• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Third Training Ground

The Regal Rper

Mad Scientist
8xghT8f.jpg

General Information

The Third Training Ground is located south-southwest of DWMA, opposite to The First Training Ground. It contains more vegetation, more grassland, and a larger amount of trees and plant life in comparison of the First Training Ground. It takes 42 minutes to get there, by vehicular transport with traffic, 20 minutes without.

One Star Elites and Two Star Amatuers are generally the most known individuals to use this forest as a training ground under authoritative supervision. Few Omegas that take AP sessions have been known to use these forests as well.
Note:The Third Training Ground is also known as Shivering Wallows. It was given this nickname due to the constant chilly temperature the forest has even on warm or sunny days, where it only gets a fraction or so better.

Description
The Third Training Ground is 2 acres long, going 1329 feet by 33.56 feet across. The forest itself has only two lakes; one is located in the third ring of the forest and the second is located in the fifth ring of this forest. Like Silent Stalks, the Third Training Ground has six rings that make up this forest's expanse. Unlike Silent Stalks, there is more grassy vegetation, less gravel, and the training ground has a constant sense of murkiness that starts from the third ring going up to the sixth.

The first, second and fourth rings, have boggy terrain that acts like some form of quicksand at the end of their extensions. The third, fifth, and sixth, have caves and hardened mineral structures in one or two locations near the end of their extensions, it has been rumored draconic entities may inhabit those areas. All the trees that are within the Third Training ground are both sturdy and massive enough to hold up a trucks within their branches.

Security
The First Training Ground is surrounded by two sets of perforated metal panels that rise up to 10 feet and are used to bar off any inquisitive visitors from entering the woods. Both panels are electrically charged to deliver shocks that stun unwanted trespassers of the normal caliber.

Animals
Multiple animals live within Shivering Wallows. The most commonly known are as follows:
  • Drakes
  • Manticore
  • Burlesque Birds
  • Wyvern
  • Ursa Minor & Ursa Major

Last edited:

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

ebdd11a5658a88ca057e804b06f63024.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

The Third Training Ground

• Three hours had passed since introductions, two hours had passed since lunch. A group of individuals stood on pea gravel crudely mixed with sand, small round stones of various colors, shapes, and sizes crunching with the slightest movement or shift of weight. Behind them, perforated gates and a road of asphalt and tar. In front of them, a cold looking forest seven yards away betrayed the laws of nature with its absurdly large trees. Cold air swept through the group at the forest's entrance despite the temperature being in the 70s-80s, logic gave not a care even with the sun shining over cirrus clouds from above.

Miss Amy, as she preferred to be called, scrutinized her students. Six in total. She stood a good few inches away from her lawn chair while Morgana sat in her own- more preoccupied with tying a piece of cloth around the dark furred feline's armored tail than looking at the list of students in front of her.

It'd been a minute going to two, since they'd arrived. The cars had been parked a couple feet back and Miss Amy had made it clear she didn't want any of her students saying a word as she observed them. Morgana gave her sister the silence she needed. When Miss Amy did finally speak, it wasn't to them. It was to her sister.

"Ana?"

"Hmm?"

Miss Amy glanced at their students. Her amber eyes focused on Rodney and Zylon, glanced over Mido and Stein, then gave a cursory pass to Jamey, and Owen. The blonde adjusted her red leather jacket and leaned down to whisper unheard words in her sister's ear. The freckled brunette's hands stopped working with the white cloth as her elbows rested on her lap. Morgana gave Rodney and Zylon a glance then turned her attention towards the forest's entrance.

"On them?" it was vague how she said it, but from what the students could see of the discussion Miss Amy nodded her head to confirm, she didn't bother looking back at the particular students Morgana had been referring her question to.

The brunette's pursed lips turned to a small smile. "Alright, sure. I had intended on asking you that anyway."

Miss Amy turned her attention back to the waiting class. And when she spoke her voice was clear, loud, and not at all friendly. "Most instructors have different methods in how they start the first day of their students. Your training regimes as Betas were no doubt varied when you all first came here. Some instructors, my sister and I included, make it a point to cut off excess fat before we begin our actual lessons. And since there is an even number of individuals here that means you all may have the chance of facing one of us." She sneered. "I look forward to it."

Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul SavingStar SavingStar OnyxReaper OnyxReaper GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Last edited:
Mv3Qgdc.png

YPqWhXx.png

Stage Name: The Dark Eye
Partner: Morgen Stein
Tags: SavingStar SavingStar
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
OnyxReaper OnyxReaper
SavingStar SavingStar GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Six students and these two want to trim the fat? What type of army was this DWMA trying to make? A handful of ideas went through the mind of Mido. A good majority of this could be scare tactics. Psychological warfare. In fact, considering the name of the class, he considered it just that. As the two droned on about the rules, Mido made an active effort to differentiate the factual, concrete statements they made from anything that was unneeded rhetoric. These two were a lot of talk.

Then came the actual instructions. They were playing a game. A game with penalties, but a game nonetheless. Now, there were Mythics involved. That made things interesting. What Mido kept in mind was the ever-present reality of the class: psychology. Whenever psychology began adding rules, they were attempting to illicit responses to interpret the reactions as they saw fit. This was no different.

We cannot pair up until the Mythics are released.

We can work together.

Capture means expulsion.

The rest? Just don't get touched.

Somewhere in these rules were what these sisters were trying to infer from. Where the groups run, if they stuck together, if they went to save their allies--all of these things were likely things that these two were going to gauge. In theory, this game could be played with all six players running in the same direction for a stand-off with the Mythics. That would likely be a poor choice without knowing how capable these mythics actually are. Or, if they were going to pull punches.

Mido was the first to step forward and attain his gear. An earpiece. Standard. The wristband was likely an added precaution for those that could put themselves in greater danger. It was snapped on nonetheless. The bull's eye markers were put on his body after, wherever the sisters saw fit. Kuva had a tail. It was an odd thing to notice at this time, but he felt it important. Womplechimps did not have prehensile tails. He wagered it would make things more difficult.

Nonetheless, Mido turned to face Stein with a grin. "I've already got a plan," he commented.

Morgenstern Stein
Morning Star

1b38480aeef45319ba0e5918a52de2b8--rwby-winter-winter-schnee.jpg

At: First Training Ground | Feeling: conflicted | Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

✕✕✕

Morgenstern had, for lack of a better term,freaked the fuck out over her brother's return only hours earlier. She had fainted, being caught only by Aella Han, one of the new teachers, as well as one of Lord Death's personal weapons.

But, here she was only three hours later, dressed and ready to face whatever it was that these two other teachers could possibly dish out.

At some point in the 180 minutes that had passed between her fainting and this present moment, Morgenstern had changed her clothing. No longer wearing the dress that excentuated her slender, pale legs, she had transformed from the image of a graceful swan to a warrior.

(She was now wearing a long white coat over a blue vest, with tall thigh-high boots in a shade of charcoal, and a ruby brooch upon her neck. Rather than down with her thorn pin in, her hair was tied up into a tight bun, her bangs falling in her face. A sword lay in a scabbard on her hip, regardless or not she'd need it was another thing. She looked older... more mature.)

The young woman finally looked like the Stein she was. Like this, one could see both the grace and regality of her father, as well as the courage and apprarance of her grandfather before him. She looked like a true Stein.

As the Kanker sisters spoke, she listened to what she had to say very carefully. They'd be getting chased around...by a gorilla? And all they had to do was avoid it. It shouldn't be too hard.

But then again, she reminded herself. These weren't normal creatures. These were mythics, something she knew very little about.

Hearing Mido, her partner, speak his mind, she nodded before holding up a hand as if to say 'hold that thought. Immediately after, she stepped forward and retrieved her gear. Placing it where everything needed to be, she walked back to Mido.

"And what, exactly, is this plan of yours?"
She asked him, voice low and uttered in a hushed whisper.

She took a look back at the mythic with the sisters. "Mido, I don't want to get expelled. So I'm going to trust you. I...I've never dealt with mythical before, so this is implement new to me. I hope you know what you're doing."

