• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tale of the Fox and the Bat

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
[class=surround] border-radius:25px; border:6px solid silver; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/65/6e/f0656e1ecddff7f8221d05ed2db1d33e.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; width:97%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=mainpic] border-radius:75%; border:4px double gold; overflow:hidden; width:18%; float:left; [/class] [class=text] border-radius:25px; text-align:left; border:5px double darkgreen; width:70%; margin-left:8%; display:inline-block; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class] [class=title] border:3px solid darkgreen; width:35%; margin-left:27%; display:inline-block; text-align:center; background-image:url('https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/leaves-pattern-design_1250-68.jpg'); background-size:10%; color:crimson; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=Paigi] font-size:400%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=Stratioti] display:inline-block; font-size:400%; [/class] [class=token] display:inline-block; width:21%; [/class]

Chapter 1

A Cage In Another World

• [div class=surround][div class=title][div class=Paigi]Paigi[/div] [div class=token]token_1.png[/div] [div class=Stratioti]Stratioti[/div][/div][div class=mainpic]
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text]
    "It'd be nice if I didn't rush to grow up this time"

When had I said that? I recalled a bright light, so bright it could outshine the sun, and yet I could look at it, it was warm and kind, it felt that way deep inside. Nothing like the dark and grey place my sight revealed to me when I managed to look at my surroundings again. When did I get here? Who was I? The name "Paigi" popped into my head, as if google had been installed in my brain and was offering a suggestion. Everything that came before this damp ruined place was so... blurry. Something was amiss. My chest felt heavy, as did my head. Did I bump it somewhere? I didn't recall ever drinking alchohol, and certainly not enough to end up in a place like this. It seemed like the ruins of some kind of medieval architecture, made up of dark stone. Dust, ashes and spiderwebs were everywhere in this place, even on the broken staircase which suggested wherever this was had once had multiple floors. Now, however, no floors, no windows, no doors, not even walls, apart from what pretty much amounted to knee-high fence of leftover stone from where the walls once had stood. Among the rotten furniture and moss were spread metallic objects of various kinds, resembling old copper candlesticks and plates. The "room" I was in was connected to a particularly long former hall with a big broken table in the middle, certainly much larger than the comparatively. On the other end it was connected with the amount of drawers going grey with dust on the ground, and what looked like spoons and forks with blunter edges (and oddly enough, no knives) mainly spread by the entrance to the "room" I was in. So one of those places was probably the dining hall, and the other the kitchen. Perhaps the one I was on right now was where children used to have their dinner, away from the grown-ups?

As I ruminated through my conclusions, I soon came to realize this didn't matter in any way...I guess I really did hit my head. I sighed, a sound that reminded me of a deflating balloon, and placed my hands on the ground to pull myself up. Or at least I intended too, before I realized how unnaturally frilly the ground seemed. I looked down, coming to face a blooming flower of sorts, which in actuality was a rather fancy sea green (on the blueish side) frilly dress, completed with a nice pair of leather boots. Now, I knew this couldn't have been my doing. Was I drugged? This was quite elaborate for a prank, but what else could it be? Something had been bothering me on the top of my hand for a while so I palpated the top of my head until I found the black silk thing attached to that long wig. I followed the silk, realized that it was no less than a long black ribbon that almost defied gravity in how it managed to stay up (mostly). I had a terrible feeling about this. This was probably to gather black mail material on me. I had to get out of here and get the culprit as fast as possible. But first, removing that dumb wi-

"Ow ow ow!" Why was the wig ATTACHED to my head? My hands, previously on my dress, shot to my mouth as soon as I processed whose voice it was that just complained. Something was amiss. Was my voice always that thin and girly? No, of course it wasn't. Something was amiss. I could feel it. Something told me this wasn't as big a concern as I thought, but another part of me was screaming internally at the realization my hair was actually that long now, and that I sounded like a girl now. It also explained why I felt so much lighter and weaker than before, but still...something was amiss. My eyes widened and feared swelled up inside me as I threw my hands at my crotch. "It's gone. It's gone! What is happening?!"

"Reincarnation", "second life", "another world", "goddess", "wishes"... the words popped into my head as I the memories of the event became more and more clear. Whatever happened on my previous life was still foggy, but it too was starting to come back to me. ESPECIALLY that moment. The shock. The panic. The hole. The despair. The red. The black. And then a new light, a divine light. Wait, this was NOT part of the deal!

"Why was I reincarnated as a GIRL, goddess! Take it back! Change it! I demand a refun-" among the mist and dead tree-surrounded ruins creeped a new sound. It wasn't a sound I recognized, just one that made me throw myself under the nearest table and cover my head, shaking.

Alice chibi render (2).jpg.png
    [/div]

[/div]

Tag: Psyche Psyche

Last edited:
"I wish people would believe me"
Those few words seem to ring in my head, with an unnatural weight to them. I could faintly recall myself saying them, but I had no recollection of when or were. The only thing that came to my mind once I thought about it was a blinding light. The bleak area I was currently in seemed so dull in comparison. Speaking of a dull area, where exactly am I? Better yet, who am I? The name "Solaris" popped into my mind, yet everything besides that was staticky, almost as if someone placed a hazy fog in my mind. For a moment, I thought it must be some sort of cruel trick played by a few of my peers. Perhaps a drugged drink? Maybe I was kidnapped and placed in some abandoned warehouse? The place certainly seemed like it could pass as one in my opinion, with the floors being covered in dust and the few pieces of furniture that were only remnants of their previous selves. I assumed this once was some sort of lounge, judging by the fireplace that has probably been barren for centuries. As my eyes trailed across the grey walls, I saw frames where I assumed artwork must have stood. This place reminded me of an ancient household once I thought about it. Everything seemed completely outdated to me.

When I was examining this odd situation out, my eyes landed on a shattered mirror. Normally, I would have glossed over it, but a pair of soft, orange eyes stared back at me. I stopped short, my breath had been caught in my throat. Cautiously, I walked up to the mutilated glass, not quite believing what I was seeing. This whole appearance seemed completely wrong, on multiple levels. For one, my hair was a bright red color and fell down to the small of my back. I was wearing an incredibly simplistic outfit- a white jumper that felt too loose around my body. I never recall being this short. If I had to take a guess, I'd say I was around four feet. The body I was currently in was a lot thinner- and with a bit of dread, I looked down my shirt to see the breasts I once had gone, replaced by a flat-chest that one would find on a child. However, despite my miraculous change in height and overall appearance, that wasn't the most concerning portion. I had two ears protruding from my head, that seemed to be eerily similar to foxes. To complement that, there was a big, bushy, fox-tail that protruded from my dress. Still, in a state of shock, I grabbed onto my ears- and once I actually felt a sensation, I panicked and yanked it harshly, causing pain to go throughout my body.

"What the hell is going on?!" Even my voice sounded different. It sounded a lot more childlike and higher-pitched to me. "Why do I look like this-" Words that had little meaning filled my confused mind, "reincarnation", "second-chance", "new-life" all flooded my mind. Those words seemed to trigger something within me, and I could faintly remember everything- the rumors. The lies. The men breaking in followed by a loud gunshot. The coldness that came afterward, that was soon followed by a bright light that gave me a second chance in a new world.

I couldn't truthfully pin my current emotional state to just a single feeling. A bunch of emotions were swirling in my mind. Happiness for the new opportunity, yet sadness for the old life I lost. Excitement for the prospect of adventure and a more fulfilling life, coupled along with the fear of not knowing if it'll be better or worse than the one she lost. Uncertainty at what to do clouded my mind, as the situation I was in sunk in just a little more. I was in an unknown world, with an odd body, with no help or guidance in the slightest. I didn't even know if there was anyone even close by. What if I ended up starving to death in this castle? What if-

I picked up on a voice that seemed to come from close by. I couldn't tell for the life of me what they were saying. For a moment, I debated on checking it out, not too sure how welcoming this person might be. Perhaps someone did live here and I just intruded into their home? Maybe it was a native. That would explain why I couldn't decipher what in the world they were saying.

Once I thought about it, the idea of starving to death and wandering this world alone sounded a lot less promising than facing potential hostility. Having made up my mind, I followed the voice that was screaming unintelligible words. Going through the castle, I stopped in what looked like a dining room. My eyes scanned the area until they landed on a young, blonde-haired girl, who looked terrified out of her mind. The hiding spot seemed silly to me, knowing that if an actual threat came into the room, the odd girl would be in danger.

Looking at her, I could tell she was scared. Of what exactly? I had no idea. Perhaps she just got here as well? Once I thought about it, that seemed to make sense. It would make little sense for someone who lived here there whole life to react like this. Then again, I didn't know the rules and customs to this world- so perhaps it was normal? I decided that whatever the case was, it would be in my best interests to speak to her. If she did come from a similar place, perhaps she has more insight on the situation then I. On the slim chance she was a native, I might be able to get some information or food out of her.

Not that I'd ever say it out loud, but a part of it was also pity for her. Seeing someone so young shake on the floor like that made an ounce of concern make its way into my chest.

Without another thought, I approached the table and bent down, so I can gather the other girl's attention. Gently, I nudged her arm so she would look up at me. I spoke, trying my hardest to sound calm and collected, despite my own panic swirling around in my mind at this situation. "Hello there- may I ask who you are?" Once I had the chance to look back at this, I realized I forgot that the screaming I heard before was a foreign language.

Last edited:
[class=surround] border-radius:25px; border:6px solid silver; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/65/6e/f0656e1ecddff7f8221d05ed2db1d33e.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; width:97%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=mainpic] border-radius:50%; border:4px double gold; overflow:hidden; width:18%; float:left; [/class] [class=text] border-radius:25px; text-align:left; border:5px double darkgreen; width:70%; margin-left:8%; display:inline-block; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class] [class=title] border:3px solid darkgreen; width:35%; margin-left:27%; display:inline-block; text-align:center; background-image:url('https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/leaves-pattern-design_1250-68.jpg'); background-size:10%; color:crimson; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=Paigi] font-size:400%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=Stratioti] display:inline-block; font-size:400%; [/class] [class=token] display:inline-block; width:21%; [/class] [class=Phonepic] border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; border:5px double gold; width:50%; overflow:hidden; height:210px; [/class] [class=Phonetext] border-radius:25px; border:5px double darkgreen; width:85%; margin:0 auto; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class]

• [div class=surround][div class=title][div class=Paigi]Paigi[/div] [div class=token]
    token_1-png.538939
    [/div] [div class=Stratioti]Stratioti[/div]
    [/div][div class=mainpic]
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text]
    I was going to be found. The table didn't exactly make me invisible. Even I knew that much. Still, there was nowhere better to hide than under this table. Maybe I should've run, but I just couldn't think straight. Not with how hazy and confusing and wrong everything felt in this former castle surrounded dead trees and fog. Hands still covering my face, I took a peek with a single eye.

A pair of fox ears popped out through the remnants of the wall, seeming to slide across it like shark fins above water. My innitial thoughts were "where did a fox THAT huge come from?", but as she crossed the former doorframe it revealed to simply walking on two legs. In fact, rather than a fox, this was a fox...person? A little girl, much like me, but for a little girl she seemed older than my current body. She was eyeing me quite intensely, and with those sharp teeth of hers...I couldn't help feel a chill down my spine. The fox girl approached me, and out of her mouth came nothing but growls, clicks and gnarls.

"What do you want? Stay away!" I pleaded, burying myself even more in my own arms.

<Notice: Innitiating Tutorial. Please state "Status" to open your status window.> a voice echoed in my head. Where was it coming from? What was this about a "status". The STATUS of my current situation was pretty bad, I didn't need a tutorial to figure out that much!

"Seriously now, of all times, what crap is this status thin-"

token_2.png
    Name: Paigi Stratioti Level: 1
    Species: (inhuman) Vampire- common vampire
    Titles: Otherwolder; Bullet Victim;
    Stats:

Health: 33
    Strength: 1
    Spell Power: 12
    Mana Vein: 3
    Mana Regeneration: 5
    Stamina: 2
    Stamina Recovery: 2
    Agility: 10
    Speed: 15/1/0
    Focus: 5
    Natural Armor: 40
    Senses: Touch- 1/Smell-3 /Sight-5 /Hearing-4 /Taste- 0
    Remaining Skill Points:

Classes: Mage (1);

Communication: Vampire Module Rank1 (verbal);

Skills:
    [Purity Rank 1(CHEAT)()]
    [Otherworlder]
    [Inhuman Strife]
    [Life Drain Rank 1 (6)]
    [Espionage Rank 1 (8)]
    [Form switch Rank 1 (10)]
    [Blood sucker Rank 1 (5)]
    [Darkness rank 1 (7)]
    [Vampiric speed]
    [Dark arts]
    [Illuminate Rank 1 (3)]
    [Firebolt Rank 1 (4)]
    [Conjure Nourishment Rank 1 (6)]
    [Minor Illusion Rank 1 (6)]

Equipment: Blue Reincarnation Dress; Simple Boots; Frilly Panties; Blessed Dark Blue Bow; Reincarnation Socks;

Statuses: -Fear (Rank3)-;

AAAAAAH! What the heck?! That floating green screen just popped in front of me. It had these old-video-game text on it, a blue border and was semi-transperant, allowing me to see the fox girl still getting closer. What was she doing? Was she coming to eat me? Ah, what was this thing in front of me? No time to think. Need to do something. Do something now, or I would be fox meal!

<Notice: To use skill, please select it on your status window, or verbally pronounce the skill name.>

What? What was it...wait, weren't skills, like, abilities or something? Ah, I had to try it, what did all of these even mean though, I had no clue what they did! I just kept sliding through the skill list, time was growing short, I didn't want to be a chew toy, so I randomly pressed one of the skills. It turned to be "Illuminate". My hand began to glow intensely, like some omnidirectional flashlight which I waved right in the face of the girl.

"Stay away! Shoo! Shoo!" I pleaded again, hoping this wouldn't backfire and make her more agreessive instead.

<Notice: You may view another being's status by using the status command while focusing on their person. Raising a hand towards them may assist you in attaining the required focus.>

More of this? Why would I want to know her...

"Ah, fine, status!...Eh?"

token_3.png
    Name: Solaris Rivers Level: 1
    Species: (inhuman) Kitsune- Kit
    Stats:

Health: Lower
    Strength: Same
    Spell Power: Higher
    Mana Vein: Higher
    Speed: Higher/Same/Same
    Natural Armor: Lower

Classes: Mage; Rogue;

Communication: Kitsune Module (Verbal);

Equipment: Simple Rebirth Rags; Simple Poorman's Sandals; Ragged Panties; god-blessed Bracelet;

Known Statuses: N/A

Otherwolder? Wasn't that the same title I had. Did that mean this person was also reincarnated here? They even had the "bullet victim" title too. So were both shot to death on our previous lives. My eyes felt just as teary as before, but rather than wanting to flee as fast as possible, I felt pity for this girl, and a kinship of sorts. She was probably just trying to speak to me earlier. What was this fox trying to say? It was so hard to tel, I could almost write a song about it.

