What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Team (A marvel/DC knockoff)

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. LGTBQ
  4. Magical
  5. Meta
  6. Super Powers
  7. Supernatural

Neon Chilli

Just a bottle of chilli standing in a ghost town
Basically, the "God damn" Mantis (Bruce wayne/Batman in every way but name)
Blackbeetlene3.jpg
(The black mantis Molt Winard)

has had enough of dealing with growing restrictions the United nations have put on superhuman heros or "masks"
In a effort to hinder and control the supers who perform vigilante work, the act of donning a mask to deal out justice is now highly illegal... unless you register with the government and work with them.

This has driven the Mantis to form a team of super powered humans who can do the right thing covertly or at least with no legal ties to the US government. The team Operates where ever Molt decides they are needed, this team only answering to
"the Mantis"
Molt Winard has spent years preparing for this in some form or another, his careful nature predicted that the world would one day try and own the masks. With connections inside the superhero world as Mantis and The vast Winard fortune Molt is able to find suitable members for his team.

Which would be the characters you’ll be making.
The Team will have to deal with a multitude of scenarios, as the Mantis is obsessed with fighting crime on many levels.
You could be dealing with...
Common street crimes,
International incidents,
Alien invasions,
Super villians,
The police,
Etc!
———-
This rp is more DC than marvel but even so I've chosen to make it "original" for a number of reasons, the two big ones being I don't want to use the fandom tag and i dont want any back chat about how canon characters should act
. "Bruce Wayne wouldn't...."
"iron man hasn't...." etc etc.
So to make it easier to write manage and play this plot will only involve original creations.

If you want to make a character!
You can have almost any power for your character within reason. Here's some things I'll most likely say no to...
No one gets multiple powers like superman flying, ice breath, heat vision etc etc.
No one is a mechanical genius creating shit on a iron man level.
No one gets anything to do with time, no one is a speedster like the flash, telepathy won't result with easy kills to people,

You can make up a ability but lifting a idea from DC isn’t to bad. I may post some examples below.

Looking for four to six people who can post a few times a week.
If joining Please try your best to spell correctly and have more than three lines each post. A paragraph or two is the minimum

Last edited:

Simpleminds

I'm all over a legally grey superhero team! I have a few OCs that might fit the bill if more people are interested.

Neon Chilli

I'm happy to make the sheets if there is four players invested. In a effort to bump this and show some investment how about we list a example of the characters we'd make?

The hero or designated good guy I had in mind was a teleporting teenager/young man who was more along the lines of a criminal who was paid by Molt to fight crime. With Mantis money backing your life one soon learns to love justice and the crushing of evil.

A baddie i have in mind is a dead pirate whose cursed to roam as a evil spirit constantly working to pay back a debt in blood. The spirit inhabits a body and is then able to construct swords out of energy. The pirate needs to spill enough blood in the name of a ancient demon if he's soul is to ever rest.

20210418_182143.jpg

Simpleminds

Currently I'm thinking about using my OC Marcia "Marcy" Reeves alias Thunderwoman or Slingshot who can cause air particles to rapidly compress or decompress in small pockets around her hands. This can be used to cause sonic booms similar to when thunder occurs. It can also be used to throw small objects at supersonic speeds.

1631144651201.png

BFabulous

How about a Mantis/Superhero fan that went out on their own to do crimefighting, but probably got hurt from inexperience. Their power would allow them to phase through objects and become camouflaged in darkness and shadows. Codename could Ghost, Casper, or Spectre. Their power comes from Kitty Pride from Marvel.

Neon Chilli

There examples alright, great to know people care somewhat.

Last edited:

BuggaBoo

Bumble♥Girlie~!!
Hi! Inerested right over here!

Idea for my OC is like Ghost Rider from Marvel but cuz you can't have multiple powers my girlie will only have hellfire manipulation. Ashes, Soulburn, or even just Hellfire as her callsign.

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
Is this still open by chance? Im looking for a home for a Epic monkey Man.
9FDB80EB-3AAD-43CF-A528-3371592E5D03.jpeg
Don chi Kong, An apeman Chi user with a one track mind in desperate need of proper direction as he currently sits on the fence of Hero and Villain.

