• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Tale of the Research Station Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Her interest only seemed to intensify, the young pilot’s nose twitching slightly. “That is understandable and quite true.” Asera murmured, resting her chin atop her knees. Her eyes flickered across the room at a constant rate, trying to remember even the smallest details of her new companions and the holding bay.

Guiliates gathered information from sight and were rather skilled at quick memory recall, anything could be useful in a event that their life may be in danger. “Well, I do already know your names and professions thanks to the files. So I’m not sure what to ask, is there anything you’d wish to know about me?” Asera pressed a button on a small device poking out of her ear canal, smiling to herself as a tiny robotic voice read off a series of code to her. It was a simple feedback earpiece, with it she could hear updates on their course whenever she wished.

The route would slowly increase in difficulty when they would draw closer to the station though, she would have to return to cockpit once they had reached a area of space that she personally called ‘the void’. It was like a dense pocket of blackness, and hardly any stars to provide light.

Last edited:
Warren also took note of everything said as well as what Alex about his emotions, not the first machine man to say that, and honestly it was getting a tad cliche considering it didn't help some of them from getting torn apart but didn't really bring that up cause t didn't really matter to the problem presented to them all.

while the denial of anxious was a lie, he could read it all over Noreen, in every aspect of her she showed weakness, Alex hid his weakness but it existed despite.

Noreen, quickly getting bored with waiting and playing the victim spoke up. “Hey, anyone up for some sparring? I’m sure there must be somewhere on this ship to fight...”

"While I would take you up on that offer if you could find a room big enough, but you should be conserving energy and stamina and sparring with me would certainly be draining on that." Warren swiftly replied to Noreen.

Noreen glared at Warren. “Listen, I’m fully aware of the fact that pretty much everyone here thinks I’m a liability. You’d have to wonder why I was here if I were so weak right? Yeah, sorry sweets, I’m not. Thanks for the concern, but it’s a little misplaced. If anyone needs me, you can find me practicing on my own.” She said as she walked casually out of the room. Stimulation was helpful for her to get her mind off things, and she was almost fully healed at this point. Hm. Wonder why everyone here seems to pretty much hate me...
Noreen retraced her steps back to the room that Warren and Krieg had been looking into before. Throwing her thoughts aside, she tensed her muscles and started practicing.

“That was somewhat...” Asera didn’t bother finishing the sentence, it was probably for the best not to. “I never thought of her as a liability.” She seemed extremely confused, her eyebrows raised. The pilot hopping to her feet and stretching for a few moments, it was extremely difficult for her to stay still for a long period of time. “I would have offered to spar, but I’m afraid that I would forget about the mission and endanger us.” Asera shot a glance over at Warren, as if searching for some answer as to what happened.

Warren didn't respond other than glaring back as to imply she should look for answers someplace else, he was sure however that Noreen was insecure, that said it was far from his main concern on this mission.

Alex sighed as he stood up and headed down the hallway "Why do I always have to be the people person?" he mumbled. He liked dealing with machines, not people and yet he always seemed to end up playing psychologist and soundboard for the most random of people. He found Noreen exactly where she'd said she'd be. Practicing alone. Her form was good, well trained but..."You do know that self practice just helps ingrain bad habits" he said walking towards her "Most people are incapable of seeing their own faults, self reflection is one of the more difficult concepts for any species"

"Ironic given that most people are also deeply aware of their own insecurities. Take your assertion that everyone aboard this vessel sees you as a liability. Given that we haven't known each other for very long, it is illogical to assume that we have any preconceptions towards you or anyone else one way or the other. It is more likely that you consider yourself a liability"

He waved his hand before sliding into a stance "With the limited information I have accrued and given your ability to fight coupled with your impressive regeneration capabilities, I would not say that you are a liability. If you posed any threat to this mission, you would not be on it in the first place" he would accept her desire to spar. Warren was wrong that one needed a big enough room, close contact sparring was viable in small quarters. Less footwork and more focused towards pulling your opponent off balance.

dazzling dazzling

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Noreen smirked, already knowing where was going. "Thanks, but I think our friends Daili and Warren made it clear they think so." She said, flicking her hair back. I just need to get him on the ground, and I'll have won. Noreen threw a right hook at his jawbone, already anticipating his response.

Moritz watched as Warren and Noreen returned to the cargo bay, noting the pause in Warren’s movement towards Moritz. It would seem the chimera knew something but at the time-being it did not matter as any knowledge he might obtain here from mere observation would not affect the mission’s status yet unless it was raised as a problem. But before long Moritz returned as well, listening to conversation and watching everyone, though his own conversation was held within his head. “Die Schimäre weiß…The symbiote, companion for the past century was voicing his worries about the knowledge of Warren, it was obvious he was thinking about the mission much.
“Krieg, it does not matter if he knows. He has no need for worry about it until it becomes a problem. I WILL ensure that you do not become a problem on this mission.” After this little quiet mumbling comment back to his counterpart Noreen and soon Alex heading after her. It would appear that they were off to do something, both maybe the same or different but he would gauge that upon their return for the briefing. The pilot had joined the rest of the crew before he had returned it seemed as had begun conversation with some of the other members but Moritz interest shifted towards that of the quiet Colonel from ONI…

“Colonel!” He spoke up, looking towards the chosen leader and made a movement with his hand as if calling him over. “I wish to have a moment of your time.” Moritz had been thinking upon what may occur aboard the station and thought it best that maybe him and one other knew what he knew, at least to the best of his allowable knowledge. Restrictions were still in place after all upon his knowledge.
Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor

Panthera Leo.
[Mentions: dazzling dazzling Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Zeev Zeev S Shibe

King listened attentively to the briefing. A research station going dark is not a very good sign. He looked around at the teammates he was in transport with. A variety of characters each with their own special abilities and personalities. He had once a crew where all were different and special in their own way and this was no exception. The professor introduced the medical doctor who looked like she had undergone various cybernetic transplants and she looked very serious. The pilot was also introduced by name though. The Colonel was mentioned and he looked old and looked like the guy to give you advice whilst cutting an apple with an army knife. And when a guy like that gives you advice, you should take it.

