• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Stitch N' Witch Club - Lore Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

mikaluvkitties

Professional Unicorn Lover
Please do not post in this thread!

Rules
  • Please keep bbcode to a minimum.
  • At least two posts a week of at least three sentences. If you can't do that for whatever reason that week, let us know- Communication is the key to success! :D
  • Be kind to other rper's and respect mod decisions. If you're feeling uncomfortable, please pm me.
  • Try to make character actions make sense in the context of the situation, the universe, and the character's personality.
  • Please use trigger warnings and spoilers for the big things. If you have something you'd like spoilered, feel free to message me about it.
  • If you don't follow these rules, you'll get a warning from me. A second offense will result in being kicked.
  • I won't punish for inactivity. Your character will be assumed to have drifted from the group but stayed in town, and definitely not have died. If you ever want to come back, all you have to do is talk to me.
Character Types

Witchcraft - In this rp, witchcraft is a skill, and learned. It’s about as difficult as art: You can get the absolute basics fast enough, but it takes years of practice to reach any kind of mastery, and there’s a lot of mistakes made in between. So what do we get for our efforts? Well, it looks a lot like real world magic, except with more easily tangible effects! There’s circle magic and spells and all that good stuff, and it tends to be based more on intent, with a strong basis in nature and lots of plants, ritual, and rocks. It's about bringing in what you want and sending away what you don't.

Psychics - For the most part, you’re either born a psychic or become one due to trauma. You can, however, learn it, but it is for the most part much, much harder to pick up than witchcraft, partially because the process is different for everyone. The way I put it when brainstorming for this rp with some friends is your grasping at strings but you don't know where they are and it's dark and the very few people who have successfully grabbed their strings are all giving you a bunch of conflicting information on how to just grab the gosh-danged straws!!!

The exception is things like palm readings, tarot readings, cleromancy, tea reading, astrology, and the works. So what exactly are we getting with born psychics? In that category falls things like psychometry, energy healing, mediumship, precognition, and aura reading, though notably not things like telepathy or telekinesis, which don't exist at all in this world.

Ghosts - Ghosts are dead people that are still around. They are invisible to most people’s sight, though they can occasionally make themselves tangible enough to move objects or even upon occasion be heard. Those in the story will be beings encountered by the Stitch N’ Witchers, and subsequently brought into the fold. By the beginning of the story, some of they may be tangible, and they will all likely have special ghostly abilities. Get creative with it, and if you're worried about if it's allowed, message me!

Town Locations

Some quick notes: The stuff in town is clustered together, and almost all of this is locally-owned.
  • The gas station
  • The grocery store
  • The bar
  • Multiple antique stores
  • The bait shop
  • The library
  • The ice cream shop
  • The diner
  • The pizza place
  • The drug store
  • FOUR different churches
  • The abandoned church
  • The high school
  • The middle school
  • The elementary school
Accepted Characters

Core Members
Casper Ollila [P/W] | (mikaluvkitties)
Maria Guadalupe-Valdez [G] | (Canth)
Raul Barre [W] | (Canth)
Laurie Billings [P/W] | (MothSav)
Gloria Billings [W] | (MothSav)
Alyssa Bell [P/W] | (Vi_Vi_)
Emory Bunker [W] | (LittleCal)

Newcomers
Declan Chase [G] | (Fluxbauble)
Cody Brown [P] | (Vi_Vi_)
Aleah Bunker [P] | (LittleCal)
Ollie Mason [P] | (Twin Fantasy)

The Story So Far

About a week ago, the core members of the Stitch N' Witchers neutralized some old magic anomaly that rose from the lake and proceeded to wreak havoc on the town. They decided then and there that they would find any psychics that awoke from the incident and give them the guidance they wished someone would have given them.

TBC

Q & A

Q: Is there a discord?
A: Not yet, at least!

Q: What kind of powers can ghosts have? (Curious Kurona)
A: It's pretty open, but soul sucking, telepathy, and telekinesis are out. Clairvoyance is acceptable, and even possession is allowable as long as it is draining and hard.

Q: Can ghosts remember their living life? (Curious Kurona)
A: Yes- Just think about that drama and angst!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back