• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Walliver

Two Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"Never to suffer would never to have been blessed." - Edgar Allan Poe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It began with a stranger in an old graveyard, in the year 2400. The people there were all 3 centuries' dead, no one left alive to remember them. No one to mourn any longer, no one to tell their tales. No one to watch as the stranger picked up his shovel and began to dig.

Five skeletons, no meat on their bones. Five souls gone from the mortal plane. Five people who could be resurrected through the stranger's power.

Five people transported into America in the year 1941, with no knowledge of who they are or who they're supposed to be. All five with powers, given to them to change the world, yet no idea of how to use them.

At a time when war raged and culture fluctuated, five strangers must forge their identities and figure out what to do with their gifts. Without accidentally ending the world, that is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya there!
In case you didn't get it, the basic plot is these strangers from the year 2100 are revived and sent back to 1941 to change the past (I know there's a lot of technical stuff, but I did add in that they're trying not to end the world so...). I wanted to do something set in this time zone, because I'm getting back into history and all that jazz. Also I'm super bored and want to experiment with an idea that had both time travel and some fantasy elements. Onto the boring rules!

Rules:
1. Realistic FCs please! I can't really take a character seriously without a non-animated face...
2. Be respectful and mature! There's a lot of history here, so there will be controversial topics and things that could upset certain people. The cultural state of the 1940s was marginally better due to the war effort and everyone banding together, but there's also what happens after the war and such.
3. Do your research! Have no idea what your character would be able to wear in this time period? Look it up! Fashion in the 1940s was a bit more progressive, so we've got some freedom here, but historical accuracy is second priority (next to having fun with the story, that is).
4. Have fun with the story! This is meant to be serious, but there will most definitely be some fluffy moments!

you can probably tell I've been watching a lot of Mirai Sentai Timeranger lately....

i'd be soooo down.... im a history nerd.... and yes, if any of yall play nazis, I will hunt you down and steal your kneecaps

i'd be soooo down.... im a history nerd.... and yes, if any of yall play nazis, I will hunt you down and steal your kneecaps
Uhhhhhhh
As a fellow history nerd and someone who is committed to the authenticity of historical roleplays, probably not a great comment to make
Especially since this is set in America and that was never on the table in the first place

and as a jewish-born queer comunists, i get murder privileges. i know that may have been a bit out of line, but I get hella pissed... i think the issue is more on that disturbing and dehumanizing trope of romantasising nazis/shipping nazis with jews in death camps, which I think we can all agree is fucked up on every level. sorry.

and as a jewish-born queer comunists, i get murder privileges. i know that may have been a bit out of line, but I get hella pissed... i think the issue is more on that disturbing and dehumanizing trope of romantasising nazis/shipping nazis with jews in death camps, which I think we can all agree is fucked up on every level. sorry.
romanticizing them is awful I do agree

seriously though, this needs a little more attention before Big Sad 2.0 can drop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back