What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The start of something

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Dystopian, Historical, LGTBQ Friendly, Magical, Mystery, Realistic, Romance, Supernatural

Auriferous

Hello there :)
If you're reading this, it's very likely you're in search of a new partner- and it just so happen, so am I!
The first question you must be asking yourself is 'who are you, weird person, and what are you looking for?'
Well, those are actually two questions, and I intend to answer both.

I've been RPing for a few years now, and while I'm sure I still have a lot more to learn (we're all capable of growing), it does give a pretty good sense of who I am as a roleplayer:
  • While I'm not a native English speaker, I'd like to think my English isn't half bad (let me live in my bubble okay?!), so I am looking for someone who's more or less the same. That is not to say I'll chew someone out on an occasional grammar mistake/typo- they happen to me too. But I'd like to spend my time reading the reply you worked on rather than trying to decipher it.
  • I also like writing a lot. That means I don't really do one liners- I would probably give a few paragraphs, usually matching what I got from my partner. I would say a minimum of 3-4 paragraphs is ideal (and I would happily write more- if I have something to work with and something to write).
  • World building, character development and plot are crucial- and I expect my partners to contribute to all of those as much as I do (after all, this is our story).
  • I love chatting OOC and getting to know my partner- although that's certainly not a must, I fully understand this isn't everyone's thing.
  • I swear I don't- please feel free to talk to me about everything. If something isn't working- I would much rather try fixing it/end things properly than be ghosted. I'm a grown person, I can take it and respond maturely (no tantrums, I promise).
  • I would try to reply a few times a week (maybe even daily if I have the time), and in case something comes up that keeps me away- I'll make sure to let you know.
Now, what is it exactly I'm after at the moment?
  • I'm currently looking for RPs that'll have a romantic element in them, so know this is where we're headed. That also means I'd ask my partner (and their character) to be over 18, and preferably into their 20s (obviously everything would be in accordance to the site's rules and there'll be nothing explicit, it's just something I personally don't feel comfortable with).
  • I have a few settings and pairings I'm interested in right now (they're listed below), but I'm open to other suggestions as well if you have them.
  • Contrary to what I just wrote, the one thing I can tell you I 99.9% won't do is fandoms. It's not that I have something against them- I just don't feel I can do justice to other people's characters/worlds. Please don't take it personally if you're a fandom lover- they're just not my cup of tea, is all.
  • Right now, I'm looking for either a fxm or mxm, so it'll probably be best if you're looking to play a male character.
  • Regardless of the setting, I like a healthy mixture of light/funny/romantic/you name it with drama/action/conflict. So if you're after anything very dark or very slice-of-lifey, I'm probably not the one for you.
Fantasy
Post-apocalyptic
Crime/underworld
Modern with any one of those twists
Possible- medieval and high fantasy

Human x Demon
Demon x Demon
Human x Supernatural (vampire, werewolf, etc.)
Supernatural x Supernatural
Mafia boss x Underling
Mafia boss x Mafia boss
Criminal x Detective/Cop
Criminal x Criminal
Arranged marriage/ soulmates- basically the concept of something predetermined
Royalty x Royalty
Royalty x commoner
Magician x apprentice
Any form of rivalry

If you made it this far without running away and actually feel like talking this further, PM me! The one thing I ask is that you come into this with the intention of seeing things through- if we talk and don't feel like we're hitting it up that's fine, but I've had too much bad experience with putting the time and effort and then having my partner disappear into thin air after a post or two. And as I said, I really don't appreciate ghosting.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. See you around!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)