• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ezro’s gaze darkened as soon as he looked upon the face of the Alpha, his eyes glaring with rage.

“That’s what you Alphas might think, but I’m truth I was one of the best soldiers to come through the normal process. Luckily that meant I could come to my humanity and recognize genocide when I saw it. I’m not sure why you think it’s safe to return here after your apparent ill will towards us. I suggest you return to the rest of your family of rats, and when it’s time to have Jacen kill one of you then you might return.”

With that said, The Captain turned face and walked away from the woman toward the others.

Clever, but not good enough, Sil remarked as the squid raced toward her, using the dead turtle as a shield. It was clearly an intelligent creature. Even though she was calling it a 'squid' in her mind, it had almost nothing in common with any squid she'd ever seen. Too many tentacles. Too many eyes. Waaaaaay too many teeth. And it was behaving far more aggressively than any squid she had ever seen.

But it probably tasted like a squid. And that is all that matters.

It tried to ram her with the turtle shell, but she deftly dodged away, rolling aside at the last moment and cutting through two of its tentacles as it turned to attack. The beast recoiled and tried to hide behind its prey, but she swiped off another tentacle with her bayonet, causing it to drop the turtle carcass, leaving it wide open for an attack. Sil raised her rifle and took aim.

But the creature emitted a cloud of black ink and propelled itself away in one mighty thrust of its remaining tentacles. How very squid-like of you, Sil thought as she fired into the ink cloud, which immediately became stained with red. The creature emerged from the other side of the cloud, wounded but still alive. The harpoon had lodged itself in the squid's bulbous head.

There was blood in the water now. She needed to wrap this up quick before other predators caught the scent. Sil swam after it, ready to finish the job, but she stopped when she felt something large approaching from behind, swimming through the cloud of ink and the trail of blood. Well, that didn't take long. It was getting closer and closer and closer and her gun still needed a few more precious seconds to manufacture another harpoon.

Fuck it. She quickly altered the settings on the gun, turned, and aimed, just as a giant shark burst from the ink cloud, with its jaws wide open. She unloaded a blast of buckshot in its face and the beast veered off course, narrowly missing her. Her bayonet finished the job, cutting a ragged line down its ventral side. The chainsaw-like blade of her jacknife chewed through its flesh like... well, like a chainsaw. It's a miracle she didn't disembowel the poor creature.

Sil looked behind her: one wounded squid swimming away. She looked in front of her: one disturbingly large dead shark. Chase the squid or settle for the shark? She couldn't even remember the last time she had shark meat. On her planet, these bastards knew their place and wouldn't dare charge at a Tymari. I mean, really, who does he think I am? You've got some nerve, Sil thought as she gave the shark a slap with her fishtail.

A few minutes later, Sil surfaced near the same place she had gone into the water, and frowned. "You people sure got cozy while I was out there doing all the work," she muttered to herself as she dragged her mermaid form out of the water. At least someone had gathered firewood, so they weren't all lazy oafs. She sort of half-flopped and half-slithered, stopping every few feet to drag the dead shark with her.

Sil hauled herself to the rock where she had left her personal possessions and sat down, to wait for her fishtail to go away. Her silvery scales shimmered under the tropical sun. She probably would look like a fairy tale depiction of a mermaid, picturesque and beautiful... if not for the dead shark at her feet and the murderous looks she cast at Siri every couple of seconds.

Jagson Jagson Siren77 Siren77 animegirl20 animegirl20 GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard

Last edited:
Siri smiled wide like a Cheshire cat back at Sil. She then looked at Ezro. "I've seen plenty of regular soliders commit genocide." She said before walking backward. Within seconds she disappeared without a trace.

Jacen looked at Sil. 'Yep mermaid fits her perfectly.' He thought. "Well your lordship." He said in a sarcastic enough manner as to make it seem fake. "I'm personally trying to enjoy the last few dayI have left." He said before picking up his data pod."So if you don't mind can you please keep it down." He said as he walked away from the group.

“I know the blood on my hands, but I’ve forsaken those sins. I suggest you do the same should the time come where we have to kill you.”

Her words stung, but he didn’t let it show. Instead he took a short deep breath before walking over near the other and laying down on the sand next to Alice.

