• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

fairyfawn

respectless
The Event
The fair has finally arrived in the town of Larkfield! So come on down and have fun; it’s a nice way to relax and to take a break for a while. There’s plenty of things here that you can do to pass the time and to keep yourself entertained. You can find the fair at the far west side of Larkfield, and the fair lasts all day and partly into the night hours as well. So be sure to not miss out on everything and remember to have fun!

welcome to the rp thread for The Spirits! There are no starter posts from me at the moment so feel free to go ahead and post!

1658185342673.png

Yessenia Lupei

The fair might seem like a quaint affair for those familiar with affluence, but Yessenia actually enjoyed such things immensely. The woman had boundless enthusiasm for things at times, a gleeful smile on her face as she moved from game to game without a particular plan in mind for how to spend the evening. That was how she preferred it, honestly. She was meticulous when it came to how she dealt with things within the crime family, making sure that her tracks were concealed and those who followed her orders stayed within the lines to not draw too much heat from police. That was as much rigid discipline as she really needed in life despite the nagging coming from her spirit animal that was able to join her for her escapade for once. Serghei shook his grey and black speckled head, mane tosseling over his eyes as he plodded along behind the young woman who was finally taking a break to look at her phone.

"Come on, Serghei, why the long face?" she teased the horse before looking back to her phone. "You're totally in your element for once and you're squandering it by looking so dower. I get it, Constantin's thugs might be planning something, there might be police around the corner for me, I might run into one of my ex girlfriends who has turned into an axe murderer with me at the top of the list." She waved her hand nonchalantly. "What ever, life's too short to worry about it. Especially when there is so much fun to be had here, Serghei. Now come on, I texted a few of my friends to see if they would want to meet up tonight and you know I hate disappointing my adoring public."

The horse heaved a heavy sigh that was felt with his whole being before he began to pick up his pace a little to keep up with his athletic charge. At least the two were able to engage in athletic activities together since things were rather limited after Serghei grew from a small colt.

"Your humility is absolutely breathtaking," the horse replied sarcastically. Still, some of what Yessenia said did ring true. This was too lovely of an evening to waste moping and looking for daggers that might not yet be poised for their backs. Perhaps, just this once, he would allow himself to indulge in joining in on the festivities. Especially if it included bobbing for apples.

OliWantACracker

scroll

As Oliver put his phone down he sighed. His brown eyes were starting up at the ceiling fan that was moving at its own speed. "I should've just asked her" he sighed one more, thinking how much of a coward he actually was.

Thankfully Doodle came up to him and started to lick his face. Oliver laughed as a result. "Okay okay in getting up" he told Doodle. There were so many spirit animals Oliver knew and Doodle wasn't something he would've thought he'd receive. Over time he felt like he was given the shower end of the stick again, but he realized that he wouldn't trade Doodle for anything in the world. If everyone else left him it was fine if Doodle didn't leave his side.

"Alright buddy, let me start getting ready since you slobbered everywhere." He said pushing himself off of the bed before heading to the shower. The question that he wanted to ask her kept on popping up in his head and he tried to distract himself. It was quite difficult.

Is this.. technically a date? We didn't establish anything. I did ask her, but not like that.. or was it like that to her? Would I mind if it was? Aahh don't be silly Oliver. Calm. Down. We are just friends. It's fine. It's a friendly date- no friendly outing! Why do I make these things so complicated?

Oliver got out the shower and finished getting ready. It took him a minute to decide what to wear since he didn't want to be over dressed. It's just a fair. After pouring in his grandfather's seashell necklace Oliver checked the time. "I should start heading over there now..cmon Doodle we are going" he told him as he unlocked the door to the big empty house. Besides Nova he tried not to think about that as well. Luckily Doodle trips over his feet sometimes and hops around so it is the best distraction out there.

He felt his chest tightening and stomach turning when her place came to view. Doodle on the other hand was already sniffing the door and knocking on it with his fluffy head. Oliver laughed chuckled at him before knocking on the door himself.

Don't be nervous

It's just Nova

It's just her

Her

When he heard the door open he didn't know what to think besides trying to act normal.

"I gave you some extra time just in case you got indecisive on what to wear" he said, being a hypocrite. (He won't admit that or the knots in his stomach)

Fuck.

She wasn't planned.

I don't know what to do.

こわい!(怖い)

Confused by Oliver Sasaki

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Xia Ying
Of the many whims and fancies one might have, the one Xia Ying indulged was a visit to the Larkfield fair. The air was warm, stagnant, and lingered on the skin; she fancied it to be much like being breathed on by a frustrated giant. Preferable, still, to the pelts of angry rainfall that anyone residing here would have been accustomed to, given the foul mood the weather often found itself in; and there would likely be hawk-eyed, falsely saccharine vendors seeking to overcharge her for iced lemonade anyway.

She ambled down the worn path, waiting to snatch a glimpse of the fair breaking into view on the horizon. There were them, and then there was her. Other groups of fair-goers, like a stream of excitable ghosts, quickly overtook her leisurely pace, gliding towards the source of joy and merriment, bantering and trading conversation amongst themselves that she could only catch in snippets. She was alone; it was unfortunate that her preferred companionship lacked the foresight to complete their assignments in a timely fashion, and each was now holed up in their little prisons, tapping away on their laptops with the desperation of a cornered animal as the assignment deadline loomed.

A small sigh of disappointment escaped her; she had been rather looking forward to the festivities surrounded by friends.

Almond, nestled upon her shoulder, offered no words of consolation. Instead, it opted to bury its fluffy head further into the crook of her neck, a wordless way of comforting Xia Ying that she was still accompanied. The kindly wind finally stirred gently from slumber, whispering through her loosely braided hair, expressing its sympathy and alleviating the heat. Her sundress fluttered gaily in response, and heart lightening, she could not help the slight curl of her lips.

The cacophony of the crowd was clearer now, and it sweetly sang the warmth of human connections. In each of those ghosts resides too a lover, a parent, a friend, each waiting to know and be known. The ghosts dissipated, and the spirit of excitement remained. Perhaps she would find someone to know.

And if not, she thought, Almond was perfectly excellent company.

coded by: @s e v e n

Last edited:

scroll

unemployed

everest

mood

fine

outfit

on the way to the fair

interactions

open

tags

n/a

Everest thought that going to the Larkfield fair would be a fun way to spend the whole day! Do fairs do fireworks at nighttime? Fireworks would be very nice. Maybe they’ll win a giant stuffed animal! Will the fair still be here tomorrow or is it just lasting the whole day and it won’t be here tomorrow? Oh well, Ev just didn’t want to miss out on all the fun activities that the fair had to offer to the town of Larkfield.

Everest would be taking Tumbleweed along with them too, he can hang out with the other animals or just stick close to Everest the whole time. Oh, look at the time; Everest should be getting ready to leave for the fair! They could decide what to do first once they got there but for now it's going to be a lovely walk to the event. "Come on Tumbleweed." Ev called out to the sand cat, and while they were waiting for the cat, they temporarily wondered if they were forgetting anything.

Maybe not.

Soon, the sand cat came padding over to Everest and they proceeded to pick the cat up into their arms. "Are we going to stay there all day?" Tumbleweed mumbled as Ev opened the door and stepped outside before shutting the door behind them. "Yes, we are," Everest responded before continuing, "besides there might be something fun that you can do." They let out a small laugh. Everest wasn't sure what all kind of fun things the fair had to offer but there was bound to be something.

Everest began to walk in the direction of the fair, at least they were hoping that they were going in the right direction. Oh well, the fair was bound to come into view soon enough and they were looking forward to it.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back