The Teahouse

I will edit a roll in there, then.  What's the appraisal going to do?  Mechanical or elsewise?

Roll added~

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, balls, I forgot to port over those rules.

Hyper-Appraisal allows you to spend 2 Essence for a bonus die, up to Resonance (so Harrow can spend 4 Essence for +2 dice) when evaluating an object or structure. This can also apply to sentient beings, in a level or two - measuring the courage of a man at a glance.  

You can use Rendering to rip it out of him, then, and forge it into something useful.

Fluffwise, do some hard staring and glowing eyes as you strive to unravel the essence of thing and appraise it's manufacture. 

Toys for Harrow. I forgot the exact numbers of Hyper-Appraisal - we can keep rolling you want.

Hyper-Appraisal – Spend 5 Essence to add your Resonance in dice to any roll to assess value or detect weakness

Craft-Savant – Spend 10 Essence to add a Craft Focus and Knowledge for a specific project, or 2 Essence for a bonus die on an existing Craft Focus for every hour spent on a project. This allows you to use materials which shouldn’t be fit for the purpose, such as glass from bone or swords of paper.

Integration – Integrate devices and objects into the body. 1 Essence per Condition replaced with machine.

Rendering – Rip Attributes, Skills, and Advantages from other characters. They will be reified as physical symbols which can then be Integrated or fashioned into items. Essence cost by case.

Also for Harrow.

The blade is well-made of mortal steel - crucible steel, you would think, of middling quality for the kind - forged by someone practiced yet not a master.

It is, however, bound by a mystic link to its wielder, a synergy of steel and soul effected and tainted by an ancient blood-curse.

Clearly, this warrior is a vampire and you feel no instinctive or spiritual loathing. A vampire, yes, cursed, yes, and yet not among the ancient bloodlines known and despised by Demonkind.

Also, what's this about demons vs vampires? I'm new to the lore of this world.

It is a mystery of the setting, actually. Very few characters know - the only ones guaranteed to have any idea are the Princes of Hell, and the original Vampires. Or any other creature with a lifespan of millenia. 

Oh well now I really need to give Harrow Integration... and thank you for the infodump and toys :D

It is getting late - will crank out a quick response for Wix before sleep, talk more tomorrow.

I think even Harrow's penetrating stare can't get through a visor. Yet.

He might have been trying to peer through, though - what style of helm is it? I've seen a few examples with a bit of a grille on them.

b4b4691d9b8832620c0f68501df153a6.jpg
second from the left

I find it amusing that Harrow and Viv both assume Gharkia has ulterior motives/knowledge. Makes sense, but really, he's being the amiable fellow that he is. One glorious day, I will see to it that he shows what it's like when he truly behaves the Wrath demon.

Perhaps a word of advice - and warning - would suffice to pay for their passage down the road? Gharkia was disappointingly still for one who intended to accompany the impatient monk.

Jerk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back