“No one asked you to go hunt for a sea monster Sil, we could’ve just stuck to the basic meal plan but Noooooo the cook had to go the path of an exotic and fucked up Yordan Kamsay.”
animegirl20 animegirl20 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Jagson Jagson

"Exotic?" Sil said, giving Ezro a scathing look. "You've been around Corr too much, captain. Did it ever occur to you that maybe I want to get out of the kitchen for a day? And what is this talk about a 'sea monster?' It's just a shark. Spare me the hyperbole."

Yeah, it was just a hulking death machine that probably weighed twice as much as she did. No big deal.

Sil detached her knife from the rifle and began carving up the shark. She needed to do something while she waited for her skin to dry so the damn fishtail would separate. Her knife made sectioning the shark meat incredibly easy. She tossed chunks of unwanted fat and viscera into the sea as if it were the most natural thing in the world and rinsed the blood from her hands with each roll of the tide.

Siren77 Siren77

Corr sat down and started typing into his data pod. He pulled up a website called the Flying Aces. He scrolled down before tapping the leader's contact information.

'you know who this is. I need to cash in that favor you owe me.'
- N1

After a few minutes a reply appeared.

'What do you need?'
-N3

'What the ship that N2 is stationed on. More importantly the protection of N2's child.'
-N1
As he waited for the response he laid in the sand and looked up at the now twilight sky.

“I can’t have been around him any more than you have, Miss Silmaris.” Ezro said with a shit eating grin.

Saying nothing more on the subject, he let himself rest for a moment. The mist from the warm waters down the way could be felt, inviting him into the warm waters it possessed. Soon Ezro eventually caved in, and stood up before jogging down into the water and submerging himself in the edge of one of the many oceans of the paradise planet. The water felt wonderful and alleviating to his sore body, relaxing the ever tense muscles present. After returning to the surface, he poked his head up out of the water and scanned the shoreline before a mischievous smirk came on his face.

Quietly and carefully, he crept from the depths of the waters back towards the shoreline. Staying as stealthy as possible, he snuck up on Alice until he was below her on the shoreline. Then, in one swift movement he drug her towards him by her ankle before picking her up. The sunglasses she wore were carefully plucked from her face and dropped on the towel, before Ezro took her for a ride toward and into the water front. Once at a decent depth, he simply dropped her in.

“Y’know, the beach is more enjoyable if you actually enter the water instead of staying on the shoreline the entire time.”
animegirl20 animegirl20

Alejandras lifted himself from the posture. He had partially spaced out before he could have answered Kal. Something about her, just... Alejandras was unable to finish the thought before he saw Sil emerge from the water. He laughed dryly, before remembering a tidbit of information that he had read about Malalikia once.

He looked towards the tide, it was in the transition from high-to-low tide. Perfect.

Alejandras began to shift through the sand with high scrutiny, letting the grains of mineral fall from the silicone coverings of his hands. Finally, he located his quarry, and continued searching the sands. He had caught an indigenous species of mollusk, often called Caspian oysters, named so from their similarities to the earthen oysters. But, Caspian oysters possessed six sinewy legs tipped in suction cups, and a pair of stalked eyes.

Alejandras walked back to the bungalow with a handful, around five of the mollusks.

He went into the ship without a word to his comrades, searching for a bowl, of which he found. It was fairly wide and made from a durable, thick metal. He took a seat, at least three meters, from the rest of the crew, dropped the Caspian oysters in the bowl, and began to crush and grind them up with a fair sized rock like a mortar and pestle.

Bard Bard Bard Bard Jagson Jagson AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Siren77 Siren77 animegirl20 animegirl20

While Alice was laying there she suddenly remembered she had some tanning lotion. She sat up and took the lotion out of the basket and started putting it on. As she was rubbing some on her arms she noticed Ezro lay down next to her. "Oh hey done with the match?"

“No one asked you to go hunt for a sea monster Sil, we could’ve just stuck to the basic meal plan but Noooooo the cook had to go the path of an exotic and fucked up Yordan Kamsay.”

Alice stopped what she doing and looked over to Ezro. "I.....wait what? Sea Monster?" She tilted her head wondering what they were going on about then shrugged and started to ask Ezro something but before she could he was already standing up and heading to the water. "Ugh..." She then sighed and put the tanning lotion down. "darn, I was hoping he could do my back. " She then put the lotion back in the bag and laid back down with her eyes closed. As she was relaxing she suddenly felt something grab her from the ankles and drag her. "What the?!" She was then picked up by Ezro who took her sunglasses and let them fall on the towel and then carried her to the water. "Ezro! Put me down." And he did he dropped her into the water.