"I'm sorry, I was just really scared, and I can't understand you." I tried to explain, lowering my hand (which was still glowing, since I had no idea how to make it stop, not that it was my priority right now). I looked at the status windows again, hoping to find some clue as to a way to better communicate. It seemed your own status appeared with a blue border, and looking at someone else's comes with a orange-goldish border. It also came with a LOT less information. I saw earlier in my status window, I had the status (who gave it that confusing name?) "Fear", which had now disappeared. I wondered if her complete status window would also have "fear"... Her stats sure seemed to protect her a lot less, not that I could see the actual numbers, and her clothes were mostly rags, making mine look quite rich and fancy by comparison. This kitsune girl was quite the poor thing, and here I was treating her like a monster or something. What an awful thing of me to do. I gazed down, unable to meet her in the eye. "I'm really sorry..."

alice-chibi-render-2-jpg-png.538920
    [/div]

[/div]

Code:
[div=width:55%;background-color:black;border:5px solid blue;border-radius:25px;color:green;margin:0 auto;overflow:hidden;][div=width:21%;float:left;][img]https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/token_3-png.540441/[/img][/div] [b]Name:[/b] Solaris Rivers  [b]Level:[/b] 1
[b]Species:[/b] (inhuman) Kitsune- Kit
[b]Titles:[/b] Otherwolder; Bullet Victim;
[b]Stats:[/b]

Health: 20
Spell Power: 20
Mana Vein: 10
Stamina: 8
Stamina Recovery: 6
Agility: 15
Speed: 20/1/0
Natural Armor: 5
Senses: Touch- 2/Smell-5/Sight-11 /Hearing-5 /Taste- 2
Remaining Skill Points:

[b]Classes:[/b] Mage (1); Rogue (1)

[b]Communication:[/b] Kitsune Module Rank1 (verbal);

[b]Skills:[/b]
[div=width:50%;border:3px solid blue;margin:0 auto;text-align:center;][scroll=100px][Hypnosis Rank1 (CHEAT)(25)]
[divide][/divide]
[Otherwolder]
[divide][/divide]
[Inhuman Strife]
[divide][/divide][divide][/divide]
[Sneak Rank 1 (3)]
[divide][/divide]
[Stealth Rank 1 (10)]
[divide][/divide]
[Small Blade Proficiency Rank 1 (12)]
[divide][/divide]
[Illuminate Rank 1 (3)]
[divide][/divide]
[Firebolt Rank 1 (4)]
[divide][/divide]
[divide][/divide]
[/scroll][/div]

[b]Equipment:[/b] Simple Rebirth Rags; Simple Poorman's Sandals; Ragged Panties; god-blessed Bracelet;

[b]Statuses:[/b] -Fear (Rank1)-;

[/div]
Code:
[div=width:55%;background-color:black;border:5px solid orange;border-radius:25px;color:green;margin:0 auto;overflow:hidden;][div=width:21%;float:left;][img]https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/token_2-png.540308/[/img][/div] [b]Name:[/b] Paigi Stratioti [b]Level:[/b] 1
[b]Species:[/b] (inhuman) Vampire- common vampire
[b]Titles:[/b] Otherwolder; Bullet Victim;

Health: Higher
Spell Power: Lower
Mana Vein: Lower
Speed: Lower/Same/Same
Natural Armor: Higher

[b]Classes:[/b] Mage;

[b]Communication:[/b] Vampire Module (Verbal);

[b]Equipment:[/b] Blue Reincarnation Dress; Simple Boots; Frilly Panties; Blessed Dark Blue Bow; Reincarnation Socks;

[b]Known Statuses:[/b] -Fear (Unknown Rank)-;

[/div]

Last edited:
As I watched the girl scream at me, I once again remembered that I couldn't understand the odd gurgling and screeching sounds that came from her. I jumped back a bit, not really expecting this sort of reaction. Multitudes of scenarios have flooded my mind, yet this one seemed the most unlikely. I was expecting something more akin to annoyance, frustration, mistrust, or perhaps nervousness. Fear? Certainly, although I was expecting myself to be feeling it instead.

When she started to freak out more, I stopped speaking and sort of just stared at her. I'll be honest, I'm not the best at dealing with distressed people. I'm good for a quick laugh, trying to add levity to a situation, or basically anything besides sadness. So I did what seemed like an intelligent action at the time- I took a step back and examined her.

Her actions puzzled me, to say the least, her hands were sort of just moving in thin air. I found myself peaking at her, wondering what in the world she was doing. Perhaps she hit her head too many times and was imagining things? Or maybe it was the other way around, and perhaps this whole scenario was just some fevered dream where absolutely nothing makes sense. That didn't seem too unlikely the more I thought over it, after all, it isn't every day you wake up as a child... fox-creature? What exactly am I even? I can tell I'm not human- that much is obvious, humans don't have fox-like features.

Once a light came from her hand, I let out a startled yelp. It was bizarre, and a bit terrifying to myself. I had little idea what was going on at the time, although one thought in my mind was that perhaps there was some light source in her hand. That thought was thrown out the window as soon as it appeared, judging by the complete lack of an item in her hand. "Woah! Calm down there- I mean no harm, what the hell even is that?"

I backed up, not quite sure what was going on. She seemed threatening for a moment, yet her actions once again confused me. She abruptly stopped and looked almost to be reading something once again. Yet this time it was more in my direction? I looked at my body, wondering if perhaps there was something on myself.

Once she stopped, I saw hints of regret on her features. I couldn't comprehend what she was saying, yet it seemed almost sad in a sense. She lowered her hands and wasn't waving them like they were some sort of threatening glowstick. Did she deem me not a threat? Is it a peace offering? Perhaps she's luring me into a false sense of security to attack? Most importantly, what the actual hell is going on?

Before I could decide how to react, a voice went through my head.

<Notice: Initiating Tutorial. Please state "Status" to open your status window.>

What the- where did that noise come from? The words seemed to echo in my mind, as I yelled out; "Who's there? What the hell would saying "Status" even do-" My question was cut off as a screen appeared in front of me. It reminded me of a videogame, and despite the fear still lingering in my body, I had to admit there was some excitement in there as well. My mind was running a mile a minute, trying to decipher what in the world was going on. I decided that perhaps the... status-sheet? Is that what it'd be called? Whatever the case was, I thought it might have some of the answers I sought.

token_3-png.540441
Stats:

Remaining Skill Points:

Classes: Mage (1); Rogue (1)

Communication: Kitsune Module Rank1 (verbal);

Skills:
[Hypnosis Rank1 (CHEAT)(25)]
[Otherwolder]
[Inhuman Strife]
[Sneak Rank 1 (3)]
[Stealth Rank 1 (10)]
[Illuminate Rank 1 (3)]
[Firebolt Rank 1 (4)]

Equipment: Simple Rebirth Rags; Simple Poorman's Sandals; Ragged Panties; god-blessed Bracelet;

Statuses: -Fear (Rank1)-;

Well... I was interested, to say the least, the whole thing seemed surreal. "Kitsune Module"? Is that why I can't understand her? Am I not speaking English? Confusion went across my mind, as more and more questions arose the more I read. I tried to figure out what the "skills" meant. Is that what the other girl had? Was that why her hand was glowing weirdly? Can I do that as well?

<Notice: To use skill, please select it on your status window, or verbally pronounce the skill name.>

That answered my question at least, hesitantly I went through my skills. Perhaps this is what the other girl was looking at? Maybe I look the same way she did previously, it would make sense. As far as I can tell there isn't any force behind this screen, or there wasn't any object associated with it. It just... popped out of nowhere at a simple command. Maybe it's all in my mind? Who knows, perhaps I developed Psychosis without realizing it.

As I scrolled through the skills, I found myself wanting to see what each one does. It was hard to pick- although I ruled Fireball out fairly quickly, not wanting to harm myself or the other occupant. Illusion? That seems harmless enough, with an ounce of hesitation I pressed the skill.

I felt a slight tingling in my palm, and before I knew it- a... butterfly appeared out of it? I swiped my hand directly at it, and my hand seemed to harmlessly pass through it. "Illusion? That's... something that isn't there- a trick of the eye..." Before I went to investigate, or get a bit trigger-happy and press every single button in existence, a voice cut me off.

<Notice: You may view another being's status by using the status command while focusing on their person. Raising a hand towards them may assist you in attaining the required focus.>

That cut off my thoughts of exploration quite quickly as I once again looked to the girl on the floor still. I felt a lot less tense now that the glowy hand wasn't waved in a threatening manner, yet I still felt weary. Perhaps the "Status" could provide some sort of insight on who she was?

Not exactly knowing how to do this correctly, I pointed at her with a clawed finger and said; "Status!" At that, a similar screen appeared- similar to the one I had, yet with a more orange border, and the information lacking in comparison to mine.

token_2-png.540308
Name: Paigi Stratioti Level: 1
Stats:

Speed: Lower/Same/Same

Classes: Mage;

Communication: Vampire Module (Verbal);

Equipment: Blue Reincarnation Dress; Simple Boots; Frilly Panties; Blessed Dark Blue Bow; Reincarnation Socks;

Known Statuses: -Fear (Unknown Rank)-;

I read through all of it. my eyes widening a bit as I read through each piece of information. The vampire part startled me, the girl in front of me didn't seem like a vampire in the slightest. Then again, I've never met a vampire- closest things I can recall were movie-based vampires. For a second, I was about to ask if we could perhaps go out in the sun and see if she sparkles.

The "Otherworlder" part wasn't too much of a surprise, yet the "Bullet Victim" portion did strike a chord within me. There was a faint taste of bile in my mouth, yet I decided to completely ignore it and deal with the whole "dying" portion at a later time. However, it did raise a bit of sympathy for the girl.

The status portion made me hesitate, as I looked at the girl- whose name I now realized was Paigi, and I wondered if there was a way to make her less afraid. Perhaps I can give her a peace offering? But with what- I had absolutely no idea. My mind went back to the skills- and I recalled "Conjure Nourishment". Conjure meant "to summon", and I presumed "Nourishment" meant food. Maybe food can work as a peace offering? Hesitantly, I said the spell. A plop of grey mush and a water bottle fell on the floor next to me.

The food looked unappetizing, and I doubt it's clean after touching the floor that hasn't been washed in millennia. I cleared my throat, a bit awkwardly, and decided to just hand her the water bottle. I tried to give a friendly smile, yet with my new sharp teeth, I was unsure of how it came across.

Last edited:
[class=surround] border-radius:25px; border:6px solid silver; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/65/6e/f0656e1ecddff7f8221d05ed2db1d33e.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; width:97%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=mainpic] border-radius:50%; border:4px double gold; overflow:hidden; width:18%; float:left; [/class] [class=text] border-radius:25px; text-align:left; border:5px double darkgreen; width:70%; margin-left:8%; display:inline-block; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class] [class=title] border:3px solid darkgreen; width:35%; margin-left:27%; display:inline-block; text-align:center; background-image:url('https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/leaves-pattern-design_1250-68.jpg'); background-size:10%; color:crimson; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=Paigi] font-size:400%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=Stratioti] display:inline-block; font-size:400%; [/class] [class=token] display:inline-block; width:21%; [/class] [class=Phonepic] border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; border:5px double gold; width:50%; overflow:hidden; height:210px; [/class] [class=Phonetext] border-radius:25px; border:5px double darkgreen; width:85%; margin:0 auto; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class]

• [div class=surround][div class=title][div class=Paigi]Paigi[/div] [div class=token]
    token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text]
    While it didn't entirely surprise me when she began fiddling the air, I still glared intently with all the weight of my curiosity. Was she also looking at a status? Did that mean only we could see the status windows we opened up? The light from my hand was still shining on us, like a candle below each of our faces in a dark room...scary... I couldn't phantom what skill she might be looking for, or which she would choose, not until the moment when it seemed she clicked on one of the skills and on the palm of her hand appeared a butterfly. I crawled closer, eyeing the insect that poofed into existence, yet it seemingly frightened the girl, causing her to try to shoo it away. That gesture was only partially effective however, as despite the butterfly indeed going away, her hand passed right through the butterfly. I shivered a little watcthing it happen. Was the butterfly a ghost? A illusion? Hopefully the latter.

With the whole "phantom butterfly" incident resolved, the fox girl shifted gears and pointed her claw at me, causing me to leap back a little. She stared at me but not quite at me, so I could only assume she was going through my status. I wonder if she was seeing the same kind of things I saw when I looked into her status. Her eyes widened a bit at the sight of something, but she seemed to calm down a little soon after, and finally she tried saying something. Before I could throw myself at guessing what she meant, a puddle of grey mush splattered on the ground in front of us, dirtying the bottom of both our clothes and even managing to spill some drops on my face. After wiping them out with my hands, I opened my eyes to the sight of the fox girl appearantly trying to hand me the bottle of water that came with the puddle. I eyed the brown container, seemingly made of some clay-like material, then at the fox girl's sharp grin, and at the container. Was it poisoned or something? Her look was so menacing, yet the sight of a drink made me realize how dry my throat felt, maybe due to the humidity of the ruins. The grin was probably just her trying to be nice too...so I reached out a hand and grabbed the bottle, only to realize I would need my other hand to actually hold it. Either the bottle was far heavier than it seemed or my body was far weaker than I realized.

The surprises didn't end there, however. As a matter of fact, as I took it to my mouth, it felt as though the bottle was easier to hold, and by the time I almost dropped it I realized the bottle had shrunk quite a bit. I took one more gulp just to confirm my suspicions and indeed, it turned out that the bottle shrank in accordance to the water that was taken from it. When all was drank, it would probably just disappear altogether. I looked at the fox girl. She didn't seem so menancing anymore. I stood up. With one hand (because I could hold the bottle with just one now) I offered back what was left of the water to the girl. With the other I reached out towards the top of her head to pet her betweent he ears.

"Unlike me, she's really a little girl, poor thing." My feelings couldn't help but echo my words. Not that the girl really understood either, I supposed. Now was the time for me to act like the adult I was (inside anyway). First of all, we'd need to secure our safety (couldn't really guarantee that), water (we just summoned some, we'd probably be fine) and f- my stomach rumbled, confirming our final need: Food. The grey mush that fell earlier was probably supposed to be some, but it didn't exactly look edible. "Come to think of it, the water earlier didn't have any flavor either. I only felt the pressure of the water and the thirst being sated, but there was no flavor at all. Maybe this is just how skill-produced food works? Oh, I hope it isn't something all food in this place has to it!"

One way or the other, to find food we would need to get moving. We weren't exactly sheltered in these ruins anyway. But to get her to understand me, we would need to find some way to say SOME things to each other. I pointed at the water bottle, and then made a gesture by raising my head and one closed hand above it, only the thumb not bent and instead pointing straight at my mouth. If she could figure out this gesture was supposed to mean water, or bottle of water, then we might have successfully started some manner of communicating. If not, we would have a long journey ahead of us.

[/div]

[/div]

I was relieved that she managed to drink the water, it might've seemed insignificant, but it was almost a sign of trust. I know if a random fox-girl offered me water that came out of literally nowhere, I'd probably give a hard "no". I quietly watched her drink the water, not saying anything in the slight fear that I'd break the fragile trust that was beginning to form. Or well, I'd assume it was trust- or partnership at the very least. Maybe she realized we can both benefit from each other?

When I was handed the water bottle back, I blinked in surprise. In truth, I wasn't thinking she'd give me a taste of it as well. However, I gratefully accepted it. When I watched the bottle slowly shrink in her hands- I presumed the water bottle was some sort of magic. If it can appear from thin air, why can't it disappear just as easily? I feel like I should be arguing against the logistics of this universe a lot more then I have been, yet I'm now a fox-girl who has magical powers. What can't be possible at this rate?

I felt a small hand go in between my ears and a petting motion. My first feeling was indignation- yet it was oddly pleasing. Before I could help myself, a purring noise came from my throat as I subconsciously leaned into the touch, which stopped me short. Did I seriously just purr? What am I, some sort of animal? Actually, that idea didn't sound too far off if my new physique was anything to go by. I'd be shocked if I was classified as human anyways.

At that point, I'm pretty sure my face was cherry-red in embarrassment. Without another word, I quietly drank the water and instantly hated the "taste", or lack of. I think I now had a legitimate idea of what liquid cardboard would taste like. My eyes drifted to the slop on the floor, and I wondered if it had a similar taste. I decided not to find out, since I have no idea what sort of germs could be contracted in a place such as this.

Once the water was finished- the bottle just vanished. Deciding to not question the logistics of this place (thinking about it would make my head spin- there was much to be done, and not enough information to find a sufficient answer). I quietly listened to her speak- and although I couldn't exactly understand her, the fear in her voice seemed to vanish. In turn, that relaxed me a bit- finding this situation just a bit less threatening.

When she made the motions, my head tilted in slight confusion. She pointed to the water bottle, so I assumed she wanted... water? Didn't I just give her water? Perhaps she meant fresh-water or a water source. That'd make sense- now that I thought about it, we should probably get some fresh supplies- or get out of here. I have zero ideas where we are, and I doubted she did either. I don't think we can survive too long in here- I can still feel hunger if the gnawing feeling of my stomach was anything to go by.

I gave a slight nod at that, and I pointed a clawed finger over the ruined wall, trying to convey that we should leave. I decided that the motion might be a bit vague, and after a moment I hesitantly grabbed her arm softly, being mindful of my claws. I gave a slight tug, as I started slightly dragging Paigi to the open wilderness. Although, she did hardly budge- I felt like I had little strength to actually move her.

Last edited:

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text]
    Purr?! I hadn't expected that young girl to react like a cat, but I went along with it and petted her for a little longer. I had supposed she would be like my little sister, get a little embarassed at first but quickly smile with glee.

With everything settled, Solaris decided it was time for us to move out, which she indicated to me by means of pointing to the foggy forest out there. Well, it could also have been that she was asking me about it, but seeing how I couldn't tell her anything even if she was, I concluded it'd make more sense if she was saying we should go there. I was still pondering about when she grabbed my harm and I instinctively pulled away by instict, realizing I could pretty evenly resist her. Could it be because of our strength stats? They were... Lemme check.

