• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Starving Darkness: Horror RP (8/8 Slots)

Manio

From Gallifrey with love.
starvingdarkrp.png
The Starving Dark is a horror focused roleplay that starts out in a small roadside diner, a good twenty miles outside of the fictional city of Hallowsbrook, British Columbia. A blizzard is raging outside and it's a few weeks before Christmas. During the morning shift at the local diner, a strange phenomena seems to take hold that begins to envelop the entire western half of the world. The people that have gathered at this diner for their morning routine are all thrown into this strange situation and must work together to survive the strange events about to take hold.

They will discover that this phenomena has brought night on early, and that the darkness seems to have a mind of its own and is slowly working its way into the diner.
--
Over the course of this roleplay we'll be changing locations as the phenomena gets more intense, and dangerous as the characters realize they must leave the diner. The darkness isn't just a perpetual night that has fallen across the western hemipshere, but there are things lurking in the darkness and anyone that spends extended periods of time in the dark will most assuredly perish. There are creatures lurking in this darkness that are incredibly hungry, but we'll learn more about those creatures over the course of the roleplay.

People are allowed to prepare a maximum of two characters for this roleplay as there is a chance that characters could perish. If we run into a situation where it makes sense a character should/might perish that can be discussed OOC.

• If interested, just say so! This will be a horror focused roleplay, so it will need to be intense and scary at points.​
  • These characters may die. Nobody is "powerful" in this. These are all everyday people thrown into a terrible situation.​
  • Characters will need to be accepted in the character creation thread once that goes live. So no "No Mary or Gary sues." Ordinary people thrown into this nightmarish ordeal. You can be cops, etc though. I might limit one character as a police officer.​
  • Writing must be detailed, and literate. 600+ word posts preferred, not 1-3 sentence responses.​
  • There will be a posting order in the main thread that will be discussed more in the OOC. If the person before you hasn't posted in 2-3 days feel free to go ahead of them.​
  • Everyone is asked to create two characters to introduce at the diner in case someone dies.​
  • I'll be playing two characters stuck in the same situation, but also all the NPCs and creatures that will be encountered. One of these characters will be the head cook/owner of the diner just to help things along.​
  • If I can think of more I'll talk about that in the OOC.​

Character Creation Thread: Realistic or Modern - The Starving Darkness (Character Creation Thread)

Last edited:
Sounds like The Mist! Needless to say I'm interested.

this seems rather intriguing! considered me interested!

I am incredibly interested! Is there a place to discuss characters? Or an application that needs to be submitted?

What do you mean by 600+ posts? Is that the expected word count?

I did mean that, oops! Reflected to showcase that.

I only had 5 slots available, but since there's so much interest I guess I'll open it up to 8 or so. If we get more, cool. I'll start making the character creation post then!

So, I've accepted all characters so far. I'll get to drafting the OOC thread sometime tomorrow, and the IC will go up once we get a few more characters made I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back