• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Stream || Time-Travel Elite Agents Epic

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
The Stream (Agency OOC)
The Stream (Agency CS)

This is an Interest Check for a Modern based sci-fi Time-Travel RP featuring a very clandestine and elite group that had recruited people and types of all backgrounds to serve in its ranks, only known amongst members themselves as The Stream. They are a shadow organization among even the shadow organizations, and their cause is to protect, and conserve the timeline in which ensures the prolonged and eternal integrity of mankind. They will move like chess pieces among history, saving key figures or structures or even something as small as making sure something doesn't occur on a certain day, but it's much more adverse then it sounds. The call of duty pits The Stream agents in different manners of time periods, having to have acquired intense and rigorous training before officially joining the ranks. From before even the roam of the dinosaurs, to after the galaxy dies out, The Stream will operate to carry out its mission in conserving time and its properties for the advancement of mankind. And it began, and it will end with The Stream. This will very much be action filled as much as it will be plot and story driven, and I have developed a few key roles that will need to be played, however you are free to suggest a role of your own for the coming story. Characters can and will be from anywhere in the world... and with an added twist also from any time period from the dawn of man. Just keep in mind the realism of such a recruitment, obviously someone from the Ice Age would take way longer to grasp the concept of technology compared to someone from the 2000's. But The Stream's manipulation of time will allow them to train and learn at impossible speeds. For the sake of plot, you may not create a character from beyond 2018 (you'll see why when the IC rules come). Even though this is a sci-fi based RP, the theme and tone will be very grounded in its plot and science (Like the movie Interstallar or The Cloverfield Paradox).

Also, added with this story is that all field agents in The Stream will receive what's called Augments. These Augments are superscient (fancy term for above knowledgeable) abilities given to Stream operatives to aid them in their missions and operations of keeping the timeline. The ability selection process will be unique, in that you select an ability, I randomize an ability, and from there the two abilities will be mixed for your characters' superpower. I'll provide more in detail about the synopsis of what the agents will be facing, for now I want to see how much interest this gets. The process for Augmentation goes like this:

(Your selected power + Random Power = Your True Power)

EXAMPLE:
(Pyrokinesis + Rain Control = Smoke/Steam Manipulation OR Acid Manipulation)

• Sometimes mixes can provide more than one choice.

Again this will be a sci-fi adventure, but also semi gritty with some epic themes. Stream agents will be relatively rare and scarce due to Augmentations and required skill and will. If you'd like a more personalized role by all means PM me so we can discuss it, but I will list some of the key roles below. Also be sure to view the accordion below and click the text to get an idea of just who The Stream are!!! I'm also going to list the ranks and classifications below to help you all get an idea of the chain of the non-existent organization.

Rank/Order
Recruit - A selected through the course of history and time. Essentially no influence or power until proven in a given area. Failed recruits return to their hometime wiped clean.
Clerk - The informants and general overseers & task handlers to the needs of The Stream and its operatives. Trained, but not allowed for the field.
Stream Agent - Field agents that carry out the task and mission of The Stream and timeline, using their skills and training expertise. Augmentation approved.
Captain - They are heads of field operations and the first call to the integrity of time and history. Usually the most advanced in caliber. Augmentation approved.
Marshall - Enforcers of the laws of time and protection of the timeline. They respond to any breach in violation of The Stream. Augmentation approved.

Administrator - Protectors of the policy and preservation of time and fate. They make sure the laws of relativity and time are intact and absolute.
Provost - Judges of time, they are responsible for the sentencing of those who break The Stream's order, or those who seek to disrupt history and time. Can also grant special requests.
Director - The Prime charge of The Stream and its eternal effort. Said to be the most elite among elite, and capable of saving reality itself. Augmentation approved. Hardly ever seen, essentially a ghost story.

Classes
Void - Lowest clearance level. Need to know basis information and tasks.
Bronze - Standard clearance level. General Stream information among time and history provided.
Silver - Special clearance level, access to hidden information redacted from history.
Gold - Advanced clearance level, access to hidden information, events, and anomalies erased / occurring from time, leading up until the end of the Universe.
Red - Superior clearance level, access to The Stream's origin and secrets among the 10 dimensions.
Black - Eternal clearance level. Access to the information across all dimensions and timelines, leading up until the end of the Universe(s).

ROLES:

Stream Agent Amara Eschatos - OppositeInverse
Stream Agent (Amara's Partner) - ReverseTex
Captain - ElectricPizza
Recruit #1 - United Wentaran Fleet
Recruit #2 - Open
Recruit #3 - Open
Headquarters Asset - Berries
Director's Scout - Open

DO NOT CLAIM THESE ROLES IF YOU AREN'T IN IT FOR LONG TERM // DO NOT CLAIM IF YOU DROP RP's EASILY (If you have IRL matters then obviously I'm not referring to you ^_^ )

INVITATION:

Welcome to The Stream

If you're opening this, you know what you're here for. You've been selected. For whatever purpose, or reason, or stroke of luck, or tides of fate... you have been chosen to become a part of The Stream. You don't know us, but we know you. We're the things you don't know that you don't know. We're the unknown to the unknown. We are from everywhere, but what makes us so potent, is that we are from everywhen. We span across all ages of history, all eras of time, and we are the ones who right the wrongs of displacement in the universe. We're probably the ones you refer to when you think of the Illuminati, or Anonymous, what have you. If it seems like we are infinite and omniscient, it's because we are. And now, for whatever reason, you have the chance to be apart of that. No matter where you're from, or when you're from, none of it matters anymore. What matters now is your eternity. And how you choose to leave ripples in the universe from here until the end of your days. Join us, and you will become among the elite throughout the history of mankind, to keep the timeline in check, one that will ensure our longevity and survival. You've been cordially and officially invited to The Stream, and of course, if you wish to go back to your temperate, confined shell of a lifestyle back to your time period you're more then welcome to do so. You'll have no recollection or memory of this event ever transpiring. It will be wiped from your temporal experience.

Decide now. Are you here? Or are you a crumb of time that will fade with menial meaning?

Last edited:
Excellent interest check. I'd like some more information on the duties/role of the Director's Scout.
The Scout's role is to monitor things seen and unseen by The Stream and to act accordingly to the organization, when really he/she will be receiving personalized tasks/missions to carry out direct from the Director, as opposed to The Stream.

That sounds like a role ripe for juicy plot twists and reveals. And I happen to have a healthy appetite for both of those spices. :coolshades:

Last edited:
I'd be interested in either playing a recruit or HQ asset, but I'll wait to see the description for HQ asset first. ^-^

The HQ Asset will be an operator working from The Stream HQ to assist all Stream Agents with intel and recon on certain missions and briefings. If The agents were Batman, the HQ Asset would be more the Alfred / Jim Gordon role. And Amara's Partner would be just another Stream Agent, but one that knows Amara personally and has gotten past the wall she's put up around everyone else. They'd be true partners and a good dynamic between the two. Amara will be a semi-hard ass, her partner would know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back