Neon Chilli

Yea that can work, though I'd prefer to know what you mean by chi user as a monkey man would already be stronger an faster then humans aha

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
Yea that can work, though I'd prefer to know what you mean by chi user as a monkey man would already be stronger an faster then humans aha
No problem.

basically he would have the average modifications of a Monkey man but with rhe ability to expend Chi in an effort to amplify those stats even further or unleash limited destructive energy. While he can get a sizable boost out of his chi he is far from a master and each additional stat he modifies increases the chi expenditure exponentially. The Ranged energy attacks he can fire are pretty destructive but at their most powerful he could maybe level a large skyscraper or a small city block, at the cost of knocking himself unconscious.
45A30150-2AD9-46E8-85DB-8E014517D2FE.jpeg
his master is a much better practitioner and can use the “true” powers of Chi to heal and manipulate life to a degree, which is a goal that Don seeks but has yet to arrive at. Id say he is about 28% to 30% on his training and his natural aggression caused his master to send him out in the world to temper his fury before progressing into the more difficult and powerful abilities.

TLDR- he can further amplify his stats, can boost his senses, and shoot beams from his hands with comparable destructive power to moderate military arms. If i were to compare him to a hero from marvel or Dc it would be someone like say…war machine, T’challa, Spiderman, Super boy, Or venom enfused bane on his best day.

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
Also he is a skilled martial artist but would maybe make the top 20 and has many who are better in skill due to his relying on his ape man attributes more than skill.

Neon Chilli

I'd rather chi be a bit more straightforward in a sense. It's kinda multiple powers at this point.
Ignoring that a monkey man would have different muscles which is it's own "power" in the way of super strength but if the super strong guy can also use chi to be faster, more durable, stronger but also blast energy projectiles.

Then those who are better can heal and "manipulate life" to a degree.

How about chi is either a energy one can project like Ki attacks, "destructio disc" "hadoken"
or
a energy one can use to enhance themselves, "being momentarily faster"
"healing by concentration" etc

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
I'd rather chi be a bit more straightforward in a sense. It's kinda multiple powers at this point.
Ignoring that a monkey man would have different muscles which is it's own "power" in the way of super strength but if the super strong guy can also use chi to be faster, more durable, stronger but also blast energy projectiles.

Then those who are better can heal and "manipulate life" to a degree.

How about chi is either a energy one can project like Ki attacks, "destructio disc" "hadoken"
or
a energy one can use to enhance themselves, "being momentarily faster"
"healing by concentration" etc
Thats basically what i mean just explained waaaay better.

I even have named attack ideas in mind. But yeah his stat mods are very brief bursts rather than sustained enhancements. I just used superboy as an example of his upper ceiling and such.

The healing and “life manipulation” is just the fancy chi master stuff like Sakura style healing ninjutsu, or making a flower bloom and is honestly meant to be outside of his reach for the vast majority of the story.

As for weaknesses any Superior Chi practitioner can be a serious threat, and magic users who understand how chi works could really ruin his day by sealing his chi, using his own power as a battery for their spell casting etc. also someone like Mongul, Thor, Hulk, etc would likely stomp him out on his best day.

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
Oof. I just noticed you said “or” not “and”.

upon that realization ill just retract the character as a whole. I dont want to remove his mystical development arc by having him be so offensively focused and not have the capacity to grow into the “Jack of all trades master of none” archetype.

ill think some more and come back. Im still interested in this world just need to make a better fit.

Neon Chilli

I think the character works fine as to start with his power would be mostly monkey based and he is learning how to use chi.
His master probably taught Molt at some point and sends him to the Mantis for instruction or whatever.
Just gotta finish this sentence to figure out what chi will be aha

"Chi is the energy in all living things, only through practice and discipline with the right martial arts can one use chi which is..."

a projectile blast/beam
Or
A way to enhance the body using the mind or some shit
Which means bursts of speed strength or heightened senses etc

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
I think the character works fine as to start with his power would be mostly monkey based and he is learning how to use chi.
His master probably taught Molt at some point and sends him to the Mantis for instruction or whatever.
Just gotta finish this sentence to figure out what chi will be aha

"Chi is the energy in all living things, only through practice and discipline with the right martial arts can one use chi which is..."

