• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Takahashi family roleplay!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Patroka

Basic summary: After Mr. Takahashi was offered a rather well paying job in San Francisco. He took his wife, their six kids, and moved across seas as soon as they were able to. Now living in a four bedroom apartment in a large city there's so much new things for the family to explore so many new things for them to see!

This is a family rp that mostly takes place around the kids, bonding as siblings.

Rules:

1. Be active

2. You may have two characters.

3. The child you claim may be either gender it's your choice.

4. At least 2 lines.

Positions-

Dad (age 39 - 41): FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Mom (age 36-38): _Home_Body_ _Home_Body_

Oldest child (12-14): SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

Second oldest child (10-11): solars solars (post your oc!)

Third eldest child (8-9): Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse

Third youngest child (6-7): Minyari Minyari

Second youngest child (2-3): taken by me

Youngest child (five months to a year old): Archtoddler Archtoddler

---------
The room situation being only four bedrooms in the apartment and with 6 kids they will have to share so! The two eldest will share a room, the two middle children will share a room, and the two youngest share a room.

Last edited:
It was a rather cold early Tuesday morning in San Francisco, a army of clouds spreaded out across the sky blocking out most of the sunlight.

Namiko ran back and forth across her and her little sister's shared room picking up her various sanrio friend plushes that were spreaded across her hello kitty themed futon, and tossing them over the baby gate that replaced their bedroom door. "This one!" She said grabbing her last two favorite plushies a hello kitty wearing a purple dress with a purple bow and a ordinary Chococat plush which happen to be her most favorite. Once those were over the gate she waved to Akacha-chan, and began her usual routine of climbing the gate.

Miori was doing a school supply inventory check. It was Miori's first day of school tomorrow and her parents asked her to check to make sure she had everything before going, just to make sure they didn't have to do any last day shopping before the big day. Miori packed her supplies in her backpack, and nodded to herself in thought. "... Well looks like I have everything." she zipped up her backpack and headed out into the hallway, she was hungry and was going to get some breakfast from the kitchen.

On the way to the kitchen, she noticed that a large amount of Namiko's plushies were all over the hallway and that Namiko was trying to climb her gate! Miori walked over to the gate and shook her head. "No Nami-tan, that's dangerous! Do you want out?" Miori frowned in concern, she didn't want her little sister hurting herself.

Last edited:
Hatori was gathering his sketchbook and pencil as he moved to exit the room he shared with his brother, though dealing with the whole ordeal of sharing a room wasn't anything he was against in the slightest. Outside there wasn't nearly as much for him to draw so now he was limited to his imagination alone, walking to the open door of their bedroom he made haste to exit and began his way to the living-room. At this point he spotted the commotion going on between Mioiri and Namiko, but he didn't want to get in trouble or anything so he just tried to walk past it and off towards the living-room with his notebook in hand.

It was still pretty early in the morning, but already Ryu was stirred away by commotion going on out in the main room. Mumbling softly, he opened an eyes, greeted by the sight of the sleeping face of his wife, Aiko. He couldnt help but smile a little, watching her for a moment. Despite their age, Ryu could easily see how Aiko looked in their younger days. It was interesting to say the least.

He let out a quiet breath, getting up and slid his legs off the bed, his bare feet touching the somewhat cold wooden floor. Ryu stood up, walking over to the bedroom door and opened it only a little, taking a peak into the hall to see what was going on.

He caught a glimpse of Hatori rounding the corner to the living room, but Ryu's focus quickly adjust to the interaction between Namiko and Miori. On the floor, there were several of Namiko's plushies. He could hear Miori saying something was dangerous.

Namiko must be trying to climb her gate again...

Ryu breathed out slowly, stepping out into the hallway and closed the door behind him quietly, then walked down the hall to where his daughters were. He smiled softly, seeing the action unfold before his eyes.

"And what do we have here?"

He came up to Miori, leaning down to plant a small kiss on her head, then turned to Namiko and gave the small child a big smile.

"What are you doing now, silly one?"

Ryu reached over the gate, gently picking up Namiko up and into his arms, then lowered her onto the ground on the other side of the baby gate, in the hallway. Letting the small child go, Ryu looked over to his oldest child, smiling softly.

"Thank you for watching out for your younger sister"

Patroka Patroka SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

Miori smiled as her dad came by and let Namiko out of her 'cage'. She yawned and stretched as she watched her get released into the hallway. "No problem dad, how did you sleep?" Miori scratched her head. "I slept as much as I could, but the traffic outside of the apartment building can be loud at times. I guess I'll get used to it eventually." Miori eyed Hatori in the living room, as well as the newly freed toddler before looking back up at her dad.