"Status." I declared, glaring at her. Yes, I was right, our strength stat was the same. I sighed, and took her hand so we could go to the forest side by side. Besides, we wouldn't want to get accidentally lost or separated in the fog: Solaris was friendly and an otherwolder like me, but I had the feeling not everyone would be quite so amicable as she had been so far.

Barely a minute after we entered the fog, there was a considerable shift in the forest. We couldn't see ahead of us before, but now we couldn't see behind us either. The various dead trees that surrounded the castle quickly began being replaced with luxuriously leaf-covered trees with thick trunks and barely visible branches. Our feet were tickled by long spurts of grass, wet here and there even, unlike the barren dust from before. I had to kick away a couple of bugs that were holding to my legs and dress, then I felt something on my neck and swatted it away. I wanted to ask Solaris to check my clothes for any bugs, but I had no idea how I would tell her that, and I didn't want to disrupt our crossing of the fog too much... And just as such thoughts crossed my mind, before we knew it we stepped out of the fog.

That change was odd enough that I turned back, but behind us there wasn't any fog anymore, just the forest continuing on and on and getting dark the further one looked behind us, from where we came. The castle, dead trees, the fog...it was like they had never been there in the first place. Frankly I was so caught up glancing all over in shock, wondering how all of this was at all possible, that I barely heard the sound of the huge beast behind us in time to attempt to shove Solaris out of the way, and getting myself slammed by a huge hoof and launched against a nearby tree.

"Oww, oww, that hurts!" I complained. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would though. It felt like I was hit by a horse, but at the same time it didn't hurt nearly as much as I expected it to. Maybe it was a very young horse? I opened my eyes and realized I was complteely and totally wrong on that front. "What the heck kind of monster is that?!"

fantastika-art-loshad-monstr.jpg

Sure, the creature standing before me was a little like a horse, but it most certainly wasn't one. It had white blank eyes and a silvery main, but the most distinctive feature to it were the almost metallic-looking horns sprouting from the back of its head and from its actual back. The thing neighed a screech, leading me to shiver as it glared down at me, hitting the ground with its hoofs in a threatening manner.

"S-S-Status!" I didn't even need to raise my hand, all of my senses were completely locked on the creature. "What, level three? This is bad, aren't we both level 1? We can't beat this thing COMBINED!"

token_1.png
    Name: Common Spikeback Level: 3
    Species: (monster) Spikeback- common spikeback
    Titles: N/A
    Stats:

Strength: Higher
    Spell Power: Null
    Mana Vein: Null

Communication: N/A;

Equipment: N/A

Known Statuses: N/A;

[/div]

[/div]

Code:
[div=width:55%;background-color:black;border:5px solid orange;border-radius:25px;color:green;margin:0 auto;overflow:hidden;][div=width:21%;float:left;][img]https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/token_1-png.544493/[/img][/div] [b]Name:[/b] Common Spikeback [b]Level:[/b] 3
[b]Species:[/b] (monster) Spikeback- common spikeback
[b]Titles:[/b] N/A

[b]Communication:[/b] N/A;

[b]Equipment:[/b] N/A

[b]Known Statuses:[/b] N/A; 

[/div]

I ended up leaning into her touch- a pleased whine leaving my throat which ended up with my face blooming a cherry-red. However, I frankly decided that this would have to be the least confusing thing that happened today. I found out I could do magic, woke up in a younger body, met a vampire, and was reincarnated in a new world- and this was the one thing I questioned more than anything else? I don't know why, but the thought was a bit funny once I really thought about it. Before I knew it, I had a grin on my face and ended up laughing.

As she glared at me- I felt a slight feeling of embarrassment well up inside me. It's true that sometimes I get a bit ahead of myself. When a thought lurks into my mind, I always decide to immediately go into the best course of action. Well, in my mind at least. The "best course" would obviously differentiate from person to person, but when I get excited or nervous, I tend to forget that and just assume everyone is on the same page.

I gave a sheepish smile- hoping the gesture would convey an apology. I had a feeling that I was a lot more intimidating to the average person then I tried to be. If I'm being truthful- I don't know how to convey myself in a "normal" way in this body. Everything felt foreign- from my new sharp smile to the ears on my head. I have no idea how the interior of my new body looks- or any differentiation in instinct or bodily reactions. Thinking of purring of all things made me realize that my brain must be different. Not in emotions or memories, or not the "Wow! I turned into a super genius overnight!"- but perhaps cravings or some of the fundamental reactions? Whatever the case was, I made a mental note to find out at some point after the most pressing matters were dealt with.

]When she took my hand- I was relieved at the fact that she wasn't mad at me for my hasty actions. The idea of exploring this area alone was a bit nerve-wracking. Besides the logical reasons for wanting to group up- such as strength in numbers, new insight, higher success rate, and have more eyes and ears- there was also another reason that I was more hesitant to admit. It was just relieving to be with another person who's in a similar situation. It made me feel less isolated in this whole situation, and also a bit hopeful- perhaps everything will end up alright if multiple people went through this?

Which is admittedly an idiotic thought. We're in the middle of gods know where with little indication of what's going on besides a voice that pops into your head. Once I thought that- I realized how crappy this situation sounded.

As we exited the castle, my eyes examined every inch of terrain- and at first, what I saw didn't astound me. I looked back as soon as we exited the castle- and it looked as I expected it to be, tired, worn out, and dull. However the deeper we went in, the more unease I started to feel. The desolation of the forest was being rapidly replaced by lush forestry. The place gave a foreboding feeling to myself- I found it next to impossible to find the more finite details, the fog was too thick- only allowing me to see more general outlines and colors. I felt a few bugs crawl up my legs and I growled slightly- growled? Before I had a chance to think about it too much, I felt a small sting as I realized I forgot about my claws- which cut my leg slightly when I was swiping away bugs with one hand, while holding onto Paige's with the other.

I felt like facepalming for my idiocy, but then again, I've only really had claws for... around thirty minutes? I had no idea how long it's been, but it felt like a brief amount of time. How does time work anyways? Is it like on earth- twenty-four hour days? Do I age like a human? Do I- my thoughts were cut off as we crossed the fog, and my overactive mind just froze for a second.

The fog vanished- giving me a more accurate view of the terrain. I turned around after a moment and was shocked to find nothing. Well, not nothing per se- but no dead trees or destroyed castle. How is that humanly possible? Did it just disappear? Was the whole thing a mirage conjured up by our desperate minds? Before I could drive myself crazy for looking for a logical explanation when there clearly wasn't one, I was startled out of my thoughts by being pushed. My body felt weak overall- and I ended up stumbling back.

At first, there was a bit of anger as I wondered if she was betraying me, perhaps leaving me out here to dry? However, as my head snapped back up I felt panic take over. I looked just in time to see a horse-like creature slam Paigi into a tree, and I found myself yelling out; "Holy shit- are you okay?" Momentarily forgetting the issue that she couldn't understand me in the slightest.

Granted, that answer should've been fairly obvious- if a large creature slammed you against the wall, there'd be a large chance that you wouldn't be okay. However, logic was once again thrown out the window as she didn't seem too bothered. Sure she seemed to be in pain- but not as much pain as one should be in. Not like I was hoping it would hurt, just added another layer of confusion to this whole thing- and I wanted to find everything out.

Now was not the time, and after checking to make sure nothing was majorly wrong with Paigi- besides the obvious. I was looking more for broken bones, spinal injury, or lack of movement, Finding none of that, I quickly turned to face the... horse? The screech made me flinch, the sound reminding me of someone making that high-pitched screeching sound with chalk and a chalkboard/ Looking at it, anyone could tell it wasn't a horse if the large horns were any indicator. On top of that, the blank eyes gave an eery feeling. Quickly I pointed to it and yelled out "Status!"

token_1-png.544493
Name: Common Spikeback Level: 3
Species: (monster) Spikeback- common spikeback
Stats:

Communication: N/A;

Equipment: N/A

Okay- this was clearly not good. It was clearly stronger, and I didn't need to know it's "Status" to realize it was a hostile creature. The way it loomed over Paigi was enough of a testament to its nature. The strength worried me- what if it crushed her? What if it could kill her- it probably had a lot more experience if the "Level 3" was any indication. It looked like it was ready to pounce on her- and for a second, I was wondering if I should take the chance and run the hell out of there.

However, I quickly dismissed the thought. The idea of leaving someone out to dry like that made me feel a bit sick. Faintly, I recalled experiences of isolation, and how I'd kill to have someone stand by my side, or at the very least defend me.

Besides, she took a hit for me- it's the least I could do.

I called up my own status windows, and hastily looked for any sort of spell that looked like it could do damage to it- or at the very least scare it off. "Stealth? No- useless. Blade proficiency? Think I need a damn blade for that- Illuminate? I doubt it has a fear of light. Conjure Nourishment- I wouldn't touch it with a five-foot pole. I doubt this beast will. Illusion? Yup! A fake butterfly will do great against this... Firebolt?" Who knows, perhaps it could do something. Or at the very least get its attention off of her new acquaintance.

I clicked it with a moment of hesitation, and a flame appeared in my hand. It was odd to describe what happened, but I sort of just willed it to target the creature. The flame seemed lackluster, and not the strongest or most effective, yet I wasn't expecting it to blow up the creature in all its glory. If it was like a wild animal, I was hoping for it to just run away- or at the very least refocus its attention.

Later on, a slightly disturbing thought would cross into my mind, which was "What if this creature is also an otherworlder?" Did they wake up like this? Could it be possible they remember their past lives- and can't control themselves?

I didn't know the answer, but I felt a bit better about my situation. The situation could've been a lot more jarring- I could've woken up in a beast's body. Well, depending on who you asked- I was a beast. Not human. Yet- at least I can take comfort in the fact I have control of myself and have a similar body.

Last edited:

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text]
    I could hear her screaming something incomprehensible to me, but just as the phrase might suggest I couldn't understand whatever it might be. From the way Solaris reached out her hand to the spikeback, it seemed as though she also thought of trying to read its status, and she would learn it was a level three with higher stats than both of us (I imagined). If this was anything like the games I was told about, it meant we were in a big disadvantage here. Solaris was moving her finger up and now in the air, meaning she probably was search for a skill to use, and the horse-thingy seemed to have caught on to that, turning its head slightly towards her. I would have to make a distraction, and quick. I probably couldn't take this thing on, but I put almost everything into health and armor, so maybe I could take a few more hits from the spikeback? I shivered at the thought. It would, of course, still hurt. Even if it was for a good cause, it would still hurt.

"Illuminate!" I grabbed a stick from the ground, likely a broken branch from the tree I had just been flung into, and called upon the only spell I'd used so far. The branch went from stick to glowstick, hardly much but it was enough to at least momentarily grab the spikeback's attention, as it huffed angrily in direction of that idiot waving a glowstick at a 40 pound horse with horns growing out of everywhere. Oh wait...that's me. I gulped.

The spikeback lowered its head and stomped its hoof, rubbing it through the ground in preparation to charge (I imagined), a ball of flame suddenly flew against its back and blew fur to smithereens. Though, this was little more than leaving a tiny black spot on the spikeback's torso. The angry spikeback neighed and suddenly changed directions, charging at Solaris instead. It didn't get far, however.

"E̴̦̠̐̋̊͗͂̋̂͞m̶̹̮̼͚͍͐̽̌̍͌ͧ̃̚͝͝p̸̧̼̺͎͍̲͕̖̚ọ̻͈̦͎̯̬͖̞ͮ͑͂ͤ̑͘͟͠ẇ̸̍̑ͬͮ̌̓͌͏͍͎͖̦e̜̱̻ͧ̍͝͡ŗ̳̳̾́e̶̠͚̰͙̤͎͕͌̃̅̈̏d̴̀̚͏̛̫̰̘ ̢̠̣̆̒̍͜S̢̭̞̮̫̥̑̏ͫ͗̿̽́t̴̲͍̓̀̚r̲͔͎̬̣ͨ̄͆̅̋̀ͥ͢i̹͔͓͋ͪͩ̅̎͛̂͠k̷͎̫̠̞̟̻͚̲̄͂͘e͊̋͆̔̍͏̤͓̥̞̼̤̩̪!̖̠̘͔͉̹̤͙̎ͥ͂ͬ́͘͟" Suddenly one of the spikeback's legs was not like the others, in fact it got kicked by one of his other legs, leaving a bloodied hoof, a spikeback falling on its "face" and a leg dropped on some other part of the woods. Also standing there was a brave young human (at least I assumed he was) holding what appeared to be a katana and dressed in some plain leather armor or foresty colors like green and brown, but with an exceptionally red headband marking his forehead. If he had hoped for camoufladge, he was doing it wrong.

"Status." I requested.

token_1 (1).png
    Name: Zalgo Cnomom Level: 5
    Species: (humanoid) Human
    Stats:

Speed: Higher/Higher/Same

Classes: Warrior; Rogue; Scout;

Communication: Humantongue;

Equipment: Common leather breastplate; Common leather armor; red headband; Forester Boots; Extra Thick Socks; Forester Gloves; Trainee's Katana ;

I breathed a sigh of relief. Though he wasn't an otherwolder, and they probably couldn't communicate given she couldn't understand a word of what he just said, the teenager was still a human being who had just saved their lifes. Suddenly the boy seemed to notice me, with my hand raised in the air in his direction and started laughing and pointing.

