Chitchat The thread for pesky little problems

InkandFire

Professional Lunatic
Heya everyone!

tenor.gif

So, I thought, maybe it would be a nice idea to have a place to share our little weird problems or difficulties and see if maybe someone else has an idea how to solve them.

I remember a forum I've been on years ago where they had a thread to ask for advice for whatever problem, and I've seen it help a lot of people, so why not do the same here?

So if you have something bothering you, feel free to post it here and let's see if we can help each other :3

I'll even start-

I bet you all know this situation-
You have a little problem, well, not really a problem but rather... A difficulty, which you'd like to solve but typing that into Google would probably lead to no result at all?

So do I. o_o

See, my problem is that I have a monocular vision impairment.
I'm seeing only with one eye. The 'bad' one is almost blind.

Okay don't laugh at me now:
I'm used to it, really. I have my ways of maintaining a halfway working depth perception, mainly by looking at the poisition in relation to the position of other things...
That works most of the time, excepting I have to catch a ball or something that moving my way very quickly, but that's not the pesky little problem I'm talking about:

I'm talking about...
Eyeliner.
Yep.
I said don't laugh at me! X'D
See the problem is you usually close your eyes when doing your eyeliner, right?
But closing my working eye results in me seeing absolutely nothing so I have to do the job blindly, which fails, like... 99% of the time.
And just putting a bit of eyeliner in the corners just looks incomplete and weird.

Alrighty, anyone have any ideas? X'3

Learn to do eyeliner with both eyes open! I have no issues with depth perception/lack of vision in one eye but I've always done eyeliner with both eyes open and find it really easy! The "trick," I guess, is to tilt your head up and keep your eyes half closed so that the lid is smooth. Then you just put the eyeliner on!
I'd personally section off a couple hours where you don't need to go anywhere and just practice doing it that way. Once you get the hang of it it's soooooo easy. Definitely worlds better than trying to do it blind!

First of all, you’re adorable!

And I might have a bit of a hack for you if you aren’t too particular about the type of eyeliner. Use eyeshadow as substitute, load up an eyeliner brush with a generous amount of product and slowly drag it over your lashline (repeat until you’re happy with the density), it’ll give you a soft and clean line that requires minimal skill. Then finish it up with liquid eyeliner for the sharp edges (i.e. winged tips). I’ve been doing this for 2 years and the difference is barely detectable. It’s a much lazier faster method and very forgiving of error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back