She paused for a moment. "I wonder what is going on with Tazmuir's group"
She said offhandedly, mostly to herself. "They are with Aella and Ares. There's something off about those two. They seem like they're closer than just student and teacher."

She shook her head. "But why would I care if they're involved with each other. Anyways, what is your plan, Mido?"

tumblr_o4aqacgUy01r4v5w2o1_500.gif

Owen Hartworth
Owen gave a curt smile to Miss Any and Morgana, offering both Nikur and Kuva the same smile, albeit a little wavering as he thought on their previous, albeit warranted aggression towards him; he was as much at fault himself, he'd had time to calm and get a level head about the events of the day, and had felt his animosity and riled up emotions fade a little.

As the two instructors listed off what the students would have to do, Owen kept offering glances to Jamey, checking if he was listening and for any signs of worry, he wasn't good at reading faces or even souls, but I was far better than not checking on his partner at all. He liked Jamey, collected, relaxed, although he had a history with Taz, a bad break-up? Not romantic, business/work or school related. Seemed like that had a problem bigger than just not being together any longer, Owen could only guess at a reason, and guessing seemed more like a waste of thought, with such a trying task ahead of him.

Another slight smile escaped his lips, quickly deteriorating to a worried, silent and solemn groan in his mind as they mentioned their hunters. He'd expected a human or even a mock kishin, though having such an unnecessary danger in school grounds would be a needless thing. He knew the mythics, somewhat; powerful forces to be reckoned with, lucky for him and the others, it was essentially just a game of freeze tag, rather than a legitimate hunt, the two other pairs received his worry, and he turned to Jamie one more time, exhaling deeply and taking up his innate facade of a grin again. Adam had been silent for a while now; no wisecracks or morally questionable statements. It was nice, without someone questioning everything he did or said, he could focus on his own thoughts, decisions and plans. The first thing that came to his mind was depressingly simple, but perfectly practical.

His voice was less meek than usual this time, still inquisitive though as he addressed Jamey, tapping his right index finger against his thighs gently. "If I'm about to be frozen, I'll throw you as far as I can, wait until you're on the ground or going slowly to go back to human form, whacking against a tree would suck, get your distance and if possible, circle back and free me, alright?" Owen shuffled awkwardly "that's a point, you want me carrying you in weapon form? Or only if there's reason?"

As he awaited Jamey's opinion, he took the bulls eyes handed to him and began securing them to his clothes. The first was stuck tight in the centre of his chest, in front of his heart. The next two he clumsily stuck to the insides of his forearms; it meant he could defend every one of his markers by raising his arms to block like a boxer.

((Apologies for the delay and lack of formatting, phones a bit on the Frits and I honestly didn't think I'd have such a busy holiday))

Rodney & Zylon
Rod and Zy.jpg
Tags: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Rodney and Zylon had oddly enough been silent for the majority of the introduction, for the most part. While his green-haired accomplice had made a point to stay stubbornly bitter-faced during the entire trip, her partner had ooed and awed at everything in the most literal way possible. Patting his hands together in excitement, hopping from one leg to the other in anticipation, he was the textbook definition of a little kid in a candy factory. There was no doubt that if he had a camera he'd be snapping pictures of everything around him for mementos. How he could get himself so worked up over what could easily be described as a frozen forest was anyone's guess.

Even as the two teachers began explaining the rules of their game, Rodney nodded in time with every sentence as if they weren't about to be hunted down by some ridiculous pet of theirs.

His partner stayed true to her character and leaned against her gluttonous ally while he listened, arms folded and radiating the same air of general disinterest she managed to hold so dearly to. She gave a sidelong glance to the odd Feline once it had been named as their hunter, which probably could shapeshift or turn into some ridiculous monster thing or whatever. Zylon could often bullshit her way through any test of average caliber and skim by on physical activities through cunning alone, so she was sure she could just ditch the obvious massive target that was Rodney and make it on her own for a while before falling asleep and not caring anymore. That was until they got to the part about the punishment for losing, and the usually lazy student's eyes promptly narrowed.

Unfolding her arms, the DJ stopped leaning on Rodney before scowling and glancing at the friendly fellow with a look of abject dissatisfaction.

