down.
animegirl20 animegirl20 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Jagson Jagson

"Threats?" Sil said with a slow nod. "Good. That means we are finally taking one another seriously. I am sure we will not have to have this discussion again, captain."

She would never apologize for calling him that. Even now, he was still dodging the issue. The man was good at using his fists and facing tangible threats, but seemed to struggle with the less obvious things. Any problem he couldn't punch, shoot, or slash seemed to trip him up. Perhaps calling him a 'coward' was a step too far. 'Indecisive' might be a more fitting word.

Oh well. That's what's I'm here for. Someone has to face the tough decisions, she thought as she went back to the grill, but only after flashing a quick glance in Alice's direction and a look that seemed to say 'sorry.'

Siren77 Siren77 animegirl20 animegirl20

Jacen looked at Ezro. "Captain I request you take your hand off of me before something happens." His eyes were cold. "I'm not the one trying to start anything. Secondly this isn't your consern. You can leave this place with the rest of the crew and be safe " He said jerking his shoulder away from Ezro. "Besides if I die so be it." He said as he continued walking. "Consider this my resignation." He said. "You'll be better off without me."
Siren77 Siren77

“You misunderstand.” Ezro grunted as he reaches back around to Jacen’s chest and pulled him back in by the scruff of his shirt so that they were eye to eye. “I’m not asking you, my friend, I’m ordering you too. I don’t agree with a majority of the polices the ITF pushes to their regime, but no man left behind is something universally accepted by any soldier. Pirate or not. I’ll not have you die on us when we could’ve done something to help, I do not need that on my conscience especially after I’ve already had this happen to me once before. Like it or not you aren’t just a part of this crew, you are a part of a bloodless family that cares more for one another than any relation by blood does. You have a place with us here, don’t waste it and don’t you dare think you are expendable.” His eyes show more sadness than rage, but his tone was still harsh and stubborn. “Now, if you would please come back with me. I don’t want to have to hurt you.”
Jagson Jagson

"You know that 'No man left behind. We're family' speaches are the definition of cliche." He said as he smiled genuinely at him. "But damn do they motivate a person." He said as he gently pushed Ezro back so that his shirt was free. "Alright captain.' he said as he turned towards the bonfire.
Siren77 Siren77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back