“Y’know, the beach is more enjoyable if you actually enter the water instead of staying on the shoreline the entire time.”

She puffed out her cheeks. "I was trying to get a tan." Suddenly she smirked and then quickly jumped up grabbed him and pulled him down into the water. "Haha!"
Siren77 Siren77

Ezro shrugged his shoulders

“I personally like your better with your porcelain skin, but hey that’s just one mans op- Oi!!”

The captain felt his head be grabbed and pulled down into the water, causing what felt like a slap to the face from the surface tension. After returning from the water, his once orderly hair was now in completely disarray from the rough entry into the water compared to the grace he tried to use earlier. Ezro peeled the tie out of his hair and flicked back onto the beach, all the while staring at Alice with a slightly annoyed expression. Now his fiery red hair hung loose from his head.

“So that’s how it’s gonna be huh?” He asked as a mischievous grin spread on his face.

Suddenly, he lurched from the water and softly tackled Alice back into the depths. The pair were then to resurface with Ezro holding his First Mate over his head before chucking her further out into the water.

“Don’t mess with a mans ponytail!”
animegirl20 animegirl20

Jaden closed his eyes. He really needed a cigar but knew it properly won't help with the anxiety. He tried to think back to a more pleasent time.
Jaden twelve at the time walked threw the cafeteria of his public learning center.
He was heading towards a table that had his brother, Jacen's best friend Marc McGill, and the son of his father's business partner Oscar Damaris.
Jaden stopped walking and looked past them. He saw a girl with slightly dark skin. She was alone. The rags she wore made it obvious she was a gutter rat. Jaden let out a breath before walking towards her

"Can I sit here." He asked.
She looked at him. Her lips quivered before nodding yes.
"I'm Jaden." He said giving her a big toothy grin.
"I'm Kathryn." She said smiling back at him.

Sil looked around and was glad to see most of her crewmates were preoccupied with other things. Al was crushing shellfish in a bowl. Ezro and Alice were... playing, to use that term lightly. And Jacen was gone. Well, she could still see him, but he seemed as if his mind had wandered far away. The last few hours had been an emotional rollercoaster for him, so she couldn't imagine what he was thinking right now. Maybe he needed some time alone. Or maybe he needed a friend.

Anyway, she wasn't going anywhere until she had legs again. The transformation had completed a long time ago, but Sil was waiting for some privacy before taking the final step. It was kind of gross and she didn't want them to see. Once she was sure no one was looking, she began to peel back the skin on her lower half, revealing normal human legs under the translucent membrane of fish scales and fins. She used the rock to shimmy out of it, like a snake shedding its skin, until finally her feet were free. She walked out into the water to dispose of the old skin and wash off the slick, mucous-like substance on her new legs, then returned to her rock to discretely put on her undergarments.

With that awful business out of the way, she gathered her belongings and disappeared into the ship for a few minutes before returning with two of her spider droids. They were carrying a crate between them and headed over to the stack of firewood, where they began setting up a folding table and a makeshift grill. Meanwhile, Sil was about to head back to the shark carcass, but she paused to stare at Alejandras. After a moment of deliberation, she headed over to him.

"Hmmm..." she said, standing over him with a puzzled expression as she watched him work. "I am quite sure you are supposed to remove the shells, not grind them up with the good bits... or is this some bizarre Wahlru custom I am not aware of?"

GolemGuy GolemGuy

Last edited:
Alejandras turned to face Silmaris. "This is an old Wahlru dish we call Bzerti-Manash. It consists of a ground up mollusk, in most cases a Teraspid clam, but this Caspian oyster will work just fine. You boil it over a fire until it becomes a pungent green liquid. You let it cool for a night, at that point it's similar to gelatin. Bzerti-Manash is said to connect you to the water spirit of Mo'lak." Alejandras continued with his toils.

"Mo'lak is said to bring good fortunes, Bzerti-Manash was consumed during wartimes by generals for a tipping of the scales. This is mean't for Jacen, his trials will need a tipping of the scales."

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

"Mhm... right... I see," Sil said, nodding along with every word he said. No matter how much he tried to convince her of its benefits, she couldn't see this as anything but a laxative, at best, and an emetic, at worst. Whatever he was making would probably find its way out of Jacen, through one orifice or another, and violently.

