• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
    Strange moving machine.
With bonds cursed and celestial still unbroken, the group had left the temple. It had come to no surprise that Mother’s ‘guidance’ was nothing but a string of words that were tied together with a meaning only she could see; actions always seemed frustratingly difficult for a goddess like her — unless it was imprisoning her own children in the Ring. So much power, and yet, she decided to let their fates rest on the shoulders of three humans. Sehun did not know if Mother had lost her mind somewhere in the Eons, but he detested how something so absolute got pushed into the hands of the fickle.

A test this was, wrapped in the pretense fabrics of a Prophecy; Sehun always loathed things drenched in supposed fate, finding it absurd how they could stand above actual facts. It was illogical to listen to these cosmic voices and allow them to be the only truth, as if anything you have learned, everything you have gained, did not matter. Sehun much rather feast on human minds than divine hearts; one was at least capable of devising interesting ideas, the other just thrived in either silence or punishment.

A game of the gods, this whole situation echoed, with the mortals as pawns, and him and his brothers as sacrifices. Hope, albeit tiny and false, crumbled upon the assessment of these humans; Sehun found it difficult to imagine that these were the ones that could free them. He could see why Mother welcomed the crazily devoted one, but the other two did not seem the types to do well being entangled with deific matters. Panic swirled while anger turned, both emotions had painted their auras clearly, deeply.

Sehun could still see the annoyance flaring inside Minsu as she suddenly yanked him closer, words holding a Mingi-like quality: a sardonic bite if you will. What he had done to warrant such emotions remained unclear— had the humans always been this sensitive?— but to show he had not meant to offend her, now and earlier, he tried to make amends by sharing his knowledge.

Only, his words sounded more condescendingly than intended.

“I see you lack critical knowledge—“ a statement true to him, but perhaps insulting when perceived in a more general sense “— it is true that we have powers, but they are not the ones you imagine we have. Ours are more…concentrated I suppose. For example, I am merely capable of seeing you mortals’ true emotions and communicating with the dead.” A grumbling noise coming from an old kind of hunger; the wandering of the gaze to a white box not too far away, the twitch of a finger.

Food.

He needed food.

“Do you not know of any tailors that could solve this problem?” was the question directed back at Min-su. A pauze, lips pulled tighter in thought. “….You do have tailors here, don’t you?” Discomfort meets bitterness— a voice in the back of his head.

Oh how little you know now…

na minsu.

• mood

wow! i feel so much better now

"i see you lack critical knowledge," her eyes flared in anger, but she bit back a swear as the dokkaebi continued to speak. "for example, I am merely capable of seeing you mortals’ true emotions and communicating with the dead.”

"fantastic, that's gonna help us loads! i'm happy we'll still be able to talk once i fuckin' off myself because of this situation."
she muttered in mock glee, throwing up her hands in unbridled frustration.
"and i assume your brothers also sport similarly helpful powers?"
she let out a noise, an odd mix between a snarl and a sigh that blended into a distinct growl. a growl?

mns stared at him — his stomach, specifically — before spitting out an incredulous laugh. this was ridiculous. she was going to go insane, and this guy was probably still thinking with his gut. what a waste of a handsome face, for him to be so detestable. "do you not know of any tailors that could solve this problem? an actual fair thought, but she'd really been holding out on them not being completely useless.

"...you do have tailors here, don't you?"

ah, that stupidly condescending tone; a thought impulsively popped into her mind, one that minsu considered for barely a moment before her hand clenched into a fist and socked him. right in the abdomen. she'd held back a little, but it'd been enough force to knock the air out of him. she felt her fury wane at the small exclamation of pain he let out. perhaps it was fine they didn't know how to shapeshift into normal-looking people, or lacked any sort of useful power... they might serve enough practicality just as punching bags.