"Z̶̬̣͔ͣ̊̄̒͞a̢͇͈͙͔̋ͣ̈͞ͅl͕̲̖͔̻̭̤ͫͬ́͝ģ̶͎̤̦͕̰̟̦̜̒ͤͥ͐̒͌̈͢ő̜̗̭̪͈͕̟̣̓ͭ̿̋ͧ͜,̵̥̭̥͔̗̯̠̓ ͈̻̌ͧͤ̽̽h̡̼̞̘̬̤͑̉̋͌a̵͇̝̗ͯ̿ͩ͐ͣ͋͟v̼̋̑ͣ̓̍ͮ̕͜e̷̼͖̖̝̩̤̪ͨ͆̓̌̊ ̤̯̰̙̮̯ͥ̃̎̽͘͘ş̵̺̹̠͕̋ͤ͐ͧ̆̇o̩ͬ̿͝m̢̲̿ͭͨ̍̒e̡̯̥͇ͣ ̳̦͖ͮ͋ͮ̇ͬ̑s̜͉͋͋e̪͕̻̪̞ͣ̄ͩͨ͌ͩ̍̕l̶̝͖̯̤̫͚͔̳͑ͥ͂ͨ̏̿̀f̉̈́҉̸̹̠̰̯̕-̽ͪ͗̆ͭ͑͂̏ͯ͞͏͍̜͍̜̗̖ċ̴̣͖̠͍͓ͮͨͮ̈̈̂̈ͮ͜ȍ͚͕̜ͪ̒̌ͤ͝ṇ̥̭̝̩̘̔͗͋̃ͨ̊t̷̢̜̘̠̯͆̂ͤ̓̀r̩͕̠̠͛͋̂̊̕ő̘̤̖̪̬̮̹̲͑̏l͚̮ͯ̐!̧̠̭̼̙̬͎̉̂ͭ͡ͅ ̬̰̰̟̞̜̝̗͑ͨ̑S̵̱̩ͩ̌͒ͯ͂́h̶̵̙̯͈̝̠̝͉͇ͩ̌͌ͨͫ̀͊ͨe̜͚̣͇̖̺̳͇̟ͣ̓͜'̞̣̰̱̳͗͆ͨͧ͑̾̚sͯ̆̏̔͜҉̰͓̜̝͈ ̶̰̘̲̝͚͔ͧ͑ͪ̀̓͐̚̕a̭̥̥̞̤̲̻̦̍̉͑̀̍̊̅͜n̶̛̦̜̺̝͔̹̋ͫ̓͋̄͢ ͔̭̪̰̝͉̱̣̃̀̉̎̍́͞i̶̞̘̯͆ͥ͜ͅn̛͚̲̰̬͉̭̱̔̓ͨ̂̇ͭ͘͞ḩ̜̥͚̺̺̆́u̯̮͔̩̣̍m̱͍̳͙̦ͤ̏̄ȧ͚͇͒̾̔̔͋͌̒n͔̼͍̻̫͉̳ͦͨͩ̾͒̒,̢̧̝̫̩̤̙̩̼̌̎͆ͥͥ ̻͕͎̗̙͔̈́̋͌̏̓ăͨ͆̃͛̕͏̘̞͇̜̟̜ ̡̬͙̜̻͈͔̱̎́v́͆̄̿͘͢҉̻̣̳̼͇̟͇͍ä̢͉̻́ͤ̾ͣ͢ṁ̠̪̯̻̑ͯ͊ͮͩ͐ͪ̚p̹͓͗͊̓͒̎i̍ͪ̌ͨͣ̂ͬ͊͏̼̺̰̘͖̼̣r̝͎͐͑͝é̗̗͇̦̟̯̻̪.͂̒̐͏҉̯̩͟ͅ ̷̣̼̙̃̒͡D͎̮̣̗ͩͧͨ̅̉̓o̼̬͓̝̱̐̕ ̰̲̎ͬ͐ͧ̎̕͠ỹ̖̣͚͚̆̓ͫǒ̡̘̣͈̹̬̜ͮ͒̅ͥ͋͑̌͜u̸̻̩͚̟̗̳͙̎̊̐ͧ̂ͦ͂̔ͅ ̡̩͔͉͉ͫ̿̐ͣ͛͐͐͟w̧̯̫̅̍̑ͮ̽̓ͅa̵̢̜̻͈͚̭̱̲̍ͨͭͤͅn̡͇̱̱̏̇̏ͦͭt̠͓́ͦ̌̌͋͒͆ͨ͟ͅ ̙̻̖͉̱̅t͖̙͍̮̳͉̳̍͐̅͡ȍ̶̡̹̳̞̹ͫ̈̐͂̏ͨͥ͌ ̃͋̊҉̯͓̮r̫̻͎͙̋ͧ̽ͦ̊̕͡i̢̧̺̫ͭ̾͋͋̚s̷̑̇͋̚͏̖͙͉k̷̨̻̟͉͎̱͌ͧ̈́͗̌͂̉ ̶̧͎̬̞̟̪͇̩̀̉ͧ͊̚ͅw͗ͭ͛҉̜̬͈̱̙ĥ̶̨̭̞̣̰̰͔̤͂̊̐̃͐ͭ̚a̴̦̳̻̯͍͍͉̞̔̓̈̈ͦ͗ͨ͟t̸̻̲̖̋ͤ̅ͣ̿ ̐̎̏̀̉ͦ͊ͥ̄́҉̩̞̼h̶̬̬̙̜̯̣ͤͦͅa̶̦ͩ͒p̡̜̱͚̘̊̃͒ͣ͞͡p̺͖̯ͩ̒ͮ̄ͨ̓́͠ͅe̺̼̤͉̱̤̭̳ͪͯͫ̅ͪ̉͆n̦̞̹̞͙͇͚̿ͮ̍̀s̛͕͕͖͙͚ͣ̅ͣͥ͜ ̘͙͔̲̬̟̉̓̾ͦͨͦ͑͢͜i̡̜̗̫̿͆̋ͭͤ̏f̴̼͎̻͍̗̝̓̽ͣͅͅ ̵̬̻̫̱͗ͧ̅̊ͯ͊̀͡s͖̺̦̝ͬ͛́̚h̞̬̞̻̬̦͈̒̈͌͑́̚ͅe̷̡̖͉̺͂ͮͦ ͍̞͍͕̍́ͩ̐̅d̡̡̤̼̮͇̳̙͓͊̋͂ͮr̗͚͋̆ͣ̍ͥͨ͛i̙̫̜̤̩̿͋̊ͩͮ̉ͤ̊̇͞ņ̸̢͍̭͇̰͉̘̙̄̓ͮk̦̙̲̤̝̪̂̓̄͗ͦ͂ͯ̚͢s̶̰̮̫̼̣͙̈̎̓̆̾̓͗ ̛̙̭̙͉̬̓̈̉ͩͣ̇̃͒y͋̇̃̆̒̐̂̉̽҉͕͎̣̱̮̱͍̞̪ȯ̢͓̭ͪ̀͒͗͒͆͋̕͝uͧ̉̅̈́͢҉͙̟rͫ̋̑҉̠̫͙͠ ̝̣̼̺͈̦̗̰͔̐͂̍͛͆ͥ͌͜͝b̴̦̻̼̗̰ͫͨ̿͢ļ͉͍̯̱̽̆̾͗͂̾̐ͅǫ̸̨̫͇͋ͦͩ̽̽ͯͦ̓o̸͈̳̽ͥd̸ͪ̽̍̃̋̊̌͏҉̹̟?̵̹̳͖͙̤̯̑̋̆̅"

A girl in worn out robes holding a large staff appeared from the bushes, and her tone of voice certainly suggested she was far from happy.

"Ġ̴͔͕̯̔ͭ̾̒̽̀͡e͇̲̼̖͚̘̜̝̞ͭ͑ͭ̇ͫ̿̌̈t͚̗̣͇̳̟̿ͤ́́ ̶͚̱͍͙̠͙̬̱̐̾ͬ̄́̀̚ț̛̩̈̾̀̉̃̾͑̈́̀o͖͖̜̲͚̫ͭͫ ̠͍̬͚̰͂̈̐ͮͤͪͭ̔̚͢w̿̍̑̽҉̫̳̟͈͙͕̝ͅo̓̋̐̓҉͓̝̀͡ṛ̨̟̯̭̙̹̟͚̣ͭ͐̋ͫͭ͂͡k̴̪ͯ.̹̱͈̤̰ͣ̅̓͑̇́ ̬̗̠̗̥̐̐͒̀́I͇̦̳͕̯͚̝ͮ͛ͅţ̴̤̞̹̺̦͗ͮͧ͋͛̓ͩ'̠͈̻̳̙̯̲̦̣͛̃̆͐͆̒ͧͦ́͜s͖͈͙̞ͬ͗̇̑͟͠ ̑͊̒̓̄̀҉̥̖̹̳̠ͅo̹͖͕̝̠̱̩̔̓̌̉͟ͅd̡͂̍ͧͫ͂̂҉̴͕̝̙d̨͙̭̟̭̈́͆̈́̆̓ͣ̽͠ ͚̼̲̻̉ͥ͛ͩ͛̓͠t̵̢̜̬͎̟͇̂̀ͯ͛̇ͨͅͅw̙̥͖̠͊̓̃̇̓̔ǫ̸̺̆̔̏͐ͣ̂ ̢͓͖̖̟̏̋ͦͬͪ͝o͎̊̎ͩ̌ͥ̌f̢͕̙̞̗ͨ̊͗̑ ̧̥̮͖̪̖̞͙̮ͥ̈́̾ͣ̆̊͗͑t̟̦̙̙͂́ͣͭ̉̐́͒h̟̲̤̔̄ͭ͡e̴̳̭̜ͯͣ͗m̦̞̮̳͉̓̀̈ͫͫ̀̔̚͠ ̢̩̣̮̙̄ͯ̇̊̂͐̚ŵ̷̵̼̰͙̒͋̇̔̉̾̕o̴̢͖̙̮̞̓̿ͅͅu̧̙̲̗͉͈͈̝̿͒ͧͥ̇́͠l̥̞̹̜̼̬͎̠̫̓̌͋̽ͦ͛̎̓̽́͡d̡͎͇̯̆̉̈́ͭ̃ͧ̈͛́͠ ̡͕ͦ͒ͪͭ̽͆̕b̛̛̲̬ͨͭ̅ͦ̂̔̅̈́ḛ̖͔͈͖̟̍̄̊ͣ̾ ̴͙̼̝̰͖͍͛͑ͮt̼̥̭͇̰ͭ̉͂͆̀̀͞o̷̹͓̹͚͇̹͋̒ͫ̈́̓̋̒͒͐g̛̦̪̻̻͋ͭͥͭ͠e̛͈̪̬͚͒ͭ͛̓̋ť͌͏̵̼̰̣̰̪̕ḥ̨͍̮͙̻̹̀̈̇ͮ̃ͣ̀̿e̥ͬͥ͊ͨͥ̃͂̎̚͜͠r̨̛͙̹͔̞̻̤̥͚̻ͮ̄ͫ͞ ̷̫͔̜̲͕̲͖͋ͯ̌ͤ̒l͎̺̖͎ͩ͗̑̅̓̐̄ͨi̋̍͏͚̯̣k̳̤͌ͩͦͣ̀͋ͨ͐̆͘e̢̹̩̝̔͂̆͑͡ ̡̣̲̍ͦ͐͢ẗ̗͖̻̱̮̖̱̳́̑̄ͭ́͞h̤̹͈̣̏̂̇͊i̟̠̇̊͟s̸̺̥̊͗̽̉̑̏̀́.̗͇̱̱̲̦͍͛ͯͥͧ̍̉̚ ̖̝͇̻̞̼̆ͥ̔̑ͭ̕͜͠T̜̳̰̰̰ͣͨ͊h̡̞̰̲͓̝̱̋ͯ́͋͊̋̉e̢̻̻̾͗ ̵̞̯ͯ͗͢c̢̦̟̳ͫͦ̏ͫ̒ͫ̐ͣ͢a͋ͦ͂ͫͫ҉̻͈̲͇͉̱͈ͅp̸̯͖̪͉̝̰̂͒͂̄̏͐̎͜ḯ͑͛̔̄ͧͦ̈̚҉̣͓͙̫͇̟̳t̺͍͖͕̎͆̐ͣ̈́͗̒ͧ̀́aͫ͆́̒͢͏̺̦͓̲l̨̛̥̥̩̦̠͈͓̈́͡ ̷͍̯̜̗̜͎͙ͧ̈ͩ̃ͥ͋̚w̪͇̫̱̙̓ͬͮ̑ĭ̶̼͙͔̦̐͛̐̔l̢͋͡҉̟̩̠͓̜̣͉̣͚lͫͬ̋̕҉̘͖͇ ̷̡̳̭̖̳̑ͦͫ͊́̓̂͐p̬̙̫̪̩̦̌̔͝ḁ̵̮͓ͭ̌ȳ̡̛̛̫̣̯͍̤͉̗̿ͬ͑͆ͅ ̷̠̘͖̫̹̤̗͔̊̆̕͞g̦͇̙̙̞̖̜ͪ͋ͩͦ̀ͭ͜ơ̬̣̝͙̳̜̤̭̌ͮō̩̺̬̮͆̽̽͝d̟͚̦̝̝̹͚̓ͅ ̿̊ͥ͊͒̔ͨ͏̵̣͍̜̫͙͟m̭͖͇͕̂̽o̖͈ͮ͊͛͂́̑͒̎̚n̰̪͇̫̙̠ͮ͐͛̏͗̋͐e̓ͨ͐̾ͨ̊̾̚͏͓̠̯̤̪̳̠͡y̟̥̙̬͑ ̪̙̙̮̭̣ͦͯ́ͨ́͟f̎͆͐ͩͬͦ͏̧̖̬͙̗̠͇̭̞o̍̉҉̤̕r̹̜̟̣̐ͮͫ͜͝ ̢̼͚͖͙̗̖̓̂́͘t̵̠͇̥͓͐ḥ̻͉̥̞̲̤͐ͪ͝ẻ͖̲̉ͮ͑̃̚͢m̡̑̈́ͥ̓ͨͭ͌̏͢҉͍͕̩̟̬̱.̞̥̲̮̩̜̣̺ͭͫͥ̃ ̺ͥ̆̊ͬ̾W̛̤̥̟̭͙̰̏̈́̂͝ẹ̼̩̟̃͒̀ ̴͛ͯ̈̕͏͈̤̳̪c̭̲̘͚̱̫̐̇̏ͣͨő̴̷̰̊ͮͩͦ̄̏̚u̴͓̳͆̅̿̅͐̀ḽ̷͎̹̰̯̙̩̰̃̓ͣ̂͞ḍ̷̢̓̄͋͟ͅ ̩͖̮̮̫̮̩̞̱̇̓͟ḁ͔̝̝̭̠̳ͯͬͭͮ͒ͬ͠l̴̮̝̲̏͐̈́̽ͣ̍̅̐s̵̨̝̦̅ͧ͐̐̄̚͠ǫ̨̳̟̱̭̘̫̊̋ͦ͒ͫ̓͐͋ ̛͎̦̇͋̓̈ͫ̋̚͘ų̶̯̋͗̌̏̃̑s̙̮̯̳̫̊̐̓ͦͣͥ́̕e̛͔̦̟̩̮͗͂͛̑ͯ͘͡ ͣ̆̿ͯ͂̆̅҉̴͙̪̜̱A̱̣ͦ͑ͧͪͤ̇ ̸̴͔͓̩̜͖̬̓̇̎̀̊̽B̥̟̦͙̗̮͎͍̐̉ͫ́̕Î̯̭̫̕͝T̵̛̩͉͈̻̫̝͓̋ͯ̊͛ ̤͍̤̮͓̾̇̒ͯ̽̉Ṁ͉̱́͠Ō̴̶͙̯̣̳̑̚Ṟ̸̸̘̪͎̄ͤ̒͋́E̮̩͒ͩ̒̊̈́ͧ͂͢ ͬ͋ͯ̐ͯ͏̴̙̟͍̩͢S̡̳̭͇̥̯̘̾̚͞U̾͑ͭ̾̔̊ͤͤ͏̢͈̗͝P̥̞̝̟̭͙ͨͮͬ͑͟ͅP̮͕̩͔̰̣͖̘͍ͭ̅̃̄̋ͮÕ̶̭͖̬͎͎̫͑̀R͈̫̙̞͉͔̄̑̏̚͟Ť̢͖͓ͬ̾!̧̦͉̠̖̥͂̽ͯ"̥̞͕̘͈͙ͯ̊͠͞ ̙͙͓͖̤̽̐"

The human readied her staff, causing my eyes to widen, but before I could do anything the earth beneath my feet bent around it like a tree growing roots, joining my legs together and preventing my escape. At the same time, the warrior human boy charged at Solaris.

"RUN!" I shouted at Solaris, hoping at least SHE could escape. Then I turned to the mage girl again and raised a hand towards her. "Status!"

token_2.png
    Name: Gloria Cassa Level: 5
    Stats:

Classes: Mage; Elementalist; Earthmancer;

Equipment: Earthdance Staff; Trainee's robes; Lingerie Bra; Witchery Hat; Forester's Boots; Alchemist's Gloves;

Did we even stand a chance?

[/div]

[/div]

Code:
[div=width:55%;background-color:black;border:5px solid orange;border-radius:25px;color:green;margin:0 auto;overflow:hidden;][div=width:21%;float:left;][img]https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/token_1-1-png.548566/[/img][/div] [b]Name:[/b] Zalgo Cnomom  [b]Level:[/b] 5
[b]Species:[/b] (humanoid) Human

[b]Classes:[/b] Warrior; Rogue; Scout;

[b]Communication:[/b] Humantongue;

[b]Equipment:[/b] Common leather breastplate; Common leather armor; red headband; Forester Boots; Extra Thick Socks; Forester Gloves; Trainee's Katana ;

[/div]

Code:
[div=width:55%;background-color:black;border:5px solid orange;border-radius:25px;color:green;margin:0 auto;overflow:hidden;][div=width:21%;float:left;][img]https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/token_2-png.548648/[/img][/div] [b]Name:[/b] Gloria Cassa  [b]Level:[/b] 5
[b]Species:[/b] (humanoid) Human

[b]Classes:[/b] Mage; Elementalist; Earthmancer; 

[b]Communication:[/b] Humantongue;

[b]Equipment:[/b] Earthdance Staff; Trainee's robes; Lingerie Bra; Witchery Hat; Forester's Boots; Alchemist's Gloves;

[/div]

I felt a wave of relief when the new creature took out the monster. I say creature for the sole reason that I have no idea what is what in this world. For all I know they could be vampires or something along the line- after all, Paigi did not seem like an inhuman at first glance. I truthfully could not say that the possibility of them being inhuman scared myself, for a multitude of reasons. For one, I was a fox girl. I doubted that classified as "human" in any sense of the word. Second of all, it was not like they were idiotic beasts who could not understand anything- myself and Paigi were proof of that. Granted, we both were foreigners to this world, so it could also partly be due to that. And finally, I was truly never bothered by race beforehand.

On a similar note, someone's religion, sexuality, or body type never bothered me. Mental state? Well, that's another can of worms I'd rather not think about.

The skill they used did make me pause. It was fascinating- but also a bit disturbing. The complete change of the monster's leg was scary- not in the fact that the monster was damaged, but more of the idea of what abilities can do in this place. If a simple command can alter the structure of a living creature- what else could be done? The man did not even look like he was breaking a sweat...