"That is very thoughtful of you," she said with a friendly smile. "I am sure Jacen's heart will be warmed to know his new friends are looking out for him." The smile abruptly vanished. "At least until his old friends rip it from his chest and stomp it into a bloody pulp."

She knelt down beside Al. "Tell me something, Al. I missed the sparring match," Sil said, with a gesture to the kicked up sand where she assumed the two men had engaged one another. Well, that or someone had made a very nice sand castle and then kicked it into oblivion. She figured the sparring match seemed more likely. "In your opinion, was his form good? Were his senses sharp? Did he look like a man who can survive single combat with one of the deadliest men or women in the known universe?"

GolemGuy GolemGuy

He shook his head solemnly. "He needs to watch his temper, too much can cloud your senses, and too little can destroy your commitment. He needs to find the right balance." He sighed. "Jacen is powerful, for a human, don't get me wrong. But, he need improvement. He's too impulsive. Sure, he takes every chance he can get, but sometimes you have to take a few hits to find your sweet-spot, the winning hit." He shook his head again, looking at Silmaris. "Silmaris, you have what he needs. You have training, you have nigh perfection. Give him some of that." He stood up, carrying the bowl to place it over the fire. He beckoned for Sil to follow.

"Teach him what you know. He's gonna need all the help he can get, and I don't think anyone on this crew wants him dead... hopefully." He cracked up for a moment. "Just, Sil, help him."

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Sil wasn't surprised to hear Jacen had lost his cool in the sparring match. After today's ups and downs, he was already off balance long before the first punch was thrown. Hell, she was probably partially to blame for that, due to how she'd treated him at her room and in the dining hall. The Alphas had given him three days. That was plenty of time to get his head on straight... or to let it get even more messed up.

Three days to think about how many ways he might die, Sil thought. She wondered if the Alphas had given him this time to prepare or to let him agonize over it. Was this a gift or a curse?

"Nigh perfection?" She said. "You think too highly of me. I am an assassin, Al. I survive by choosing when and how to engage my targets and only playing the games I can win. In a fair fight I would be just as screwed as he is, which is why I never fight fair, if it can be avoided. But don't worry. I have no intention of staying out of this one."

Before following him to the bonfire, Sil gathered up the shark meat --well, most of it-- and brought it with her. The droids had gotten the blaze going. One was probing the flames with its little spider legs while the other stood back fanning it. She spread the meat out on the table they had set up and retrieved her 'Gon Fishin' apron from the crate and a filleting knife.

"Would you like me to give you some assassin advice?" she said as she tied her apron strings and began to slice the rough chunks of meat into steaks. "Never lose sight of the win condition. Do not add to it. Do not detract from it. In a duel to the death, the win condition is death. Nothing more. Nothing less." She smirked. "No one said we have to kill the other guy. One dead helmsman will get us all out of this mess. Just gotta figure out how to bring him back afterward."

GolemGuy GolemGuy

Kal had been intently watching Alejandras grind up the oysters in silence, perhaps an inch or so too close to him. Afterwards, she followed him and Sil over to the fire. Listening to Sil's words, ideas started to brew. They were all basic for now, and many impractical, but they were ideas. "Three days... that would be enough time to get to Port Justinia--a pirate haven. There we might be able to buy a stasis shield to keep him alive and frozen at the brink of death long enough for us to recover him and for Eve to patch him up." She had some other ideas, but put this one forward first. At any rate, she knew Port Justinia well enough to know that the station could certainly come in useful in other ways.

GolemGuy GolemGuy AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Alejandras shook his head. "It's not could we bring him back, it's can we. It all depends on what injuries he sustains." He took a moment, scrying his own thoughts. "If a vital organ is lost or damaged, that's a whole other rabbit hole, and that's saying if we can convince the Alphas that we should get the body." He paused. "If a limb is lost, again, another rabbit hole to get a prosthetic." He fondled with his hands. "I suppose it's all up to fate to decide."

Bard Bard Bard Bard AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

The bird landed behind the people who were talking. The bird turned yellow as a vaguely humanoid androgynous being took its place. "That's an interesting idea." Little child said as they looked at him. "Of course if said alpha would here you guys that might be another issue." They said

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard

"We can only control what we can control," Sil said to Alejandras. "I have the means to fake a death. There are certain chemical cocktails that can induce 'living death' with a high probability of successful recussitation. I know the formulae. I have the ingredients and the equipment to prepare it. That is the easy part."

