• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Tattoo (Redone)

RoyalPhoenix32

The Royal Phoenix
不明な雄大な勇気
Unknown Majestic Courage
IC || OOC || CS

You decide to get a tattoo, for whatever reason, and your friends or recommended by a family member told you of this tattoo parlor. Awesome and professional with clients is what they say to you, skepticism is what you think of what they say. Until you visit the place to see what it is like, you'll have your opinion of what could go wrong. The day you arrive at the shop alone, or with a few friends, the sign above the shop had odd words in Japanese for courage, unknown, and majestic. How you know this? Internet or a friend pointing out what the letters mean. With a deep breath, you enter the parlor to be meet by herbal smoke and someone in the back yelling out "Be right there! Please look around for now and once I'm done, I'll help you!" before one of your friends/ a fellow tattoo client tries to be smart and knock over a smiling Buddha statute but, a heavily tattooed hand stopped it in mid air. Blue tattoos of different designs ran all over her hand before setting the statue on the counter. A woman, looking to be in her teens and wearing a glared at your friend.
"Don't try it again, idiot. I'll remove you from the shop and barre you from entering if you try that shit again. Now, the names Reika. Mana is in back and be the one to put your tattoos on ya but since your newcomers to the shop, half price for now. I have a book for simple tattoos, all newcomers have simple tattoos from us. Nothing outrageous is never recommended to first customers at our parlor...Trust me on it, my friends. Simple can lead to more complexity in time...Also, abide by the shop rules. Don't want anyone being a smartass."
She said while pointing to a sign and her last statement was pointed to your friend/ the client. The rules were in both Japanese and English. Though they sounded strange like, 'don't try to demand to know the nature of the ink.' and, 'Tattoos are permanent, no amount of effort will get them off. Even if you try the damned remover on them.', you shrug them off and filter them to the back of your head for the future. From the book you choose '_____' and relay it back to Reika. She smiles and tilts her head with her hand under her head.
"Well, '____' finally gets someone to wear it. Do try to take care of it."

She said before a lookalike came from the back but with red tattoos instead of blue. She seemed so much friendlier than Reika. She greets you and your friends/fellow client(s) with a handshake and smile.
"Hello! Welcome to Unknown Majestic Courage! I'm Mana and that grumpy woman behind the counter is my twin, Reika. Have you all picked your tattoos?"

A friend of yours/The client wanted something more complex and rad but Mana shook her head. He/she was talked out of it and went with '____'. Mana smiled before ushering each one of your friends/fellow client(s) to the back, one at a time. You wondered why it took so long for a simple tattoo to be done when you were called into the back. Herbal smoke billowed around you and you momentarily thought you were on a stone floor with four girls at your arms and legs with wooden stakes. They knelt and began to pierce your hands and feet, spread wide to either side of your body, before you awoke to Mana's smiling face with ink gun in hand.
"All done! '___' looks so good on you! Well, Reika will ring you up! Have a nice day!"

She said before helping you up and out the back. After you paid for the tattoo, you couldn't help but wonder if that daydream was real and why your skin felt odd from the ink. You pushed the worry to the back of your head and headed home. It was only a few days after that your skin felt like either it was hot, cold, a breeze brushed by it, heavy and wet, and finally, dusty and gritty before having something appears in your hand. Questions ran through your head and you decide to head back to get answers but as you enter the shop, you hear the sound of sand under your shoes and discover you are on a beach with your friends. But no tattoo parlor or the normal signs of civilization aside from the small path leading to somewhere....
Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Rules

1. EVERYONE starts at a simple kanji of either fire, wind, ice, water, earth, lighting, sound, and shadow. Not taking suggestions at the moment, but if you do wish to have one you want. Pm me and we'll talk.
2. Try to post at least 4-5 times a week most, minimum is 3-4 times a week.
3. Everyone is human but if you want to be another creature, pm me and we'll talk. It'll happen further in the rp.
4. Follow the rules of rpn
5. Basic rules of courtesy apply here: 1. Be respectful to others. 2. No one likes the troll/asshole who ruins everything. 3. What the co-mod and I say, goes...I'll be lenient to a point but don't push. 4. Some drama is nice in the IC but if rl drama spills into the rp and begins to sour everyone's experience...I will take measures.
6. Have fun
Roles
Its not a first come, first serve type of rp. There will only a couple people per kanji.
Lore
(found from a book on a shelf in the tattoo parlor, seems old but very well kept) The tattoos originated from a shrine deep in a mountain where people gave up their pain so they weren't burdened in life. The bearer of the tattoos was branded by their pain and wore the pain until their service was ended. It is unknown on if the shrine still exists or if the bearer of the tattoos is still in the shrine. But it remains a fact, the ink used in the tattoos is a closely guarded secret of the shrine maidens and priests of the mountain. On a latter note on the location of the shrine, an island... (the rest seems to be obscured by age.)

Hello~! Nixie here with a redone idea I've done in the past but never got around to post the IC. School got busy for me and life got really hectic with it but I will try my hardest to make this a rp fun. If anyone has any questions on the rp or what it means in general, let me know either here or pm.

Last edited:
Definitely interested. Do you have a set max number of people for each kanji, or will it be based on the amount of interest you get?

Interested. I'll take dealer's choice on kanji. Should I match my character to the kanji? or just plan a character and have them react. I think the latter option is better, but if everyone else themes their characters around the kanji, I'll do it too.

So do we get to make up powers?

At first all we're told is: " EVERYONE starts at a simple kanji of either fire, wind, ice, water, earth, lighting, and sound."

But then on the character sheet you went into detail about Shadow, which wasn't mentioned at all previously.

eyflfla eyflfla Hm...Yes and no. You gain a very small control over a broad spectrum of a certain element but where you head is up to you. But yes, we learn as we go. I do plan to have this storyboarded so i don't loose track of where this is heading. And possible events along the way. Also made a small adjustment to the cs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back