The physical appearance of the boy did not surprise me too much, however, it did leave me with a question- was he going for stealth with that outfit? It would have worked a lot better if it was not for that scarlet headband wrapped around his head.

Then again, who am I to complain? I look like an eleven-year-old kitsune in white rags.

And a katana? I had no idea of the technology in this world- but if they are using swords, I suppose it is not as technologically advanced as our world. Our... previous world? I found it was still a bit hard to wrap my head around the fact that this is not the same place I lived throughout my whole life- or previous life.

Regardless, I held suspicion on the newcomer. Even though they did just take out the monster, whose to say they were friendly? After all, it isn't the appearance which makes a monster in my eyes. My guard instantly arose, as I muttered
"Status" under my breath.

token_1-1-png.548566
Name: Zalgo Cnomom Level: 5
Stats:

Classes: Warrior; Rogue; Scout;

Equipment: Common leather breastplate; Common leather armor; red headband; Forester Boots; Extra Thick Socks; Forester Gloves; Trainee's Katana ;

Well... they weren't otherworlders, so it was a native to this world. A part of me wanted to ask a lot of questions, yet I knew he wouldn't be able to answer me based on our different communication methods. The high level and higher statistics made me want to leave the area, especially due to the fear that lingered in the back of my mind.

I looked up from the screen and saw the boy laughing and pointing at Pagi. As I previously suspected, I could not decipher a single word that came from his mouth- although he seemed happy? He seemed to take us as a joke- and non-threatening. That... was not a good sign. Granted, I knew they would probably be able to take us in a fight- yet it was a bit concerning to see another so sure of themselves in that.

My thoughts were cut short as another being appeared out of a bush- how many other people are around here that we don't know about it? Did everyone just so happen to be taking a stroll in a magical forest that dropped off people who were reborn? I half expected something to just fall out of the sky at this point. Would definitely not be the oddest thing I've seen today.

The lady did not seem friendly to say the least if her tone and nonverbal communication was anything to go by. I subconsciously backed up, ready to just get the hell out of there. I did not have time to check the second newcomer's status, because I just noticed the roots around Paigi's feet. Now, I'd typically go and attempt to help- however, Paigi's yell notified me to the human male charging my way.

I admit, at the moment I panicked. Instead of fighting, I turned tail (first time I used that in a literal sense) and ran. Around ten seconds in, I realized something- he still had a higher speed status than me. So a few seconds in, I realized I should probably look for a way to slow him down...

I realized I should have said a more... useful spell, probably "Firebolt", or something along the lines. But I admit, I panicked. I yelled out "Conjure Nourishment" since the spell was fresh in my mind. I paused momentarily as I grabbed the glop of mush that formed. Not knowing what else to do, I abruptly stopped, turned, and threw it directly at his face.

I paused at that, just for a moment, marveling at my clearly genius plan. I would have laughed if it was anyone else, at any other time. I did not stand around for long though- I used that moment to take an abrupt turn and dive behind a tree.

Still, in fear, I whispered "Status", not quite wanting to make any noise.

token_3-png.540441
Stats:

Remaining Skill Points:

Classes: Mage (1); Rogue (1)

Communication: Kitsune Module Rank1 (verbal);

Skills:
[Hypnosis Rank1 (CHEAT)(25)]
[Otherwolder]
[Inhuman Strife]
[Sneak Rank 1 (3)]
[Stealth Rank 1 (10)]
[Illuminate Rank 1 (3)]
[Firebolt Rank 1 (4)]

Statuses: -Fear (Rank3)-;

Nothing seemed too useful at that moment- until my eyes landed on the Sneak skill. I had no idea what it did exactly- but sneaking around did seem useful right now. I clicked on the skill quickly, hoping it would do something advantageous. I crawled over to a nearby bush, and hid underneath it, trying to ignore the tremors that went throughout my body.

Last edited:

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text]
    "Status!" I yelled out as the fox girl turned her tail and fled. There was a part of me that felt almost betrayed at the sight of the girl not even trying to rescue me, but given who we were facing, I had to aknowledge they wouldn't have been able to anyway. It wouldn't be fair to demand they be a hero in such a hopeless situation. So, all I could do was try to figure out an escape on my own. With only a look over her shoulder, and seemingly confident that I would pose no threat, the mage girl headed back to grab something. This was my chance! I scrolled through my open skill list, hoping to find a useful skill to escape. "form switch" seemed suitable enough. I wasn't sure what forms I could switch to, or if it even meant what I thought it might, but if indeed it was some kind of shapeshifting it might change my size in a way that would let me escape. I pressed it with a gulp of air.

<Please select form (warning: selection permanent)- Bat form or Bird Form> Appeared the red letters in front of me, with two rectangles beneath it, side by side, with the two options. I definitely didn't want to become a bat, bats were way too creepy. I pressed the button for bird form. The voice echoed in my head again. <Please select bird type.>

What?! How was I supposed to know what kind of bird I wanted to become? Like, what even was a bird type? Were they categories, or just like, the species? So, like, a chicken? Wait, no, no, not a chicken! There was a sort of black bar that appeared in front of me, with letters for me to press. I began rubbing my temples, trying to figure out what kind of bird I would want, while internally cursing my prior life's disinterest in ornithology. On second thought, it still seemed super uninteresting... Couldn't there be some kind of visual list, heck I'd even take a list in names. I only knew so many birds, pidgeons, chickens, eagles...eagles...

I began to press the board. E. A. G-

There was a big pressure on the back of my head. It felt something akin to getting hit by a baseball bat. Then I heard a tsc, and some words I didn't understand, and everything went black, with the final words.

<Consciousness lost. Use of "Form Switch" skill canceled. Reseting options.>

[/div]

[/div]

When the amazingly camouflaged human put a blade towards my throat, I resisted the instinctive urge to run, and get out of there. However, for better or worse, I decided against trying that out. I doubted he would just let me leave- nor sit back idly while I casually scrolled through my skills to find something to lead to his demise. That could lead to the possibility of him deciding I wasn't worth the effort and just end me right then and there. Or possibly injure me or cut off my legs-

Yeah,a bit of an extreme thought, but I've been told I didn't exactly have what they call an "optimistic" personality. I guess I could be considered a pessimist, but I think a "realist" fits myself a lot better. After all, if something seems extremely unlikely- there's a high chance that somehow that would happen. Probably because the universe has a twisted sense of humor. Case and point? Waking up in another dimension as a fox girl, after dying, running into a magical forest- and then run into a horse-like creature that seemed to come right out of a fairy tale. Then get saved from it, just to get thrown into a more problematic situation.

I had to admit, there was almost a giggle that rose from my throat at the sight of the grey mush on his face. It looked like he wiped some off- but it was obvious to me what happened. If I watched this from a third person perspective, I probably would have been cracking up at the slap-stick humor. I know it wasn't the time for that- and since I was in a grave situation, with a warrior that can probably end my life, I should not point and laugh at him. That would just be idiotic on so many levels. I truthfully didn't expect to nail him right in the head, if anything, I was half expecting to completely miss or hit his shoulder or something else that was useless by pure chance.

That did not do anything to diminish the fear that was clearly in the forefront of my mind. That was next to impossible to vanquish. I quietly stood up, not daring to disobey the man. In truth, I was hoping he was idiotic enough to let his guard down so I can run out of there. He seemed like the easier one to deal with, while the female seemed to be the more worrying one. I wasn't discrediting the man's skill- he can clearly beat me, that much was obvious. He'd be able to find and outrun me. However, he seemed to be the more careless one of the two, while the mage seemed to have a more serious personality if the way they interacted was anything to judge by. The words were impossible to decipher, but it seemed like she was giving him orders- in which Zalgo was following without a question or objection. I assumed that the mage held the leadership role out of the two.

When the rocks formed over my wrist, I admit, I was surprised, but not as much as I would have been. I assumed something like this would happen- since Paigi was currently unconscious and being carried over the male's shoulders. There was a relieved feeling that welled up in my chest that she was unconscious- and not deceased. I did feel guilt over just leaving like that- but what was I supposed to do? I found the idea of staying around a clearly better opponent, while my teammate was captured by the mage's vines idiotic. I doubted that I'd be able to free her- or take care of two high leveled enemies while she was incapacitated. I didn't get too far- but it seemed like I had a better probability of surviving if I got out of there. Besides, she'd probably do the same thing if it was the other way around.

I can't really tell whom I was trying to convince with that. Perhaps myself to lessen the slight guilt that lingered. She did save me and take a hit for me with the messed up unicorn creature. Yet, that did seem a lot more hopeful in comparison to this. There seemed to be more of a fighting chance in that situation.

A part of me wanted to make the mage's and scout's lives a lot harder, probably piss them off or anger them. Who knows, maybe I can cast an illusion spell and try to scare them off with a giant spider? An appealing thought, yet ridiculous in action. The best way to deal with this situation was to give my full compliance, and hope there's a window of escape at some point. So when the staff was pressed against my back- I dutifully walked, feeling like a prisoner being walked to the executioner.

Idea Idea

Last edited:
[class=surround] border-radius:25px; border:6px solid silver; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/65/6e/f0656e1ecddff7f8221d05ed2db1d33e.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; width:97%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=mainpic] border-radius:50%; border:4px double gold; overflow:hidden; width:18%; float:left; [/class] [class=text] border-radius:25px; text-align:left; border:5px double darkgreen; width:70%; margin-left:8%; display:inline-block; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class] [class=title] border:3px solid darkgreen; width:35%; margin-left:27%; display:inline-block; text-align:center; background-image:url('https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/leaves-pattern-design_1250-68.jpg'); background-size:10%; color:crimson; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=Paigi] font-size:400%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=Stratioti] display:inline-block; font-size:400%; [/class] [class=token] display:inline-block; width:21%; [/class] [class=Phonepic] border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; border:5px double gold; width:50%; overflow:hidden; height:210px; [/class] [class=Phonetext] border-radius:25px; border:5px double darkgreen; width:85%; margin:0 auto; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class] [class=GM] width:80%; border:8px double grey; color:red; background-color:white; border-radius:25px; margin:0 auto; [/class]

• GM Post

[div class=GM] Having essentially surrendered, Solaris was taken along by the humans, who eyed their prior prey (the spikeback) with a small hint of saddness. The warrior aimed his blade at Solaris again, trying to balance carrying Paigi on one shoulder while his free arm threatened the fox girl and his companion removed parts from the slain beast which she stuffed into a leather bag. She didn't take that much, but some of the spikes, the eyes and one of the hoofs at least were taken. The female human told something incomprehensible to either of the two inhumans to the male, then he nodded in response and they got walking again. From there, other than a gradual reduction of the tree density, the forest didn't change in any manner as radical as it had after they left the ruined castle. It took them a few hours, with the warrior occasionally "reminding" Solaris of his presence by gently poking her back with his blade. The mage on the other hand kept looking right, left and back with a slightly worried expression, as if expecting something very dangerous to come. Whatever it was, it never seemed to actually make an appearance.

They thus managed to leave the forest mostly unscathed. The two humans briefly stretched in turns, each keeping an eye on the captives while the other gave their limbs some space, and were about to get their food bags for lunch when the mage spotted something in the distance and pointed at it while presumably telling the warrior about it with her words. One with as good sight as Solaris would barely have to squint her eyes to spot the approaching wooden cart being ridden by an old man with a straw heart, and driven by two horses (who were clearly well-aged in their own right). Being transpored as well was a large iron cage, a few crates and a sheet to protect them from the heat. The two humans decided to hold off on lunch at that moment, and instead headed for the road the cart would travel through, with the mage counting the coins they had on them and some other goods. By his tone of voice, one could garner the warrior wasn't entirely content with whatever decision was being made at that time but the mage quickly sushed him with a glare and some authorative words (plus a scoff and a wave of the hand). She finished counting the coins and gave a wave and a friendly smile to the approaching old man, as if she wasn't bringing two hostages with her.

The man seemed to fall for it though. He stopped the cart and a had small chat with the girl, after which she handed him the two adventurer's money. Nowit was the cart driver's turn to count, but one could see the growing grin on his face. On the other hand, to those focusing their attention elsewhere it was now evident that inside the cage was rather filthy, there was mud and excrements all over, something that wasn't particularly surprising considering it was stuffed with live pigs. After the old man finished counting, he nodded towardsthe mage, they exchanged some more words, then shook hands. At tha point, she turned glaring at Solaris, and the warrior pulled his sword on her. The mage climbed into the the back of the cart and held the cage's door, as well as the key that had just been handed to her. With a point of the finger, she signaled to Solaris where she was to go. The warrior did the same, but with his sword dangerously close to kissing her spine.[/div]

As I followed the two around like a lamb being led to there slaughter, my mind was pounding as I tried to figure out what in the world to do. Or is it worlds? Would this be like an alternate universe- or maybe this is some alien planet? That idea was ridiculous- for one, how exactly did I come back from the dead as a fox girl? That seemed to be a common question for my whole stay here. Granted, I honestly couldn't blame myself. Somehow some people can't get over turning into a fox girl overnight.

I mutely followed the two humans, wishing that there was some way out of this. I almost laughed at the irony of it all. I died in my previous life- just to end up getting killed a day into my new one. Or sold into slavery- one of the two. Once I think about it- it is probably slavery- maybe some sort of human trafficking ring? The idea filled me with a deeper sense of dread, and I wanted to just run for the hills. As much as that idea disgusted me- slavery, robbery, or perhaps getting marched to a more secluded area to end our lives seemed likely. Who knows- maybe the ruins we were just in was a hot spot and they didn't want some poor passerby walking by my mangled corpse? If that was the case, why they are such upstanding citizens to care about the community that way. I aspire to be just like them someday.

When we stopped momentarily- I was relieved. Mostly because once they start eating whatever is in that bag, I was going to run for the hills. I entertained the idea of grabbing Paigi- but considering the fact she was out cold, it somehow seemed more implausible then somehow outrunning two trained warriors.

Something made my heart flutter in relief- when I was examining the nearby area for an escape route, I saw a man. He seemed old- and reminded me of a farmer, mainly due to his straw hat. I was about to jump for joy- someone came! My mood faltered momentarily as I realized how idiotic that thought was. He was clearly older- and probably wouldn't be able to assist us in getting out of there if he had to fight for us.

Now I felt like a complete idiot once I continuously thought of it. Why would he even help us anyways? The two humans we were with didn't seem to think that kidnapping two people was a hard "no"- in fact, they seemed proud of it even. It made me realize- we were not on earth anymore. I know that was fairly obvious from the start, but it reminded myself that everything was different here. Languages, creatures, customs, and technology. If everything was different from my old home- society and daily life are probably different from there as well. Whose to say that this isn't the common practice?

Looking at the mage, it seemed my thought process was correct once she was smiling and waving to the man.

I watched with grimness as the two paid the man, and my new prison's door was open to me. I was almost about to laugh at the absurdity of them glaring at me like I was the one who kidnapped them and dragged them over here. A part of me wanted to question what they were so hostile for- did they really think a young kitsune can do anything against them? Granted, I wasn't exactly the most "willing" participant- so if I ever kidnapped someone, I'd probably be on guard for any escape attempts.

Deciding to not go in kicking and screaming like a fool, I mutely climbed into the wretched cage. However, I "accidentally" slipped up- kicking back some brown muck onto the male behind me. Now, I was glad I was wearing shoes- because I had no idea if that was mud or crap. Probably both. I did not feel an ounce of guilt though. What is he going to do anyways- kill me? I doubt the old man would let any damage happen to the property he paid for.

Continuing into the cage- like I didn't have a single idea what I "accidentally" did, I silently went into the farthest end of the cage- as far as I can humanly get from the two that bought me here. I hoped I didn't seem it- since I didn't wish to give my captors any satisfaction, but I was terrified. Whenever I was scared I always did one thing: ignore the issue and hope it goes away. I know that is not how you're supposed to handle issues- but I never claimed I was that smart with my own personal emotions.

So there I sat, in possibly the lowest point of my life. In the cleanest corner of a cage (with the least amount of grime), surrounded by live pigs. Can today possibly get any worse?