"once again, you crazy bastard, be nicer to your meal ticket,"
she paused, massaging her knuckles.
"maybe they didn't have those in the... joseon...? whatever era you're from. either way, i suppose you have a point."
and it was a rather good point, admittedly. now that she'd managed to empty the anger from her system, there was room for excitement— and she was more than ready to let it bubble up.

with renewed gusto, minsu pushed herself to her feet, a pleased smile sitting atop her lips. she turned to face him. both hands reached out to grab his shoulders, and it was with a firm push that she deposited him onto the seat she had just vacated. her fingers fumbled in her bag for another piece of old candy, one that she tossed lightly to him as she ordered,
"sit and wait here while i go talk to the girls."

satisfied, she ambled towards her friends, linking an arm through ae-ri's as she reached her side.
"my friends,"
she greeted cheerily, head tilting to lean gently against ae-ri's shoulder.
"we are in dire need of a shopping trip."

alarm ghosted across their features, and minsu frowned. it was a moment's pause as she considered her statement, before she gestured towards the dokkaebi with a small nod.
"for them, so we stop looking like a group of historical reenactors and their manager posse, or something."
her voice dropped low in an attempt at discretion, adding,
""you know, make them normal."

너는 어때?

OoOo

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

scroll

bestie

yejun.

mood

thIEEEFFF !!!

outfit

the subway

interactions

the besties & mingi

the meeting with Mother lingers with a different kind of ambiance in the mind of yejun; the astral purpose twinkled in starry eyes as a golden light eclipsed those holy words, saturating them in a divine essence worth the devotion. if this fated meeting had done anything, it was properly cementing the faith yejun already had. and maybe her friends would start believing now too ! all in all, things were looking up.

sacrosanct threads had been woven, connecting a heart that bled for god with one refusing to surrender to them. demons, they were — and always would be in her eyes — but yejun would not be shaken by them; the fear rattling her bones being replaced by a steel determination. as the chosen one, she vowed to carry out Mother’s grand plan to the best of her abilities, even if it meant being in close proximity to wicked beings. truly, she was willing to do anything ! Except maybe…

“you want us to spend money?? on them??” now, teaching these fiends to straighten up their moral compass was something yejun prepared for, but depleting her already mediocre finances was a different story. but my bujeoks ! she cried inside, knowing very well that those were the purchases she had to sacrifice in order to sponsor the clothes. it was a cruel concept of fate, having to concede one part of her religion to uphold the other. minsu was right, though; they looked like a bunch of misplaced cosplayers.

“can we at least go somewhere cheap?” she whispered, eyes narrowing to the one she was tied to; judging from earlier impressions, he would for sure get her into financial ruins just for fun. just like he looks like he is robbing someone no— wait a minute !

yejun rapidly marched over to mingi, heartbeat spiking in her chest. her hand grasped the dokkaebi’s, eyes glaring at the cute silver bracelet between his fingers. “give that back” a tightening grasp, words biting through gritted teeth. her gaze nervously darted over to the innocent girl, who luckily hadn’t realized she had been robbed yet. panicked exasperation billows in the form of a breathy sigh, her form tip-toeing to keep her grip as he lifts the stolen good higher. that dirty dokkaebi… well two can play this game !

“do you want to go to prison? because this is how you get thrown into prison.” it was not necessarily a lie, but more so an exaggerated truth. still, yejun hoped this at least would make him rethink his actions… strong emphasis on hope.

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
idk a mood
outfit
interactions
everyone
tags

kang ae-ri
What was supposed to be a journey to find answers only became one of ambiguous riddles. How they were supposed to fulfill the prophecy when Aeri was sure they were just regular young adults that were trying their best to survive what was called adulthood? Wasn’t that just enough of a challenge? What requirements did the three of them check in order to be the ones that mother saw in them in order to be the ones to help the dokkaebi?

Maybe she was too busy trying to comprehend the trouble they were in; that she barely listened to the conversation that Minsu had with the dokkaebi until she felt the arm of her friend linked with hers. "we are in dire need of a shopping trip." The words of her friend at first caused confusion about why Minsu wanted to buy clothes. When they were stuck in a situation like that one until she reaffirmed it was for the dokkaebi that it was when Aeri realized they were getting more attention than necessary thanks to the clothes of the recent addition to their lives.