But there was one person that he wants to get acquainted with. A cyborg named Alexander. he doesn't know his face yet but he is very much interested in knowing who he is. According to the briefing, the station is offline running on emergency power and according to his training each system runs on its own network to prevent hacking so with the help of this Alexander, they can work up a plan on how to reactivate the station again. After the security team has established the station is okay.

Then hell broke loose. Apparently a member of the security team collapsed. If that wasn't a good start on new territory, i have no idea what is. Luckily the new doctor was up to the task and she was as good as new-ish. After that everyone returned to the cargo area to deliberate or something.

"So far," King spoke up finally "I guess all we have done is collapse due to old injuries and bickering at each other. Neither of those actions have progressed our mission. I can understand the adrenaline of a new environment and what not but if you want to fight, I won't butt in but can we do that when we have the station operational? There are still no lights and the gravity is not that stable. So can we shelf our differences for now till we can see each other properly?"

Alex's response wouldn't be exactly what she expected. He didn't avoid her fist and instead let it hit him dead on. The result was less than ideal. His jaw was like solid granite to her fist. Even then he was a little surprised at how strong she was.

With a twist he turned his back to her, his hand coming up to grip hers as he kicked out with his foot to knock her off balance as he made the attempt to flip her over his shoulder.

Meanwhile, his voice came over the intercom near King "Our differences are why we are here in the first place, it is more logical to set aside our prejudices" his ability to parallel think was useful in these situations. He could transmit his thoughts through the intercom while focusing on the spar at the same time.

dazzling dazzling CkSmalling CkSmalling

Noreen pulled her hand back, knuckles stinging. Before she had time to react, a sharp kick tossed her back. Everything slowed down, and Noreen smiled a little bit. Alex flipped her over his shoulder, and she let him. Using the momentum, she wrapped her calves around his throat, so she was hanging upside down, her full weight pressing back. Uncurling her wings, she shot up into the air, bringing Alex with her, not going too far so that the drop wouldn't hurt.

Warren heard the thuds and sparring over in the next room, he probably would have sparred but he wasn't in the mood to hurt anyone and the Nanite android was probably the only thing that could take him one on one, that said Noreen while she was a talented fighter she was still green, and the random sickness of cutting herself open probably didn't do her any favors.

but of all the people on this ship it was Mortiz who he should be afraid, he could break him like a twig if needed but it wasn't his bronze or brass that made him crazy, it was whatever was crawling around in him and what he isn't telling us about the station.

Last edited:
Well it seemed it was time to get on with the plans, it would appear the team Commander had taken the decision to rest before their deployment, so it was best to get on with the briefing. So walking to the wall and pressing a comm’s button he spoke through the ship’s comms. “This is Professor Moritz, Everyone report to the loading bay for a pre-mission briefing. That is all.” With that he released the button and turned around, looking to their pilot. “Just so you have time to return to the pilot’s seat before we reach dark-space and spare us any possible collisions.” Looking to every he took place in the center of the room, awaiting the other members.

CkSmalling CkSmalling Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Zeev Zeev dazzling dazzling S Shibe GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

"Not the worst place I've been in" Alex said before he inexplicably twisted his spine backwards "Thing about wings, at least from my studies into mechanical ones, is that they have a central muscle. Strike that and the wings fall out of sync." his twisting motions brought his foot in contact with the space between her wings.

He dropped to the floor unceremoniously and paused when the comms called them all together "Seems we will have to continue this another time" he said standing up and dusting himself off.

dazzling dazzling

Noreen tucked into a roll as she fell, bringing Alex with her. "Nice move. Most people don't think of that. I'll have to improve next time." Brushing herself off and tucking her hair behind her ear, she headed back to the bay.
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Asera gave a nod towards Moritz, folding her hands behind her back and straightening her posture. A common thing her kind did during military drills. “Thank you, Professor.” She kindly replied, offering a tiny smile. Now was the time when things were going to get serious, dark space could hide anything in its void. Possible asteroids, old satellites could be drifting about out there, or any thing of that sort.​

Warren entered the loading bay as stood ready , standing in the corner for the rest of his crew mates to begin the briefing instead of get into a piss measuring context with one another on who is the better fighter. he leaned against the wall still eyeing Mortiz the whole the time and seeing if he'd react or flinch or something...

he looked over at the stalk still silent commander waiting for him to do something as well, the briefing was about to begin.

"Always make note of your weak points. Anything can be used against you" he said as he followed her. He looked at Mortiz and nodded before finding his place and resting while waiting for the others. He was curious enough about this situation they were all heading into. He never understood why this information hadn't been given to them prior to beginning the mission. He could have filed it away and made contingencies for things going wrong.

He nodded to Warren and Asera as well. He could at least trust in the skills of those in the group. They were specially picked. Which reminded him, he looked around to catch sight of the Doctor. He still wanted to pick at her design and figure out how she worked.

dazzling dazzling Zeev Zeev S Shibe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back