Feeling her gaze, the Glutton immediately glanced down at his partner with a questioning expression, but Zylon merely sighed as the Sisters finished their explanation and began giving them their equipment.

"Oooh this is so exciting!" Rodney commented while giddily putting on his ear-piece "I bets there's all kinds of neato things in there, wish I thought to bring me camera and whatnot, I wanna get a good new background for a friend o' mine and this place beautiful with a capital B!"

"Rod, I'mma need you to take this just a bit more seriously than usual." Zylon stated with a groan before grabbing her items as well "There's expulsion on the line here, and I kinda need you."

"Ya worried 'bout me buddy?" he asked before his smile spread wide once more "Now that just warms me ta the core!"

"Well, I kinda have to worry more about you." the DJ said as she put on her earpiece and wristbands "I'm a tight little body more than capable of getting through this without being touched once. You, on the other hand, are like a dump truck trying to hide in a swimming pool. Seriously dude, you're the widest target here don't act like that isn't a problem."

"I like to think there's just more of me to love!" her partner patted his massive stomach for emphasis before placing two of the targets on either side of his chest and the third... he clipped onto his left cheek?

"Do I even want to know?" the Weapon asked while nodding towards the oddly placed target

"I can protect this place the best, Zy-Zy!" the cheerful Meister commented before rubbing at his unmarked cheek "I'm the best at turnin' the other cheek!"

"You do know you're risking your standing at this school for a pun, right?"

"I'm sure someone out there will have a good laugh over it!"

Zylon closed her eyes and took a deep breath before placing her own targets on the head hole of her hoodie, along her collarbone with two on either side and one directly in the center.

"Aw, don't be all down in the dumps, bestie!" Rodney leaned down to chitter at her before wrapping the DJ in a side hug and grinning "We's got us a great locale, fun activities, and one of the cutest things I ever done seen huntin' us down."

"That thing?" Zlyon quirked an eyebrow towards Kuva before frowning at her partner "Are you kidding me?"

"But Zy-Zy! Just look at her!" Rodney gestured towards the feline "Ain't she the most adorablest, fluffiest cutie pie ever?!?"

"And could be responsible for getting you expelled before today's over."

"At least catching me will reaffirm her own abilities to herself!" Rodney shrugged as he finished putting on his wristbands as well "Everyone likes to feel good about their powers."

The two stared at each other for a moment before Zylon shook her head "Goddamn dude, I would just love to live in your world for ten minutes."

"Yeah," the friendly fellow nodded in agreement "I have lots o' fun."

• 3rd Ground

Jamey Chester

WuBpvIV.jpg

Tag: OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

The information about Owen already having some sort of unknown altercation with the Mythics, didn't go unnoticed. Jamey raised a curious brow, but instead of prying he kept silent. Listening to everything being said. But something kept distracting him, and that thing was Owen.

Owen had been glancing in his direction for quite some time now. He didn't get why. Was he concerned about the Mythics? Jamey himself didn't know much about them but he wasn't too worried about this class in general. He'd taken a prep class for it in his Omega year, a couple months after his partnership with Taz had ended and--

Taz Jamey almost froze. Is that what he's thinking about? What my past with Taz is? It wasn't a uncommon thing. Partners generally did like to know about past partners to some extent, if Owen was curious and he did end up asking....well Jamey had no obligation to tell him anything. The only question was, was Owen curious enough to pester?

Jamey preferred not to find out, so instead of asking what was wrong he kept silent. Now sharing his own very subtle glances at Owen by only moving his eyes to get a better perspective of the boy. Looking at Owen now, he noticed a bit of nervousness. Was his spat with those two Mythics really that bad? Jamey thought to ask but on second thought, thought better of not asking. Then he realized what one cause of shocked nerves could be, they were about to enter a forest full of mythics.

They were about to enter a forest full of wild Mythics. And even if they weren't in any immediate danger the very fact that they were going to have to fend themselves against tamed, but trained Mythics, was something to be a bit worried about. Swallowing his own lump, Jamey cleared his throat with an air of calm.

This...would be interesting. Then he heard Owen speak, slightly disrupting his train of thoughts.