Idea Idea

Last edited:
[class=surround] border-radius:25px; border:6px solid silver; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/65/6e/f0656e1ecddff7f8221d05ed2db1d33e.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; width:97%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=mainpic] border-radius:50%; border:4px double gold; overflow:hidden; width:18%; float:left; [/class] [class=text] border-radius:25px; text-align:left; border:5px double darkgreen; width:70%; margin-left:8%; display:inline-block; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class] [class=title] border:3px solid darkgreen; width:35%; margin-left:27%; display:inline-block; text-align:center; background-image:url('https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/leaves-pattern-design_1250-68.jpg'); background-size:10%; color:crimson; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=Paigi] font-size:400%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=Stratioti] display:inline-block; font-size:400%; [/class] [class=token] display:inline-block; width:21%; [/class] [class=Phonepic] border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; border:5px double gold; width:50%; overflow:hidden; height:210px; [/class] [class=Phonetext] border-radius:25px; border:5px double darkgreen; width:85%; margin:0 auto; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; [/class] [class=GM] width:80%; border:8px double grey; color:red; background-color:white; border-radius:25px; margin:0 auto; [/class]

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text]
    My eyes opened up as my body felt the air twirling around me as if I was dancing, when I was in "flying" towards the mass of pink skin rummaging around what a glance seemed like mud within iron bars. Of course, the pigs imediately seemed to panic as I landed right on the backs of a couple, bouncing once like a stone thrown at a lake, before finding myself sliding from the top of the pigs to the top of the mud and underneath a bunch of angry pigs. Someone with a rough-sounding voice (whose words I once again was entirely unable to understand) started yelling towards the now closed page, and I felt a couple pokes from some form of wooden stick before the pigs finally started keeping a little more distance from me. Little in the sense of a few inches of course, and even that probably wouldn't last with how cramped the whole place was, wherever it was. I looked around, and spotted my new friend also sitting down in a corner of the cage with mud already covering her tail as it did pretty much my whole body. I got a gist of the situation from that. So she wasn't able to get away and this cage probably belonged to one of those two. I looked around, and spotting the mage and warrior happily chatting with an old man with a wooden staff and holding the reigns for the single horse that pulled the entire cart, clearly struggling with each step (hoof?) forward. I raised my hand to the old man, thinking about maybe checking his status, but then realized the pointlessness of it: That certainly wouldn't help us escape, if there was even such a way.

While I wanted to sit down, the pigs began tugging at me again the moment I tried, pulling my dress or stepping on me. Standing up at least made them mind their own space a little more. I tried taking a few steps towards Solaris, hearing those murky blurp noises with every step, and I reached a hand to put it in between Solari's fox ears and trying to rub her head.

"I know you can't understand me at all, but, I hope you'll at least understand this. We'll be fine, ok? Even if we're headed somewhere dangerous, I'm sure we'll find a way to be fine." I tried smiling at her, hoping it wouldn't have any adverse effect, and then returned to my place before our captors could suspect we were plotting something. My gaze was drawn out to the fields and woods that stretched up until the various mountain ranges and hills that filled our horizon. My legs began to shake. Despite only having been standing for maybe a couple of minutes, between that large headache, the tiny growl of my stomach to which our captors seemed to take no heed, and just how unbelievaby heavy my limbs felt, I couldn't help but to fall butt first into the mud. My arms instinctively covered my head, shielding it from as much sunlight as possible, fully covering the face, burying what was left with my knees, even using the pigs in an attempt to get some extra protaction. My breathing felt a little heavier and more difficult now. It stung a little in my skin, and I couldn't help but to let out a little sound like a faint moan, which finally caught the eye of the warrior and the mage. The mage squinted her eyes, and widening them again seemed to scold the warrior, to walked past the cage and grabbed a sheet of sorts from which he dumped a bunch of junk before finally using it as a mantle covering the cage which finally allowed me to breathe in relief. Nonetheless, I still fell to my back on the mud, as if I was laying on the bed after a hard day's work. Protecting myself just enough not to become a pig seat, I felt too weak to even want to move from that position, despite my sense of smell seeming to come back to me with some pretty nasty news...

My stomach growled a few more times, causing me to cling to my belly as we travelled, especially with the occasional bump of the road or scare from a new voice being overheard from behind the sheet, as if I was listening to characters in some theater that felt particularly artistique that day. In less than a day though, it turned out we had arrived. I knew that because we suddenly stopped, and then something made the cart shake. Before I could realize what it was, a man covered head to toe in armor and carrying the spear, pulled up the sheet, causing me to isntinctively pull back to where there was more shade and cover my face again.

[/div]

[/div]

When my new companion decided to pet me, I almost let out a growl of all things. Really, what sort of person growls at another? An animal? I am no such thing- actually, considering all the developments today, I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't classified as one anymore. The thought itself did disturb me if I'm being truthful, once I thought of the possible issues it can bring in this world. Would I be treated as the equivalent of say, a pig? Oh god, what if they decide to eat me- or take my tail off and use it as an exotic fur? What if I'm used for something akin to a mule- just a slave for work? What if...

As my mind went wild, my body decided to react on it's own. I ended up leaning into the touch, a pleased sound coming from my throat. As I finally snapped back to reality, red dusted my cheeks in pure embarrassment. Although, when she took her hand away I had to admit I missed the physical contact... It was a soothing, welcoming relief, especially in a time like this. I wish I could understand what she was saying, it would make everything a lot more easier. Although, I assumed she was currently saying something kind- judging by her tone and the smile she gave me.

When Paigi started to shake, I was at a genuine loss at what to do. I've never experienced much like this before- or I assumed I haven't. Considering the blurb of memories I currently have, it wouldn't surprise myself too much if I forgot an instance like this. What was causing this? Nothing harmful was in the area- it was disgusting, but not dangerous. Sure, the sun was annoying and all but-

Oh.

Why am I so stupid? She's a vampire! Of course the sun would bother her- all the myths said the sun harms them. Or makes them sparkle. I felt... fearful, and helpless. Granted, I already did before she started acting this way, but the feeling seemed more intense. Why am I so useless in this? I couldn't free myself- nor could I save her. I can't even provide her any relief from the harsh sun-

Why couldn't the god that decided to play with my life pick someone more worthy of a second chance?

Snapping out of my thoughts, I was about to go grab someone to check on Paigi- consequences be damned. Besides, I highly doubt they would have damaged me for doing so. No one would buy damaged... "goods". However, it seemed one of them finally decided to pay us some mind as she threw a cover over the vehicle.

What a nice, and considerate person! Helping a child vampire! They were probably doing it so Paigi's value doesn't diminish in the slave ring or... whatever, but hey, it's the thought that counts. Gold stars for all of them.

I'll be honest- I have... no idea how to comfort a person. At all. However, I felt that I should in this situation, feeling a sense of... sympathy? Friendship? Despite my conflicting thoughts, I did something I had come to regret. What did I do? Nothing. I left her on the floor. For a few reasons- she was a vampire, and in a weak state. I didn't know if moving or jostling her would make things worse or not. There was also the lingering fear of overstepping my boundaries, or doing something that would be misunderstood.

I realized how lucky I was in my old world that most people spoke English. Being able to communicate decently would be amazing right now.

Trying to pass the time and distract myself, I peaked outside the cart, moving the covering ever so slightly to peak outside. The place was beautiful, there was no denying that. The one thing that made me gasp in a mixture of amazement and surprise were the large birds in the sky-

Wait, those aren't birds. They were dragons. Because of course they are- why can't I deal with anything normal in this place? They were breathtaking regardless, and I felt a childish wonder as I gazed at them.

The wondrous feeling was short lived, and bitter sweet as I realized I probably would either be killed, or enslaved in this lovely place. That thought "surprisingly" put a damper on my mood quickly, and was slowly replaced by a mixture of disgust and fear.

When the door opened, I practically jumped out of my seat, startled to no end. I glanced back to Paigi and saw her scamper to the back of the cart. Instinctfully, I raised my hands up in an "I surrender" motion, before lowering them realizing how stupid that probably looked. It took me a moment to realize how the other girl was covering her face, and hesitantly- I moved to stand in front of her, trying to shield some of the sun from her.

Might not have been too effective- but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

Idea Idea

[class=surround] border-radius:25px; border:6px solid silver; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/65/6e/f0656e1ecddff7f8221d05ed2db1d33e.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; width:97%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=mainpic] border-radius:50%; border:4px double gold; overflow:hidden; width:18%; float:left; [/class] [class=text] border-radius:25px; text-align:left; border:5px double darkgreen; width:70%; margin-left:8%; display:inline-block; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; padding:1%; [/class] [class=title] border:3px solid darkgreen; width:35%; margin-left:27%; display:inline-block; text-align:center; background-image:url('https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/leaves-pattern-design_1250-68.jpg'); background-size:10%; color:crimson; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=Paigi] font-size:400%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=Stratioti] display:inline-block; font-size:400%; [/class] [class=token] display:inline-block; width:21%; [/class] [class=Phonepic] border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; border:5px double gold; width:50%; overflow:hidden; height:210px; [/class] [class=Phonetext] border-radius:25px; border:5px double darkgreen; width:85%; margin:0 auto; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; padding:1%; [/class] [class=GM] width:80%; border:8px double grey; color:red; background-color:white; border-radius:25px; margin:0 auto; padding:1%; [/class]

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text] To my surprise I wasn't utterly blinded by the whole incident, as instead Solaris got up and placed herself in front of me, shielding me from the light with her body. The guard scoffed at the sight of this, and though I couldn't quite see, it appeared as though he rolled his eyes (I presumed he was a guard because of the spear and the very complete-looking armor he had covering his body). The supposed guard attempted to lightly push Solaris out of the way with his spear, hitting the right of her belly with the blunt side of the spear's tip. His frown screamed that it wouldn't be just the blunt end for long if she didn't let him see me, so I pulled myself across the cage's floor, closing my eyes as the sun felt as though it was burning into my now exposed face like a laser. Fortunately for us, it appeared as though the guard was satisfied just at getting a good look at me, and quickly left and put the sheets back up. It wasn't quite as well done as how the warrior boy had done it though, so a few rays of sunshine could still pass through.

"Thank you" I whisper-told the fox girl, reaching my hand up to pet her. I found, however, that I didn't feel like I had the strength to get up to reach her head at least, so I had to settle for a belly rub. A pity, the girl seemed like she enjoyed the petting before. Hopefully this wasn't like, offensive to her or anything. Hopefully, she would like the bellyrubs just as much.

Due to the guard's sloppy closing of the sheet, it now had a small gap that woud allow Solaris, and myself when we were in the cover of the buildings, to observe the city outside. It wasn't, by any means, an abnormal city. It was mainly composed of dark shades of stone, forming a straight but soon ascending and mostly well-mantained road in between the slightly titled buildings with at most two floors, and the occasional shop (distinguishable by the unexpected appearance of glass showcases, and the fancier wooden sign with what was probably the shop's name and a symbol next to it which probably revealed what sort of shop it was supposed to be), all with enough of a gap between them to fit a horse. The base of the city, the one right past the walls, was entirely perpendicular and inhabited by soldiers, followed by people covered in mud and rags, then leather and progressively better clothes as the road shifted from plain to tilted. The one thing that seemed to remain unchanging as we crossed into the different layers of the city were the soliders marching up and down in rusty or shiny armor, armed with swords, shields and spears from various shops, like the ones we saw exiting from said shops. Some wore these incredibly serious expressions on their faces, other laughed and bantered like best friends (even though I still couldn't understand a word of what they were saying).

My stomach growled a little. Had we even eaten yet today? This was a city, there was probably all kinds of food in here. I wondered if they would give us some. They didn't seem to want us dead, so maybe, no, they would probably feed us. WIth what? I sniffed the air, perhaps a foolish hope, and immediately took a hand to my mouth. The smell was disgusting! It was probably from the pigs and the mud, ewww, I never wanted to sniff anything like that again! Surprisingly though, not even mixed in was there a sign of any food's smell. Nothing cooked. No vegetables even. It made me wonder if us not seeing a single open food shop on our climb was more than just a simple, yet odd coincidence.

I went back to a corner after I almost fell from the inertia when the carriage stopped. Right now we seemed to be surrounded by people who didn't mind me and Solaris being carried like actual animals in a cage, most of which were very well armed, unlike us. Last thing I wanted was for them to suspect me of doing something and hurting me because of it. Suddenly, a hand with a black glove appeared. My heart beat faster as it grabbed the sheet. Then, it pulled the sheet, which went flying above us, I covered my head, I closed my eyes. Was this the end for me? Yet, it seemed we were not at all exposed to sunlight at the moment. Instead we were in the shade in a wider street. The warrior admired the huge japanese-styled house, poking and knocking on the wood like a child that's just gotten the chance to pet a large yet friendly animal.

1451296130-6c10ca0977640775da72fd83e09e5774.jpeg

The mage on the other hand was standing in front of the cage alongside a black-haired man. The man was seemingly the one who owned the black glove I saw unveil the sheet. He also wore a surprisingly modern-looking attire, excluding the bits of armor here and there, as well as an eyepatch over his right eye. For a weapon he again seemed to have a japanese-styled sword, and I was really starting to sense a theme here.

c85a58b1179006049a3f1b55d159115b.jpg

Was this place some kind of Japanese-inspired location? Why did everything else remind me of fantasy or medieval Europe then? The Japanese stuff felt almost like an invasive species. It was almost as if someone-

The sound of a massive horn reverberated through the city, I could feel my very bones shaking with the sound. The man with the eyepatch growled, pointed at the cage while shouting something, then went with the mage and the warrior inside Japanese mansion. Screams could be heard in the distance, and soldiers were rushing down the street right next to our cage, some even tumbling down and having to get up, or falling down and having the misfortune to find the exact angle to start rolling down the street until they inevitably collided with some obstacle.

"What on Earth...or wherever this place is...is going on?" I asked, though the only person who could understand me was myself.

[/div]

[/div]

When the guard pushed me away, I found a light growl coming from my throat. I feel like I should be used to these weird instincts by now, but they all still feel completely unnatural. Thankfully, before I did something brave, stupid, or cowardly- Paigi decided to crawl up to him. A frown went onto my face as I saw how the sun negatively impacted her, and I wondered if throwing some of that food slop at him might work...

When Paigi decided to... rub my belly? I was kind of confused, and almost huffed in indignation- however, all that left my throat was a pleased noise. Why did it feel good? I'm not a cat! Well- I'm... a fox? Sort of? Well- I guess I am partly a fox, considering my new appendages...

What is my life?

If anyone told me I would be some sort of fox girl, getting pet by a vampire, while I'm in a cart full of pigs in some sort of fantasy setting, about to be taken into a city guarded by dragons of all things, to be sold to some rich guy? I would have asked what sort of drugs they were taking. But no, this is my life now I suppose.

When the hand was removed, I found myself frowning a bit- but I quickly covered it up, turning my embarrassed face towards the small opening. The area amazed- while confused me at the same time. The whole place seemed to have a medieval theme going on. The city seemed to move from slums, to a more wealthy district. I could tell by the change of the people's clothing, as well as the improving roads. I didn't pay too much attention to the people, I was more focused on trying to remember my surroundings- perhaps if we ever get out of these cages, it could come in handy for escaping.

Finally, we stopped. I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing- on one hand, perhaps we finally reached our destination and can gauge our area and situation better. However- we still reached the destination, who the hell knows what would happen here?

When the sheet was finally ripped off- I was about to go over to Paigi and see if she was alright, however, I soon realized it was shaded. How gracious of them to provide us these little comforts, swell people I tell you.

Oh speaking of which- there were two people there, that I could see at least. Maybe the bandanna boy was currently using his amazing camouflage somewhere and I just couldn't notice him. Wouldn't surprise me- he was on another level with a look like that. One of them was the mage from earlier, the other...

I was a bit uncertain if I should laugh- or be afraid of him based on his attire. He was dressed in all black- and wearing an eye patch. Despite me finding him attractive, his clothing alone gave me a major "bad guy" vibe. I swear, all he needed now was an evil laugh. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover- but if a guy like that is an upstanding citizen, or is not harmful at all- I'd have to rethink all my life choices- wait.

Was that a katanna?

People actually use katannas?

Where the hell do you even get a katanna? I thought those were never seriously used- unless it's on some sort of animated TV show.

Why am I questioning why some random guy has a katanna while I should be fearing for my life?

The katanna- and the house seemed really out of place. Japanese- and Medieval. It almost seemed like someone picked two different societies/time periods and just mashed them together.

Before I could think more about this, a horn startled me out of my thoughts- and I peeked out of the cage just to see a stampede of warriors start rushing down the streets. Despite the situation, I found myself laughing as a few of the "highly capable" warriors started rolling down the streets in an almost cartoony fashion.

They must be on a roll today.

I assumed there might be some sort of attack going on- or perhaps some major event? What else could gather all these guards' attention and send them stampeding like a herd of bulls?

For the meantime, I used our newly found alone time to scavenge the cage and look for any way to exit (who knows- maybe there is a loose walk or something rediculous) although, I highly doubted it was possible.