She paused for a moment and stopped slicing the shark meat to give he and Kal her undivided attention.

"The problem is, there are too many uncontrollable variables. What happens if they take the body? What if he suffers a mortal wound in the duel, such as decapitation? What if they turn on us next? Like you said: fate will decide."

She was about to resume preparing the meal, but a little bird fluttered too close for comfort. She had hardly seen any birds all day and none this close. most of the creatures on this planet --or at least on this little slice of the planet-- did not seem accustomed to the presence of people. It seemed odd that this one would fly so close to a gathering of strangers.

And then it turned into a person.

Sil scowled. "And what would said Alpha do with this information? Your people want him dead anyway. This changes nothing," she said. ""Or are you threatening us?" her eyes narrowed on the intruder. "That would be a rather drastic change to the win condition... not that any of us took your sister at her word anyway."

Jagson Jagson GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard

"What you dare think my big sister would be capable of something like that." They said chewing the scenery. "Please when she made the promise it was real." They said. He turned into Sitikah "Unfortunately." They said mimicking his voice. "Our great farther hath overuled her. He wants all of you gone" They said turning back to it's regular self.

He smiled and looked at Sil and turned into a random female Tymari native. "I'm not threatening you Tymarian. Truthfully I never met Prodigal. I joined afterwards."

Last edited:
Sil became increasingly annoyed as the shapeshifter continued speaking. "i think I can safely say no one here thought this little 'Pakars nu Necron' was sanctioned. I'm not calling your sister a liar. I'm merely saying she made promises she doesn't have the authority to keep," she said with an innocent shrug. "So... yeah... she lied."

She went back to filleting shark steaks. "So, what happens now? You have your orders, so why are any of us still alive?"

Jagson Jagson GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard

They let out a breath as they stopped shape shifting. "Simple. We're still giving you guys the three days." They said he smiled a little bit. "Believe it or not we're not all monsters. Besides that shark smells good. I wouldn't want to kill a chief before the meal is finished."
Elsewhere on the planet

Jacen practiced combat moves. He knew he wasn't going to give them the chance to kill everyone he works with.
"Tyrell." A voice shouted at him. Jacen turned to see what looked like wind flying at him.
Jacen quickly got out of the way before the tree behind him was cut in half. "You little punk." The voice said as a middle aged man walked towards him. He had a full gotee and short salt and pepper hair. The older man had an eye patch over his left eye. He had a cigar in his mouth. "I go on vacation for the first time since retiring and you just happen to show up and bring the wrath of Sitikah with you." He said before walking over to Corr.
The older man smiled before wrapping him in a bear hug. "Good to know you're still alive." The older man said before punching Jacen's stomach causing the younger man to fall down and spit up blood. "Get up. You got a duel to win "

Alejandras' tone took a subtle shift, becoming more defensive. "I don't understand why we let the Alphas just prance around our territory." He thought out loud, stirring the green liquid with a spoon. He sprinkled in a sort of condiment into the mixture. "It's like letting a stranger in on your property." He ranted again.

He disregarded the Bzerti-Manash, and clutched the rock he used to crush the bivalve. He strode to the shapeshifter. "If I find the smallest reason to kill you..." His voice trailed off as he tossed the stone up and down, the green blood of the mollusk painting the surface. "...I won't hesitate to do so." As the silicone had covered the cybernetics, it was impossible to see the mechanical prosthetics underneath. "I'll turn your skull into paste, your skin into leather, and your eyes..." His face twisted into a grim smug. "...well those'll make the best..." his expression formed into a snarl "...decorations."

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Bard Bard Bard Bard Jagson Jagson

Little child looked at him with zero fucks to give. "Really you threaten me with death." They laughed loudly. "That is probably the stupidest thing you could do." They said. "You have to make them feel it. See if you actually threatened me I would cut deep into that sack between your legs. Then I would pluck your eyes out. While you're bleeding and blind I'll cut off those rediculus arms and give you something more suitable." They gave the Wharlu the same snarl he gave them. "Then I'll put a collar on you and make you my personal slave." He smiled sinisterly. " But you ain't threatening me at the moment." He than raised a second finger. "Also this is a public area I can go where I want to."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back