"If I'm about to be frozen, I'll throw you as far as I can. Wait until you're on the ground before changing back though, I wouldn't want you end up whacking against a tree hehe...that would suck-- Cover some distance between us and if possible, circle back and free me, alright?"

Jamey merely nodded. "Not a problem" he said in agreement. If they were about to be tagged he'd need to be out of Owen's grasp or both their manacles would activate and then who'd come and help them? Considering what he saw as he'd entered the room between Stein and her partner, Owen hadn't exactly made friends given what the boy's own words had said.

Glancing over at the elated male and his apathetic partner, Jamey wasn't entirely sure those two would be able to help them even if the meister of the two wanted. He glanced at Kuva who was now resting her head over her paws, an ear erect, probably listening to everything being said. It was both fascinating and terrifying how intelligent those animals could be.

Hearing Owen's last question however Jamey merely offered the boy a warm smile. "I see you haven't had many partnerships like this." He gave Owen a warm pat on the shoulder and kept his hand there. "When we match our wavelengths our thoughts are connected. Even at a certain distance we could still communicate but that more or less depends on your ability to focus on maintaining sync. My last partner was able to do that without too much trouble, but that was only when he really focused, can't say I'm sure how it'll work for you. It works differently for everyone you see." Then he sighed, using the other hand to rub the back of his neck.

"Anyway," he said changing topic, "whenever you want me to change into my Weapon form just shout my name, or you can let me know through our thoughts and I can change just like that" he said with a snap of his fingers and then added that with his smile returning.

Grabbing his gear Jamey placed the bands on, put the earpiece in, then took the bulls-eye's and placed one on his left shoulder, the other on his left pectoral, the third on his stomach. In weapon form it'd just be broadly spread out from top, bottom and center of his staff form.

Returning to Owen's side Jamey gave the young meister a small smile. "And don't worry" he said in regards to Owen's nerves. "We should be fine, this shouldn't be too bad."

Mv3Qgdc.png

YPqWhXx.png

Tags: SavingStar SavingStar SavingStar SavingStar
The moment the Kankers allowed, Mido shifted into his weapon form. The neon green of this transformation blitzing through the air once he reformed as a bow within his partner's hand.

'Ignore all other thoughts, Morgenstern. There is no room for curiosity about a battle that is not ours,' Mido told her, resuming their mental bond. Mido already began channeling his own wavelength through his bladed edges, creating the blue-green string between his bow ends.

'Secondly, run. Get distance. Look for a clearing somewhere. We want as few trees as possible. While we run, pour your wavelength into me as a weapon. You need to know what it feels like to make an arrow yourself, if my plan is to work,' Mido instructed her. His attitude shifted entirely once the mission started. It was noticeable even to her. There was no focus on his mind for anything else. Just the upcoming events.

She could even see the simulations he was running in his mind. About how to approach a Mythic. The reason for the clearing. Normally, an archer would want a height advantage, but a Simian in the treeline would likely be more dangerous for them than in the open field. He was considering if they had the speed advantage, or the Mythic. If they had more maneuverability, or the Mythic. What type of special abilities or offensive capabilities the Mythic had but had no debuted. His mind was already processing all of the possibilities, likely far faster than she was--and she had no lack in the realm of intelligence.

Mido was a surprising force--when not flirtatious.

Owen Hartworth

Boo!
Fuck off or I will literally tear you out of me. Important things happening, no time to deal wih you, so keep quiet!
"Looks like it's time to get a move on aye?" Owen grinned at Jamie "I'll trust you'll help look after me?" He let his right-hand, his dominant one reach out and prepare to Grab Jamie "Weapon" and without pausing to think, he shifted his feet against the dirt, raising his heels slightly as he took a deep breath; lowered his body and took off sprinting down Nordis, ahead of the rest.