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Akacha Takahashi

I was just sitting there, having fun with my "tasty" blocks when suddenly my big sis began acting weird. Without letting my hands allow the block to fall out of my mouth (I would get it in one day!!), my gaze followed her as she walked back and forth, carrying stuffed animals, and somehow throwing them out of the large bars. There went the Christmas present. There went the present from when we went to the place with lots of lights where mommy lemme grab this fluffy pink thing. It was a little like hair, but more yummy! Oh, there went another plushie. All the plushies were going out. I wanted out. I wanted to go see mommy. I raised my arms towards Namiko-chan, hoping she would pick me up and let me out. She had never picked me up before, but she was so strong, throwing all those stuffies! Surely she would be able to throw me too. Yet, she didn't do it.

I wondered if what she was doing was fun. Maybe it was important. Maybe I could help? I crawled over to a plushie too as my sis began climbing out, leaving me all alone. I rushed as fast as I could to bring that teddy bear with me to the edge of the large white gates, and tried throwing it up.

"Ah-ga!" Hurling it with all my might, I managed some heroic 5 inches above my head before the thing fell in front of me. Meanwhile my biggestest sis arrived and said something looking worried. I looked over to my sis, who was now getting picked up by daddy, who came in the meantime. I pouted a little, resisting the urge to cry. So, sis was...hum...summoning daddy? I had to do it too! I tried throwing the plushie up again, but the bars were just too titanic. Sis was really amazing for having been able to throw so many out! I, on other hand...

I raised my hands and arms towards daddy, small tears in each of my eyes.

"Da! Ga! Da!"

interaction: FabulousTrash FabulousTrash
mention: SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines Patroka Patroka

"I slept well, thank you Miori"

Ryu's attention was suddenly caught, hearing the cries of his youngest child. By the gate, Akacha was there, her arms raised up as she called out to her father in baby speak. By her feet on the floor was her teddy bear. Ryu smiled, reaching over the gate once more to pick up the youngest of the bunch, holding her in one arm while using his free hand to get Akacha's teddy bear.

"Hello little one"

Ryu smiled, looking at Akacha and gave the toddler a nice kiss on the forehead, carrying her into the kitchen, while giving the small one her stuffed animal. Ryu looked around the main room, seeing Hatori in the living room with his notebook. Ryu called out to his son in a gentle tone

"Good morning Hatori. You're awake too?"

Ryu had to admit, it was weird seeing 3 of his children awake so early. Perhaps they were just excited for their new lives here. Ryu himself was for sure, though he did a better job at hiding his somewhat childish excitement.

Archtoddler Archtoddler SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse

Namiko giggled as she was lifted over the prison gate to freedoom! She never did really like that thing they were always in the way of fun! She could climb them rather easily but Akacha-chan couldn't which means she would stay trapped unless she had help. The two year old rushed over to her pile of toys not looking back at daddy or her big sister while she searched. 'where is it?' Namiko thought, tossing various plushies aside until her eyes laid sight upon her goal. Her tiny hands reached for her black chococat and purple hello kitty, looking back once she finally had them. She noticed daddy walking away with her little sister in his arms, a pout of jealousy spreaded across her face. "Nee-Chan! Up too!" She shouted looking up at Miori from her pile of toys holding her arms out.

Last edited:
Hatori was drawing what could be assumed to be a picture of a dragon... or a bird.. or maybe a plane. Regardless of what it was the two hues of blue shifted to his father, who had the youngest of his siblings held. "Morning Father, yeah I woke up early today" he said and managed to hear the cries of his younger sister down the hallway, which honestly made him wonder if the neighbors would be upset they were louder in the morning. Keeping that in mind he held a much more timid tone now, "But when I woke up I wanted to draw. So I tried to make a plane" He said, and held the paper at an angle which surprisingly made it look strikingly similar to the ones at the airport.
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Archtoddler Archtoddler

Akacha Takahashi

"Agabha" I dribled in response to whatever daddy said. Grown-ups were so silly. They always spoke in gibberish for some reason. But I still really loved to be near daddy and being picked up and talked to by daddy, and when he gave me a little kiss I giggled and kicked the air with my legs in glee. I immediately grappled out the teddy bear from daddy's arms with a silent thanks.

My eyes shifted to the ground where sis had been throwing the toys. I hesitantly raised my arms with the teddy bear and threw it down to the ground. As the stuffed animal softly hit the ground, I smiled.

"Gaeiii!" I cheered slightly waving my arms and turning to daddy. I pointed down to the fallen teddy bear, giggling, then wrapped one of my arms around daddy's tree-trunk neck and placed a thumbsie in my mouth with my free hand. It felt so relaxing I could have fallen asleep again. But first, breakfast. I was so hungry! Once again, I held back the tears , and hopes daddy would know what I neeedeed. As usual. He was such an awesome person!

We began heading to the kitchen, but suddenly we stopped. My bro was down there, showing daddy something. It was really pretty so I pointed to it and gasped without a sound.

Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Aiko's figure moved around under the warm, plush sheets before slowly sitting up. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and stretched before getting out of the comfy bed. A small shiver ran through her body as she met with the cool floor of her and her husband's room, but she quickly got used to it. Aiko grabbed a hair tie from the nightstand, placing her dark locks into a messy bun before she made her way out of the bedroom and into the living space.

"Good morning," Her voice rang out as she gave a gentle, yet tired smile to her family. "I see my little darlings are up and awake. " She patted Midori, Namiko and Hatori on they sweet little head before placing a kiss on her youngest on her cheek, blowing a small raspberry as she did so. Aiko turned to her husband, a loving smile on her lips as she pecked his cheek, muttering a small, "Good morning dear. " as she pulled away.​

Seiji Takahashi

Overview
LocationLiving Room
DateTuesday - Day One
TimeEarly Morning

Hearing the rest of his family members beginning to awake from their nightly slumber Seiji began to finish up reading the current page of his book, "English for Dummies: Japanese Edition", as he sat on the living room couch alone. He wasn't bothered with the earlier commotion with his sisters, but upon his parents awaking he quickly decided it was time to start cooking breakfast. Folding the top corner of the page inward as a book mark, Seiji closed the book and stood up as he peeped his head around the corner to the rest of the family.

"Good morning everyone.", Seiji spoke in semi-fluent English with a monotone voice as he glanced at his family members, "Ready for breakfast?".

Patroka Patroka Archtoddler Archtoddler Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse FabulousTrash FabulousTrash SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines _Home_Body_ _Home_Body_

Ryu looked down at the drawing his son was showing him. He was quite impressed for how accurate the drawing was, and he smiled, looking down at Hatori's notebook

"That's an impressive drawing you have there. When you're done with it, we could hang it up on the fridge if you wanted"

Ryu smiled, reaching over with his free hand and gently rubbed the top of Hatori's head before his attention was caught by his wife Aiko, who had finally woken up. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, but Ryu didnt mind. It was early anyway. He watched as she went around, first greeting the kids before moving to him, feeling her lips on his cheek. Ryu smiled, returning the gesture and spoke softly like she did

"Good morning to you too"

Ryu then walked over to the kitchen table, setting Akacha down in her booster seat and clipped the safety belt around her waist. He noticed that her teddy bear was missing, looking back into the hall. It was lying on the floor, along with Namiko's plushies. Ryu walked over, fetching the teddy bear and brought it back, setting it in Akacha's lap in the booster seat before walking into the kitchen area, going through the cupboards and getting out a few pans and other cooking stuff.

He heard a new voice entering the main room, glancing over to the hall again where he saw Seiji, their third youngest. Ryu knew that Seiji's English wasnt the best, but hearing him now, it seemed that he was improving.

Patroka Patroka Archtoddler Archtoddler Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines _Home_Body_ _Home_Body_ solars solars

Akacha Takahashi

I giggled as mommy blew a raspberry for me, and I repeated the gesture. I couldn't really do it that well, but surely if I just tried a few more times I would get it right. And so, almost forgetting why I was even trying in the first place, I was half-blowing, half-spitting, half-drolling all the way to the booster seat. Daddy turned around to picked up the teddy I had finally managed to throw out there, while I was busy trying to clean the drool that was bugging me a little, by grabing it in big swoops which only ended up getting my nose covered in drool as well. It tickled a little, so I giggled.

Daddy returned my teddy bear to me, but before I could even say anything else, my big bro Senji greeted us as well. I wasn't sure what he had just done or said, but by daddy's face, daddy liked it. I raised my arms smiling and almost throwing the teddy bear back down again (only one leg away from being throw out by the sudden movement).
"gawe ah ab ma gaaaa." I tried mimicking my big bro.

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Minyari Minyari _Home_Body_ _Home_Body_

Miori smiled down at Namiko and nodded. "Okay." she'd bend down and scoop Namiko in her arms. She'd chuckle a little. "You're getting bigger Nami-tan!" She'd walk to the living room with Namiko in her arms with the rest of her family. Miori smiled up at her mother as she gave her a kiss on the head. "Morning mom." She looked around the room and nodded. "Yeah I could use some breakfast Seiji, I was actually going to make something for myself but since everyone's awake, we might as well eat together yeah?" Miori walked to the couch and sat down with her brothers, setting Namiko in her lap as she looked around at her family.

Ryu could hear Miori entering the main room, glancing up and noticing that she was carrying Namiko. He just smiled, glancing around as he turned to the fridge. Everyone was awake despite how early it was. Seeing everyone in one place was something special, and it was hard for Ryu to describe the exact feeling. But perhaps that it was for the better.

He brought out the carton of eggs and some bread. Setting the bread by the toaster, he left it there as he reached down to the dials on the stove that controlled the fire. Igniting one of the burners, he set a medium sized pan on the grate, letting the pan heat up. While that was going on, Ryu went and got out a bowl and grabbed a whisk as well, bringing it back over to the carton of eggs. He started to crack a few, dropping the contents into the bowl and tossed the shells to the side, then began to whisk all the eggs together when he was done with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back