Idea Idea

Last edited:
[class=surround] border-radius:25px; border:6px solid silver; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/65/6e/f0656e1ecddff7f8221d05ed2db1d33e.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; width:97%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=mainpic] border-radius:50%; border:4px double gold; overflow:hidden; width:18%; float:left; [/class] [class=text] border-radius:25px; text-align:left; border:5px double darkgreen; width:70%; margin-left:8%; display:inline-block; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; padding:1%; [/class] [class=title] border:3px solid darkgreen; width:35%; margin-left:27%; display:inline-block; text-align:center; background-image:url('https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/leaves-pattern-design_1250-68.jpg'); background-size:10%; color:crimson; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=Paigi] font-size:400%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=Stratioti] display:inline-block; font-size:400%; [/class] [class=token] display:inline-block; width:21%; [/class] [class=Phonepic] border-radius:50%; margin:0 auto; border:5px double gold; width:50%; overflow:hidden; height:210px; [/class] [class=Phonetext] border-radius:25px; border:5px double darkgreen; width:85%; margin:0 auto; background-color:rgba(162, 240, 201, 0.75); color:blue; padding:1%; [/class] [class=GM] width:80%; border:8px double grey; color:red; background-color:white; border-radius:25px; margin:0 auto; padding:1%; [/class]

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text] It was pure chaos everywhere one looked. The guards kept running (and rolling) down like a swarm of metal ants. From a corner up the road the sound of a pile of wooden crates getting accidentally shoved down announced the coming of another part of the coming army. The soldiers in similar armor to the ones that were coming down the city so far were much scrawnier and shorter, their armor barely fit them, it was as if they'd be recruited in a hurry and not fed for several weeks after that. This one's didn't seem to have a hurry to them, many were simply shaking, and stumbling and wobbling in their vain attempt to march. The sounds of their armor was like that of pots and pans being bashed together on new years.

Behind them, however, was a far more diverse and combat-ready group. Archers with pointy ears dressed in gowns of leather and silk carried bows by the edges, while enormous hulks of black armor struggled to not even stay in formation (they'd clearly given up on that already), but just to avoid causing too much chaos by bumping into things, like the crates from earlier. Mixed among the blakc giants was yet another group, one of people (mostly of the female variety) wielding what seemed to be canes (staffs?) mixed into the group. They seemed just as nervous, if not more, as the second group of soldiers, though many of their looks were more focused on the black giants and in trying to keep them all in line. It was easy to imagine their efforts were probably the main reason why the black giant had yet to go tumbling down like the first soldiers we saw pass, especially the ones currently walking backwards. Which raised the question: Why were they walking backwards?

The answer came to reveal itself when that group passed, the pointy-eared people spitting as they passed by mine and Solari's cage, and the black armors making an even bigger effort not to squash our cage as they passed by. It did still get a couple of bumps from a couple of them (the ones going backwards), enough so that the door could be opened with a bit of effort, but two reasons kept me from attempting an immediate escape. The first was the army of soldiers currently going down to the base of the city, if we tried to run, we'd probably be caught immediately and who knew what would happen to us then. The other reason was what followed those soldiers: Led by a person with a long red beard and a very small stature that did not reflect the amount of fat under their heavy gold-encrusted armor, were what I could only think of as slaves. Dressed in rags and iron collars around their decks, a group of people with great variety. Many were mostly human except for various animal features, while others almost entirely resembled lizards, if only humanoid. Others even had additional arms and other features that made them just short of human. They were transporting these painted steel rectangles in their hands, carrying them as if it were wood gathered in the forest, wood that far exceeded their own height and which they clearly struggled to carry properly judging by their expressions. Others like them were not carrying the steel, but something else entirely:

The second group of slaves had the same iron collars as the others, but their attire was slightly different. Instead of rags, they had what appeared to be a oddly unmalleable and solid. Even from a distance the texture reminded me of one of those paintings that seemed to have shapes from a distance but only appeared to be a bunch of colored dots when you got closer, except these were of a brownish grey color except for red stains anyone would be able to tell was probably blood. These slaves were also not barefoot like the first, but had metallic spiked shoes and were walking along a line of sand on the edge of the road that I could swear was not there before. More importantly, however, the second group of slaves was not carrying those steel plates, but instead helping to push or pull a large wooden mechanism, something ballistic probably. It was enormous, far bigger than the cart that had been carrying the cage with me and Solaris in it, and these slaves were either pushing it from the top or holding it's weight by supporting it by two curved wooden "horns" it had with their chest or back.

We discovered were the sand lines came from when a group of the first slaves approaching the area near the cart and glanced looks of pity at me and Solaris. Then, they got to work, bashing their fingernails into the seemingly solid street until a metal plate like the ones they were carrying seemed to come out of the ground. They then lifted the plate, dragged it out from beneath the cart and handed it to those who were carrying less of the plates or none yet. The path beneath the cart now had a thin line of sand floor, just wide enough for the slaves carrying the ballistic mechanism to walk through. However, if our cart was over that path....

There was shouting. Someone came over, seeming annoyed. It was a fat short man with a twisted mustache, wearing some kind of fancy pompous white outfit. He glared at me and Solaris, mumbling something under his breath while tapping the handle of his whip against the palm of his free hand. Then he sighed, and called for two slaves who were currently behind the the firts mechanism, who hurried to go do something.

When I looked back to the little man, he was opening the door of our cage.

I just stayed there, unable to process what was happening. Was he letting us go? He seemed pretty pissed about that. Maybe the sudden emergency required it? No, wouldn't that make us a valuable work force if we were slaves? Maybe they wanted us to dress like the rest of them and help the effort to bring down those mechanisms? The little man growled.

"What the F*CK are you waiting for, GET OUT OF THERE YOU USELESS TRASH!" His shouts sent shivers through my whole body, so immediately crawled out of the cages, though it hurt a bit trying to move through the pigs with how weak I felt. The man was once again mubling something to himself, but was interrupted by two slaves who arrived carrying weapons, specifically two light short swords, looking thin, fragile and a little rusted, but still sharp enough to cut someone's hand off if they weren't careful. The man gave some orders and the two slaves pointed one of the blades at me and the other at Solaris. I raised my hands in an attempt to surrender, to which the man facepalmed and growling yet another thing I couldn't understand under his breath.

"I don't know what kind of idiot was this negligent with training you, bloodsucker, nor that fox, but we're at war and we need every hand we can get. Grab those weapons already and go join the front lines, NOW!" I shivered again, and took the blade, careful not to cut myself on the edge. The man turned to Solaris at shouted something at her too, though he didn't seem to be speaking the same language as most people here. It was only then I realized those clicks and noises, they were the same as Solari's language! It took that for my brain to finally get over the stress of the situation and connect the dots, I just understood that person!

"How can, how come I understand- "

"Uh? Who the f*ck told you you could ask questions you trash?" the man interrupted with a shout. "GET. MOVIIIING!!!"

I gulped and nodded and took Solari's hand, starting to rush out with her in tow, passing through the spaces in between buildings, hoping to find SOME road which didn't have soldiers running down through it.

[/div]

[/div]

When I watched the new groups of soldiers go down, the first thought in my mind was that this was the low budget army. It was a mixture of pathetic- and humerous once I thought about it. The people who seemed like they could hardly march were expected to go fight for their country- or... kingdom? I'm not too sure on the government of this new world.

Probably was the whole "about to be sold as a slave" thing that kept me too preocupied to considered what the native's way of life was.

Whatever twisted humor there was in the situation quickly vanished once I realized the gravity of the situation for them. These... poor excuses for soldiers were probably going to die. Or, had a high risk of it. Granted- I can't exactly judge how they fight, but their formation- or lack thereof, gave a decent idea.

On the bright side- the mages and archers gave me a bit more hope for them. At least, that's what I assumed they were- I doubted the staffs were for hand to hand combat. What would they even do? Run up to an enemy- ignoring all the fire, and just whack someone on the head with a cane? So they were either magical, suicidal, or idiotic. It was probably the "magical" one.

Although- I have to admit, I aspire to be as much of an asshole as the ones who spit at our cages. Really, it must take effort to be that much of a jerk. What do you do right before going into a battle, that could possibly be your last? Why, spit at a slave's cage. Really, you would have thought that the war or whatever it is that's going on would have taken all their attention. But no, they had to make the physical effort to spit at us right before going into combat. What was the point of that exactly? To reinforce the fact that we are "less then dirt" in their eyes? That we are some sort of horrible abominations, cursing their blessed eyes?

Wow, not that being stuck in a cage would have given that away.

Normally- I wouldn't give it that much thought, but the fact that they did it in a time like this was just incredulous to me.

Also- why the hell did they need armor that was that big? I'm guessing between the tower of armor, and the spitting that "overkill" is not a thing here. At least the people in armor didn't have to assert their superiority over us.

When the slaves came by- I was confused, scared, and sympathetic. The way they struggled to carry those metal blocks seemed to be quite taxing. The ones who had to carry the big weapon thing didn't seem better off. Although, one thing struck out to me- they were all either poor looking, or sub-human.

The whole "sub-human" thing still felt disgraceful to me. The idea of being considered something equivalent to a "work-mule", and the way they all were paraded around confirmed my fears, and somehow made this overall horrible day even worse somehow.

It took me a minute that some guy was standing in front of our cage, and I almost... laughed. I know you shouldn't laugh at someones appearance- but it looked so... funny it took a lot of effort to not break into a giggle. It was this fat little male with a twirly mustache and a whip. It reminded me too much of one of those stereotypical villains that appear in every super hero movie. I was half expecting him to go into some spiel about his next world domination plot. He even had that over the top outfit.

He seemed to be screaming something at Paigi- and it took physical effort to not break into a grin. Not at the fact that Paigi was getting yelled at- but it was so over the top, it was hard not to find it funny on some level. The fact that he spoke to Paigi in general surprised me- but not too much. I'd assume that someone was able to speak one of our languages, however I wasn't expecting it to be a person straight out of a comic book.

...This was not the time to be laughing.

"And you foxy trash, you also get those paws to good use and go with her to the army. Or don't tell me they didn't even train you to follow the most basic orders yet, huh?!"

When he spoke to me- his speech was as amazing as I thought it would be. I faintly wondered if I lost my mind, finding humor in something like this. It was just so over the top it was funny. Almost like the elves from earlier. I wondered why out of all the people, he was the only one I could understand. However- I quickly picked up on the fact he thought I was "trained". I was about to say I'm not something akin to a dog- however, I doubted that was an appropriate answer as I quickly said;

"Alright sir- I'll be right on it!"

...I was not going to tell the man that I wasn't a trained slave. What would the purpose be? This is probably our best shot at freedom. The "Sir" just sounded right- as if I was addressing a superior without saying something as obnoxious as "master". I quickly took the offered weapon.

When Paigi took my hand- I offered no resistance, and ran with her- and every few seconds I glanced over my shoulder, making sure that there were no hostile people following us.

Idea Idea

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text] Even as we ran off with those weapons and what remnants of freedom and dignity were left in us, I could still hear the man's mumbles, something about whatever Sol had responded to him, or maybe about how we were weak or something, I just hoped it had nothing to do with the fact we were running away in of itself, as that could mean he would send someone after us. We headed towards the interstice of the homes, skipping over any uncovered sand pits. My innitial plan was to just sprint through the city, go in between buildings, maybe find an empty street and go straight to the bottom. I should have guessed things wouldn't be so simple: Right as we passed onto the very next street, I felt a large metal bar bashing into my stomach, nearly making me fall back from the impact. When I opened my eyes again, a worried-looking slave carrying those steel plates like the ones from before was looking at me in a worried fashion. Some shirtless, pale-skinned guy with white hair and crimson eyes. I had a sinking feeling I knew what he might be, but I wanted to be sure.

"Status." I declared.

token_1 (4).png
    Name: Gavant Slitgap Level: 4
    Titles: Slave; Ladykiller ;
    Stats:

Health: Lower
    Speed: Lower/Higher/Same

Classes: Mage;

Communication: Vampire Module (Verbal); Humantongue (Basic|Verbal)

Equipment: Premium Slave's Pants; Macho Gloves (Black) ;

Known Statuses:

Gavant Slitgap, huh? The first name at least sounded a little fancy. But as I thought, he was a slave, and more importantly, a vampire like me. It was a little scary to think how close I was, no, still was to becoming a slave for life. Regardless though, what the heck was this "ladykiller" title supposed to mean?

"Status, huh? So you're one of them otherwolders?" My eyes widened at his words, but his expression seems more bored and desinterested than anything, despite what he said. He rolled his eyes. "I suppose I was right then. You certainly don't look like slaves, but in a city like this... Well, I'll just assume you're slaves, and you're under orders, I wouldn't want to go against my master after all, so don't bother telling me reasons or trying to help or anything. Inferior races like us should do as we are told, and as I said that is exactly what you two are doing and absolutely nothing else. Oh, and remember that you bow with your hands between your ties and eyes on the master's shoes. Figured you might be unfamiliar with the 'local customs' and all."

He didn't give me a chance to respond. I figured I understood him, but talking to him didn't seem like a good idea, I couldn't even figure out the tone in which he was saying it before he waved us a peace sign and continued his job of carrying steel plates. I put it behind me by shaking my head, since we needed to focus on getting out of this city before it became a warzone. If it wasn't already...

208a54f497a68d934010e63e27bffd24 (3).png

From what I could see sneaking a peek outside the gap, it wasn't just Gavant, there was a full group of slaves just like the one we saw on the other street, and the same pile of huge black warriors and white robe people below, and the same weird machines above. The thoughts were racing in my mind: What if they caught us? What if we didn't manage to slip by and escape the city? Even if we did escape, how could we know we wouldn't just be caught in the midst of some battle?

I shook my head yet again. Didn't I just decide it wasn't the time to think about this? If I didn't move forward, I wouldn't move at all, then we'd really, inevitably get caught. I gulped, and pulling Solari's hand I pushed forward again.

As we moved past the slaves and soldiers and the like, getting glares from these various groups, someone in a full plate armor and a helmet with visor raised came running at us, hands raised and shouting something we couldn't comprehend. Nonetheless, I stopped, if we kept walking or stepped on the pedal, we'd look too suspicious. The man stopped in front of us, continuing to speak words without me being able to pick up on a single one of them.

"Ah....uh...." He said something incomprehensible to himself again, then scratched the back of his helmet. When he spoke my language again, he used gestures to point at me and Solaris, seeming to shift to either of our languages using whatever few words he knew of them "You....why...here...you..."

"We were told to join the frontlines..." I stated. Would he even understand us? What could I do to make sure he let us pass? Wait, what if I... I placed my hands holding one another between my thighs, then bowed down to the man with my gaze straight to his shoes. " ...Master."

The man rubbed the back of his head again, and then shooed us off.

"Go." Was the single word and single command we needed to nod and leave.

It was clear at that point that we needed to go through somewhere else, seeing how no doubt all of the streets would be occupied by the descending forces. Or perhaps only the streets at the front, since that was where the enemy was coming from? I took my hand to my forehead. It was wet, some of the salty water nearly fell into my eye. It was only then I realized how much I was sweating. On top of that, I felt so weak. No doubt it was some fault of that orange sky and the light still coming from it. How much longer would I be able to run? I looked at the next street over. A woman in some rather revealing clothes and wearing a captain's hat was currently whipping a slave child on the floor, everyone's attention was focused on them. I bit my lips. This was the perfect chance for me and Solaris to pass through, but...no, I had to focus!

"Espionage." I activated my skill, which would reduce my noise to nothing. I turned to Solaris and placed a finger in front of my lips, trying to tell her we would need to be quiet. I didn't know if she had this skill either, nor how to make her use it if she did, but I hoped at least she could understand my message and this would be enough for us to go unnoticed.

.......​

We did manage to go through the place in the end, and the next street over was a lot less populated. The few soldiers going through it were in too much of a hurry to give us much more than glares, though if we tried moving up rather than down there was a visible reaction of starting to go slower and readying their weapons. Going up was a bad idea, got it. Me and Solaris continued crossing streets, and the gaps between homes were becoming closer. The general temperature in the air was becoming much hotter as well, despite the time of the day, and the sand gaps stopped appearing, as the once plain floor was replaced with bundled up boulders. The houses were becoming smaller and smaller, and there was a visible increase in chimneys and iron materials. However, this was rusty iron, some houses even had vines growing over them. Dust was everywhere, the nunber of stores was dwindling, and for the first time since the horn started, we saw non-combatants that weren't slaves on the street, judging by the fact they were sleeping on the ground or taking cover in the gap between homes. Their glares were almost murderous, especially those with weapons, among which many young boys aged not more than maybe 14. Nonetheless, we passed through this one as well, but then we heard a shout. I looked back and saw a soldier, spear at the ready, the woman with the whip from earlier following close behind him. They were barely visible just a couple of streets away, they looked almost like stick figures from the interstices of the homes through which we could see each other. My heart felt like it was stopping.