a projectile blast/beam
Or
A way to enhance the body using the mind or some shit
Which means bursts of speed strength or heightened senses etc
If your mantis is going to he one who was trained in it i would think that the enhancements would be the best fit. And while im willing to go with that for sure and have Don be going to learn discipline from mantis

but hear me out…
8D63895B-B475-4484-BD14-97560EF3DC78.jpeg
Mystically modified Ancient roman Werewolf?

basically a guy whose only real power is longevity and a werewolf curse that grants the typical werewolf powers of senses, regeneration, strength and speed. The magic enhancement basically allows him to access the form at will and removes his weakness to silver at the cost or also removing his resistance to other damage so he is basically just a big buff wolf with fast healing. He would have ties to themyscera and the amazons, with origins from Artemis and A modification from Ares meant to make him more deadly.
BBC562E6-3DCF-4401-9BAD-A3D5F930AF51.jpeg
this captures the desired mystic element while removing the climbing boosts that make his power hard to scale and balance, plus his long life could he useful to one like mantis. In addition i planned on having him historically be sealed in a cave about 1100 years ago by the Native americans who once lived in Gotham…meaning this wolfman could be a prior foe of Mantis who was let off by him for a.) not really being a bad man and not doing anything unforgivable.
b.) he maybe helped him deal with a threat that was a bit more than either could handle alone.

Neon Chilli

That sounds cool and original. The only thing I'm not liking about it would be how fast/effective the healing factor is.
As we can't have deadpool the werewolf or death just never being a threat at all lol

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
That sounds cool and original. The only thing I'm not liking about it would be how fast/effective the healing factor is.
As we can't have deadpool the werewolf or death just never being a threat at all lol
Id say its like the old school wolverine. Flesh wounds heal in Minutes to hours depending on placement with the low end being 3-5 minutes and the high end being 40-50. Broken bones in hours to days depending upon quantity. with organ damage and missing limbs being Days to weeks.

As for death id prefer if he couldnt actually he killed permanently as thats kinda important for the long life and sealing narrative.
But lethal damage does stop him flat. You lop his head off and he is effectively dead without an afterlife until its reattached and then he must heal the wound for a few hours to a day. But in short he cannot bring himself back from death and even if he isnt say decapitated. A shot to the heart would still be effectively him losing any fight as Regrowing his heart could take as long as a month and he would be in a state of false death the entire time where his cells are not decaying but he isn’t exactly alive.

in short he would not die, but is very much defeatable even by the likes of Punisher or Kraven the hunter if they have the skills and tool. Someone with the right plan can actually get him out of the picture for hundreds of years like the Natives did.

hopefully thats fine, i dont intend for him to shrug anything off or be anything close to unbeatable, in fact i would make a pretty solid arguement that Don Chi Kong could actually beat him in a fight pretty consistently like 8/10 times.

Neon Chilli

Don kong could apparently level a city block with his chi beams, of course he would one shot a hairy Roman aha

Either way
Id say its like the old school wolverine. Flesh wounds heal in Minutes to hours depending on placement with the low end being 3-5 minutes and the high end being 40-50. Broken bones in hours to days depending upon quantity. with organ damage and missing limbs being Days to weeks.

As for death id prefer if he couldnt actually he killed permanently as thats kinda important for the long life and sealing narrative.
But lethal damage does stop him flat. You lop his head off and he is effectively dead without an afterlife until its reattached and then he must heal the wound for a few hours to a day. But in short he cannot bring himself back from death and even if he isnt say decapitated. A shot to the heart would still be effectively him losing any fight as Regrowing his heart could take as long as a month and he would be in a state of false death the entire time where his cells are not decaying but he isn’t exactly alive.

in short he would not die, but is very much defeatable even by the likes of Punisher or Kraven the hunter if they have the skills and tool. Someone with the right plan can actually get him out of the picture for hundreds of years like the Natives did.

hopefully thats fine, i dont intend for him to shrug anything off or be anything close to unbeatable, in fact i would make a pretty solid arguement that Don Chi Kong could actually beat him in a fight pretty consistently like 8/10 times.
That's pretty acceptable, once I read a sheet I'd be able to say yay or nay

Users who are viewing this thread