He'd had enough of Adam's voice in his head, Owen couldn't let himself fail here. He was scared. It didn't matter. He was worried. It made him cautious. Fear wasn't a purely bad thing, without it people will act recklessly, caution can be just as useful as bravery. Admittedly it was less heroic, but practicality over theatrics wasn't a bad thing either.
"Jamie, can I even block with you at the moment without getting frozen? all of your segments are tagged" Owen's soles kept kicking dirt as he sprinted onwards, his soul reaching out to Jamie, his wavelength was gentle and slow like the beat of a drum, like the beat of his heart, steady and regulated, his breathing was deep, slow and calm as he ran "It's best we don't hang around, gotta clear as much distance as possible"

I'm thinking of applying for a stage name, being called Owen Hartworth ain't really that cool on a mission, how about Anima or something cool or even geeky

Owen made a point of talking about something unimportant in his head with Jamie, their connection might strengthen if they could find something in common between them, and talking about little things made Owen feel more at peace.

(Apologies I didn't reply sooner, jetlag and getting acclimated to the country again, nice to be on english soil, but I'll miss the sun :( )

Rodney & Zylon
Rod and Zy.jpg
Tags: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
Rodney clapped to himself as the Kankers neared the end of the explanation, no doubt thrilled by the idea of pulse-pumping fun with friends.

As soon as they finished explaining, Rodney turned to his partner to give yet another supportive comment but instead blinked once Zylon leaped into his arms before turning into her weapon form.

"Get moving." she ordered simply to the friendly fellow before he could speak.

Blinking at the sudden order, Rodney's grin returned in full force before he hefted the bladed grenade launcher that was his partner and turned to the forest. He took off at a happy jog which looked similar to joyous skipping despite the respectable distance it covered.

"Taking things seriously, eh buddy?" he asked with a giggle as he picked an entrance at random and made for it with haste

"One of us has to." she said with a sigh as she narrowed her eye sharply "I kinda need you for this class and I don't want to have to waste my time hunting down another partner who may or may not be as compatible as we are."

Rodney's eyes widened, though he didn't slow in the happy run that he'd settled in "Aw, we really do work best together, eh Zy-Zy?"

"Just, please shut up and move."

"Ya said the magic word, buddy!" Rodney Cheered as he barreled towards Austris with a series of giggles following behind the pair.

Morgenstern Stein
Morning Star

1b38480aeef45319ba0e5918a52de2b8--rwby-winter-winter-schnee.jpg

At: First Training Ground | Feeling: uneasy | Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

✕✕✕

Morgenstern had previously drawn her sword, examining it as the Kankers spoke, listening to their words more as background noise as she slowly drug the thin edge across her forearm, bringing it back and forth.

It was almost like one would play a violin, bringing the bow back and forth across the strings, bringing forth a series of notes beautiful in its own right, but it's beauty almost evergreen when paired with another instrument. And that instrument was Mido. Morgenstern was powerful on her own, and with a normal weapon she was more than capable of holding her own. But with a demon weapon, a living, human partner, she was magnificent.

She had a partner to work with in perfect harmony, much like a piano would in an arrangement with her violin, or the charming, hypnotizing notes of a silken voice

She cast the side glance of her partner before giving him a slow nod, closing her eyes as she did. Then, with only a flicker of light where her blade had once been, there was nothing. The sword was now in its scabbard once more, Mido's bow form in the iron grip of her left hand, her slender fingers wrapped around the smooth wood delicately, but with the strength of iron. "They are with Aella and Ares. With teachers like them, I cannot help but fear for the wellbeing of my classmates."
She chuckled.

She shook her head. AThough, you are correct. That is their fight. This is ours. We do what we must here and now. We shall have time for leisure later."

The young woman, as if tradition or habit before a bond, closed her eyes once more. Lifting the bow, she ran her hand down the bowstring, feeling its texture, elasticity. Next, the wood. She memorized its very surface, feeling each dip, each swell in the gentle curvature of its features.

Nodding, she proceeded to pour her wavelength into Mido, continuing to as she turned and sprinted towards their path. Her speed picked up, increasing as if the wind were carrying her.

"Now what? I don't see a clearing anywhere, Mido."

She looked around, the tension and nerves building. Her wavelength seemingly halted its ministrations, bristling like a feline would upon feeling threatened.

This was only momentarily, though, as it soon resumed its work of permeating their bond and flowing into Mido's weapon form. Though, the high, soprano note of her nerves was still singing in the back of her mind, trying to take over, eye twitching slightly as she tried to focus on their bond, as well as the area around them.

Soon, she stopped. Right where she was. Her mind was working a mile a minute, studying their surroundings through sight, smell. Trying to gauge where they were. Perhaps, once they resonated or formed any thee type of bond, she could see out of his eyes and senses once more.

• Arcas​

Time: 1:44 p.m. | The Hunt Begins​

In and out. In and out. Nostrils flared as deep breathes were taken, in and out. A giant, a head taller than your average bear, stood on his hind legs. Eyes closed, nose poised, ears occasionally twitching as he leaned against a tree. Claw marks fresh, handy work very recent.

Arcas was a beary big bear. The deepness of those cuts across the trunk of the tree was clear enough to show it. Despite being roughly the same age as some of the elites in the One Star class and the youngest of the ones the Kanker's had taken in, Arcas was also a beary skilled Ursa Minor.

A beary skilled Ursa Minor indeed.

Leaves rustled, some were torn off their weak stems and carried away into the chilly wind, that same wind jostled the interstellar nebula that reflected stars off his coat, displayed constellations off his fur, and gave a new perspective to the world of outer space with every small movement he made.

Even if he wasn't physically there, Arcas knew he could cause incredible damage if pushed or strained. It was why in this form, he shrunk himself down from eleven feet to seven feet three inches. It was only fair after all. Whomever Owen was, the boy and his weapon wouldn't stand a chance against a giant no matter how good of a fighter they were.

So, Arcas sat, biding time. And when he did, the petrified wood that lay in pieces on the ground trembled with his weight. In the distance a ball of green light exploded into a fireworks display of electric blue and bluish green energy. Visible through the thick leaves that covered most of the first ring, cutting through the small holes and pores making it clear enough to see and a good enough signal to inform the students and their hunters that the chase had begun.

Sitting for a minute longer, the bear made of stardust rose. First rising to his full height, then dropping to all fours and beginning a steady gait forward. A gait that turned into a faster pace, quicker, more determined. Till Arcas was barreling towards the direction he knew Owen and Jamey were in.

Every time they passed a tree with one of his markings, be it a small scratch, be it a tiny invisible cut, it told him as they passed it by where to go.

It's what he'd been preparing for. It's what he'd been doing this entire time. Marking his territory. Marking his prey.

Rushing forward, Arcas phased through a bush of unnaturally sharp leaves and thorns without so much as a scratch, then without a thought to it, he continued following Owen's trail. Closing the distance now that the time had come. Following his every movement with the gps made from his own claws.
    Tag: OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Last edited:

Owen Hartworth
Owen smiled wide as his heels kicked from the dirt, a feline roar howled through the trees around him and he kept barreling on, his pace had slowed a little since his initial sprint, there's little point in tiring himself before he had to fight. His mind raced as the roar brought on thoughts of Kuva, his speed and ferocity was a problem to anyone fighting him; he'd be manageable if he wasn't intelligent as well; Nikur was the same. He could at the very least expect Arcas to be the same, but that's all he could expect; he didn't know anything else. Knowledge was half a battle, so he'd already failed in that respect; he could help the other students, and it wasn't realistic for him to beat Arcas alone. His mind kept racing, electric flashing through his brain as more and more thoughts piled upon themselves. A concoction of pros and cons, of plans and worries.

Thud Thud Thud

His pace quickened as the light hairs grew stiff along his back; something, he didn't know what, was coming for him, presumably Arcas, but it wasn't impossible he'd been told he'd be targeted by a different mythic as part of a trick. Anything could be expected of the Kankers, or any teachers or staff at DWMA for that matter.

"Hey, Jamie, just curious, any ideas on how we could start a fire?" He chirped up, trying to sound confident, or atleast somehwhat reliable in the eyes of his partner. "Though now that I think about it, burning down a person's slash animals home is sorta rude and also what some like to call 'The American Method'... We really need a proper plan though" He kept his wide smile, but dared not narrow his eyes; at any point something could come barreling from the bushes, it would surely be dangerous no matter what, even if it wasn't Arcas.