I pulled Solari's hand, and sprinted out of there.

We took refuge on a nearby alley, using the shadows and the crates left behind by the few merchants there for cover. I could still hear the shouting from the soldiers, and some declarations from the woman's vibrant voice. It rang in my ears like a command, despite me being unable to understand it, perhaps it was only due to that that I didn't get on my knees and crawl to her side. I fell on my knees, panting and coughing. Good thing I had removed the sound from myself, or I might have given myself and Solaris away. Someone else coughed, followed by a growl. Turning my head to the side, there was a little human girl, dressed in a single sheeth of rags, and boy was her stare intense. The shouting continued in the background. Would this girl give us away? She was staring at me intently. I gulped, then smiled at her, or at least tried my best to. I put a finger over my lips like I did with Solaris earlier.

"Shhhhh." I then placed a hand over her plate. "Conjure nourishment."

Before my eyes, the little girl's eyes brightened. I watched this girl devour the grey mush on her formerly empty plate like some kind of animal, hands and mouth entirely on the plate, and wondered how old she was? Somewhere between 4 and 6 years old was my guess, but as malnutritioned as she probably was, it could have had some effect on her growth. Wait, we had bigger prob-

The girl tugged on my dress. She placed her finger over her lips like I did, and smiled cheerfully, as if the city wasn't on the brink of war. She skipped out of the hideout, and gestured for me and Solaris to follow. I gulped, and did as much.

The little girl led us down another path from the alleyway, until we ended in some kind of curved opening with two guards standing in front of a circular entrance. The smell coming from there was rather...intense. The girl cheerfully something I couldn't understand, but I pat her head, hoping this was an attempt to help and not her saying for us to turn ourselves in. I nearly fell to my knees again, but held to Solari's arm. The sounds of the shouting were faint but not totally gone even where we were now. What could we do?

[/div]

[/div]

I did not offer any resistance as Paigi lead me through the city. I assumed we were making our glorious escape. Or not so glorious- for all I knew, we'd have to travel through the sewage to escape this lovely place. For the most part, I stayed on the look-out, making sure there were no enemies or... natives who noticed or cared about our escape. Although, my attention was divided between that and looking out for sand pits- I realized they were there after I almost fell flat on my face.

I froze when we abruptly stopped- I wasn't paying attention to Paigi at that moment, and next thing I knew we both stopped- and we were in front of... a slave? A few things stuck out to me. One was the fact that he was... undeniably attractive. Second, it was the white hair, and crimson eyes. It reminded me of one of those text-book vampires-

I looked to Paigi- and wondered how she was reacting, and noted how she seemed to be checking his status. Which... probably isn't a bad idea. I didn't waste another second as I muttered "Status"

I scanned through his profile, and the fact that he was a level four scared me. Somehow, I doubted that we'd be able to take him in a fight... Although, a few other things stood out. For one, the titles. "Slave" and "Lady-Killer"?

...Slave was more self-explanatory, although I found myself hating the fact that someone could literally assign you the role of "slave". For the Lady-Killer one, I could certainly see where he could get the title.

I just prayed to whatever deity existed in this twisted world that it was not a literal title. I glanced to Paigi when I noticed that he was able to speak "Vampire"-

Finally, it hit me. I never exactly considered the gravity of the comic-book character speaking to me, but it made me want to smack my head against a wall for not noticing it sooner. I could understand someone! And by the looks of it- Paigi and Gavant could speak to each other. I had no idea what they were saying- but they did seem to be speaking. I racked my mind for possible answers, until it smacked me right in the face.

The "Communication".

...Was learning languages really as easy as just gaining a skill? Could I somehow get a Vampire Module and speak to Paigi?

I shook the shock and questions away from my head as I watched the two talk- I was relieved when he let us off. From what I could tell- he wasn't hostile. Who knows, for all I was aware he and Paigi were discussing how to ditch my corpse in a nearby river.

...I highly doubted that was actually the case- but still. It would be so much easier if I could just understand what in the world they were saying.

I followed Paigi through the rest of the way- and resisted the urge to swear once another guard stopped us. I had... absolutely no idea what to do, and I desperately glanced to Paigi. Not too sure how to react- I just nodded along.

I resisted the urge to groan at the glares that were being continuously thrown our ways. Partly because of the fact that it means more people are watching, but also because of- what was the big damn deal? I get I'm not human- but there seemed to be hundreds of slaves that are deemed "freaks" in the area. You would have thought that people would be used to the sight by now.

And yeah- there is also a war or battle going on. Why is glaring at a kitsune and vampire on someone's to-do list? On the bright side- they are not spitting on the ground in front of us. Good for them. They get a higher grade on the "human decency" test then the elves.

When we were making our escape- I froze at the sight of some... Captain? Whipping a young boy. Two thoughts went through my mind. One was "What exactly is the dress code here?" and the other was myself desperately hoping Paigi wouldn't try to intervene.

Now, I know some might consider that thought heartless- and maybe it was in a sense. But... all it would do was drag us into more trouble. For one, it would out us as two renegade slaves- or we'd stand out. It would incriminate us, and possibly lead to us getting captured and joining the child on the floor. It sickened me how everyone there was just watching it like it was an everyday occurrence. Perhaps it was?

I forced myself to stop dwindling on that thought. After all, we are no better then the viewers who are just watching it. Maybe we are? I mean- we are doing it out of necessity, but I am still turning a blind eye to a male being tortured on the floor a couple of yards away from me.

I looked towards Paigi- and understood the message of "stay silent". I feel idiotic- but my mind was too busy trying to rationalize, and ignore the gnawing guilt to think of using a skill. If I ever had the chance to look back, I realized how useful some of the abilities I had could have been.

I did not say a word as I followed Paigi out of there.

Eventually- we found ourselves in some low-budget neighborhood. I assumed this was some sort of slums? It certainly seemed a lot poorer- with the older look the place had. It looked like no one ever bothered to clean out the place. I found myself once again subjected to glares- although, I was uncertain if it was a "race" issue- instead of a more territorial/self defense one. They seemed poor- so perhaps they just wanted to protect... whatever it was they held?

I was shocked out of my thoughts as Paigi grabbed my hand and sprinted to a nearby alley- I did not have to question why due to the shouts of a woman. I cursed our luck, knowing we must have been spotted- and attracted some... unwanted attention.

The new girl startled me- and I already was half planning on grabbing Paigi and making a break for it in case she decided to make some noise. It took me a moment to take in her appearance- and I felt... sympathy for her. She seemed younger- a lot younger then I. And by the way her stomach growled- I doubted she ate anything in awhile.

The shouting almost made me want to rush out of her and forget about it- I feel like I'll be doing that a lot. Attempting to forget about whatever issue bugs me? Granted, I've attempted to do that even before this place- and that ended amazingly.

I was glad that the girl got a meal- and it also made me remember for future references that that grey mush is in fact edible, and not just a viable throwing tool. It also depressed me- that something that seemed so... trivial made a child that happy.

When she gestured me and Paigi to follow- I thought I was crazy for actually doing so. This was a stranger- who could sell us back to the guards for a quick buck! Then again... I trusted Paigi- and I followed her with little hesitance.

Besides- how else can this situation get worse? If we stay- I have no doubt the guards would somehow find us.

What we were led to was not what I was expecting.

Especially the smell. Why would they lead us here? It seemed there were guards. What if she was trying to sell us out-

My thoughts were cut short as I felt Paigi grip onto my arm. I panicked- and tried to help her up, and checked her over- hoping she was alright. I tried to support her- although I was aware of how physically weak I was, and wasn't too sure how effective I was at it.

I desperately glanced around, wondering if there was anything nearby to help us...

And then it clicked.

The smell- the guards. It might be a... sewer? Sewers typically... led out of the place right? Maybe this would be the way out?

Trying to push back my concern for the vampire, I told myself I will figure out a way to assist her condition after we escape. I wondered how I was supposed to translate "let's somehow get past the guards into the sewers".

I wish I bothered with "Charades" in my past life.

I attempted to do an imitation of a guard- and I was pretty sure I failed. I made an "X" symbol with my arms. I was well aware how abstract the message could be, but in my defense- it isn't exactly too easy to communicate this line.

I pinched my nose, like one would do when they were trying to avoid a foul odor. Then I pointed to the sewers- and made a "walking" motion with my free hand. I desperately hoped my message came across decently, and did not lead to some sort of wild interpretation.

Now- there was... one looming issue. How exactly would we grab the guards' attention?

Idea Idea

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text] I attempted to keep myself standing, clutching Solari's sleeve as hard as I could. My legs, however, seemed to have other plans, I could have mistaken them for drills with how much they were shaking. The two guards ahead periodically became blurs, then returned to focus. My head bobbed up and now like someone who pulled off an all-nighter when they really shouln't. It felt as though I might just drop to the ground and lay there like some kind of useless rag doll at any moment. Ah, how useless could I be? My goal was so close, we just needed to get out of here, to be turned into a pair of slaves on our first day in this new world. And yet here we were, just two guards away from crossing that gate and making our way into somewhere where, trusting the little girl watching me with worry, we wouldn't be followed, where we could for (for now at least) make our escape, and I was just some deadweight about to drop to the ground at any second. I felt as powerless as a student whose father virtually on the other end of the globe has been arrested, and whose sick sister is there waiting for him, now needs him more than ever, and yet he can't even be there fore her. It was like like that exact day I received that letter, that would ultimately lead to very cause of my death.

____________Flashback_________

"You never bought a phone? Why not?" Gola, my roommate, nearly threw his pen across the ground with that shout. What the heck was with his tone? One would think I just told him I couldn't write or something. This argument was week prior to receiving that damned letter, and had been prompted by his failed attempt at flirting with a girl that had just bought a new smartphone. As one would expect from Gola, it didn't go over very well, and so he and his very kind of inflated cheek came to our room complaining that day, about girls and about phones alike. I sighed and shook my head.

"I need the money for something else. And the time for studying." I responded, tapping my notebook with the tip of my pencil. I made sure to give him a look to properly convey how much I hated having this conversation. "You should yours for it too."

Unsurprisingly that dense roommate of mine didn't pick up on the context clues at all.

"What if there's an emergency?" He asked. I had worried about that before. What if there's a fire, or someone gets hurt or something? Well, what could I do from so far away they needed a phone call to talk to me? They were better off shouting to whoever happened to be passing by. At least then they would stand a chance at ACTUALLY getting some much needed help.

"Then there are more important things to worry about than gossiping to someone who isn't there at all."

......​

It seems your sister's condition gotten worse. I'm really sorry. She's currently recovering in the hospital, but please don't worry, I'll figure this out for her sake. It's my fault for getting arrested. You know she really wants you to succeed in your studies, so please focus on them, and do your best! We'll be rooting for you here.

My fist flew to the wall, causing some rustling from the next room over. How the heck COULD I?! Study like usual? Succeed in my studies? What was the point when I hadn't been there for my little sister when it mattered the most? If only....if only I hadn't been so stingy, or maybe had left some emergency number they could call in the school... AAAAARGH!

I punched the bed, kicked it, it took every bit out of me to avoid screaming. I turned back around, grabbed the letter. Dad got arrested. That wasn't my fault. Sis was sick. That wasn't my fault. Sis was left all alone, without anyone to comfort her when she heard dad had been thrown to jail, without anyone to care for her gentle fragile body...

That was my fault.

I knew it all too well.

I reached my hand towards the gate with the guards, my vision becoming ever blurrier, everything in sight becoming one huge smuge. I had been reborn, and yet I was still unable to do anything. I wonder what my little sister was going through after what happened to me.

Then it all went dark.

[/div]

[/div]

As Paigi's condition deteriorated- I felt more and more panic well up in my chest. I felt like screaming in frustration- this whole thing was going horribly. Everything was so close and the one person who I felt like I could trust passed out in front of me. I had no idea what to do- and I felt powerless. The one friend I actually made was currently unconscious, and I barely was able to keep her from falling face first on the floor.

It wasn't fair.

This whole place wasn't fair- why did I of all people have to get a second chance, just to get put in this hell hole? I went from one place where I was looked down upon- to a new world with the same exact situation. A place where no matter what- you were nothing. Difference is? I actually have someone.

I wish I didn't.

Not due to hatred- but I despised the helpless feeling I was afflicted with. It was hard to watch another person you grew to care for and be able to do little to ease their pain. And the shouts that came from behind made me panic more and more. Now me and her would be captured and forced into slavery. Forced to live for hard labor, or some sick person's pleasure. Forced to live the rest of our lives being nothing more then dirt beneath some rich assholes shoes. Probably after being whipped like the young man we just ignored. Who knows, maybe another bullet would go through my head-

No.

I will not allow that to happen. If we're going down- I'd rather do it with no regrets. Might as well take the shot at this point- besides, how can it get even worse? What will they do anyways, enslave me? The idea of going down like a martyr, or even worse- submitting to the enemy made me feel a bit... angry at myself. That would be pathetic.

Trying to ignore the growing unease, I placed Paigi down- moving her to make sure she is out of view. I need to get those guards away- wake my favorite bloodsucker up, and get the hell out of here. And try to avoid being captured and killed. Clearly, a simple task.

Now, what would be a good distraction?

I paused momentarily- going through my skills, and one stood out to me. Fireball. I had a plan that was either going to go amazingly- or lead to me going out in a literal blaze of glory.

Hopefully friendly fire was off?

I quietly left Paigi for a second- and looked for anything that seemed flammable. After scurrying around- I picked up on a new scent that made my nose crinkle. It smelled like some sort of rotting meat?

...Perfect.

Garbage should be fairly simple to light on fire- and no one would really miss it. Besides- if I direct the guards to them, it would probably solve the two remaining problems. One was the hopeful dismissal of the fire, and they wouldn't be focused on the gate anymore.

...Was it right to cause a potentially deadly fire?

I shoved my conscience down with justification. If I didn't do something soon- Paigi and I are as good as dead. Besides, the guards and everyone else would... hopefully be able to handle it.

Hearing another yell in the background spurred me into action. The trash seemed to be in a large wooden crate- and something made me pause. I noticed a few- cloths? They were probably rags or something along the line. Once I think about it- why exactly is there trash in the middle of this place-

...It probably isn't trash.

Honestly? Who cares- I need to do something now. I glanced around to make sure no one was present to witness my crime and throw this whole plan in the trash. I was relieved to see that currently no one was watching- or even present.

"Firebolt."

The same flame from the fitght with the horse-like creature appeared in my hand. Quickly, I willed it to the crate- the panic and ever-looming danger of the situation making me ignore possible repercussions. Once I saw the flame start to spread and smoke- I ran out of there.

By the time I reached the guards- there was the smell of cooked meat, and if once I glanced back- there was smoke that started to head towards the air. Now, I sucked at charades- but I was a decent actor. Looking as panicked and scared as I possibly could, which wasn't too hard considering the overall situation, I ran up to them in a hurry.

I had absolutely no idea if they could understand me- but I quickly shook a guard's arm, gaining his attention. He sneered at me- and I was half expecting him to act like the elves. The other didn't seem to pay any attention to myself.

"Fire! Fire! Please help- a fire is spreading!"

He looked uninterested for the most part- until he looked towards the direction I was pointing to. His eyes widened- and he said something to the other guard, and they both ran off to check it out. I had no idea what exactly they said- but something told me I might have done something slightly intelligent.

Not completely celebrating- I ran back to where I left Paigi. I tried to pick her up- but she was too heavy. Definitely wasn't because I was weak or anything like that.

I had no idea what the right way to wake someone up who fainted was. It took me a minute- until I remembered the "Conjure Nourishment" skill. Maybe dousing someone in water wasn't the most... pleasant awakening, but I doubted getting captured by slave traders was a better alternative.

That and slapping people tended to work in movies?

"Conjure Nourishment."

The glop and the water bottle fell on the ground next to me- ignoring the glop, I took the water container out. Praying that this would work, I took some of it out- and splashed it on Paigi's face. Might have been a slightly rude awakening- but well... we needed to go.

Idea Idea

token_1-png.538939
    DJbIKWWVAAAizB9.jpg
    [/div]
    [div class=text]

N/A​

[/div]

[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread