• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Theory of Madness

OOC
Here
Ana worked quick, a doctor's efficiency as she cleaned and bandaged the woman's chest, then her arm. Skin barely touched, but when they did it was met with cool leather, rather than an actual hand. She tapped her uninjured arm twice, putting away the leftover material. "You're good, let's get going." She said, rising up, then offering a hand to help Rory up when she was ready. "We should be close."

There was no point to putting her shirt back on, since the large tear had basically removed it's purpose, but she put it on anyway. Promising to herself that she'd change it when they got to the compound. She takes Ana's leathered hand and continues walking, a little behind Ana. She was more the protective kind, she was trained to protect, to observe, to kill. So her knives were out, she took steps while taking circles. She heard the person before she bumped into him. Her hands took their arm and flipped them down in front of her, a knife immediately at their neck and she recoiled. Sorry Lawrence. She smiled before backing away and holding a hand out for him. I've got to stop doing that.

Ana was unaware of anyone else, thinking they wouldn't see anyone until they arrived at the LZ, but sure enough, she felt the shifting in the air behind her as Rory did something, then whisper out a sorry. She turned around and raised her PPS, only to confirm that it indeed was Lawrence. "Velcome back, Commander."

Some distance away, Marcin heard faint noises, the complex patterns of which led him to deduce them as human speech. He shouldered his rifle and raised its scope to his eye and strained to make out the source of the disturbance as he continued to listen. As he looked, he could make out figures, but no distinct characteristics by which he could identify them. His finger hovered over the trigger, but as he considered shooting, he noticed one figure raising a PPS and could make out someone speaking English with a strong accent. He recognized Ana at once, and quickly scaled down his tree and began to creep towards her. The entire group was now visible, and he let out a soft whistle before saying in a quiet tone, "Quite the band of misfits we've got collected here."

OOC: Sorry for the lack of activity, I've been working a lot of doubles lately

"Jesus Christ," hissed Lawrence, acting too slow to fight back at Rory's swift and assassin-like strikes. He barely registered the strike, the grasp, and then the sudden blade hovering by his jugular, only yanking himself away as Rory recoiled herself. His hand was at his neck, worrying it with shaking fingers.
"Only if you know how to use these medical supplies should you pull a knife on a medic." His whisper was sharp, but had a tone of lightheartedness to it.

It was then that he noticed the shredded shirt she wore, and the pale bandages hidden underneath. He looked from Rory to Ana, assuming the wrapping was Ana's handiwork. "What happened? Did you two get into a fight?" Or did Rory fall out of a tree? he wanted to add, but would rather stray from the snarky comments when directed towards a very skilled hitwoman.

He raised a hand to the Major as he appeared through the shadows. Thank God no one actually shattered their legs upon landing, the thought poppped into his head, as he removed his glasses to wipe whatever late-night dew that had grown on the lenses. He was bound to worry about a lot more than shattered femurs where the group was headed.

"Flight complications." Was the response she gave Lawrence with a subtle nod. He then turned to the Major. "Well, I believe that it all of us, where to now, chief?" She asked, seeing as these were the only people on the plane to her knowledge.

Yeah, this whole jumping from a plan and landing thing doesn't really work with me. She pockets the knife. Again, I'm sorry Lawrence, I'm supposed to be on the edge at all times. I really do not take it lightly when people snuck on me, happened thrice before and people still don't learn. Rory somehow restrained herself from throwing a knife when their commander came up to them. I recommend that we move on before I actually do end up killing someone tonight. Rory met brief eye contact with Marcin as she whispered this before whipping her head away. She couldn't prove to be reckless or unworthy so early in the mission or she'd be discarded. Yes, it was necessary for her to always be alert and ready to kill whenever, but it couldn't cost her the team. So she placed a little distance between the rest of them, not enough for them to notice but enough for her not to kill them. The wound on her shoulder stung and she let out a little hiss, hoping that the others didn't pay attention to it. She pressed a hand to the wound and fought through the pain.

"That's the last of the sky diving this squad will do for quite some time. However, I trust we'll all be able to adapt to whatever circumstances we're under. Which includes having team mates sneak around, given this is a stealth mission" Marcin said in a dark tone, meant to overshadow the serious nature of this. "We need level heads at all times. If we let our emotions rule us rather than logic then we're no different from most of the Germans." He made eye contact with Rory for a moment to make it apparent what he was commenting on, then turned to face Ana with a much more relaxed demeanor. "As for our next move, we've got a small hike to what will be our little German vacation home. For the most part, we won't have to worry about anyone finding us in the woods. The problem for us is that we have to cross a few roads that German patrols sometimes use. Ana, if you'll bring out the map so we all can see" he said, gesturing to her as he took a knee on the cold ground.

Rory's jaw was set in a fixed position while her commander spoke. As soon as this is wound is properly patched up, I will gladly resort back to my killing persona. Rory couldn't be underestimated, she was a trained killer and the girl that used to wear dresses and live in a mansion was gone. She wasn't in her usual surrounding, but she will adapt and after adapting to her team members, she'll be able to kill whoever. She was basically there as security and she was ruthless when she wanted to be. But that was her secret for the time being. Her mode of cautiousness built back up when Marcin took a knee and the team seemed to find a route to their destination. Her hands carried knives again and she looked around, listening, observing, guarding. If they wanted her to be committed to the mission, then she'd be committed to the mission.

"Sure." Ana said with a nod, bending down next to him, pulling the map from her satchel, then handing it to him, pulling a flashlight and lighting it so all could see. "German patrols won't be much of a bother, I assume. They have probably grown lazy, this far from the front lines."

"You're correct, they aren't going to be too thorough with their searches if they don't suspect anyone to be in the area, and they likely wouldn't be too difficult to fight." Marcin traced the dark path on the map he had plotted before the operation with his finger as he detailed their route, "We're in the woods up until here, which will be the first road we cross. It's the bigger of the two, so we're going to need to move fast when we get there. The next road is much smaller, so we're not expecting anyone to be there." His finger ended on a fine point at the end of the line, "This will be where we stay, an old German bunker from the first world war that's been decommissioned. We've had people on the inside of the regime check that there are no records left of it and that nobody visits it, so we'll be hiding in plain sight." Marcin stood up and folded up the map placing it into his breast pocket, then slid his rifle off of his back and double checked that he had a round chambered. "Let's crack on then, shall we?" he said as he marched into the inky blackness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back