Mv3Qgdc.png

YPqWhXx.png

Tags: SavingStar SavingStar SavingStar SavingStar

It seems our time is cut short. You can make arrows, sure. I told you that my arrows depend on who supplies the wavelength--me, you, or both of us. If you pour your wavelength into the arrow and make it, you can add an element to it--but that's not what I want. If you can pour the wavelength you use for threads into the arrow, we can create arrows that leave threads made of that wavelength. My plan is to tie up this beast with those threads over time.

There it was. His plan in whole. Prior to this, it was as if he was keeping it to himself. However, it became apparent that trust and communication was needed at this time. Morgenstern was brilliant, she caught on to making arrows fine, but now she needed to go two steps further and make them so well they could take on the properties of her own technique and use that technique in tandem with Mido. A daunting task for a new duo, to say the least.

But, it was what Mido had in mind. In a way, it was an impressive thought. Not so much as the impressive nature of his weapon form. The wood he was made of was smooth and finished. Perhaps an oil finish on the bulk of his body. As she drew back on the bow, another factor became evident. There was no physical strength needed to pull the bow, which was a definite boon, but more so, the bow itself didn't need to flex. The strength of his wood was thus intrinsically higher. As strong as a steel. Not a soft wood like cedar to be dented at the most menial deflection. Which made sense. The flow of his wooden body into his actual metal protrusion was sweet and fluid, and due to the hardness of whatever dark wood his body was comprised of, the texture difference was noticed more than the reaction of his form. It was almost as if he was more comparable to a polearm than a bow. These were the little details about his form that one would only learn of once they used him for any amount of time.

Rodney & Zylon
Rod and Zy.jpg
"Can't you go any faster?" Zylon muttered as she perched upon Rodney's shoulders as he ran, occasionally glancing behind them.

"Yeah, but if I go too fast then I might run into something!" Rodney said with no little amount of cheer "I'm a big fellow buddy, gotta be careful piloting this much kindness around!"

Zylon rolled her eyes before smirking and checking behind them again, shifting her hood up a bit when she spotted it "She's almost on us, big guy."

"Oooh I'm so excited!" he grinned while swerving out of the way of a tree

"Look," Zylon ground her knuckles against the Glutton's green head wrap "I'm gonna need you to listen to me when that thing gets to us."

"I listen to everything my friends say, bestie." Rodney gave a giggle before looking up at her with a twinkle in his eye "Good friends always listen!"

Zylon felt her groan clawing its way out of her throat, but she buried it under another cheeky grin the moment that overwhelming roar broke out and pretty much shook the entire forest around them. The DJ immediately looked back to try and pinpoint exactly where their pursuer was going to come at them from. Rodney, however, was focused on other things.

"Wow," he said in awe as the roar finally faded "that little lady's got such an impressive set of lungs!"

"You can compliment her on them afterwards," Zylon said before spotting the figure barreling towards them "Incoming."

With no hesitation, Zylon slipped off Rodney's neck and instead dropped to his chest instead for shielding.

When Kuva slammed into Rodney's back, the big oaf actually released an honest to god squeak as he was thrown forward a bit. The sound was so out of place that Zylon had to look up at him in confusion for a moment, wondering what the hell she'd just heard as he landed on his feet with a bit of a stumble. He regained his center of gravity quickly, spinning a bit to aim away from their pursuer.

"That was such a sudden and well-timed charge!" He managed to cheer before he planted both of his feet on the ground and took off again as the Tigress resumed pursuit.

"Dude, you took that like a champ." Zylon commented as she climbed back atop Rodney's shoulders "Mind continuing that streak and grabbing my ankle?"

Rodney glanced to the side questioningly just as his partner turned and planted her lower leg on his shoulder.

While he obliged her request, Zylon shifted her position until she was basically kneeling on the large boy's shoulders facing behind them.

"I'm gonna need you to hold on tight, bro."
she stated "If I fall and break something you gotta pay for it."

"Righty-o!"

Once his grip was secure, Zylon took a breath and spread her arms wide. Soon one of her hands shifted into a large blade while they other switched to the barrel of her gun form "Seriously, bro... no letting go of me."

"When I hold a buddy, I hold 'em tight!"

"That's good dude, because I think that things right on us again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back