“I am pretty sure Minsu wasn’t planning on spending too much money on them, to begin with, Junnie so I guess we don’t have to worry about that.”
Aeri said, trying to reassure her friend that the money in their pockets wouldn’t be gone, or at least completely after this shopping trip.

“I think we need to leave soon before she takes him to jail on her own.”
are said to Minsu at the scene of Yejun arguing once again with Mingi, that was for sure going to be a long day.
Code by Stardust Galaxy

mingi.

• mood

blackmail-y

Mingi's gaze trailed screen after glimmering screen as the steady stream of people passed them by, eyes narrowed in — ultimately fruitless — efforts to decipher what magic was creating the multicolored lights. Nothing he'd ever seen before, he decisively concluded, flashing a smile at a girl who raised her slender brick up at him in what she perhapsthought was discreet fashion. Flustered, she put it away and dashed out of sight. She wasn't the first, and this was getting boring.

His fickle attention briefly wandered to his brothers and, by association, their... keepers. Nothing interesting there, either. Their conversations about food and tailors floated into one ear and out the next with little resistance, sticking only when the feisty one accused:
"And I assume your brothers also sport similarly helpful powers?"

He pulled a face at the reminder of his dilemma, momentarily so occupied with the thought that he couldn't even laugh at Sehun's suffering. He did have helpful powers. Restless fingers picked at each other, hands feeling far too empty again. Restless eyes searched the perimeter for something else to steal his focus.

And there one was, shiny and silver, dangling off an unguarded wrist. People were so relaxed in this era, he cheerily observed. As the girls discussed the finances of getting them new wardrobes for the times — a task they'll surely soon learn was thankless; nothing goes to plan when dokkaebis are around, haven't they heard? — Mingi quietly got to work, the previous loot promptly tossed to the floor in favour of his new muse.

Just as he got his hands on the bracelet, unfortunately, a sudden grip landed on his wrist, along with the familiar instinct to disappear... which, right, he couldn't do anymore. Not that it mattered, when his opponent was just bujeok girl.
"Give that back,"
she hissed, voice hushed and gaze darting about. Her attempts at retrieval, however, was quickly foiled by her own stature, as Mingi dangled the chain over her head like fishing bait. Between his relaxed smile and her anxious figure, it was hard to decipher who the wrongdoer was.

"Do you want to go to prison?"
She threatened, all too seriously,
"Because this is how you get thrown into prison."
Whatever response she'd been hoping for, it surely wasn't a shrug.

"I've been to prison,"
he told her, annoyingly cheerful, almost reassuring in tone,
"never for long."
His blithe laughter was followed by a thoughtful hum.
"Anyway, don't worry, Yejun-ah..."
A nimble movement shifted the bracelet onto his wrist in the same breath that he slid it out of her grasp,
"...the ring connects us so, if I get 'thrown into prison', you know who's gonna be my easy escape?"
He moved his hands behind his back, bending down slightly to whisper conspiratorially,
"You."

Her angry grab at his arm finally succeeded in dragging it to the front and Mingi watched her expression morph into surprise at the lack of a charm bracelet. Ah, he thought, too easy.
"I'd be more worried about getting my new wardrobe, to be honest."
He paused, considering, before pointing with brightened eyes to a passerby's magic tool.
"Oh! And one of those colorful bricks!"

Mingi's eyes softened as if on cue, lips pouting slightly, as his role switched abruptly from blackmailer to unfortunate dependent, as he wondered aloud,
"You wouldn't want me to have to steal to survive, after all, right?"

villain

d.dang

♡coded by uxie♡

KIM WON HYO.

mood you want to take a ... what?

location jogyesa temple

outfit oh, this old thing?

fun fact wonhyo might be dumb - but he loves his family

mention mingi ( triples triples ), sehun ( neon reverie neon reverie ) + the rest of the gang is here too

There was a bounce in his step, a glistening of glee as he trailed behind his brothers and their new friends. “Haechi is coming~!" Wonhyo squealed in delight, weaving back and forth to his dearest brothers, hoping that they would find the excitement and thrill that he felt. Much like a child awaiting Santa’s visit after a long, painful year of waiting, Wonhyo couldn’t contain the excitement of yet another sibling who could be making their potential visit. Haechi - the one who stood up for the injustices of the world. The protector of natural disasters and maintainer of law and order. Who could not be excited for such a sibling to join them? Well, Sehun and Mingi, I suppose.

As the two other brothers continued walking onward, Wonhyo came to a brief pause. He watched his brothers from afar, observing their interaction with the females as they began to talk amongst each other. Why weren’t they excited about Haechi? he sadly thought to himself, his lower lip becoming more prominent the more his mind dwelled on it. More importantly, it felt like every mention of Haechi was falling upon deaf ears. Wonhyo just wanted to share the excitement of seeing their sibling with someone. Anyone.

Why are you sad?

A squeaked voice in the distance asked. Oh? Where did that come from? Wonhyo looked around himself, hoping to catch a glimpse of where the tiny voice may have called out to him. “Down here!” The voice called once more. Tilting his head downwards, he finally discovered the source of the squeaks; a little squirrel. The fluffy creature stood patiently before him, its hands gently pressed against the top of his traditional Hwa. Its nose viciously scrunched and shifted, cheeks flexing inwards and outwards as it tilted its head in curiosity and anticipation.

Oh! Hello there!” Wonhyo finally responded, crouching down into a squat to come closer to the animal. Placing a handout, the creature automatically began to climb its way up, allowing Wonhyo to stand up once more. “I’m not sad. It’s okay” He attempted to convince the animal, even flashing a bright, wide, toothy grin at the creature. Surprisingly enough, animals are a lot harder to fool than people think. The squirrel gazed at Wonhyo - wait, was there sympathy in its eyes? - before nuzzling its cheeks into the side of his palm.

Oh my - Look at that honey!” another voice from a distance said. This time, it was from the voice of a human. Wonhyo moved his gaze from the squirrel in his hand who was offering such warm comfort, and took in the sight of a husband and wife; both with wide eyes, mouths ajar and gawking in the direction of Wonhyo. “That’s amazing!” The wife gasped, pointing towards the squirrel who sat so patiently and well-trained upon Wonhyo’s hand. “Honey, let me see if we can take a picture with him!

The couple quickly made their way towards him, making sure their steps wouldn’t scare away the animal that was sitting so casually on the man before him. “Excuse me sir,” the male asked, pointing towards the animal “We’ve never seen a squirrel like this before. Is it okay if we take a selfie?

Take a… selfie

A… A… Sorry,” Wonhyo felt like there was something he was meant to understand here. A keyword that was just flying over his head, his hands waving above as he attempted to grasp onto it. Alas, it was slipping through his fingers, regardless of how many times it flew right by and its speed. “What is… a… sel-fie?

Oh, honey!” The wife cooed, whacking her husband’s arm “He must work here as one of those reenactors. I mean, look at his outfit.” She then turned back to the confused dokkaebi, slowly starting to fish through her purse attached to her side and offered him a wide, bright smile “If we give you some money - oh, I mean… mun - can we take a picture with you and of your beautiful squirrel?

/*DO NOT REMOVE CREDIT*/

© weldherwings.

na minsu.

• mood

girlbossing or something

"take it as an investment, junnie-ah..."
she said, eyebrows raised,
"just like how you always buy, like, fifty more bujeoks than you actually need."

"can we at least go somewhere cheap?" she'd gotten so caught up in the thought of a spree she'd almost forgotten every single time they scrambled for rent. minsu supposed they could go to the market and get the absolute bare minimum, but... her gaze followed yejun as she flitted off to begin nagging at that sly dokkaebi, eyes narrowing at his face; tall, wide shoulders, a handsome jaw, and those charming features that would suit a perm so well.

ae-ri's voice chimed up next to her, her attention also on the bickering pair. "i think we need to leave soon before she takes him to jail on her own."

"i think floral pants really wouldn't do them justice. but you make a good point."
minsu stated, nodding appreciatively. fraud or not, that goddess seriously knew how to craft a good-looking guy— an S+ face, for sure, and more than enough to conclude that yes, she desperately needed to take them somewhere proper.

perhaps it was time to call in a lifeline.

her hand reached into her bag for her phone as her eyes roamed in search of the other brothers to assess their appearances, too. an inexplicable feeling of pride bounced in her chest when she found sehun (at least an S) still sitting obediently where she'd left him, immediately washed away by confusion when she beheld the spectacle surrounding wonhyo (an S at least, too, but a little too innocent-looking for her taste).

"rinnie-ah... is your dokkaebi in trouble? being haggled, or something?"
she squinted, trying to make out what that brown thing in his hand was.
"and is he holding a squirrel? is he selling them the squirrel?"

minsu let out an incredulous laugh, fingers pressing exasperatedly against her nose bridge.
"sorry, could you please go rescue him while i make a call?"
a request on paper, but minsu didn't give space for ae-ri to answer before she pressed the phone to her ear and waited, patiently, for the dial tone to break into a familiar, hearty voice.

"xiaoying!"

she smiled against the phone, moving away from her friends as she replied.
"dad, how are you?"

"good, good. i've missed you!"

"that's good, dad. could i ask for a favour..."
the answer would be yes, certainly, if she'd known anything of the man who'd watched over her the past twenty-five years, but she wouldn't dare without asking. a bit of a rebel child, yes, but certainly not an ungrateful one. as she spoke, minsu's gaze moved sub-consciously towards sehun; just the slightest bit of pride swelled in her chest to find him still sitting there obediently.

she supposed, in her infinite grace, that it could warrant a reward.

she approached him with quick steps just as her father launched into a ramble about how pleased he was she was finally accepting more help— to be fair, she wasn't really breaking any principles. the money wouldn't technically be for her, and she'd pay it back. probably.
"it's just this once, dad."
his voice faded into a tiny buzz as she pulled the phone from her ear, a hand muffling the receiver as she asked the dokkaebi,
"what do you want to eat?"

너는 어때?

OoOo

♡coded by uxie♡

Strange moving machine.
Confusion crawled at the flares of anger within the girl’s face, his sight revealing red burning like a forest fire, wild and warlike. Sehun did not understand the outburst whatsoever, still convinced in the good nature of his teachings and completely ignorant of the patronizing dance in his tone. If anything, he began to grow concerned for the one with layers of papery humanity, knowing how easily they could twist and tear their minds into a state beyond repair. Surely enough, having such frequent bursts of fury was not healthy?

Sehun opened his mouth, other pieces of knowledge resting on his tongue, before being crushed by a yelp as pain spread through his abdomen. Hands clutched where the fist had struck, eyebrows crinkling into half a frown. It appeared that the ignorant had grown more violent with time, a fact he saved in his library while nursing the sore spot. Perhaps the girl did not like being confronted with her own lack of erudition; humans were sensitive like that. Even in his time, they would rather fight the unknown with useless prayers and curses rather than taking the actions to achieve clarity within the shadows. Sehun never understood how these mortals chose to avoid wit, instead drowning themselves in rivers that crash like most emotions do. It was how reasons became the blame.

It was how static white disturbed the realms, empty eyes and emptier smiles. Awful things of regret, writhing more than they did alive. There was a difference between departed souls and ghosts, but colours or not, their haunting rang the same. Lonely, little beings— he sometimes could not bear to look at them. Hated how his heart echoed similar strains theirs did; the grins in the curse cracked louder and louder, and someone omniscient remained the same white cold eye, a quarter-moon poised above the smoke, blinking, blinking as worlds became ruins. Invisible you are, and always will be, the ghosts whispered.

Just like us.

The hypocrite could only swallow the bitterness stuck in his throat, before pretending to be blind, too. Sehun looked around the vehicle, sharp eyes observing the strange devices in one woman’s hand, examining the blurring of surroundings behind glass. Intrigue hummed beneath the snarls of hunger; if food wasn’t completely dominating his mind and body right now, he would have done well with only a visit to a library. It was a shame that the one linked to him didn’t seem the studious type, Sehun feared convincing her to visit such a facility multiple times throughout the week would be a complicated matter. Perhaps he would need to study her ways of thinking some more, in order to project the right trajectory to her agreement rather than fury.

Sehun watched as Minsu returned back, this time with the same odd device in her hand. He could hear a faint disembodied voice, but that wasn’t the only thing that took him by surprise.

"what do you want to eat?"

He blinked. Once. Twice. A short circuit with wires dangling loosely, before finding ways to connect properly again. Everything, his stomach growled in response. Changui, Pyeonyuk, Jorigae, Jeotgal, Byeolchanhoe, tojangjochi — there were so many dishes he craved now that he had the opportunity at last to eat again. Nevertheless, the curiosity in him was just as big, if not grander than his hunger. Sehun cleared his throat, hoping to hide the desperation drawing stars in those dark, muted skies.

“Something that is popular. I admit to being curious about what you like to eat in this era.” awkwardness stuck to his tongue as another question falls, this time with a conscious amount of practice to sound more polite.

“Could you show me a place like that?”

scroll

bestie

yejun.

mood

why is this my life rn

outfit

the subway

interactions

mingi & wonhyo

it would be someone as diabolical as this dokkaebi to trample even the smallest hope she had for redemption; she could almost feel the metaphorical spit land straight in her eye, hitting her right where it vexes more than it hurts. the infuriating grin he sported shattered any further glass illusions, revealing the rotten soul through the smoke and shards. forget mother’s plan, yejun was close to tearing the fabrics of earth herself and kicking him back into the dark hole – which was 1000% hell– where he came from. knuckles whitened with its tightening grasp, unwilling to let go of this dokkaebi despite the deep distaste. and just as she thought to have gotten back the stolen good, she grasped at empty hands.

"You wouldn't want me to have to steal to survive, after all, right?" a string of curses traveled through the mind, and a dozen more were swallowed. for him to act as if his actions were driven by an outer force was as blasphemous as his existence ! him, the victim? yejun did not know whether to form a scowl or to laugh incredulously at the concept; those hues sparkled nothing but evil intent, his good looks wasted on designs manipulating and machiavellian. his pleading play was mediocre at best, though something in yejun told her that the glaring lack of sincerity was also intentional. the devils rolled their dice and grinned, not because you couldn’t see through their smoke and mirrors, but because they knew how they could tilt the outcome in the roll of your eyes still. mingi was no different, and yejun, surprisingly, responded with sarcasm, feeling particularly inspired by her friend’s manners for once.

“right, because you would definitely live in honesty and virtue if you had the choice. a huff and a glare– it was an unfortunate duo with multiple anticipated comebacks. yejun would call it a win if she still had a few strands of hair left by the time she successfully banished these demons; he really knew how to crawl under her skin and boil her blood. maybe…. her thoughts trickled, wandering into dangerous territory. maybe the crux to beating him at his games would be not to go against him. yejun bit her lip in contemplation. was the answer going with him…? integrity protested while spite roared, virtue and vice in a battle of hearts and minds.

“I suppose we can get you a phone if you-–” she began slowly, only to have something else interrupt the negotiation. eyes narrowed where noise jittered; a dokkaebi on the edge of scamming an innocent couple with a….squirrel? blessed mother, give her the strength…she dashed over to the group, but not without issuing another command at her own cursed link. “you. wait there, and don’t steal anything else!”

placing herself between the couple and the other dokkaebi, she expertly inserted herself in the situation, coughing up the first excuse that sprung to mind. “sorry, he is very camera shy so there will be no pictures! also, his squirrel has rabies!” she grabbed the dokkaebi by the arm, pulling him away from the couple. luckily, they no longer seemed inclined to push for a photo, meaning another pair of innocents were saved from the devil’s schemes. satisfied, yejun began to drag him to where mingi was.

“you should not talk to strangers. it’s dangerous”, she told the animal dokkaebi. her eyes lowered to the squirrel. “and you can't bring animals to where we are going, so i am afraid you have to say goodbye soon.”

and by soon, she meant now, seeing how the metro had finally arrived at their destination. she glanced over to her dokkaebi, who was still playing with the silver bracelet, and let out a sigh. right. best get this over with as soon as possible, otherwise she might very well end up in jail with him.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back